PDA

View Full Version : Some history on current uniforms

huh??
02-02-2014, 02:15 AM
I actually saw this article on the Denver Broncos forum. Pretty interesting about the work that went on for the final design, even if you don't like it and want the Orange Crush era look to return.

http://rickbakas.com/denver-broncos-logo-design-15-years-later

OBF1
02-02-2014, 08:30 AM
This is the most have have learned on something Bronco related in years.

"We came across a Native American legend of a “ghost horse” of the plains. The legend of this ghost horse was that it was so spirited it couldn’t be tamed or broken by man. The ghost horse eventually became the icon on the side of the helmet.

Its fiery orange eyes symbolize the windows to the soul and the fire in its belly. That’s where the color orange comes from."

Jason in LA
02-02-2014, 08:35 AM
I was pissed off when I first saw the new uniforms, and I still haven't bought any of the new stuff. I'd do a backflip if they went back to the old uniform. Thankfully it is still easy to by stuff with the old logo.

Archer81
02-02-2014, 08:48 AM
The hardest thing for me to get used to was the switch to "predominantly orange". I like navy blue, but not that much. Thrilled when they switched back to orange jerseys. It just feels right.

:Broncos:

Rohirrim
02-02-2014, 08:49 AM
On a sommelier site? Seems an odd juxtaposition. Of course, some of the old curmudgeons would say it's fitting.

BroncsCheer
02-02-2014, 08:52 AM
I was pissed off when I first saw the new uniforms, and I still haven't boughten any of the new stuff. I'd do a backflip if they went back to the old uniform. Thankfully it is still easy to by stuff with the old logo.

"Boughten"?

Are you from the Ozarks?

OBF1
02-02-2014, 10:41 AM
ebonics???

huh??
02-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Thankfully it is still easy to by stuff with the old logo.

Yeah, I actually like the previous logo more now than I used to. It's pretty cool how it's available on a lot of new items. Apparently, someone with the power also recognizes the demand.

ColoradoDarin
02-02-2014, 01:13 PM
http://www.bakasmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Finalizing.png

Would love something massaged from the top right pic next logo redesign.

Jason in LA
02-02-2014, 01:16 PM
"Boughten"?

Are you from the Ozarks?

I was typing fast and didn't bother proofreading the post. But thanks for pointing that out. :thumbsup:

Jason in LA
02-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I actually like the previous logo more now than I used to. It's pretty cool how it's available on a lot of new items. Apparently, someone with the power also recognizes the demand.

Yep, at first ebay was the only good source to buy stuff with old logo. But the NFL has come around to putting new stuff on the market with the old logo.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 01:32 PM
We stopped being everyone's Super Bowl bitch when we switched uniforms. I don't get why anyone would want to go back.

Jason in LA
02-02-2014, 01:43 PM
We stopped being everyone's Super Bowl b**** when we switched uniforms. I don't get why anyone would want to go back.

Some of us really like the old uniforms. I grew up on them and I still love them. If they would have stayed with them in 1997, they still would have still won the Super Bowl. It had nothing to do with the uniform switch. That was a great team.

I really hated the new uniforms when they came up. Hated the logo, hated the weird looking stripe on the side. Hated the switch to blue. I have gotten used to them, and like the article stated, it really helped that they won back to back Super Bowls right out of the gate with the new uniforms. But I still really like the old uniforms. Actually, I like all the older uniforms. I like the Pats old uniforms better than what they have been wearing. The Raiders and Chiefs still have great looking uniforms, so do the Packers, Bears, Colts, and all of the other teams that have stayed with their old uniforms. I don't really care for these new high tech looking uniforms. It kind of started when the Panthers and Jaguars came into the league, and then when the Broncos made the change we saw a major change in how uniforms are made from the pros all the way down to high school.

When the Jets changed back to the old uniforms, I thought it was just awesome. I just think that the old way of making uniforms is better than what these graphic artist are doing. Give me USC's uniform any day over Oregon's uniforms, and I hate USC.

Another example, I remember when the Detroit Pistons changed their uniforms, and it was just bad. They changed back and it's way better. The Celtics have never changed, and the Lakers only modified their uniforms, but it's pretty much the same. I just think that the craftsmanship from back in the day is better than what we've seen over the past 15 years.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 01:55 PM
I think we have best looking uniforms in the league honestly, but then again I'm not a fan of most old-fashioned uniforms (even though my formative years were spent watching the Broncos in the old orange and blue). If you ask me the Colts are the second worst looking team in the league behind the Nike abomination that is the Jaguars. So much white...

Jason in LA
02-02-2014, 02:00 PM
I've always like the Colts uniforms. In college football I really like Penn State, Nebraska, UCLA, Alabama. It's like old school vs. new school. I just don't like the new school uniforms. They're doing way too much. I just need some simple lines and stripes with a good color scheme and logo. I really don't need a graphic designer.

But that's just me. To each his own. But if the Broncos changed back I'd love it. Today I'm wearing my old TD jersey, the white one, with my Broncos cap that has the old logo on it. It's kind of breezy in LA today, so I may break out my old satin Starter jacket. The one with the old logo on the left chest and the two orange stripe.