PDA

View Full Version : What were your feelings going into each Broncos Super Bowl?

Jason in LA
01-31-2014, 10:36 PM
I was just thinking about how I felt about the Broncos chances going into each Super Bowl that they played in. I'm curious to know how everybody else felt. Mine are below.

Super Bowl 12- I was born in 1976, and I hadn't become a Broncos fan yet. ;D

Super Bowl 21- I still wasn't a fan.

Super Bowl 22- I became a fan that season, when I was 11 years old. My father had season tickets to the Raiders, and he took me to a game. I just wasn't feeling the whole Raiders thing, so I told my pops that I was rooting for that other team, which happened to be the Broncos. The Broncos won, and it was the greatest thing to happen to me as a sports fan! I got a Broncos starter jacket a couple weeks later (the blue one with the logo on the left chest and the two orange stripes on the sleeve), and I wore that jacket damn near everyday until I grew out of it. It's still hanging in my closet.

Well heading into the Super Bowl I was super excited. I mean, I had only been a fan for like two months and it was already paying off with a trip to the Super Bowl! That decision at the LA Coliseum was looking like a great one. I remember hearing about how the Broncos were the favorites, so I couldn't wait for the game. Then the game started and Elway threw a bomb on the first offensive play of the game. Touchdown! It was awesome. Then they go up by 10 points. Yeah, this is the best thing ever! Yeah…then the second quarter. WFT?!?! It was going so great, and it all came crashing down. Yeah, that sucked.

Super Bowl 24- Well, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who convinced myself that the Broncos would win that game. I mean, #1 defense in the league, and Bobby Humphrey was the running back that Elway always needed. The Broncos had a great season. They finished 11-5, but they were 10-2 and wrapped up the #1 seed really early, so they just took their foot off the gas.

I was telling myself that they could beat the 49ers, mainly because I'm a fan, but I really knew that it wasn't going to happen. I mean, that 49ers team was loaded. It was no shock that they ran the Broncos out of the building.

Super Bowl 32- This was an interesting one. I felt confident and scared at the same time. I wasn't confident just because I'm a Broncos fan, I really believed that the Broncos could win that game. They had a loaded team. But with the AFC losing 13 in a row, the Broncos hitting that late season slump which allowed the Chiefs to win the division, and with only one wild card team ever winning the Super Bowl, nobody gave them a chance. But after watching that team for two years, it was clear that they were a real power. But I was kind of scared because another Super Bowl loss would have mean the 5th one, and Elway would have been tainted again.

Then the Packers marched down the field on the opening drive. It was like dammit, here we go again. But the Broncos answered, and scored 17 points in a row. We were winning! It felt real. And then TD just killed the Packers in the 2nd half. It was just awesome! Best feeling ever! (Only sports feeling that has topped that was my son single handedly beating a rival on the final drive of the game this past high school football season. Like, 4th and 10 from their own 20 with 30 seconds to play and the QB was wildly inaccurate, my son catches a 40-yard bomb to save the drive, then three plays later he catches the game winner in the back of the end zone. Yeah, it was nuts)

Super Bowl 33- That was also interesting, because it was kind of an annoying two weeks. I pretty much knew that game was in the bag. But it was annoying to hear the Falcon fans convince themselves that their team would just stop TD, and that Jamal Anderson would run all over the Broncos. Of course neither came close to happen, and we haven't heard anything about any dirty birds since. It was also annoying to hear people say how lucky the Broncos were that the Vikings didn't make it. That was some BS. The Broncos were a loaded team. The Vikings were a team that caught people's attention because of their offense, but they certainly weren't loaded team. The Broncos flirted with an undefeated season. The Falcons shut down the Vikings offense for the final three quarters and overtime of the NFC Championship game, so how where they going to contend with the Broncos?

Super Bowl 48- I feel really good about this game, but it won't be an upset either way. I really believe that the Broncos are the better team, but not by much. And since it is only one game and not a series, anything can happen. It is kind of a different feeling though, because those Super Bowl runs in the late 90s, the Broncos had never done anything like that. That was really special. It's hard to come close to that. This one is more about building a legacy. Not just for Manning, but for the organization. Winning a third Super Bowl puts them in a higher class. If they get a win, and hopefully one more with Manning, they would be on that top tier of NFL franchises. The Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys, Giants, and Packers are the only teams with four or more Super Bowl wins. It's time to climb that ladder!

broncocalijohn
01-31-2014, 10:39 PM
Long post but I think it is time for the game to get here. We are running out of topics to start.

Jason in LA
01-31-2014, 10:43 PM
Long post but I think it is time for the game to get here. We are running out of topics to start.

Well, Tom Leykis is back on the air. His shows are online now. ;D

Cito Pelon
01-31-2014, 10:44 PM
I have to admit I was kind of Richard Shermaning for '97. I was yapping quite a bit about TD and the running game . . . . .

BroncoFanDoug
01-31-2014, 11:16 PM
Super Bowl 12- Orange Crush, Morton to Moses, watched with best friend and girl friend in Vail. Was sure we would win. Broke up with girl friend after game - she just did not understand my angst.

Super Bowl 21- Still hesitant after 9 years. Hopeful.

Super Bowl 22- Nervous. 0-2. Hard to be confident.

Super Bowl 24- Very nervous. Looked like 9rs were better team and I lived in the middle of 9r nation. Was hard week for me after.

Super Bowl 32- I was there!!!!!! No way not to be nervous after 4 losses. Did not want to surpass Bills as most SB losses without a win. After the first GB drive I looked over to my cousin (we were watching together) and said - "I am just not sure I can take another SB loss emotionally". One of the greatest days of my life.

Super Bowl 33- Not worried at all. Monkey was on our back and Atlanta was not a great team.

Super Bowl 48- Seattle is a good team and not as good as the Broncos imho. Like you I am nervous and wildly excited. Turnovers, injuries, weird penalties could alter this game because both teams are good. However, you get the good with the bad. I believe the more you suffer through the losses the more you can enjoy the highs. I will sleep fine tonight but not so sure about tomorrow night!

Kaylore
01-31-2014, 11:22 PM
Sb 12: I wasn't alive. My Dad said the team seemed distracted and just happy to be there. He said them going to the SB killed their edge because to that point in the playoffs everyone said they weren't for real. When they beat the Raiders apparently they seemed like they had "made their point" and then just showed up at the game flat. He also said Morton was basically a broken man and had no shot.

SB 21: I was six year old. I barely remember much about the season, but the Drive had just happened. My parents were Bronco fans, but that's when Orange fever took over for me. I thought we could win until I saw the half time show. My Dad was teaching me about football that year and explained earlier in the season that either you play at home or in the opponent's stadium. No one mentioned to me the SB was on a neutral site. I saw Mickey Mouse come out during the half time and truly believed Mickey wanted the Giants to win and that his support directly let the Giants destroying us that third quarter. I remember being depressed we lost and that "everyone" liked the Giants. I did not like Mickey for several years because of this, no joke.

