PDA

View Full Version : GameDay Team schedule

SVine
02-01-2014, 10:16 PM
This seems like a fun mental exercise. Pretend you are the coach of the Broncos and gets to decide all the team schedules for the Super Bowl on gameday starting with some activities the previous night.

6pm Dinner. To be held in team's hotel conference room with a healthy mix of appetizers, main dishes, and delicacies catered into the hotel.

7:15 Film study and gameplanning with position coaches and/or coordinators.

9:00 hotel room and curfew. Everyone needs to be accounted for, and no one outside the premises. Coaching staff will meet for about 1-2 hours for last minute gameplanning. Coaches in bed between 11 and midnight.

10:00 lights out.

6:30 Wake up.

7:30 Team Breakfast in hotel conference room.

8:30 Players on own, while coaching staff has gameday meetings. Stretching and mental preparation encouraged.

10:30 Stretching walk through with trainers and head coach at Jets facility.

11:30 Team lunch at conference room in hotel.

1:00 Meeting with position coaches, coordinators, head coach for strategy.

1:45 One last walkthrough at Jets facility

3:00 Team arrives at MetLife

3:30 Players begin pregame preparations. Stretching, mental preparation, last minute meeting with coaches all leading up til the Broncos start taking the field for pregame prep. Team schedules around pregame entertainment that is taking place on field that goes anwhere from 4:30 until 6:00

5:45 or as available according to pregame entertainment- players begin taking field for last minute stretching and pregame drills.

6:20ish National Anthem and God Bless America and starters announced

6:30 Kickoff Baby!

HAT
02-01-2014, 10:21 PM
10pm....

Profit?

brncs_fan
02-01-2014, 10:27 PM
They eat lunch at 11:30 and then nothing until after the game is over?

SVine
02-01-2014, 10:28 PM
10pm....

Profit?

Huh? 8 hours of sleep on the most important night for many players careers ever would be a requirement if I were coach. I can't imagine sleeping in would be allowed the next morning, so lights out at 10 would be strongly encouraged, if not, enforced.

SVine
02-01-2014, 10:30 PM
They eat lunch at 11:30 and then nothing until after the game is over?

I thought about that. Teams will probably have some sort of a early evening dinner at Metlife, around 4:30 or so. I forgot to include this while editing the message.

Sly_Eli
02-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Peyton Manning said that he's hoping to sleep in to make the day shorter, so I assume they don't have any morning responsibilities. Also there is probably not too much film watching going on at this point, except perhaps some small refreshers...at this point they've already learned all they're gonna learn about the other team's tendencies.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Man I hope the caterers aren't the Tyler Durden types.

SVine
02-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Peyton Manning said that he's hoping to sleep in to make the day shorter, so I assume they don't have any morning responsibilities. Also there is probably not too much film watching going on at this point, except perhaps some small refreshers...at this point they've already learned all they're gonna learn about the other team's tendencies.

Interesting. I am always curious on what is required by the team and what freedom players are given with such a late start (especially in east coast Super Bowls) as for schedules, meetings, etc. Always fun to imagine. It'd be cool if the team released a schedule of what they do to the public, unless they found that doing so would give some sort of an advantage to the opposition.

BroncoLifer
02-01-2014, 11:50 PM
Waking up at 6:30 for a night game? Seems to me that getting more sleep is more important than "mental preparation" a full 8-10 hours before kickoff.

Sly_Eli
02-02-2014, 12:09 AM
Interesting. I am always curious on what is required by the team and what freedom players are given with such a late start (especially in east coast Super Bowls) as for schedules, meetings, etc. Always fun to imagine. It'd be cool if the team released a schedule of what they do to the public, unless they found that doing so would give some sort of an advantage to the opposition.

I played college football at a smaller D-1 school so I have a decent understanding of what college programs do, which is probably similar to what NFL teams do.

We would have a mandatory team lunch for late games, then get on the bus to the stadium and just hang out in the locker room and meeting rooms for awhile. There's a long time for seeing the trainers for getting taped/braces and getting dressed but it's a lot of dead time until about an hour or so before the game when they go out for warmups. Then back into the locker room for a quick chalk talk with the o and d-coordinators then out onto the field for pre-game walkthroughs and warm ups. At around 6 or so they'll head back into the tunnel for the introductions and coin toss baloney which will take about 30 minutes.