PDA

View Full Version : On trolling, message boards, the playoffs and having a good football team.

Kaylore
01-29-2014, 01:06 PM
I think it's time we have a talk. This talk is about the realities of living in the information age, having a team that is in the Super Bowl and being quarterbacked by arguably the greatest QB in history.

First, let's think about where we are. This is a message board. That means people are going to come here to discuss football. You can actually discuss any number of topics here. And as opinions are diverse and abundant, so to are the discussions here.

The beauty and curse of the internet is all opinions are being shared. Some, are indeed just voicing to be an irritant. And many are genuinely stupid. As a result of this, we have been given the means via bookmarks, news apps and other means to filter out the news we don't care for. I don't want to go on too long, but a result of this is people have gotten used to hearing things they like to hear. To never being challenged. I find that trend dangerous (and frankly kind of boring.)

Which brings me to the recent surge in fans from other teams. Let's remember some things though.

This team is very good. Between the Tebow mania, Manning being the QB, that we have had a lot of narionally televised games and that we're playing the biggest sporting event next to the world cup, many people who aren't Bronco fans have had to watch the Broncos. This means many more fans, and many more haters. We're a high profile team and have been for some time. People picked us to be in this game. That brings with it all kinds of attention, good and bad.
Other teams have fans. No seriously they do. They post on forums like this one and are excited abou their team. Every week those fans believe their team can win and they want to tell us about it. This is a football board, so that is ok. I am amazed at how every time a new poster shows up, they are immediately accused of being Bob. Like there is no way there could be other people who actully want to talk up their team. Bob doesn't even troll like he used to. His posts when we were competing for the division were pretty modest compared to previous years. He should be proud of the amount of paranoia he has instilled in some Bronco fans.
This is the Super Bowl week. Many of the fans of all other teams will come here to tell us why we can or cannot win. This includes fans of the Broncos who only follow us in the playoffs and turn into mouthy posters. It is part of the hype and is to be expected. If you find someone's comments distracting from the serious business of reading a football forum, ignore them. I have put more people on ignore the last month than I have the last year.
When a person disagrees with you, they often are not trolling. They may be stupid, wrong or whatever, but having a disagreeable opinion isn't trolling.

So let's handle this a bit better, folks. The Orange Mane is supposed to be a more rough around the edges forum. Let's not freak out every time a Seahawk fan says they think their receivers are better than ours. Let's laugh and make fun of them.

Let's not accuse every new handle of being Bob, even if it is a bunch of Nazi symbols.

Let's not be afraid of someone disagreeing with us, even if their opinion is pretty bad, we're not the worse for being challenged a bit in our conventions.

And please, let's stop whining. There is one poster who I think came the closest to actual trolling in the last four weeks and he was a Bronco fan. Most of the other fan's posts are their honest and horrid opinions.

We're playing in the Super Bowl. People love and hate us. Enjoy this moment. The last one was 15 years ago. Who knows when we'll be back.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/v3rhQc666Sg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wes Mantooth
01-29-2014, 01:09 PM
well said

SureShot
01-29-2014, 01:09 PM
Can we ban this guy already?

Shananahan
01-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Preach it.

TheReverend
01-29-2014, 01:12 PM
"they are immediately accused of being Bob"

That amuses me to no end.

Requiem
01-29-2014, 01:12 PM
tldr

vancejohnson82
01-29-2014, 01:13 PM
still 1000 times better than the Tebow year(s)

nyuk nyuk
01-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Preach, Minister Farrakhan!

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-29-2014, 01:14 PM
hmm good point

Irish Stout
01-29-2014, 01:15 PM
You're defending Bob. There is only on person that would defend Bob.

Kalore… is… Bob.

Seriously though - good post!

crush17
01-29-2014, 01:16 PM
Backs out of thread slowly...

Rabb
01-29-2014, 01:18 PM
44,137 post rule

bronco militia
01-29-2014, 01:18 PM
can we post bewbs again?

B-Large
01-29-2014, 01:20 PM
somebody's looking for attention and praise today

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-29-2014, 01:22 PM
"Let's not accuse every new handle of being Bob, even if it is a bunch of Nazi symbols."

That may not be Bob, but it was a banned member as their IP address came back to a banned profile.

Eldorado
01-29-2014, 01:24 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/207/234/you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

Kaylore
01-29-2014, 01:26 PM
"Let's not accuse every new handle of being Bob, even if it is a bunch of Nazi symbols."

That may not be Bob, but it was a banned member as their IP address came back to a banned profile.

Of course. I just find it odd that anyone new someone is suspicious of or doesn't care for = Bob.

Rabb
01-29-2014, 01:29 PM
In all seriousness, it's a good post and I think your intentions are good.

I realize I have personally given the mods a ton of crap recently, but I will leave you with a question I want your 100% honest answer to.

Do you feel the level of moderation right now is appropriate, and that utilizing the ignore feature is the best option for those who really get under your skin or seem to be baiting?

I am being serious here by the way, because I respect you very much as a long-time poster.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-29-2014, 01:32 PM
Of course. I just find it odd that anyone new someone is suspicious of or doesn't care for = Bob.

I think its a good angle. If it's not bob, that means they are being mistaken for him. Which isn't a good look for that person.

Their trolling methods take a hit when several just brush them off as a resident troll. It's an ego hit to their troll skills.

Keira's Lip Balm
01-29-2014, 01:33 PM
Needs more full-frontal male nudity, IMO.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-29-2014, 01:34 PM

I dont think they are all Bob. I do think the ones that are "too clever" are. Im convinced ClamChowdah was Bob

ColoradoDarin
01-29-2014, 01:35 PM
Meh, you want people to stop saying a new oppo poster = Bob, the you might as well end the "we prepared to land on your anus" meme too (or break off 2K, though that has pretty much died out on it own). It's an OM tradition more than it is an actual accusation that the new horrible-takes poster is Bob.

I do have a problem with trolls starting multiple threads.

Keira's Lip Balm
01-29-2014, 01:36 PM
I think its a good angle. If it's not bob, that means they are being mistaken for him. Which isn't a good look for that person.

Their trolling methods take a hit when several just brush them off as a resident troll. It's an ego hit to their troll skills.

That could backfire. Maybe it motivates them to troll harder.

Kaylore
01-29-2014, 01:46 PM
I dont think they are all Bob. I do think the ones that are "too clever" are. Im convinced ClamChowdah was Bob

I'm not because that guy hasn't come back and he posts on a Bills site I occasionally visit. Bob knows about the accidental purging and would have just remade an alt - especially during the AFCCG.