SB 22: I thought we could win this one two. It started out amazing. I remember jumping out of my chair with my Mom that opening TD. Then Doug Williams went off. I was depressed, and again wondered why we played so poorly in the Super Bowl. It was especially odd because we never had really bad games. We were in every game, but for some reason everyone played poorly in the SB.

SB 24: I'm ten years old at this point, and figured out that Mickey Mouse isn't a NY Giants fan. Joe Montana had already established himself and my neighbor friend I played with was a complete bandwagoning homer. I had hoped Joe winning some already he would be less focused on winning this. So my friend liked Joe Montana and told me we were going to lose badly because the Broncos suck in Super Bowls. I kind of believed him deep down, and just wanted us to keep it close. He was so right. I decided that we had some kind of problem as a team and felt like it was Dan Reeves' fault.

SB 32: I'm a senior in High School. I had a crap ton of apprehension going into this game. The line was so huge against us. I remember very vividly several things. Beating KC was huge. And then before the Steelers game Adam Sandler did a music video about kickers with Jerome Bettis. I remember being pissed Pitt was the popular team and thrilled when we won. Leading into the SB some network did a pregame segment with Collinsworth, Jerry Glanville and Barry Switzer. It was totally scripted. Collinsworth and Glanville are going back and forth about the game. It was supposed to be like they were debating but you could tell they were reading lines. Anyway every point Glanville, who was adopting the "pro-Broncos" stance made, Collinsworth shot everything down and they made it seem like the Packers were better in every way. I was so pissed about that. Winning was insane. But we led most of that game and by the fourth quarter, you had a feeling things were finally different.

SB 33: Anti-climatic. We were supposed to face the Vikings in an epic duel. I wasn't even worried about the game AT ALL. I was sad for Sharpe getting hurt, but glad for Rod Smith and for Elway being named MVP. It was a nice capstone on his career, especially since to that point his haters were still saying "he still plays bad in Super Bowls."

SB 48: I am nervous. Which is good. Usually when I'm nervous we play really really well. I still get fears of their secondary mugging and holding all game and then Percy Harvin running wild against us. It'll probably be a close game. And I actually share the opinion with Jason that if we lose, I wouldn't be devastated. It's been such a fun year that I'm grateful to be a Bronco fan.

gunns
01-31-2014, 11:31 PM
SB 12 - was so excited just to be in the SB. Had no faith in Morton or Weese.

SB 21 - thought we would win, again so excited to be there. Really broke my heart when the realization hit it wasn't going to happen.

SB 22 - thought couldn't lose again, neither did media. Elway to Nattiel, yes we're going to win! Major shock hit during the second quarter. Devastated.

SB 24 - Same as the first post. Wanted to believe we were going to win, but deep down knew. Was asleep by halftime.

SB 32 - I was there. Knew we were going to win, same feeling I have this year. But as a Bronco fan after 4 losses the nerves were still there. Only 2 times did those nerves overtake the confidence. When TD fumbled the ball and when Elway threw the INT. I thought the mojo might change, had Packer fans in my ears whole game. Such an amazing feeling when Mobley knocked the ball down but literally took me a second to accept it as reality. I cried.

SB 33 - Knew we'd go again, didn't worry at all.

SB 48 - Same feeling as 32 but the butterflies are starting to flutter.

Old Dude
02-01-2014, 04:55 AM
SB 12 – [I was a senior in college and had been a Broncos fan for about ten years, getting more fanatic every year] Going in, I thought it was about a 50/50 proposition. Denver had played at Dallas on the last week of the regular season and had lost by a single score, but both teams had rested a lot of their starters in that contest. I thought that the neutral site would help even things up. And I was convinced that Denver had the better defense. What I didn’t know was how ravaged Tom Glassic had become in late December with a staff infection, and that the guys lined up against him would dominate the game and get joint MVPs handed to them on a silver platter. To this day, I can’t believe Miller started him. People blame Morton (who was also hurting), but he never had a chance. Seven turnovers in the first half. If our D hadn’t played its heart out, the Broncos would have lost by at least four TDs.

SB 21 – Had some personal complications going on in my life that made the whole thing a pretty low priority. Still, I remember thinking that it should be a close game, and was really bummed when it turned into a blowout. Never saw Simms, a mediocre QB, play that well before or after. That’s when I started thinking we might be cursed.

SB 22 – I was cautiously optimistic. But it was a strike-shortened season (one game) and three others had been played with scrubs, so the whole thing felt slightly cheapened. I was really upset when we lost all-pro safety Mike Harden in the AFCCG, but I thought our offense could make up the difference. I was high as a kite when Denver went up 10-0, especially because it was very rare for anyone to lose after establishing a 10-point lead, but then our LT broke his leg and Elway spent the rest of the day running for his life. I didn’t expect much out of Tony Lilly as Harden’s replacement, but he was torched in every way a human being could be torched. Over and over and over. With the 35-point explosion in the 2d quarter, the sportsbar where I was watching the game was empty at halftime. Just me, the owner, a waitress and a bunch of deflated balloons. It was one of the most dismal downers imaginable, and that’s when I knew we were cursed.

SB 24 – I fully expected Denver to lose, and I rather dreaded the fact we were headed back to the SB because I just didn’t think the team had a chance. The best we could hope for was to avoid another blowout – and, of course, it was the biggest super bowl blowout of all time.

SB 32 – Denver was a double-digit underdog, and many people were griping that the Broncos should not be allowed to play in a SB, but I’d seen enough of both teams to know we had a legitimate shot. Still, having a legitimate shot isn’t the same as expecting a win, so I was thrilled with the upset.

SB 33 – Fully expected Denver to win. Never really had a doubt. Missed almost the entire game because my kid had hockey practice – a sacrifice that I remind him about on a weekly basis, especially since he's now a hardcore Bronco fan.

SB 48 – Cautiously optimistic. No real butterflies. I expect Denver to win a close game, but I’m hoping, of course, that the Broncos can blow them out of the stadium. On the other hand, I no longer feel it will be the end of the world if they lose.

Broncomutt
02-01-2014, 05:06 AM
12 - just turned 4

21 - hope turns to anger

22 - hope turns to humiliation

24 - hope turns suicidal

32 - doubt turns to disbelief

33 - confidence turns to swagger

48 - I hope

Meck77
02-01-2014, 05:17 AM
Wasn't old enough to remember 77. After suffering through 21-24 I've learned not to set any expectations on the SB.

It's personally served me well.

