PDA

View Full Version : Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships

SeahawkTalons
01-28-2014, 05:07 PM
PFM: "Hey bro, got any tips for this Sunday?"

Eli: "Sure brah. Don't throw 5 picks like I did?"

PFM: "uh...thanks"

Yeah, Seattle once had the best offense. Basically scored on every drive. It was unstoppable. Went to the Super Bowl too. We lost.

Not saying Denver loses, just that it's probable. Seattle's offense is no joke. It's one of the most, if not the most, efficient offense in the NFL.

The real storyline here is....can Denver's O keep up with Seattle?

Archer81
01-28-2014, 05:11 PM

Yeah, Seattle once had the best offense. Basically scored on every drive. It was unstoppable. Went to the Super Bowl too. We lost.

Not saying Denver loses, just that it's probable. Seattle's offense is no joke. It's one of the most, if not the most, efficient offense in the NFL.

http://tinyurl.com/mysk6mh

:Broncos:

Atwater His Ass
01-28-2014, 05:12 PM
K.

Also, space zombies.

theAPAOps5
01-28-2014, 05:13 PM
Troll troll troll your boat.

Enjoy your week, it goes south quickly on Sunday, brah!

Rohirrim
01-28-2014, 05:14 PM
Where's the feces throwing gorilla?

DENVERDUI55
01-28-2014, 05:14 PM
In reality Defense rarely wins Championships.

ColoradoDarin
01-28-2014, 05:17 PM
http://media.heavy.com/media/2012/10/dumbass1.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mci0zvWFD91qbjqkk.gif
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/the-first-step-to-recovery-is-admitting-youre-a-dumbass.jpg

http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/so-dumb.gif
http://www.troll.me/images/stifler-thumbs-up/good-job-dumbass.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Z5oLFI6ndZw/UMgWVokaX9I/AAAAAAAAAJA/5DehzCR05Qw/s1600/just+realized+dont+care+sansa+gif.gif

Finger Roll
01-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Back in the 70s maybe. I remember the Bears having the best defenses in the 80s and 90s almost every year and only won 1 Super Bowl.

CSU Husker
01-28-2014, 05:23 PM

Nice try, moron.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-28-2014, 05:24 PM
To the Butt?

Broncobiv
01-28-2014, 05:28 PM
How exactly do you define "efficient"? Can't be yards per game: Seattle ranked #17. Nor could it be points per game: Seattle ranked #7. Ok, this must be it..."efficient" meaning maximizing your output whenever you have the ball, regardless of how many plays you actually run. Well that can't be right either...yards per PLAY: Seattle ranked #9. First downs per game? Seattle ranked #20. Third down percentage? Seattle ranked #17.

Tell me again how Seattle's offense is "one of the most, if not the most, efficient offense in the NFL"??

BroncoMan4ever
01-28-2014, 05:31 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Y38h6gM.gif

HILife
01-28-2014, 05:38 PM
http://cdn.gifstache.com/2013/12/1/311280640_495545449.gif

BroncosfanGuy
01-28-2014, 05:41 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fhmA7SX-Wlw/UdSB1msm0mI/AAAAAAAAQrc/HBOv-pQxaWI/s320/dave-chapelle-gay-landscaper-o.gif

UberBroncoMan
01-28-2014, 05:42 PM
-_______________________________________-

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-28-2014, 05:44 PM
Intelligent fans are broncos fans.

Morons troll the orange mane.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Know what's gonna be so sweet? When we win Sunday, and the Peacocks need to blame the refs, or the weather, or the year of the horse, or whatever....

They'll still be here next season, after we win the Super Bowl AGAIN.

Agamemnon
01-28-2014, 05:51 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130811014929/epicrapbattlesofhistory/images/9/91/DERP.jpg

Houshyamama
http://i.imgur.com/sK1y5Zq.jpg?1

TripleTilde
Has anyone seen my keys?

SeahawkTalons
01-28-2014, 05:52 PM
How exactly do you define "efficient"? Can't be yards per game: Seattle ranked #17. Nor could it be points per game: Seattle ranked #7. Ok, this must be it..."efficient" meaning maximizing your output whenever you have the ball, regardless of how many plays you actually run. Well that can't be right either...yards per PLAY: Seattle ranked #9. First downs per game? Seattle ranked #20. Third down percentage? Seattle ranked #17.

Tell me again how Seattle's offense is "one of the most, if not the most, efficient offense in the NFL"??

Good question. I was thinking in terms of points per play. Denver is #1 for the year, Seattle is #5. Over the last three games Seattle is actually ahead of Denver.

Seattle doesn't run very many plays compared to how many points they score - that's what I meant by efficient.

Paladin
01-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Keep digging, twerp. You just might find something - obscure though it may be - that you can hang your hopes on.