Kaylore
01-29-2014, 01:47 PM
That could backfire. Maybe it motivates them to troll harder.

I think anytime you try to adjust your posting habits for a troll, the troll wins. The better idea is to just ignore them.

Smiling Assassin27
01-29-2014, 01:50 PM
Who knows when we'll be back.

Next season, of course.

Kaylore
01-29-2014, 02:25 PM
Next season, of course.

http://0.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/71/59/5af32d4f191a61d96991690dfeacad22-dropmic2.gif

theAPAOps5
01-29-2014, 02:26 PM
Why you trolling, brah!

Out, Brah!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Good stuff though!

SureShot
01-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Why you trolling, brah!

Out, Brah!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Good stuff though!

I will fight you.

Taco John
01-29-2014, 02:34 PM

I realize I have personally given the mods a ton of crap recently, but I will leave you with a question I want your 100% honest answer to.

Do you feel the level of moderation right now is appropriate, and that utilizing the ignore feature is the best option for those who really get under your skin or seem to be baiting?

I am being serious here by the way, because I respect you very much as a long-time poster.

I can give you my answer. The answer is yes, I think it's appropriate. We have started gaining a reputation for being coddled posters who are afraid to face rival fans. The reputation that has been growing is very much like the one Fin Heaven has all through the last decade. That's not the kind of forum that I want to run.

The kind of forum that I want has posters with stiff backs who can take a rival poster and deconstruct their takes and BLOW THEM UP! Chris Kenny said an interesting thing in the podcast last night - he said something along the lines of "the funny thing about rival fans is they make me do research." I high fived myself in my head, because THAT is the kind of forum that I love and think that there isn't enough of. And you don't get that by having an itchy banning finger and yeilding to every complainer who can't ignore a poster - and further can't recognize when other people are ACTUALLY ENJOYING what it is that they're railing against.

That doesn't mean that rival fans have carte blanche. No way. There are rules here, and they have to live with them just as much as any of us. But 95% of the complaints here have nothing to do with breaking rules. What is that about? Someone is saying something that I don't like, please remove it from my sight? It's one thing for posters that offer absolutely zero substance - we've gotten a few of those on our ban list - but the order isn't "Step 1 - It's a Seahawks fan; Step 2 - Ban them." And frankly, most of the stuff we've seen this week has been incredibly mild. I'm having a real hard time seeing where there is such an issue here. I've got some mods scratching their heads wondering what the big deal is when they see some of these complaints.

Are we perfect? No. Do we maybe let some posters get away with a little more than other forums? We might. I can live with that. I would rather give someone the benefit of a doubt and let them hang themselves than shoot first and don't ask any questions.

We have a lot of smart guys and girls on this forum. It's like a wolves den in here, and I'm ok with releasing a few rabbits and watching them get eviscerated by people who start looking into their claims and dropping knowledge after doing research. That's not only entertaining, but it's also educational. That kind of dynamic, to me, is part of what makes a forum dedicated to a competitive sport fun.

broncocalijohn
01-29-2014, 02:39 PM
I'm not because that guy hasn't come back and he posts on a Bills site I occasionally visit. Bob knows about the accidental purging and would have just remade an alt - especially during the AFCCG.

Bills site? WTF would there be any interest in the Buffalo Bills?

You lonely?

Greatspirits
01-29-2014, 02:41 PM
Thanks Kaylore, I've never been more embarrassed to be a Bronco fan in regards to some of the posts and comments made this past week and half. I understand the "trolling" and "this our board" verbage but when every other comment is "go F yourself" or "jump off bridge and commit suicide" that's really taking this forum to new lows. We've really taken ourselves down to the Chiefs level idiocy and hatred.

broncocalijohn
01-29-2014, 02:42 PM
TJ, I think the easiest answer to the problems (the questions) is when these rival fans start threads and have nothing of substance. If they want to let us know of their crap then they can post in an existing thread. Many of these threads can go straight to the BUTT.

Kaylore
01-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Bills site? WTF would there be any interest in the Buffalo Bills?

You lonely?

I went there before the game Hixon broke that dude's spine. They were a great group of guys and we share a hatred of the Patriots. When I say I occasionally visit, I'm talking once or twice a year. Before the AFCCG it was nice to see some fans of another team praying for New England's destruction.

Jetmeck
01-29-2014, 02:46 PM
Thanks for nothing Captain Obvious.

Seriously if you need to tell people this they are clueless

and none of the young know it alls around here would listen anyway.

Kaylore
01-29-2014, 02:50 PM
Thanks for nothing Captain Obvious.

Seriously if you need to tell people this they are clueless

and none of the young know it alls around here would listen anyway.

Each of these sentences is a pearl of great price.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-29-2014, 02:50 PM
I agree with this in part. I really do think some of these guys come just to start a fight. I dont see the benefit of that.

Oh, and i think KCStud should be banned forever. I just think he's a huge b-hole.

Eldorado
01-29-2014, 02:52 PM

You didn't ask me, but I'll chime in: Yes. It's perfect. And may the thread-jack gang live long and prosper.

ColoradoDarin
01-29-2014, 02:52 PM
The kind of forum that I want has posters with stiff backs who can take a rival poster and deconstruct their takes and BLOW THEM UP!

I wouldn't mind that. Then again, the actual trolls don't bother responding, they just ignore your points and go off on some other tangent. They are amusing themselves at the cost of "our" time ("my" time only in so far as I click for the iggy on idiots like that). There have been a couple of Seahawk posters this week that brought actual discussion - and were met with discussion the same.

The problem I have is that the ones who get destroyed don't care - they're not here for anything else than a time waster.

But hey, you're JJ Abrams and we're all just watching the last 2 seasons of LOST

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-29-2014, 02:53 PM
TJ, I think the easiest answer to the problems (the questions) is when these rival fans start threads and have nothing of substance. If they want to let us know of their crap then they can post in an existing thread. Many of these threads can go straight to the BUTT.

Exactly. A front page full of stupid threads.

TJ, Reputation of coddled posters? Are these people who think it's coddled even contributing to this site with traffic? Seems to me the best advice is to go along with your loyal following, as opposed to some clown who will never come here regardless of leniency. From what I've seen its a high percentage that want some of these clowns gone. Some aren't even fans of other teams, but ours.

Again it's not about rival fans coming here to talk football with witty zingers. The clowns coming in aren't that. You want the low level football IQ reputation? Cause that's the reputation I'm seeing for this place from other sites I go to.