2KBack
02-01-2014, 05:22 AM
SB22: My first introduction to the Broncos. I was 8 and living in Denver, my parents took me along to a superbowl party. There was so much yelling and Chaos, I left the other kids to watch the game with the adults. I didn't understand the game, but I was hooked on the energy (positive and negative).

SB24: I was a full fledged fan and was convinced that Denver was going to win. Steve Atwater and Karl Mecklenberg were my favorite players. I figured there was no way we could lose with that defense...no one could score on us that year, and we PUNISHED those that tried. I watched the game alone....looking back....I probably got PTSD from it.

SB32: I was just happy to be back, but incredibly pessimistic about our chances. I mean it's not like we had just lost our other superbowls....we never looked like we belonged. No amount of regular season success was going to convince me things were different. Every negative play from that game resulted in me declaring it was over, Green Bay is gonna take control, I'm going to have to go back to defending Elway again. Winning that game was an intense relief, and the reason I am so much less negative now.

SB33: I never thought this one was even in question. The Miami game in the regular season had let small doubts into my head in the playoffs, but our dismantling of them cured that. When we found out it was Atlanta, I had no worries. probably helps that we had just one the year before though. 1998 was icing, losing couldn't take 1997 away.

SB48: I'm pretty nervous again. Not 1997 nervous or negative, but not the calm I felt in 1998. This superbowl is about Manning, and overcoming obstacles. I really feel like it would be the coolest freaking thing for Manning to have the single best year for a QB ever from front to back. I also thing the team deserves a lot of credit for working through all the injuries, suspensions, DUI's and what have you.

If we win tomorrow, next year will probably feel like 1998 again. A SB champion getting back 6-7 starting players? We will be hurtin fools.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-01-2014, 05:30 AM
XII: I was just a glimmer in my daddy's eye.

XXI: I was 6. I'd just gotten into football that year, and I was convinced after The Drive that nothing could stop us. My second heartbreak within a year, as the Red Sox took my defeated fan v-card just a few months prior when the ball went through Buckner's legs.

XXII: I was 7. I thought we'd win handily, and for the first quarter, I looked right. Remember going into the kitchen and saying to my mom, "Mom, I think we really play better when we wear the orange jerseys."

XXIV: I was told all week by the kids at school that we didn't have a chance in this game, but I wore my Bronco orange every day anyway. I think I went outside to play at halftime, because that game really wasn't worth watching. I will forever hate Joe Montana for running up the score like he did.

XXXII: Had a quiet confidence as a freshman in college, thought the line was WAY too high, and knew that we could win, but I was definitely nervous. Still one of the best days of my life.

XXXIII: Knew we would win. If we'd gotten Minnesota, I'm not sure we would have, but against the Falcons I just knew. We made jello shots and took one every time the Broncos scored. So I'm saying I got drunk.

XLVIII: I feel pretty good about this game. Nervousness that we might beat ourselves, but mostly I feel like Manning is absolutely on a Terminator-style mission and he just won't be stopped.

Let's get this mother****ing game.

SVine
02-01-2014, 05:35 AM
Great thread...

SB 12, I was born in 77, so had no concept or awareness of sports in general as I was only a few months old. I have now come to appreciate what that team must have meant for Denver as most of the years in franchise history up til then were very poor Bronco teams, and that the teams in the mid-late 70's was sort of a turnaround for the franchise that has led to Denver becoming one of the most overall premier franchises in the NFL.

SB 21, I was only about 9 years old. I was just beginning to understand football, and I come from a huge Broncos family in which I have 2 older brothers and an older sister, all huge Bronco fans, so I do remember this Super Bowl. I vaguely remember the disappointment of this Super Bowl.

SB 22, at 10, I remember being very excited to seeing Denver in their 2nd straight Super Bowl. I remember Denver getting off to a good start. I also remember the frustration of being completely out of it by halftime, but I was generally unaware of the how historically poor that 2nd quarter was for Denver.

Looking back on it, Denver should not have been blown out in those two Super Bowls. I feel that Denver, talent-wise, had just as much talent as the Giants and Redskins, but poor gameplans and coaching had a major effect on how those games played out.

SB 24. I remember the fact that Denver was a giant underdog to all mighty 49ers. Still, I was hopeful that this would be the one that John would breakthrough and shock the world. I always thought since then that Denver was just an inferior team, would need a great game by Elway to keep up with Montana and the 49ers, and it just didn't happen. I recently learned that Denver had the #1 ranked defense. Considering that, there is absolutely no way that Denver should have got blown out like that, but I specifically remember Montana's numerous perfectly placed bombs that fell into the hands of Rice and his receivers as they were always at least 5 yards beyond Denver's closes defender. Such a poor effort by Denver, offensively and defensively. Coaching a problem once again?

SB 32. First year in college. 8 frustrating years since Denver made a trip to the Super Bowl. Glad that Denver made it back finally, especially after the devastating heartbreak of losing to Jacksonville. I still don't forgive Micheal Dean Perry not getting off the field on a Jacksonville punt. In retrospect, that could have been the first part of a Denver 3 peat. Still, about SB 32. I remember the media giving Denver no chance. One of the biggest SB pointspreads, mainly due to the NFC domination over the AFC. I remember how unstoppable Denver's offense was, and I was very confident that Denver could beat any team in the league. In retrospect, it is quite ironic how the media disrespected Denver as they had one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history. I watched this game with one of my best friends at a McNichols Arena Broncos Super Bowl party. I remember spilling into the streets of LoDo in celebration (all of it law abiding) as Denver was finally able to hoist the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

SB 33. Having finally won the Super Bowl the previous year, I was content and satisfied that Denver finally won a Super Bowl. Although very excited and happy to see Denver back, I would not have been so heartbroken had they not made this game. Since they did make it, I was thinking that Denver absolutely needed this Super Bowl because it was against Dan Reeves, and I think the AFC needed to make a statement that the NFC domination of the previous 10-15 years was truly over. Also, to cement John Elway's legacy. Little did I know it would be 15 years before Denver would be in the Super Bowl again.

SB 48. Absolutely pumped for this game. Although not an underdog, I am very surprised at the media attention that is favoring Seattle. Just makes me more pumped than ever. This is the best offense, statistically, ever in the NFL! I just don't see Seattle slowing Denver down. If Denver limits offensive penalties and doesn't turn the ball over, I cannot see them scoring less than 35 points. I do realize that Denver does commit a lot of penalties and is prone to turning the ball over, but I seriously cannot see anyone stopping Denver, except for Denver themselves. Also, the lack of talk about the total domination by Denver's D as they are peaking at the right time. Rivers and Brady were both rendered practically non-existent, in nearly historical fashion, before Denver went with a more conservative defensive approach while Denver was sitting on huge leads. But all the talk is about Seattle's D is far and away the best in the NFL (I thought that was the Chief's D, but that was until they played Denver!) I am very confident about this game, and I can see Denver winning by 2-3 scores if they limit mistakes, although, it can be nerveracking close if Seattle forces Denver into a few mistakes.

