PDA

View Full Version : Next Year

Rascal
02-02-2014, 06:16 PM
This is over....focus on next year.

Sadly, the defense isn't the problem in the playoffs or this game. Not sure how you can improve on the "best offense ever" and here we are getting shut out.

Bring on the Jameson.

B-Large
02-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Bigger o line, just steamroll the Defense into submission.

I am stArting to think maybe you cut some high salary guys and bring in some hungry, fast aggressively talent.... The 2007 and 2014 blueprint ain't the plan.

Good ****ing lord

rolandftw
02-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Offensive line will be better with Clady

razorwire77
02-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Clady comes back.

Draft a RT

Move Franklin inside

Kick Beadles to the curb

Profit.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-02-2014, 06:43 PM
They need someone with an edge on D, they've needed it for years.

Rascal
02-02-2014, 06:47 PM
1. Fire the ST coach.

2. Pray somebody hires Gase. If not, fire him.

Rascal
02-02-2014, 06:48 PM
They need someone with an edge on D, they've needed it for years.

D isn't the problem when your offense has 3 TOs, 0 points, and your ST gives up a KO return.

elsid13
02-02-2014, 06:50 PM
D isn't the problem when your offense has 3 TOs, 0 points, and your ST gives up a KO return.

If you have D worth a damn, they make up for O's mistakes....

Vegas_Bronco
02-02-2014, 06:51 PM
TEACH Manning to get rid of the damn ball on time.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 06:53 PM
I can't even care right now. Gimme a few weeks

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-02-2014, 06:54 PM
It's gonna have to be FA. Cause the draft won't solve our problems short term.

Or don't let he NY shine in the eyes of our players. This game seems just secondary to them.

WolfpackGuy
02-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Lol, this is comical.

hades
02-02-2014, 07:01 PM
So do we want a running/scrambling QB early in the draft to groom if Manning comes back next year? Or do we stay with Elways plan, pure pocket passer?

ATL-Eric
02-02-2014, 07:02 PM
We need some of Elway's "bad locker room guys" back that give this team some toughness. Jared Allen anyone?

Broncos_OTM
02-02-2014, 07:04 PM
If you have D worth a damn, they make up for O's mistakes....

they held them to field goals.. id say the d over all was solid once seattle got the lead they just had to run a control the offense clock and limit the mistakes.

Broncos_OTM
02-02-2014, 07:07 PM
TEACH Manning to get rid of the damn ball on time.

Seattle is known to derail the timing of offenses by jamming.. id say the just had their way with us and our recievers couldn't beat the jam and the coordinator didn't give us plays that could help beat them

Broncos_OTM
02-02-2014, 07:08 PM
I am at a loss at where we went wrong

jmz313
02-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Time to prepare for life after Manning.

jmz313
02-02-2014, 07:13 PM
Also, let's prepare to mow Seattle defensive backfield... They can't afford to keep all these guys.

Rascal
02-02-2014, 07:13 PM
There have to be some major changes after this.

HELLHAMMER
02-02-2014, 07:16 PM
So do we want a running/scrambling QB early in the draft to groom if Manning comes back next year? Or do we stay with Elways plan, pure pocket passer?

The days of the pure pocket passer are over

barryr
02-02-2014, 07:18 PM
I don't see major coaching changes. Sure, there may be a few like every season, but a team that just went 13-3 and made the Super Bowl is not going to fire half its staff because of a horrid performance in the Super Bowl.

The changes that need to made it personnel and getting some tougher players.

hades
02-02-2014, 07:23 PM

I don't know if Elway sees it that way tho.

OBF1
02-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Coaching??? Fox had zero to show with 2 weeks to prepare for the biggest game of the year. Our guys looked like weak bitches tonight against a tough D. SF would have done the same to us tonight.

Broncos_OTM
02-02-2014, 07:49 PM
I think the offensive line is a root to the problem here. somewhere amongs this cluster ****

orinjkrush
02-02-2014, 08:11 PM
We're almost there.

