PDA

View Full Version : Moreno will not resign as a Bronco ?? ( Rumor )

Quoydogs
01-29-2014, 10:56 AM
Hearing on FB that he won't return as a Bronco. Bleacher Report.

Anybody hear this ??

Would love to see him and ball back next year.

Requiem
01-29-2014, 10:56 AM
Uh, link?

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-29-2014, 10:57 AM
Facebook?

Smiling Assassin27
Light Rail

Houshyamama
dafuq

Rabb
So you heard it on Facebook and Bleacher Report.

All we need is a light rail confirmation and the holy trinity of derp will be complete.

I don't know why you even have the ability to post new threads to be honest.

Powderaddict
01-29-2014, 10:59 AM
We should ask that guy who has a source at Dove Valley specializing in running backs.

hambone13
Uh, link?

It was reported on nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000319702/article/knowshon-moreno-not-expected-to-return-to-broncos

Requiem
http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/1/29/5357976/report-broncos-do-not-expect-moreno-back-in-2014

Quoydogs
01-29-2014, 11:00 AM
So you heard it on Facebook and Bleacher Report.

All we need is a light rail confirmation and the holy trinity of derp will be complete.

I don't know why you even have the ability to post new threads to be honest.

I don't know why you continue to wake up and waste my Oxygen but that's not what we are talking about.

Bleacher report has been right on a few things and if we keep Decker then how do we come up with the cash to keep KM.

cutthemdown
01-29-2014, 11:02 AM
Moreno not a special back so I doubt we pay him much. He ran hard this yr and showed us he does belong in the NFL but he's not a big playmaker. He's a 5yrd plodder with no deep speed for big plays.

Powderaddict
I love Moreno and hope he is back as a Bronco.

But if the price is too high, I can understand the reasoning. But I'd really, really love to see him back next year.

Mountain Bronco
Cap space speculation nothing more.

Rabb
01-29-2014, 11:03 AM
I don't know why you continue to wake up and waste my Oxygen but that's not what we are talking about.

Bleacher report has been right on a few things and if we keep Decker then how do we come up with the cash to keep KM.

Bake sale. You should make a thread about it.

B-Large
01-29-2014, 11:04 AM
this thread and topic are both gay

edit- and misleading.

Quoydogs
01-29-2014, 11:09 AM

edit- and misleading.

Moreno will not resign as a Bronco ?? ( Rumor )

Can you explain how this is misleading ? Might want to check the links above too before you answer.

PRBronco
01-29-2014, 11:10 AM
resign
verb
Voluntarily leave a job or other position.

re-sign
verb
To sign again.

Requiem
01-29-2014, 11:10 AM
It is understandable that the team would let him walk if they believe Ball can be the guy. I believe we have enough $ to sign him on a friendly extension to get several good more years of football out of him, but it will depend on where we allocate our resources. Knowing if we win, that there is a good Champ retires, brings $10 M off the books immediately. I think that goes towards Decker and DRC -- and whatever else we can manage with what we have gets us Moreno and a few others.

Rabb
01-29-2014, 11:11 AM
You mean the links that say Denver will let him test free agency? Nowhere does it say, he isn't signing with us next season. It says basically, he could be a cap casualty.

But hey, don't let me stop the rumor train.

hades
01-29-2014, 11:12 AM
I don't expect any decisions will be made any time soon regarding any players. Who knows if Champ returns or restructures? Who knows if DRC is resigned? Too many variables, plus this week this is a rumor that is just a distraction. Like they are trying to get Moreno to think about next season and not focus on this weeks game...

Rohirrim
01-29-2014, 11:18 AM
I guess fans of teams that aren't in the SB have started talking about this stuff. We still have another game. ;D

Quoydogs
01-29-2014, 11:19 AM
I guess fans of teams that aren't in the SB have started talking about this stuff. We still have another game. ;D

This is a very good point

bronco militia
01-29-2014, 11:23 AM

bleacher report is a collective of bloggers. It's impossible/pointless to site them as a single source.

Tensi 2 Denson
01-29-2014, 11:25 AM
I like Moreno but RBs can be replaced with sixth-round picks.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-29-2014, 11:26 AM
Means more hillman or ANOTHER draft pick on an RB? Yuck.

This team shouldn't go the cheap route(although Moreno might be expendable). There's impact players on this team making 400K. Sullivan is too smart and good at what he does to have cap problems.

bronco militia
01-29-2014, 11:27 AM
this is it.........
ZZZ...

