PDA

View Full Version : Well gang... this has been a long time coming...

Taco John
02-01-2014, 11:00 PM
You know, I started this site in 2001, and of course, the hopes were always that the Superbowl was right around the corner. Several corners later here we are. I just want to say that whatever happens, it's been an awesome ride, and been great to have so many awesome people to share the journey with. I've always wanted to see how this place would respond to being in a Superbowl, and I have to say the last couple of weeks have been awesome to top off what's been a great season in general. Whatever happens, I'm glad to have friends here to experience the whole thing with. You guys are great and make being a Broncos fan even more fun that it would otherwise be.

GO BRONCOS!

Orange4Life
02-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Thanks TJ. The Mane is like home. You're the man. Go Broncos!

SoCalBronco
02-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Thanks for making this huge gathering of fanatics and friends possible, TJ.

It's been a wild ride. Tomorrow will be the most incredible day in the history of the Mane.

Kaylore
Thank you, Taco. This place has become a part my life. It's a cyber-home for me and you and others are like family. I think like family members do, we can be a bit more rude to each other, we sometimes fight, and not all of us get along. But this place is family to me.

Thank you. :) :haw!:

Wes Mantooth
you're the best Taco! Go Broncos!

TDU
02-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Hey Taco John! I remember you way back on the Denver Post forums. I can't quite believe I'm here in NY to see this and wish us all the best tonight.

Go Broncos!
Thunder Down Under

I can't sleep...!

ShutDownPoster
02-01-2014, 11:07 PM
Thanks Taco - and.... 'This one's for mock!!!!'

Orange4Life
02-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Hey Taco John! I remember you way back on the Denver Post forums. I can't quite believe I'm here in NY to see this and wish us all the best tonight.

Go Broncos!
Thunder Down Under

I can't sleep...!

TDU wins the all time lurker award! 2003 and six posts? Very impressive!

GreasyWrenches
02-01-2014, 11:10 PM
Thank you for creating a place for displaced fans like myself. It is my main place when looking for info, or just talking about the Broncos in general.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
02-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Thank You Taco! This is my home page morning noon and night!

TDU
02-01-2014, 11:12 PM
TDU wins the all time lurker award! 2003 and six posts? Very impressive!

Guess who needed a password reset...:~ohyah!:

SoCalBronco
02-01-2014, 11:14 PM

Yep.

"This one's for Mock"

http://ronkarr.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/superbowl_trophy_0204.jpg

http://d3trabu2dfbdfb.cloudfront.net/7/4/740705_300x300.jpeg

:bronxrox::lombardi::gobroncos

wolf754life
02-01-2014, 11:16 PM
lets go broncos, great time to be on the board!

Bob's your Information Minister
02-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Remember that it's not really a Broncos Super Bowl. Just a Peyton Manning Super Bowl. He just happens to be wearing puke orange.

Popps
02-01-2014, 11:23 PM
So many years of highs and lows, waiting for this chance to come again. Seems like forever.

Every play of this game is going to be etched into our memories for the rest of our lives.

Time to take down what's rightfully ours.

orange crusher
02-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Remember that it's not really a Broncos Super Bowl. Just a Peyton Manning Super Bowl. He just happens to be wearing puke orange.

Wth would you know about Super Bowls? Your team hasn't sniffed one in over 40 years!

Archer81
02-01-2014, 11:24 PM
It's sobering to realize that after tomorrow, the 2013 season is over. For the first time in 15 years, our team is playing in the big game. Even now, with two weeks to get used to it...the Broncos are in the Superbowl. Every year you always feel like the possibility exists that maybe, just maybe the team will do it. This is the road we traveled to get here:

Griese will step in for John. TD will come back from his knee injury and be better than ever. Dale Carter will be that all world corner we need. After all, the last Chiefs castoff we signed got us 2 titles. Olandis Gary and TD? Winning. Clinton Portis is the next TD. Maybe not. Mike Anderson? Reuben Droughns? Tatum Bell? Ron Dayne? Maybe Plummer will be the missing piece. Maybe we can knock off the Colts this year.

Maybe Cutler will be the missing piece. Marshall, Sheffler, Royal are the makings of an elite offense. 8-5...win ONE of the last 3 and we end this playoff drought. RIP DWill! Shanny is fired? McDaniels has the Patriot way. Maybe we need a fresh perspective! 6-0 start baby! Marshall gone? Cutler gone? Sheffler gone? For the love of God can we keep a defensive coordinator? DT will be a beast if he can learn to run routes. Tebow? Maybe he can be the "guy" and get this franchise moving. Wait...our HC cheated, lied about it and still lost the game? McDaniels got fired? Good.

