PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn Lynch exits session again

OOJack
01-29-2014, 10:25 AM
He seems to be bringing some mad mojo onto the SeaHags... I don't know if you watched it, but he did seem pissed at his teammates. Pretty weird, even for a introvert.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10370155/super-bowl-marshawn-lynch-seattle-seahawks-leaves-media-session-second-straight-day
"He didn't answer," Robinson said. "He know what I'm calling for."

Lynch was next to arrive, sitting in the middle chair. Robinson began answering questions for Lynch -- using the running back's "boss" figure of speech to end each sentence.

When Turbin arrived a few minutes later, Lynch reacted in an agitated fashion.

"Why you wanna block me in, brother?" Lynch asked Turbin.

Lynch created a stir Tuesday at media day, although the NFL indicated that he might not be fined.

errand
01-29-2014, 10:31 AM
Maybe he's tired of the defense getting all the hype....because half of the bandwagon Seahawks fans only watch the team because of his 60 yard run in playoffs a few years ago.

91BRONCO
01-29-2014, 10:32 AM
He's making his situation worse through his actions- sort of making himself a bullseye at this point.

crush17
01-29-2014, 10:32 AM
He's just an introvert, and there's nothing wrong with that.

It's a shame the NFL forces the players to answer questions or else risk being fined.

I don't see anything wrong with not answering questions if you don't want to.

vancejohnson82
01-29-2014, 10:36 AM
an introvert would make himself less of a distraction...he's a douche

B-Large
01-29-2014, 10:38 AM
he got bombarded forever in Buffalo about the ped/vehicle incident he was involved in, then he was back in the new with the weapons charge... the media has had a way of making Beast Mode look bad- maybe he's done with the Media?

Powderaddict
01-29-2014, 10:40 AM
he got bombarded forever in Buffalo about the ped/vehicle incident he was involved in, then he was back in the new with the weapons charge... the media has had a way of making Beast Mode look bad- maybe he's done with the Media?

Sounds like Lynch has a way of making himself look bad, and the media reports it. I'm sure he isn't fond of being reported that way, but I don't see how that's the media's fault, at least in this case.

rmsanger
01-29-2014, 10:41 AM
lulz, he's the anti-sherman... and probably a much bigger deal in terms of actually impacting the outcome of the final score.

andyh64000
01-29-2014, 10:42 AM
"The Pro Football Writers of America, however, was not satisfied with Lynch's actions Tuesday.

In a statement released Wednesday morning, the PFWA said it is "extremely disappointed in the lack of meaningful access" that Lynch gave reporters during Tuesday's session.

"Several of our long-standing and high-profile members were appalled by Mr. Lynch's conduct and refusal to answer any questions," the PFWA said in the statement. "

Why? So they could ask him important questions like:

"is this a must win game?"
"what advice would you give to strippers?"
"what advice would you give you Justin Beiber?"
"are you going to be on SNL this week?"
"who has the smelliest farts in the locker room"

NYBroncoManiac
01-29-2014, 10:42 AM

It's a shame the NFL forces the players to answer questions or else risk being fined.

As much as I hate to admit it (there, I said it), the NFL is in the business of entertainment and the players are their product. These players get paid a ton of cash to be that product. Introvert or not, Lynch knew what he was getting into when he signed that multi-million dollar contract and he knows what's expected of him. If he doesn't follow through, the NFL has every right to sanction him however they see fit.

Tombstone RJ
01-29-2014, 10:45 AM
don't care, j cutty style.

B-Large
01-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Sounds like Lynch has a way of making himself look bad, and the media reports it. I'm sure he isn't fond of being reported that way, but I don't see how that's the media's fault, at least in this case.

no doubt, but his reposnse to the media only fuels the fire. When he was being investigated for alledgely hitting a women with his Cayenne in Downtoan Buffalo, I recall him him not saying much and when he did, he did not articulate himself all that well and all of the sudden people assumed Guilty ay before the facts surfaced. He is not good with questions and the media circus, I get why he wants to just shut up and play.

Its really the Seahawks organization fault, they were surely aware of his issues, and either needed to prep him with some BS cliche answers which is what sport interviews are most of the time anyway, or made arragement for a better venue for him to do this part of the obligation.

