PDA

View Full Version : Broncos party till 3 am Tuesday morning - Have 1 am curfew for rest of week

bronco0608
01-29-2014, 05:53 PM
http://nyppagesix.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/img_8939.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1

Hmm, who is gonna hate Wes Welker as much as they hated Ronnie Hillman?

The Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks partied hard Monday night in Manhattan before buckling down for the Super Bowl, chowing down on grade-A steaks and swilling drinks at downtown clubs.

Members of the Broncos defensive lineup Steven Johnson, Robert Ayers, Kayvon Webster, Jeremy Mincey, Malik Jackson, Sylvester Williams, John Youboty and Terrance Knighton had dinner at sushi restaurant Tokya in Midtown East. But the athletes found fish too light and requested a steak dinner.

“The Broncos thought sushi was too dainty a dish for the main course,” a source told Page Six. “They ate tons of sushi rolls, every roll imaginable, then said they needed more protein and demanded steak. So the restaurant had to send someone out for 25 pounds of steak.”

The athletes also preferred sturdier cutlery — when presented with chopsticks, “They immediately asked for forks,” our source said.

At STK Downtown, Seattle Seahawks Mike Robinson, Ricardo Lockette and Arceto Clark were overheard discussing “beating” Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning. At nearby Catch restaurant, Bronco Julius Thomas dined at one table while Seahawks Golden Tate, Jermaine Kearse, Breno Giacomini, Byron Maxwell and Russell Okung held down another.

Broncos captain Wes Welker, fellow wide receivers Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker and Trindon Holliday and running back Knowshon Moreno arrived at Avenue nightclub in Chelsea at about 11:30 p.m. They danced to DJ Ross One’s hip-hop playlist and drank from bottles of Dom Perignon sent over to their table.
Cornerbacks Champ Bailey and Chris Harris, tight end Julius Thomas and linebacker Wesley Woodyard walked in an hour later, and Manny Ramirez, Louis Vasquez and Zane Beadles at 1:30 a.m. The Broncos decided to call it a night before 3 a.m. Monday might have been their last late night — sources said players have a 1 a.m. curfew for the rest of the week.

http://pagesix.com/2014/01/29/broncos-seahawks-hit-citys-party-scene-before-super-bowl/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=P6Twitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow

theAPAOps5
01-29-2014, 05:55 PM
Insert overreaction here

alkemical
01-29-2014, 05:57 PM
I hope they had fun, and enjoyed it. It's gotta be a great experience.

Vegas_Bronco
01-29-2014, 05:59 PM
Ohhhhh NOW! these are professionals...

boys will be boys...

but that damn ronnie hillman is a devil.

BroncsCheer
As long as welker doesn't allow a photo of himself with his dick in a coke machine or something like that, I'll say he's good to go

WolfpackGuy
Before 3 am in NYC?

Lightweights.

bronco0608
I can't believe what I just read! I mean, seriously, Wes Welker doing the pop, lock and drop and the a-town stomp to Rick Ross is downright disturbing!

Willynowei
01-29-2014, 06:02 PM
3am in NYC is really really early....

bpc
01-29-2014, 06:08 PM
I'm getting old. I don't get putting everything at risk staying up drinking all night days before the biggest game of their lives when after they handle business, they can party 48-72 hrs straight and nobody would give a damn.

yerner
01-29-2014, 06:11 PM
as long as they're getting blitzed together i love it. nothing builds team unity better than some drinks.

Jason in LA
01-29-2014, 06:12 PM
Good for them! They should enjoy it early in the week, and buckle down as the game gets closer.

Que
01-29-2014, 06:12 PM
And 3am EST = 1am MST. Early night there fellas...

ColoradoDarin
01-29-2014, 06:13 PM
As long as welker doesn't allow a photo of himself with his dick in a coke machine or something like that, I'll say he's good to go

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/YZ0B6kvFy-k?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/YZ0B6kvFy-k?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

B-Large
01-29-2014, 06:14 PM
Pussies.....

LetsGoBroncos
01-29-2014, 06:28 PM
Dumb question, are they actually partying and getting drunk? Or are they just out late and taking it easy? Seems odd if they are actually partying hard

frerottenextelway
01-29-2014, 06:29 PM
Tuesday is just basically media day right? It would seem Monday would be a good night to have a little fun and enjoy the experience.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-29-2014, 06:58 PM
They partying like this guy?
http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/stanley-wilson-2009-lg-38184959.jpg

Or this guy?
http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/eugene-robinson-2009-lg-32767307.jpg

errand
01-29-2014, 07:23 PM
52 weeks in the year....personally I'd have waited one week later and had the time of my life....I'd be too focused on winning the SB, getting a ring vs. partying in NYC. but that's just me.....everyone is unique, just like everyone else.

errand
01-29-2014, 07:24 PM
They partying like this guy?
http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/stanley-wilson-2009-lg-38184959.jpg

Or this guy?
http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/eugene-robinson-2009-lg-32767307.jpg

The huge difference is they committed their boneheaded incidents the night before the SB.....not 6 days prior.

Kaylore
01-29-2014, 07:27 PM
Good for them. Enjoy it. They are practicing hard. I hope it makes them closer.

pricejj
01-29-2014, 07:27 PM
1. The article says they were out Monday night until 3am, so why does your thread say they were out on Tuesday night that late?
2. Chris Harris isn't even in NY yet.

