PDA

View Full Version : How Are We Feeling About The Game?

StugotsIII
01-29-2014, 08:26 PM
Never mind the trolls, Peter King and party's...

This is a good matchup of two damn good teams with great unit and position matchups all over the field.

Denver's pass offense vs. Seattle's pass defense.

This isn't the first time Denver has played against a good pass defense. The last time was against Houston...ranked 3rd overall in pass defense in the NFL was torched by Manning for 400 yards and 4 TD's and it could have been more. Baltimore had a respectable 12th ranked pass defense and we all know how that ended. It's also been documented how Seattle really hasn't played against many good passing games and when they have they have been lit up. They have played against a lot of average QB's and feasted off them.

With that said...Seattle's pass defense is outstanding. Starts up front...they get good pressure on the QB, ranking 10th in the league in sacks. That combined with the secondary coverage makes for rushed, poor throws that often lead to turnovers. 28 interceptions this year...10 more than the next team behind them. Personally I think Denver just has too many weapons of offense. I just don't see Seattle being able to make Manning uncomfortable and being able to cover everyone. Denver will get theirs.

Advantage: Denver...but only slightly. Should be a great matchup.

Denver's rush defense vs. Seattle's rush offense

Denver has a damn solid rushing defense, but on paper at least is a little outmanned vs Seattle and their 2nd ranked rush offense. Again though, this isn't the first time Denver has gone up against a good rushing attack. Philly and New England come to mind. Philly had success running the ball using their spread attack. They didn't hurt Denver because the Broncos got up quickly and turned Philly into a passing team. Must of Denver's success in rushing defense comes from blowing teams out and forcing them to throw the ball.

I look for Seattle to run a decent amount of spread option principles and sprinkling in Harvin in the running game. I'm not horribly worried about Lynch...but Wilson and Harvin could really hurt Denver. Lynch will get production...but if the other two get production...it'll hurt.

Advantage: Seattle

Harvin

He is a real wild card for Seattle. This guy, while injury prone will be all over the field and command Denver's respect and attention. He is a game breaker and can score from anywhere on the field. The question is...how game ready is he? He missed almost the entire season sans a playoff game in which is sustained a concussion. In that game he only tallied 30 or so yards but was all over the field when he did play.

Moreno/Ball

The Denver RB stable has quietly become a dangerous weapon. Moreno had his best year in the NFL...rushing for a 1000 yards and scoring 13 total TD's. And after fumbling issues, Montee Ball posted 500+ rushing yards and has been a valuable contributor off the bench.

I don't see Denver running the ball more than they usually do. The plan is always to score at will and force the opposing teams offense to throw the ball. To do that Denver will throw and throw some more. But on 3rd and short and inside the redzone Denver will pound the ball. Something they have had success doing all year. Seattle's rushing defense is good...about the same as Denver's statistically...and for the same reason. A lot of Seattle's games have been blowouts.

Throw in Moreno catching a few balls out of the backfield via screens and check downs and the advantage goes to Denver...slightly.

To me it's sounds cliche and silly but if Denver doesn't turn the ball over (Holiday cannot be allowed to return punts ever again) and commit terrible penalties like they did vs. Indy, NW and SD (their only losses) Denver should win the game rather easily (IMHO).

Denver 34
Seattle 24

What say you?

nyuk nyuk
01-29-2014, 08:33 PM
Denver by 7. Considering how Seattle performed at home in the playoffs, I'm not that impressed with their prowess. Denver is playing much cleaner, consistent football. While the media hypes Richard Sherman, we have 2 top DBs on our own. As good as their defense is, they don't have the #1 defense of all time and there's no way they're going to stop 5 players with at least 10 TDs. Just not going to happen.

Last check about an hour ago, forecast is sunny and 43 degrees.

Antonio Cromartie: Seahawks Defense Isn't Enough to Stop Broncos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEGZCf-X0EE)

bpc
01-29-2014, 08:36 PM
That's the score I predicted, 34-24. I think Manning clinches it late.

I'm just ready for the game to get here. Tired of all the talk. Seattle fans are basically Oregon Duck fans. They are super obnoxious despite having never won anything. They are the most arrogant fan base i've ever seen, even more so than KC. At least KC has been humbled by years of failure. The hawks need to taste some of that.

bombay
01-29-2014, 08:37 PM
Confident.

We have the better team.

Arkie
01-29-2014, 08:45 PM
I predicted 20-14 Denver. Both defenses play great. Champ Bailey gets MVP.

nyuk nyuk
01-29-2014, 08:48 PM
I think we lead the game, most of it if not all of it.

Seattle nearly lost at home. They fumbled several times and in spite of several SF fumbles, still relied on a late bad throw by Kaepernick. They did not look like a strong, Super Bowl-ready team in the NFC title game. Denver, however, did.

WoodMan
01-29-2014, 08:51 PM
I like Denver's O-line vs Seattles front 7. I believe they will keep PFM upright and be able to run the ball when they need too. Manning with a little time is really tough to stop. He just goes through his reads quickly and usually throws to an uncovered receiver. Seldom into double coverage. I also think the no huddle causes Seattle problems. I look for Welker and JT to have good opportunities as I think Seattle tries to shut down the wide receivers. I like Denver's Defensive front seven to stop Seattle's running game and force Wilson to pass more than they would like. I hope for some turnovers if that becomes the direction of the game. I also think it will be about a 10 point Denver win. Broncos need to play mistake free in the turnover and penalty phases of the game. I don't think PFM will under-throw open receivers for interceptions like Capernick did in the NCCG. He gave away the game to Seattle with a couple of horrendous throws. Both in the second half. One at the end of the game in the red zone on first down if I remember right. If he put that ball where only Crabtree had a chance at it, we might be facing a different team on Sunday. So if I have to pick a score I would guess about 30-20 broncos.

strafen
01-29-2014, 08:53 PM
I'm confident and have trust in this team, for sure...

nyuk nyuk
01-29-2014, 08:54 PM
Seattle's OL isn't that great. They had Wilson running for his life half the game. The guy is such a newbie, he kept intentionally grounding the ball.

