PDA

View Full Version : This might be old news

SleepingTiger
02-02-2014, 12:18 PM
woke up this morning watching espn and nfl network. damn those networks. it was a ****en Seattle love fest. its about wilson as this incredible QB and how young and mature he is. seattles incredible secondary and how sherman the the two safties play is out of this world. seattles front 4 are sack machines. the linebackers can dominate any TE in the league and will control the middle of the field. percy harvin's as this incredible xfactor. they treat him like he is jamaal charles, AD and calvin johnson all in one package. the way they talk about seattle, i am shocked that they even gave up a FG much less a TD all season.

when they talk about the broncos, its about how PFM and his ducks, legacy, how if at all possible for him to beat the GOAT seattle secondary. when they do talk about any other broncos, it always end up a slob knocker for this great seattle defense and how wilson will dominate the broncos. prime example, they talk about bailey and how great he WAS and how he deserves a win. after a few positives, one of the asses jumps in and say he will get burned by baldwin.

**** seattle, **** espn, **** the nfl network. i was so pissed this morning.

Old Dude
02-02-2014, 12:21 PM
I prefer it this way.

I hope they build up the Hawks as high as possible.

theAPAOps5
02-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Haven't watched all day? There are some media members who have picked Denver to easily lose every playoff game. Yet all Denver does is come out and execute.

I heard on the radio Rodney Harrison said Pete Carrol is one of the most prepared coaches in the NFL how he has a What If sheet that has every possible scenario. That's great, how did that work out for Belichick two weeks ago. He was mind ****ed by Manning.

Seattle is a good team, so is Denver. I think Denver is the better of the two. So I am ignoring the rest of the idiots.

errand
02-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Elway not only made the team switch hotels to get away from friends and family distractions, he also had the TV's locked onto just the National Geographic channel so the team won't have to listen to the bullsh1t being spewed by the pointy headed analysts

McDman
02-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Basically everyone on ESPN picked the Broncos.

theAPAOps5
elway not onyl made the team switch hotels to get away from friends and family distractions, he also had the TV's locked onto just the National Geographic channel so the team won't have to listen to the bullsh1t being spewed by the pointy headed analysts

Seriously?

rolandftw
elway not onyl made the team switch hotels to get away from friends and family distractions, he also had the TV's locked onto just the National Geographic channel so the team won't have to listen to the bullsh1t being spewed by the pointy headed analysts

Not like it matters much, but wouldn't it be better for them to hear what they're saying?

theAPAOps5
02-02-2014, 12:47 PM

LOL

I literally am ignoring the pregame crap, but this is funny! One guy is going off about the Seattle love. But yet the majority pick Denver. I am sure Seattle fans are saying the same thing.

stoxman
02-02-2014, 12:49 PM

Not true. 3 went for Seahawks including Berman.

Man-Goblin
02-02-2014, 12:56 PM
There has certainly been a lot more Seattle coverage today. Perhaps because they allowed more access. I dunno. Regardless, I'm cool with it.

DenverDynamite
02-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Screw 'em! I turned that crap off two days ago. All year all I've heard from NFL Network and to a lesser extent ESPN is "what will Team A do to the Broncos. How will the Broncos ever be able to stand up to Team A, B, C, or D's pass rush, running game, cornerbacks, etc. etc. etc.
KC Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, NE Patriots ALL were going to be our kryptonite, as a certain unnamed d-bag put it.
After today, they'll be telling us how there is no way the Broncos can repeat.

uplink
02-02-2014, 12:59 PM
I expect the broncos OL to win the battle against the Seattle's DLine. I will be surprised if this doesn't happen but you never know. I just don't see why everyone thinks the broncos offense will not be able to move the ball. I expect the right side of Denver's Oline to steam roll these guys.

SleepingTiger
02-02-2014, 01:03 PM

i was watching all this in bed while playing with the baby. then i got really irritated and told my wife all this love fest for the cocks is over the top. she said, "from what i hear, wilson is the second best qb in the league. is that true?"

thats when i completely lost it.

i saw that too, so i don't get the love fest for the cocks. but i am so tired of hearing how the broncos are a one man team. as if manning is playing with a bunch of scrubs. all they talk about is how percy harvin was dearly missed. wtf, we only lost 2 all pro's and several pro bowl players on ir.

razorwire77
02-02-2014, 01:12 PM
I will ignore all pregame until 30 minutes before kickoff

broncosteven
02-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Haven't watched all day? There are some media members who have picked Denver to easily lose every playoff game. Yet all Denver does is come out and execute.