We hired John Elway? Oh wow...I wonder if he can get things going. We hired John Fox? We drafted Von Miller? Why does he wear those glasses? Our offense is archaic...it might just work. Holy ****...we won the division with an 8-8 record. HOLY ****! We won a playoff game! Tebow might be the answer after all! Wait...Manning is a free agent? Maybe he will come here. His head will probably fall off though. Wow Manning looks rusty...wow Thomas and Decker are pretty good. Manning is pretty good. Von Miller is a BEAST. 13-3! Homefield!

**** you Baltimore.

We signed Welker? We lost Doom. No more VonDoom...Von is suspended? Maybe we can hold it together and go 3-3 while he's gone. Wow. Again, **** you Baltimore! 7 TD passes? More TD passes? 55 td passes? 13-3? 5 dudes with 10 touchdowns? Knowshon looks like a first round pick! Thomas, Thomas, Decker, Welker! ****. Lost to NE. ****. Lost to SD. Playoffs...HOMEFIELD AGAIN BABY! SD and NE? **** em. Welcome to playoff football baby.

Superbowl. We are going to win the superbowl.

Wow.

:Broncos:

stoxman
02-01-2014, 11:32 PM

I was going to post this as well. I like "This one's for Pat" too as well as Champ and Barrel-Man.

Aftermath
02-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the great site to lurk and GO BRONCOS!

Taco John
02-01-2014, 11:37 PM

Here you go:

<script height="367px" width="654px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=335ee8af53a04d778127e935cf28cc21&ec=BvZjZoazrCPDh-qmrUxjDfiuc017lhfQ"></script>

Peyton Manning is a Denver Bronco.

razorwire77
02-01-2014, 11:39 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lFYcXi5a1Lo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Los Broncos
02-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Thanks TJ, hope we win tomorrow!

theAPAOps5
02-01-2014, 11:50 PM
TJ, thanks for providing this community for us Bronco fans, and even envious fans from other teams, who wish they could be us.

It is funny how much this place is like a room in a home. A comfortable place where I go to relax, recharge, vent, share the ups and cope with the downs. It hasn't always been pretty, but it has always been a Broncos fan home. Thank you for everything, lets enjoy tomorrow, and GO Broncos.

BroncoFanDoug
02-02-2014, 12:12 AM
TJ, I know it takes a lot of work to run a board like this. And sometimes you wonder if it is worth the trouble when ppl give you sht as if you owe them something. Do problems crop up? Yea. And there is no board where they do not.

You have done an incredible job of creating and maintaining a home for die hard Bronco fans (and some trolls) for years. Thank you. You have done a great job of trying to balance an open discussion while trying to limit the absolute lunatics.

I cried after the Houston playoff loss (that was a reallllly long time ago). I could not talk for 2 days after the Dallas loss. God forbid I lived in the bay area for the SF loss. I went to the win in SD against GB and will always be a top 5 day ever for me. And I am soooo ready for another win!

TY Pat Bowlen. Ty John Elway. Ty Peyton Frikin Manning.

And ty Taco John for providing this place to talk Broncos!!!!

GO FRIKING BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mogulseeker
02-02-2014, 12:19 AM
Holy ****, that's right... 2001.

It's been a long ride. Hopefully the next one wont take so long.

Action
02-02-2014, 12:28 AM
Thank you TJ.

Go Broncos.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
02-02-2014, 12:42 AM
It's sobering to realize that after tomorrow, the 2013 season is over. For the first time in 15 years, our team is playing in the big game. Even now, with two weeks to get used to it...the Broncos are in the Superbowl. Every year you always feel like the possibility exists that maybe, just maybe the team will do it. This is the road we traveled to get here:

Griese will step in for John. TD will come back from his knee injury and be better than ever. Dale Carter will be that all world corner we need. After all, the last Chiefs castoff we signed got us 2 titles. Olandis Gary and TD? Winning. Clinton Portis is the next TD. Maybe not. Mike Anderson? Reuben Droughns? Tatum Bell? Ron Dayne? Maybe Plummer will be the missing piece. Maybe we can knock off the Colts this year.

Maybe Cutler will be the missing piece. Marshall, Sheffler, Royal are the makings of an elite offense. 8-5...win ONE of the last 3 and we end this playoff drought. RIP DWill! Shanny is fired? McDaniels has the Patriot way. Maybe we need a fresh perspective! 6-0 start baby! Marshall gone? Cutler gone? Sheffler gone? For the love of God can we keep a defensive coordinator? DT will be a beast if he can learn to run routes. Tebow? Maybe he can be the "guy" and get this franchise moving. Wait...our HC cheated, lied about it and still lost the game? McDaniels got fired? Good.