DenverDynamite
01-29-2014, 08:58 PM
I think the stage is too big for Seattle and they will wilt under the spotlight. Russell Wilson is going to hand the ball to the Denver defense more than once. The Broncos offense will take advantage. The game will be close in the first half and like always Denver will open it up in the third, perhaps allowing a garbage-time touchdown to keep the score respectable in the 4th. I standby my original assertion that this Seattle team is simply the KC Chiefs in puke green.
Denver 28
Seattle 20

gadlaw
01-29-2014, 09:11 PM
I like the analysis StugotsIII (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=12478). I feel like Seattle is getting the benefit of a lot of 'let's make sure we keep everyone interested' hype. Reminds me of how draft choices get media boosts and move up and down the draft board based on changing hype. I feel like they had meetings at the NFL Network and at ESPN and said 'half you guys push for Denver, half you guys push for Seattle'. I see a lot of ways that Denver can win and I don't see a lot of ways that can point to a Seattle victory and I've been listening. But I'm ready for the game to get here already.

GoHAM
01-29-2014, 09:11 PM
I am strangely calm and confident about this one. No doubt Seattle has a great defense, but in the end I don't see them as an all time great D ala 85 Bears or 2000's Ravens. I think our offense will be too much for them. I like Gase and Manning having two weeks to gameplan, against anyone. I like our run defense against Beast Mode. I like our defense against the whole Seattle offense. I'd love for it to be a laugher but lets be honest here, Russell Wilson is no John Elway dragging a decent, but not great, team to the Super Bowl. Seattle is a very good team, but I just can't see them getting the better of this Broncos team. I see a very similar game to our previous playoff games. Broncos win, say 27-17, but the score doesn't really reflect how much Denver controlled the game.

Bronco
01-29-2014, 09:15 PM
Seattle sucks 34-17

theAPAOps5
01-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Never mind the trolls, Peter King and party's...

This is a good matchup of two damn good teams with great unit and position matchups all over the field.

Denver's pass offense vs. Seattle's pass defense.

This isn't the first time Denver has played against a good pass defense. The last time was against Houston...ranked 3rd overall in pass defense in the NFL was torched by Manning for 400 yards and 4 TD's and it could have been more. Baltimore had a respectable 12th ranked pass defense and we all know how that ended. It's also been documented how Seattle really hasn't played against many good passing games and when they have they have been lit up. They have played against a lot of average QB's and feasted off them.

With that said...Seattle's pass defense is outstanding. Starts up front...they get good pressure on the QB, ranking 10th in the league in sacks. That combined with the secondary coverage makes for rushed, poor throws that often lead to turnovers. 28 interceptions this year...10 more than the next team behind them. Personally I think Denver just has too many weapons of offense. I just don't see Seattle being able to make Manning uncomfortable and being able to cover everyone. Denver will get theirs.

Advantage: Denver...but only slightly. Should be a great matchup.

Denver's rush defense vs. Seattle's rush offense

Denver has a damn solid rushing defense, but on paper at least is a little outmanned vs Seattle and their 2nd ranked rush offense. Again though, this isn't the first time Denver has gone up against a good rushing attack. Philly and New England come to mind. Philly had success running the ball using their spread attack. They didn't hurt Denver because the Broncos got up quickly and turned Philly into a passing team. Must of Denver's success in rushing defense comes from blowing teams out and forcing them to throw the ball.

I look for Seattle to run a decent amount of spread option principles and sprinkling in Harvin in the running game. I'm not horribly worried about Lynch...but Wilson and Harvin could really hurt Denver. Lynch will get production...but if the other two get production...it'll hurt.

Advantage: Seattle

Harvin

He is a real wild card for Seattle. This guy, while injury prone will be all over the field and command Denver's respect and attention. He is a game breaker and can score from anywhere on the field. The question is...how game ready is he? He missed almost the entire season sans a playoff game in which is sustained a concussion. In that game he only tallied 30 or so yards but was all over the field when he did play.

Moreno/Ball

The Denver RB stable has quietly become a dangerous weapon. Moreno had his best year in the NFL...rushing for a 1000 yards and scoring 13 total TD's. And after fumbling issues, Montee Ball posted 500+ rushing yards and has been a valuable contributor off the bench.

I don't see Denver running the ball more than they usually do. The plan is always to score at will and force the opposing teams offense to throw the ball. To do that Denver will throw and throw some more. But on 3rd and short and inside the redzone Denver will pound the ball. Something they have had success doing all year. Seattle's rushing defense is good...about the same as Denver's statistically...and for the same reason. A lot of Seattle's games have been blowouts.

Throw in Moreno catching a few balls out of the backfield via screens and check downs and the advantage goes to Denver...slightly.

To me it's sounds cliche and silly but if Denver doesn't turn the ball over (Holiday cannot be allowed to return punts ever again) and commit terrible penalties like they did vs. Indy, NW and SD (their only losses) Denver should win the game rather easily (IMHO).

Denver 34
Seattle 24

What say you?

Denver 34
Seattle 20

They are a weak offense. They can't and won't stop Manning, brah

Taco John
01-29-2014, 09:55 PM
As confident as I have felt all year. I've watched a few of Russell Wilson's last few games, and he's been pretty pedestrian in all of them. Their confidence in him seems to be very low right now. Against the Saints, he was 9 for 18 for 103 yards. That's terrible.

