PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Wagner says Seahawks will hit Broncos if they run “pick plays”

bronco0608
01-29-2014, 07:28 PM
If (when) the Denver Broncos try to utilize “pick plays” against the Seattle Seahawks defense during Super Bowl XLVIII on Sunday, the Seattle Seahawks will be ready for it.

The Seahawks’ secondary is capable of playing tight man-to-man coverage against opposing receivers. Against man coverage, the Broncos frequently employ the use of crossing routes that can leave trailing defenders caught up in traffic. But the Broncos man get more than they bargained for against the Seahawks.

“They run a lot of crossing routes but they’re not going to pick us off like that,” linebacker Bobby Wagner said. “We’re too physical for that. We’re not going to just sit there and let them pick us off. We’re going to hit them.”

Broncos receiver Wes Welker injured New England Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib when they collided on a crossing route. No flag was thrown and the league determined it was a legal play, though “pick plays” are illegal and would have been called as offensive pass interference.

Illegal picks or otherwise, Wagner isn’t sure the Broncos will like the result if they try to use crossing routes against Seattle.

“It can be illegal, legal… try to pick Kam Chancellor. See how that works out,” Wagner said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/29/bobby-wagner-says-seahawks-will-hit-broncos-if-they-run-pick-plays/

bpc
01-29-2014, 07:34 PM
Seahawks have been pressing all buttons since this week started... working the officials, threats through media, running high speed practices trying to simulate Denver's speed on the ball. These guys have no idea how fast the bullets are going to be flying come Sunday. Denver just needs to hit a few home early and the doubt will start creeping in on them and hounding their offense to keep up.

Paladin
01-29-2014, 07:37 PM
O o o o o..........
Challenge much?

LetsGoBroncos
01-29-2014, 07:41 PM
Well if they hit a WR running a route the refs "should" call pass interference right?

BroncosfanGuy
01-29-2014, 07:43 PM
Well if they hit a WR running a route the refs "should" call pass interference right?

if it's past 5 yards, PMFM is in the pocket, and the defender initiates contact it could be illegal contact. If the ball's in the air and the defender initiates contact it could be pi. or not. just depends on how the officials call the game. these things are judgment calls and subject to the whims of the officiating crew, but technically under these circumstances it's against the rules.

Action
01-29-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm pretty sure both teams will be up the refs ass about this.

They'll get a chance to ask the refs before the game how they will call it.

Paladin
01-29-2014, 07:46 PM
if it's past 5 yards, PMFM is in the pocket, and the defender initiates contact it could be illegal contact. If the ball's in the air and the defender initiates contact it could be pi. or not. just depends on how the officials call the game. these things are judgment calls and subject to the whims of the officiating crew, but technically under these circumstances it's against the rules.

Hmmmm, thanks. Didn't know that.

Sly_Eli
01-29-2014, 07:49 PM
If Chancellor knocks the receiver out that's trying to pick him then he'll end up losing coverage on his own guy anyway.

crush17
01-29-2014, 07:50 PM
Whole lotta yappin' goin' on over there. Keep it coming fellas.

If you're worried about rub plays to the point you feel you need to discuss it with reporters, the Broncos are already in your head.

Advantage: Denver

Action
01-29-2014, 07:53 PM
If Chancellor knocks the receiver out that's trying to pick him then he'll end up losing coverage on his own guy anyway.

In theory, they could just knock out both receivers that are running on a switch depending on route.

If they're going to go head hunting with those pick plays, refs will definitely call it. I mean at the end of the day, they're just routes that are ran with 2 receivers really close to each other.

All Broncos are really looking for really is for the DB to slow down for a split second.

BroncosfanGuy
01-29-2014, 07:55 PM
In theory, they could just knock out both receivers that are running on a switch depending on route.

there's letting them play and then there's a real-life reenactment of nfl blitz. this is the latter. if the DBs start dicknailing WRs downfield on crossing routes because they see a potential pick coming, i suspect the officials would rein that in pretty quickly.

errand
01-29-2014, 08:10 PM
When Kaylore pointed out how this SB is eerily similar (cue Twilight zone theme music) to the match-up of SB XXIV between Denver and SF, he was spot on.

The 49ers offense was all world and the Broncos had the #1 defense (points allowed) and were 2nd in point differential (136) 3rd in yards allowed (#3 vs pass and #6 vs rush)

Now think about our "great" defense that season....people feared the Broncos and were out muscled by the Broncos who did little to disguise their coverages...they just lined up and dared opposing teams to try and beat them.

Braxton played CB during that season and led the team with 6 INT's...Henderson had 3 himself.

Dennis Smith and Steve Atwater were our hard hitting safeties who dared you to come across the middle on them, and those who dared to do just that had to have their heads on a swivel and the duo combined for 5 INT's as well

Our starting DE's Carreker and Holmes combined for 14.5 sacks...with LB's Mecklenburg and Fletcher adding another 19.5....and our run defense was very good.

And yet, they were completely embarrassed 55-10 by a 49ers team who led the NFL in scoring and point differential (189) had the epitome of poise under center, an all-pupose RB who could run, catch and block, and two very good WR's who were very good at getting YAC.

food for thought....

Gutless Drunk
01-29-2014, 08:13 PM

Yea, but he does not know that because it's already what they do every play and it's called infrequently. I guess it's gotten so bad they do actually think its legal.