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
Just said on @nflnetwork: #Broncos don’t expect to be able to sign RB Knowshon Moreno back for 14. He’s a free agent. Should hit the marke

Mogulseeker
01-29-2014, 11:33 AM
Well... whatever.

I thought he was RFA which means we can have him back on tender, no?

Hercules Rockefeller
01-29-2014, 11:34 AM
Don't know why that would be a shock to anyone. Where does he rank in importance of re-signing? 3rd at best after DRC and Decker? I'd even rank Woodyard ahead of him.

theAPAOps5
01-29-2014, 11:34 AM
God I am tired of stupid ass threads.

Requiem
01-29-2014, 11:35 AM
Don't know why that would be a shock to anyone. Where does he rank in importance of re-signing? 3rd at best after DRC and Decker? I'd even rank Woodyard ahead of him.

Woodyard? No.

theAPAOps5
01-29-2014, 11:36 AM
It's flying around MySpace that Manning is telling Moreno to sign with the Sascatchewan Rough Riders.

Tensi 2 Denson
01-29-2014, 11:37 AM
Woodyard? No.

You're the moron who said Allen Craig and Matt Adams couldn't replace Albert Pujols.

DenverBound
01-29-2014, 11:37 AM
This is a stupid time for this to get leaked. ****.

theAPAOps5
01-29-2014, 11:39 AM
You're the moron who said Allen Craig and Matt Adams couldn't replace Albert Pujols.

Yes Baseball smack as a counter argument. Welcome valuable poster..... Not really

B-Large
01-29-2014, 11:39 AM
Moreno will not resign as a Bronco ?? ( Rumor )

Can you explain how this is misleading ? Might want to check the links above too before you answer.

I just read the title: Moreno will not resign as a Broncos-

to me that meant he will make a choice not to be a Bronco- had i read the rest of the content I would have a realized otherwise.

I still stick to my orginal assessment.

Jesterhole
01-29-2014, 11:41 AM
No reason to sign a RB to any amount of money in today's NFL. We have Ball, time to move on.

Requiem
01-29-2014, 11:41 AM

I don't even know who Allen Craig and Matt Adams are. WTF. You are projecting.

Tensi 2 Denson
01-29-2014, 11:42 AM
Yes Baseball smack as a counter argument. Welcome valuable poster..... Not really

It applies. You're either a capable talent evaluator or you're not. Requiem is not.

CHEF LUIGI
01-29-2014, 11:43 AM
resign
verb
Voluntarily leave a job or other position.

re-sign
verb
To sign again.
thyse two

2KBack
01-29-2014, 11:43 AM

You mean Moreno they guy who was the single most productive player on our offense not named Manning?

Requiem
01-29-2014, 11:45 AM
It applies. You're either a capable talent evaluator or you're not. Requiem is not.

Considering I don't even know who those players are, I highly doubt I made that statement.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-29-2014, 11:48 AM
You mean Moreno they guy who was the single most productive player on our offense not named Manning?

Yeah, the guy with a backup they drafted in the 2nd round last April to replace him, and that backup got better as the season wore on.

Denver's going to have to make some hard decisions over the next two offseasons on who they keep and who they have to let go because they need to spend cap dollars elsewhere. Moreno is at the top of that list since Ball is signed cheap for 3 more seasons and the following guys also need new deals over the next year or two: Decker, Von, DT, Julius, Franklin, Chris Harris, Vickerson, Knighton, Woodyard and Trevathon.

It's not an insult to the guy, he was great this season, it's the reality of salary cap league.

strafen
01-29-2014, 11:51 AM

Anybody hear this ??

This is awesome, keep 'em coming...

2KBack
01-29-2014, 11:53 AM
Yeah, the guy with a backup they drafted in the 2nd round last April to replace him, and that backup got better as the season wore on.

Denver's going to have to make some hard decisions over the next two offseasons on who they keep and who they have to let go because they need to spend cap dollars elsewhere. Moreno is at the top of that list since Ball is signed cheap for 3 more seasons and the following guys also need new deals over the next year or two: Decker, Von, DT, Julius, Franklin, Chris Harris, Vickerson, Knighton, Woodyard and Trevathon.

It's not an insult to the guy, he was great this season, it's the reality of salary cap league.

I firmly believe as long as Manning is here, so is Moreno. Manning loves him and trusts him. Ball is great, and hopefully continues to improve in the pass game and hold the ball, but there is a reason so much of the offense went through Moreno. Lets not forget that Hillman was supposed to take Moreno's job as well.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-29-2014, 11:53 AM
What does " not be able to " mean?