Los Broncos
02-01-2014, 06:47 AM
Well, Tom Leykis is back on the air. His shows are online now. ;D

Nice

Bronco X
02-01-2014, 09:20 AM
12- too young (1 year old)

21-22, 24 - My first year getting into football was coincidentally Elway's first season and by 86 I was a die hard and ever the optimist. I thought the Broncos would win all three. I was convinced the Broncos had the 49ers number (I think they hadn't beaten the Broncos in the entire decade of the 80's if I'm not mistaken). All three losses were crushing. I had three goldfish named after the Three Amigos that all died the week of 22.

32- I was a cynical and jaded 21 year old and I'd stopped following sports for a while. I hadn't followed the Broncos all season (I watched the game at KC and was pissed when that 54 yard field go went through despite not having followed the team much). Given that I wasn't that familiar with the team my perceptions were still colored by the three crushing childhood Super Bowl experiences, and I didn't want to watch the game. I thought about going to see a movie since the theaters would be empty, but I was convinced to go to a Super Bowl party. I was pessimistic and the first Packers touchdown had me thinking "here we go again". But as the game continued and the Broncos were competing, the cynicism and pessimism faded. By the time Elway's helicopter leap happened, years of cynicism had been squelched in just a couple of hours, tears were rolling down my eyes, and my childhood optimism was back in full force. I've been a die hard fan again ever since.

33- By this time I'd been following every game and was totally confident. The game was almost anti-climactic.

48- I am confident and not particularly nervous but I know it can still go either way. It's going to come down to how many mistakes the Broncos make make. Seattle is good at forcing and capitalizing on mistakes, and that's what gives them a chance. If both teams play their best game I think the Broncos win.

Smiling Assassin27
02-01-2014, 09:30 AM
The one i recall most is 12. I was 8 and had bet my uncle, a cowboys fan, a whopping 50 cents on the game. I knew every player by name, all their stats, and had spent the entire season pretending to be Craig Morton. I had a vintage polyester orange Gradishar shirt from Sears and orange Toughskin pants. Santa Fe is split evenly between Cowboys and Broncos fans and i think i got in a scrap at recess with a Boys fan that week.

It never occurred to me that we'd lose.

Finger Roll
02-01-2014, 09:59 AM
I was born in 1976

Super Bowl 21 I was nervous because I Giants were a great team and it was the First Super Bowl i saw the broncos play. I thought it would be a 20-17 game.

Super Bowl 22 I thought we would win for sure 31-17. I can't believe how pathetic they played in the second quarter. I was in tears

Super Bowl 24 I thought they had no shot. I mean you get blown out by the 87 Redskins who weren't half as good as the 89 niners. I thought they would lose 40-20

Super Bowl 32 I was just happy to be in the Super Bowl. I no confidence that they would win because of past history and the The AFC always never showing up in big games. I thought they would lose 34-21

Super Bowl 33. Very odd because I wasn't even that nervous for this game. I thought it would be a Denver win in a blowout something like 35-10.

Super Bowl 48 very very nervous because it's been 15 years. I think the Broncos will win 24-13. Seattle has one of the weakest passing games in Super Bowl history. But very good defense.

bronco militia
02-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Sb21: I was nervous, but hopeful. This was the first seaon I watched from beginning to end.

The broncos left a lot of points on the fied that day. :( **** YOU RICH KARLIS!!

SB22: I was confident. Oooooof, what a sucker punch

SB24: ugh......no way we were winning this one. I skipped several superbowl parties because I knew i'd be miserable.

SB32: there was no way we were going to win. Super bowls were johns kryptonite.

What a game!

Sb32: anticlimatic. Dan reeves ****ed the falcons by bringing up his past a few days before the game.

Sb48: nervous and cautiously optomistic.

Arkie
02-01-2014, 10:42 AM
This is a good idea for a thread because the Mane didn't exist during those Super Bowls. We can't go back and look at how everybody felt. It's been long time, and this thread is making me realize how spoiled we are from John Elway. The Broncos made it to only one Super Bowl in 25 years. Elway takes us to five Super Bowls in a relative short period from 1986-98. Elway Leaves. We go through a long dry spell that spans the entire existence of the Orange Mane. Elway comes back and leads us to the Super Bowl.

razorwire77
02-01-2014, 10:45 AM
SB 12 (I was born in 78)

SB 21 (remember the euphoric high of the drive and because I was young, assumed that John Elway was invincible and that the Broncos were destined for greatness. I remember Denver holding a slim lead and a horrible 3rd quarter which started a spiral of SB disappointment which would last for my entire childhood.

SB 22 My uncle was my go to football guy as a kid. He was super confident we would win That confidence was confirmed after the 1st quarter. Then Timmy Smith and Doug Williams looked like video game characters in the 2nd quarter. The 2nd quarter of that game remains the most devastating of quarter of football I've ever watched.

SB 24 At this point I had a pretty good basic understanding of matchups and X and O football for a kid. My Uncle tried to temper my expectations because he knew how potent that Niner offense was. I still wore a Dennis Smith jersey every day to school. I tried to not be as emotionally invested as the previous two SB's, but I still was. I remember there being a mix of horror, disappointment, and awe at just how good that offense was as they destroyed us. I still hate Joe Montana to this day.

SB 32 I was a Sophomore at the University of New Mexico. There were several huge SB parties that I could have gone to, but instead I watched the game on a 20 inch GE television with my father in my dorm room. I felt that Denver matched up well with GB and that the line was off, but still had that apprehensive feeling. I was too nervous to drink and too nervous to eat the pizza my dad had purchased. I went into the bathroom after the game and cried like a 7-year-old girl.

SB 33- After the Vikings lost, it was on like Donkey Kong. A buddy of mine had a huge party at his house and after the Rod Smith 80 yarder, I completely wasted. I remember doing a drunken, version of the dirty bird constantly in the 2nd half. I remember being annoyed that Tim Dwight actually made the game look slightly competitive when it wasn't. I hooked up with a girl who I thought was a 9, but turned out to be a 6 (sort of the opposite of the Jimi Hendrix song. Woke up the next day passed out still in a 30 TD jersey which I still have today.

SB 48 I'm nervous, because Seattle has a very good team. Honestly, I think we have the two best teams in the NFL playing today. I'm concerned with how the officials are going to call the game, and I concerned with how we'll deal with the physicality of the Seahawk defense, but I also feel a quiet confidence that this team will rise to the occasion and that Peyton realizes what a dominating SB performance will do for his already storied career. I think we come out focused and win by a possession 27-21, in a game where we trail at some point.

