PDA

View Full Version : Welker pulls a walk off during an interview

Johnykbr
01-31-2014, 05:28 PM
In fairness, it is a terrible interview: http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/wes-welker-gave-the-most-miserable-interview-ever-013114

rmsanger
01-31-2014, 05:31 PM
I lol'd when I saw this in an article

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Welker-500x501.jpg

Agamemnon
01-31-2014, 05:36 PM
Wow that interviewer is utterly retarded. Welker tells him he has two minutes and he asks questions about his dog and Old Spice? FFS...

BroncosfanGuy
01-31-2014, 05:41 PM
"What's a puggle?"

the vacuous media coverage of the super bowl is annoying

Taco John
01-31-2014, 05:46 PM
This guy is a great interviewer... Starts off confrontational and then has no idea how to rescue the interview.

Br0nc0Buster
01-31-2014, 06:02 PM
lol
I thought Welker came off a bit dickish, but after doing so many interviews this week I can understand

BTW what is up with that guy's face?
He looks like a barbie doll that was heated in the microwave

Johnykbr
01-31-2014, 06:06 PM
lol
I thought Welker came off a bit dickish, but after doing so many interviews this week I can understand

BTW what is up with that guy's face?
He looks like a barbie doll that was heated in the microwave

I have to agree, Welker started off as a prick and but the interviewer was confrontational...and apparently made of soft wax too.

ZONA
01-31-2014, 06:16 PM
There's nothing here folks. It was probably 1 of more then over 100 interviews he'd done in the last 2 weeks. He answered the questions, said his time was up and had to leave. I mean, how many times does the guy have to listen to that same question about catching passes from 2 of the greatest QB's of all time. Hello, it's been answered too many times to count, why keep asking that stupid F'n question. It's great obviously, yeah, to have those 2 guys as your QB for most of your career. What's he gonna say, it's been horrible. Lame ass media and there never ending generic rehashed questions.

Chrissy Rules
cant blame Wes... its Super Bowl and he was asking stupid questions... stay the attitude for the game Wes...truthfully I LIKE IT....

BroncosfanGuy
not 1 question relevant to the upcoming game or the Broncos in general. I think Welker showed a nice restraint considering the questions were so dumb. those are the type of questions you'd expect from a chick intern at Cosmo

pricejj
01-31-2014, 06:28 PM
Wes was pissed, because the guy wasn't even on location.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-31-2014, 06:42 PM
Why are they even bothering to interview these guys anymore? God, it's so obnoxious.

Miss I.
01-31-2014, 07:10 PM
Wes looked tired. The guy looked like he'd been botoxed a million times and came in with such stupid questions I would've left too. It's a nonissue this idiot is milking for 30 seconds more attention then it deserves so he can afford his next botox injection.

ColoradoDarin
01-31-2014, 08:09 PM
Urge to kill rising, rising.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bGCQoVVmivg/UYwQ4aegI2I/AAAAAAAAASE/l5Bgh4rd5vI/s1600/homer-urge-to-kill-rising.png

canadianbroncosfan
01-31-2014, 09:06 PM
It's Michael Landsberg from TSN. He actually has a very entertaining show and is a great host. Being "quirky" is kind of his shtick.

That being said, if that was the last interview of my day after everything I'd have little patience for it too.

broncocalijohn
01-31-2014, 09:18 PM
It's Michael Landsberg from TSN. He actually has a very entertaining show and is a great host. Being "quirky" is kind of his shtick.

That being said, if that was the last interview of my day after everything I'd have little patience for it too.

I never have heard his show but I couldn't stop looking at his face. It was like he stole the face from the Wax Museum. I would suspect he has gay tendencies too or just likes to dress in women's outfits. Weird.

AZOrange 1
01-31-2014, 09:28 PM
Crongrats to WW because he lasted about a minute past where I would have got up and walked out with these lame-as-- questions. I mean is this guy doing an interview for an elementary school project?

R8R H8R
01-31-2014, 09:30 PM
It appeared that Welker already knew the reputation of the interviewer, and wasn't happy to comply. Why he even agreed, I don't know. But I do know he is absolutely sick of the Manning/Brady questions, thus the walk off.

BroncoFanDoug
01-31-2014, 09:31 PM
Bunch of stupid questions. Followed by the last one that he has not answered about a thousand times and never will. He is close to Brady and now Manning and deeply respects both so he is NEVER going to pick one over the other.

I thought Wes showed restraint tbh. Compare to Sherman...

Mogulseeker
01-31-2014, 09:35 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hqJ-ncCB1jk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mogulseeker
01-31-2014, 09:35 PM
Yeah.... that guy shouldn't be in sports media.

cabronco
01-31-2014, 10:15 PM
Wes looks tired. Prolly tired from interviews and the same old frakn questions. Every interview I hear for Wes, whats it like catching passes from PFM compared to TB ? Ya that would get old quick..

nyuk nyuk
01-31-2014, 10:17 PM
Wow that interviewer looks like a combination between Arnold and a mannequin. thafuq?

