PDA

View Full Version : Glad We Don't Play San Francisco

bombay
01-29-2014, 08:45 PM
They are a very good and balanced team, much more dangerous than the team we got.

It's our good fortune to get the other team. I believe we could have beaten SF, but it would have been a much more difficult game.

Arkie
01-29-2014, 08:53 PM
San Francisco is in my top three, but Seattle is in my top two. The best two teams are in the Super Bowl, imo.

nyuk nyuk
01-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Huh? We'd beat either one. I wanted to have SF to get a chance at avenging SB XXIV.

BroncoMan4ever
01-29-2014, 08:55 PM
They are a very good and balanced team, much more dangerous than the team we got.

It's our good fortune to get the other team. I believe we could have beaten SF, but it would have been a much more difficult game.

Wilson is a much better QB than Kaepernick. SF lost Bowman. SF would be the easier game. The 2 best teams are playing

Jason in LA
01-29-2014, 08:57 PM
I'd say that both the Niners and Seahawks would have presented similar challenges, and they are both really good, so it really didn't matter which one of them showed up.

broncosteven
01-29-2014, 09:00 PM
I fear the San Fran pass rush more than the Seahags pass rush. Kapernick was able to drive on the Seahags and nearly pulled out the comeback late. I think Manning can have his way with the Seahags D.

Bronco
01-29-2014, 09:08 PM
San fransisco was the match up I didn't want.

Sf front 7>Seattle secondary
Sf offense> Seattle offense

Bowman got hosed in the NFC chAmpionship, this Super Bowl will be like the Super Bowl 33, the best NFC team will watch from home while the broncos roll the opponent they fortunately play.

bpc
01-29-2014, 09:27 PM
Denver would have killed SF. Seattle is the better team matchup wise vs us. Manning would have thrown for 500 yds against that secondary.

HAT
01-29-2014, 09:31 PM
Saints are the only NFC team I was worried about.

theAPAOps5
01-29-2014, 09:33 PM

Yeah, the better team lost that NFC title game. Good for us, we get to play a bunch of loud mouthed frauds, brah

ZONA
01-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Umm, who cares. We're playing Seattle, let's focus on who we're playing and not who we aren't.

:)

SeahawkTalons
01-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Brah, either SF or Seattle would beat Denver. The real Super Bowl was a week and a half ago in Seattle. This is just a coronation imo.

Taco John
01-29-2014, 09:40 PM
Brah, either SF or Seattle would beat Denver. The real Super Bowl was a week and a half ago in Seattle. This is just a coronation imo.

I agree that you guys played your Superbowl last week. You are very much like the Chiefs in that regard.

Arkie
01-29-2014, 09:47 PM
San fransisco was the match up I didn't want.

Sf front 7>Seattle secondary
Sf offense> Seattle offense

Bowman got hosed in the NFC chAmpionship, this Super Bowl will be like the Super Bowl 33, the best NFC team will watch from home while the broncos roll the opponent they fortunately play.

Falcons were 11 point underdogs in the NFC Championship. Seahawks were 4.5 point favorites, and Super Bowl favorites since the preseason.

theAPAOps5
01-29-2014, 09:55 PM

We would be the class of the NFC West. We would have 4 wins from Seattle and the 49ers alone. Your team is a joke, you are a joke.

SeahawkTalons
01-29-2014, 10:09 PM
We would be the class of the NFC West. We would have 4 wins from Seattle and the 49ers alone. Your team is a joke, you are a joke.

John Clayton and DVOA would disagree.

Denver = 3rd place team in NFC West, would probably miss the playoffs

Jekyll15Hyde
01-29-2014, 10:09 PM
The matchup is much better now. Its not a secret our secondary is the weak link. Boldin + Crabtree + Davis would have been able to exploit this. And vice versa, their secondary isnt as good as Seattle.

Now we have strength on strength and weakness on weakness pretty much across the board. Would rather have it that way.

theAPAOps5
01-29-2014, 10:11 PM
John Clayton and DVOA would disagree.

Denver = 3rd place team in NFC West, would probably miss the playoffs

When all you have is John Clayton you are a laughing stock. He is the worst analyst in sports. You guys wouldn't even be in the playoffs if you played in the AFC West, or if Denver played in the NFC West, you MAY be 3rd. Go dig in your ass and stop trying to talk sports with the big boys little boy.