Jetmeck
01-29-2014, 11:55 AM
Moreno may not be a take it to the house guy but he does EVERYTHING else
very dam well. He will get another job easily if we do not resign him.

He is well spoken, stays out of trouble and does it all and has upped his monetary valiue over the last two seasons. He will do well elsewhere if necessary.

Rohirrim
01-29-2014, 11:56 AM

Yep. Every team is in the same boat. And it's not like RB is the marquee position it once was. Knowshon should also include in his calculations the benefits of being on a playoff caliber team.

Ratboy
01-29-2014, 11:59 AM
Is anyone shocked? I love what he's doing, but no way we pay him the money he might get on the market.

We have all seen Montee Ball run, it's so pure. With some experience under his belt, he'll become the RB for this team.

Ratboy
01-29-2014, 12:00 PM

Always spot on, HR. Keep it up.

elsid13
01-29-2014, 12:00 PM
Moreno may not be a take it to the house guy but he does EVERYTHING else
very dam well. He will get another job easily if we do not resign him.

He is well spoken, stays out of trouble and does it all and has upped his monetary valiue over the last two seasons. He will do well elsewhere if necessary.

????

Blart
01-29-2014, 12:01 PM
We'd miss his pass blocking more than anything.

Ratboy
01-29-2014, 12:03 PM

Money Ball has been awesome, I don't think we miss him as much as many think.

We do need to find a backup to Ball. I don't think we'll cut it with Hillman and CJ behind him.

Bigdawg26
01-29-2014, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't be upset if we win the Super Bowl and he wants to follow the money. You can't knock him for wanting to get his payday after he won a ring. I would like to resign but I think Ball, CJ Anderson, and maybe a 4th rounder would still be good.

bronco militia
I wouldn't be surprised to see a struggling franchise overpay for his services.

maven
I think he's a cap casualty and this is the right move to let him go.

With Ball, Hillman, Anderson, and possibly a FA/draft pick this team should be set at RB next year.

Kid A
01-29-2014, 12:11 PM
FO knows they need to shift money toward the WRs they've been getting on rookie bargain deals, time for RBs to be the area of cheap production.

vancejohnson82
01-29-2014, 12:14 PM

edit- and misleading.

gay?

i think it would be more gay if it mentioned fun juice

ColoradoDarin
01-29-2014, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't want to over pay if some other team offers a big contract (don't really see that happening though), but he's already making about $3.5 million this year - a bump up to $4.5-5/year would probably be pretty easy to fit into the cap/budget.

UberBroncoMan
01-29-2014, 12:17 PM
This isn't surprising at all.

We can't afford him with the other needs and us having Ball, Anderson and Hillman.

It sucks but it's how it is.

His catching ability is also top notch. Seen a lot of 1 handed grabs and balls almost hitting the ground.

B-Large
01-29-2014, 12:18 PM
gay?

i think it would be more gay if it mentioned fun juice

Brah, you joshin?

If it were fun juice, it would be the gayest....

Samiwindr
01-29-2014, 12:22 PM
He's fought back and earned the right to be a Bronco. If they do win on Sunday, the first priority should be to keep this offense together. Manning should consider shaving a bit off his salary to help out if need be. I would hate to see Moreno go after finally becoming a contributor.

CEH
01-29-2014, 12:22 PM
Both decker and knowshown have a cap value
I think Denver tells knowshown to follow the money and lets him go

Requiem
01-29-2014, 12:23 PM
Saying we can't afford him is BS.

Heyneck
01-29-2014, 12:29 PM
I like Moreno but RBs can be replaced with sixth-round picks.

He couldn't be replaced by a 3rd pick and certainly not by the 2nd this year.

B-Large
01-29-2014, 12:30 PM

There's ALWAYS a way- the question is it worth the offset down the road, and is he that hard to replace.

TBH, I think Knomo bring a fire and toughness to this team that would be greatly missed. I also believe he is a leader, and understand when guys like Ball had fumbleitis so bad he could barely take a hand off, that you need to refocus and get back in the game.

I'd miss him

Heyneck
01-29-2014, 12:32 PM
Would love to see him stay and go for the repeat! But RB is like the shortest career in the NFL. This will probably be his last "big" pay day. He has to follow the money.

BroncoMan4ever
01-29-2014, 12:33 PM
I'd put money on him ending up in New England

Ratboy
01-29-2014, 12:36 PM

Not when you have higher priorities.

nyuk nyuk
01-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Would it be such a big deal? He's injury-prone.

