PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand

LetsGoBroncos
01-31-2014, 01:03 PM
why the media is acting like it is clear Seattle has a better roster with more talent aside from Manning. On the Herd (Colin picked Denver) they basically said players 2-53 Seattle was clearly better. Heard it in several other places too and I don't agree.

I feel like we have better WR's, a better TE, and a better OL. Not sure their D-Line is that much better than our's. They get us at LB and the secondary.

Am I wrong?

crush17
01-31-2014, 01:06 PM
Our entire offense is better than their entire offense, apart from a slight edge for them at RB.

It's pretty comical how many people are saying that Seattle's team is better than Peyton Manning. Like there aren't 52 other players on our roster.

B-Large
01-31-2014, 01:08 PM
Meh, they have to sell stories.

The Seahwks enjoy a cheap QB right now, thereby have more money to spend at more positions. Consinciendtly, the QB position is often the difference in the game even with an inferior roster overall.

Manning is special. There is no doubt. Who gives a **** about rosters, lets play the game and see who rises as cream. My bet, Orange and Blue.

LetsGoBroncos
01-31-2014, 01:13 PM
I'm just saying I feel like we are clearly better at a couple positions. So for people to act like Seattle is clearly a better team aside from QB doesn't seem right to me.

Crushaholic
01-31-2014, 01:50 PM
If any of the Seattle receivers is going to kill us, it will be Harvin. He has great return ability, setting up a short field. If we avoid that, the SB is ours...:Elway:

DenverDynamite
01-31-2014, 01:54 PM
It's lazy commentary is all. I'm really hoping Seattle been lapping up their own hype all week. It'll be a delicious buffet of tears.

Jetmeck
01-31-2014, 02:03 PM
Heath Evans is ate up with Seattle hype.

Great13
01-31-2014, 02:06 PM
Heath Evans is ate up with Seattle hype.

Not just him though. When Irvin said he'd take Sherman in his prime over Champ in his... I literally turned off the TV. This hype is out of control.

errand
01-31-2014, 02:07 PM
Marshawn Lynch has had better career than Knowshon ...but he's not "better" by that much if at all

TripleTilde
01-31-2014, 02:14 PM
Denver has a few big things going for it that might minimize the pass rush. You have Manning who can process information and react quickly. Denver's offensive line has also been steady for the most part. Then you also have the no-huddle. All of this could significantly offset Seattles pass rush. The no-huddle alone could conceivably negate the advantage Seattle has against a lot of teams when they rotate defensive linemen. The no huddle can minimize their depth--it's kind of like the movie 300 where they made the Persians fight at a narrow pass.

If Denver can just avoid turning the ball over, they should be in ok shape.

TripleTilde
01-31-2014, 02:15 PM
Marshawn Lynch has had better career than Knowshon ...but he's not "better" by that much if at all

He had less than 4 yards per carry in 9 of 16 games.

cmhargrove
01-31-2014, 02:22 PM
Right now, I would definitely take their defensive ends (as pass rushers) and Safeties over ours. Many of ther other guys are a little more system-dependent (LB corps for example). Trevathan has been incredible in coverage and a pretty exceptional tackler. Woodyard has had an off season, but could come up big in this game. DRC and Chris Harris are just as good as their corners in single-man coverage. I think the whole "Sherman mystique" changes somewhat if he plays on another team without an all-pro safety covering over the top.

They are a great team, but I don't see how you give a nod to anyone on their offense over our offense. Lynch over Moreno might be the only exception, but once again, that's relatively system dependent. I'm not sure Lynch is cereberal enough to handle a Manning lead no-huddle offense.

oubronco
01-31-2014, 02:25 PM
Not just him though. When Irvin said he'd take Sherman in his prime over Champ in his... I literally turned off the TV. This hype is out of control.

The time has come for our O to abuse him

Chrissy Rules
01-31-2014, 02:41 PM
why the media is acting like it is clear Seattle has a better roster with more talent aside from Manning. On the Herd (Colin picked Denver) they basically said players 2-53 Seattle was clearly better. Heard it in several other places too and I don't agree.

I feel like we have better WR's, a better TE, and a better OL. Not sure their D-Line is that much better than our's. They get us at LB and the secondary.

