PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck

Templeofthedawg
02-02-2014, 04:28 AM
I have enjoyed reading all the posts on here the past couple weeks. Even the nonsense made me laugh sometimes. This is an insanely tough game to call for me. Every argument to be made for the Broncos offense (Seattle hasn't seen an offense like this before) can be made for Seattle's defense (Denver hasn't seen a defense like this before). The one thing I feel certain about is that it won't be a blowout. SEA has 3 losses by a combined 15 pts, DEN has 3 by a combined 16 pts. I think those two will be a wash. Peyton will have 260 yards passing, 1.5 TD's (maybe he drives em all the way to the 1 yd line, and Moreno runs it in, that's the .5 TD) and 1 pick. The SEA offense vs the DEN D will be the difference maker in my eyes. It feels like an instant classic will happen. As a Seahawks fan, the one area that helps me sleep is knowing they were 13-3 without Percy Harvin. Who knows what kind of impact he will have, but it could be huge. After all the analysis the past two weeks, it will probably come down to something like a punt return TD, or blocked FG, something no one could predict. I am sure I will shake my head in bewilderment at times while watching the DEN Offense, and probably scream "HOW DID HE MAKE THAT THROW, IT WASN'T EVEN A SPIRAL!!!" numerous times. I can promise you, DEN fans will do the same at times watching the SEA defense. Both are the real deal. We are the two luckiest fan-bases in the league for now. Great site, and we will do this again in AZ next year. Have fun. Oh yeah, Hawks by 4.

Durango
02-02-2014, 04:37 AM
Seahawks haven't seen anything even remotely like the Bronco offense. They will make some plays, but Denver will make more. Denver 31 Seattle 21.

Templeofthedawg
02-02-2014, 04:42 AM
31 points would be impressive considering it's happened once in 2 years (Colts scored 34 this year). I doubt they score that much, but if they do against this defense, they deserve to be champs. Can't wait to see what happens.

Blueflame
02-02-2014, 04:47 AM
I have enjoyed reading all the posts on here the past couple weeks. Even the nonsense made me laugh sometimes. This is an insanely tough game to call for me. Every argument to be made for the Broncos offense (Seattle hasn't seen an offense like this before) can be made for Seattle's defense (Denver hasn't seen a defense like this before). The one thing I feel certain about is that it won't be a blowout. SEA has 3 losses by a combined 15 pts, DEN has 3 by a combined 16 pts. I think those two will be a wash. Peyton will have 260 yards passing, 1.5 TD's (maybe he drives em all the way to the 1 yd line, and Moreno runs it in, that's the .5 TD) and 1 pick. The SEA offense vs the DEN D will be the difference maker in my eyes. It feels like an instant classic will happen. As a Seahawks fan, the one area that helps me sleep is knowing they were 13-3 without Percy Harvin. Who knows what kind of impact he will have, but it could be huge. After all the analysis the past two weeks, it will probably come down to something like a punt return TD, or blocked FG, something no one could predict. I am sure I will shake my head in bewilderment at times while watching the DEN Offense, and probably scream "HOW DID HE MAKE THAT THROW, IT WASN'T EVEN A SPIRAL!!!" numerous times. I can promise you, DEN fans will do the same at times watching the SEA defense. Both are the real deal. We are the two luckiest fan-bases in the league for now. Great site, and we will do this again in AZ next year. Have fun. Oh yeah, Hawks by 4.

Untrue. The (then) 9-0 Kansas City Chiefs had (past tense intentional) the #1-ranked defense in the NFL going into the Week 11 game at Denver. Three weeks (and a second meeting with the Denver Broncos offense) later, they were no longer ranked #1. You may draw your own conclusions as to why.

Templeofthedawg
02-02-2014, 04:53 AM
I prefer to look at an 18 game sample size instead of a 9 game one, but point taken. Just remember this isn't KC's defense the Broncos will be facing.

