PDA

View Full Version : We were wrong, and Seattle fans were right.

Kaylore
02-02-2014, 06:03 PM
About everything.

They pressured us into mistakes.

They were more physical in the secondary.

Manning played poorly and made mistakes.

Percy Harvin was a major factor.

We were out coached.

We were out-played

We were out classed.

Defense does trump offense.

Seattle is the better team and they proved it today.

theAPAOps5
02-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Yep

yerner
02-02-2014, 06:05 PM
I kind of felt it coming. I've watched every one of their games with Lynch on my dynasty team. They are badass. And their coaching staff is more motivated than ours.

UberBroncoMan
I don't even think in their wildest dreams they imagined a thrashing like this. No one did. This is worse than the Raiders loss to Tampa or the Giants loss to Balt.

razorwire77
Pretty much.

Hopefully, we'll get a garbage time touchdown to avoid another dubious SB record.

LRtagger
Absolutely.

hades
02-02-2014, 06:06 PM
At least we're not getting shut ou... wait, we are. Never mind.

This is worse than the 80's, all rolled into 60 minutes of football.

DenverBound
Yup. They ARE the best team in the NFL. Hands down.

I guarantee if they were tested right now, the whole team would be suspended for steroids. I have no doubts.

SoCalBronco
You win, Armchair.

HELLHAMMER
02-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Comes down to better coaching. Not just talking about the game plan either. All NFL players are good, very few are truly game changers. It's having the right system and coaching the simple things like holding on to the football, when to take a kickoff out of the endzone, etc. etc. etc.

jmz313
02-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Turning off my first broncos game ever.... At least I won a 250 dollar SB square... Sucks

HELLHAMMER
02-02-2014, 06:08 PM
I guarantee if they were tested right now, the whole team would be suspended for steroids. I have no doubts.

no doubt. but with no proof..it doesn't matter

barryr
02-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Seattle won the mental part of the game. They had nothing to do with Ramirez snapping the ball over Manning's head. Colquitt's crap punts. Prater's short kickoff. Bad decisions by coaches, but also Seattle clearly the tougher team, physically, but more importantly, mentally too. That showed from the start.

Rascal
02-02-2014, 06:09 PM
This was like the scene in saving private ryan when the german is telling the jewish guy "ssshhhhhh" while stabbing him....except that it's lasting 4 hours.

rolandftw
02-02-2014, 06:11 PM
even seattle fans were not expecting a blowout at his level, for the most part.

there is going to have to be major, major changes for the broncos next year. Might not be his fault, but I would start with the coaching staff.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Well at least no shutout.

HELLHAMMER
02-02-2014, 06:12 PM
The NFL is happy. that's for sure. The younger generation is here and they don't want to see some old crippled up statue back there. they want to see the fast, gunslingin gambler, running around throwing long bombs. Manziel will be a hit. They want to root for a trash talking, disrespectful, in-your-face team because that's how the young folks are nowadays. They can identify with that and it sells jerseys.

Manning, Brady, Brees..they're old news and just flat out old.

spdirty
02-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Good. Lets get into double digits now.

jmz313
02-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Thank god we won't be the victims of the first SB shutout. Sucks enough to be the 10 in 55-10.

Mogulseeker
02-02-2014, 06:15 PM
The Seahawks are good. They won the Super Bowl. They are the best team in the NFL this year.

But never, ever, give credit to the douchebag Seahawks fans, est. 2013.

maven
02-02-2014, 06:15 PM
We're just fans.

The showing by the 'broncos offense has been AWFUL. THEY DESERVE TO LOSE.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 06:18 PM
**** Seahawks fans

Que
The outcoaching is breathtaking.

Popcorn Sutton
Can't argue with you Kaylore.

Willynowei
02-02-2014, 06:19 PM
The only person, and I mean the only person that I feel bad for in all of this is Champ Bailey, a decorated career and he might finish without a ring. Meanwhile Manning deservedly will now fall out of any greatest of all time conversations, because you simply cannot escape a legacy defined almost entirely by chokes in the postseason.