Am I wrong?

no you are not..they are going with the old cliché that defense wins championships. and you got a few going on about the weather. then a few more going on about Peyton and the playoffs...but at the end of the day this year DID THE DENVER BRONCOS EVER NEED THE MEDIADS VALIDATION FOR ANYTHING THEY HAVE DONE.....hell no and they don't need it now...!Booya!

strafen
01-31-2014, 02:59 PM

you've got to be ****in' kidding me!
Lynch is far better RB than Moreno by a long shot.
Come on, now!

strafen
01-31-2014, 03:01 PM
Seattle is tough opponent. Make no mistake about it, and for those who underestimate their defense, you guys are joke.
Seahawks defense is legit, and they're for real...

It's going to take all we've got to beat them, and then some...

Jetmeck
01-31-2014, 04:16 PM
Seattle is tough opponent. Make no mistake about it, and for those who underestimate their defense, you guys are joke.

You had best look at who the almighty HAWKS defense built their stats
on.............

Agamemnon
01-31-2014, 04:28 PM
I'm just saying I feel like we are clearly better at a couple positions. So for people to act like Seattle is clearly a better team aside from QB doesn't seem right to me.

I think it's true when you factor in injuries, but it's not a massive gap. And really, comparing rosters minus the QBs? That's just dumb.

Agamemnon
01-31-2014, 04:31 PM

We are going to win by double digits. Not because their defense isn't good, but because our offense is great.

winstoncup bronco
01-31-2014, 04:54 PM

http://media.giphy.com/media/lKZEeXJGhU1d6/giphy.gif

winstoncup bronco
01-31-2014, 05:18 PM
One thing that has surprised me most about this Super Bowl is the unbelievable bias the media has towards Seattle/against Denver, especially NFLN and even NFL radio. We've all seen and heard it, so no need filling up a post with more of the same, but it has been nothing short of remarkable. Even watching Total Access right now, it's comical.

DenverDynamite
01-31-2014, 05:45 PM
One thing that has surprised me most about this Super Bowl is the unbelievable bias the media has towards Seattle/against Denver, especially NFLN and even NFL radio. We've all seen and heard it, so no need filling up a post with more of the same, but it has been nothing short of remarkable. Even watching Total Access right now, it's comical.

Well, we can't claim east-coast bias on this one. I haven't watched a lot of pre-Super Bowl coverage over the years so I cannot say whether or not this is par for the course. I think ultimately the Broncos are simply a boring team from a media perspective. We don't have retarded nick-names nor do we have mouthy, pre-Madonna players. That, and perhaps they are simply hyping an inferior opponent.

Houshyamama
01-31-2014, 05:58 PM
When Irvin said he'd take Sherman in his prime over Champ in his... I literally turned off the TV. This hype is out of control.

Oh God, please let the game start. I can't stand this ****.

Archer81
01-31-2014, 06:02 PM
Just seems to be the way of things this post season.

San Diego was hot, knew how to beat us, and did previously in the season. Their running game was lethal, we cant stop the run. Rivers will shred our secondary and frustrate Manning. They lost.

New England is New England. They came back from a 24-0 deficit. Brady. Belichek. Blount is a beast, 166 yards and 4 tds against the Colts? Denver can't stop them. Manning is only 4-10 vs the Patriots all time. Edleman is Welker 2.0, we cant cover him. We wont be able to get pressure on him. Sure, sure our defense did a good job the week before but that was just the Chargers. NE will press Denver's WR's and they wont win those battles. They lost.

Now we come to Seattle. We have "never seen a defense like this". Sherman is the best corner to ever corner in the history of cornering. Seattle's run game is just way too good. Denver's defense wont be able to contain Wilson. Wilson has large hands. They rotate their defensive linemen, Manning will get hurt by this superstar defense. Manning can't play in the cold, and the only place that ever gets cold in February is East Rutherford, New Jersey. They will lose.

This has the smell of the Denver-Atlanta Superbowl. We know how that turned out.

So **** Seattle, the 12th man (Est. 2011), the completely queered out uniform they wear. Denver will **** them up.

:Broncos:

Kaylore
01-31-2014, 06:06 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WTr5TkwdQd0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

errand
01-31-2014, 06:08 PM
He had less than 4 yards per carry in 9 of 16 games.

My point exactly....the only reason he is considered "better" is if you look at their careers.....this season however...I'd take Moreno over Lynch.