Keira's Lip Balm
01-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Why would he resign? He just had his best year.

rolandftw
01-29-2014, 12:45 PM
Makes sense. Denver only has so much cap space to go around. He's done great, but a lot of that is playing for a Peyton Manning led team

CEH
01-29-2014, 12:49 PM
I bet elway finds the same productivity for less
He's pretty good with this fa stuff

Requiem
01-29-2014, 12:53 PM
Not when you have higher priorities.

O rly?

Kaylore
01-29-2014, 12:57 PM
It was reported on nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000319702/article/knowshon-moreno-not-expected-to-return-to-broncos

don't expect to be able to re-sign the running back for 2014, per a source familiar with the team's thinking.

Hilarious!

Yeah we may not re-sign him, but the "source" could literally be someone on this board based on that snippet.

Requiem
01-29-2014, 12:57 PM
It was Luigi!

HILife
01-29-2014, 12:58 PM
That sucks. He's done alot for this time, this season.

stagger lee
01-29-2014, 12:58 PM
Rappaport is also the guy that had kyle Shanahan as the leader for the ravens OC job literally hours before they hired Kubiak.
Translation-- Nobody knows **** right now and they have to fill air time until Sunday.

theAPAOps5
01-29-2014, 01:02 PM
Rappaport is also the guy that had kyle Shanahan as the leader for the ravens OC job literally hours before they hired Kubiak.
Translation-- Nobody knows **** right now and they have to fill air time until Sunday.

Exactly, I would not believe this one bit. This is media running out of ways to ask a question 400 times.

LetsGoBroncos
01-29-2014, 01:03 PM
I don't see why we can't re-sign Decker and Moreno. We will save a ton of money on Champ whether he retires or takes a paycut. I also don't think we need to put as much money away for Von as we all thought we would. He will get a raise obviously, but it won't break the bank.

Orange Habit
01-29-2014, 01:25 PM
This doesn't surprise me at all, and it really shouldn't surprise anyone. The Broncos under Elway have proven that they're not going to overpay for a player when they feel they can find an adequate replacement elsewhere. The more that Ball has improved, the more likely this becomes. I'd love to have Moreno back, but not at the price that I think he'll get on the market.

The other player that I think will be in the same boat is Wesley Woodyard, thanks to Trevathan.

DENVERDUI55
01-29-2014, 01:32 PM
I'd put money on him ending up in New England

I sure wouldn't bet on that.

Tombstone RJ
01-29-2014, 01:34 PM
this is the type of crap rumor the team does not need right now. I'm thinking this is pure BS...

broncocalijohn
01-29-2014, 01:35 PM

Anybody hear this ??

Face book and Bleacher Report?

You forgot Light Rail too. Hilarious!

SonOfLe-loLang
01-29-2014, 01:45 PM
I dont think its the worst idea to let him walk. Obviously, I'd prefer to have him, but if he's gonna command 4/5 million a year, then I think we'll be fine without him.

i4jelway7
01-29-2014, 02:01 PM
it will be a mistake to let him go

McDman
01-29-2014, 02:11 PM
Depends on how much he is asking for. As a runner Ball has looked as good or better late in the year. Blocking and screens, not so much.

BroncoMan4ever
01-29-2014, 02:58 PM
I don't see why we can't re-sign Decker and Moreno. We will save a ton of money on Champ whether he retires or takes a paycut. I also don't think we need to put as much money away for Von as we all thought we would. He will get a raise obviously, but it won't break the bank.

Decker and Moreno aren't the only guys who will be in need of a new deal, and in terms of need, Moreno is not a top priority. While he has shown a new attitude and ability the last season and a half, he isn't so talented that if he decided to play elsewhere that he would be sorely missed. MJD is a free agent and more than likely will need to sign for a smaller deal. He would probably be willing to come in on a cheap single year deal to play in this offense with Peyton Manning. And that is just a guy off the top of my head. Hell CJ could live up to the hype and our depth issue is solved right there.

In the list of guys who are coming up for new deals, Decker, Woodyard, Harris, Bailey, Ayers, Moreno, Beadles, DRC, and Phillips Moreno is not near the top of the list.

Also, with Von it remains to be seen how much he gets. Guys who can get to the QB will always get overpaid. It will depend on how he comes back next season that will determine his next contract.

Add in that JT and DT will probably be looking for new deals and the team would be wise to look at setting those up now instead of after another monster season from both.