Blueflame
02-02-2014, 05:02 AM
I prefer to look at an 18 game sample size instead of a 9 game one, but point taken. Just remember this isn't KC's defense the Broncos will be facing.

OK but in Week 11 (of a 17-week regular season), KC's defense ranked above Seattle's. Just know we've faced a "#1 ranked defense" before and your defense climbed up the "defensive rankings boards" as a direct result of our offense dominating KC's defense twice (it was almost embarrassing to watch PFM repeatedly target the unfortunate KC defender that he had identified as "the mismatch"). GTFO with the contention that we "haven't faced a #1 ranked defense before".

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-02-2014, 05:24 AM
31 points would be impressive considering it's happened once in 2 years (Colts scored 34 this year). I doubt they score that much, but if they do against this defense, they deserve to be champs. Can't wait to see what happens.

Yeah, that Colts offense is way better than the Broncos offense.

Er, wait.

Templeofthedawg
02-02-2014, 05:46 AM
I would be cautious about comparing the Seattle defense to the KC defense. I do love when fans pull one game in 2 years (Colts) to convince themselves. I'm not insane enough to think because the Chargers beat Denver, Seattle will have no problem. it is a difficult task giving another team credit, I understand completely. The good news is, it will all unfold in less than 12 hours, and no one can make any excuses. Have fun guys.

Blueflame
02-02-2014, 05:56 AM
I would be cautious about comparing the Seattle defense to the KC defense. I do love when fans pull one game in 2 years (Colts) to convince themselves. I'm not insane enough to think because the Chargers beat Denver, Seattle will have no problem. it is a difficult task giving another team credit, I understand completely. The good news is, it will all unfold in less than 12 hours, and no one can make any excuses. Have fun guys.

Oh, ffs. The Chefs would probably still have the #1 ranked defense in the league if they had not had to play the #1 ranked offense in the league twice. That's just logic, not homerism.

BroncoBeavis
02-02-2014, 06:39 AM
Wait, Cleveland also has Seacacks-are-my-cofavs trolls?

Does Armchair know this?

Bronco X
02-02-2014, 07:27 AM

You are right, you can't make one to one team comparisons between defenses. It's about matchups and strategy. Historically though, Manning has had difficulty with a specific kind of defense: a 3-4 defense with disguised and complicated schemes. That's not what Seattle does. Seattle believes they can beat anyone in the world by doing what they do straight up, and Manning and Adam Gase have been pouring over game film for two weeks of a style of defense Manning specifically has never had any trouble beating. I love that despite everything Manning has done this year so many talking heads and Seattle fans (and probably the Seattle team itself) is overlooking that. Seattle isn't going to change what they do and Manning knows exactly what's coming. Gase and Manning on the other hand are not afraid to change things up to exploit what they see on film. We'll see what happens.

Rohirrim
02-02-2014, 07:47 AM
The Seahawks have a good defense. Best in the league this year. But they're not in the same league as the '85 Bears, or the '78 Steelers or the Rams' Fearsome Foursome or any of the other legendary defenses of the past. The Broncos have, what many consider, the greatest offense in NFL history. You ain't seen nothin' like us. ;D

Templeofthedawg
02-02-2014, 05:47 PM
The Seahawks have a good defense. Best in the league this year. But they're not in the same league as the '85 Bears, or the '78 Steelers or the Rams' Fearsome Foursome or any of the other legendary defenses of the past. The Broncos have, what many consider, the greatest offense in NFL history. You ain't seen nothin' like us. ;D

Likewise.... !Booya!

theAPAOps5
02-02-2014, 06:05 PM
I know you are probably just here to troll but I will say it anyways. You have a great team. It's not over but regardless of what happens I am really impressed with your team.

Templeofthedawg
02-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Not trying to troll at all, I actually predicted a 4 point win. I had mad respect for the Denver offense. Thanks for the congratulations. Get healthy, and let's do it again in sunny Arizona next year. Keep the Pats and Niners at home again.