Run along

Broncobiv
01-29-2014, 11:29 PM
I've been saying this since the divisional round. Carolina was my #1 choice to face, and Seattle was #2. SF has a much better offense than Seattle, and their defense is almost as good. Very happy we're facing Seattle over SF.

Blueflame
01-29-2014, 11:56 PM
Watching the NFCCG -- my thought was that it was an incredibly sloppy, mistake-riddled game, especially considering that it was a playoff, win-or-go-home situation.. Generally, any team that plays like that in the playoffs gets eliminated -- unless the other team is playing at an equal horrendous level. It was almost comically bad.

My conclusion that day was -- if the winner plays like this in 2 weeks, it won't even be close. And if that's the highest level of play the Seachickens are capable of (one would think they'd be motivated to play their ultimate best vs a division rival for "all the marbles") then they do not match up well vs. Peyton Manning and the 2013 Broncos.

Agamemnon
01-30-2014, 12:09 AM
Watching the NFCCG -- my thought was that it was an incredibly sloppy, mistake-riddled game, especially considering that it was a playoff, win-or-go-home situation.. Generally, any team that plays like that in the playoffs gets eliminated -- unless the other team is playing at an equal horrendous level. It was almost comically bad.

My conclusion that day was -- if the winner plays like this in 2 weeks, it won't even be close. And if that's the highest level of play the Seachickens are capable of (one would think they'd be motivated to play their ultimate best vs a division rival for "all the marbles") then they do not match up well vs. Peyton Manning and the 2013 Broncos.

Exactly what I thought watching that game. It was almost as if both teams were trying to lose. I was not impressed.

itswutz4dinna
01-30-2014, 12:26 AM
Saints are the only NFC team I was worried about.

Same here. It takes an elite QB to take down the Broncos. Luck needed an Orlando Franklin injury, great pass rush from Mathis, fluke play by Holliday, terrible play by Hillman, and emotional oddities from Manning to win by 6 at home. And Luck is much better than Wilson.

SF or Seattle are both cakewalks, provided there is unbiased officiating. Between the two Seattle is the even easier match-up.

Ol#7
01-30-2014, 12:28 AM
SF posed more matchup problems. Vernon Davis wouuld have eaten our lb's alive. While I think he is highly over rated, Kap is a more dangerous runner.

Hope we blow out the Seacocks!

Blueflame
01-30-2014, 12:29 AM
Exactly what I thought watching that game. It was almost as if both teams were trying to lose. I was not impressed.

I know this -- as a fan, I would not be taking a cocky attitude going into the SB if my team had put that kind of a half-assed effort into the Conference Championship game (and needed a stroke of luck to win).

Side note: that last 9'er play (the INT) -- the inexperienced Kaepernick throws the INT but Manning would have seen the wide-open underneath guy and the outcome would have been completely different. This is the difference between a "sophomore" and a veteran QB.

itswutz4dinna
01-30-2014, 12:29 AM
The Chargers were by far the toughest test for the Broncos. Once they beat them it was over. 28-10 Broncos in the 4th, with garbage time making it 31-24 to pay homage to '97.

Blueflame
01-30-2014, 01:05 AM
Same here. It takes an elite QB to take down the Broncos. Luck needed an Orlando Franklin injury, great pass rush from Mathis, fluke play by Holliday, terrible play by Hillman, and emotional oddities from Manning to win by 6 at home. And Luck is much better than Wilson.

SF or Seattle are both cakewalks, provided there is unbiased officiating. Between the two Seattle is the even easier match-up.

Playing at the level both teams were playing in the NFCCG -- I would have liked the odds of all AFC playoff teams (and possibly some that didn't make the playoffs) beating them with ease. Honestly, that was a crap performance by both NFC teams.

Arkie
01-30-2014, 01:08 AM
The Chargers were by far the toughest test for the Broncos. Once they beat them it was over. 28-10 Broncos in the 4th, with garbage time making it 31-24 to pay homage to '97.

It may have looked that way vs the Broncos, but if you watched the rest of the season, you would see that they were a mediocre 9-7. They were lucky to beat the Chiefs 2nd team to make the playoffs.

Guess Who
01-30-2014, 01:47 AM

I thought the exact same thing in 1987 when Washington beat Minnesota 17-10 in the NFC Championship Game. No way that team can beat Denver.

Doggcow
01-30-2014, 01:55 AM
I thought the exact same thing in 1987 when Washington beat Minnesota 17-10 in the NFC Championship Game. No way that team can beat Denver.

You shut your whore mouth