DenverDynamite
01-31-2014, 06:10 PM

San Diego was hot, knew how to beat us, and did previously in the season. Their running game was lethal, we cant stop the run. Rivers will shred our secondary and frustrate Manning. They lost.

New England is New England. They came back from a 24-0 deficit. Brady. Belichek. Blount is a beast, 166 yards and 4 tds against the Colts? Denver can't stop them. Manning is only 4-10 vs the Patriots all time. Edleman is Welker 2.0, we cant cover him. We wont be able to get pressure on him. Sure, sure our defense did a good job the week before but that was just the Chargers. NE will press Denver's WR's and they wont win those battles. They lost.

Now we come to Seattle. We have "never seen a defense like this". Sherman is the best corner to ever corner in the history of cornering. Seattle's run game is just way too good. Denver's defense wont be able to contain Wilson. Wilson has large hands. They rotate their defensive linemen, Manning will get hurt by this superstar defense. Manning can't play in the cold, and the only place that ever gets cold in February is East Rutherford, New Jersey. They will lose.

This has the smell of the Denver-Atlanta Superbowl. We know how that turned out.

So **** Seattle, the 12th man (Est. 2011), the completely queered out uniform they wear. Denver will **** them up.

Great post. :thumbsup:

stoxman
01-31-2014, 06:15 PM
Come on, now!

RUSHING
Knowshon Moreno 241 1,038 4.3 31 10
Marshawn Lynch 301 1,257 4.2 43 12

RECEPTIONS
Knowshon Moreno 60 548 9.1 35 3
Marshawn Lynch 36 316 8.8 55 2

You were saying?? These guys are pretty equal. Ball > Turbin

WolfpackGuy
01-31-2014, 06:18 PM
"Rawr! Denver should just fly home now and concede defeat!" - 85% of the analysts

You know, people that are actually paid to supposedly "analyze" football.

errand
01-31-2014, 06:23 PM
Come on, now!

Really?

Tale of the tape....

Moreno rushed for 1038 yds 4.3 ypc and 10 TD's
Lynch rushed for 1257 yards 4.2 ypc. and 12 TD's

Moreno caught 60 passes for 548 (9.1 per) 3 TD's
Lynch caught 36 passes for 318 (8.8) 2 TD's

Total yards - Moreno 1586 13 TD's and Lynch 1575 14 TD's.

cutthemdown
01-31-2014, 06:24 PM
People remember Tomy Romo throwing for a ton of yrds. They don't understand that defenses are a strange beast. IMO you can have a great defense with no great players lol. Not true on offense where you have to have top end talent.

On defense a group of guys playing together can go on a run. IMO last couple weeks of the season, and first 2 games in the playoffs the Broncos defense is playing very well.

Ayers probably our best run defending dend and him playing more has helped the run defense. Also the rookie Williams at DT got thrown into the fire and really struggled at first.

No though when Williams gets into the game I think he is starting to look disruptive to they guy blocking him.

Travatheon has become the best linebacker and Champ Bailey is back.

Broncos can stop this Seahawk offense and hold them to 20 points.

cutthemdown
01-31-2014, 06:26 PM
Lynch has done it more years in a row then Moreno, and doesn't have Manning at QB, so the nod still goes to Lynch.

That doesn't mean our running game isn't just as effective though.

cutthemdown
01-31-2014, 06:26 PM
"Rawr! Denver should just fly home now and concede defeat!" - 85% of the analysts

You know, people that are actually paid to supposedly "analyze" football.

Seems to me more people are picking Denver. Lot's of players have picked the Seahawks though, i did notice that.

strafen
01-31-2014, 07:06 PM
Really?

Tale of the tape....

