PDA

View Full Version : If I hear another talking head..

ram40ut
01-30-2014, 12:40 AM
Say that nobody is giving Seattle any credit, and they are flying under the radar, I'm going to axe murder the nearest family of 5. Tonight on Inside the NFL they had Marcus Allen, and Dwight Freeney, both picked Seattle along with Simms ( huge surprise there ) Allen was incredulous that everyone was picking Denver and not giving Seattle any credit. Can someone please explain to me who is NOT giving Seattle credit? All I've heard from the NFL Network was Denver has never seen a defense like this. OK, but when was the last time Seattle faced a QB that has already thrown 58 TD's.

I must admit, I was a nervous wreck against SD, and NE, but I feel a strange calm about this. I may be wrong, but I think Denver rolls. 42-14

Agamemnon
01-30-2014, 12:45 AM
It's just the narrative they are trying to create, and pretty much everyone with any sense knows it's bull****. The sports media is a complete joke nowadays.

Taco John
01-30-2014, 12:55 AM
"LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM"

Agamemnon
01-30-2014, 12:56 AM
Not even a good nickname.

Blueflame
01-30-2014, 01:00 AM
"LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM LEGION OF BOOM"

Arguably the stupidest nickname ever. LOL

UberBroncoMan
01-30-2014, 01:36 AM
LOB YO!

Doggcow
01-30-2014, 01:37 AM
LOB YO!

Boss

TripleTilde
01-30-2014, 03:33 AM
Say that nobody is giving Seattle any credit, and they are flying under the radar, I'm going to axe murder the nearest family of 5. Tonight on Inside the NFL they had Marcus Allen, and Dwight Freeney, both picked Seattle along with Simms ( huge surprise there ) Allen was incredulous that everyone was picking Denver and not giving Seattle any credit. Can someone please explain to who is NOT giving Seattle credit? All I've heard from the NFL Network was Denver has never seen a defense like this. OK, but when was the last time Seattle faced a QB that has already thrown 58 TD's.

I must admit, I was a nervous wreck against SD, and NE, but I feel a strange calm about this. I may be wrong, but I think Denver rolls. 42-14

I think Allen might have been talking about so many people betting on Denver that the moved the betting line 4-5 pts.

Also, is it possible that you're not as nervous because this is the last game and there's no fear of their season ending early?

NYBronc
01-30-2014, 03:34 AM
Arguably the stupidest nickname ever. LOL

Brings back memories. My crew in High School at Denver East was the "Legion Of Brew." Class of '86/87. We were pretty stupid too. :sunshine:

spdirty
01-30-2014, 06:08 AM
I watched that last night too and about jumped out of my skin. So ready for this ****ing game to start.

Rabb
01-30-2014, 06:31 AM
I like that we are becoming the underdog, and I bet the team likes it too.

I am sure JMFE will be happy to share a story about Super Bowl 32 with the boys.

TonyR
01-30-2014, 06:32 AM
...I think Denver rolls. 42-14

Seattle gave up a league best 14.4 points per game this season. They only gave up more than 30 (34) once, in a road loss to Indy. So I don't like our chances of scoring anything close to 42, which is higher than our league best regular season average (37.9) and far more than we've averaged in the playoffs (25). Everything would have to go perfectly for us to roll like that. And I think Seattle is too good to let something like that happen. I hope you're right, but both my gut and my common sense tells me we'll be sweating out a close game.

Rabb
01-30-2014, 06:39 AM
Seattle gave up a league best 14.4 points per game this season. They only gave up more than 30 (34) once, in a road loss to Indy. So I don't like our chances of scoring anything close to 42, which is higher than our league best regular season average (37.9) and far more than we've averaged in the playoffs (25). Everything would have to go perfectly for us to roll like that. And I think Seattle is too good to let something like that happen. I hope you're right, but both my gut and my common sense tells me we'll be sweating out a close game.

This is what makes it such a fascinating matchup that really it's hard for us to appreciate being fans of one of the teams. Yes, Seattle has had an amazing defensive year and I don't think anyone can debate that. But they haven't faced the most prolific offense in the HISTORY of the NFL. Let that sink in for a second...we had the highest scoring offense in the history of the league with a QB that absolutely decimated other teams that also had pretty solid defenses.

I mean, I know I am being a homer here...I can admit that. But it's almost impossible to pick the outcome of this game. #1 versus #1 and all...they are about to step into the ring with an opponent they just haven't run into that is rolling right now.

I don't know if we win or not, but damn I like our chances.

2KBack
01-30-2014, 06:44 AM

Pssh....again, in 1989 we didn't give up 30 a single time....only only gave up 20+ 6 times before the superbowl. Just last season, We only gave up 30 points twice and in the first half of the season (average of 15ppg after the bye)....how many did we give up to the Ravens? 38.

It's one game....anything can happen.

LetsGoBroncos
01-30-2014, 06:55 AM
No chance at all....just pretty much a toss up at the moment.

http://pickwatch.nflpickwatch.com/p/weekly-picks.html

Tombstone RJ
01-30-2014, 08:35 AM
I was watching NFLN the other night and I timed the show I was watching to see which team was given more respect and air time/exposure.