Vegas_Bronco
02-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Congrats on finally winning a SB....finally.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 06:20 PM
The only person, and I mean the only person that I feel bad for in all of this is Champ Bailey, a decorated career and he might finish without a ring. Meanwhile Manning deservedly will now fall out of any greatest of all time conversations, because you simply cannot escape a legacy defined almost entirely by chokes in the postseason.

This was an absolute entire team collapse

Rohirrim
02-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Yep. OP is right on.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 06:21 PM
I never felt the need to be a good sport to other fans. It's not like they did anything

UberBroncoMan
02-02-2014, 06:22 PM
His mobility absolutely **** on us.

Man-Goblin
02-02-2014, 06:23 PM
I have a hard time explaining why, but yes, they are the better team. Got I hate feeling the same way I felt when I was 10 years old. Same feeling. Hard to explain.

Broncos_OTM
02-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Congrats to Seattle on their first Superbowl. Hopefully we can turn this around for next year.

Willynowei
02-02-2014, 06:24 PM
This was an absolute entire team collapse

At halftime:

1.) 14 points off 2 manning INT's.
2.) 5 points off a bad snap.
3.) Defense allowed 3 points otherwise.

Holiday and Peyton Manning put the team in a 29 point hole almost by themselves. Manning gets credits for the wins, this loss is on him. And it adds to a legacy that is plagued by these kind of untimely collapses.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 06:26 PM
At halftime:

1.) 14 points off 2 manning INT's.
2.) 5 points off a bad snap.
3.) Defense allowed 3 points otherwise.

Holiday and Peyton Manning put the team in a 29 point hole almost by themselves. Manning gets credits for the wins, this loss is on him. And it adds to a legacy that is plagued by these kind of untimely collapses.

Yep. He was terrible. But I'll roll with Peyton any day

theAPAOps5
02-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Troy Aikmen: "I do t know what Denver is doing."

Denver: "neither do we"

txtebow
02-02-2014, 06:27 PM
I have a hard time explaining why, but yes, they are the better team. Got I hate feeling the same way I felt when I was 10 years old. Same feeling. Hard to explain.

Exactly. I remember listening to Vance Johnson on Roy firestones ESPN talk show say that the broncos had something extra for the 49ers before superbowk 24 and thinking " Vance knows something we don't" and I was certain that we'd upset the niners after losing the previous 2 Super Bowls to the giants and red skins... 55-10 later and I was a broken bronco

Paladin
02-02-2014, 06:27 PM
So what? Great season.

Paladin
02-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Holliday gone?

rmsanger
02-02-2014, 06:30 PM
This was like the scene in saving private ryan when the german is telling the jewish guy "ssshhhhhh" while stabbing him....except that it's lasting 4 hours.

I was thinking more along the lines of...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1240951/deliverance-o.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/3070812/deliverance-o.gif

Rohirrim
02-02-2014, 06:31 PM
It's not just the Seahawks fans. The Indy fans told us Manning would choke on the big stage. The Carolina fans told us Fox would choke on the big stage. Seems like everybody is right, but us.

NASurfer
02-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Elway only won the Manning sweepstakes. He'll make anyone look good.

We're built short term and Seattle may also get credit for knocking us into the basement for years to come.

We had good memories in the late 90's. Wish we could have had more.

OBF1
02-02-2014, 06:37 PM
I never said we would beat Seattle, Good defense always trumps a good offense. I was hopeful at best and after our first play tonight I knew if was over.

Funny thing is this is one SB game I did not think we had a chance to win and the loss is not that hard to take for that reason. We need to spend every draft pick in the upcoming draft on bigger, stronger and faster defensive players if we are going to have a chance next year.

CEH
02-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Jim irsay was right
Star Wars numbers

Old Dude
02-02-2014, 06:50 PM
We were dominated across the board today - offense, defense, special teams. Every phase.