Lynch is obviously the concern on the offensive side of the ball, and the Broncos have the best rushing defense in the league (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2013&seasonType=POST&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1), bar none... Ryan Matthews is the only runningback who managed to do much against them, and it was after the Broncos had clinched.

This game is going to swing on whether or not the Seahawks can make something happen towards the end of the third and beginning of the fourth quarter. If our offense stalls at this time, we may be in trouble. But overall, this will be a typical game like we've played all year - they'll have a tough time containing the offense, and a tougher time getting things to work on their own offense.

If Russell Wilson throws an interception, we win this by two scores. Add in a Holliday Road, and it might even be three...

http://i.imgur.com/1Q9ozNN.jpg

R8R H8R
01-29-2014, 10:01 PM
I am strangely calm and confident about this one. No doubt Seattle has a great defense, but in the end I don't see them as an all time great D ala 85 Bears or 2000's Ravens. I think our offense will be too much for them. I like Gase and Manning having two weeks to gameplan, against anyone. I like our run defense against Beast Mode. I like our defense against the whole Seattle offense. I'd love for it to be a laugher but lets be honest here, Russell Wilson is no John Elway dragging a decent, but not great, team to the Super Bowl. Seattle is a very good team, but I just can't see them getting the better of this Broncos team. I see a very similar game to our previous playoff games. Broncos win, say 27-17, but the score doesn't really reflect how much Denver controlled the game.

Me too, and it's kind of hard to explain. I was way more nervous about the previous two playoff games than I am this one.

I said it in another thread, but I really think the Broncos defense will be the real wildcard in this game. Broncos 28-13 with the Seagulls getting their sole TD late in the game.

StugotsIII
01-29-2014, 10:10 PM
Me too, and it's kind of hard to explain. I was way more nervous about the previous two playoff games than I am this one.

I said it in another thread, but I really think the Broncos defense will be the real wildcard in this game. Broncos 28-13 with the Seagulls getting their sole TD late in the game.

I feel the same way!

I felt the same way vs. NE in the playoffs as well...

Jekyll15Hyde
01-29-2014, 10:14 PM
Denver by 7. Considering how Seattle performed at home in the playoffs, I'm not that impressed with their prowess. Denver is playing much cleaner, consistent football. While the media hypes Richard Sherman, we have 2 top DBs on our own. As good as their defense is, they don't have the #1 defense of all time and there's no way they're going to stop 5 players with at least 10 TDs. Just not going to happen.

Antonio Cromartie: Seahawks Defense Isn't Enough to Stop Broncos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEGZCf-X0EE)

Game is after sunset. Though more daytime heating means higher temps throughout the game.

TD4HOF
01-29-2014, 10:22 PM
Lynch knocks out 3 defenders on his first carry. Sherman single handedly devastates Denver’s D. Elway ultimately resigns.

Seahawks 36-0.

yerner
01-29-2014, 10:25 PM
I'm nervous. I watched alot of seahawks this year. They are legit. They play really hard and seem to create opportunities. They have a lucky way making things happen to change momentum and score fast. And the Broncos haven't faced a mobile qb playing at Wilson"s level this year. I honestly don't know how this game goes.

theAPAOps5
01-29-2014, 10:30 PM
I'm nervous. I watched alot of seahawks this year. They are legit. They play really hard and seem to create opportunities. They have a lucky way making things happen to change momentum and score fast. And the Broncos haven't faced a mobile qb playing at Wilson"s level this year. I honestly don't know how this game goes.

No they aren't. They are another version of KC with a crappier QB. Earth comes quickly on Sunday for their fans.

Jetmeck
01-29-2014, 10:32 PM
They didn't hurt Denver because the Broncos got up quickly and turned Philly into a passing team........................

That was what I took away from the OPs post. We get up on them couple of scores its a totally different ballgame that Seattle doesn't want and I doubt Wilson can handle.

Kaylore
01-29-2014, 10:45 PM
I really don't know. I'm a homer so I'm generally leaning toward us winning, but I can see two scenarios.

Scenario One

Denver shuts down Lynch, as they have all running backs this year. They also get enough pressure on Wilson to force some throws that don't hit their mark. Percy Harvin is rusty and isn't much of a factor in the passing game and the end around plays don't fool anybody. Denver's offense looks about the same except they are running the ball better. After grinding out a couple of field goals, but allowing no points by the Seahawks, Denver breaks open a touchdown and slowly pulls away. Seattle manages to put up a few scores but they run out of time. Denver wins 27-16.

Scenario Two

Denver shuts down Lynch, as they have all running backs this year. However Wilson uses his elusiveness to throw several deep balls that find their mark. Some are on third and long, when they seemingly have Wilson bottled up, but he escapes at the last minute in a brilliant display and his receivers make great catches that someone get wide open. It reminds everyone of the Dallas game. Denver's receivers struggle with the muggy nature of the Seattle secondary and the cold day causes some drops to fall into the hands of the Seattle Secondary. Percy Harvin has some effective plays and returns a punt for a score. Lynch is able to grind out a late drive to abort a failed comeback. Denver's mistakes do them in and Seattle outlasts them 24-20.

Scenario 3

Both teams go back and forth in a surprisingly good shoot out. Denver attacks surgically. Wilson free lances. Neither running game seems able to get going. Both teams get some key turnovers and by mid fourth quarter Seattle is up by three and driving. Carroll gambles and goes for the TD on fourth down on our goal line and we hold. With 5:37 left on the clock, Manning orchestrates one of the longest drives in SB history throwing the go-head touchdown to Wes Welker, who hangs on as he's sandwiched mid-air between both Seattle safeties and comes down on his neck with 18 seconds left on the clock. In an appropriate ending, Russel Wilson's hail Mary at the end of the game is picked off by Champ Bailey in the final seconds and he walks off a SB Champion at last. Broncos 28-24.