Atwater His Ass
02-01-2014, 10:54 AM
21,22,& 24 were all basically the same for me. I thought we'd win every one. I was a kid and my family rented a room at holiday inn for each one, and threw a big party, which was a big ****ing deal to a kid. They had a pool.

Me and my best friend used to recreate The Drive in my backyard almost every day. That was the first time that I was really into a game and understood what was going on.

The losses were devastating and me and my best friend were soundly ridiculed as we were the two biggest fans at our school.

32 I was hs senior and wanted so bad too stick it to the packers. Watching Atwater play out of his mind was the highlight for me. Like most, I knew we'd win after the helicopter play.

33 nothing but confidence. Was more worried at the afccg that year since everyone at the stadium was more concerned with the Vikings game than ours.

48 nothing but confidence. I honestly don't see how Seattle can hang with Denver.

stopgap
02-01-2014, 10:57 AM
48 nothing but confidence. I honestly don't see how Seattle can hang with Denver.

I'm not the only one.

Agamemnon
02-01-2014, 11:26 AM
SB 12 - Was over a year before I was born.

SB 21, 22, & 24 - I honestly don't remember. I was just a kid, and while I was a Bronco fan I did not have much football knowledge. I hoped they would win each game, and was sad when they didn't.

SB 32 - I knew we were going to win. We had just gone into two very hostile environments and won, I didn't doubt we could beat the Packers on a neutral field.

SB 33 - I knew we were going to repeat all year. I was kind of disappointed when the Vikings didn't make it, as some idiots in the media seemed to think they were a match for us.

SB 48 - I'm very confident. Our team is playing their most complete football of the season while Seattle honestly is not. Generally I'd say the feeling I have is kind of the same as with SB 32 but without us being massive underdogs. We are going to win this game by double digits.

Tombstone RJ
02-01-2014, 11:45 AM
SB 12--was too young, just remember Orange mania all over Denver and in particular, orange Christmas trees. Yah, you know where my passions were, right?

SB 21--was still pretty young and I really don't remember too much about this game. All I remember was thinking that the Broncos had a chance going into the second half but then I don't remember watching the second half, so I probably didn't.

SB 22--I was all into this SB. My friend's family had a big SB party, the Broncos were favored. But here's the deal--I didn't really follow any of the other teams so I was totally unaware of Washington and who they were. Whelp, that SB sucked so bad. It was a horror story. Everyone watching the game was in total silence. It was like being at a funeral.

SB 24--This is when I really started hating the national media. Sure, the Broncos were big underdogs but c'mon. It sucked watching all the lame predictions about how much the Broncos were gonna get blown out actually come true. Worst SB loss in history. Not the kind of record I want the Broncos to have.

SB 32--Was at a house party in Denver with my best friend who was born and raised on the East Coast. He wasn't a Broncos fan but he went to the game to have some fun and give me council because the Broncos were predicted to lose badly. After the Packers marched down the field and scored a TD, my friend was all like "well, it was nice anyway, I'm going to go drink all the beer in the refrigerator now, see yah." But then the Broncos came right back and scored a TD and I knew it was "GAME ON!" The rest of the game as fantastic and super fun to watch. After the win, I remember walking outside the house into the street and seeing all these people in the neighborhood just laughing and having a great time. It was surreal.

SB 33--I was in Colorado Springs at another house party watching this game. The party sucked but the Broncos won. Everyone knew the Broncos were gonna win and so it was like, kind of boring. That is, it wasn't like the SB 32 where everyone was on the edge of their seats.

SB 48--I'm a Broncos fan, ok. So, I'm never super-duper confident the Broncos are gonna win the SB. I think it all stems from my childhood and SB 22. I just can't get too excited about the Broncos winning, especially when they are favored. It's just too painful to watch if they somehow mess up and lose. That being said, I really am hopeful the Broncos will win this game.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-01-2014, 12:13 PM
I love this thread.

delany
02-01-2014, 12:14 PM
SB 12. What a magical year in and around Denver. It was a great time and place to be a kid. Training camp, every game at Mile High, the games against the hated Raiders. It was perfect. I was just happy to be in the Super Bowl. That year set the life long love affair for the Broncos in me. A SB loss didn't hit that hard. I was 10.

SB 21. Waited a long time to get back and thought confident going in. It was supposed to be redemption. The loss stung.

SB 22. Was nervous going in and watching the whole thing unravel was extremely painful.

SB 24. I knew Denver was going to lose. I would have been just as happy if they would have lost the AFC Championship game and never made it to the SB.

SB 32. I was at Caesars in Las Vegas. I bet Denver and took the points. I then got harassed the entire game by my friend that took Denver on the ML. After going 0-4...it was hard to be even a little confident.

SB 33. Pretty obvious Denver was going to kill it. The most calm I had ever been watching a Denver post season game.

SB 48. It took so long to get back here that I am back to step 1. Just happy they are there and have enjoyed every minute of the last two weeks. Seattle is a worthy opponent and a lose would not devastate me. Maybe because I am older or maybe because I just appreciate how hard it is to even make this game.

Still think Denver wins tomorrow.

broncosteven
02-01-2014, 03:31 PM
I was just thinking about how I felt about the Broncos chances going into each Super Bowl that they played in. I'm curious to know how everybody else felt. Mine are below.

Super Bowl 12- I was born in 1976, and I hadn't become a Broncos fan yet. ;D

Super Bowl 21- I still wasn't a fan.

Super Bowl 22- I became a fan that season, when I was 11 years old. My father had season tickets to the Raiders, and he took me to a game. I just wasn't feeling the whole Raiders thing, so I told my pops that I was rooting for that other team, which happened to be the Broncos. The Broncos won, and it was the greatest thing to happen to me as a sports fan! I got a Broncos starter jacket a couple weeks later (the blue one with the logo on the left chest and the two orange stripes on the sleeve), and I wore that jacket damn near everyday until I grew out of it. It's still hanging in my closet.

Well heading into the Super Bowl I was super excited. I mean, I had only been a fan for like two months and it was already paying off with a trip to the Super Bowl! That decision at the LA Coliseum was looking like a great one. I remember hearing about how the Broncos were the favorites, so I couldn't wait for the game. Then the game started and Elway threw a bomb on the first offensive play of the game. Touchdown! It was awesome. Then they go up by 10 points. Yeah, this is the best thing ever! Yeah…then the second quarter. WFT?!?! It was going so great, and it all came crashing down. Yeah, that sucked.