TripleTilde
01-29-2014, 08:15 PM
This could be bad. If the refs "let them play", this could result in Seattle taking considerable liberties on defense. You could say "we're in their heads" but so much relies on how the officials call the game. Its gap kind of lame that referees call games one way throughout the regular season then change their strike zones in the post season.

It's a precarious issue.

Vegas_Bronco
01-29-2014, 08:15 PM
Lol...they must have eyes in the back of their heads.

pricejj
01-29-2014, 08:22 PM
Hilarious! Bring it on losers.

These morons have been on their tough guy schtick for two weeks now. I can't wait until Orlando Franklin crumples Wagner's narrow ass.

winstoncup bronco
01-29-2014, 08:29 PM
Am I the only one who's getting more and more confident?

The Seahawks do so much talking. I'll bet somewhere down the road, if/when they make another Super Bowl, they'll talk about how they didn't take this game seriously enough, how they were worried more about puffing their chests, and trying to play the game through the media, instead of respecting their opponent.

StugotsIII
01-29-2014, 08:30 PM
Every team in HS, college and the NFL runs pick plays...some just do it better than others.

lookin' glass
01-29-2014, 08:39 PM
Yea, but he does not know that because it's already what they do every play and it's called infrequently. I guess it's gotten so bad they do actually think its legal.

I agree with this. They already hit receivers regardless. I will be curious to see if the refs put a stop to a lot of the Sqwacks antics like they did to both sides in the NFC championship game.

bpc
01-29-2014, 09:14 PM
The good news is if they are worried about hitting a crosser, it will probably get a flag and we'll have a guy running open. Win & win.

WoodMan
01-29-2014, 09:19 PM

yep

broncocalijohn
01-29-2014, 09:24 PM
Love to see Broncos show cross pattern so defender steps in front of Thomas only to see Welker peel off the pick and go down the middle wide open.

Keira's Lip Balm
01-29-2014, 09:32 PM
If what's going through your mind pre-snap is "I'm gonna rough up Welker if he comes dragging his lily-white ass into my house" PFM has already won. That dude's entire game is predicated on foreknowledge of events. We might see the advent of the fake pick.

Bigdawg26
01-29-2014, 09:36 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnc9Dwy5VOeMz4DNlxRVQ7GuNgkRZV6 0s29wd4MHUwNqs8TPk2

Houshyamama
01-29-2014, 09:42 PM
yeah I'm not scared

nyuk nyuk
01-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Whoever wrote this article is saying he's more football literate than NFL HQ. It was specifically NOT offensive PI because it was the same instant when the ball arrived. Who hires these people??

Houshyamama
01-29-2014, 09:43 PM
If what's going through your mind pre-snap is "I'm gonna rough up Welker if he comes dragging his lily-white ass into my house" PFM has already won. That dude's entire game is predicated on foreknowledge of events. We might see the advent of the fake pick.

and then the fake, fake pick, where it's a double negative and Welker makes another DB his bitch

nyuk nyuk
01-29-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm calling on Welker making big plays in this game, dissipating the old slander he's had hanging on his head about him making drops in big games.

BroncosfanGuy
01-29-2014, 09:50 PM
Whoever wrote this article is saying he's more football literate than NFL HQ. It was specifically NOT offensive PI because it was the same instant when the ball arrived. Who hires these people??

nbc

pricejj
01-29-2014, 10:21 PM
We might see the advent of the fake pick.

Brilliant

spiralism
01-29-2014, 10:31 PM
This is eerily similar to KC talking about how they were gonna rough us up in week 11. Just sayin'

theAPAOps5
01-29-2014, 10:35 PM
If (when) the Denver Broncos try to utilize “pick plays” against the Seattle Seahawks defense during Super Bowl XLVIII on Sunday, the Seattle Seahawks will be ready for it.

The Seahawks’ secondary is capable of playing tight man-to-man coverage against opposing receivers. Against man coverage, the Broncos frequently employ the use of crossing routes that can leave trailing defenders caught up in traffic. But the Broncos man get more than they bargained for against the Seahawks.

“They run a lot of crossing routes but they’re not going to pick us off like that,” linebacker Bobby Wagner said. “We’re too physical for that. We’re not going to just sit there and let them pick us off. We’re going to hit them.”

Broncos receiver Wes Welker injured New England Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib when they collided on a crossing route. No flag was thrown and the league determined it was a legal play, though “pick plays” are illegal and would have been called as offensive pass interference.

Illegal picks or otherwise, Wagner isn’t sure the Broncos will like the result if they try to use crossing routes against Seattle.

“It can be illegal, legal… try to pick Kam Chancellor. See how that works out,” Wagner said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/29/bobby-wagner-says-seahawks-will-hit-broncos-if-they-run-pick-plays/

LOL, someone is about to get embarrassed, Denver hits back. Manning is about to expose these chumps.

ZONA
01-29-2014, 11:05 PM
This is nothing but Seattle trying to psyche out the Broncos. They're not anymore physical then the next team. They just have more skilled defensive players then most teams. But it's not like it's going to be some gorilla fighting a baboon or something. Last time I checked, we have big guys too. Nice try Seattle. Better be getting your minds in the right place instead of your mouths in the wrong place.