Ratboy
01-29-2014, 11:26 PM
Total domination by Denver's offense.

48 - 16

Los Broncos
01-29-2014, 11:28 PM
Feeling anxious, it can't get here fast enough.

ZONA
01-29-2014, 11:34 PM
I can't wait any longer to destroy these punks and hoist that trophy. I want all the Clayton's of the world to eat their **** pie and suck it.

I think it's funny how so many people don't give the best offense in NFL history any credit here. Clayton saying we would come in 3rd place in the NFC West. Fuc him, he would come in 1st place in a your head looks like a bowling ball contest.

Agamemnon
01-29-2014, 11:35 PM
I really don't know. I'm a homer so I'm generally leaning toward us winning, but I can see two scenarios.

Scenario One

Denver shuts down Lynch, as they have all running backs this year. They also get enough pressure on Wilson to force some throws that don't hit their mark. Percy Harvin is rusty and isn't much of a factor in the passing game and the end around plays don't fool anybody. Denver's offense looks about the same except they are running the ball better. After grinding out a couple of field goals, but allowing no points by the Seahawks, Denver breaks open a touchdown and slowly pulls away. Seattle manages to put up a few scores but they run out of time. Denver wins 27-16.

Scenario Two

Denver shuts down Lynch, as they have all running backs this year. However Wilson uses his elusiveness to throw several deep balls that find their mark. Some are on third and long, when they seemingly have Wilson bottled up, but he escapes at the last minute in a brilliant display and his receivers make great catches that someone get wide open. It reminds everyone of the Dallas game. Denver's receivers struggle with the muggy nature of the Seattle secondary and the cold day causes some drops to fall into the hands of the Seattle Secondary. Percy Harvin has some effective plays and returns a punt for a score. Lynch is able to grind out a late drive to abort a failed comeback. Denver's mistakes do them in and Seattle outlasts them 24-20.

Scenario 3

Both teams go back and forth in a surprisingly good shoot out. Denver attacks surgically. Wilson free lances. Neither running game seems able to get going. Both teams get some key turnovers and by mid fourth quarter Seattle is up by three and driving. Carroll gambles and goes for the TD on fourth down on our goal line and we hold. With 5:37 left on the clock, Manning orchestrates one of the longest drives in SB history throwing the go-head touchdown to Wes Welker, who hangs on as he's sandwiched mid-air between both Seattle safeties and comes down on his neck with 18 seconds left on the clock. In an appropriate ending, Russel Wilson's hail Mary at the end of the game is picked off by Champ Bailey in the final seconds and he walks off a SB Champion at last. Broncos 28-24.

Not sure how you left out the scenario where Manning turns in his Magnum Opus and outright obliterates the #1 pass defense in the league leading to a 41-20 final score (or something similar). Not what I would predict that per se, but it's quite possible given the insane things he's managed this year.

Agamemnon
01-29-2014, 11:37 PM
I can't wait any longer to destroy these punks and hoist that trophy. I want all the Clayton's of the world to eat their **** pie and suck it.

I think it's funny how so many people don't give the best offense in NFL history any credit here. Clayton saying we would come in 3rd place in the NFC West. Fuc him, he would come in 1st place in a your head looks like a bowling ball contest.

The opinions of retards really aren't worth this strong of a response. Seriously you are talking about John Clayton. That dude is never right about anything.

Kaylore
01-29-2014, 11:43 PM
Not sure how you left out the scenario where Manning turns in his Magnum Opus and outright obliterates the #1 pass defense in the league leading to a 41-20 final score (or something similar). Not what I would predict that per se, but it's quite possible given the insane things he's managed this year.

Yeah for some reason I think that could happen, but can't visualize it. I have made a comment in another thread that this could be like Broncos Vs. Niners. Denver had a good scoring defense and a strong secondary that just got totally out-schemed.

I know we're going to play well. But I don't know if we're going to play that well, and I think we could lose this game. It will come down to a few clutch plays.

Doggcow
01-29-2014, 11:44 PM
10/10, will smash

Agamemnon
01-29-2014, 11:45 PM
Yeah for some reason I think that could happen, but can't visualize it. I have made a comment in another thread that this could be like Broncos Vs. Niners. Denver had a good scoring defense and a strong secondary that just got totally out-schemed.

I know we're going to play well. But I don't know if we're going to play that well, and I think we could lose this game. It will come down to a few clutch plays.

Like I said, I'm not predicting it, but then I wouldn't have predicted the season Manning just had. I'd be scared if I was a Seahawk fan.

24champ
01-29-2014, 11:50 PM
Very confident we will win.

Broncos are the team of destiny this season. Talking heads on the radio and TV have conveniently ignored the adversity the Broncos have faced since the end of last season. From losing in OT to the Ravens, multiple offseason DUIs, injuries piling up at key positions, HC nearly dies on a golf course.

Every other team in the NFL would have fallen apart given those circumstances, not the Broncos. Why? We're the team of destiny.

Broncos in a blowout, I just have a feeling that Manning & Co. want to put an exclamation point to this amazing season.

24champ
01-29-2014, 11:56 PM
10/10, will smash

http://www.crushable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Walter-White-Youre-Goddamn-Right.gif

Old Dude
01-30-2014, 07:58 AM
I’ve been lousy at predicting scenarios and scores this year, but pretty good at predicting outcomes. Three times I had bad feelings leading up to a game. The first was @Dallas, and Denver barely got away with that one.