Super Bowl 24- Well, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who convinced myself that the Broncos would win that game. I mean, #1 defense in the league, and Bobby Humphrey was the running back that Elway always needed. The Broncos had a great season. They finished 11-5, but they were 10-2 and wrapped up the #1 seed really early, so they just took their foot off the gas.

I was telling myself that they could beat the 49ers, mainly because I'm a fan, but I really knew that it wasn't going to happen. I mean, that 49ers team was loaded. It was no shock that they ran the Broncos out of the building.

Super Bowl 32- This was an interesting one. I felt confident and scared at the same time. I wasn't confident just because I'm a Broncos fan, I really believed that the Broncos could win that game. They had a loaded team. But with the AFC losing 13 in a row, the Broncos hitting that late season slump which allowed the Chiefs to win the division, and with only one wild card team ever winning the Super Bowl, nobody gave them a chance. But after watching that team for two years, it was clear that they were a real power. But I was kind of scared because another Super Bowl loss would have mean the 5th one, and Elway would have been tainted again.

Then the Packers marched down the field on the opening drive. It was like dammit, here we go again. But the Broncos answered, and scored 17 points in a row. We were winning! It felt real. And then TD just killed the Packers in the 2nd half. It was just awesome! Best feeling ever! (Only sports feeling that has topped that was my son single handedly beating a rival on the final drive of the game this past high school football season. Like, 4th and 10 from their own 20 with 30 seconds to play and the QB was wildly inaccurate, my son catches a 40-yard bomb to save the drive, then three plays later he catches the game winner in the back of the end zone. Yeah, it was nuts)

Super Bowl 33- That was also interesting, because it was kind of an annoying two weeks. I pretty much knew that game was in the bag. But it was annoying to hear the Falcon fans convince themselves that their team would just stop TD, and that Jamal Anderson would run all over the Broncos. Of course neither came close to happen, and we haven't heard anything about any dirty birds since. It was also annoying to hear people say how lucky the Broncos were that the Vikings didn't make it. That was some BS. The Broncos were a loaded team. The Vikings were a team that caught people's attention because of their offense, but they certainly weren't loaded team. The Broncos flirted with an undefeated season. The Falcons shut down the Vikings offense for the final three quarters and overtime of the NFC Championship game, so how where they going to contend with the Broncos?

Super Bowl 48- I feel really good about this game, but it won't be an upset either way. I really believe that the Broncos are the better team, but not by much. And since it is only one game and not a series, anything can happen. It is kind of a different feeling though, because those Super Bowl runs in the late 90s, the Broncos had never done anything like that. That was really special. It's hard to come close to that. This one is more about building a legacy. Not just for Manning, but for the organization. Winning a third Super Bowl puts them in a higher class. If they get a win, and hopefully one more with Manning, they would be on that top tier of NFL franchises. The Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys, Giants, and Packers are the only teams with four or more Super Bowl wins. It's time to climb that ladder!

SB XXII - My best friend was a Cowboys fan, we lived in Coldwater Michigan at the time and for us to be best friends who's both favorite teams were in the SB. I thought Denver would win. I ended up with the worst migraine in the 3rd quarter and it took me until a couple years ago to rewatch that game. Big let down.

SB XXI - I didn't think a Simms lead team could beat Elway, man was I wrong.

SB XXII - See SB XXI, we were leading (in both games) then the 2nd quarter happened. I still think we would beat that team 8 times out of 10.

SB XXIV - Put on a brave face but hoped the best D in the league could make it happen, coupled with a good day running the ball. It didn't, the game was so bad they turned the game off at the party I was at and we played Nintendo Hockey and drank some funky cheap wiskey that I have never found again, we got one of our friends so drunk we took a pack of condoms and opened them putting one in each pocket of his motorcycle jacket. I got him to the door then took off, his wife wasn't pleased.

SB XXXII - Was hoping this was finally the year, especially after the Jags loss. Everyone was rooting for Elway to win one so I felt Ok but was worried. Greatest SB EVER!

SB XXXIII - After the Vikes lost I knew we had this, then in the morning when I heard Robison was busted I knew we had this. No doubt.

SB XLVIII - I feel like I did for SB 21, and 22. Very confident, not sure that Wilson can beat Manning. The only thing I am worried about is turnovers. I think we can move the ball and score a lot of points, just worried about the team giving it away.

nyuk nyuk
02-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Sb 12: I wasn't alive. My Dad said the team seemed distracted and just happy to be there.

This is how Seattle fans are, which is why they had 30,000 show up to see the team off at the airport. We don't do that silliness anymore.

errand
02-01-2014, 04:08 PM
I've felt the same way as always...confident that the Broncos will win the title.

cutthemdown
02-01-2014, 04:15 PM
For the Cowboys I was 7 yrs old and wanted badly to win. Can't remember if I thought they would or not.

For the Giants I thought we would lose. The defense was just too good.

I thought the Broncos would beat the Redskins and to this day I still think they should have.

I knew the Broncos would lose bad to the 49er's.

Green Bay I couldn't understand how no one gave the Broncos a shot. I thought they had a great chance to win, and that they would.

VS Atlanta I was offended people thought it would be a contest. The Broncos outclassed them and it was obvious they would win.

This year i feel very good about a Broncos win. No one in the Seattle front 7 can take over the game vs this oline and QB. The Seahawks offense doesn't scare me. It could be the worst offense we have faced in a Superbowl.

KipCorrington25
02-01-2014, 04:30 PM
I was 7 years old for SB XII and that season the last game of the regular season was against Dallas and they lost so being pragmatic even then I figured for sure Dallas would win again and I couldn't believe everyone was so upset when they did as it seemed obvious.

mhgaffney
02-01-2014, 04:34 PM
I go alla way back to the mid 70s.

Curious to see that Kaylore is just a kid -- a whippersnapper.

Not surprised.

Manning is going to surprise the Seachickens. The hurry up offense will be the 12th man -- a Bronco.

Take it to the bank.

MHG

WolfpackGuy
02-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Giants - Happy they were in it
Skins - Knew they would win
Niners - Hoped they would win
Packers - Confident they would play well and not be intimidated, Knew they COULD win
Falcons - Knew they would win after all that Elway/Reeves/Shanahan nonsense resurfaced
This year - Confident they will win (Still have to play well)

Ziggy
02-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Giants - Happy they were in it
Skins - Knew they would win
Niners - Hoped they would win
Packers - Confident they would play well and not be intimidated, Knew they COULD win
Falcons - Knew they would win after all that Elway/Reeves/Shanahan nonsense resurfaced
This year - Confident they will win (Still have to play well)

Packers were insanely overconfident. They were already talking dynasty. I remember an interview with Favre the week before the super bowl talking about how he gave his first ring to his wife and saying, "this one is going to be mine."

I knew at that point the Broncos were going to win it.