With premier players like DRC, JT, DT, Decker, Harris, Franklin and Von all needing new contracts in the near future, Woodyard, Ayers, Moreno and Beadles may wind up looking elsewhere for their money. And as much as I have liked the idea of trading Clark for a pick I am liking the idea of him taking Beadles job once Clady returns rather than overpaying for Beadles.

Agamemnon
01-29-2014, 03:08 PM
Blocking and screens, not so much.

He's been much better late in the year, and I would assume he will continue to improve.

I think the issues with re-signing Moreno is that we need the money to secure other less replaceable players over the next few years, and he hasn't been able to stay healthy throughout his career other than this year. I also think he's going to be overpaid by a clueless front office somewhere.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-29-2014, 03:18 PM
He's been much better late in the year, and I would assume he will continue to improve.

I think the issues with re-signing Moreno is that we need the money to secure other less replaceable players over the next few years, and he hasn't been able to stay healthy throughout his career other than this year. I also think he's going to be overpaid by a clueless front office somewhere.

This. I love Knowshon. He's everything I like in a football player (cept for when he runs full speed into the asses of our linemen.) Love his attitude, love his versatility. Love his leadership. But he's more of a replaceable part than some of our others guys.

i4jelway7
01-29-2014, 03:56 PM
Manning restructures to keep Moreno.. he loves that kid

bpc
01-29-2014, 06:30 PM
He rides to the game with Decker and Tamme. Bet he restructures for Decker before Knowshon.

I used to despise Knowshon. All talk, every play, no substance and injury prone. He's morphed and grown into a complete back before our eyes. He'll never be great though so there is a ceiling. There was a reason that Elway drafted the way he did. It's too bad Hillman has sucked so bad but he's still young. Ball looks like a stud. He can run, he can catch, he's learning to block and he's more dynamic running with the ball than Moreno is. Unless Moreno comes back for a reasonable price, he probably is gone.

TripleTilde
01-29-2014, 06:47 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Moreno gets re-signed based on Peyton's strong endorsement. But really, I think he's expendable. I expect Ball to progress. I could also see Denver signing a vet with some tread on the tires for depth.

DeuceOfClub
01-29-2014, 06:57 PM
KM value to the Broncos is much higher than any other team, due to familiarity with the offense.

I doubt there is a team that will throw a big pile of cash at him, let's be honest he's as mediocre as they come.

Lestat
01-29-2014, 06:57 PM
I don't know. Unless he has some crazy demands I don't see why the Broncos wouldn't re-sign him. Even if Ball can be the man you need two guys in this Manning offense to be able to rotate with.

Arkie
01-29-2014, 07:34 PM
I'm sure Manning would have loved to have kept the 27 year old Edgerinn James too. Colts won the Super Bowl the year after he left. Running backs are expendable.

pricejj
01-29-2014, 07:35 PM
This rumor is baloney. Not real.

Vegas_Bronco
01-29-2014, 08:24 PM
Will this game ever get here?

broncosteven
01-29-2014, 08:44 PM
We should ask that guy who has a source at Dove Valley specializing in running backs.

Or the dude long dicking the receptionist for phone logs...

BroncoMan4ever
01-29-2014, 09:00 PM
Or the dude long dicking the receptionist for phone logs...

I heard from the stadium Team Store girl that I used to date that the team's top priority is re-signing Decker. Of course she never understood football, she just knew Decker sold a lot of jerseys.

Lestat
01-29-2014, 10:08 PM
I'm sure Manning would have loved to have kept the 27 year old Edgerinn James too. Colts won the Super Bowl the year after he left. Running backs are expendable.

Yeah and so were OL,LB,DL,ST & that's why he's a Bronco now.

ZONA
01-29-2014, 10:16 PM
Cap space speculation nothing more.

This is a 100% Speculative fluff piece.

Thank you. So many people like to say "it was reported" so that has to mean there's something lagit about it. Like the Broncos would be letting something like that out or even thinking about that right at this moment. That's just the media, trying to get traction. Nothing more.

Taco John
01-29-2014, 10:31 PM
This is nothing more than mental games that the organization is playing with Knowshon. They're trying to fire him up on the biggest stage of his career. And if he goes out and does what he did last week, it might be a self fulfilling prophecy. He's going to be set up to make bank.

maven
01-29-2014, 10:44 PM
Face book and Bleacher Report?

You forgot Light Rail too. Hilarious!

To me this doesn't matter where it comes from. This has been my thought process for a long time now. If Moreno helps the Broncos deliver a SB. Then great! But, next year is a new year and he is easily playing a position that can be replaced.