I heard on the radio Rodney Harrison said Pete Carrol is one of the most prepared coaches in the NFL how he has a What If sheet that has every possible scenario. That's great, how did that work out for Belichick two weeks ago. He was mind ****ed by Manning.

Seattle is a good team, so is Denver. I think Denver is the better of the two. So I am ignoring the rest of the idiots.

I think I figured it out, these talking heads are probably instructed to be the Bronco guy, the Seahag guy just to keep both sides engaged.

I think it is sad that the Seahag story has been Richard Sherman's outburst considering "the best D in the league" had a solid drive mounted on them late in their Championship game and they nearly lost it.

Protect the ball, no short fields and we got this!

Kaylore
02-02-2014, 01:22 PM
I really stopped watching the analysis after Wednesday. You soon realize it's all the same and two weeks to draw out the same story lines is too much.

And yes, I think it has been more pro-seahawk. You'd think Manning was playing by himself.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 01:27 PM
woke up this morning watching espn and nfl network. damn those networks. it was a ****en Seattle love fest. its about wilson as this incredible QB and how young and mature he is. seattles incredible secondary and how sherman the the two safties play is out of this world. seattles front 4 are sack machines. the linebackers can dominate any TE in the league and will control the middle of the field. percy harvin's as this incredible xfactor. they treat him like he is jamaal charles, AD and calvin johnson all in one package. the way they talk about seattle, i am shocked that they even gave up a FG much less a TD all season.

when they talk about the broncos, its about how PFM and his ducks, legacy, how if at all possible for him to beat the GOAT seattle secondary. when they do talk about any other broncos, it always end up a slob knocker for this great seattle defense and how wilson will dominate the broncos. prime example, they talk about bailey and how great he WAS and how he deserves a win. after a few positives, one of the asses jumps in and say he will get burned by baldwin.

**** seattle, **** espn, **** the nfl network. i was so pissed this morning.

It's all good. The Broncos are at their best when people don't give them any credit. Seattle's offense is about to get their **** pushed in.

milehighJC
02-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Here is to hoping the Seahawks believe the national press slobberfest. I could not care less what the pundits think. Remember SB XXXIII was going to be a rout, that the Broncos had no chance.

Gooooooooddddd Listen to the press. Let your confidence grow beyond your skills. Hope you don't mind that we will play the game anyway.

As for me, I really like the professional business like approach the Broncos have taken. Talk less, prepare more. There will be plenty of time for limelight after they win.

McDman
02-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Not true. 3 went for Seahawks including Berman.

Like I said, basically everyone. About 11 people picked. It was a figure of speech.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Like I said, basically everyone. About 11 people picked. It was a figure of speech.

It's kind of been weird. Media picks are basically 50/50, but the media coverage is decidedly pro-Seahawks from what I've seen.

stopgap
02-02-2014, 01:44 PM
woke up this morning

Screen name and opening to your post is way too ironic to ignore. lol.

Manning looked pretty damn serious walking into the stadium earlier. The talking heads will be shushed soon enough.

maher_tyler
02-02-2014, 01:47 PM
It's always how defense wins championships. Except that hasn't happened since 1990. They never seem to mention that. Oh well...

OBF1
02-02-2014, 01:52 PM
The only coverage I have watched in the past 2 weeks was that awards show/red carpet thing last night for maybe 45 minutes. It seemed to me that most of the NFL players picked the chickens when asked who would win.

Is it game time yet???

maher_tyler
02-02-2014, 01:55 PM
The only coverage I have watched in the past 2 weeks was that awards show/red carpet thing last night for maybe 45 minutes. It seemed to me that most of the NFL players picked the chickens when asked who would win.

Is it game time yet???

Joe Montana picked us when he was on NFLN.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 01:59 PM
It's always how defense wins championships. Except that hasn't happened since 1990. They never seem to mention that. Oh well...

The 2007 Giants would disagree.

Though really, to focus on one side of the ball or the other as being more important for winning championships is just simple-minded. Defensive-oriented teams have won it. Offensive-oriented teams have won it. Both have generally needed good play from the other unit as well as special teams to do it though. The Broncos likely won't win today if their defense doesn't play well. The Seahawks most definitely won't win today if their offense doesn't play well.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Joe Montana picked us when he was on NFLN.

Steve Young did as well. Those 49er QBs know what a great offense can do.