We hired John Elway? Oh wow...I wonder if he can get things going. We hired John Fox? We drafted Von Miller? Why does he wear those glasses? Our offense is archaic...it might just work. Holy ****...we won the division with an 8-8 record. HOLY ****! We won a playoff game! Tebow might be the answer after all! Wait...Manning is a free agent? Maybe he will come here. His head will probably fall off though. Wow Manning looks rusty...wow Thomas and Decker are pretty good. Manning is pretty good. Von Miller is a BEAST. 13-3! Homefield!

**** you Baltimore.

We signed Welker? We lost Doom. No more VonDoom...Von is suspended? Maybe we can hold it together and go 3-3 while he's gone. Wow. Again, **** you Baltimore! 7 TD passes? More TD passes? 55 td passes? 13-3? 5 dudes with 10 touchdowns? Knowshon looks like a first round pick! Thomas, Thomas, Decker, Welker! ****. Lost to NE. ****. Lost to SD. Playoffs...HOMEFIELD AGAIN BABY! SD and NE? **** em. Welcome to playoff football baby.

Wow.

WOW. Thank you for summerizing the last 15 years in 30 seconds. LOL

Action
02-02-2014, 12:48 AM
This will be the 1st, of a 3-peat.

maven
02-02-2014, 01:08 AM
Thanks. For us out of town peeps, it's an excellent place to catch Bronco news.

:lombardi::lombardi::lombardi:

Broncos_OTM
02-02-2014, 01:22 AM
He he he saidbig gameIt's sobering to realize that after tomorrow, the 2013 season is over. For the first time in 15 years, our team is playing in the big game. Even now, with two weeks to get used to it...the Broncos are in the Superbowl. Every year you always feel like the possibility exists that maybe, just maybe the team will do it. This is the road we traveled to get here:

**** you Baltimore.

Wow.

strafen
02-02-2014, 01:31 AM
Thank you, Taco. This place has become a part my life. It's a cyber-home for me and you and others are like family. I think like family members do, we can be a bit more rude to each other, we sometimes fight, and not all of us get along. But this place is family to me.

Thank you. :) :haw!:

We have noticed that kaylore...

theAPAOps5
02-02-2014, 01:47 AM
Holy ****, that's right... 2001.

It's been a long ride. Hopefully the next one wont take so long.

I predict 364 days from tomorrow.... errrr I mean today.

Chris
02-02-2014, 01:51 AM
I've lived I'm four countries since I first started lurking in the mane. This is one of the few constants for me and I love popping in (even if I no longer have the time to properly slag rev off and post clips from Freddy got fingered).

Cmac821
02-02-2014, 01:51 AM
This site has been solid, even through the rough waters the main posters have stayed. Thanks Taco and everyone for making this place a go to for Bronco new.

Can't wait to see this team take the field

TD4HOF
02-02-2014, 01:58 AM

**** you Baltimore.

Wow.

Awesome post! One of the best of the 2 weeks.

El Guapo
02-02-2014, 02:35 AM
Thanks for creating this forum to bring together us die-hards. Like anywhere, this place can get out of control, but I just appreciate the good things and go with it.

So excited about today. It'll be me, the wife and the Mane gathered to watch the SB. I can't do it any other way.

Let's go Broncos!!!!

El Guapo
02-02-2014, 02:40 AM

**** you Baltimore.

Wow.

Awesome job of Broncos Cliff notes! Thanks

El Guapo
02-02-2014, 02:43 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lFYcXi5a1Lo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm on my cell or I'd post it, but we also need the South Park video of the pastor leading the prayer of "let's goo... Let's go Broncos!!" And the video of Matt and trey explain how they have been referencing the broncos for years and after the Super Bowl victories they never received a thank you from the broncos. Haha

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-02-2014, 03:55 AM

You'd stick your 2 inch pud in the blender to be where we are.

Miss I.
02-02-2014, 04:08 AM
Thank you for the grand times sir. It has been quite a ride SO FAR. Looking forward to many more years of insanity here.

Ol#7
02-02-2014, 04:26 AM
I found this place looking for an outlet to vent about McD...

Thank TJ, I start my morning in the mane!

Can't wait for tonight, this has been a special year, 1 more to go!

backup qb
02-02-2014, 04:38 AM
Thanks TJ! Go Broncos!

