PDA

View Full Version : The No Huddle Offense

long beach bronco
01-30-2014, 01:43 PM
The Seahags do an excellent job of rotating their linemen in and out to keep them fresh so that their line stays dominant throughout games. Peyton will put some extreme pressure on that scheme of things come Sunday. I see the Broncos coming out in an all out assault with the no huddle preventing the hags from rotating, therefore gassing that front line to the point they are not a factor. This will be a key ingredient to our victory come Sunday night.

Jekyll15Hyde
01-30-2014, 01:47 PM
I expect a no huddle that takes most of the play clock while still allowing for little to no substitutions.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-30-2014, 01:58 PM
This is the thing lots of analysts arent talking about and im not sure why.

TD4HOF
01-30-2014, 01:59 PM
Have the Seahawks faced a no huddle-ish team this year?

crush17
01-30-2014, 02:01 PM
Have the Seahawks faced a no huddle-ish team this year?

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/you-got-served-the-tempo-problem

Good read.

long beach bronco
01-30-2014, 02:02 PM
They faced Indy who runs the no-huddle at times, and they lost that game.

Kaylore
01-30-2014, 02:13 PM
They faced Indy who runs the no-huddle at times, and they lost that game.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/2PYiasdBC7k?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/2PYiasdBC7k?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

hades
01-30-2014, 02:20 PM
I expect a mix of the no huddle and a fast pace for quick scores (a few of these), but mostly, no huddle and a clock chewing, grind it out long drive for points.

Sly_Eli
01-30-2014, 02:21 PM
as someone mentioned here earlier, it will be interesting to see to what extent the Hawks try to counteract this by feigning injury.

long beach bronco
01-30-2014, 02:22 PM
The No Huddle will be Seattle's kryptonite, and no one will talk about it until the game is going on. They'll say, "uh oh, we forget about this strategy."

frerottenextelway
01-30-2014, 02:40 PM
Can Peyton run the no huddle in the cold, against a beast like Sherman, when it's windy in an important game?

crush17
01-30-2014, 02:42 PM
Can Peyton run the no huddle in the cold, against a beast like Sherman, when it's windy in an important game?

not sure if serious

Rausch 2.0
01-30-2014, 02:46 PM
Honestly I think the Payed-a-Ton no huddle is the best way to best the Squawks defense.
Their front four are respectable but by no means impressive.

You keep those talented athletes in the secondary running around all game long and they'll tire.

Manning use to do it in Indi where he'd audible and then send 3 deep and hand off. Not because they needed a deep play, not to trick them into a run, just to make those guys in the secondary run so they were tired when he did need that big bomb...

DENVERDUI55
01-30-2014, 02:50 PM
Hurry up and wait is what I expect.

Jekyll15Hyde
01-30-2014, 03:03 PM
Honestly I think the Payed-a-Ton no huddle is the best way to best the Squawks defense.

You keep those talented athletes in the secondary running around all game long and they'll tire.

Manning use to do it in Indi where he'd audible and then send 3 deep and hand off. Not because they needed a deep play, not to trick them into a run, just to make those guys in the secondary run so they were tired when he did need that big bomb...

Cant believed this is still mentioned... Just the top tier

ZONA
01-30-2014, 03:11 PM
I think we've finally gotten to the point now where every possible thing to talk about this game has at least 3 or 4 posts about it.

cutthemdown
01-30-2014, 06:25 PM
I expect a no huddle that takes most of the play clock while still allowing for little to no substitutions.

This. It's so obvious Seattle better be practicing with dlineman dicks in the dirt for 30 seconds before each snap.

If Broncos don't try it Fox is an idiot.

Have Mannning call the plays at the LOS and make Seattle leave one defensive grouping on the field at a time.

I would prefer the nascar package because we can run on that easier IMO.

Seattle's offense not that explosive IMO. If we limit their chances they might only score 20 points.

cutthemdown
01-30-2014, 06:26 PM

Considering what lessor qbs are making his contract seems like a bargain.

long beach bronco
01-31-2014, 02:26 PM
After Sunday nights no-huddle party against the seachicks, I predict that next season, a lot of teams are going to try and run the no-huddle.