Joe Seahawk
01-29-2014, 11:12 PM
Welker remembers the LOB.8')

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oRHQAS-vtKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SeahawkTalons
01-29-2014, 11:15 PM
Welker remembers the LOB.8')

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oRHQAS-vtKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yep. That game didn't end too well for Welker and Brady.

"u mad bro?"

lol

SeahawkTalons
01-29-2014, 11:17 PM
http://rack.0.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEyLzEyLzA0LzllL3NlYWhhd2t0d2VlLmJlbS5qcGcKcA l0aHVtYgkxMjAweDYyNyMKZQlqcGc/8b462834/a85/seahawk-tweets-to-tom-brady-after-beating-him-u-mad-bro--032a446253.jpg

lol

Taco John
01-29-2014, 11:18 PM
That's as nice a shot as you'll ever see in football... Of course, the other thing you saw there was Wes Welker get up and continue to burn the Seahawks to the tune of 10 catches for 138 yards, including a 46 yard burner (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000080100/Welker-46-yard-TD-catch). Welker is as tough as they come.

theAPAOps5
01-29-2014, 11:20 PM
That's as nice a shot as you'll ever see in football... Of course, the other thing you saw there was Wes Welker get up and continue to burn the Seahawks to the tune of 10 catches for 138 yards. Welker is as tough as they come.

Shhhh facts are wasted on this crap franchises fan base. I mean all they have is the DVOA stat and John Clayton.

Taco John
01-29-2014, 11:23 PM
By the end of this game, Earl Thomas is going to be a hated figure in Seahawks lore.

pricejj
01-29-2014, 11:23 PM
Brandon Browner was suspended for steroids morons.

You really can't make some of this stuff up. Idiot Seadorks cackling at a hit that a roided up player made, who's not even playing in the game. #Clueless

SeahawkTalons
01-29-2014, 11:24 PM
Shhhh facts are wasted on this crap franchises fan base. I mean all they have is the DVOA stat and John Clayton.

Add PFT to the list.

They both just came out with well reasoned predictions....Seattle wins.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/29/pfts-super-bowl-pick/#comment-3126422

SeahawkTalons
01-29-2014, 11:24 PM
Brandon Browner was suspended for steroids morons.

You really can't make some of this stuff up. Idiot Seadorks cackling at a hit that a roided up player made, who's not even playing in the game. #Clueless

He was suspended for marijuana

Taco John
01-29-2014, 11:25 PM
Add PFT to the list.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/29/pfts-super-bowl-pick/#comment-3126422

Hey guys! PFT picked another team over the Broncos! This is totally new and unexperienced! Are the stars falling? Hilarious!

Somebody start a seance! We need to find out who Al Davis is picking for this one!

Cito Pelon
01-29-2014, 11:26 PM
This is nothing but Seattle trying to psyche out the Broncos. They're not anymore physical then the next team. They just have more skilled defensive players then most teams. But it's not like it's going to be some gorilla fighting a baboon or something. Last time I checked, we have big guys too. Nice try Seattle. Better be getting your minds in the right place instead of your mouths in the wrong place.

They're some yappers . . . . .

theAPAOps5
01-29-2014, 11:28 PM
Add PFT to the list.

No they don't, bitch

SeahawkTalons
01-29-2014, 11:30 PM
No they don't, b****

They use the phrase "perfectly constructed to stop what Denver does on offense" I believe

bpc
01-29-2014, 11:30 PM
Yep. That game didn't end too well for Welker and Brady.

"u mad bro?"

lol

You going to post him burning Earl Thomas on a 46 yd TD catch? Finished with 10 catches for 138 yds? Ok, I will:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000080100/Welker-46-yard-TD-catch

SeahawkTalons
01-29-2014, 11:31 PM
You going to post him burning Earl Thomas on a 46 yd TD catch? Finished with 10 catches for 138 yds? Ok, I will:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000080100/Welker-46-yard-TD-catch

Can PFM even throw ducks that far anymore?

pricejj
01-29-2014, 11:32 PM
He was suspended for marijuana

Browner was suspended for the last four games of 2012 for steroids idiot.

And if you think the Broncos are anything like the Cheatriots, you're in for the biggest surprise of your life.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-29-2014, 11:34 PM
Add PFT to the list.

You act like this game is dependent on how many football writers pick the Seahawks. You sound like an idiot

theAPAOps5
01-29-2014, 11:34 PM
They use the phrase "perfectly constructed to stop what Denver does on offense" I believe

Yes, and they have been dead wrong on Denver all year. Yap yap yap, keep yapping bitch.

pricejj
01-29-2014, 11:35 PM

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Peytons-55/1e57e76b-015e-4b0b-b26d-ed26287412df

You tell me, worm.

Taco John
01-29-2014, 11:36 PM

But it's ignorant. What Denver does on offense is control the tempo and exploit the mis-match. How is Seattle "perfectly constructed" to stop that?

SonOfLe-loLang
01-29-2014, 11:37 PM

Only seahawk fans would poke at mannings balls after he just broke every record in the regular season and had two beautiful playoff games.

You're a ****ing Smug douche. And if you happen to win, you'll come in here like you knew it all along even though your football knowledge resembles smeared dog ****. Go choke on a chicken bone and die. No one will miss you

SonOfLe-loLang
01-29-2014, 11:40 PM

Lol please explain to us why this is true. First off, I doubt any defense is "perfectly constructed to beat Peyton," especially one that doesn't disguise what they do. You guys may win, anything can happen, but I'm sure your explanation as to why it's "the perfect defense" would begin and end with "cuz cuz our players are the bestest!"