We have Ball, Hillman, CJ, and free agency/draft to pick another player/players up. Add another RB/RB's and the Broncos will continue to roll.

I wish Moreno well.

R8R H8R
01-29-2014, 10:57 PM
"Per a source familiar with the team's thinking"? That could be a former employee like Xanders who really doesn't know, or even Moreno's agent. His agent could just be drumming up crap to incite a bidding war.

All that said, the Broncos have always been fair to valuable players. I'm sure if Elway thinks Moreno is an important cog in this offense, he will give him a fair number, but not overpay.

I think Elway will let other teams overpay if they want, but offer Moreno what he thinks is fair value. But the bottom line is it will be up to Moreno if he wants to re-sign or not.

ZONA
01-29-2014, 11:02 PM
This is nothing more than mental games that the organization is playing with Knowshon. They're trying to fire him up on the biggest stage of his career. And if he goes out and does what he did last week, it might be a self fulfilling prophecy. He's going to be set up to make bank.

I doubt it. They don't need to do that. Moreno already knows he's a FA and if he has a big game it leads to big dollars. The Broncos don't need to remind him of that. I'm sure it's been on his mind every game this year. It's just the media trying to get viewers. Nothing more.

maven
01-29-2014, 11:09 PM
I doubt it. They don't need to do that. Moreno already knows he's a FA and if he has a big game it leads to big dollars. The Broncos don't need to remind him of that. I'm sure it's been on his mind every game this year. It's just the media trying to get viewers. Nothing more.

Exactly. He turns 27 yrs old in July. He's looking for that last big payday. It will not be from Denver. GL to him and deliver Sunday.

Kaylore
01-29-2014, 11:33 PM

No it's not. It's not even real. It was probably something someone from bleacher report told an analyst.

Broncos_OTM
01-30-2014, 07:34 AM
This rumor is baloney. Not real.evidence to support this?

Man some of this stuff in this thread is crazy. Moreno has picked up sooooo many critical third downs and you think he's expendable. Crazy I think he is very crucial to re-sign

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-30-2014, 07:40 AM
evidence to support this?

Man some of this stuff in this thread is crazy. Moreno has picked up sooooo many critical third downs and you think he's expendable. Crazy I think he is very crucial to re-sign

I do too.

I also wonder who the **** in the org would let fly with something like this just a few days before the biggest game of the guy's life. Makes me think it's some low-level staffer talking to someone over beers and saying "I don't know if we'll be able to bring Knowshon back. Just don't know if it'll be possible."

True, we don't know if it's possible... but we've known that for a while now. Why put it in print? Who benefits?

Kaylore
01-30-2014, 09:15 AM
I hate reports like this because no one ever challenges them. Half the posters in this thread read the the title of the article and took it as gospel.

"A source familiar with the Broncos thinking" is the source. That could be anyone.

And then the real stupid part, the source believes "they may not be able to resign him."

So really "Some guy thinks signing Moreno may not get extended" becomes "John Elway announced that Knowhon Moreno can go **** himself." And that turns into a bunch of discussions about how they already let his agent know, or how we're going to draft another RB, or that this is a tactical release by the front office to motivate him for the Super Bowl or whatever.

There's no there there.

crush17
01-30-2014, 09:29 AM
Damn local news can't even get it right.

Quoydogs
01-30-2014, 10:35 AM

Hell ya ! :thumbsup: Maybe I should join the news crew !

TD4HOF
01-30-2014, 01:46 PM

Thank goodness, that’d suck if the Broncos resigned just before a Super Bowl! Hilarious!

DomCasual
01-30-2014, 04:53 PM
"Trust me on this one! I've been sweeping and mopping the hallways in this place for five years - ever since Uncle Josh offered me a contract! Knowshon is toast! There's no loyalty in this horse**** organization. None!"

Jake McDaniels - Broncos Assistant Coach/Janitorial Specialist

"What Jake says is true."

Tad Xanders - Broncos Assistant to the Assistant Coach/Janitorial Specialist

"Hey, in your story, will you make sure you mention the Z-Technique mopping pattern I came up with - "

"WE! That 'WE' came up with!"

"Yeah, okay - that 'we' came up with. It's revolutionized the way this horse**** place is cleaned!"

"Also, me and Tad have committed to memory the numbers for the Dove Valley Papa John's, Dominoes, and Pizza Hut. When Tad's brother-in-law Brian left, we got some of his responsibilities."

"Yeah, not that it matters to anyone in this horse**** place. But like Brian always says - you never stop pimpin' your resume!"