Sly_Eli
01-31-2014, 02:28 PM
I think we've finally gotten to the point now where every possible thing to talk about this game has at least 3 or 4 posts about it.

yup. Only 48 hours left.

BigPlayShay
01-31-2014, 02:32 PM
Seattle: Opponent Splits by Snap Type & Huddle

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=pfr&url=%2Fteams%2Fsea%2F2013_opp_splits.htm&div=div_snap_type_splits"></script>

ludo21
01-31-2014, 02:47 PM
gotta keep the ball off the ground to no huddle.

and yes we will RUN THEM OFF THE FIELD!!

baja
01-31-2014, 02:48 PM
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/you-got-served-the-tempo-problem

Good read.

This could be a really big deal;

IAOFM - "Let me tell you about the Seattle front four, briefly. Their base guys are very good run players, and their pass rush guys are very good pass rushers. If you flip them, though, you can have a lot of success throwing against the run guys and running against the pass guys. That's one thing that the Colts did that was very noticeable."

Rabb
01-31-2014, 02:48 PM
After Sunday nights no-huddle party against the seachicks, I predict that next season, a lot of teams are going to try and run the no-huddle.

Oh I think a lot of teams would love to, it's that whole having a QB that can do it thing that stops them.

Doggcow
01-31-2014, 02:57 PM
Seattle: Opponent Splits by Snap Type & Huddle

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=pfr&url=%2Fteams%2Fsea%2F2013_opp_splits.htm&div=div_snap_type_splits"></script>

Am I reading this right? That they give up way more vs the no huddle?

enjolras
01-31-2014, 02:59 PM
They don't have a dominant defensive line. It's not in the top 5 of teams we played this season.

BigPlayShay
01-31-2014, 03:02 PM
Am I reading this right? That they give up way more vs the no huddle?

Well, the first observation is how little of it they have faced, only 69 snaps. but, yes, They have not performed as well against no huddle. 2nd highest yards per rush (first is out of shotgun, which is most likely a good portion of these no huddle snaps). Highest yards per attempted pass given up, and highest QB rating. Also, best TD/INT ratio.

It's a very small sample size, but that is a good thing for the Broncos in that they haven't faced it hardly at all, and when they did they struggled.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-31-2014, 03:07 PM
You never know what happens in football games, fumbles, picks, etc, but if its a pretty clean game, this will be the story of why the Broncos offense has success. Youre facing a D that relies on subbing and is NOT used to playing at a fast pace with an offense that has mastered a no-huddle fast paced led by a Peyton Manning that has had two weeks to find weakness in your zone.

nyuk nyuk
01-31-2014, 03:09 PM
This is the thing lots of analysts arent talking about and im not sure why.

Because they aren't that great?

Agamemnon
01-31-2014, 03:20 PM
Between the no-huddle and the fact that their defense is relatively simple to read pre-snap, I really don't get how anyone could think this matchup is favorable to their defense. They have a lot of great players on defense, so we probably don't light them up for 40+, but in terms of X's and O's it does not look good for them.

andyh64000
01-31-2014, 03:29 PM
Well, the first observation is how little of it they have faced, only 69 snaps. but, yes, They have not performed as well against no huddle. 2nd highest yards per rush (first is out of shotgun, which is most likely a good portion of these no huddle snaps). Highest yards per attempted pass given up, and highest QB rating. Also, best TD/INT ratio.

It's a very small sample size, but that is a good thing for the Broncos in that they haven't faced it hardly at all, and when they did they struggled.

This is probably because they have faced it while in a prevent defense making the stats worthless.

BigPlayShay
01-31-2014, 03:31 PM
This is probably because they have faced it while in a prevent defense making the stats worthless.

Does not discount the fact that they have seen very little of it.

andyh64000
01-31-2014, 03:34 PM
Does not discount the fact that they have seen very little of it.

That is true.

Jetmeck
01-31-2014, 04:20 PM

Nice take from a Chefs fan.

Serious question. Since you saw the reality of a so called GREAT defense dropping into middle of the road when it started playing better offenses what is your take for this game ?

Serious question, no offense meant.