You're worthless. Die

Los Broncos
01-30-2014, 12:35 AM
PM and Gase have something special planned.

Plus, we've been outdoors all week so far, we should be weather tested.

The Oline better have their A game.

Agamemnon
01-30-2014, 12:57 AM
Lol please explain to us why this is true. First off, I doubt any defense is "perfectly constructed to beat Peyton," especially one that doesn't disguise what they do. You guys may win, anything can happen, but I'm sure your explanation as to why it's "the perfect defense" would begin and end with "cuz cuz our players are the bestest!"

You're worthless. Die

A defense that is perfectly constructed to beat Manning would have at least as much talent as the Seahawks defense, and would run a 3-4/4-3 hybrid with lots of weird formations and presnap looks that changed from week to week so that film study would be extremely difficult. The Seahawks run a vanilla Cover 3 with some Cover 1 mixed in and lots of bump coverage. Whoopty freaking do.

Doggcow
01-30-2014, 01:00 AM
A defense that is perfectly constructed to beat Manning would have at least as much talent as the Seahawks defense, and would run a 3-4/4-3 hybrid with lots of weird formations and presnap looks that changed from week to week so that film study would be extremely difficult. The Seahawks run a vanilla Cover 3 with some Cover 1 mixed in and lots of bump coverage. Whoopty freaking do.

Exactly, they prey on those crappy AFC West QB's.

Manning shreds.

Agamemnon
01-30-2014, 01:04 AM

Manning shreds.

Indeed. Vanilla defense and a heavy reliance on defensive substitutions does not exactly scream "a defense perfectly constructed to beat Peyton Manning".

Guess Who
01-30-2014, 02:20 AM
In reality the Welker/Talib play WAS NOT a pick play. Watch it. The ball arrives to Thomas at almost the same time Welker hits Talib. It was perfect timing. It was not a pick. Welker was blocking.

It was a perfectly timed block downfield, not a pick at all. That is why the NFL deemed it legal not because it was a legal pick, it was a legal BLOCK.

errand
01-30-2014, 04:44 AM
By the end of this game, Earl Thomas is going to be a hated figure in Seahawks lore.

I agree....people will stop referring to him as "the next Ronnie Lott" and will start calling him "the black Tony Lilly"

TripleTilde
01-30-2014, 04:47 AM

How is that? Their pass rush lies in being able to rotate guys. Denver runs a no-huddle. That negates Seattles ability to rotate guys (unless Seattle fakes injuries). If you're going to get to Manning it needs to happen early in drives. But getting to Manning is far from a certainty.

If you don't get pressure on a great passing QB, you expose your secondary no matter how much they hold WRs.

errand
01-30-2014, 04:51 AM

Manning shreds.

Don't you mean NFC West?

Guess Who
01-30-2014, 05:21 AM
I agree....people will stop referring to him as "the next Ronnie Lott" and will start calling him "the black Tony Lilly"

Tony Lilly hit harder.

WolfpackGuy
01-30-2014, 06:50 AM
In reality the Welker/Talib play WAS NOT a pick play. Watch it. The ball arrives to Thomas at almost the same time Welker hits Talib. It was perfect timing. It was not a pick. Welker was blocking.

It was a perfectly timed block downfield, not a pick at all. That is why the NFL deemed it legal not because it was a legal pick, it was a legal BLOCK.

Welker was in his route, and it really didn't look like he saw Talib until it was too late. If anything, Talib RAN INTO him.

You can see Welker start to turn his head to look for the ball at the moment of contact.

On Sunday, I'd like to see the Broncos shoot receivers straight upfield off fake picks/rubs.

Rabb
01-30-2014, 07:30 AM
Would it be bannable for me to say I hope SeahawkTalons burns to death? If so, I won't say it.

Bronco Boy
01-30-2014, 10:09 AM
Would it be bannable for me to say I hope SeahawkTalons burns to death? If so, I won't say it.

I think it's okay as long as you don't post boobs, talk about his family, or mention any nintendo characters.

Rohirrim
01-30-2014, 10:50 AM
http://themushroomkingdom.net/sounds/wav/sm64/sm64_happy_message.wav

Requiem
01-30-2014, 10:53 AM

Oh, you shouldn't be handing out drawings like that, ma'am. Uh, don't you know that the government is watching you?

JCMElway
01-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Any thoughts to the notion that the League wants Peyton to win and the fix is on? If we see a bunch of holding and PI penalties early...

hambone13
01-30-2014, 03:34 PM

What a douche. This just screams of the culture of the team and the fans.

TripleTilde
01-30-2014, 03:43 PM
Any thoughts to the notion that the League wants Peyton to win and the fix is on? If we see a bunch of holding and PI penalties early...

No, if there's a bunch of PI penalties it's because Seattles finally getting called for how they normally play and not because of a fix. Half of what they do is about daring refs to call a PI on every pass play.

HILife
01-30-2014, 03:49 PM
Wow. Those idiots and the media are making way to big of a deal about crossing routes. They act like Broncos are the first team ever to run those plays.