Beadles is a backup. Franklin is better inside.

Moreno is gone. Peyton may be too. (I hope not.)

Wolfe? who knows what disease he has.

Big Vick. Come on down, big boy. Von Miller? get your chit together! Champ? Goodbye, dear friend.

WE NEED A MLB and a SS DAMMIT (for the fourth year that I've been saying.)

ScottXray
02-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Have to agree. A mobile QB that can be good from the pocket is the schizznitz. Manning tried to roll out and it should have worked, but our receivers didn't win their match ups, and he wasn't accurate enough.

Not sure if Brock can do that ...but at least he can move some.

At any rate time is needed to analyse this. First problem is the coaching...Seattle outhit our team in every way. They need to get tougher.

Despite how good our O is it is still basically a finesse O and uses deception more than just being more physical. DT is the only player that is physical enough. Maybe JT also with another year. But he needs to block better.

Our O-line and D lines got handled pretty well today.

stoxman
02-02-2014, 08:43 PM
Clady comes back.

Draft a RT

Move Franklin inside

Kick Beadles to the curb

Profit.

I'm down with that! :thumbsup:

Arkie
02-02-2014, 08:48 PM
next year.

I'm a believer.

Kid A
02-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Add an all-pro pass rusher at LB. Add a 1st round pass rushers at DE. Add an all-pro LT. Etc etc.

I'm honestly going to need a few months off from football before I can care again, but however soft and outmatched Denver looked tonight, my immediate instinct isn't for any kind of overhaul. Given the state of the AFC, a rematch of tonight in 1 year is well within reason (for better or worse).

Old Dude
02-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Add an all-pro pass rusher at LB. Add a 1st round pass rushers at DE. Add an all-pro LT. Etc etc.

Toss in a blue chip CB and that sounds a lot like our injured reserve list.

TonyR
02-02-2014, 08:55 PM
I am at a loss at where we went wrong

It was pretty much a major cluster**** all around. But I think the biggest thing was that we couldn't handle their pressure. Like most QB's, particularly immobile ones, PM can't play well when he's pressured like that. He was pressured into most of those mistakes. And that didn't happen much this season, but it happened in this game far more than many other.

Kid A
02-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Toss in a blue chip CB and that sounds a lot like our injured reserve list.

That was the joke!

Too burned out from this season / this game to work up enthusiasm for 2014 campaign, but clearly this team will be in the mix again if they don't sustain the same avalanche of injuries. Denver plays the NFC West next year in the regular season, so the chance to measure themselves will come before the playoffs. They'll have plenty of chances to see if they can rise up to the 49ers / Seahawks level, even before a possible SB rematch.

Jekyll15Hyde
02-02-2014, 09:25 PM
Coaching: I would be fine with Fox going and TBH, I like JDR. Let Fox "retire" due to his heart

Defense: Our top line talent is good but with all the injuries, the depth was exposed. 1 more pass rusher would be nice but our MLB and Safety play isnt good. You need more secondary depth so you never have to see Tony Carter or the Jammer's of the world play again. I am ok with Champ back at nickel with a big pay cut of course

Offense: Need more at RT. Move Franklin inside and try to get a better RT. Not sure what Clark would look like over there. Welker should walk and resign Decker. Go after Edlemen in FA. And Moreno probably walks so Ball starts and I would like to see a bigger back to compliment him.

spiralism
02-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Should blow the whole lot up. Teams don't rebound from SB losses the following year and it's gonna be Manning's last. Speed the process. There's no way we rebound from this in any meaningful way so we should start clearing cap and try again with another coach and different players. None of these here will do the trick as choking is in their DNA.

It's drastic, but choking is endemic and the only way of dealing with a plague is burn it all and start from scratch.

Denver724
02-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Call me crazy, but I think Anderson will get his shot to be the feature back. I just think he's much more explosive than Ball. Ball finished tonight 6 for 1 yard rushing. Anderson played the last series and finished 2 for 9 yards rushing with a catch for 14 yards.