TheReverend
02-02-2014, 05:03 AM
It's been a long time coming.

When I think of football milestones in my life, I think of growing up in the fun, amazement and frustration that were the Reeves- Elway years. I think of playing days from my first game at each level to times I kicked some ass to times I got my ass embarrassingly chewed up. I think of Shanahan and TD and Rod Smith. I think of Atwaters biggest hit on Okoye. I think of Atwaters best hit in the Super Bowl. I roll my eyes about Griese. I thank Jake for making football fun again. I lament what might have been with Cutler and Shanahan. I get livid over McDaniels. I smile fondly over the Tebow year. And I still can't believe we got Peyton Manning.

Despite all of these developments, one of the biggest football developments in my life and one I haven't forgotten was the day I found the Mane.

I definitely couldn't sleep last night. Go Broncos.

I've lived I'm four countries since I first started lurking in the mane. This is one of the few constants for me and I love popping in (even if I no longer have the time to properly slag rev off and post clips from Freddy got fingered).

Maybe in country #5 you'll find a life fulfilling enough where you don't think about me so often.

broncswin
02-02-2014, 05:20 AM
Dang you TJ, you got me all choked up with this thread!!! I really do appreciate all the hard work you have put into this smokin gun!! I didn't sleep for shiat last night. It's time for the big slug match and we are ready!! Let's bring those mother F-ers down!!!!!!!

GO BRONCOS!ˇ!ˇ

Ray Finkle
02-02-2014, 05:24 AM
Thank you TJ!

bowtown
02-02-2014, 05:58 AM
I remember finding this place and being terrified to post. There were so many amazing characters but it could be so vicious and brutal. It was like swimming with sharks sometimes. I kept coming back for the camp reports and wabbit's insider info and it blew me away how much more information I could get here than from any news outlet or any other board I had seen.

Slowly, over the years the characters here became like friends and I started actually posting and engaging. Now this place--as so many others have said--is like a second home. My wife still thinks I'm a loser for spending so much time here but I honestly can't remember what life was like before the Mane. Thank you TJ and everyone else... even that fat piece of ****, Bob. I'm honored to be getting to experience this season with all of you.

That said, for sanity's sake, I think I may stay out of the game day thread today.

TheReverend
02-02-2014, 05:59 AM
I remember finding this place and being terrified to post. There were so many amazing characters but it could be so vicious and brutal. It was like swimming with sharks sometimes. I kept coming back for the camp reports and wabbit's insider info and it blew me away how much more information I could get here than from any news outlet or any other board I had seen.

Slowly, over the years the characters here became like friends and I started actually posting and engaging. Now this place--as so many others have said--is like a second home. My wife still thinks I'm a loser for spending so much time here but I honestly can't remember what life was like before the Mane. Thank you TJ and everyone else... even that fat piece of ****, Bob. I'm honored to be getting to experience this season with all of you.

That said, for sanity's sake, I think I may stay out of the game day thread today.

I love you, bowtown

8==========D

winstoncup bronco
02-02-2014, 06:01 AM
Great job as always TJ.

This is the best Broncos board around......bar none. ;)

BroncoBeavis
02-02-2014, 06:04 AM
So that's why us Teboners had to be given such a tough time. It was like hazing? :)

Anyway, thanks for the site TJ. May it have at least as many more years as calls for coach firings and immediate player cuts in today's gameday thread. :)

bowtown
02-02-2014, 06:06 AM
I love you, bowtown

8==========D

Back at cha Rev.

^ ^
^
O <=====B

tesnyde
02-02-2014, 06:08 AM
Thanks TJ. Cheers.

Dukes
02-02-2014, 06:11 AM
Thanks for creating/maintaining the best Broncos site TJ. This have been the one site I've visited every day since I joined in 2004. Go Broncos!!!

SVine
02-02-2014, 06:20 AM
This is such an awesome sight. Thanks TJ. According to my join date, I am a newbie. But I am not a newbie. I have known about this site for at least 10 years. I originally created an account under the name sportsvine, but for some unknown reason, my account never got privileges to post. Then I had the name Vine, some of you probably recognize that name. But one day earlier this season, my password no longer worked and I was never able to reset my password and keep posting privileges. Now I am SVine. Had I been able to keep one screename since I first knew about this place, I would probably have 5,000 posts since the early 2000's. This place is awesome and Broncos fans are absolutely awesome. I used to frequent espn's Broncos board, but espn dissolved their boards in the last year, so this is the only Broncos fan site I know. I am sure there might be others, but I would be this is the best Broncos fan site there is! I have never, ever posted anything that would suggest my posting privileges taken away. Maybe I am opinionated, have strong feelings toward certain topics, but I NEVER call anyone names, or degrade another forum member. I hope to be able to use this site for as long as I know this site to exist in the future.