The second was @Indy, which may have been Denver’s worst performance in terms of self-destructing. (4 turnovers, including a Hillman fumble inside the 5 with 3:03 to go, numerous dumb penalties on the Denver D throughout the second half, Von Miller sluggish on the first game back after his suspension, Champ getting re-injured almost immediately, Manning sacked 4 times – 20% of the season total, etc.)

The third was the Thursday nighter vs. San Diego. The Broncos were bellyaching all week about even having to play that game. You just KNEW they were going to deliver a flat performance against a team that was playing for its entire season.

I didn’t see the New England loss coming, especially after the first half. Hopefully, that was an aberration.

I guess the good news is that I don’t have a “bad” feeling about the upcoming game. I think Denver is ready for it and I don’t think the hype will distract them very much.
Much of the talk is about Denver’s receivers vs. Seattle’s secondary. The Broncos don’t have to win all of those matchups. They don’t even have to win half of them. If on any given play they win even one of them, there’s a pretty good chance Manning will take advantage of it. And they don’t even need to do that every down.

Seattle’s offense is primarily a rushing attack. Denver’s defense has played well against the run for most of the year and that seems to have improved in the last month. What’s more is that Lynch is most effective between the tackles – not so much when he runs east-west. But with Pot Roast emerging, that seems to be where Denver is strongest as well.

There’s no doubt that Denver’s rush defense has benefitted to some extent from teams going to the pass in the second half of games. But that doesn’t happen unless the D is able to contain opposing rushing attacks in the first half and – by and large – they’ve done that.

Rushing attacks featuring bulldozer backs – even fast ones like Lynch – work best in close games or in games in which the O has the lead, because they can grind down an opponent. Seattle might not have that luxury here.

As a matter of course, this game could go either way. Nothing can protect anyone from stupid penalties, untimely injuries at key positions and sloppy turnovers. But I like Denver’s chances in this one and I think they win this game three times out of four.

Unfortunately, it’s not a series, so I’ll be as nervous as anyone else.

Chrissy Rules
01-30-2014, 08:14 AM
I think we lead the game, most of it if not all of it.

Seattle nearly lost at home. They fumbled several times and in spite of several SF fumbles, still relied on a late bad throw by Kaepernick. They did not look like a strong, Super Bowl-ready team in the NFC title game. Denver, however, did.

to me this is the statement that is the truest that I have seen in ALL threads and forums. No matter who you are for.... ESPN is making me nervous all this talk about the SeaHawks but then I think back to those to championship games and its no contest.....^5

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-30-2014, 08:26 AM
Feeling strangely confident. If we don't beat ourselves, we win.

Quiet first half, and the halftime show will be discussing Seattle's defense being the story of the game, 10-7 or 7-3 after one half.

Second half, we score out of the gate. We get a stop and score again. And with a 10 or 14 point lead, Seattle has to abandon the run while we play keep away with our running game.

34-20, Broncos.

TD4HOF
01-30-2014, 09:29 AM
Feeling strangely confident. If we don't beat ourselves, we win.

Quiet first half, and the halftime show will be discussing Seattle's defense being the story of the game, 10-7 or 7-3 after one half.

Second half, we score out of the gate. We get a stop and score again. And with a 10 or 14 point lead, Seattle has to abandon the run while we play keep away with our running game.

34-20, Broncos.

Second part of your first sentence. Frame it..post it on bulletin board. Just play a complete game and the glory is alllllll ours.

HELLHAMMER
01-30-2014, 09:56 AM
I would be less confident if they were playing the 9ers. I'm pretty relaxed about this matchup. Anything can happen of course.

OldschoolFreak
01-30-2014, 10:01 AM
Always nervous, every game, that's just he way I roll I guess. I like Kaylore's analysis and agree that this game could take one of several looks based on tempo and early execution.

I also agree with Old Dude with his 3 of 4 comment. To me the key is Denver capitalizing on that 3 of 4 advantage and realizing we need to impose our will on this game.

Denver needs to come out aggressive but within their gameplan to score on two of the first first three possessions, hold Seattle to 3 first half three and outs, score right before the half and you have effectively taken Seattle out of their game plan by the third quarter. That's what I want to see because from there, it feels very unlikely that Seattle can play a comeback game to win (if Rivers and Brady couldn't pull off that trick, I'm confident Wilson cannot either).

What I really hope doesn't happen is for Denver to come out timid, flat, and conservative to not put anything on the scoreboard. That's just begging Lynch to break off a 60 yarder early in the second half, causing the O to press and resulting in a Sherman pick-6.

Bottom line, I'm not one for predictions but this is the Broncos' game to lose. If we are aggressive enough to impose our will and turn it into our kind of game, we win. If not, we still could win but it could easily go either way.

Samiwindr
01-30-2014, 10:06 AM
I'm nervous as hell, but I honestly feel our team will be more focused and prepared mentally for 60 minutes of football. I think we'll weather a storm of Seahawk energy in the first quarter and then settle into slowly choking the life out of em' until the clock hits .00. "Hear that Carrol? That... is the sound of inevitability."

GO BRONCOS!!!! FINISH.

OldschoolFreak
01-30-2014, 10:07 AM
Honestly, game planning will come into play as much anything else. I've warmed on Fox as a coach this year but still worry that the worst thing that could happen is us getting in our own way by being too safe, to risk averse, too conservative.

OldschoolFreak
01-30-2014, 10:13 AM
I guess I just feel like they know we are going to dink and dunk which we should definitely continue to do. My sense though is that a big play will dramatically increase our ability to do so the rest of the game.