I am simply astounded at the lengths these nut jobs will go.

BroncosSR
01-28-2014, 06:07 PM
Cute post.

Houshyamama
01-28-2014, 06:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qh9Niwo.jpg?1

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Good question. I was thinking in terms of points per play. Denver is #1 for the year, Seattle is #5. Over the last three games Seattle is actually ahead of Denver.

Seattle doesn't run very many plays compared to how many points they score - that's what I meant by efficient.

Your definition of efficient is precious

Playoffs

Seattle punts 8
Broncos punts 1

Ya who's more efficient? Dumbass

BroncoFox
01-28-2014, 06:18 PM
So, first you go on about how it's not about offense, and then try to convince us how efficient the Seahawks offense is. When in reality, they are not the most efficient in ANY stat, and are far down the list on many others. While Denver on the other hand, has pretty much every first place stat for offense in the NFL. Stop trying to sell your offense - it's horribly and tragically mediocre.

If you want to play the "playoff games" game, Denver beats you on defense AND offense.. funny huh?

TD4HOF
01-28-2014, 06:19 PM
The Broncos are the highest-scoring offense in NFL history, but not the most efficient offense in this game. Got it! Thanks, brah! OUT!

SeahawkTalons
01-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Yeah, defense is the key. But Seattle has an efficient O. You'll see ;)

extralife
01-28-2014, 06:31 PM
Yeah, Seattle once had the best offense. Basically scored on every drive. It was unstoppable.

05 Seahawks points scored: 452

13 Broncos points scored: 606

that was a nice little offense you had there. not bad at all.

Miss I.
01-28-2014, 06:32 PM

Can I ask you something? Why are you here? I am so excited my team is going to the Super Bowl I spend extraneous amounts of time talking about it on FB, on this a BRONCOS MESSAGE BOARD because I love them. While smack talk is all well and good, why not save it til game day? Why show up well before the game to be what exactly, a douchebag troll. Congrats, tho to be honest you aren't even the stupidest troll on here so you don't even win that award. Go back to a Sea Hawks board and talk to like minded people who will say oh yeah, we are gonna kick Denver's butt and wouldn't it be funny if we killed or crippled the guy. Stay Classy Seattle. oh and also GFY.

Archer81
01-28-2014, 06:41 PM

This playoff season you have had 22 offensive drives. You came away with points on 10 of them. You scored 45% of the time. You scored TDs 4 out of 22 times (18% of the drives)

Denver has had 16 offensive drives. They scored points on 10 of them. That's 63% of the time. Denver scored TD's on 5 of 16 drives (31.5%).

Yes. Seahawks offense is SUPER efficient.

DENVERDUI55
01-28-2014, 06:47 PM

Again I love how you guys love to quote that myth that Defense wins Championships. I already mentioned that Defense RARELY wins Championships. The few that have were the Ravens, Buccaneers, and NYG.

itswutz4dinna
01-28-2014, 07:24 PM
This playoff season you have had 22 offensive drives. You came away with points on 10 of them. You scored 45% of the time. You scored TDs 4 out of 22 times (18% of the drives)

Denver has had 16 offensive drives. They scored points on 10 of them. That's 63% of the time. Denver scored TD's on 5 of 16 drives (31.5%).

Yes. Seahawks offense is SUPER efficient.

The Broncis actually took a knee on 2 of those drives, and were in the redzone when they did so against New England.

So really it's 10/14 scores and 5/14 touchdowns. They've had a fumble, endzone interception, missed FG, and a punt. So even 2 of the 4 times they didn't score they still had FG opportunities.

errand
01-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Seahawks have the most efficient offense? You'd have a better chance of convincing me that "Brian Griese, when given protection, is the NFL's most efficient QB - bar none"

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OpdsfQvmjAs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

spiralism
01-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Any hawks fans taking us to task about their offence being better than ours in any category i cannot take seriously at all. We're #1 in basically every category. Not only that but we're so far ahead of the rest of the pack it's not even funny. Statistically the gap between our offence and Seattle's is bigger than the gap between theirs and Jacksonville's.

It's worse when it's in a thread about defence winning championships.

Rocket 7
01-28-2014, 07:38 PM

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/dipsomaniac1/CoolStarryBrah_zps00c90f34.jpg

Broncojef
01-28-2014, 08:28 PM

You get behind to Peyton and its game over, you simply don't have the offense to hang with this group.

Coldcity76
01-28-2014, 08:31 PM

Offense wins championships just ask all those elite QB's that won a great majority of the super bowls

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-28-2014, 09:11 PM
Then Broncos defense vs. Seattle offense = Broncos victory.

theAPAOps5
01-28-2014, 09:14 PM
Then Broncos defense vs. Seattle offense = Broncos victory.