For me, I'd love media day as a player...

strafen
01-29-2014, 10:49 AM
I really don't care.
I hate reading stuff here that makes it look like we're looking for a competitive advantage to help us win the game.
Not even close, we don't need outside help, we're going to roll!!!

cousinal11
01-29-2014, 10:51 AM
He was probably a big fan of Tom Nalen growing up.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_6489956

BroncoMan4ever
01-29-2014, 10:51 AM

i agree, during the regular season. But during Super Bowl week, you can not be an asshole

ghwk
01-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Folding under the pressure.

Rabb
01-29-2014, 10:56 AM
Who gives a ****? Anymore it's journalists like Dmac trying to bait them into crap, resulting in stuff like this or canned responses that have no substance.

crush17
01-29-2014, 10:59 AM
As much as I hate to admit it (there, I said it), the NFL is in the business of entertainment and the players are their product. These players get paid a ton of cash to be that product. Introvert or not, Lynch knew what he was getting into when he signed that multi-million dollar contract and he knows what's expected of him. If he doesn't follow through, the NFL has every right to sanction him however they see fit.

I can see that side of the argument as well.

Keira's Lip Balm
01-29-2014, 11:09 AM
Introverts aren't dÓcks. Social interaction is just a draw on their energy stores. They can actually be the most charming individuals in social settings, seeing as how they're most adept at wordplay and paying attention to detail. Since you're reading this on an internet message board, it's likely you're an introvert! And if the Mane is anything, it's charming due to its introverts' wordplay and attention to detail.

Keira's Lip Balm
01-29-2014, 11:09 AM
The last sentence is a joke, btw.

Kid A
01-29-2014, 11:14 AM
I don't believe he's said he has social anxiety or anything diagnosed, but watching the interview from today he looked legit like he was on the verge of a nervous breakdown—not like a guy with an attitude or whatever.

It's obviously nobody's business if he does have a real anxiety/medical issue or if he simply just resents the media, but he was joggling his leg, shifting his eyes and generally looked uncomfortable as hell in the video I saw today.

Good thing he doesn't have to worry about doing any post-game interviews at the Lombardi presentation.

ludo21
01-29-2014, 11:20 AM
Listened to local radio here yesterday and the host spoke about Marshawn Lynch just NOT SHUTTING up at the SB the AZ Cardinals were in a few years ago.

He said Lynch was outspoken, funny, and even gave out his number to him for follow up if the host wanted.

Does not sound like an introvert. Obviously he has changed, but what a swing of behavior, MULTIPLE personalities maybe....

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-29-2014, 11:22 AM
Listened to local radio here yesterday and the host spoke about Marshawn Lynch just NOT SHUTTING up at the SB the AZ Cardinals were in a few years ago.

He said Lynch was outspoken, funny, and even gave out his number to him for follow up if the host wanted.

Does not sound like an introvert. Obviously he has changed, but what a swing of behavior, MULTIPLE personalities maybe....

Seattle weather can do numbers on a person.

Dude went from ghost riding Cal injury carts having fun to where he's at now.

andyh64000
01-29-2014, 11:26 AM

I think he just does better 1 on 1. I heard him in another similar interview and he was charming and funny. But if you just look at him yesterday he was clearly very uncomfortable...it was painful to watch. He wasn't being a jerk it is just not a situation he handles very well.

CHEF LUIGI
01-29-2014, 11:28 AM

its beyond obvious this poor guy has a social disorder that swityches on in these mass media environments. forcing him to answer questions is absurd. there are 100 players and 20 coaches to talk to, we don't need to watch LYNCH CRUMBLE BEFORE THE PAPARAZZI.

Rabb
01-29-2014, 11:29 AM
Disorders and personalities aside...maybe it's just as simple as the guy starting to lock in and focus or something. Biggest game of the season and all.

I remember when he went to Seattle and we debated whether or not he would work here. Awhoops.

ludo21
01-29-2014, 11:31 AM
Disorders and personalities aside...maybe it's just as simple as the guy starting to lock in and focus or something. Biggest game of the season and all.

I remember when he went to Seattle and we debated whether or not he would work here. Awhoops.

ummmm he refused all season....

he has no problem getting drunk and driving btw so im sure he has time to not be locked in at moments.