Greatspirits
01-30-2014, 10:21 AM
It comes down to turnovers, we don't turn it over we win easily, 35-20

Hulamau
01-30-2014, 10:46 AM

Scenario One

Scenario Two

Scenario 3

I'm good with Scenarios' 2 or 3 ... though 'Scenario 4' Id much prefer, with Denver jumping to a big 1st quarter lead with a pick 6 early on a bit too jacked up Seattle offense, followed by a 3 and out with Trindon or Decker returning Hawks kick for 7 to spot the Broncos 14-0 before Manning and the offense even get on the field.

After another punt on drive three. Manning takes over and orchestrates an 80 yard precision drive making it 21 zip at the end of quarter one. Half time score is 35 -0 ( maybe 35-3) Broncos who also score on a long drive to open the second half to bury even the most idealistic of Hawks hopes and the rest of the game is a prolonged exercise in which the Hawks though a lot of Hail Mary's and the Broncos try to run out the clock as quickly as possible .. an effort even the Hawks silently by into by the 4th quarter just wanting to get off the field and reboot next year.

Final score in scenario 4 Broncos win 45- 17. :sunshine:

dictionary
01-30-2014, 10:53 AM
I feel the same way!

I felt the same way vs. NE in the playoffs as well...

TBH, I was more nervous about the SD Divisional game than any other this season.

Agapeman
01-30-2014, 10:54 AM
I have had a good gut feeling about which way things are going all year, good and bad, I felt bad about the Thur, SD game, felt good about the divisional game but that one made me the most nervous. Then the championship game for some reason I was totally confident that we would take care of business against the patriots. I have a great feeling about this game and it may not be as close as most are expecting. I would be more concerned if the 9ers got in. I've got Denver winning 34-24 but not being as close as the score may indicate in the end.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-30-2014, 11:00 AM
Lynch knocks out 3 defenders on his first carry. Sherman single handedly devastates Denver’s D. Elway ultimately resigns.

Seahawks 36-0.

YOUR SO WRONG THE SCORE IS TOO CLOSE !!! this is whats going to happen manning gets broken in half oz hears hes going in and dies of fright Fox suffers a fatal heart attack. pat bowlen winds up getting stinking drunk and tries to go in as the whole team and gets pummeled to death by the mighty seahawks who have the best defense offense ever!!!!.
CBS will then switch over to heidi again after the first quarter.
meanwhile the citizens of colorado and denver will burn down invesco sports authority field. Obama will take Colorado out of the USA.
the NFL will remove the Broncos from the NFL and remove all references about them from the record books .
oh the score will be seattle 999999999 Denver minus infinity .
we got no hope nor change

hambone13
01-30-2014, 11:03 AM

That's an objective analysis and a perspective I share. Solid interview. SeaCock fans need to watch this in their quake.

cutthemdown
01-30-2014, 11:17 AM
Broncos 34, Hawks 17 They can't hang with Denver.

cutthemdown
01-30-2014, 11:19 AM
The Seahawks rely too much on rotating the front 7 in and out. Manning is an evil QB. He will have figured out a way to go hurry up at just the right time trapping a certain group of defenders on the field.

IMO it will be the big group. Once they put in the run stopping package and we get a first down on them it will be on. Manning will call the plays at the LOS and keep them on the field.

cutthemdown
01-30-2014, 11:20 AM
If Seattle defense was this good using the same front 4 more then I would be more worried.

Johnykbr
01-30-2014, 11:20 AM
First dream we lost 34-10 and ESPN was covered with pictures of Pete Carroll holding up the trophy. Second dream we were winning 23-3 at half then won 76-52 with ESPN emblazoned with a smiling Peyton holding the trophy and articles about him being the first QB to win SB's with two teams.

cutthemdown
01-30-2014, 11:21 AM
Seahawks defense isn't even better then ours, just healthier for the season.

TonyR
01-30-2014, 11:25 AM
...the Broncos have the best rushing defense in the league (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2013&seasonType=POST&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1), bar none...

We have a good rush D, but you cheated using only playoff stats as your ranking. We were tied for 7th with Seattle in the regular season.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&tabSeq=2&season=2013&role=OPP&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&qualified=false

nyuk nyuk
01-30-2014, 11:31 AM
Lynch is obviously the concern on the offensive side of the ball, and the Broncos have the best rushing defense in the league (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2013&seasonType=POST&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1), bar none...

That's postseason. Look at regular season stats.

nyuk nyuk
01-30-2014, 11:33 AM
First dream we lost 34-10 and ESPN was covered with pictures of Pete Carroll holding up the trophy. Second dream we were winning 23-3 at half then won 76-52 with ESPN emblazoned with a smiling Peyton holding the trophy and articles about him being the first QB to win SB's with two teams.

This is a dream?

I dreamed about 2 months ago we won the Super Bowl and Manning was there.

Irish Stout
01-30-2014, 12:04 PM
I feel like puking.

DenverBound
01-30-2014, 12:10 PM
Let's go already. I'm tired of taking about it. Just want to play the Damn game and eat some good food.

crush17
01-30-2014, 12:12 PM
I feel like puking.

I'm there as well.

Imagine how the players feel...

gunns
01-30-2014, 07:40 PM
I've been fine since the AFCC. Very calm, got a lot of work done this week. But today was my end of the week and now the butterflies have hit. It's not worry, it's more excitement. The Broncos are playing in the Super Bowl. It feels great!

Rohirrim
01-30-2014, 08:13 PM
OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I feeling very Zen.

Bronco Yoda
01-30-2014, 10:12 PM
We got this!

barryr
01-31-2014, 05:27 AM
It'll come to if the Seattle offense can do what the Chargers did twice against the Broncos and generate enough points and limit the Bronco possessions by controlling the clock. If they can, then they have a great chance to win.

The Broncos need to stuff the run and make Wilson have to throw 30+ times in this game.

Seattle's defense will make plays, but I could see Julius Thomas having a big game since all the attention seems to be on the WR's. He could be the forgotten guy that comes up big.