I never agree with you...... Until now!

SonOfLe-loLang
01-28-2014, 09:27 PM
If the broncos lose, and this asshat says a word, there's a good chance I'll say things that get me banned from the mane for a while

huh??
01-28-2014, 09:28 PM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/26b3dab1f4d1eecc4d6cfd59b300774f/tumblr_mg9upeeMTJ1rct7z4o1_500.gif
http://replygif.net/i/748.gif
http://replygif.net/i/1203.gif

Br0nc0Buster
01-28-2014, 09:59 PM
We have punted once in two playoff games

"Not efficient enough" - Seahawks fans

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-28-2014, 10:11 PM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/hEFj8_FyYg8?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/hEFj8_FyYg8?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

BroncoFanDoug
01-28-2014, 10:14 PM
Again I love how you guys love to quote that myth that Defense wins Championships. I already mentioned that Defense RARELY wins Championships. The few that have were the Ravens, Buccaneers, and NYG.

Rule two of a troll is you never respond to a logical argument. You deflect and bring up another irrational point and keep going.

huh??
01-28-2014, 10:27 PM
Rule two of a troll is you never respond to a logical argument. You deflect and bring up another irrational point and keep going.

QFT. Hey OP, you really need to take a look at some of KCStud's work. You really bring massive shame to yourself, your chosen team, and the whole interwebz by comparison. Kinda like a Bizarro-Troll.

Agamemnon
01-28-2014, 11:40 PM
If the broncos lose, and this asshat says a word, there's a good chance I'll say things that get me banned from the mane for a while

Broncos aren't going to lose.

Agamemnon
01-28-2014, 11:45 PM
05 Seahawks points scored: 452

13 Broncos points scored: 606

that was a nice little offense you had there. not bad at all.

Meh. Didn't even score 30 points per game.

spiralism
01-29-2014, 01:46 PM
Meh. Didn't even score 30 points per game.

If we spent the last four weeks of this season delivering pizzas instead of playing games, we'd still have outscored the 2005 Hawks by 12 points. Perspective yew guise.

SeahawkTalons
01-29-2014, 02:01 PM
How did the last record setting offense....the one that went 16-0 I believe...do once they ran into a little defense at the Super Bowl?

Let me get this straight....your defense is awesome based on the last two games. But your offense, which is basically the same output as Seattle the last two games...is awesome based on the regular season?

SonOfLe-loLang
01-29-2014, 02:08 PM
How did the last record setting offense....the one that went 16-0 I believe...do once they ran into a little defense at the Super Bowl?

Let me get this straight....your defense is awesome based on the last two games. But your offense, which is basically the same output as Seattle the last two games...is awesome based on the regular season?

Same output

Broncos - Chargers: Broncos had 363 yards, TOP - 35 min
Broncos - Pats: Broncos had 507 yards, TOP - 35 min

Broncos punted ONE TIME.

Seahawks-Saints: Hawks had 277 yards, TOP - 29
Seahawks-Niners: Hawks had 308 yards, TOP - 31

I believe the Hawks punted 8 times.

Yeah, same output, asshole.

2KBack
01-29-2014, 02:08 PM

You mean the 17th ranked defense in 2007 NY Giants? The defense that gave up 38 points to NE just a few week earlier?

That game was more about NE's failure than anything.

spiralism
01-29-2014, 02:23 PM

They pulled off probably the defining choke job of a generation and it was ****ing hilarious. And it was a choke job. Giants were a hot team but no world beaters and Bradys "We're only gonna score 17 points? haha, ok!" statement sums up the attitude the ma-holes had in that one.

Our defence has played well against Rivers and Brady, no mean feat though it was helped by the fact that our offence played ball control. We weren't scoring in the 30s because:

1. They're playoff teams first of all so blowouts are generally rare.
and
2. Our game plan was long drives to let Rivers and Brady go cold as despite how well the D was playing two of the best QBs in the league would eventually get their **** together so it was important to keep them on the bench. At the same time we had one punt in two games and kept both teams at arm's reach for the entire game.

broncocalijohn
01-29-2014, 02:32 PM

I think the only logical question to you would be
" can Seattle's D keep up with Denver's"

oubronco
01-29-2014, 02:36 PM
http://raddezigns.raddezigns.netdna-cdn.com/decal_pics/10293_Black.jpg

SureShot
01-29-2014, 02:40 PM
http://raddezigns.raddezigns.netdna-cdn.com/decal_pics/10293_Black.jpg

Oh the Calvin pissing pic. The gift that keeps on giving and man's greatest achievement.

Greatspirits
01-29-2014, 02:45 PM
So what will be your excuse come Sunday night?

