PDA

View Full Version : Bye Mike, Champ, Tony, Wesley, Paris ... Time to blowup the "D"

ATL-Eric
02-02-2014, 07:28 PM
We need at least 6 new starters on defense by my estimation.

Smiling Assassin27
02-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Ihenacho has no business being out there. What a disaster.

jmz313
02-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Starts with the coordinator.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Maybe getting the right personnel in there would help.

You know, not IGNORING the biggest need(MLB) of your defense.

Mogulseeker
02-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Tony Carter and Wood need to be back.

razorwire77
02-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Lol at people blaming this game on the defense. Although I agree we need to get much better at the safety position and a much better Mike.

barryr
02-02-2014, 07:49 PM
The game was lost by all units. The Bronco defense was giving up big plays in the 1st quarter. They did well to hold to field goals, but talent-wise, a serious upgrade is needed at MLB and the secondary for sure. Not to mention more help at DE since Ayers is a waste.

gunns
02-02-2014, 07:56 PM
While I've appreciated Elway's attention to the defense (it's more than Shanahan gave it) it's been time to blow up the defense forever. Some are good, but the vast majority are average. Might I also add I was very disappointed in JDR. On to next year.

errand
02-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Starts with the coordinator.

It's hell playing against two offenses........but feel free to act like the defense was the big culprit today.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-02-2014, 08:03 PM
How of you blow up a D, when half the guys you listed are only starting due to injuries?

orinjkrush
02-02-2014, 08:05 PM
The D played better than the O.
With all the O's gaffs, they kept the game close for almost a half.

That said, half of our D was on IR.

Wes Mantooth
02-02-2014, 08:05 PM
How of you blow up a D, when half the guys you listed are only starting due to injuries?

Exactly. Wish we were bumped out 1 game earlier.

sgbfan
02-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Defense will be fine if we resign DRC and Harris and they stay healthy. Could have upgraded at Safety and MLB, but they have a lot of talent in IR.

Hulamau
02-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Guys we lost 7 defensive starters on this team, Yes we need better depth but its a miracle we made it this far with the patchwork D we had. once we got behind and were struggling on O too the Defensive weaknesses finally broke apart for real. I was jsut hoping they could skate by on a prayer one more game but against a top team like Hawks who clearly deserved this game, it was inevitable that we got exposed on D.

The O-line really let us down in the first half too, we were moving the ball well but combination of not holding off Avril and a couple others led to Manning's forced throws and hits on the arm = INTs.

The die was cast when Rameriz hiked the damn ball over Peyton's head for a safety on the first damn play!' ... But you also have to give the Hawks some credit, they played a damn good game... Percy Harvin coming back for the last game while we just kept losing even more starters with Knowshon and Louie Vasquez going out the whole second half, was just too much to overcome on tiop of all the other losses,

Yeah this sucks big time, but Im still very proud of what this team and Peyton also accomplished all year and in the two short years since he came here. Now we just need to patch up a number of holes on D and get healthy with a little better luck next year and give it another shot.

Third time is the charm they say and we made real progress over year one of the Manning era, no reason to think with better injury luck and some better players on D next year that we cant make another run and win it all next year.

We know what its like to lose 4 SB before winning the first.

Tony Carter might as well just get a job flipping burgers in Times Square and skip the
flight home.. he is utterly worthless and gave up two TDs directly tonight.

WolfpackGuy
02-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Not the defense's fault for the loss tonight.

They hung tough considering the offense and special teams repeatedly crapped the bed.

jmz313
02-02-2014, 08:18 PM
It's hell playing against two offenses........but feel free to act like the defense was the big culprit today.

I don't blame the D for this loss per-say. I was more saying that if the OP is suggesting loosing 5 of 11 players on our D then you need to start with the coordinator who has those players on their assignments.

D coulda played better but I do agree with what you said, hard to beat a good team and your own offense in the same game.

stoxman
02-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Tony Carter and Wood need to be back.

GTFO! Tony was burned AGAIN twice for 14 points. He's gone and I'll be happy to see his stank ass hit the door!

TonyR
02-02-2014, 08:39 PM
I've been wary of the D all season, and been called out for it numerous times. This D just really isn't all that good. But we were down 5 starters and the O is far, far more to blame in this game.

rolandftw
02-02-2014, 08:42 PM
defense wasn't the issue in this game. we do need some big changes to the defense, and a great draft

strafen
02-02-2014, 08:45 PM
We've got overpowered and overmatched on the offense side of the ball.
Seattle defense was as good as advertised. That we allowed that very many point'd hardly got anything to do with our defense.
They played their hearts out for as much as they could, but the offense didn't match their contribution and at the end, the defense was a bunch of beaten players that spent way too much too successive times on the field

You guys could see that.

enjolras
02-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Ugh.. Denver fans just don't get it.