Go Broncos lets bring home a 3rd championship today!

TheReverend
02-02-2014, 06:23 AM
This is such an awesome sight. Thanks TJ. According to my join date, I am a newbie. But I am not a newbie. I have known about this site for at least 10 years. I originally created an account under the name sportsvine, but for some unknown reason, my account never got privileges to post. Then I had the name Vine, some of you probably recognize that name. But one day earlier this season, my password no longer worked and I was never able to reset my password and keep posting privileges. Now I am SVine. Had I been able to keep one screename since I first knew about this place, I would probably have 5,000 posts since the early 2000's. This place is awesome and Broncos fans are absolutely awesome. I used to frequent espn's Broncos board, but espn dissolved their boards in the last year, so this is the only Broncos fan site I know. I am sure there might be others, but I would be this is the best Broncos fan site there is! I have never, ever posted anything that would suggest my posting privileges taken away. Maybe I am opinionated, have strong feelings toward certain topics, but I NEVER call anyone names, or degrade another forum member. I hope to be able to use this site for as long as I know this site to exist in the future.

Go Broncos lets bring home a 3rd championship today!

Your username probably just got caught up in the mass purge.

FlaBroncosFan
02-02-2014, 06:34 AM
Thanks TJ! I don't post much but it is nice to have a place to be around other Broncos fans when I live so far away from the football motherland. Go Broncos!

Rohirrim
02-02-2014, 06:37 AM
Thanks to you, TJ, for bringing this together. As Gus McCrae once said, "My God, Woodrow. It has been quite a party, ain't it?"

GO BRONCOS!

Here's to Mock and Darrent Williams and Damien Nash and all the other Broncos and Broncos fans who are no longer with us. Let's win it for them.

And Al Wilson too. :alky:

Ratboy
02-02-2014, 06:43 AM
Great community on OM. There are some odd balls out there, but it makes it more entertaining.

Go Broncos!

spdirty
02-02-2014, 06:58 AM
Love this place. I'm so ready for this. Couldn't sleep for shlt last night and it's just the culmination of a great ride. I'm so excited. This will be a day I will remember for the rest of my life. Get to spend it with my dad and my extended family on this site in the gameday thread.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kfD8p6Qods8" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

After today, someone's gonna need to update this song.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kEtLNQUschA" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

Go Broncos!

cmhargrove
02-02-2014, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the place TJ, it is definitely a great hangout for addicts like myself. It's always a good break from the stresses of work, and a great place to find some intelligent (and absolutely pathologically insane) conversation about our team.

You know I've spent some time here when my wife sees me on the O-mane and asks, "how is your Broncos porn?"

Rulon Velvet Jones
02-02-2014, 07:07 AM
Even without Viagra, I will have an erection that will last more than 4 hours if Denver wins this evening. No need to see a doctor, either.

Drunk Monkey
02-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Thanks TJ. I never thought I would be the kind of person to have over 1000 post on a message board (drop in the bucket compared to most). I first found this place during the 05 draft. Like many the camp reports finally made me join. It used to be a little intimidating to post. Now I just prepare my anus and jump in. I for one love how loosely monitored this site is. You always have your over the top d bags but they are a small price to pay to be able to have some of the more outrageous conversations and view points that come out of this place. Thanks again TJ and all the corner stone posters that make this place what it is.

Smiling Assassin27
02-02-2014, 07:13 AM
one more thing: **** you tom brady.

BroncoDoug
02-02-2014, 07:38 AM
I'm on my cell or I'd post it, but we also need the South Park video of the pastor leading the prayer of "let's goo... Let's go Broncos!!" And the video of Matt and trey explain how they have been referencing the broncos for years and after the Super Bowl victories they never received a thank you from the broncos. Haha

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ugip_8BNfkA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rohirrim
02-02-2014, 07:43 AM
And for good luck...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=242&dateline=1272959264

Natedogg
02-02-2014, 07:48 AM
THIS ONE'S FOR MOCK.

Vegas_Bronco
02-02-2014, 07:51 AM
I will be following OMane drama on the ipad...you all make sure to take your heart medication well before the game.

TJ - thank you for keeping this up and going all these years...hopefully there are many more to come!

If you are ever 'short staffed', let me know as I'm at least 6-2 and can make up for any shorty's.