Taco John
01-29-2014, 07:32 PM
This is such a great idea. Sanction a party, and then let's get down to business.

Love the way this organization is handling all of this. This is top down management at its best.

Jason in LA
01-29-2014, 07:43 PM
I remember hearing a story that back in the 1980 Super Bowl, the Eagles coaches pretty much had the players on a leash. The players saw the Raiders on TV all over Bourbon Street. Well we know how that Super Bowl turned out.

It's great that they can enjoy Super Bowl week early in the week. When it is time for business, I'm sure they'll all fall in line.

DENVERDUI55
01-29-2014, 07:56 PM
I hope they all cut loose got blasted as can be and stimulated the prostitution ring in NYC. It's great for chemistry.

DENVERDUI55
01-29-2014, 07:57 PM
I remember hearing a story that back in the 1980 Super Bowl, the Eagles coaches pretty much had the players on a leash. The players saw the Raiders on TV all over Bourbon Street. Well we know how that Super Bowl turned out.

It's great that they can enjoy Super Bowl week early in the week. When it is time for business, I'm sure they'll all fall in line.

The 85 bears went out and got plowed every night even with Ditka.

HILife
01-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Before 3 am in NYC?

Lightweights.

lol, I was thinking the same thing.

errand
01-29-2014, 08:06 PM
This is such a great idea. Sanction a party, and then let's get down to business.

Love the way this organization is handling all of this. This is top down management at its best.

...not according to the latest book by TheMoops :wave:

GoHAM
01-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Good for them. Let them cut loose, have a good time and enjoy what they've earned.

Sometimes its good to let it all hang out during a stressful time. On a personal note I was pretty stressed out the week before I took my professional engineering license test. The test was administered in a city 4 hours away, so I stayed in a hotel the night before. I was nervous and decided to go down to the hotel bar to have a couple of drinks to take my mind off, and I randomly met an old friend one drink lead to five led to... anyway I drank more than I intended slept like a rock and woke up with no worries. I wound up finishing both 4 hour sessions in 3 hours and passed the test with no real issues.

Good for the Broncos. Hopefully they play loose and confident on Sunday. Go Broncos!

bap454
01-29-2014, 10:02 PM
Ohhhhh NOW! these are professionals...

boys will be boys...

but that damn ronnie hillman is a devil.

Hellz to the ya he is!! Look at him in the picture......hes smashed and looks more like Flavor Flav than a pro athlete! Burn him at the stake now!!

ZONA
01-29-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm getting old. I don't get putting everything at risk staying up drinking all night days before the biggest game of their lives when after they handle business, they can party 48-72 hrs straight and nobody would give a damn.

Nonsense. They still have 5 days left to get all serious. You have to let guys blow off steam. If they don't, you can get too tight and nervous.

maven
01-29-2014, 10:31 PM
Probably a great experience for the players playing near NY city versus Indy or Detroit.

Cito Pelon
01-29-2014, 10:44 PM
http://nyppagesix.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/img_8939.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1

Hmm, who is gonna hate Wes Welker as much as they hated Ronnie Hillman?

The Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks partied hard Monday night in Manhattan before buckling down for the Super Bowl, chowing down on grade-A steaks and swilling drinks at downtown clubs.

Members of the Broncos defensive lineup Steven Johnson, Robert Ayers, Kayvon Webster, Jeremy Mincey, Malik Jackson, Sylvester Williams, John Youboty and Terrance Knighton had dinner at sushi restaurant Tokya in Midtown East. But the athletes found fish too light and requested a steak dinner.

“The Broncos thought sushi was too dainty a dish for the main course,” a source told Page Six. “They ate tons of sushi rolls, every roll imaginable, then said they needed more protein and demanded steak. So the restaurant had to send someone out for 25 pounds of steak.”

The athletes also preferred sturdier cutlery — when presented with chopsticks, “They immediately asked for forks,” our source said.

At STK Downtown, Seattle Seahawks Mike Robinson, Ricardo Lockette and Arceto Clark were overheard discussing “beating” Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning. At nearby Catch restaurant, Bronco Julius Thomas dined at one table while Seahawks Golden Tate, Jermaine Kearse, Breno Giacomini, Byron Maxwell and Russell Okung held down another.

Broncos captain Wes Welker, fellow wide receivers Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker and Trindon Holliday and running back Knowshon Moreno arrived at Avenue nightclub in Chelsea at about 11:30 p.m. They danced to DJ Ross One’s hip-hop playlist and drank from bottles of Dom Perignon sent over to their table.
Cornerbacks Champ Bailey and Chris Harris, tight end Julius Thomas and linebacker Wesley Woodyard walked in an hour later, and Manny Ramirez, Louis Vasquez and Zane Beadles at 1:30 a.m. The Broncos decided to call it a night before 3 a.m. Monday might have been their last late night — sources said players have a 1 a.m. curfew for the rest of the week.

http://pagesix.com/2014/01/29/broncos-seahawks-hit-citys-party-scene-before-super-bowl/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=P6Twitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow

Wes Welker is a captain? I guess it's good Ramirez, Vasquez and Beadles walked in as a team . . . .