But like with any game, it comes to who makes the fewest mistakes. Turnovers, penalties, missed assignments, dropped balls, blown coverages, and missed tackles, the team with the fewest of those typically determines the winner. Plus, what teams do on 3rd down will be key too.

But I'll go:

Broncos 27
Seattle 20

ScottXray
01-31-2014, 08:21 AM
If the Broncos stop Seattles run they cannot grind it out and control time of possession.

They rely on moving/scoring with big plays and Lynch/Turbin moving the chains, and their defense giving them extra possessions and scores.

Stop the run and Wilson has to keep drives going with the pass.. I don't think Seattle will be able to control TOP and keep Denvers Offense off the field or that Seattles Defense will be able to keep Denver from scoring at least 24 points.

As everyone says....turnover margin will define this game. If its even or better Denver wins.

milehighJC
01-31-2014, 08:41 AM
Keep hearing that Seattle lines up on defense without really trying to disguise much. They think their scheme and players are good enough to make the plays regardless of what the offense throws at them.

Yes, they are good.

But if they play pretty much straight up, then I believe Manning will be able to audible into the optimal plays to beat them - in other words, Manning's five head is better than the Seahawk's athletes.

That, and we have some pretty good athletes too. Im particularly interested in seeing how Sherman does against us. Is he REALLY the best corner in the game? We get to find out vs the most potent offense in the game.

The closer we get to the game, the better I feel. I think it will be one for the ages, but Broncos win 34 27.

bpc
01-31-2014, 08:49 AM
So tired of talk. Want to see Denver put the foot to Seattle's ass.

After hearing a lot of the talking head former "peers" from the NFL picking Seattle, I just hope our team comes out fired up ready to kick some ass. The cliche is that the win depends on our OL/DL. If they control the LOS, I don't see how we lose. Denver needs to play fast (we've traditionally started slow this year) and jump on these guys early. I want Wilson with the pressure on him to keep up. He will throw the ball to us if forced to pass predictably.

NFLBRONCO
01-31-2014, 08:51 AM
I expect Seattle to come out throwing.

Stop the Run
Limit big quirky plays with Wilson Scrambling
No turnovers
Wr's must play big because these guys are physical
Our D needs to win this game imo.

Smiling Assassin27
01-31-2014, 08:53 AM
no respect for our defense thus far. none. reminds me of 97 when it was all Reggie White and Gilbert Brown talk all the time. then our defense came out and created turnovers and hit anything that moved in white.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-31-2014, 08:56 AM
We have a good rush D, but you cheated using only playoff stats as your ranking. We were tied for 7th with Seattle in the regular season.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&tabSeq=2&season=2013&role=OPP&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&qualified=false

i love the TonyR postings. He's such a worrier that he refuses to post positive things about the Broncos. I know he's a huge fan and he's just trying to temper expectations, but seriously dude...its ok, be optimistic. If we're wrong, so be it

Smiling Assassin27
01-31-2014, 09:01 AM
i love the TonyR postings. He's such a worrier that he refuses to post positive things about the Broncos. I know he's a huge fan and he's just trying to temper expectations, but seriously dude...its ok, be optimistic. If we're wrong, so be it

Eeyores gon' eeyore.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m13nrrgiWr1rogs7xo1_r2_500.jpg

SonOfLe-loLang
01-31-2014, 09:06 AM
Eeyores gon' eeyore.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m13nrrgiWr1rogs7xo1_r2_500.jpg

Eeyore does have some great ones.

BroncoFanDoug
01-31-2014, 09:26 AM
I think Denver is the better team and has the better QB so I think they win. However, I am always nervous because whatever anyone wants to say these games have an element of luck. Injuries, turnovers, bad untimely calls - these can all turn a game between 2 good teams.

However here is my blow-out scenario that I consider possible if not likely

Denver D manages Lynch and handles their O quite well early in the game. The Broncos are able to dink and dunk there way down the field for 3 points, then as Seattle starts to move the D-backs closer to the line, we go over the top for 7 more before half. 10-3 at half. First drive by Denver makes it 17-3. Seattle tries to keep the running game in play and 2 teams trade FGs. Now 20-6 Seattle abandons the run and Wilson under pressure throws a pic. Denver with a short field go up 27-6. The linemen pin their ears back and a linebacker plays spy and against a weak O-line create havoc with multiple sacks. Denver goes to clock burning puts up another 3. Seattle unable to get off a magic big play slinks into the locker room losing 30-6.

Certainly not impossible!

Go Broncos!!

CHEF LUIGI
01-31-2014, 09:32 AM
So tired of talk. Want to see Denver put the foot to Seattle's ass.

After hearing a lot of the talking head former "peers" from the NFL picking Seattle, I just hope our team comes out fired up ready to kick some ass. The cliche is that the win depends on our OL/DL. If they control the LOS, I don't see how we lose. Denver needs to play fast (we've traditionally started slow this year) and jump on these guys early. I want Wilson with the pressure on him to keep up. He will throw the ball to us if forced to pass predictably.

RW is a very competent QB.
poised and intelligent, with genuine passing talent and top shelf mobility.

Our broncos need to do much more than just SCORE.
Just as we have in tyhese play-offs, our O is obligated to control the game, clock and field position.
Our O must help to keep our depleted D on the sidelines.
If we ruin the ball less than 20 times we lose.

stopgap
01-31-2014, 10:20 AM
I am strangely calm and confident about this one.

ditto

OldschoolFreak
01-31-2014, 11:03 AM
Just rewatched teh AFCCG and I feel diferently about it than I did before. Two things stand out:

1) We still haven't played our "complete game". So many points left on the field due to lack of execution (JT drop of easy TD from 10ish yard line is the most obvious). Sunday has to be that game. No dumb turnovers or easy drops and four field goals will not get it done. We must get into the endzone consistently to take control and get them out of their gameplan.