Archer81
02-02-2014, 07:52 AM
I have had this song in my head for the last few days.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2X_2IdybTV0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

McDman
02-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Thanks, TJ. I don't post as much as a lot of the people around here but this site has always been a bright spot. There has been so many hours spent reading hilarious, random, and infuriating posts. It has taught me so many things as well. Ghostbusters is evil, TsiGuy dated a whale, Mock had to get on his knees to beg his son to stop smoking cigs, etc...

It's been fantastic.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 07:59 AM
I spend way too much time here:). Lets get it done today!

DeuceOfClub
02-02-2014, 08:08 AM
Thanks TJ and all you guys.
Although the I hardly ever post anymore, I don't think I missed a day "checking in" in many years

gadlaw
02-02-2014, 08:23 AM
I remember looking for a good Bronco forum way back in the day and found The Orange Mane. It's been the best place for all things Broncos and I'm glad I never lost my login and password. :) Thanks for all your hard work sir.

waz06
02-02-2014, 08:39 AM
Thanks TJ for providing a haven for broncomaniacs to get their fix. I have to admit that I had always hated Manning for what he did to us at the turn of the century. I thought signing him was a bad move and that we should have rolled the dice with Tebow. We would have been lucky if Manning even last two whole games without getting hurt. Well I am glad he proved me wrong. I will eat that crow with some sriracha sauce please. We are really blessed to have him wear blue and orange. Go Broncos!!!!

Broncomutt
02-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Hard to believe I've been coming here for Broncos news for almost 10 years. Seems like just yesterday people were trying to convince me how awesome Lelie is.

Just can't quit this place. Go Broncos!

milehighJC
02-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Thanks for making this place possible. While I dont post a lot, I do lurk a lot, and for a long time now I guess... Since 2006.

While there are sometimes a lot of trolls and cat fights to wade through, it has always been worth it... some great observations, and solid analysis. Personally, I have learned a lot about the game in the last 8 years, and Im not exactly 22 (although I claim to be that all the time).

Thanks to TJ, and to all that take the time to share so much of their time to make this community a success.

That is all...

Now, can we PLEASE fast forward time to 4:30 this afternoon!!!

Dedhed
02-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Cheers TJ, I've been around the OM since the beginning, and it's been a fun and (always) interesting ride.

rmsanger
02-02-2014, 09:00 AM
win, thread is full of it! I will dance, cry, and yell when we win tonight.

cabronco
02-02-2014, 09:15 AM
This site is where I get my daily fix of Orange meds. From solid posters talking draft info., to great training camp reports, to preseason mode, then full season. If we're fortunate enough, post season, and even the Super Bowl like today ! Thanks TJ

Johnykbr
02-02-2014, 09:21 AM
Great thread. I'm constantly lurking on this site now. While I'm not one of the OG crew, I still feel welcome.

With that said, OM will definitely be flagged when the state of North Carolina conducts a performance audit.

Racer
02-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Its very rare I post. I don't normally have a lot to add to the conversation I feel, but I love the Mane. I nearly lost a job over the Orangemane. We had a no logging into website rule and it was the off season and I wasn't going to miss Kahn's Camp reports. Thankfully my boss was also reading the Mane so I got away with a warning. I'm thankful for this site.

Go Broncos.

orange skier
02-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Rarely a day has gone by in the last six years, that I don't check in on what's being said on the Mane. Taco: you're an American hero. You deserve to be President. If it wasn't for the Mane, we would still have McDaniels running the organization, I'm convinced. This Bowl is for us, and you're our leader. Time to ride, Taco, time to ride.

broncosteven
02-02-2014, 10:57 AM

Hey Bob!

You have to be happy! I heard Alice Smith won the Pro-bowl. I didn't see it, forgot it was on and even if I knew it was on I probably would have watched Ax Men to clean up my DVR anyway.

Pretty sweet ride. I know if we lose today the kFc trolls will be back out from under their rocks to laugh and point fingers but they haven't even been to a SB in so long they don't know what it feels like to even be in the game and have the whole world focused on your team for 2 weeks.

I can see how you could equate losing the AFC Championship with losing a SB but your wrong, it is a totally different level to be in a SB vs just being in a conference championship game.

I think Denver wins big today, going with my 44-23 score on a relatively warm day.

The past 2 weeks have been so refreshing and having your team in the SB really recharges you as a fan, it is rewarding to watch a team you invest so much time in to get to the pinnacle.

Hope you get the chance to feel what we Bronco fans have felt the last 2 weeks only I hope it is after I am dead and the Broncos have won like 10 SB's 1st.

GO BRONCOS!