WoodMan
01-30-2014, 03:59 PM

who knows what "perfectly constructed" means? 55 touchdowns through the air says that no one knows what Denver does on offense. Re-evaluate their arguments. PFT sounds like a bunch of pompous fools to me.

andyh64000
01-30-2014, 05:11 PM
http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/507b2fa4eab8ea132b000013/welker-hit-10-14-12.gif

SonOfLe-loLang
01-30-2014, 05:20 PM
http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/507b2fa4eab8ea132b000013/welker-hit-10-14-12.gif

Not for nothing, but if you're gonna talk trash with a gif, might as well have it be someone who is actually playing on Sunday

andyh64000
01-30-2014, 05:23 PM
Not for nothing, but if you're gonna talk trash with a gif, might as well have it be someone who is actually playing on Sunday

You noticed that huh? :) And Welker is going to play on Sunday.

Chancellor hits harder than the pot head did anyway.

bronc_fan23
01-30-2014, 05:25 PM

Almost all of the LOB are potheads. I've seen a pic of Earl Thomas rolling a blunt.

andyh64000
01-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Almost all of the LOB are potheads. I've seen a pic of Earl Thomas rolling a blunt.

It was probably harmless tobacco.

AZOrange 1
01-30-2014, 05:27 PM
When Kaylore pointed out how this SB is eerily similar (cue Twilight zone theme music) to the match-up of SB XXIV between Denver and SF, he was spot on.

The 49ers offense was all world and the Broncos had the #1 defense (points allowed) and were 2nd in point differential (136) 3rd in yards allowed (#3 vs pass and #6 vs rush)

Now think about our "great" defense that season....people feared the Broncos and were out muscled by the Broncos who did little to disguise their coverages...they just lined up and dared opposing teams to try and beat them.

Braxton played CB during that season and led the team with 6 INT's...Henderson had 3 himself.

Dennis Smith and Steve Atwater were our hard hitting safeties who dared you to come across the middle on them, and those who dared to do just that had to have their heads on a swivel and the duo combined for 5 INT's as well

Our starting DE's Carreker and Holmes combined for 14.5 sacks...with LB's Mecklenburg and Fletcher adding another 19.5....and our run defense was very good.

And yet, they were completely embarrassed 55-10 by a 49ers team who led the NFL in scoring and point differential (189) had the epitome of poise under center, an all-pupose RB who could run, catch and block, and two very good WR's who were very good at getting YAC.

food for thought....

WOW! thanks a ton for this (Or Kaylore, whatever) I died during that 49ers SB and to read this has just given me even more confidence that this game won't be as close as many are predicting. Great read, totally true (from memory), I'm jazzed!!!

AZOrange 1
01-30-2014, 05:31 PM

Oh yes, you have become "legends" in your own mind.

Bronco Yoda
01-30-2014, 05:35 PM
WOW, Welkers in their head! Hisw hit last week has the entire LOB scared.

They should be. He's now armed with a cannon ball for a helmet.

cluck cluck... seachickens

SonOfLe-loLang
01-30-2014, 05:41 PM

Well, at least Wes held on :)

andyh64000
01-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Well, at least Wes held on :)

He actually came back and had a pretty good game...the Seahawks won though.

errand
01-30-2014, 06:01 PM
He actually came back and had a pretty good game...the Seahawks won though.

If Welker puts up the same kind of numbers against you this Sunday, it won't be close.....the Broncos will win in a laugher.

BroncosfanGuy
01-30-2014, 06:06 PM
http://rack.0.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEyLzEyLzA0LzllL3NlYWhhd2t0d2VlLmJlbS5qcGcKcA l0aHVtYgkxMjAweDYyNyMKZQlqcGc/8b462834/a85/seahawk-tweets-to-tom-brady-after-beating-him-u-mad-bro--032a446253.jpg

lol

yeah, that was pretty funny.

i have no idea what it has to do with anything Broncos, but it was pretty funny.

pricejj
01-30-2014, 07:31 PM
He actually came back and had a pretty good game..

Hey dumbass, Browner was suspended for steroids a month after that game took place, and isn't even on your team. Bet you're mighty proud of that.

Get a clue ****ing loser.

cutthemdown
01-30-2014, 07:44 PM
LOL we want you to hit our WR when we run a pick play. That is the whole point.

andyh64000
01-30-2014, 08:01 PM
Hey dumbass, Browner was suspended for steroids a month after that game took place, and isn't even on your team. Bet you're mighty proud of that.

Get a clue ****ing loser.

Yes...I know. Please try to keep up.

pricejj
01-30-2014, 08:22 PM
Yes...I know. Please try to keep up.

How about shut the **** up loser?

You go on another teams board posting GIF's of a player who was suspended for steroids, who isn't playing for your team anymore, it wasn't even against the Broncos, he tried to hurt somebody, and you're proud of it.

If anybody deserves to have the **** kicked out of them, it's you.

BroncosfanGuy
01-30-2014, 08:24 PM
You go on another teams board posting GIF's of a player who was suspended for steroids, who isn't playing for your team anymore, it wasn't even against the Broncos, he tried to hurt somebody, and you're proud of it.

??? seems that was a completely legal hit. what are you talking about with the bolded?

pricejj
01-30-2014, 08:25 PM
??? seems that was a completely legal hit. what are you talking about with the bolded?