Powderaddict
01-29-2014, 02:54 PM
I prefer err on the side of under-moderation.

There are other boards with very active moderators, and that is even more frustrating, at least to me.

Now when someone is continuously posting BS, derailing threads, or blatently trolling, that does get really annoying. Ignore seems to work, at least after awhile, in most cases.

I completely endorse photoshop shaming as an effective way of dealing with horrible trolls.

kamakazi_kal
01-29-2014, 02:54 PM
500 post rule would slow the flow bro.

you have the com number one.

Rabb
01-29-2014, 02:57 PM

Thanks for taking the time to reply, and for what it's worth I very much value the site.

Can't say I agree with it all, but if it's working for you guys...it's not my place to say anything about it.

crush17
01-29-2014, 02:59 PM
500 post rule would slow the flow bro.

you have the com number one.

I love that idea.

kamakazi_kal
01-29-2014, 03:01 PM
hey yall, get over it.

with great success comes great trolls. what, the mane thinks Denver is the only team with passion in it's fan base ...... take that to the stadium next time so I don't have to be hit with the constant 12th man thing.

just enjoy the $hit out of it.

GO BRONCOS!!!!

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-29-2014, 03:05 PM
hey yall, get over it.

with great success comes great trolls. what, the mane thinks Denver is the only team with passion in it's fan base ...... take that to the stadium next time so I don't have to be hit with the constant 12th man thing.

just enjoy the $hit out of it.

GO BRONCOS!!!!

There were trolls when it was a 4-12 team.

Just don't believe TJs idea of a coddled reputation. A website that lets MacGruder and KCrud steam roll up and down the thread page is hardly that.

Cito Pelon
01-29-2014, 03:12 PM
Good stuff, Kaylore. TJ, love it . . . .

kamakazi_kal
01-29-2014, 03:12 PM

Just don't believe TJs idea of a coddled reputation. A website that lets MacGruder and KCrud steam roll up and down the thread page is hardly that.

I'm just saying, how can TJ possibly police this. Posts are opinions. Limiting opinions would make this place a fanboy type site.

the entire point of a "forum" is that it's just that. your not forced to read a post, click a link or even form a respone.

I'm not saying it's not annoying to filter through posters bur really c'mon. I it what it is........ the site is not called Orangeonlyifyouwanttobepositiveaboutthebroncos.com

I got roasted many a time for thinking McD was horrible ..... plenty of old timers that now preach the samething were pressing me to the far reaches of the mane.....

it is what it is, a message board, why so serious?

Powderaddict
01-29-2014, 03:14 PM
There is a difference between being critical and whining.

I don't get it when people whine, then get all pissy because there was some backlash to their whining.

kamakazi_kal
01-29-2014, 03:15 PM
grammar aside you get it right?

kamakazi_kal
01-29-2014, 03:17 PM
not really, critical and whine is all based on perception ..... given this is all text based it leaves it further to interpretation.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-29-2014, 03:18 PM
I'm just saying, how can TJ possibly police this. Posts are opinions. Limiting opinions would make this place a fanboy type site.

the entire point of a "forum" is that it's just that. your not forced to read a post, click a link or even form a respone.

I'm not saying it's not annoying to filter through posters bur really c'mon. I it what it is........ the site is not called Orangeonlyifyouwanttobepositiveaboutthebroncos.com

I got roasted many a time for thinking McD was horrible ..... plenty of old timers that now preach the samething were pressing me to the far reaches of the mane.....

it is what it is, a message board, why so serious?

I do expect some level of football intelligence when scrolling through a forum. Not a suicide thread or another who's posting nonsense just to rile up this board.

There's enough bronco on bronco hate here, why add extra from someone who doesn't even know who Julius Thomas is?

kamakazi_kal
01-29-2014, 03:22 PM
I do expect some level of football intelligence when scrolling through a forum. Not a suicide thread or another who's posting nonsense just to rile up this board.

There's enough bronco on bronco hate here, why add extra from someone who doesn't even know who Julius Thomas is?

to my point, why bother. the response being given is exactly what fans of other teams want...... this is the same reason people on this board go the the chefs board and post ..... response.

what happend to just filling the thread with pics of food and hot chick in underware .....?

this thread itself is getting the respons it want's ..... F them. talk is talk but Id wager that when we win you will be all over their site doing exactly what your against.....

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-29-2014, 03:24 PM
to my point, why bother. the response being given is exactly what fans of other teams want...... this is the same reason people on this board go the the chefs board and post ..... response.

what happend to just filling the thread with pics of food and hot chick in underware .....?

this thread itself is getting the respons it want's ..... F them. talk is talk but Id wager that when we win you will be all over their site doing exactly what your against.....

Haven't made a profile on another teams site. And if I even tried, i wouldn't be able to cause every other site blocks new members from polluting their pages with filth.

I will be in here force feeding a trophy down KCruds mouth.

hambone13
01-29-2014, 04:38 PM

Why do you need to believe it? Why would he make the statement if there wasn't an accuracy to it? He has all the data, you have the big goose egg. Go start your own forum oh master of community management.

ludo21
01-29-2014, 04:39 PM
trolls are trolls.

fans are fans.

I can tell the difference and treat them appropriately.

TripleTilde
01-29-2014, 05:13 PM
I appreciate this introspection going on with this topic but the truth is, most of these Seahawks fans are pricks. Seattle1983, I think, made his first post by starting a thread that seemed well intended at first but he was a wolf in sheeps clothing and eventually outed. People are reacting negatively to these guys because they are conditioned to do so. This is on Seahawks fans, not us.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-29-2014, 05:15 PM
Why do you need to believe it? Why would he make the statement if there wasn't an accuracy to it? He has all the data, you have the big goose egg. Go start your own forum oh master of community management.

You type this as yet another stupid seattle "fastest practice" thread is burped onto the front page.

Shananahan
01-29-2014, 05:38 PM
I just wish more people were here to be entertaining and entertained. If you can't talk football, be funny or something. I come here for enjoyment above all else. The reason this place breaks down for me so often and has become so much less appealing over the past ten years is the constant fixation and focus by so many people on BEING RIGHT ALL THE TIME. The bickering, the I-told-you-sos and the inability to simply be amused by a troll as opposed to enraged and engaged.

Anyway, the good far outweighs the bad here. Go Broncos.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-29-2014, 05:40 PM
I just wish more people were here to be entertaining and entertained. If you can't talk football, be funny or something. I come here for enjoyment above all else. The reason this place breaks down for me so often and has become so much less appealing over the past ten years is the constant fixation and focus by so many people on BEING RIGHT ALL THE TIME. The bickering, the I-told-you-sos and the inability to simply be amused by a troll as opposed to enraged and engaged.