Kaylore
01-31-2014, 10:29 PM
Yeah put me down in the group that thinks his face looks vacu-formed.

GreatBronco16
01-31-2014, 11:06 PM
I thought he looked and sounded drunk/hungover. Ha!

maher_tyler
01-31-2014, 11:36 PM
Worst interview ever.

theAPAOps5
02-01-2014, 12:34 AM

He sucks.

theAPAOps5
02-01-2014, 12:39 AM
I thought he looked and sounded drunk/hungover. Ha!

I think his dickish/hungover look is more him trying to conduct an interview with a guy not in the room. So he is sitting there listening to a voice, a voice that is asking utterly stupid questions in an utterly condescending way.

Way to go TSN, I am pretty certain you are the only media outlet in the free world who did not send their media talent to the biggest media event in the sports world. True professionals. ::)

Abqbronco
02-01-2014, 12:24 PM
That was very colorado of us!! Ha! I picture them putting the dog in the back of their Subaru and stopping by the brewery for a growler. Awesome!

Tombstone RJ
02-01-2014, 01:15 PM
lol, love the puggle question and answer by Welker. "We got the dog from the Humane's Society, it was very 'Colorado' of us." Then the interviewer, to his credit, comes back with a snarky "Did you name it Gizelle?"

that's good stuff.

DarkHorse30
02-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Yeah put me down in the group that thinks his face looks vacu-formed.

It appears that his lips have been Courtney Cox'd

canadianbroncosfan
02-01-2014, 04:35 PM
I think his dickish/hungover look is more him trying to conduct an interview with a guy not in the room. So he is sitting there listening to a voice, a voice that is asking utterly stupid questions in an utterly condescending way.

Way to go TSN, I am pretty certain you are the only media outlet in the free world who did not send their media talent to the biggest media event in the sports world. True professionals. ::)

They didn't send Landsberg, cause he's got more of a talk show. They have about a dozen other reporters there though.

tesnyde
02-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Dude looks like Stiffler's mom in a butch get up and cut....

Stifler's Mom: I once caught Steven sticking my hairbrush up his a**. It wasn't the handle side either. What da think about that Wes?

Wes: We'll....you can do it with this mike. Bulb side first. Adios.

milehighJC
02-01-2014, 05:05 PM
That may have been the worst set of questions I can ever remember hearing in a sports interview. Makes me long for ignorant sideline reporters with idiotic questions.

I would say Welkers patience was longer than mine would have been. After the first question about Old Spice, I would have replied - "do you want to talk about football, or are we done?"

The Super Bowl media frenzy really has outlived it's usefulness.

Fortunately, the game is less the 24 hours away.

DomCasual
02-01-2014, 06:03 PM
I actually think the interviewer is handsome!

Signed,
Michael Landsberg's mother

DomCasual
02-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Since I've never heard of this guy, I did a quick Google search. A few things I found gave me a small chuckle.

First, from his Wikipedia page: "(Michael Landsberg) he is referred to as the Darcy Tucker/Leo Komarov of radio."

I don't know why that struck me as funny - maybe it's just my current mood? Who actually referred to him as such? And what a particularly strange thing to boast about. I mean, I sort of knew who Darcy Tucker was, simply from my casual Avs fandom. Leo Komarov, though? :rofl: I had to look it up. He's a Finnish hockey player who played part of one season in the NHL. I realize that Canadians are a unique breed. But this would be like saying, as a Broncos fan, that someone is the Willie Oshodin of broadcasting. Wow! What a compliment! Willie Oshodin was, um - well, he was really good? Finally, when someone was trying to come up with a comparison for Michael Landsberg, could they really not settle on one guy from the duo of Darcy Tucker and Leo Komarov? Was the forward-slash really necessary? Using the Broncos analogy, it would be like, "Man, you're good! You're almost like Willie Oshodin, the reserve Defensive End from the early 90's! But - now, just wait a gosh-darned second - you are also sort of like Jim Juriga, from the '88 team! I mean, I guess what I'm saying is that you're the Willie Oshodin/Jim Juriga of broadcasting!" :)

The second thing that made me chuckle was from his TSN bio (keeping in mind that he's been in broadcasting for 30+ years): "Landsberg has interviewed numerous key, high-profile athletes Terrell Owens, Mark Messier, Steve Nash, Lennox Lewis, Vince Carter, Roger Clemens, Paul Tracy, Jose Canseco, and Alexander Ovechkin."

Wow, Michael - that's quite a list! Lennox Lewis and Paul Tracy! Man!

I admit. I am completely bored! In such a position, I am fairly easily entertained. :)

BelichickOwnsPeyton
02-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Ol playoff stonehands feeling the pressure ready for another big drop.