The mother****er was on steroids.

andyh64000
01-30-2014, 08:27 PM
How about shut the **** up loser?

If anybody deserves to have the **** kicked out of them, it's you.

First of all...he was suspended for pot (which is only a PED in competitive eating).

Second...it was against Welker who is certainly in the context of this thread.

Third...that was a beautiful and clean hit.

Fourth...you seem to have some serious anger issues or at least internet tough guy anger issues. Calm down...this is supposed to be fun.

pricejj
01-30-2014, 08:32 PM
First of all...he was suspended for pot (which is only a PED in competitive eating).

Brandon Browner suspended for 4 games in 2012 for using steroids. Learn about it. You obviously have no clue.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8717501/brandon-browner-seattle-seahawks-suspended-four-games

If you think bragging about ex-roided out player's on another team's board is fun, that says a lot. It's like me going to seahawks.net and posting gifs of Lyle Alzado. Just as much relevance as lame ass Brandon Browner gif's, and certainly nothing that I would brag about.

BroncosfanGuy
01-30-2014, 08:33 PM

yeah, that doesn't really comport with the idea that he was trying to hurt Welker by laying him out.

btw, the link you gave says he was suspended for adderall not steroids.

andyh64000
01-30-2014, 08:34 PM
Brandon Browner suspended for 4 games in 2012 for using steroids. Learn about it. You obviously have no clue.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8717501/brandon-browner-seattle-seahawks-suspended-four-games

If you think bragging about ex-roided out player's on another team's board is fun, that says a lot. It's like me going to seahawks.net and posting gifs of Lyle Alzado. Just as much relevance as lame ass Brandon Browner gif's, and certainly nothing that I would brag about.

I thought you meant his current suspension but please show me where it says steriods. When the NFL source originally leaked the suspension it was also leaked that it was for Adderall. Please show me a link where it was said to be steroids.

theAPAOps5
01-30-2014, 08:36 PM

I have grown tired of the Seahawks trolls too, but let's not get crazy!

You said he tried to hurt Welker, insinuating the hit was malicious. When someone points out it looks very much like a legal hit, your response is that he was on steroids?

Come on, you post great stuff. Love your post game analysis and thoughts. But you are essentially saying that players only take roids to hurt other players. We all know that isn't the truth. I don't condone PED use at all, but leave this type of stuff to the idiot Seahawks fans. They are a very uninformed fan base.

To me, it was a big hit, one that was legal, and a hit we would be applauding if it was a Denver player. Nothing more.

pricejj
01-30-2014, 08:38 PM
Thurmond also suspended for steroids this year (2013).
http://nfl.si.com/2013/11/26/seattle-seahawks-drug-suspensions/

Sherman should have been suspended for steroids too, but he won an appeal for 'chain of command' in the specimen collection...which is bogus.

andyh64000
01-30-2014, 08:41 PM
Thurmond also suspended for steroids this year (2013).
http://nfl.si.com/2013/11/26/seattle-seahawks-drug-suspensions/

Sherman should have been suspended for steroids too, but he won an appeal for 'chain of command' in the specimen collection...which is bogus.

Again, where does it say Steroids? Also, you know Sherman's was tainted and the same test cycle and Browner right? And they both tested positive for Adderall. Even the skeptic in me gives the benefit of the doubt to Sherman in this case.

pricejj
01-30-2014, 08:42 PM
To me, it was a big hit, one that was legal, and a hit we would be applauding if it was a Denver player. Nothing more.

I'd never applaud anything a roided out player did. There's a reason that players take steroids, it's to get bigger, stronger, and faster... as a Defensive player, it's so you can lay vicious hits on opposing players (a la Steel Curtain).

McGwire and Bonds didn't take steroids so they could hit singles. They took steroids, so they could smash the ball out of the park.

pricejj
01-30-2014, 08:43 PM
Again, where does it say Steroids? Also, you know Sherman's was tainted and the same test cycle and Browner right? And they both tested positive for Adderall. Even the skeptic in me gives the benefit of the doubt to Sherman in this case.

Adderall is used to mask steroids. Have you been hiding out under a rock, are you really that dumb, or are you just a giant douche?

theAPAOps5
01-30-2014, 08:44 PM
I thought you meant his current suspension but please show me where it says steriods. When the NFL source originally leaked the suspension it was also leaked that it was for Adderall. Please show me a link where it was said to be steroids.

So is Adderall on the current list of Performance Enhancing Drugs (PED) banned by the NFL, or is it not?

I know the answer, I just don't think you do.

theAPAOps5
01-30-2014, 08:45 PM
I'd never applaud anything a roided out player did. There's a reason that players take steroids, it's to get bigger, stronger, and faster... as a Defensive player, it's so you can lay vicious hits on opposing players (a la Steel Curtain).

McGwire and Bonds didn't take steroids so they could hit singles. They took steroids, so they could smash the ball out of the park.

I understand what you are saying, and agree. But that isn't how your point was coming across initially.

andyh64000
01-30-2014, 08:47 PM
So is Adderall on the current NFL Performance Enhancing Drugs (PED) or is it not?

I know the answer, I just don't think you do.

Without special dispensation it is. I am just unclear how pricejj is omniscient and know that it was somehow steroids.