Houshyamama
02-02-2014, 10:58 AM
I STILL can't believe Peyton Manning is a Denver Bronco.

And the Broncos are playing in the Super Bowl.

I turned my girlfriend into a Broncos fan in 2009 (she's French, didn't know a damn thing about football) when we were the definition of mediocrity. 2010 was a bad, bad year. I told her to stick with us, we're the Broncos, we'll be back. Lately I've been telling her to cherish this season. Remember every second of it, because Peyton isn't going to be around forever, and Super Bowl seasons don't come around very often (ask the Lions). I mean to burn into my memory every second of this season. It's one for the ages, no matter what happens today.

GO BRONCOS

24champ
02-02-2014, 11:15 AM
Its very rare I post. I don't normally have a lot to add to the conversation I feel, but I love the Mane. I nearly lost a job over the Orangemane. We had a no logging into website rule and it was the off season and I wasn't going to miss Kahn's Camp reports. Thankfully my boss was also reading the Mane so I got away with a warning. I'm thankful for this site.

Go Broncos.

So many other workplaces production have gnome down due to this site.

Been a crazy ride, thanks to all the posters that have contributed here over the years!

Broncojef
02-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Thanks TJ, you run a great board....go Broncos!!!

Hulamau
02-02-2014, 11:27 AM
You know, I started this site in 2001, and of course, the hopes were always that the Superbowl was right around the corner. Several corners later here we are. I just want to say that whatever happens, it's been an awesome ride, and been great to have so many awesome people to share the journey with. I've always wanted to see how this place would respond to being in a Superbowl, and I have to say the last couple of weeks have been awesome to top off what's been a great season in general. Whatever happens, I'm glad to have friends here to experience the whole thing with. You guys are great and make being a Broncos fan even more fun that it would otherwise be.

GO BRONCOS!

Mahalo nui to you as well Taco for your tireless efforts to keep this place up and open for us all and the best place for honest and open discussion about our team.

It is pretty amazing our Broncos have made it back to the big show, hopefully to win it all today for number three and the first in a LONG time!

Nothing could be finer or more deserved for Peyton and Champ, the Hawks are a great team and deserving as well, but they are very young and could use a little seasoning with a loss here as well to really appreciate it all the more when they do make it back and win one ... us long time Bronco fans know that drill all too well.

The fact that we made it here alone is beyond what I thought was possible with at the huge rash of key starters we have lost for the season this year (12 players and 9 starters total - 2 starters on the offensive line and 7 overall defensive starters. when you add in Quentin Carter who started at strong safety last he was able to play and no doubt would be much better now as well had he been able to play and develop further). And so many really essential starters as well being lost.

The Hawks enter this game with every advantage in that they have lost only one starter in Sidney Rice and get Percy Harvin back just in time for this game.

When we lost Von and Chris Harris out seemed a long shot that we could win the AFC championship, but this team has really bucked the odds and continued to play better inspire of the loses.

I only hope that magic can continue one more game today and that Manning and the offensive are ready to dominate with their very best game ever in a few hours.

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate for the most part with very little wind and decent temperature. Still Seattle is a serious opponent with a very cohesive defense and opportunistic offense, it will take a full 60 minutes + of focused play to pull it off and I feel very good about our guys doing just that!

Even if we lose though, I too am very proud of this team for all that the have accomplished against such challenges this season has posed.

GO BRONCOS!! Bring it home!!!

broncs2bowl
02-02-2014, 11:42 AM
I've been here for about 8 years now and there hasn't been a day I havnt been on the Mane since. It's my web home. I am more of a lurker than a poster but this place is home for me.

Here's to the Broncos winning tonight I'll be in NYC for the night if they win.

Hulamau
02-02-2014, 11:47 AM
Hey Bob!

You have to be happy! I heard Alice Smith won the Pro-bowl. I didn't see it, forgot it was on and even if I knew it was on I probably would have watched Ax Men to clean up my DVR anyway.

Pretty sweet ride. I know if we lose today the kFc trolls will be back out from under their rocks to laugh and point fingers but they haven't even been to a SB in so long they don't know what it feels like to even be in the game and have the whole world focused on your team for 2 weeks.

I can see how you could equate losing the AFC Championship with losing a SB but your wrong, it is a totally different level to be in a SB vs just being in a conference championship game.

I think Denver wins big today, going with my 44-23 score on a relatively warm day.

The past 2 weeks have been so refreshing and having your team in the SB really recharges you as a fan, it is rewarding to watch a team you invest so much time in to get to the pinnacle.