CEH
01-31-2014, 04:32 PM
One thing Peyton is is patient . He learn from the first NE game not to rely totally on a running game the other team is giving you but The No Huddle should eliminate either Mebane or Bryant from the equation and depending on how SEA wants to cover open up the running lanes.

oubronco
01-31-2014, 05:21 PM
Just have faith fellas we got this

cutthemdown
01-31-2014, 06:18 PM
They don't have a dominant defensive line. It's not in the top 5 of teams we played this season.

Which is why I prefer the NASCAR package they use on passing downs. I don't think even they are good enough to get to Manning with 4 rushers. He throws the ball too quick, our lineman playing too well.

Get that small unit out there and run it down their throats until the have no choice but to put a safety in the BOX.

After that it's Manning time.

Old Dude
01-31-2014, 06:27 PM
If Seattle has to choose a unit to stay on the field vs the no huddle, I suspect they might try to compromise, putting their run stoppers on the Vasquez/Franklin side and their pass rushers vs. Beadles and Clark.

From what I recall off the top of my head, most of Denver's running success has come on the right side of that O-Line. And if there is any guy they'd want to test against a pass rush, it would probably be Clark.

The one thing I'm fairly sure about is that they will not leave their "fat guys" in the game against the no-huddle. They have to know that if they don't get pressure on Manning, its over no matter who they have in the secondary.

cutthemdown
01-31-2014, 06:31 PM
If Seattle has to choose a unit to stay on the field vs the no huddle, I suspect they might try to compromise, putting their run stoppers on the Vasquez/Franklin side and their pass rushers vs. Beadles and Clark.

From what I recall off the top of my head, most of Denver's running success has come on the right side of that O-Line. And if there is any guy they'd want to test against a pass rush, it would probably be Clark.

The one thing I'm fairly sure about is that they will not leave their "fat guys" in the game against the no-huddle. They have to know that if they don't get pressure on Manning, its over no matter who they have in the secondary.

Here is the hole in that theory. It's 3rd and 1, Broncos are at the 50 yrd line. Seattle has to put in the short yardage unit. If we convert boom we go no huddle. It's hard to know when the Broncos will go no huddle so almost impossibe to prepare for it. You just have to wing it when it happens and wait until you stop them to substitute.

Old Dude
01-31-2014, 06:52 PM
In your hypothetical, the fat guys sometimes win the battle on 3d and 1 (or else the pass fails), so that takes care of about half of it.

The other half is that you either injure one of the Broncos with a cheap shot (ask Wolfe about that), or have one of the fat guys fake an injury on the next play.

andyh64000
01-31-2014, 07:10 PM

I am curious as to the at least 5 defensive lines that you played that were better than Seattle's.

Broncos_OTM
01-31-2014, 08:16 PM

Manning use to do it in Indi where he'd audible and then send 3 deep and hand off. Not because they needed a deep play, not to trick them into a run, just to make those guys in the secondary run so they were tired when he did need that big bomb...Worth every penny too. I suspect you'd feel he was worth it too if you had the opportunity to win a superbowl

broncocalijohn
01-31-2014, 08:29 PM

LOL! Stupid Chiefs fan still referring Manning as Payed-a-Ton like it was so wrong to do so. Hey idiot, we are in the SB because of Peyton. What a big ****ing retard. I am not sure if KCDud would go this route.

BroncoFanDoug
01-31-2014, 08:43 PM
I think the no-huddle will cause sawks problems. From what I can garner, they have 2 distinctly dif D-lines and one is very good at rushing and the other is very good at stopping the run. But neither is that good in the other role. And I think it is more than likely that PFM is aware of this.

Makes me think that we will see some drives that feature runs and fast crossing patterns and others that will see longer developing plays to hit deep. And the way sawks play D they are susceptible to big plays if the QB is given time - the way I understand it is they hit receivers at the line and then retreat to a 3 zone. That works ok if there is not enough time for the QB, but it is very dangerous if there is time because it is much easier to get behind a press D coverage.

Anyways, very excited! very nervous! Dang just get the game here!!!

GO BRONCOS!!

long beach bronco
01-31-2014, 09:14 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing this unfold on the field, and what seattle will do to combat it. I want to see a gassed out hawk defense in the fourth quarter with no answer for the no-huddle.