BroncosfanGuy
01-30-2014, 08:49 PM
Without special dispensation it is. I am just unclear how pricejj is omniscient and know that it was somehow steroids.

yeah, dude, maybe it was for restless leg syndrome or his irritable bowels

andyh64000
01-30-2014, 08:51 PM
yeah, dude, maybe it was for restless leg syndrome or his irritable bowels

There are NFL players who can legally (including under NFL rules) take Adderall. If it was that great of a masking agent do you think they would allow this? Also, the NFL might move Adderall to the substance abuse list and not the PED list.

theAPAOps5
01-30-2014, 08:51 PM

Ok, thank you for answering. But he clearly didn't have an exemption if he was suspended for it. So he was taking it without verified diagnosis as agreed upon by the NFL and players union.

So he was taking it as a PED, either for the benefits it generates alone, or to mask other substances.

Price is using the term steroid, but I think it's in the generic sense.

pricejj
01-30-2014, 08:53 PM

Yes. You are a giant douche. That's why I'm calling you out. Because you're a flaming idiot, who is not only proud of a roided out player for laying a big hit, you are so proud of it that you go to another teams page to post a GIF of it, even after the player no longer plays for your team.

Bigger douche than NE fans, and that's hard to do. I guess you just have a micropenis.

andyh64000
01-30-2014, 08:54 PM
Price is using the term steroid, but I think it's in the generic sense.

If that is the case then I digress and apologize.

andyh64000
01-30-2014, 08:55 PM
Yes. You are a giant douche. That's why I'm calling you out. Because you're a flaming idiot, who is not only proud of a roided out player for laying a big hit, you are so proud of it that you go to another teams page to post a GIF of it, even after the player no longer plays for your team.

Bigger douche than NE fans, and that's hard to do. I guess you just have a micropenis.

OK...well clearly you have issues.

pricejj
01-30-2014, 08:56 PM
If that is the case then I digress and apologize for having a micropenis.

nobody cares

BroncosfanGuy
01-30-2014, 08:57 PM
There are NFL players who can legally (including under NFL rules) take Adderall..

i know, that's why i'm playing guess the malady.
restless leg syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, agoraphobia. i don't know which one of those it is.

andyh64000
01-30-2014, 08:57 PM
nobody cares

How old are you?

andyh64000
01-30-2014, 08:59 PM
i know, that's why i'm playing guess the malady.
restless leg syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, agoraphobia. i don't know which one of those it is. heck, brah dude, it could be they have a bad case of spotting between periods that effects mostly the defensive backfield. it's plausible, right?

I don't know...obviously Browner wasn't one of them. It is also an abused drug and given Browners propensity to abuse other recreational drugs it certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility that he abused Adderall as well.

BroncosfanGuy
01-30-2014, 09:01 PM
I don't know...obviously Browner wasn't one of them. It is also an abused drug and given Browners propensity to abuse other recreational drugs it certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility that he abused Adderall as well.

this should probably be saved for after the game, but you are alright as far as Seattle fans go. I don't care what price says.

theAPAOps5
01-30-2014, 09:07 PM
If that is the case then I digress and apologize.

Ok, well then I don't think you are that giant of a douche! :)

As to your point about Adderall not being that great of a masking agent because players are granted an exemption I think you are discounting how difficult it is to get an exemption.

The NFL doesn't make public how many players have exemptions, but the process to get one is not a walk in the park. It used to be, but the rule changed. In the past players could get an exemption AFTER a positive test. But that changed and now a player has to get an exemption before use and testing positive. Here is how the process goes, this is from a story the Denver Post did on it:

Players who have legitimate cause to use Adderall can gain a therapeutic-use exemption from the NFL. The league always has granted exemptions, but Birch said the policy used to allow a player to obtain one after a failed test. Within the past five years, the rule changed to require players to obtain an exemption before using Adderall.

Getting an exemption isn't as simple as getting a prescription. According to Denver-area adult ADHD specialist Dr. William Dodson, a doctor must provide an exhaustive evaluation, which then goes to the league, where it is reviewed by one or more independent specialists. It also requires a doctor who treated the player in adolescence to confirm his childhood history. The league pays for the process.

"It's a very rigorous process because we're concerned about the competitive implications of the issue, we're concerned about the health effects, and we're concerned about the message to young athletes," Birch said.

Read more: NFL, other leagues deal with players' use of amphetamine Adderall - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24055922/nfl-other-leagues-deal-players-use-amphetamine-adderall#ixzz2rwfi7tgR
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

The reason it's a masking agent is because the league doesn't distinguish btw specific amphetamines, which adderall falls into. In the past players would say, oops that's my adderall get me an exemption. But now they can't do that and it has caused a spike of suspensions.

pricejj
01-30-2014, 09:14 PM
lol Yeah, I'm sure all the Seahawks are taking Adderall because they have ADD, while other guys in the NFL are taking Adderall to mask PEDs.

The Seahawk troll is a closet douchebag criminal apologist, just like the majority of the NE fanbase. He's the worst kind of human.

There's a thin line between good-natured cheering for your team, and cheering for illegal actions of criminal players who would do anything to concuss and destroy the lives of other players.

BroncosfanGuy
01-30-2014, 09:16 PM
lol Yeah, I'm sure all the Seahawks are taking Adderall because they have ADD, while other guys in the NFL are taking Adderall to mask PEDs.

The Seahawk troll is a closet douchebag criminal apologist, just like the majority of the NE fanbase. He's the worst kind of human.

