PDA

View Full Version : ticket distribution

horsepower
01-30-2014, 02:51 AM
how does the nfl , allocate the tickets for superbowl. surely not all season ticket holders can get one, and in an 80,000 metlife stadium, is it 40,000 tickets each split for both teams? do the other nfl teams get a percentage, if so its not truly a REAL fans day out??

horsepower
01-30-2014, 02:54 AM
just to add I looked on ticketmaster,( how do these agencies get tickets for this its despicable) and they want 5,000 dollars for upper level tickets, then travel from London England, hotel etc, turns in to thousands...

bowtown
01-30-2014, 04:42 AM
http://m.quickmeme.com/img/44/444bb8ffe53a5f823b7d60455b6ed15cb0d21ebde2f61f13f8 0712b6cd753e49.jpg

Mediator12
01-30-2014, 07:13 AM
HP this is not like Europe where the FA Cup Final or the Champions League final get a healthy amount of tickets to the two sides playing. The Super Bowl is an Iconic event in the US with 90% of the seats sold to fans of the game rather than the 2 teams playing.

I have been to 3 of them, and the crowd is so different than going to an AFC Championship game due to the fans being involved. Andy Roddick sat behind me at the Tampa Super bowl a few years back with ARI and PIT. He showed up early second quarter and left late in the third. That is the Super Bowl environment here in the states. It's more about the event than the game to the fans in the stadium....

broncocalijohn
01-30-2014, 10:47 AM
Both teams get a small amount compared to the size of the game. As Med stated (oh, this could have been another joke), AFC Championship game is much more livelier than the SB. You want passion and noise? Go to the Conference Championship game. You want Club Level style (minus the suite free food and drinks)? Go to the SB.

I heard Broncos season ticket holders didn't get as many this time around because Bowlen set up travel packages for this game. Well, now I know why my chance went down to not getting them (18 years as a season ticket holder and 3 SBs of no draw).

Superbowl tickets are probably the cheapest in 20 years. Look on the Broncos website under packages. A few days ago had them at $1300. It is the weather and fact that two Western teams are in it way back in NY.

horsepower
01-30-2014, 01:25 PM
HP this is not like Europe where the FA Cup Final or the Champions League final get a healthy amount of tickets to the two sides playing. The Super Bowl is an Iconic event in the US with 90% of the seats sold to fans of the game rather than the 2 teams playing.

I have been to 3 of them, and the crowd is so different than going to an AFC Championship game due to the fans being involved. Andy Roddick sat behind me at the Tampa Super bowl a few years back with ARI and PIT. He showed up early second quarter and left late in the third. That is the Super Bowl environment here in the states. It's more about the event than the game to the fans in the stadium....

seems unfair to me, the biggest game of the season what the fans want to see, and it turns into a corporate event, with not many real fans there,andy roddicks attitude says it all

horsepower
01-30-2014, 01:26 PM
Both teams get a small amount compared to the size of the game. As Med stated (oh, this could have been another joke), AFC Championship game is much more livelier than the SB. You want passion and noise? Go to the Conference Championship game. You want Club Level style (minus the suite free food and drinks)? Go to the SB.

I heard Broncos season ticket holders didn't get as many this time around because Bowlen set up travel packages for this game. Well, now I know why my chance went down to not getting them (18 years as a season ticket holder and 3 SBs of no draw).

Superbowl tickets are probably the cheapest in 20 years. Look on the Broncos website under packages. A few days ago had them at $1300. It is the weather and fact that two Western teams are in it way back in NY.

very unfair 18 years a loyal fan, and no seat to the big show, cheers i'll have a look at them packages,

Jekyll15Hyde
01-30-2014, 01:40 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25006344/nfl-is-vague-fuzzy-super-bowl-ticket-math