Anyway, the good far outweighs the bad here. Go Broncos.

We need Med's take on this.

Archer81
01-29-2014, 06:08 PM
You type this as yet another stupid seattle "fastest practice" thread is burped onto the front page.

Then refute it. Argue it. Eviscerate the ass bag that posted it. It's your forum, not theirs. And idiots will post idiotic things. He wont be banned unless he breaks a rule. So either ignore him, or be more constructive in how you deal with him/her/it.

Food jacking is really a lost art.

:Broncos:

Taco John
01-29-2014, 06:13 PM

But this is the thing - a lot of people love threads like that. We're have an opponent, and they have an opinion. And even better, some of the blow hard media like Peter King are on their bandwagon. It turns into hilarity as they get blasted. I would have never seen that Kissing Suzy Kolber piece if it weren't for that thread. I really don't understand your problem with that thread...

Taco John
01-29-2014, 06:14 PM
By the way, I think this is a REALLY HEALTHY discussion. And the reason we are having this discussion is because people care about this community, which is really awesome...

ColoradoDarin
01-29-2014, 06:23 PM
But this is the thing - a lot of people love threads like that. We're have an opponent, and they have an opinion. And even better, some of the blow hard media like Peter King are on their bandwagon. It turns into hilarity as they get blasted. I would have never seen that Kissing Suzy Kolber piece if it weren't for that thread. I really don't understand your problem with that thread...

A lot? I disagree.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-29-2014, 06:29 PM
Then refute it. Argue it. Eviscerate the ass bag that posted it. It's your forum, not theirs. And idiots will post idiotic things. He wont be banned unless he breaks a rule. So either ignore him, or be more constructive in how you deal with him/her/it.

Food jacking is really a lost art.

For those types of threads, what's their to refute? Im all for hijacking their threads with non-sense. But i doubt anyone would care if the seahawks practice speed thread was moved to the butt

Rabb
01-29-2014, 06:34 PM
For those types of threads, what's their to refute? Im all for hijacking their threads with non-sense. But i doubt anyone would care if the seahawks practice speed thread was moved to the butt

And this has somewhat been my point also. Sometimes a call for moderation isn't necessarily a call for banning. Some simple house cleaning is all that is needed often times.

Archer81
01-29-2014, 06:38 PM

Food jacking.

Lost art.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-29-2014, 06:38 PM
I can give you my answer. The answer is yes, I think it's appropriate. We have started gaining a reputation for being coddled posters who are afraid to face rival fans. The reputation that has been growing is very much like the one Fin Heaven has all through the last decade. That's not the kind of forum that I want to run.

The kind of forum that I want has posters with stiff backs who can take a rival poster and deconstruct their takes and BLOW THEM UP! Chris Kenny said an interesting thing in the podcast last night - he said something along the lines of "the funny thing about rival fans is they make me do research." I high fived myself in my head, because THAT is the kind of forum that I love and think that there isn't enough of. And you don't get that by having an itchy banning finger and yeilding to every complainer who can't ignore a poster - and further can't recognize when other people are ACTUALLY ENJOYING what it is that they're railing against.

That doesn't mean that rival fans have carte blanche. No way. There are rules here, and they have to live with them just as much as any of us. But 95% of the complaints here have nothing to do with breaking rules. What is that about? Someone is saying something that I don't like, please remove it from my sight? It's one thing for posters that offer absolutely zero substance - we've gotten a few of those on our ban list - but the order isn't "Step 1 - It's a Seahawks fan; Step 2 - Ban them." And frankly, most of the stuff we've seen this week has been incredibly mild. I'm having a real hard time seeing where there is such an issue here. I've got some mods scratching their heads wondering what the big deal is when they see some of these complaints.

Are we perfect? No. Do we maybe let some posters get away with a little more than other forums? We might. I can live with that. I would rather give someone the benefit of a doubt and let them hang themselves than shoot first and don't ask any questions.

We have a lot of smart guys and girls on this forum. It's like a wolves den in here, and I'm ok with releasing a few rabbits and watching them get eviscerated by people who start looking into their claims and dropping knowledge after doing research. That's not only entertaining, but it's also educational. That kind of dynamic, to me, is part of what makes a forum dedicated to a competitive sport fun.

This.

Is mostly bull****. And you know that.

There have been some great discussions with Seahawks posters here WHO ARE ACTUALLY HERE FOR DISCUSSION.

The seagulls talons posts are nothing but trolling, baiting garbage. Not one of his new threads has any value to this forum.

And you knew that.

The armchair seagull posts, new threads, all, were unnecessary, trolling garbage. Instead of taking the **** and moving it to the butt or doing something -- anything, not even including banning -- about the infestation, you basically give them a thumbs up to continue trolling as they have been. You rubber stamp their "contributions," and instead ban those who would report posts or call you out.

And you knew that.

It's bad moderating.

I've run forums and community for a living. I've learned hard lessons about losing valuable posters to not be seen as someone with an "itchy ban finger." In the end, it's rarely worth it.

But it's your forum. You're going to do what you want to do. In this case, that means letting the trolls have full immunity and carte blanche to do and say whatever they want, with zero repercussion.

That it's turned into childish finger pointing and **** flinging seems to mean little to you. Instead of good discussion, we have a bunch of troll bull****, and a process thread here on the front page -- the week of a Super Bowl we are IN!!! -- to defend the rights of trolls to pollute the forum with total BS.

It's bad moderating. Being tone-deaf to the concerns of the people on your forum isn't awesome. It's ****ty. The people ARE the forum. Yet you refuse to even give out warnings or the infamous thread ban to those who would troll with the same garbage over and over and over again.

I would love to talk football with seagull fans who are here to do more than talk ****. I bet talons is reasonably bright; he doesn't seem like a dummy. But he hasn't been compelled to do anything more than troll.

It's a privelege to post here. Rather than treat it like one, you let trolls come in and **** on the rug without so much as a "don't do that."

That rug really tied the room together.

Archer81
01-29-2014, 06:40 PM
This.

There have been some great discussions with Seahawks posters here WHO ARE ACTUALLY HERE FOR DISCUSSION.

The seagulls talons posts are nothing but trolling, baiting garbage. Not one of his new threads has any value to this forum.

And you knew that.