Give them the props. The Hawks have lapped virtually everyone with their drafting and F/A signings, and they really do look like the '85 Bears.

Nothing much else to say, except that the front office has a lot of work ahead.

Jekyll15Hyde
02-02-2014, 06:51 PM
The outcoaching is breathtaking.

This

broncosteven
02-02-2014, 06:54 PM
About everything.

We were out coached.

We were out-played

We were out classed.

I wonder if in an alternate universe somewhere the official doesn't catch the 1st coin toss and we actually show up and blow the Seahawks out?

Maybe we manufacture a real D next year and win it all.

Congrats to the Seahawks they owned us from the opening snap.

Turned it over and gave them short fields all day, the things I said we could not do.

Next year.

Rohirrim
02-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Turns out the Broncos were a house of cards. So, what do they do next year to fix that? I just don't see it happening. Not in Manning's short remaining career. Better to cut the losses now and start the rebuild.

orinjkrush
02-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Its the curse. The curse of the orange jerseys. check it out. it exists.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Turns out the Broncos were a house of cards. So, what do they do next year to fix that? I just don't see it happening. Not in Manning's short remaining career. Better to cut the losses now and start the rebuild.

No ****in way

Archer81
02-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Congrats Seattle. You were the better team today.

:Broncos:

Archer81
02-02-2014, 06:57 PM

23 points off of turnovers. Our mistakes are the reason we lost. Not lack of talent.

Rohirrim
02-02-2014, 07:00 PM
23 points off of turnovers. Our mistakes are the reason we lost. Not lack of talent.

This team was soft as ****. Across the board. Collapse. Talent doesn't matter. Reload the same thing next year. Why?

ColoradoDarin
02-02-2014, 07:02 PM
The mental mistakes this team continually makes drives me nuts. Probably starts at coaching. I like Fox, JDR and Gase so I have no idea how to fix it.

ScottXray
02-02-2014, 07:03 PM

Yep. If we never play a game in orange again I wouldn't care.

On the other hand congrats to the Seahawks for being the best team in the NFL this year. They earned it and got the win in EVERY way possible.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Jim irsay was right
Star Wars numbers

The rulebook that was shifted decidedly in Manning's favor goes out the window in the post season. Which is why his regular season heroics don't amount to shiat. Which is also why he doesn't hold a candle to Elway.

Archer81
02-02-2014, 07:07 PM
This team was soft as ****. Across the board. Collapse. Talent doesn't matter. Reload the same thing next year. Why?

I dont buy the soft argument. They seemed disinterested and a little shell shocked after the safety. It happens. And 23 points directly because of mistakes is a killer, no matter how "hard" you are as a team.

ScottXray
02-02-2014, 07:09 PM
I wonder if in an alternate universe somewhere the official doesn't catch the 1st coin toss and we actually show up and blow the Seahawks out?

Maybe we manufacture a real D next year and win it all.

Congrats to the Seahawks they owned us from the opening snap.

Turned it over and gave them short fields all day, the things I said we could not do.

Next year.

Yep, didn't protect Manning, didn't establish the run, turned it over , gave up the ST TD.

I'm not as upset as I thought I would be...yet am thinking maybe its time for PM to hang it up....we are good enuf to get back again next year. if we can keep most of our FAs ..but Manning may not want to see this kind of game again. He really has nothing left to prove.

any way Next year...maybe.

errand
02-02-2014, 07:11 PM
About everything.

We were out coached.

We were out-played

We were out classed.

Better team won today....and I tip my hat to them. congrats Seahawks.....and your fans...except for Armchair, he sucks as a fan regardless of who he really roots for.

errand
02-02-2014, 07:13 PM

This^

You will rarely beat any team turning the ball over 4 times.....and tonight just wasn't our night. The Broncos don't suck...but they did play a sucky game.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 07:14 PM
This^

You will rarely beat any team turning the ball over 4 times.....and tonight just wasn't our night. The Broncos don't suck...but they did play a sucky game.

