PDA

View Full Version : Derek Wolfe, Rahim Moore arrive for Super Bowl

Gutless Drunk
01-30-2014, 04:12 PM
Here’s some encouraging health news. Derek Wolfe and Rahim Moore, starters on the Denver defense who experienced unusual medical setbacks that ended their season, were cleared to fly Thursday and have joined the Broncos here for the rest of Super Bowl week.

It’s the first time the players have flown on a team-related matter since their ailments. Moore has been out since undergoing emergency surgery Nov. 18 to repair a circulatory condition in his lower left leg called lateral compartment syndrome.

Wolfe has been out since suffering a seizure-like episode on Nov. 29 as the Broncos were busing to DIA and a road trip to Kansas City.

“Tell people I’m feeling better,” Wolfe said. “And I feel terrible I’m not playing.”

Both players are expected to back at full strength next season.

Moore and Wolfe joined the group of Bronco players on season-ending injured reserve who arrived here for the rest of Super Bowl week. The IR group also includes Von Miller, Ryan Clady, Kevin Vickerson and Chris Harris.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/01/30/derek-wolfe-rahim-moore-arrive-super-bowl/26098/

Paladin
01-30-2014, 04:17 PM
Good news.

TripleTilde
01-30-2014, 04:20 PM
They weren't going to let Hillman have all the fun.

crush17
01-30-2014, 04:21 PM
Thanks for posting, Gutless

Requiem
01-30-2014, 04:23 PM
It ain't a party until the Methwolfe arrives.

AWOOOOOOOO!

hambone13
01-30-2014, 04:28 PM
It ain't a party until the Methwolfe arrives.

AWOOOOOOOO!

Here's to the Methwolf setting the SeaCocks up with a little of this after the victory...

ZONA
01-30-2014, 04:33 PM
Great news, hope both can make it back healthy for next year. Will be a big year for Moore. He simply has to improve more. He's not bad but nothing special either. He needs to take it to another level or get replaced. Not sure what to say about Wolfe since we never really knew what was going on. What weight will he play at and all those things are still questions marks so hard for me to say if he's going to be a DE only or the combo player he was before were he was a DE in base but played DT in a sub package.

bfoflcommish
01-30-2014, 04:34 PM
Thats weird I just heard Harris on local radio tuesday talking about how he is in Denver and wished he was there for team??

Lestat
01-30-2014, 04:35 PM
Good, means both should be ready for the next season.

DomCasual
01-30-2014, 04:37 PM
Man, I feel bad for Wolfe. What a strange year he's had.

"And I feel terrible I'm not playing."

I wonder if we'll ever know the full story of what happened.

We feel bad, too, Derek. We could really use you!

Requiem
01-30-2014, 04:41 PM
Thats weird I just heard Harris on local radio tuesday talking about how he is in Denver and wished he was there for team??

When they roll Derek up there in his wheelchair and Rahim hobbles on the sideline in his gimp boot -- they will know that they need to win.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-30-2014, 04:51 PM
I'd like to know what's really going on with Wolfe.

pricejj
01-30-2014, 04:54 PM
When they roll Derek up there in his wheelchair and Rahim hobbles on the sideline in his gimp boot -- they will know that they need to win.

Still can't believe you said that Wolfe will only have a 3 year career. You should be forced to make your own batch of meth, and smoke it all in one sitting. Whatever happens, happens.

OldschoolFreak
01-30-2014, 04:56 PM
Has Rahim been put on IR yet or does he still have his designation to return. Seems like a foregone conclusion he won't play but I'm curious as to why it hasn't been formally announced yet. Did I just miss it?

Bronco Yoda
Good for them.

Man this has been one strange season.

The team was gutted with injuries this season. Think of how deep we should be next year with all the players that had to step up and gained valuable experience.

Requiem
Still can't believe you said that Wolfe will only have a 3 year career. You should be forced to make your own batch of meth, and smoke it all in one sitting. Whatever happens, happens.

He almost died during his second year, I may prove to be right.

Lestat
01-30-2014, 04:59 PM

So long as he is healthy I really don't care what happened.
This does remind of Tracy Porter a bit though, not in terms of the team souring on him but that it seemed to take forever to find out what really went down.

Lestat
01-30-2014, 04:59 PM

That is so ****ed up man. LOL

HILife
01-30-2014, 05:09 PM
good to hear.

Requiem
01-30-2014, 05:12 PM

Pituitary Cancer.

errand
01-30-2014, 05:44 PM

Well you're a doctor...you tell us, man! LOL

backup qb
01-30-2014, 05:47 PM
So long as he is healthy I really don't care what happened.
This does remind of Tracy Porter a bit though, not in terms of the team souring on him but that it seemed to take forever to find out what really went down.

What did happen with Porter? I must've missed it..

ZONA
01-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Has Rahim been put on IR yet or does he still have his designation to return. Seems like a foregone conclusion he won't play but I'm curious as to why it hasn't been formally announced yet. Did I just miss it?

You missed it - he was placed on IR a few weeks ago.

Vegas_Bronco
01-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Good news...scary to think that you could lose 2 players a year to life altering injuries in the NFL.

Broncos_OTM
01-30-2014, 07:17 PM
Both are turning into some of my current favorite broncos. I know von had said he was going to postpone his surgery if the broncos made the super bowl so he could go. any word on that?

pricejj
01-30-2014, 07:38 PM

Congrat's on almost predicting someone's death, because an idiot Seahawk player hit him as hard as he could, in a defenseless position, in the preseason.

Dukes
01-30-2014, 07:46 PM
The IR group also includes Von Miller, Ryan Clady, Kevin Vickerson and Chris Harris.

Pretty amazing what this team has accomplished with these guys out.

Jesterhole
01-30-2014, 07:58 PM
Tough to feel sorry for professional athletes, but I do feel for a man who gets injured the year your team goes to the Super Bowl.

At least we'll still have a bunch of really good, hungry players after we win this one.

Lestat
01-30-2014, 08:02 PM
What did happen with Porter? I must've missed it..

Wasn't it that he pissed of JDR and lost the trust of the staff.
We know he had seizures but that was treated and he was pissed about being benched.

KipCorrington25
01-31-2014, 12:15 AM
Good as long as it doesn't come down to a hail mary with Moore on the field...

sgbfan
01-31-2014, 06:21 AM
Congrat's on almost predicting someone's death, because an idiot Seahawk player hit him as hard as he could, in a defenseless position, in the preseason.

Thanks for reminding me of another reason I hate Seattle. Cheap shots in a preseason game. Kick their ***es Sunday Broncos!

sgbfan
01-31-2014, 06:23 AM
Pretty amazing what this team has accomplished with these guys out.

Stay healthy, get a couple good FA and good picks in the draft and we're looking at a pretty good 2014 team.

OldschoolFreak
01-31-2014, 12:52 PM
You missed it - he was placed on IR a few weeks ago.

Really? Do you have a source? Because according to the official site, he's still on "designated to return" status as of today. http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster.html

Not to be too much of a crazy conspiracy theorist but it would be awesome if he surprisingly suited up and was available for deep centerfield play as the Broncos (successfully!) prevent a late comeback attempt.