The armchair seagull posts, new threads, all, were unnecessary, trolling garbage. Instead of taking the **** and moving it to the butt or doing something -- anything, not even including banning -- about the infestation, you basically give them a thumbs up to continue trolling as they have been. You rubber stamp their "contributions," and instead ban those who would report posts or call you out.

And you knew that.

It's bad moderating.

I've run forums and community for a living. I've learned hard lessons about losing valuable posters to not be seen as someone with an "itchy ban finger." In the end, it's rarely worth it.

But it's your forum. You're going to do what you want to do. In this case, that means letting the trolls have full immunity and carte blanche to do and say whatever they want, with zero repercussion.

That it's turned into childish finger pointing and **** flinging seems to mean little to you. Instead of good discussion, we have a bunch of troll bull****, and a process thread here on the front page -- the week of a Super Bowl we are IN!!! -- to defend the rights of trolls to pollute the forum with total BS.

It's bad moderating. Being tone-deaf to the concerns of the people on your forum isn't awesome. It's ****ty. The people ARE the forum. Yet you refuse to even give out warnings or the infamous thread ban to those who would troll with the same garbage over and over and over again.

I would love to talk football with seagull fans who are here to do more than talk ****. I bet talons is reasonably bright; he's not a dummy. But he hasn't been compelled to do anything more than troll.

It's a privelege to post here. Rather than great it like one, you let trills come in and **** on the rug without so much as a "don't do that."

Say what now?

TripleTilde
01-29-2014, 06:45 PM
By the way, I think this is a REALLY HEALTHY discussion. And the reason we are having this discussion is because people care about this community, which is really awesome...

This may not mean much to you but ill put this out there anyway. The feel of what you're saying would translate more to people if the influx of Seattle fans were allowed to participate in already existing discussions but not start threads.

It seems like many posters feel that the proliferation of new Seattle driven threads makes it seem like they're allowed to walk all over the admin of this board and trample over what they feel is their board.

So the impulse characterization that people don't want to be challenged may not entirely be correct.

Keira's Lip Balm
01-29-2014, 06:46 PM
By my count, posts bitching about trolls outnumber the trolls by a 3:1 margin. It's like the epic battles between the Tebow fanboys and the Tebow fanboy haters. In the end, gimme the fanboys. Much fewer and far between.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-29-2014, 06:47 PM
Say what now?

Looking the other way while they troll the day away? Not so much as a warning or a neg rep from the mods (I'm guessing here; but if there had been one, the trolling would have at least slowed down. Instead, it's gaining steam) means, essentially, you're just fine and dandy with the trolls and whatever it is they bring to the table.

Negrep warning >>> Final warning >>> Ban hammer. That's more than enough to not be seen as having an "itchy ban finger."

SonOfLe-loLang
01-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Food jacking.

Lost art.

Ive jacked a couple recently and got them moved to the butt as a result :)

Archer81
01-29-2014, 06:50 PM
Looking the other way while they troll the day away? Not so much as a warning or a neg rep from the mods (I'm guessing here; but if there had been one, the trolling would have at least slowed down. Instead, it's gaining steam) means, essentially, you're just fine and dandy with the trolls and whatever it is they bring to the table.

Negrep warning >>> Final warning >>> Ban hammer. That's more than enough to not be seen as having an "itchy ban finger."

The bolded is what I was asking about. Why would we ban the people who report posts?

Archer81
01-29-2014, 06:51 PM

As tradition mandates.

Keira's Lip Balm
01-29-2014, 06:53 PM
This may not mean much to you but ill put this out there anyway. The feel of what you're saying would translate more to people if the influx of Seattle fans were allowed to participate in already existing discussions but not start threads.

It seems like many posters feel that the proliferation of new Seattle driven threads makes it seem like they're allowed to walk all over the admin of this board and trample over what they feel is their board.

So the impulse characterization that people don't want to be challenged may not entirely be correct.

The only people who have grounds to feel dissed are the mods. I suffer no angst when some sea bag coughs up an asinine thread. Read it/don't read it. Refute it/ignore it. It's also obvious no one's walking all over the admin, given TJ's rationale. They're here by his druthers.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-29-2014, 06:54 PM
The bolded is what I was asking about. Why would we ban the people who report posts?

I don't know. Heard from a longtime poster here who was banned, he says, for "calling out the mods" when it came to doing something about the trolls. He may be full of ****, but then I've been banned before (thread ban by Old Dude, followed by a full ban by Old Dude when I asked what the hell a thread ban was) for questioning the directives of the moderator brain trust around here.

Archer81
01-29-2014, 06:58 PM
I don't know. Heard from a longtime poster here who was banned, he says, for "calling out the mods" when it came to doing something about the trolls. He may be full of ****, but then I've been banned before (thread ban by Old Dude, followed by a full ban by Old Dude when I asked what the hell a thread ban was) for questioning the directives of the moderator brain trust around here.

We get called out 22 times a day. And you can always appeal bans to TJ. If he feels the moderator overstepped, he can and has reduced or completely repealed bans.

We do not ban because people decide to complain about moderators. That would be a fascist wasteland. Or Kansas City. Hard to tell the difference, really.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-29-2014, 07:00 PM
We get called out 22 times a day. And you can always appeal bans to TJ. If he feels the moderator overstepped, he can and has reduced or completely repealed bans.

We do not ban because people decide to complain about moderators. That would be a fascist wasteland. Or Kansas City. Hard to tell the difference, really.

Heh. True enough.

Though the last time I tried to appeal a ban to TJ, the email I sent bounced. Maybe that's been taken care of since then. It's (amazingly) been a while.

Shananahan
01-29-2014, 07:19 PM
I don't think I want to be a part of a board that considers 'food jacking' to be an effective solution for bad threads and trolls, much less an art form.

Taco John
01-29-2014, 08:13 PM

You're saying you don't think this happens?

You accused me of banning Broncos fans. The only fans I've banned the last two weeks have been Seahawk fans who have shown after three strikes that they're not willing to contribute.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-29-2014, 08:33 PM
http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/8072/5-reasons-superbowl-edition/p1

Ya they aren't trolling this place. You guys are slipping.

crush17
01-29-2014, 08:34 PM
http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/8072/5-reasons-superbowl-edition/p1

LMFAO

gunns
01-29-2014, 08:37 PM
I think it's time we have a talk. This talk is about the realities of living in the information age, having a team that is in the Super Bowl and being quarterbacked by arguably the greatest QB in history.

First, let's think about where we are. This is a message board. That means people are going to come here to discuss football. You can actually discuss any number of topics here. And as opinions are diverse and abundant, so to are the discussions here.

