PDA

View Full Version : Wish we still had Brandon Marshall for this game, he owns Sherman

Willynowei
01-30-2014, 10:30 AM
He owns Seattle and ****s on Richard Sherman every time they meet.

I think he had almost 200 yards this game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL3Qmg920QY

And the first play of this video is just funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16qhwX26vOA

Hopefully DT can do something similar to the Seattle defense this week.

crush17
01-30-2014, 10:32 AM
dude, he's already on the team!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/linebacker-brandon-marshall-promoted-by-denver-broncos-to-replace-injured-von-miller

Powderaddict
01-30-2014, 10:37 AM
DT > Brandon Marshall

TheReverend
01-30-2014, 10:44 AM
The more I watch Sherman, the more I think I'm being generous calling him #4

cutthemdown
01-30-2014, 10:48 AM
It's a joke how everywhere you look people are picking the hawks like broncos have no shot. It reminds me a lot of the Atl Superbowl where people reached to believe it would be a close game. Or the GB Superbowl where people laughed at Denver's chances.

I'm not worried the Broncos are going to blow the SeaChickens out.

Dedhed
01-30-2014, 10:49 AM
Brandon Marshall is a poor man's DT.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-30-2014, 10:51 AM
It's a joke how everywhere you look people are picking the hawks like broncos have no shot. It reminds me a lot of the Atl Superbowl where people reached to believe it would be a close game. Or the GB Superbowl where people laughed at Denver's chances.

I'm not worried the Broncos are going to blow the SeaChickens out.

A lot of people are picking us. But i find it odd that the vast majority of the media assumes their defense will control us (in a close game), but none assume that the Broncos high powered offense might continue to be high powered. I dunno what will happen, they don't either, but i see a lot more people assuming seattle will have their way than denver having theirs.

Ray Finkle
01-30-2014, 10:51 AM
The more I watch Sherman, the more I think I'm being generous calling him #4

how so? He does a lot of things very good. Even though a majority of his INT's have come against ****ty QB's.

hambone13
01-30-2014, 10:53 AM

His YAC is something to behold.

Powderaddict
01-30-2014, 10:55 AM
I love how the story is how great the Seahawks DB's are. They are very good, and have a legitimate bad ass defense. It's not going to be a walk in the park for Denver.

But we have so many weapons on offense. Every skill position is strong. The WR's compliment each other wonderfully. Moreno/Ball are great for this offense.

It's not like the CB's on our team are slouches. No one is talking about DRC/Champ's abilities. Most of the talk is about their future with the team, not their current production. DRC has had a great year, and I'd argue out of all the FA's facing the team, he is the most important. Losing Harris sucks, but Champ regaining his form about the same time helps offset that loss.

Seattle has great DB's, and as a unit, I agree they are better. But it's not like Denver has no talent. And they are not going up against the most dangerous offense the NFL has ever seen.

If Denver plays a clean game, I don't see how they lose. If they play clean, they should win walking away.

Dedhed
01-30-2014, 10:55 AM
A lot of people are picking us. But i find it odd that the vast majority of the media assumes their defense will control us (in a close game), but none assume that the Broncos high powered offense might continue to be high powered. I dunno what will happen, they don't either, but i see a lot more people assuming seattle will have their way than denver having theirs.

I can't believe the lack of attention being paid to Seattle's offense vs Denver's defense. It seems everyone thinks Lynch is some unstoppable force that will have his way regardless of what the Broncos defense does. No one has run on Denver in weeks, and in the playoffs the run D has been absolutley dominant; but not a word about it from the media.

I honestly think that unless we give them a short field with TOs, Seattle will struggle to score double digits.

Powderaddict
01-30-2014, 10:56 AM
His YAC is something to behold.

DT is no slouch in YAC either.

Marshall dances around a lot more, DT just runs by you.

Willynowei
01-30-2014, 10:58 AM
agreed except for the idiots saying that DT is a better Marshall. If marshall played on this team he might break the TD record held by Moss.

TheReverend
01-30-2014, 10:59 AM
how so? He does a lot of things very good. Even though a majority of his INT's have come against ****ty QB's.