WolfpackGuy
02-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Packers were insanely overconfident. They were already talking dynasty. I remember an interview with Favre the week before the super bowl talking about how he gave his first ring to his wife and saying, "this one is going to be mine."

I knew at that point the Broncos were going to win it.

Tell me about it.

They were getting the BEST team in the AFC in that Super Bowl, not the god damn Pats who the Broncos repeatedly wiped the floor with in those days.

I'm not bitter at all about that loss to the Jagwads.

LOL

g00fyfoot
02-01-2014, 05:20 PM
12 - I was a little kid and don't remember a lot of specifics, but I do remember it being one of the first times I cared about the result of a sporting event. I remember the AFC Championship more than the Super Bowl.

21 - Really excited but more hopeful than confident. Very let down, but I still had hope. Elway was young. I knew the Broncos would win Super Bowls.

22 - I believed that was the day the Broncos would win their first Super Bowl. Truly believed it. I cannot accurately describe how this game effected me. A part of my childhood died that day. I (literally) have never felt so let down, angry and disgusted over a sporting event. I could write a novel about this game. I no longer believed.

24 - No belief and very little hope. I knew the Niners were going to win, I just hoped the Broncos wouldn't embarrass themselves. They embarrassed themselves. I remember next to nothing about the game. Unfortunate they even made this Super Bowl.

32 - Apprehension. Alright, we're going back to the Super Bowl! Oh crap, we're going back to the Super Bowl. Didn't know if I could take another beat down. Probably watched the first part of the game peering through my fingers. But when the Broncos responded on their first drive, I knew it wasn't going to be another debacle. I was living in London at the time and no one seemed to understand my emotional response to watching Elway hoist the Lombardi. What a great night.

33 - Total confidence. Justified.

48 - Calm for the most part. My attitudes have matured, I guess. I'm pretty confident. I'll be happy as hell if the Broncos win, but I won't be destroyed if they lose. Just trying to enjoy the ride, as I know it can be a long time between these moments.

theAPAOps5
02-01-2014, 05:44 PM
12 - Half of me was hanging out in my dad's nut sack the other half in my moms ovaries.

21 - I was 7 almost 8 and this was the first year all my friends and I started playing street football, religiously, every day. I was sad for about 3 hours and then it started to turn to ...... Oh look an airplane.

22 - I was 8 almost 9, having matured and becoming a real die hard fan (for a 9 year old) the expectation was a win 70 to 2. The sadness lasted a lot longer this time, about 4 hours before turning into.... Oh look another airplane

24 - I was about to be 11 and playing pee wee football, again I was full of confidence and it was quickly destroyed. The next day I fought the kid that wore his raiders gear to school every time we had a Bronco spirit day. Got suspended for a day, but I kicked his ass.

32 - Freshman at CU, my Bronco life had been formed around the belief that God had a hard on for the Broncos getting their teeth kicked in when playing in said Super Bowl. I expected same thing, and then magic happened. I celebrated by a nice warm fire..... On the hill..... And it was really a couch..... And something the cops really didn't like. Pepper spray is a b****.

33 - Sophomore at CU. We won the Super Bowl the instant Atlanta beat the Vikings, this was dessert. I talked a lot of **** to my friends from high school back in Savannah Georgia via AOL Instant Messenger (the new 8x faster dial up was awesome). Celebrated by another warm fire... On the hill.... But I believe this time a lazy boy was included.... Learned the standard police protocol the previous year, maintained adequate pepper spray avoidance technique.

48 - All week I have felt completely comfortable. I felt the same way heading into the New England game. But there is a subtle undertone of nervousness. You see I move to Seattle February 18th. If this doesn't end well, that may change. Additionally, Monday is my birthday. Raheem Moore ****ed up a Super Bowl win on my birthday, which would have happened last year. Can't wait for game time! Now a father of 2, have a career, and I have lost a step. No warm fires for me!

Old Dude
02-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Raheem Moore ****ed up a Super Bowl win on my birthday, which would have happened last year. ..

If it makes you feel better, Michael Dean Perry ****ed up a Super Bowl on my birthday, back in January of 1997, and look what happened a year later.

theAPAOps5
02-01-2014, 06:03 PM
If it makes you feel better, Michael Dean Perry ****ed up a Super Bowl on my birthday, back in January of 1997, and look what happened a year later.

HA, nice. There are so many parallels to 97/98 it is kind of eerie.

oubronco
02-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Excited for each and every one of them except the first which was before my time

broncosteven
02-01-2014, 06:13 PM
HA, nice. There are so many parallels to 97/98 it is kind of eerie.

Maybe Sherman will get busted soliciting an officer tonight and complete the cycle.

oubronco
02-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Maybe Sherman will get busted soliciting an officer tonight and complete the cycle.

Would rather watch him get burnt repeatedly

rodr88
02-01-2014, 06:22 PM
SB XII - 17 years old, jumped on the Broncos bandwagon when I figured out it pissed off my dad. (I was 17). I was thrilled that the Broncos beat the Raiders and got to the Superbowl. I hoped they would win, but new Dallas was a very good team.

SB XXII - Coming off of the drive I believed the Broncos were going to pull the upset and shock everyone. Then the missed FG's in the first half, and the second half, and we are still being punished by having to listen to Phill Simms.

SB XXIII - There was no doubt in my mind this was Denver's year. The Broncos were going to win going away. Then came the 2nd quarter, I wanted to puke.

SB XXIV - I talked the talk, oh yea, we are going to win, but truth was I knew it was going to take a lot for Denver to win and I wasn't surprised with the outcome.

SBXXXII - I wrecked my motorcycle the day before and was on pain meds for the game. But going into it I totally believed Denver was going to win. When GB drove the field and scored I started to waiver, then Denver answered and it was on from there. As other's have said, the helicopter play was the moment. But I still remember taking a second to realize what it meant when Mobley knocked down that 4th down pass. I had always believed John was going to win a SB and was so glad to be proven right.

SBXXXIII - I knew this was over before it started. Atlanta never had a chance. The Vikings might have been a better game, but I was find with it ending up the way it did.

SB XLVIII - I expect Denver to win. I'm nervous and know that they are very capable of turning it over and giving this game to Seattle, but I believe that if Denver plays their game as they are capable they are going to have that 3rd Lombardi. PFM is on a mission. We've seen that look before when an athlete gets that one track mind. You just know it's going to happen. That's how I see it.

Broncos_OTM
02-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Fhopeful my first after that its always been a nervous doubt.they broke my little heart as a kid a few times. Still a bit gunshy

Archer81
02-01-2014, 06:47 PM
The earliest superbowl memory I have is the one against the Redskins. I was living in Northern Virginia in the mid to late 1980s. That was flipping horrible. "Hail to the Redskins" is the worst song ever written. Like...worse than 1 direction or Taylor Swift, even.