You don't win championships with great offense. You *need* game changing defense. Defenses that force turnovers. Defenses that are aggressive. Defenses that take the game to the other team.

Our defense is weak. Bend but don't break pussy football. Our defense is very very far away. Elway just doesn't get this. Our coaching staff sure as hell doesn't. Really only Carol and the Harbuagh's seem to understand it.

WolfpackGuy
02-02-2014, 08:46 PM
I thought the defense held their own, but it's not like Seattle is an offensive minded team.

It definitely needs a talent infusion at LB and S though.

Action
02-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Ugh.. Denver fans just don't get it.

You don't win championships with great offense. You *need* game changing defense. Defenses that force turnovers. Defenses that are aggressive. Defenses that take the game to the other team.

Our defense is weak. Bend but don't break p***Y football. Our defense is very very far away. Elway just doesn't get this. Our coaching staff sure as hell doesn't. Really only Carol and the Harbuagh's seem to understand it.

Elway doesn't get this? Really? So you're trying to tell me he hasn't invested heavily in the defense through draft and FA?

You're absolutely a ****ing idiot.

Broncos_OTM
02-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Maybe getting the right personnel in there would help.

You know, not IGNORING the biggest need(MLB) of your defense.

We addressed it. just not to some fans expectations. Bradley was supposed to be a starter

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Elway has done a much better job than Shanahan at addressing the defense, but we really needed more pass rushing talent. Our only legit pass rushing option was Miller. We don't have another sack threat on the team.

Seattle has like 10 guys (exaggerating, maybe) that excel at pass rush. Depth, especially at such a key concept, is definitely part of Elway's job. We've tended to go with more big body types instead of the speed rusher types. We could have signed Avril or Bennett. Or even someone similar to that. It's not like DE or LB is a strength. And I don't really count scooping Shaun Phillips up at the last minute for 1 million a sign of acknowledging the need for pass rushing help.

But regardless, I don't think Manning and our offense could beat Seattle if we played 10 times. They man-handled us. And they were faster than us off the line. And on defense, we were far too slow at DE and LB to deal with Harvin and Wilson running the ball.

We have a lot of work to do this offseason. It's nice winning the AFC, but if the NFC West is going to crush us every time going forward, it's all for naught. I'd like to see a Seattle-style team. Smash mouth but athletic offense, smash mouth but athletic defense. No finesse allowed.

ScottXray
02-02-2014, 09:03 PM
We have lost too many to IR and the Defense that was out there was not the one we were supposed to have. We did well to get this far....but we definitely need better MLB and safeties. Draft or FA there.

The off season will be interesting, but we need a lot of help , and have a lot of FAs that we might lose too.

We also need help on the O-line. Seattle abused Clark and Franklin today, mainly.

If Clady comes back healthy that's ONE position, but still need help inside.

Lots of holes to fill.

Broncoman13
02-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Our defense doesn't force turnovers. With Manning, you need a D that can force the occasional turnover.

Out coached tonight. The whole team looked underprepared and she'll shocked. The Seahawks are a reflection of their coach's intensity. Same with the Niners. Nick Saban's teams are the same way.

ATL-Eric
02-02-2014, 09:25 PM
Elway has done a much better job than Shanahan at addressing the defense, but we really needed more pass rushing talent. Our only legit pass rushing option was Miller. We don't have another sack threat on the team.

Seattle has like 10 guys (exaggerating, maybe) that excel at pass rush. Depth, especially at such a key concept, is definitely part of Elway's job. We've tended to go with more big body types instead of the speed rusher types. We could have signed Avril or Bennett. Or even someone similar to that. It's not like DE or LB is a strength. And I don't really count scooping Shaun Phillips up at the last minute for 1 million a sign of acknowledging the need for pass rushing help.

But regardless, I don't think Manning and our offense could beat Seattle if we played 10 times. They man-handled us. And they were faster than us off the line. And on defense, we were far too slow at DE and LB to deal with Harvin and Wilson running the ball.

We have a lot of work to do this offseason. It's nice winning the AFC, but if the NFC West is going to crush us every time going forward, it's all for naught. I'd like to see a Seattle-style team. Smash mouth but athletic offense, smash mouth but athletic defense. No finesse allowed.

I'm glad we play the NFC west next season. Well be battle tested in a sense and ready come playoff time. We need to draft some hard hittin Marcelus ****as tho