Seattle got approximately 20mins worth of NFLN time/exposure

Denver got approximately 4mins worth of NFLN time/exposure and it was all about Manning.

OOJack
01-30-2014, 08:46 AM
LOB=Line of Business, always has

Legion Of Boom=object of ridicule, always will

BroncoMan4ever
01-30-2014, 08:50 AM
The topic I am finding annoying from these talking heads is, DENVER HAS NOT FACED A DEFENSE LIKE THIS"

Give me a break, this number 1 defense isn't great on a historic level. Denver hasn't faced a defense like that... guess what no Super Bowl defense has played an offense like Denver.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-30-2014, 08:53 AM
One odd thing I've noticed with the media is that they'll spend 20 minutes discussing how Seattle can beat Denver, but then a lot of these guys are picking Denver anyway. But it's strange, is it me or have we only heard about how the Seattle defense can slow Peyton and not how Peyton can exploit the seattle D?

91BRONCO
01-30-2014, 09:06 AM
The topic I am finding annoying from these talking heads is, DENVER HAS NOT FACED A DEFENSE LIKE THIS"

Give me a break, this number 1 defense isn't great on a historic level. Denver hasn't faced a defense like that... guess what no Super Bowl defense has played an offense like Denver.

Exactly. It's not like Seattle has one of the best defenses of all time historically.

We own the greatest offense in the history of the NFL- I think we can hold our own.

HELLHAMMER
01-30-2014, 09:38 AM
The nfl network basically exists to hype games. The seahawks need the hype.

hambone13
01-30-2014, 09:41 AM
I think Allen might have been talking about so many people betting on Denver that the moved the betting line 4-5 pts.

Also, is it possible that you're not as nervous because this is the last game and there's no fear of their season ending early?

LOL, just LOL. Buffoon.

hambone13
01-30-2014, 09:47 AM
One odd thing I've noticed with the media is that they'll spend 20 minutes discussing how Seattle can beat Denver, but then a lot of these guys are picking Denver anyway. But it's strange, is it me or have we only heard about how the Seattle defense can slow Peyton and not how Peyton can exploit the seattle D?

It doesn't bother me at all. Frankly, it's the only story they have to tell that the layman would be interested in. Anyone who knows football knows how strong our chances are.

TonyR
01-30-2014, 10:22 AM
Does anybody ever mention or discuss how Denver is missing 6 starters, including an All Pro caliber LT and last year's DPOY runner up? Do the Broncos get any credit whatsover for overcoming such obstacles? Not to mention Fox's health scare?

txtebow
01-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Does anybody ever mention or discuss how Denver is missing 6 starters, including an All Pro caliber LT and last year's DPOY runner up? Do the Broncos get any credit whatsover for overcoming such obstacles? Not to mention Fox's health scare?

Precisely, Even during the AFCCG it was all about New England's depleted defense and no GRONK....

Tombstone RJ
01-30-2014, 10:34 AM
The nfl network basically exists to hype games. The seahawks need the hype.

yah, I think the NFLN is really trying to hype up Seattle because they wanna make the game look interesting. That being said, it's annoying as hell.

Old Dude
01-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Well, look on the bright side.

New England, Kansas City and San Diego fans all get to hear repeatedly about how worthless their teams were this year.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-30-2014, 11:07 AM
Say that nobody is giving Seattle any credit, and they are flying under the radar, I'm going to axe murder the nearest family of 5. Tonight on Inside the NFL they had Marcus Allen, and Dwight Freeney, both picked Seattle along with Simms ( huge surprise there ) Allen was incredulous that everyone was picking Denver and not giving Seattle any credit. Can someone please explain to me who is NOT giving Seattle credit? All I've heard from the NFL Network was Denver has never seen a defense like this. OK, but when was the last time Seattle faced a QB that has already thrown 58 TD's.

no kidding i Turned on ESPN and they couldnt stop sucking on seattles rod all night long and they talked about the pre season match up we had most the time it was how awesome seattle is. they tossed a few bones Denvers way but mostly its OH MUH GOD SEATTLE IS THE BESTEST also they had ray the BLOODY KNIFE lewis on too . i had to change the channel . i cant stand letting lil oj jr walking free

ram40ut
01-30-2014, 11:10 AM
I like that we are becoming the underdog, and I bet the team likes it too.

I am sure JMFE will be happy to share a story about Super Bowl 32 with the boys.

I will absolutely cop to embracing the underdog role. I don't know much the players listen, and read stuff in the media pre and post-game, but the only way the Seattle players could thing no one is giving them credit is if CPC is playing the dis-respect card, and the other side of that is if the Bronco players are listening to anything outside of Denver, they are hearing:
1. Broncos haven't played a defense this good
2. They haven't had to deal with the length and physicality of a defense like Seattle's.
3. Peyton is going to hammered by the rush.
I could go on and on .