The 49er Superbowl I think I blocked out of my consciousness. I know the game occurred. I remember nothing about it.

Superbowl 32 I was living in Pittsburgh and was a Sophomore at Bethel Park High School. I had an old school Broncos jacket, solid blue with the big D on the back. Got pelted with ice and snow balls the week before the AFCC game against Pittsburgh. After that game, I got left alone but was told constantly at least the Stillers wont get killed by Green Bay. TD wont do anything. Elway has big teeth. Whatever.

Superbowl 33 I was a junior at South Park High School (it exists). I was supremely calm about it. I looked at Atlanta and saw no real threat. Dirty birds or not, they seemed flimsy. Like a kick to the ankle would send them tottering. And it happened.

Superbowl 48 I have the same feeling I did before the Atlanta game. Things could go wrong, but I do not see the Seahawks winning a point for point game against the Broncos. They do not have the offensive talent to do it.

:Broncos:

cutthemdown
02-02-2014, 02:50 AM
I won't lie, I cried when Mobley knocked that pass down and the Broncos finally won a Superbowl.

cutthemdown
02-02-2014, 02:51 AM
No fans have been through as much of a rollercoaster emotional ride as Denver Broncos fans. It's not even close until the Bills or Vikings rise up and get a ring.

Durango
02-02-2014, 03:53 AM
SB XII I was only 8 years old, but I remember somebody failing to cover a fumble of a kick off early in the game that might have change the whole dynamic,

SB 21-22-24 were Dan Reeves failures. Out-coached, and Denver had drafted so poorly that Elway had to take the team on his back just to get there. I was thrilled when Denver led NY 10-9 at halftime in SB 21. I honestly didn't think that was possible, but then Phil Simms 23 of 24 or whatever the hell it was. Good Lord.

The 2nd quarter of that Washingotn game was ridiculous. You can't let that happen. I sat on the corner of a bed and cried. I never thought the Broncos had a chance against SF. I really didn't. I was hoping they could keep it close.

SB 32. I don't know why, I just knew they would win. I threw up after the game.

SB 33. When Minnesota lost I though this was a gift from God. It was.

SB 48. Denver flounders early, rallies for a big 3rd quarter and wins 31-21.

Jason in LA
02-02-2014, 07:48 AM
It was great reading everybody's responses. For the most part we all had similar emotions about each game. It has been great being a Broncos fan because they have accomplished so much over the years. Today is the next chapter, and something that we will all remember forever.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

DENVERDUI55
02-02-2014, 08:03 AM
21, 24 I knew an ass whooping was coming. Those were 2 great teams Denver just wasn't going to beat.

22 this one hurt a bit and Denver had a chance but got Ted Lilly'd and 35 unanswered points? Really when has that ever happened in a quarter.

32 I was really nervous I my heart felt like the GB would come out on top. After the first drive I was thinking here we go again. Then Denver did a man like drive down the field and I was like we got a chance. That game should of been a Denver blowout but was a great game and my favorite of all time.

33 When Minnesota lost to Atlanta I knew Denver just went back to back. Game played out as I expected.

ScottXray
02-02-2014, 08:45 AM
I was about 27 in 77. So have suffered through the losses and been rewarded
in 97/98.

XII . Both defenses were fantastic and I knew before the game that if either team got a 10 point lead it would be over. Denver had a chance to recover a Dallas fumble early inside their 10 and didn't get it. That would have changed the game.

XXI....hoped we had a chance, but very worried.

XXII...thought we would win but the 2nd quarter was a nightmare.
This loss disappointed me the most.

XXIV. Just hoped we would be respectable...but even that was denied.

XXXII. Knew TD would run their Defense off the field. Actually was confident
Denver would win.

XXXIII. Was very confident. In the bag confident.

XLVIII... If we don't turn it over Seattle will fall further and further behind.
Pretty confident Denver wins by 14>.

Arkie
02-02-2014, 09:29 AM
SUPER BOWL XII
I was a Cowboys fan when I was little. I don't even remember this Super Bowl. I was only 6. My buddy down the street was a huge Steelers fan. He had an electric football game and several sets of super bowl teams. I remember the Broncos as just one of his teams when I played the Cowboys in our Super Bowl replays. He always played the Steelers whenever he got the chance, and I always played the Cowboys.

SUPER BOWL XXI
I'm a sophomore in high school. I've been a Broncos fan for three fun years. I thought our team in '85 was as good as anybody in the AFC. I expected all year we would be in the Super Bowl. This was a fun season. I kept up with standings on my poster board. I wasn't convinced we could be the '86 Giants though. I felt they were almost as good as the '85 Bears team. After two weeks of buildup, I began to believe we would win. I wasn't too surprised that we lost. I was proud of the Broncos this year.

SUPER BOWL XXII
I'm convinced we will win this Super Bowl. It's my junior year. I'm at my friend's house. He's an Oilers fan still pissed the Broncos crushed them a few weeks earlier in the playoffs. He rubs it in pretty good every time Washington scores. I'm very upset and disappointed.

SUPER BOWL XXII
I'm a freshman in college. I come home for the weekend to watch this game with my brother who's still in high school. I think the 49ers are the greatest team of all time and that we'll probably lose. I think it will be a lot closer than the experts are predicting though. I was very disappointed. We quit watching when it's 41-3 and go out for some pizza. I overheard somebody say the 49ers had scored 55 points. I just feel sorry for John Elway. I want him to win a Super Bowl so bad.

SUPER BOWL XXXII
Went to a Super Bowl party after setting up the VCR to tape the game and all the coverage. I still have several tapes of this SB and all the hoopla before and after. It's been a long time. I felt like this was John Elway's last shot (I also felt this way a year earlier with home-field advantage.) I felt like the Broncos had a great team, but I bought into the hype that the Packers were just too dominant. I still felt it would be a lot closer than the experts were predicting. I was overjoyed with this win to say the least. It was the greatest victory in my sports fan career.

SUPER BOWL XXXIII
I had a small group of friends come over to my apartment. I was engaged at the time. This was also a boring match-up for non-Bronco/Falcon fans. It also felt anti-climatic to me. I was slightly disappointed we didn't go undefeated or play Minnesota in the Super Bowl. It was a relief for the Broncos to take care of business. I was happy Elway was SB MVP and got his 2nd ring.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII
I feel like this is a really good match-up. Both defenses will show up, and it will be lower scoring than the experts predict. We are playing the NFC's best team. It's the first time in a long time that the best teams from each conference all year long are facing off in the Super Bowl. Denver has to dig deep, give 110%, and all the other cliches because Seattle will be doing the same. This game will come down to the wire. Denver pulls it out in the end.