It's this. But ugh, just the absolute wrong game to suck

gunns
02-02-2014, 07:18 PM

That and the 13-3.

enjolras
02-02-2014, 07:24 PM

**** no.

Champ had an awful game.

orinjkrush
02-02-2014, 07:32 PM
the crowd noise freaked out the O on the first play.

that led to the safety.

that put a hole in whatever mojo we had. and it snowballed.

the 12th man won it.

LetsGoBroncos
02-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Seattle beat us bad fair and square. Hats off to them. But anyone that doesn't think we had a huge part in beating ourselves is crazy. Counting the safety and turnovers on downs how many turnovers did we have? 6? 7? Combined with a kickoff return?

razorwire77
02-02-2014, 07:35 PM

With the exception of the return and the safety, I disagree we didn't make mistakes. Seattle's physicality forced mistakes. Entirely different animal.

WolfpackGuy
02-02-2014, 07:35 PM
The only way the Broncos were going to lose was turnovers and crazy plays.

And that's what the fug happened!

I didn't think they could do it, but the Squawks straight took it to them.

KipCorrington25
02-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Except for the safety, four turnovers, kicking short and giving up a TD on the opening of the 2nd half they played flawless!

broncosteven
02-02-2014, 07:49 PM
With the exception of the return and the safety, I disagree we didn't make mistakes. Seattle's physicality forced mistakes. Entirely different animal.

I saw multiple bad snaps, balls dropped, balls over thrown, balls fumbled, balls thrown behind guys, plays that normally convert on 3rd and 1 fail the D have coverage breakdowns on 3rd and long, poor blocking by the OL and panic at every position.

The Seattle D was fast, they sniffed out a lot of screens and plays that normally work for us and have worked all year.

Maybe I would agree with you if the opening snap didn't go like it did but no one laid a finger on anyone before it was 0-2. That was just professionals crapping the bed.

Gene Kranz would have never allowed this.

razorwire77
02-02-2014, 07:53 PM
I saw multiple bad snaps, balls dropped, balls over thrown, balls fumbled, balls thrown behind guys, plays that normally convert on 3rd and 1 fail the D have coverage breakdowns on 3rd and long, poor blocking by the OL and panic at every position.

The Seattle D was fast, they sniffed out a lot of screens and plays that normally work for us and have worked all year.

Maybe I would agree with you if the opening snap didn't go like it did but no one laid a finger on anyone before it was 0-2. That was just professionals crapping the bed.

Gene Kranz would have never allowed this.

Balls were dropped, thrown behind, fumbled and overthrown because Seattle's defense just destroyed everything and anything in front of them. Peyton had happy feet and his mechanics were terrible (by PFM standards), Orlando Franklin got destroyed on a straight bull-rush (twice). Our receivers couldn't get consistent separation and were jarred off their routes. They heard footsteps on all of the crossing routes and ran tentatively. The mistakes were because the Seahawks pushed our collective **** in. Plain and simple.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Well, the clear mistake was Fox having the team practice with moderate crowd noise during the week because they didn't anticipate the Super Bowl being that loud.

Whoops.

cutthemdown
02-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Big deal it's only a game. Broncos need to not worry so much what position they improve, just look for more physical defenders.

Going to have to find a starting CB, that is probably the biggest need on defense. Going to have sign/draft some dends and a mlb. Then obviously safety's stink and need to be upgraded also.

It sucks to lose like that and it bothers me for about an hour after i realize Broncos are going to lose. **** I lost 1000 bucks and should be way more pissed off then most of the board.

Whatever I guess because i have been around for the other blowouts I realize it's not that big of a deal.

Eldorado
02-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Congrats Seattle. You were the better team today.

Truth

Jekyll15Hyde
02-02-2014, 08:45 PM

Exactly. This teams needs to add some physicality.

rsrobinson
02-02-2014, 09:11 PM
About everything.

We were out coached.

We were out-played

We were out classed.