There's a thin line between good-natured cheering for your team, and cheering for illegal actions of criminal players who would do anything to concuss and destroy the lives of other players.

dude, you are taking this way too seriously.

theAPAOps5
01-30-2014, 09:19 PM
dude, you are taking this way too seriously.

I totally agree. But pricejj seems to be pretty passionate in his opinions. I notice he goes in guns blazing anytime someone challenges his opinion.

pricejj
01-30-2014, 09:28 PM
I totally agree. But pricejj seems to be pretty passionate in his opinions. I notice he goes in guns blazing anytime someone challenges his opinion.

It's not that. Wagner talking about how hard he's going to hit Broncos WR's and Manning, Andy posting GIF's of Browner, etc.

Sick of all the **** talking. I care about the Broncos players (probably too much), but they feel like my brothers. I'm not cool with people talking about hurting them, while laughing about it like it's a joke, and I never will be.

Welker will probably be screwed for life, because of plays like that Browner hit. I love the Broncos, and don't want to see them hurt. Douchebag trolls like Andy think it's funny.

theAPAOps5
01-30-2014, 09:31 PM
It's not that. Wagner talking about how hard he's going to hit Broncos WR's and Manning, Andy posting GIF's of Browner, etc.

Sick of all the **** talking. I care about the Broncos players (probably too much), but they feel like my brothers. I'm not cool with people talking about hurting them, while laughing about it like it's a joke, and I never will be.

Welker will probably be screwed for life, because of plays like that Browner hit. I love the Broncos, and don't want to see them hurt. Douchebag trolls like Andy think it's funny.

Again, I totally get the frustration. He hoard has really been rough this week. My comment was just an observation. It's not a criticism either, it's just your style. Which is fine by me.

pricejj
01-30-2014, 09:47 PM
I like the physicality of football, and loved to play the game with pads when I was younger, because of it. When it's clean and legal, it's a lot of fun. That's the way the Broncos play.

I met DT in the preseason, he looked in my little boy's eyes, gave him a high-5, and signed his hat. I let out a long hoot during the practice at Mile High, and Manning took off from the middle of the field to run over to where I stood, to give autographs. I don't want to see these guys go down with severe neck or head injuries like Wolfe. I love these dudes.

I know these guys don't care about the Broncos. They don't care about us. Illegal PEDs and head hunting have no place in the game. Glorifying the players who do that is cowardly.

DENVERDUI55
01-30-2014, 09:58 PM
I hope that the Seahawks get out of their game and try to hit he WR's. They will get penalties or blow a coverage.

Kaylore
01-30-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm just happy someone used micropenis in sentence today.

Bronco Yoda
01-30-2014, 10:47 PM
Am I missing something here?

To my knowledge the hawks D plays outside-in emphasizing the perimeter with cover 3 with the corners either pressing or dropping back with deep responsibility.

They actually take pride in not disguising their coverage.

This limits the big plays, but at the expense of opening up short game... if you can pull off precise short crossing\rub routes. Or hav the manpower to run flood routes and audible to go screens. But you have to be smart and patient.

How in THE HELL does this not play into Manning's game?

I haven't seen the talking heads yammer about this. Maybe I'm way off base here?

WTF? Am I just using twisted logic to our favor... or do we really match up this well according to schemes.

barryr
01-31-2014, 06:20 AM
LOL, like pick plays haven't been in use until now. Everybody uses them, including Seattle and have for decades.

Mediator12
01-31-2014, 08:41 AM
Am I missing something here?

To my knowledge the hawks D plays outside-in emphasizing the perimeter with cover 3 with the corners either pressing or dropping back with deep responsibility.

They actually take pride in not disguising their coverage.

This limits the big plays, but at the expense of opening up short game... if you can pull off precise short crossing\rub routes. Or hav the manpower to run flood routes and audible to go screens. But you have to be smart and patient.

How in THE HELL does this not play into Manning's game?

I haven't seen the talking heads yammer about this. Maybe I'm way off base here?

WTF? Am I just using twisted logic to our favor... or do we really match up this well according to schemes.

SEA does not get very exotic in their schemes, like when Nolan trotted out the amoeba rush for ATL last year and got Manning to make several bad mistakes. However, the disguise is whether they play Zone switch or Man Press coverage with the Single high safety. They will play COVER 2/4 10% of the time basically on 3rd and 10+, but they are very steady using the COVER 1/3 variation as their base scheme.

They will also disguise how they run their cover 3 Zone assignments. They run Cover 8 zone which is 1/4, 1/4, half with the CB on the weak side playing Cloud and they switch alignments from under man to cover 8 on a lot of Stack or twins formations. Mostly they run a lot of variations of this cover 3 to cover 1 based on the offenses formation, personnel, and alignments. What they generally do not do is play pure man with both base CB's lining up on the same side of the field. Sherman stays on that right side and they allow the SS Kam Chancellor to play the slot or twins WR in man or Zone since he is a former CB from VaTech. Sherman is really good and lining up like he is playing zone and really playing man and vice versa. The safeties also do not tip their coverage's by lining up at the same spot with which ever cover 3 variant or Cover one they run.

In essence, the disguise is what are you going to run against us here, but they do not have solid tendencies to exploit by using motion or formation as they communicate extremely well and stick to the game plan.