The beauty and curse of the internet is all opinions are being shared. Some, are indeed just voicing to be an irritant. And many are genuinely stupid. As a result of this, we have been given the means via bookmarks, news apps and other means to filter out the news we don't care for. I don't want to go on too long, but a result of this is people have gotten used to hearing things they like to hear. To never being challenged. I find that trend dangerous (and frankly kind of boring.)

Which brings me to the recent surge in fans from other teams. Let's remember some things though.

This team is very good. Between the Tebow mania, Manning being the QB, that we have had a lot of narionally televised games and that we're playing the biggest sporting event next to the world cup, many people who aren't Bronco fans have had to watch the Broncos. This means many more fans, and many more haters. We're a high profile team and have been for some time. People picked us to be in this game. That brings with it all kinds of attention, good and bad.
Other teams have fans. No seriously they do. They post on forums like this one and are excited abou their team. Every week those fans believe their team can win and they want to tell us about it. This is a football board, so that is ok. I am amazed at how every time a new poster shows up, they are immediately accused of being Bob. Like there is no way there could be other people who actully want to talk up their team. Bob doesn't even troll like he used to. His posts when we were competing for the division were pretty modest compared to previous years. He should be proud of the amount of paranoia he has instilled in some Bronco fans.
This is the Super Bowl week. Many of the fans of all other teams will come here to tell us why we can or cannot win. This includes fans of the Broncos who only follow us in the playoffs and turn into mouthy posters. It is part of the hype and is to be expected. If you find someone's comments distracting from the serious business of reading a football forum, ignore them. I have put more people on ignore the last month than I have the last year.
When a person disagrees with you, they often are not trolling. They may be stupid, wrong or whatever, but having a disagreeable opinion isn't trolling.

So let's handle this a bit better, folks. The Orange Mane is supposed to be a more rough around the edges forum. Let's not freak out every time a Seahawk fan says they think their receivers are better than ours. Let's laugh and make fun of them.

Let's not accuse every new handle of being Bob, even if it is a bunch of Nazi symbols.

Let's not be afraid of someone disagreeing with us, even if their opinion is pretty bad, we're not the worse for being challenged a bit in our conventions.

And please, let's stop whining. There is one poster who I think came the closest to actual trolling in the last four weeks and he was a Bronco fan. Most of the other fan's posts are their honest and horrid opinions.

We're playing in the Super Bowl. People love and hate us. Enjoy this moment. The last one was 15 years ago. Who knows when we'll be back.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/v3rhQc666Sg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great post. I just do not understand why people allow these guys to get under their skin. Ignore their threads, ignore their posts, how better to get under their skin than to win on Sunday.

gunns
01-29-2014, 08:39 PM
I don't think I want to be a part of a board that considers 'food jacking' to be an effective solution for bad threads and trolls, much less an art form.

Darn. Darn, darn, darn

Cito Pelon
01-29-2014, 08:39 PM

So what if some Seattle fan wants to start a thread on this board? What's the big deal? You scared?

Eldorado
01-29-2014, 08:41 PM

http://www.okayplayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Nas-Bye_Baby_video_still.jpg

Eldorado
01-29-2014, 08:44 PM

dork.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-29-2014, 08:45 PM
dork.

Who needs seattle trolls when we got our own Fa ggots

Cito Pelon
01-29-2014, 08:45 PM

Why would you be proud of that?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-29-2014, 08:47 PM

Smh.

Cito Pelon
01-29-2014, 08:48 PM

Rep. But I'll hang in here, been around too long to just abandon.

Archer81
01-29-2014, 08:50 PM
Who needs seattle trolls when we got our own Fa ggots

Thank God for language filters...oh wait...

BroncsCheer
01-29-2014, 09:02 PM
This entire thread is amusing to me

On the one hand you have the 'c'mon you bunch of pansies, man up and make your experience on the mane your own,' and on the other hand you have the, 'Jesus ****ing Christ am i sik of all of the people postin here who I dont agree with, won't the mods do something?'

I'm relatively new to this board (since 2010) so I don't have a ton of history here, but what some of you are calling 'trolling' is a pale comparison to real, honest to god, I'm going yo get these bitches to hit on this soooo hard trolling that I'm convinced you either don't get it yourselves, or you just want a homogeneous 'just like me' experience on this board.

Ignore list? Please. Perhaps there are a few posters who deserve it but I haven't seen it yet. Of course, I'm a liberal socialist atheist living in Idaho so perhaps I'm accustomed to boisterous overtures from people around me that don't share my values, and would likely judge if if they knew that.

Do like taco and kaylore say - you don't like the cut of a posters jib? Tear it up with the logics. Or find a way to get past it without getting all butthurt about it being on your prescious front page. Just......quit incessantly bitching about it.

You're creating a stereotype that the mane is full of eager fish waiting for some power bait.

Keira's Lip Balm
01-29-2014, 09:06 PM

On the one hand you have the 'c'mon you bunch of pansies, man up and make your experience on the mane your own,' and on the other hand you have the, 'Jesus ****ing Christ am i sik of all of the people postin here who I dont agree with, won't the mods do something?'

I'm relatively new to this board (since 2010) so I don't have a ton of history here, but what some of you are calling 'trolling' is a pale comparison to real, honest to god, I'm going yo get these b****es to hit on this soooo hard trolling that I'm convinced you either don't get it yourselves, or you just want a homogeneous 'just like me' experience on this board.

Ignore list? Please. Perhaps there are a few posters who deserve it but I haven't seen it yet. Of course, I'm a liberal socialist atheist living in Idaho so perhaps I'm accustomed to boisterous overtures from people around me that don't share my values, and would likely judge if if they knew that.

Do like taco and kaylore say - you don't like the cut of a posters jib? Tear it up with the logics. Or find a way to get past it without getting all butthurt about it being on your prescious front page. Just......quit incessantly b****ing about it.

You're creating a stereotype that the mane is full of eager fish waiting for some power bait.

Libertarian, hyperglycemic, (soft) atheist agrees.

Tensi 2 Denson
01-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Crushaholic and Al Wilson are the bottom of the barrel on this forum. This pair is on record of admitting they would rather befriend a Queefs troll who hasn't posted since KC got their ass swept by Denver as oppose to seeing the Broncos win a Super Bowl Sunday.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109876

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-29-2014, 09:09 PM

I'm relatively new to this board (since 2010) so I don't have a ton of history here, but what some of you are calling 'trolling' is a pale comparison to real, honest to god, I'm going yo get these b****es to hit on this soooo hard trolling that I'm convinced you either don't get it yourselves, or you just want a homogeneous 'just like me' experience on this board.