Kid A
01-29-2014, 11:31 AM
Introverts aren't dÓcks. Social interaction is just a draw on their energy stores. They can actually be the most charming individuals in social settings, seeing as how they're most adept at wordplay and paying attention to detail. Since you're reading this on an internet message board, it's likely you're an introvert! And if the Mane is anything, it's charming due to its introverts' wordplay and attention to detail.

Exactly. Even if Lynch is an introvert (which he almost certainly is) that doesn't completely explain his hating press conferences. Plenty of people who talk a lot and talk well are introverts (A lot of experts think Obama leans toward introverted given his disdain for meet-and-greets, writing style, etc.).

And regarding the anecdote of Lynch talking more one time in AZ, from personal experience I can say that even really introverted people can start talking a lot if you get them on a subject they're interested in. Or they just have a lot of energy at that moment. Difference is that in a couple hours they almost physically won't be able to keep doing so.

Shananahan
01-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Can't blame the guy at all for hating press conferences. What's so weird about not wanting to answer a bunch of mundane, pre-packaged questions over and over again describing the most basic elements of your job?

The NFL forcing the players to interact and participate is ridiculous, and nobody should hold it against a person for not enjoying the charade.

Bronco Boy
01-29-2014, 11:42 AM
Lynch is a flava clown

Rabb
01-29-2014, 11:48 AM
ummmm he refused all season....

he has no problem getting drunk and driving btw so im sure he has time to not be locked in at moments.

Ah, well...I really had no idea. Still, who cares.

And if he did it all season...why is this news?

SureShot
01-29-2014, 11:49 AM
Lynch is a flava clown

I think he is just the opposite.

This is a flava clown.

http://d26qcryqt2h6rh.cloudfront.net/lajoauch20es.jpg

Agamemnon
01-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Would seem to me that the guy should've gone to a psychiatrist and gotten a diagnosis for social anxiety disorder or the like. I really have a hard time believing the NFL would've forced him in that case. That would be grounds for a nice little law suit. Either way, I don't see this having any impact on the game. His job is mostly instinctual. If he were a QB I could see it affecting his play, but he isn't.

Keira's Lip Balm
01-29-2014, 12:29 PM
Exactly. Even if Lynch is an introvert (which he almost certainly is) that doesn't completely explain his hating press conferences. Plenty of people who talk a lot and talk well are introverts (A lot of experts think Obama leans toward introverted given his disdain for meet-and-greets, writing style, etc.).

And regarding the anecdote of Lynch talking more one time in AZ, from personal experience I can say that even really introverted people can start talking a lot if you get them on a subject they're interested in. Or they just have a lot of energy at that moment. Difference is that in a couple hours they almost physically won't be able to keep doing so.

I agree. It's also possible Obama operates with a T (thinking) function, which doesn't mesh well with the emotional appeals and showmanship generally necessary in politics. Some of his policies and rhetoric don't reflect that introspective, logical strain, and that's annoying to me, because I wanna like the guy, but I digress.

Innies definitely become chatterboxes once you hit upon one of their passions. They'll seem manic for a couple hours during conversation, and then get to a point where they almost pass out from the :giggle:stimulation:giggle:. Like you said, Marshawn is probably an introvert, and the rote group Q&A session is probably the worst possible situation for him. All it takes to wake him up is someone asking an intelligent question, though. He apparently loves music to an outsized degree (like a lot of introverts), and a Q along those lines could provoke a surprisingly articulate answer. Maybe the journalists should try harder!

But, hey, being misunderstood is part and parcel to the whole introvert thing.

CHEF LUIGI
01-29-2014, 01:53 PM
are my questions about distractions distracting to you?

CEH
01-29-2014, 04:33 PM
Can't blame the guy at all for hating press conferences. What's so weird about not wanting to answer a bunch of mundane, pre-packaged questions over and over again describing the most basic elements of your job?

The NFL forcing the players to interact and participate is ridiculous, and nobody should hold it against a person for not enjoying the charade.

Media day is a joke and has been for some time now. Some reporter from ET asked Manning if he was going to be on SNL while in town. Really NFL, you have to put Manning through these stupid questions.

I like what Lynch is doing.