The assertion that I'm not nervous because there are no more games is a good point, because I had to drop a couple of Xanax about 30 minutes before kickoff so I wouldn't puke. I was a wreck. But I really do believe the experience of PFM, Fox, Del Rio, and even John Elways gives the Broncos a little more a comfort zone, is going to be the difference. If Denver doesn't turn it over, the line protects #18, and the defense continues to play over their heads, I think it's going to be a good day if the weather isn't a factor.

nyuk nyuk
01-30-2014, 12:33 PM

Allen was a longtime Raider, so you can't really blame him for his mental lapses and anti-Denver attitude.

Freeney? He got greedy, ended up with a team with little to no chance to make it to the SB and got knocked out by Denver.

You really have to consider personal motivations here because every other time I look at the prediction videos on the YouTube ESPN First Take page, I see players often picking Seattle. There is no basis for this claim whatsoever. I think it odd how many they're getting in picking Seattle. It's almost artificially high.

I get nervous any time we get anywhere near the AFC championship game due to old childhood memories of 3 Super Blowouts in 4 years time. I had a feeling we'd beat the Patriots and when I was watching the NFC title game I had a feeling Seattle would pull it off - this was during the SF march down the field before Kaepernick threw the dud. I was sitting there watching the title game thinking, we'll beat Seattle in the Super Bowl. It's like all the pieces were coming together. I still have this feeling.

:wiggle::wiggle:

nyuk nyuk
01-30-2014, 12:38 PM
no kidding i Turned on ESPN and they couldnt stop sucking on seattles rod all night long and they talked about the pre season match up we had most the time it was how awesome seattle is. they tossed a few bones Denvers way but mostly its OH MUH GOD SEATTLE IS THE BESTEST also they had ray the BLOODY KNIFE lewis on too . i had to change the channel . i cant stand letting lil oj jr walking free

Yeah this is all artificial to me because anyone with eyeballs saw how badly Seattle played in the NFC title game. Fumbles, Wilson running for his life and grounding the ball, etc.

Denver's defense has REALLY gelled and they're peaking right now. Bailey is back 100%. I like this.

I have a co-worker friend who is from NY and is a big Giants fan. He pointed out that in Giants Super Bowl wins, the timing was a matter of peaking at the right time, which is in the playoffs. We're doing that right now.

BroncsRule
01-30-2014, 12:57 PM
I will absolutely cop to embracing the underdog role. I don't know much the players listen, and read stuff in the media pre and post-game, but the only way the Seattle players could thing no one is giving them credit is if CPC is playing the dis-respect card, and the other side of that is if the Bronco players are listening to anything outside of Denver, they are hearing:
2. They haven't had to deal with the length and physicality of a defense like Seattle's.
I could go on and on .

The assertion that I'm not nervous because there are no more games is a good point, because I had to drop a couple of Xanax about 30 minutes before kickoff so I wouldn't puke. I was a wreck. But I really do believe the experience of PFM, Fox, Del Rio, and even John Elways gives the Broncos a little more a comfort zone, is going to be the difference. If Denver doesn't turn it over,(if) the line protects #18, and (if) the defense continues to play over their heads, I think it's going to be a good day if the weather isn't a factor.

You do realize that's 4 if's, right?

That's quite a few if's.

nyuk nyuk
01-30-2014, 01:38 PM
I could go on and on .

I think you DO need to go on because you suffer from confirmation bias.

Seattle hasn't played an offense this good. Our defense is peaking at the right time, which is a key deep in the playoffs. Denver's team overall is faster than Seattle's. Denver's OL gives up few sacks.

Denver by 7.

:egbgb:

DenverDynamite
01-30-2014, 02:57 PM
Some of the rational behind these picks are real headscratchers. It sounds like NFL.com's anaylists are more taken with 'cool' nicknames than actually breaking down games.

I can't wait till Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0ap2000000320280/article/super-bowl-xlviii-analyst-picks-favor-seahawks-over-broncos

TripleTilde
01-30-2014, 03:01 PM
Some of the rational behind these picks are real headscratchers. It sounds like NFL.com's anaylists are more taken with 'cool' nicknames than actually breaking down games.

I can't wait till Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0ap2000000320280/article/super-bowl-xlviii-analyst-picks-favor-seahawks-over-broncos

Bold prediction: In stark contrast to their previous Super Bowl appearance, the Seahawks will have at least one controversial call (or non-call) go their way.

So, according to Silvers reasoning, it's ok if Denver gets screwed as make up for 2005.

errand
01-30-2014, 03:11 PM
this guy talked a huge game too.....
During his period of playing for the Chiefs, Williamson became one of football’s first self-promoters, nurturing the nickname "The Hammer" because he used his forearm to deliver karate-style blows to the heads of opposing players, especially wide receivers. Before Super Bowl I, Williamson gathered national headlines by boasting that he would knock the Green Bay Packers starting receivers, Carroll Dale and Boyd Dowler, out of the game. He stated "Two hammers to (Boyd) Dowler, one to (Carroll) Dale should be enough".[5] His prediction turned out to be an ironic one because Williamson himself was knocked out of the game in the fourth quarter, with his head meeting the knee of the Packers' running back Donny Anderson and later suffered a broken arm when Chiefs linebacker Sherrill Headrick fell on him

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRx4RIcDR6MKuHBJapKkHqwtgeu5vM7l WmiRYqmq6uWRPewA_3N