Moreno rushed for 1038 yds 4.3 ypc and 10 TD's
Lynch rushed for 1257 yards 4.2 ypc. and 12 TD's

Moreno caught 60 passes for 548 (9.1 per) 3 TD's
Lynch caught 36 passes for 318 (8.8) 2 TD's

Total yards - Moreno 1586 13 TD's and Lynch 1575 14 TD's.I'm not arguing that Moreno has had a break-out year, and I'm happy for him, but that doesn't put him in the category of Marshall Lynch

If you're comparing each player's stats for this year, I can concede how comparable they both are, but at the end of the day, you put Lynch on our team and makes us a lot better, you put Moreno on the Seahawks and he will not have the same impact that Lynch has...
Lynch has been performing at a high level for quite a while, the guy is a force to be reckoned with...

extralife
01-31-2014, 07:22 PM
we have six important players on IR. the seahawks have no one. if you want to talk about talent, that's the difference. that's the argument for them being considered a deeper team.

andyh64000
01-31-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm not arguing that Moreno has had a break-out year, and I'm happy for him, but that doesn't put him in the category of Marshall Lynch

If you're comparing each player's stats for this year, I can concede how comparable they both are, but at the end of the day, you put Lynch on our team and makes us a lot better, you put Moreno on the Seahawks and he will not have the same impact that Lynch has...
Lynch has been performing at a high level for quite a while, the guy is a force to be reckoned with...

Plus, it is a hell of a lot harder to run when the other defense knows that you are going to run.

errand
01-31-2014, 07:58 PM
Plus, it is a hell of a lot harder to run when the other defense knows that all you can do is run.

FYP

BroncoFanDoug
01-31-2014, 09:10 PM
Meh compare the offenses, Seattle has maybe 1 lineman that could play for us and the RBs are asked to fill very different roles. Lynch is certainly more likely to get 3rd and 2 on his own and Moreno is more likely to get 7 coming out of the backfield. The data says it is a push but whatever.

It's a silly conversation. sawks O is middling and we are comparing it to an historic O.

gunns
01-31-2014, 09:19 PM

I've seen the same thing. I did wonder if it was bias on my part to notice that but I've had fans of other teams say the same thing. I just turn the channel now when it's on. But one thing that has really irritated me is when they show old SB's they always seem to show the 2006 SB when Manning won. I love Peyton, couldn't thank him enough for what he's done for the Broncos but this is the Denver Broncos playing, not just him. Basically how I see it, this Sunday we will be watching the Seattle Defense against Peyton Manning.

errand
01-31-2014, 09:21 PM
don't worry...after this game the entire football watching world will know who the Denver Broncos are

rolandftw
02-01-2014, 12:11 AM
about 55% are picking the Broncos, so don't really think most of this thread is accurate at all. It's expected to be a close game, I think.

itswutz4dinna
02-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Right now, I would definitely take their defensive ends (as pass rushers) and Safeties over ours. Many of ther other guys are a little more system-dependent (LB corps for example). Trevathan has been incredible in coverage and a pretty exceptional tackler. Woodyard has had an off season, but could come up big in this game. DRC and Chris Harris are just as good as their corners in single-man coverage. I think the whole "Sherman mystique" changes somewhat if he plays on another team without an all-pro safety covering over the top.

They are a great team, but I don't see how you give a nod to anyone on their offense over our offense. Lynch over Moreno might be the only exception, but once again, that's relatively system dependent. I'm not sure Lynch is cereberal enough to handle a Manning lead no-huddle offense.

I'll give them safeties and DE's. Linebackers too close to call. I'll take our DT's, CB's, OL, WR, TE, QB, and RB's. I think I would go with Moreno over Lynch all day (Ball vs. Turbin is a joke). Moreno and Lynch are similar running the ball while Moreno blows him away at everything else.

itswutz4dinna
02-01-2014, 12:23 AM
I'm not arguing that Moreno has had a break-out year, and I'm happy for him, but that doesn't put him in the category of Marshall Lynch

Lynch has been in the league two extra years. He didn't exactly light it up for the Bills.

itswutz4dinna
02-01-2014, 12:28 AM
Plus, it is a hell of a lot harder to run when the other defense knows that you are going to run.

Also when running out of shotgun...

strafen
02-01-2014, 12:47 AM
I'll give them safeties and DE's. Linebackers too close to call. I'll take our DT's, CB's, OL, WR, TE, QB, and RB's. I think I would go with Moreno over Lynch all day (Ball vs. Turbin is a joke). Moreno and Lynch are similar running the ball while Moreno blows him away at everything else.

Do me a favor, take your orange color glasses off and try to make some sense.
You're saying some very ridiculous statements man. I'm a bronco fan just as much as the next guy, but you're bordering the ridiculous, man...

strafen
02-01-2014, 12:51 AM
Lynch has been in the league two extra years. He didn't exactly light it up for the Bills.