1. Doesn't travel
2. Is a mugger
3. Still manages to get beat fairly regularly when tested

IMO, I think the biggest strength of Sherman is late in the play, but you CAN lose him early

broncocalijohn
01-30-2014, 11:01 AM
If Marshall was on this team for the Superbowl, he would have been arrested for some battery charge at the team hotel, strip club or on the street. I don't know if he would have made it through the week.

Tombstone RJ
01-30-2014, 11:02 AM
no one is talking about Denver's defense. I really hope this pisses off Denver's defense. Zero respect.

errand
01-30-2014, 11:02 AM
I forgot the Bears are in the Super Bowl......

TheReverend
01-30-2014, 11:03 AM
no one is talking about Denver's defense. I really hope this pisses off Denver's defense. Zero respect.

With how badly Peyton and company are about to rape Seattle's defense, Denver's will look like the best D on the field that day.

Powderaddict
01-30-2014, 11:03 AM
agreed except for the idiots saying that DT is a better Marshall. If marshall played on this team he might break the TD record held by Moss.

How is saying DT is better than Marshall make me an "idiot"?

DT is faster, and every bit as strong. He splits catches with Decker, Welker, and JT. I doubt Marshall would be breaking any records with those other options available. Especially without Cutler heaving every desperation pass in his general direction.

No one is saying that Marshall isn't a good receiver. But I would take DT over Marshall.

TheReverend
01-30-2014, 11:04 AM

DT is faster, and every bit as strong. He's split catches with Decker, Welker, and JT. I doubt Marshall would be breaking any records with those other options available. Especially without Cutler heaving every desperation pass in his general direction.

No one is saying that Marshall isn't a good receiver. But I would take DT over Marshall.

I think Marshall plays bigger

...but he was able to refine those skills by beating various women, so advantage: Demaryius.

Powderaddict
01-30-2014, 11:06 AM

He does have more of a "killer instinct", but he's made plenty of boneheaded plays along the way.

I'd still take DT, he's less of a distraction. Although Marshall has made progress in that area.

Br0nc0Buster
01-30-2014, 11:08 AM
I'd rather have DT
We have OJ for moving the chains and using his big body to box out defenders

DT offers more as a deep threat

Tombstone RJ
With how badly Peyton and company are about to rape Seattle's defense, Denver's will look like the best D on the field that day.

I really hope Knighton just man handles Seattles center. He was flinging guys around in the SD and NE game, super quick, just ripping through guys. I really hope guys like Knighton, Phillips, Jackson and Ayers (and Sly too) all have "something to prove".

Willynowei

DT is faster, and every bit as strong. He's split catches with Decker, Welker, and JT. I doubt Marshall would be breaking any records with those other options available. Especially without Cutler heaving every desperation pass in his general direction.

If you watch the difference in route running and high pointing between them, their technique and application of their size, and come to the conclusion that DT is better, you're being an idiot.

Splitting catches on 50+ attempts from one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time is not an issue.

The fact is he's owned Seattle his whole career, and that's why it would be nice to have him.

Br0nc0Buster
01-30-2014, 11:10 AM
I remember DT owning Seattle in like his first game as a starter and only regular season game against them
That was when back Orton was tossing the rock though
And I don't think Sherman was on the team or at least a starter

errand
01-30-2014, 11:14 AM

Thomas plays on a team that has 3 other viable options where the QB could go to......but, if they traded teams tomorrow, they'd put up similar numbers. But I'll take the guy who doesn't get into trouble over the guy who makes you wonder "WTF were you thinking?"

nyuk nyuk
01-30-2014, 11:22 AM
Marshall is very talented but way too mentally unstable.

errand
01-30-2014, 11:42 AM
If you watch the difference in route running and high pointing between them, their technique and application of their size, and come to the conclusion that DT is better, you're being an idiot.

Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers are good QB's.......must mean I think Manning isn't.....whatever dude.

Splitting catches on 50+ attempts from one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time is not an issue.

Marshall wouldn't always be the primary target on the Broncos like he is on the Bears.....it's the nature of the offense, not an indictment on any player's talents

The fact is he's owned Seattle his whole career, and that's why it would be nice to have him.

