PDA

View Full Version : A Familar Feeling

Man-Goblin
02-02-2014, 07:47 PM
I'm 34. I kinda remember the suckiness of Super Bowl XXI.

I remember being happy initially the devostated and crying at half time of Super Bowl XXII.

I remember a long Bobby Humphrey run and crying and playing Tecmo Bowl at half time of the Super Bowl XXIV.

And I feel the same sick feeling tonight. Almost 25 years later, this has brought up the same horrible feelings.

I didn't expect it. That's all.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-02-2014, 07:52 PM
I vividly remember the progressively worse blowouts of the 80's. This feels much worse to me because I know that it's never going to happen with Manning. We are going to have to radically rebuild if we want a chance to actually win it all. You can't get there without a really good quarterback who won't fold under pressure, and you can't win it all without a physically dominant defense.

Broncomutt
02-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Imagine how Elway feels. He probably thought those bitter days were distant memories, gone and buried. The players just dug that up and shoved it in his face.

Man-Goblin
02-02-2014, 07:58 PM
I vividly remember the progressively worse blowouts of the 80's. This feels much worse to me because I know that it's never going to happen with Manning. We are going to have to radically rebuild if we want a chance to actually win it all. You can't get there without a really good quarterback who won't fold under pressure, and you can't win it all without a physically dominant defense.

I dunno man. I don't think this Manning run is over. We'll see, but I still think the window is open.

I was taking more about that embarassing feeling I get. Haven't had that in like 25 years. It's tough. And hurtful.

It sucks. And like I said, I hate feeling like I did when I was 10.

orinjkrush
02-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Imagine how Elway feels. He probably thought those bitter days were distant memories, gone and buried. The players just dug that up and shoved it in his face.

QFT

Man-Goblin

Elway had three of these. Heres to hoping he has some good plans and advice of perseverance for Manning. Need to get a championship before he is done. One.

gunns
I agree, the devastation of this one is due to the unexpectedness of this kind of game. I will say there is an advantage to being older. The pain isn't as deep. Or maybe it's because I believe we will be here next year with a better outcome. Otherwise the thought that this was our last shot for a long time would make it hurt worse.

Bronco Bob
02-02-2014, 08:03 PM
At least in all the other blow-outs Denver managed to score more than 8 points.

dsmoot
02-02-2014, 08:10 PM
I dunno man. I don't think this Manning run is over. We'll see, but I still think the window is open.

I was taking more about that embarassing feeling I get. Haven't had that in like 25 years. It's tough. And hurtful.

Bronco fan since 1972. This game was not a surprise. The axiom of winning championships with defense played out tonight. They forced the turnovers, our defense was so overmatched and we came nowhere near forcing turnovers. We can talk about not matching intensity and such but the Seahawks took what intensity we had and sucked it out of us with hard hitting, intense coverage, plenty of success against our offensive line and a general lack of pressure/secondary coverage. Our special teams coverage was problematic the last half of the season and we got bit there too.

Get ready, John Elway is playing for a championship and we will see plenty of turnover this offseason starting with Woodyard, Lenon, Champ, Carter, Adams, possibly Decker, Kuper, Moreno, Dreesen, Tamme, Ayers, Holliday. Just as in the 80s, Peyton took us as far as he could but you can't win at least with an opportunistic defense (97,98) if not a very good defense.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-02-2014, 08:16 PM

You've got to be shiatting me, right? There is no chance in hell he wins another Suberbowl. None.

ScottXray
02-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Huge changes are probably coming. But there is only so much that one year can do. I'm not sure Manning will want to continue....he at least was competitive in his other SB loss. There was no chance from the first set of downs on, and Seattle dominated every facet. We have a long way to go to match them in their level of play.

They had a very great season and almost NO injuries, plus almost no FAs. They will be in the hunt next year.

If we get our IR players back the defense might be better. But Defense wasn't the problem. We got outcoached and outplayed across the board.

Bronco Bob
02-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Huge changes are probably coming. But there is only so much that one year can do. I'm not sure Manning will want to continue....he at least was competitive in his other SB loss. There was no chance from the first set of downs on, and Seattle dominated every facet. We have a long way to go to match them in their level of play.

They had a very great season and almost NO injuries, plus almost no FAs. They will be in the hunt next year.

If we get our IR players back the defense might be better. But Defense wasn't the problem. We got outcoached and outplayed across the board.

As bad as it was, if not for the defense it would have been even worse. They're the only ones who bothered to show up.

Man-Goblin
02-02-2014, 08:22 PM
You've got to be shiatting me, right? There is no chance in hell he wins another Suberbowl. None.

So you will be turning off the TV the 2-3 years while he's the Broncos' QB, yes?

No point in watching, right? Please tell us, why is Peyton Manning the sole reason they lost this Super Bowl?

And please tell us why, if the team is improved, and has better health, they can't win a Super Bowl?