So, Lynch is a fraud then?
Explain to me what you're trying to say...
You can't compare Moreno to Lynch, period!
One is a serviceable good blocking back, having a great year, and the other one (Lynch) is a impact game-changing player...

Arkie
02-01-2014, 01:03 AM
DT, Decker, Julius, and Welker have each caught at least 10 TDs. No Seattle player has more than 5 TD catches. They can give all the credit to Peyton. The bottom line is Denver with Peyton simply has more weapons than Seattle.

Doggcow
02-01-2014, 02:53 AM
One is a serviceable good blocking back, having a great year, and the other one (Lynch) is a impact game-changing player...

Pretty sure Knowshon's 26 yard run on 3rd and 10 was game-changing in the Championship.

After that I KNEW it was over.

Doggcow
02-01-2014, 02:54 AM
Do me a favor, take your orange color glasses off and try to make some sense.
You're saying some very ridiculous statements man. I'm a bronco fan just as much as the next guy, but you're bordering the ridiculous, man...

How can you still talk with Lynch's cock so far down your throat?

Lynch is good. Moreno is good.

Lynch isn't some world beater like AP. He's just not.

bpc
02-01-2014, 04:41 AM

Am I wrong?

Apparently Seattle should own every match up against our defense according to NFL network. We shouldn't even bother showing up. We don't have anybody skilled enough to cover Harvin and Lynch should rush for 300 yds this game. Wilson should complete 80% of his passes against this sorry set of DBS....

Also the Seahawks defensive line which has all of 3 sacks this postseason and 7 the past four games is going to get to Manning in record time every play, against the OL that has given up the fewest sacks in the league.

You'd think this is 89' all over again and it's Manning dragging the broncos into the game. We are outmatched at every position, apparently. Hope the broncos watch this crap long enough to develop a huge chip on their shoulders.

andyh64000
02-01-2014, 06:51 AM
Also when running out of shotgun...

No...it isn't harder running out of a shotgun when the other team expects a pass.

Atwater His Ass
02-01-2014, 08:06 AM
Lynch vs. Moreno is a push. They are both better fits for their respective teams. The reason you hear so much about Lynch it's because he's the only weapon they got.

Its just been compounded this week because Lynch has a fear of public speaking so of course reporters think that's a "story". Much like when the Broncos OL never talked to the media, but that was a choice, not forced by fear.

TerrElway
02-01-2014, 08:31 AM

It's funny because those were all the reasons given as to why SD/NE were going to beat Denver. Now those same pundits are saying Seattle will win because they ran the playoff gauntlet against the greatest teams of all time (NO and SF) while Denver "squeaked by" a 9-7 Chargers team and beat a seriously under-manned and over-achieving Patriots team that had no business being there. It's sweet how they twisted the narrative and figured no one would notice. It's like listening to political radio/TV.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
02-01-2014, 09:13 AM

:Broncos: oh nooes seattle cant use the 12th crap outside of their region
Under the current agreement, Texas A&M placed several limitations on the Seahawks’ use of its 12th Man mark. One of those limitations was a regional limitation, which only allows the Seahawks to use the trademark in Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah and Washington. While the Seahawks cannot sell merchandise bearing the words “12th Man,” the organization can distribute promotional materials in those states bearing the trademark. The inclusion of such restraints by Texas A&M demonstrates the school’s desire to limit the reach of the Seahawks’ use of the trademark.
12th man ©2014 Texas A&M
http://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciajessop/2014/01/31/texas-am-stands-to-earn-more-in-upcoming-12th-man-trademark-licensing-negotiations-as-seahawks-exposure-rises/

Rohirrim
02-01-2014, 09:25 AM

Bingo! The Seachickens are about to fall into the PFM woodchipper.

itswutz4dinna
02-01-2014, 11:27 AM

I'm saying it is stupid to factor in previous seasons when comparing the two, especially when Lynch had a slow start to his career too. The Bills obviously didn't think he was an impact game-changer when they benched him and traded him for a 4th.

Moreno, Lynch, and AP are the angriest runners in the league. But Moreno is also a much more complete back than Lynch is. The only thing Lynch has on him is he plays more snaps (Moreno gets tired easily for some reason), but that is more than neutralized by the fact that Ball has played so well.