Do like taco and kaylore say - you don't like the cut of a posters jib? Tear it up with the logics. Or find a way to get past it without getting all butthurt about it being on your prescious front page. Just......quit incessantly b****ing about it.

Tear it up with logic? Tear what up? 5 reasons given by a Seattle fan that was admittedly trolling?

Dude even pointed out his obvious troll ref 1st reason.

Shananahan
01-29-2014, 09:09 PM
Darn. Darn, darn, darn
Cater to me, woman.

GreatBronco16
01-29-2014, 09:17 PM
Tear it up with logic? Tear what up? 5 reasons given by a Seattle fan that was admittedly trolling?

He's not a troll..........he's you know, bringing valuable discussion to this board that has gotten the name of being soft fans.......I'm sorry, coddled posters, and we just don't understand his logic. He hasn't broken any of the forum rules........Trolling isn't against the rules.....well it is......sort of.......but not right now. But hey, if you guys want the thread moved, just food hijack it, that's how it's done.

Signed TJ and Company.

Keira's Lip Balm
01-29-2014, 09:21 PM
The great thing about this thread is how it quarantines the bitching.

Bronco
01-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Toasters and haircuts guys, we got this.

Pick Six
01-29-2014, 09:25 PM
Crushaholic and Al Wilson are the bottom of the barrel on this forum. This pair is on record of admitting they would rather befriend a Queefs troll who hasn't posted since KC got their ass swept by Denver as oppose to seeing the Broncos win a Super Bowl Sunday.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109876

Sarcastic, witty humor > creating multiple accounts, just to stalk me :wave:

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-29-2014, 09:35 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/fbd0f4a6dba67aafc05310b2678d686d/tumblr_mz70uwUNPt1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

JPPT1974
01-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Ever since Peyton came over, the team is thousands and thousands time better. 55 TDs can't you get any better than that?!

Taco John
01-29-2014, 09:43 PM

No he didn't. He quoted FireFly (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4042574&postcount=15), who called him a troll.

The post you're referring to, though is 5 legitimate - well, 4 legitimate football topics. The first one is ridiculous, but I know he actually believes what he's saying. These guys seriously think Wilson is the next incarnation of Joe Montana. They believe Russell Wilson is the new age Tom Brady. He is Ken Griffey Jr. and Ichiro rolled into Jesus Christ in football pads to them. They are sincere.

The others are actually debatable - and for the most part easily destroyed with a few facts. That's the best thing about the Seahawks fans - they're not actually good at talking football. They're emotion-based. They are fan boys. When they get cornered by facts, they mostly retreat into "you'll see." And then they usually get their heart broken, and will have about twelve dozen excuses why it was everyone else's fault but their heroes.

gadlaw
01-29-2014, 09:55 PM
I've been a moderator/admin on a guitar forum for about as long as I've been registered to this forum. Totally different experiences with only a handful of trolls over there at the guitar forum and a handful of banning of folks in all those years. The closest we have to obnoxious fans from other teams are perhaps Jazz guitar 'purists' who similar to the trolling fans of other teams have the 'right' viewpoint and everyone else is stupid/ignorant etc. Like here, some of the best threads are ones where there is a discussion with opposing viewpoints and it's interesting all the way until it gets heated and personal. I do appreciate different opinions and I feel like I am educated with the responses. Here I feel like I need a thicker skin to even read a lot of the threads since folks are naming other folks as trolls and accusing each other of being Bob or other banned people and a lot of personal attacking going on which is unfortunate and detracts from all the knowledge and Bronco passion I do enjoy. It's great seeing the influx of excited people about the team right now and that will pass soon enough. Like some of the other folks I just roll past the folks I see as trolling - mainly the folks calling other folks trolls and read the substantive posts.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-29-2014, 09:55 PM
No he didn't. He quoted FireFly (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4042574&postcount=15), who called him a troll.

The post you're referring to, though is 5 legitimate - well, 4 legitimate football topics. The first one is ridiculous, but I know he actually believes what he's saying. These guys seriously think Wilson is the next incarnation of Joe Montana. They believe Russell Wilson is the new age Tom Brady. He is Ken Griffey Jr. and Ichiro rolled into Jesus Christ in football pads to them. They are sincere.

The others are actually debatable - and for the most part easily destroyed with a few facts. That's the best thing about the Seahawks fans - they're not actually good at talking football. They're emotion-based. They are fan boys. When they get cornered by facts, they mostly retreat into "you'll see." And then they usually get their heart broken, and will have about twelve dozen excuses why it was everyone else's fault but their heroes.

He quoted that cause his entire point of that thread was to troll, and firefly called that out. As did CEH(who someone mentioned was onto the OPs desire to troll). It's the pure definition of trolling. He even likes how he's getting called out on the trolling and the "mods refuse to do so". If you want a paddys pub everything goes atmosphere then don't delete the call out threads. Those are amusing.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-29-2014, 11:59 PM
Ok this seahawk talon guy needs to go. How many more threads is he going to start? We can spam them but he'll just make more. We don't have to put up with this, you know.

pricejj
01-30-2014, 12:04 AM
Filling up the front page with spam threads is pretty cool.

If it's a contest to see who can post the most pro-Broncos spam threads, I think I would be pretty good at that.

maven
01-30-2014, 12:42 AM
Filling up the front page with spam threads is pretty cool.

If it's a contest to see who can post the most pro-Broncos spam threads, I think I would be pretty good at that.

That reminds me, I need to create a thread for SB week.

Broncos_OTM
01-30-2014, 12:53 AM
I used to get worked up.. right about the KC first game I was about to blow it. Now I just try and put things in perspective and place the trolls on ignore. I wont ignore fans of other teams that bring football discussion

Broncos_OTM
01-30-2014, 12:54 AM
Ok this seahawk talon guy needs to go. How many more threads is he going to start? We can spam them but he'll just make more. We don't have to put up with this, you know.

Don't respond in the thread let it fall of the first page.

Guess Who
01-30-2014, 02:31 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=2681&dateline=1386605980

Who died and made this guy king? Captain Kirk kicked your ass dude, not once but TWICE!!!

:welcome::welcome:

of course I jest.

Blueflame
01-30-2014, 03:39 AM
That's the best thing about the Seahawks fans - they're not actually good at talking football. They're emotion-based. They are fan boys. When they get cornered by facts, they mostly retreat into "you'll see." And then they usually get their heart broken, and will have about twelve dozen excuses why it was everyone else's fault but their heroes.