Rohirrim
01-29-2014, 02:50 PM

I think this pretty much explains where you're coming from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvGyS5j9aFY

dictionary
01-29-2014, 02:52 PM

How is it possible that you have not killed yourself making toast in the morning?

Old Dude
01-29-2014, 02:56 PM
What you guys are forgetting is that Seattle earned a trip to the super bowl by winning a division that featured ANOTHER PLAYOFF team.

They earned the trip by beating two amazing teams, the New Orleans Saints, one of the best road teams in the NFL, as well as the 49ers, who went 12-4 in the regular season, brah!

And the Hawks didn't just beat them, they blew them completely out of the stadium. It was never close.

The Broncos lost to every good team they played all year.

Rinse, repeat.

CHEF LUIGI
01-29-2014, 03:04 PM
winning sells tickets.
TEAMS win superbowls.

plummerrox
01-29-2014, 03:05 PM

You had me at "brah".:mullet2:

CHEF LUIGI
01-29-2014, 03:10 PM
What you guys are forgetting is that Seattle earned a trip to the super bowl by winning a division that featured ANOTHER PLAYOFF team.

They earned the trip by beating two amazing teams, the New Orleans Saints, one of the best road teams in the NFL, as well as the 49ers, who went 12-4 in the regular season, brah!

And the Hawks didn't just beat them, they blew them completely out of the stadium. It was never close.

The Broncos lost to every good team they played all year.

Rinse, repeat.
did you say rinse and repeat?
the broncos also won a division that featured a SECOND play-off team!
a team that ALSOP won its first play-off game.
the saints, best road team in the NFL won iots FIRST road game in the post season in its entire existence !
and Our broncos ALSO beat a 12 win team to earn their RIGHT to rtepresent their conference.
the broncos have no apology required for their role as AFC champs !

Agamemnon
01-29-2014, 03:17 PM
You mean the 17th ranked defense in 2007 NY Giants? The defense that gave up 38 points to NE just a few week earlier?

That game was more about NE's failure than anything.

And some crazy luck on the Giants' part.

Old Dude
01-29-2014, 05:50 PM
the saints, best road team in the NFL won iots FIRST road game in the post season in its entire existence !
and Our broncos ALSO beat a 12 win team to earn their RIGHT to rtepresent their conference.

psssst I was being sarcastic

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-29-2014, 09:46 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/80ddeead5104de02efea3b11724f92bb/tumblr_mz2f0hkMnB1qdm5ngo1_400.gif

broncosteven
01-29-2014, 09:53 PM

If your only taking the last 2 games into account and tossing out a season where the Broncos set a scoring record, Passing TD Record, and passing yardage, then you need to consider that over those last 2 games the Broncos have lead the time of possession by over 10 minutes in each of those games.

Seahags score FG's not TD's, if Denver wins the TOP again you are going to lose a multiple score game. How many 80 yard TD's drives have the Seahags had recently?

Seahag fans better pray for Turnovers, FP, I know they already are praying for injury or I would include that as well.

nyuk nyuk
01-29-2014, 09:58 PM
Same output

Broncos - Chargers: Broncos had 363 yards, TOP - 35 min
Broncos - Pats: Broncos had 507 yards, TOP - 35 min

Broncos punted ONE TIME.

Seahawks-Saints: Hawks had 277 yards, TOP - 29
Seahawks-Niners: Hawks had 308 yards, TOP - 31

I believe the Hawks punted 8 times.

Yeah, same output, a-hole.

You forgot to mention fumbles, picks, and sacks.

:wiggle:

nyuk nyuk
01-29-2014, 10:01 PM

ELI : "Yeah. Tell Seahags fans they're in no position to get cocky."

http://i58.tinypic.com/ixuwbt.jpg

Can we rename this troll RinglessInSeattle?

ZONA
01-29-2014, 11:39 PM

Same output? You ever heard of PPP (Points Per Possession)? Might want to go and look that up. You just throw up BS stats and expect us to look the other way. You're on a forum where there are a ton of guys who know what the F they are talking about. Seattle might have 7 or 8 possessions all game. I sure hope you can score on more then 2 or 3 of them.

Jetmeck
01-29-2014, 11:44 PM

Duh yeah thats what you meant.................

Whatever................

ZONA
01-30-2014, 12:19 AM
Duh yeah thats what you meant.................

Whatever................

Antonio Cromartie was just on the NFL talking about how Seattle doesn't really have a consistent offense. That it MUST rely on big plays to win. I agree totally. They thrive on broken plays and big plays. They are not EFFICIENT.

And we have this guy on here talking about Seattle being efficient on offense. :thumbsup:

Broncobiv
01-30-2014, 12:32 AM

God you're stupid. So very, very stupid.