LOL....like Thomas wouldn't? his lone game vs. the Seahawks he had 8 catches for 97 yards and a TD....with Kyle Orton as his QB. I bet the Bears could use a fan like you.

in bold

errand
01-30-2014, 11:50 AM
amazing how the pointy heads on ESPN are saying Wilson playing against the Seahawks defense helps him be the QB he is...but nothing about how the Broncos D playing against Peyton and the four horsemen makes them better ???

Irish Stout
01-30-2014, 12:04 PM
No.

TripleTilde
01-30-2014, 12:04 PM

I'm not sure Peyton makes that throw in the first video. But it is a good example of how guys get open if the QB has time.

The play in the second video wasn't against Sherman. That was from 2006.

Powderaddict
01-30-2014, 12:19 PM

There are things each do well. I never said Marshall was a poor receiver.

DT is as big, as strong, faster, and has a better head on his shoulders. I never said that DT is a much better WR.

Overall, the entire package, DT > Marshall. If building a team, and my choices are DT or Marshall at WR1, I'm going DT. It's an opinion, not a fact. I'm sure there are plenty that agree, and plenty that disagree.

Ray Finkle
01-30-2014, 12:25 PM

I wish I had your confidence on the offense. I think they'll be able to move the ball but don't see an explosion.

Kaylore
01-30-2014, 12:25 PM
What I take from that video is if you give your QB protection, all the corners in the world suddenly look average.

TheReverend
01-30-2014, 12:26 PM
I wish I had your confidence on the offense. I think they'll be able to move the ball but don't see an explosion.

All over their faces.

hambone13
01-30-2014, 12:32 PM

DT is faster, and every bit as strong. He splits catches with Decker, Welker, and JT. I doubt Marshall would be breaking any records with those other options available. Especially without Cutler heaving every desperation pass in his general direction.

I think Marshall still has the edge because he uses his body more effectively. DT plays like a little girl a lot of the time. It's almost like he's too nice or overly timid for his size and strength. He's more of a Reggie Wayne than he is a Steve Smith. I love having DT on the team but I wish he had a bit more of an aggressive edge.

Willynowei
01-30-2014, 12:42 PM
in bold

1.) Reread the thread if you can't comprehend the context.
2.) He's currently splitting redzone looks with a probowl receiver on a team that throws half as much.
3.) how much of that was against Sherman and how good was DT in general before Peyton threw him the ball?

broncolife
01-30-2014, 12:50 PM
I thought Colquitt had the punting job locked up

Powderaddict
01-30-2014, 12:55 PM
1.) Reread the thread if you can't comprehend the context.
2.) He's currently splitting redzone looks with a probowl receiver on a team that throws half as much.
3.) how much of that was against Sherman and how good was DT in general before Peyton threw him the ball?

DT was very productive in the second half of 2011 (after returning from his injury), and that was with Tebow throwing him the ball.

Edited: It's Bleacher Report, but these stats are pretty telling:

"Over the last seven games of the season, which includes Denver's two postseason appearances, Thomas hauled in an average of five receptions and over 100 receiving yards per game with four touchdowns during that stretch. According to Pro Football Focus, extrapolated over an entire season these numbers would equate to the second best fantasy receiver in the NFL."

Once he got back into game shape, he was very effective. Again, this was with Tebow throwing him the ball.

Lestat
01-30-2014, 01:00 PM

DT is a top 5 WR, as is Marshall but in terms of who's better I will take DT all day over B Marsh and I love B Marsh.
Marshall is more of a go up and get it WR but DT is crisper and more fluid. Plus DT can take a simple bubble screen and house it.

...but he was able to refine those skills by beating various women, so advantage: Demaryius.

I agree that he plays bigger. More of a chunk it up(For anyone who remembers Randy Moss in his Vikings days) and bring it down guy.
But DT is much more fluid and explosive.
Both are very good though.

Agamemnon
01-30-2014, 03:40 PM

Hilarious!

The only idiot I see is you for posting retarded **** like this.