You should see eyes widen when a female football fan names offensive and defensive linemen. And asks which WR they plan to double-team-- DT, Decker, Welker, Orange Julius -- and which of the others will then be in single coverage?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-30-2014, 06:59 AM

TJ would like you to know that he's totally handling it by not handling it.

theAPAOps5
01-30-2014, 07:10 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/fbd0f4a6dba67aafc05310b2678d686d/tumblr_mz70uwUNPt1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

For some reason the song for the Bodyguard played in my head as I watched the bit save the girl for the evil water hose.

theAPAOps5
01-30-2014, 07:12 AM
Sarcastic, witty humor > creating multiple accounts, just to stalk me :wave:

He stalks me too!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-30-2014, 07:39 AM
For some reason the song for the Bodyguard played in my head as I watched the bit save the girl for the evil water hose.

LOL. Yes!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-30-2014, 07:40 AM
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1795699_555506894545358_1671318559_n.jpg

Rabb
01-30-2014, 07:42 AM

wow

TheReverend
01-30-2014, 07:49 AM
Dear OM,

I honestly don't understand why people are getting worked up over this.

Sincerely,
A guy who's gotten worked up a lot

91BRONCO
01-30-2014, 10:01 AM
One of the reasons I like this board compared to others is that it's not so politically correct. I've gotten infractions on other boards when I self censor my own bad language using symbols Hilarious!

This is a fun place to come and have fun regardless of the D-Bag posters spewing nonsense about their team (Chargers, Patriots, Seahawks).

:wave:

Kaylore
01-30-2014, 10:23 AM
One of the reasons I like this board compared to others is that it's not so politically correct. I've gotten infractions on other boards when I self censor my own bad language using symbols Hilarious!

Exactly. The Mane is raw and we keep it pretty lose. That has it's pros and cons, but it's preferable to some of the alternatives. I do like that deep blue Bronco Board that Anubis and Warhorse post at, though. That's a good one. They even have a hot girl forum.

TheReverend
01-30-2014, 10:38 AM
Exactly. The Mane is raw and we keep it pretty lose. That has it's pros and cons, but it's preferable to some of the alternatives. I do like that deep blue Bronco Board that Anubis and Warhorse post at, though. That's a good one. They even have a hot girl forum.

Eh. It has its moments and is especially fun to troll, but for actual football Ziggy is the only one who knows wtf he's talking about there and he posts here a decent amount anyway.

91BRONCO
01-30-2014, 10:40 AM
Where else can you get choice one-liners like this from the mods?

"The Orange Mane is supposed to be a more rough around the edges forum. Let's not freak out every time a Seahawk fan says they think their receivers are better than ours. Let's laugh and make fun of them."

"The beauty and curse of the internet is all opinions are being shared. Some, are indeed just voicing to be an irritant. And many are genuinely stupid."

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

kamakazi_kal
01-30-2014, 01:11 PM
I blame this all on Marshall and Cutler being traded or McD drafting Tebow......

Kaylore
01-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Where else can you get choice one-liners like this from the mods?

"The Orange Mane is supposed to be a more rough around the edges forum. Let's not freak out every time a Seahawk fan says they think their receivers are better than ours. Let's laugh and make fun of them."

"The beauty and curse of the internet is all opinions are being shared. Some, are indeed just voicing to be an irritant. And many are genuinely stupid."

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am not a mod, but thank you.

Pick Six
01-30-2014, 02:42 PM
He stalks me too!

At least, I'm not alone. I saw that guy has been banned...AGAIN. Hopefully, he stays away. If not, I'll CONTINUE to ignore his private messages...LOL

hambone13
01-30-2014, 02:47 PM
This.

And you knew that.

And you knew that.

It's bad moderating.

I would love to talk football with seagull fans who are here to do more than talk ****. I bet talons is reasonably bright; he doesn't seem like a dummy. But he hasn't been compelled to do anything more than troll.

It's a privelege to post here. Rather than treat it like one, you let trolls come in and **** on the rug without so much as a "don't do that."

Maybe the real filter is driving you away?

hambone13
01-30-2014, 02:55 PM

:rofl: This jacked me up.....It's just mean....

Bronco Yoda
01-30-2014, 03:04 PM

BOOM! nice catch

Bronco Yoda
01-30-2014, 03:25 PM
Anyone go over to Seahawk.net yet? I checked it for the first time today and came across two of our SeaChicken crybaby troll boys. rsrobinson is TXhawkFN & Seattle1983 is Blue Blood.

Remember Seattle1983 who claims he's a fan from way back when? He is a first time poster over there at the board and starts off by crying about his treatment here. LMAO

Only could stand that neon green for about 10 min. and had to leave. Noticed most of their posters over their don't even go back more than 2 years. Pathetic

BroncoFanDoug
01-30-2014, 03:48 PM
I agree that over enthusiasm for a different team or having a different opinion is not a bad thing. It is even a good thing if the opinion is well thought out. And we should welcome those people and even - gosh forbid - treat them with respect.

However we also have trolls. I found this definition:

"Section 1: What Is A Troll?

The WWW gives this as a definition:

troll v.,n. To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames. Derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies"; which in turn comes from mainstream "trolling";, a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite.

The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll.

If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it.

The following extract is from a broader expansion of the defining comments given above:

In Usenet usage, a troll is not a grumpy monster that lives beneath a bridge accosting passers-by, but rather a provocative posting to a newsgroup intended to produce a large volume of frivolous responses.

The content of a "troll posting generally falls into several areas. It may consist of an apparently foolish contradiction of common knowledge, a deliberately offensive insult to the readers of a newsgroup, or a broad request for trivial follow-up postings.

There are three reasons why people troll newsgroups:

People post such messages to get attention, to disrupt newsgroups, and simply to make trouble.

Career trollers tend for the latter two whilst the former is the mark of the clueless newbie and should be ignored. "

http://www.urban75.com/Mag/troll.html

So the way to defeat trolls is to ignore, or join in (which is bad for the message board overall). The way to lose to trolls is to get sucked into their circular arguments, and especially, respond emotionally.

So let us welcome the non-trolls and ignore the real ones and move on!

GO BRONCOS!!

bombay
01-30-2014, 09:57 PM
CU is losing QB Connor Wood, but QB Jaleel Awini is transferring in. Does Awini replace Wood?

DenverBound
01-30-2014, 10:40 PM
:rofl: This jacked me up.....It's just mean....

That is SO mean. I would pay good money to see the rest of that.