PDA

View Full Version : Philly at Denver

bpc
01-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Good film in regards to how Denver might play Seattle. They had DRC shadow Desean Jackson who I consider similar to Percy Harvin in regards of talent and ability to take a defense deep. DRC held Jackson to 2 catches for 34 yards. They also had Woodyard playing the spy position most of the game on Vick. He finished w/ 8 carries for 41 yards for a 5 ypc average. I will happily take that vs. Seattle.

The interesting setup comes from Philly running a lot of 3 WR. I think that benefits Woodyard very well. It will be more interesting when Seattle switches to more an I-Formation/power running offense what we prefer to do. I think our run game improvement has really come when Lenon has been in the lineup and if we need to spy Russell, could be a lesser of two evils approach. Lenon is not the most fleet of foot, could be a big disadvantage on downs when he's in the game.

TripleTilde
01-29-2014, 03:18 PM
I think you're right about DRC on Harvin. This could be a big game for DRC to step up as he has all season but especially after Sherman declared himself the best.

I think they can approach containing Wilson by either bracketing him in the pocket with the DEs (this may require 1 or 2 spies) or they could try to flush him out of the pocket to his left, which might require a spy.

bpc
01-29-2014, 03:34 PM
I think you're right about DRC on Harvin. This could be a big game for DRC to step up as he has all season but especially after Sherman declared himself the best.

I think they can approach containing Wilson by either bracketing him in the pocket with the DEs (this may require 1 or 2 spies) or they could try to flush him out of the pocket to his left, which might require a spy.

When they bracketed him in the game I saw, it was often Ihenacho who was trailing Woodyard closely.

DenverBound
01-29-2014, 03:39 PM
Good film in regards to how Denver might play Seattle. They had DRC shadow Desean Jackson who I consider similar to Percy Harvin in regards of talent and ability to take a defense deep. DRC held Jackson to 2 catches for 34 yards. They also had Woodyard playing the spy position most of the game on Vick. He finished w/ 8 carries for 41 yards for a 5 ypc average. I will happily take that vs. Seattle.

The interesting setup comes from Philly running a lot of 3 WR. I think that benefits Woodyard very well. It will be more interesting when Seattle switches to more an I-Formation/power running offense what we prefer to do. I think our run game improvement has really come when Lenon has been in the lineup and if we need to spy Russell, could be a lesser of two evils approach. Lenon is not the most fleet of foot, could be a big disadvantage on downs when he's in the game.

I've gotta hand it to you bpc. There have been times over the years that I hated your takes on this board. Hated your posts. Your negativity.

Throughout this last two weeks, you are one of the only posters who has been dedicated to actually talking football. Thanks for all of the work you've put in and and the contributions you've made. Great stuff.

crush17
01-29-2014, 03:43 PM
I've gotta hand it to you bpc.
Throughout this last two weeks, you are one of the only posters who has been dedicated to actually talking football. Thanks for all of the work you've put in and and the contributions you've made. Great stuff.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your football discussion as well sir.

pricejj
01-29-2014, 03:46 PM
Seattle will try to move the ball against the Broncos by running out of 11 personnel against thre Broncos Nickel Defense. NE didn't have any success running against the Broncos Base Defense, and gave up on the run early because they were down two scores.

Broncos are still running a 65/35 Nickel/Base split on Defense, even with the Chris Harris injury. Woodyard and Trevathan are going to have to limit Lynch on 2nd and 3rd down. Will be interesting to see if the split changes.

If the Broncos Base Defense can shut down Lynch on 1st down, like they did Blount, Seattle might be in for a long day.

CEH
01-29-2014, 04:08 PM

Good call out. The first thing the coaches will look at are opponents similar to SEA since they did not play the Seacocks in the reg season

I also think Washington with a less than stellar RGIII represents a offense similar to SEA

He was not going through his reads and drifted back quite a bit of the time and threw up ducks. I don't think Wilson will threw up ducks like RGIII but he does drift

bpc
01-29-2014, 04:27 PM
I've gotta hand it to you bpc. There have been times over the years that I hated your takes on this board. Hated your posts. Your negativity.

You leave Tebow outta this. :)

I wear my opinion on my sleeve and it can grate but i'm usually always honest, and I always love the broncos. If it's negative it's because I care and see changes needed.

bpc
01-29-2014, 04:29 PM
Seattle will try to move the ball against the Broncos by running out of 11 personnel against thre Broncos Nickel Defense. NE didn't have any success running against the Broncos Base Defense, and gave up on the run early because they were down two scores.

Broncos are still running a 65/35 Nickel/Base split on Defense, even with the Chris Harris injury. Woodyard and Trevathan are going to have to limit Lynch on 2nd and 3rd down. Will be interesting to see if the split changes.

If the Broncos Base Defense can shut down Lynch on 1st down, like they did Blount, Seattle might be in for a long day.

I agree. I think they are going to try and limit our size and put stress on the secondary to play the run.

TonyR
01-29-2014, 04:30 PM
Eagles O gave our D some trouble in the first half. They had 3 long drives but had to settle for FG's on two of them, one because their TE had a terrible drop that would have put them inside our 5. Then our D settled down, I think in part because our O kept scoring and the Eagles had to stop running.

TripleTilde
01-29-2014, 04:46 PM
When they bracketed him in the game I saw, it was often Ihenacho who was trailing Woodyard closely.

Sorry. When I said bracket, I meant how the DEs contain him in the pocket.