Hope you get the chance to feel what we Bronco fans have felt the last 2 weeks only I hope it is after I am dead and the Broncos have won like 10 SB's 1st.

GO BRONCOS!

AMEN to all of that Broncosteven including the 44-23 final score ... sounds about right to me!

oubronco
02-02-2014, 11:51 AM
Awesome site and Awesome friends thanks for all you do Taco!!!

Popcorn Sutton
02-02-2014, 11:51 AM
Thanks for all the time and effort to give the site TJ! All the server upgrades, migrations etc. This site is a part of my morning cup of coffee, my lunch break and several other stops per day.

Go Broncos!! Let's get this one!

Man-Goblin
02-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Thanks for a great place to hang out with great Broncos fans. This place is the closest I can get to home during the season. Go Broncos!!

Rohirrim
02-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Wish all the old time posters would drop in and leave a line, just for old times sake.

GreatBronco16
02-02-2014, 12:07 PM
All I can say is thank you for this place TJ. I know I ruffle you and the mods feathers from time to time, but I will always respect you guys.

This is our time.

GO BRONCOS!!!!

bowtown
02-02-2014, 12:20 PM
I'm totally freaking out here, you guys. This game needs to get started.

TD4HOF
02-02-2014, 12:22 PM
On my way to a buddy’s. So anxious.

bronco militia
02-02-2014, 12:23 PM
win or lose, thanks TJ

TheReverend
02-02-2014, 12:30 PM
I spend way too much time here:). Lets get it done today!

Ha! Imagine my personal shame.

ludo21
02-02-2014, 12:32 PM
wooohooooo GOOO BRONCOSSSSS!!!

Thanks for the great site, 15 + posts later!!bwahah love it, thanks TJ

Finger Roll
02-02-2014, 12:39 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ugip_8BNfkA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lol, that was a great parody of the Clapper commercial in the 80s.

bombay
02-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Going to the same party I attended last Broncos superbowl. My daughter was 3 then, she's 18 now - this doesn't happen all the time. This is special.

Go Broncos

shakenbake
02-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Don't post much but still check in on a regular basis. This site has been my Oasis for Broncos news since moving to China! Thanks for the best Broncos board around T.J.

Popcorn Sutton
02-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Don't post much but still check in on a regular basis. This site has been my Oasis for Broncos news since moving to China! Thanks for the best Broncos board around T.J.

Shanghai.... cool!

:bronxrox:

Powderaddict
02-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Go Broncos!!!!!!

stopgap
02-02-2014, 01:36 PM
It's just a game. Geez.

Meck77
02-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Been a long time coming for OrangeMane community. I'm rolling with it. This one's for Mock! Props TJ for keeping this baby running!

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Wish all the old time posters would drop in and leave a line, just for old times sake.

Looks like some of them are. As I see a lot of older profiles that I've never seen in my short time here(jan 2012)

stopgap
02-02-2014, 01:58 PM
Been a long time coming for OrangeMane community. I'm rolling with it. This one's for Mock! Props TJ for keeping this baby running!

I was on an AOL forum when the Broncs won their first one. They meant well but it was quite tame.

BleedingOrange
02-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Great site and always enjoy the discussion

CEH
02-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Sometimes fun, sometimes a car wreck you just have to look

Overall a great place

Go Broncos

stopgap
02-02-2014, 02:50 PM
Sometimes fun, sometimes a car wreck you just have to look

Overall a great place

Go Broncos

Miss I is the mane attraction IMO. I never knew a female could actually be funny.

TD30
02-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Lets do this

AtlantaBronco
02-02-2014, 03:17 PM
OMAHA!

stopgap
02-02-2014, 03:19 PM
They are hitting the field!

milehighJC
02-02-2014, 08:10 PM
TJ, repeating my prior comments, thanks for this community. Tonight was as tough of a game to watch I as I have experienced in my (relatively short) 21 years as a Broncos fan. That doesn't affect my opinion of this place... although given the impending swell of miserable trolls, and Broncos maner meltdowns that are coming in the coming days and weeks, I will be checking out.

I see no need to torture myself with the misery that is coming, I'm already miserable enough.

Having said that, Ill be back... looking for insightful comments after the meltdown has passed, and the trolls have become bored with torturing this community.

My business email includes my favorite Einstein quote - Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Change is good... and change is needed now. It is coming... but its not the "burn the house down" attitude that is already emerging (IMHO).

Cheers... keep my account alive, Ill be back...

ATL-Eric
02-02-2014, 08:19 PM

GO BRONCOS!

Does the mane pay the bills?