PDA

View Full Version : According to Super Tecmo Bowl, we got this!

txtebow
01-30-2014, 07:18 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Df0xo-vSZfU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DenverBound
01-30-2014, 07:33 AM
D. Thomas - 3 for 171

LOL

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-30-2014, 07:34 AM
Game winning overtime Safety?

Okay! I'll take it!

txtebow
01-30-2014, 07:38 AM

Okay! I'll take it!

and DRC marches off into retirement, unless he changes his mind (again)

Rabb
01-30-2014, 07:41 AM
This is the only football game that I trust.

txtebow
01-30-2014, 07:57 AM

smart man.

Vegas_Bronco
01-30-2014, 08:06 AM
Who is that Denver QB tossing the rock like Joe Montana...

...oh yeah, Peyton Manning plays for the broncos now!!! WOOT!

Btw, I saw a block in the back on that last seattle TD.

DivineLegion
01-30-2014, 08:10 AM
Confidence level is now through the roof, thank you for that.

Taco John
01-30-2014, 09:20 AM

Okay! I'll take it!

THE GREATEST SUPERBOWL ENDING OF ALL TIME!

Pick Six
01-30-2014, 02:35 PM
I'm hoping it's a LITTLE easier, than that. I don't know if my heart can take an overtime game...ROFL!

But, yeah. I'm with Rabb. TECMO Bowl is the only sim I trust...

Rausch 2.0
01-30-2014, 02:38 PM
I'm hoping it's a LITTLE easier, than that. I don't know if my heart can take an overtime game...ROFL!

But, yeah. I'm with Rabb. TECMO Bowl is the only sim I trust...

If it were reliable KC's HB could run over 89 defenders in a row and score from 95 yards out...

Pick Six
01-30-2014, 02:46 PM
If it were reliable KC's HB could run over 89 defenders in a row and score from 95 yards out...

Get it straight. We have a very good run defense. Our pass defense? Well...yeah...

The Chiefs MIGHT HAVE beaten us, if they had more than one reliable receiver...ROFL!

BroncosfanGuy
01-30-2014, 08:10 PM

yep.
Tecmo Bowl or Tecmo Super Bowl>>>>>>>>football video games

nyuk nyuk
01-30-2014, 08:21 PM
and DRC marches off into retirement, unless he changes his mind (again)

He said he was misunderstood.

DENVERDUI55
01-30-2014, 08:41 PM
Walk off Safety. Think of the payoff of that Prop bet.

Vegas_Bronco
01-30-2014, 08:50 PM
Rod Bernstine Scores!!!

SPORTS PEOPLE: PRO FOOTBALL; Broncos Sign Bernstine To $4.6 Million Pact

Published: March 14, 1993

The Denver Broncos yesterday signed the veteran free-agent ROD BERNSTINE to a contract that a person close to the negotiations said would pay the running back $4.6 million over three years. That would would make him the third-highest-paid running back in the National Football League, behind THURMAN THOMAS and NEIL ANDERSON.
Bernstine was the San Diego Chargers' second leading rusher last season, despite being limited to only nine games because of a shoulder injury. (AP)

Jason in LA
01-30-2014, 08:57 PM
Madden Football also picked the Broncos, and I think they're like 8-2 over the last 10 years, or something like that.

Oh, and as cool as Tecmo football was back in the day, Madden killed it. I remember one Christmas one of my older brothers brought over the first Madden. It had just come out, and I had never heard of the game. Man was I blown away. I remember him telling me that when the ball was in the air, get your receiver to the X. I was like what X? The game was just awesome. Then Bill Walsh Football came out like a year later. Yeah, my friends and I were no longer playing Tecmo. lol

And Joe Montana Football, sucked. That was like going from watching the Transformers to the Gobots. It just wasn't anywhere near as good.

BroncosfanGuy
01-30-2014, 09:00 PM
Madden Football also picked the Broncos, and I think they're like 8-2 over the last 10 years, or something like that.

Oh, and as cool as Tecmo football was back in the day, Madden killed it. I remember one Christmas one of my older brothers brought over the first Madden. It had just come out, and I had never heard of the game. Man was I blown away. I remember him telling me that when the ball was in the air, get your receiver to the X. I was like what X? The game was just awesome. Then Bill Walsh Football came out like a year later. Yeah, my friends and I were no longer playing Tecmo. lol

And Joe Montana Football, sucked. That was like going from watching the Transformers to the Gobots. It just wasn't anywhere near as good.

Tecmo Bowl or Tecmo Super Bowl>NFL 2K5 w/ TO on the cover>Madden

might even make a spot for NFL QB Club before Madden

Bill Walsh College Football was sweet on Sega

Jason in LA
01-30-2014, 09:07 PM
The first Madden changed the game, big time.

txtebow
01-30-2014, 09:10 PM
Rod Bernstine Scores!!!

SPORTS PEOPLE: PRO FOOTBALL; Broncos Sign Bernstine To $4.6 Million Pact

Published: March 14, 1993

The Denver Broncos yesterday signed the veteran free-agent ROD BERNSTINE to a contract that a person close to the negotiations said would pay the running back $4.6 million over three years. That would would make him the third-highest-paid running back in the National Football League, behind THURMAN THOMAS and NEIL ANDERSON.
Bernstine was the San Diego Chargers' second leading rusher last season, despite being limited to only nine games because of a shoulder injury. (AP)

Rod was the RB in super tecmobowl for Super Nintendo and Sega genesis. He and Robert Delpino were quite mediocre especially when compared to Bobby Humphrey from super TECMO bowl for regular Nintendo.

BroncosfanGuy
01-30-2014, 09:10 PM
The first Madden changed the game, big time.

yeah, i'll agree with that.
i remember when my buddy had it and you had those 3 passing windows. it was a whole new experience. i think the recent (past 12 years or so) Maddens have left a bad mark on the franchise

strafen
01-30-2014, 09:21 PM
Well, I hope we win this game...
Seahawks fans are getting on my nerves.
Did anybody here have the chance to catch this caller on 850KOA Dave and Dave show this afternoon?
This butthole called to accuse Manning of using HGH (Human Growth Hormones)
Needless to say he got shot down real quick...
Dave Krieger tried to knock some common sense into this guy who had zero proof, talking out of his ass by bringing up the point of Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa how skinny they looked earlier in their career and how they ended up ballooning towards the end of their careers compared to how skinny Peyton still looks with no huge muscle or bulk definition.
What an idiot, that got me pissed off for sure...

Like they say, haters are going to hate...

Jason in LA
01-30-2014, 09:31 PM
yeah, i'll agree with that.
i remember when my buddy had it and you had those 3 passing windows. it was a whole new experience. i think the recent (past 12 years or so) Maddens have left a bad mark on the franchise

I'll agree that Madden took a nose dive at some point. Actually, I haven't really played the game much since maybe around '05. Before that I got it every year, and even played in some leagues and tournaments. But when it first came out, it was the greatest thing ever.

Kid A
01-30-2014, 09:34 PM

Madden sim also had Denver winning in OT.

In the short term of enduring the 4 hours of the game, I obviously would prefer an easy Denver win. In the long term, looking back / memories /etc, I suppose the relatively brief stress would be worth having a classic game to look back on.

Guess Who
01-31-2014, 08:00 AM
THE GREATEST SUPERBOWL ENDING OF ALL TIME!

Overtime safety.... I love it!!