2) I loved the playoff adjustment to go from high flying up tempo to grind it out clock control and that was definitely the right recipe for SD and NE but I think we need to go back to what we do best this week and move quickly. Yes, scoring on 6 of 8 possessions would be nice but is unlikely against this D. We need to put up points and the best way to do that is to light them up early. Get into a rhythm and aggressively march down that field.

Chrissy Rules
01-31-2014, 11:06 AM
I feel like eating some sea chicken pot pie.....

BroncoFanDoug
01-31-2014, 11:17 AM
2) I loved the playoff adjustment to go from high flying up tempo to grind it out clock control and that was definitely the right recipe for SD and NE but I think we need to go back to what we do best this week and move quickly. Yes, scoring on 6 of 8 possessions would be nice but is unlikely against this D. We need to put up points and the best way to do that is to light them up early. Get into a rhythm and aggressively march down that field.

I think a lot of this ends up being dictated by how the other team plays defense more than any given game plan - or to say it differently our game plan probably says if they play like this then lets do this, if they play like that lets do this other thing.

Example, in the NE game there were giving up the runs and short throws to protect deep. So we did and did it well. This is where PFM is the master - reading what play has the greatest chance of success based on the D.

Anyway I am ready for the dang game! GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greatspirits
01-31-2014, 11:29 AM
I keep going back and forth I feel confident then start worrying then feel confident then start worrying again! Right know I feel a little bit of both confident and worry at the same time!

OldschoolFreak
01-31-2014, 11:42 AM
I think a lot of this ends up being dictated by how the other team plays defense more than any given game plan - or to say it differently our game plan probably says if they play like this then lets do this, if they play like that lets do this other thing.

Example, in the NE game there were giving up the runs and short throws to protect deep. So we did and did it well. This is where PFM is the master - reading what play has the greatest chance of success based on the D.

Anyway I am ready for the dang game! GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed, and I'm not saying they should do anything other than taking what the defense gives; don't force it. BUT...Just in terms of pacing and time elapsed between plays, I'd like to see the offense play faster this game to maybe split the difference and try to get to 10 possessions on the night rather than the 8 we've been averaging in the playoffs (12ish in regular season).

I just feel like this D really is quite good so to expect the same amount of productivity in terms of points per drive is a mistake. The way around that is volume; if we have 25% more possessions then in the NE and SD games, that's 25% more scoring opportunities.

Bronco Yoda
01-31-2014, 11:49 AM
We got this!

Julius Thomas will be the one going Beast Mode!

34-17 Broncos!

Greatspirits
01-31-2014, 12:09 PM
We got this!

Julius Thomas will be the one going Beast Mode!

34-17 Broncos!

I'd like to see Knowshon and Monte go a little Beast Mode as well!

Cito Pelon
01-31-2014, 12:12 PM
Agreed, and I'm not saying they should do anything other than taking what the defense gives; don't force it. BUT...Just in terms of pacing and time elapsed between plays, I'd like to see the offense play faster this game to maybe split the difference and try to get to 10 possessions on the night rather than the 8 we've been averaging in the playoffs (12ish in regular season).

I just feel like this D really is quite good so to expect the same amount of productivity in terms of points per drive is a mistake. The way around that is volume; if we have 25% more possessions then in the NE and SD games, that's 25% more scoring opportunities.

Yeah, that's interesting, the points per drive angle. I was listening to an oddsmaker this morning (RJ Bell), I can't remember the exact numbers but he was saying Denver avg'd something like 8 plays and 3 minutes per TD drive reg season, that went up to 12 plays and 5 minutes postseason.

OldschoolFreak
01-31-2014, 12:44 PM
Yeah, that's interesting, the points per drive angle. I was listening to an oddsmaker this morning (RJ Bell), I can't remember the exact numbers but he was saying Denver avg'd something like 8 plays and 3 minutes per TD drive reg season, that went up to 12 plays and 5 minutes postseason.

Yep and that was intentional and brilliantly executed; exactly the right gameplan for the challenges they faced in SD and NE. My hope is that they can again realize the need to adjust and use faster pacing to give the offense 2-3 more opportunities to put up points this game since we might very well need them (not to mention limiting substitutions and tiring out he DL).

Hulamau
01-31-2014, 01:09 PM

This scenario is a real possibilty too, of course it may not play out that way, but with two weeks to scheme the cover 3- cover 1 crash defense of the Hawks, its entirely possible for a dominating performance by Manning and the whole team could explode, with a little luck in the wind and weather that is starting to look more promising.

Broncos could even spot the Hawks a score while working out the early nerves and then go on a tear clicking in gear and Manning just being on fire. Not unlike he has dominated some other great defenses in his day.

It will likely take some big turn overs and a couple scores by our defense and/or ST while keeping Lynch and Wilson contained, if not shut down, for the explosion to happen, but it very much could.

In any event, I'm putting some serious mojo thought in that direction, for what little that might be worth.

RedskinBronco
01-31-2014, 01:23 PM
My gut tells me it will be a blow out one way or the other.

I was more confident about '98 and '99

Cito Pelon
01-31-2014, 01:25 PM
Yep and that was intentional and brilliantly executed; exactly the right gameplan for the challenges they faced in SD and NE. My hope is that they can again realize the need to adjust and use faster pacing to give the offense 2-3 more opportunities to put up points this game since we might very well need them (not to mention limiting substitutions and tiring out he DL).

Yeah, from what I read Seattle likes to shuttle in DL guys a lot. I see they have a ton of DE's with like 6-8 sacks apiece.