Thanks.

Congrats on the Broncos on a great season.

Let's line up and do this again next year.

broncosteven
02-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Balls were dropped, thrown behind, fumbled and overthrown because Seattle's defense just destroyed everything and anything in front of them. Peyton had happy feet and his mechanics were terrible (by PFM standards), Orlando Franklin got destroyed on a straight bull-rush (twice). Our receivers couldn't get consistent separation and were jarred off their routes. They heard footsteps on all of the crossing routes and ran tentatively. The mistakes were because the Seahawks pushed our collective **** in. Plain and simple.

It is called stage fright, it happens to all performers, Broncos couldn't use theirs to their advantage and failed to execute at all levels. If it were just one phase of the game I would agree but the Broncos choked at every level. Seahawks smelt the blood in the water and pounced but the Broncos were the ones who cut themselves.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Thanks.

Congrats on the Broncos on a great season.

Let's line up and do this again next year.

Yeah eat a d*ck. And call me classless, it's not like you personally did anything

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Eat a d*** becomes bend me over a rock ??? Haha what???

andyh64000
02-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Yeah eat a d*ck. And call me classless, it's not like you personally did anything

except as the 12th man we do do anything...

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 09:39 PM

whatever. 25 years ago, i arbitrarily picked the team that lost tonight. You arbitrarily picked the one that won. You didn't split the atom.

nyuk nyuk
02-02-2014, 09:42 PM
Seattle won the mental part of the game. They had nothing to do with Ramirez snapping the ball over Manning's head. Colquitt's crap punts. Prater's short kickoff. Bad decisions by coaches, but also Seattle clearly the tougher team, physically, but more importantly, mentally too. That showed from the start.

Yes -- I'd like to know what in the hell was going on with the coaches. This team was in NO way prepared.

rsrobinson
02-02-2014, 09:59 PM

You're classless.

theAPAOps5
02-02-2014, 10:00 PM

Ha ha, you got filtered!

razorwire77
02-02-2014, 10:01 PM

Make sure to clip off the price tags from the hat and jersey before the big parade.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 10:03 PM
You're classless.

Sue me. I'll congratulate you if you're on the team. All you did was make some arbitrary decision a bunch of years ago.

rsrobinson
02-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Sue me. I'll congratulate you if you're on the team. All you did was make some arbitrary decision a bunch of years ago.

As opposed to what you did years ago?

All I've heard from you guys prior to the Super Bowl is trashing both the Seahawks and their fans. I came here to be nice, rather than rubbing it. So, never mind.

Scoreboard. 43-8.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 10:12 PM
As opposed to what you did years ago?

All I've heard from you guys prior to the Super Bowl is trashing both the Seahawks and their fans. I came here to be nice, rather than rubbing it. So, never mind.

Scoreboard. 43-8.

I'm not claiming i'd say its me. And i wasnt on an opposing teams message board talkin' either.

And your ****ing presence here after tonight is rubbing it in. So go **** yourself and die in a fire.

rsrobinson
02-02-2014, 10:15 PM
I'm not claiming i'd say its me. And i wasnt on an opposing teams message board talkin' either.

And your ****ing presence here after tonight is rubbing it in. So go **** yourself and die in a fire.

43-8

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 10:15 PM
43-8

Wonderful. Enjoy your ****ing life in that hell hole.

And, yes, i used to live in the pacific northwest and ****ing hated it.

Only a true asshole would come on someone elses message board to talk ****. GTFO

rsrobinson
02-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Wonderful. Enjoy your ****ing life in that hell hole.

And, yes, i used to live in the pacific northwest and ****ing hated it.

43-8

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 10:17 PM
43-8

I'm done letting some troll affect my mood. Over it. So feel free to post the score again, i'm not gonna respond to it.

Crushaholic
02-02-2014, 10:20 PM
Yeah eat a d*ck.

MMMMM...Duck...That sounds delicious. Wait...That's not what you meant?:wiggle: