PDA

View Full Version : The totally unscientific intangibles thread

Kaylore
01-28-2014, 02:41 PM
Let's look at all the things that have absolutely nothing to do with how either team will actually play, but may determine the outcome of the SB for no logical reason whatsoever.

Why the Seahawks will Win

Denver was 13-3. They have never won the SB being 13-3.
Marshawn Lynch had 12 rushing TD's this year. 12th Man. Boom.
It is SB 48. 4+8 = 12. 12th man. BOOM!
Seattle is 11-12 all time in the postseason. If they win, they will be 12-12 - BOOM!
Seattle has 39 takeaways this season. 9+3 = 12. BOOOOOOMMM!!!..AGAIN!!!!!!
Seattle has the number one 1 scoring offense. In games where the number 1 scoring offense played the number one scoring defense, the defense comes out ahead 3 out of 4 times.

Why the Broncos will win

The one time the best scoring offense beat the best scoring defense in a Super Bowl, the best scoring offense was one of the best ever (Niners over Broncos.) This year the Broncos have arguably THE best scoring offense ever.
The past 7 SB winners have played the NFC East in the regular season.
SB is in 2014. 2+0+1+4 = 7. John Elway. Boom.
This is the Broncos 37th postseason game. Manning is 37.
Eli advanced to the SB to win on his brother's home field. Now clearly the powers that be want to complete the circle and have Peyton win in NJ.
Denver is 20-17 in the postseason. A difference of 3. This is Manning's third visit to the SB and if they win, be Denver's Third Lombardi.
4 of the last 5 SB winners won their Championship game by at least 7 points or more.
Denver may be 13-3, but they have overcome a lot of traditionally bad mojo. Including: Beating the Patriots. Beating Phillip Rivers. Advancing to the SB. (Denver has never advanced to a SB as a 13-3 team, usually getting bounced in the first round.) So Denver has shown a tendency to over power all bad omen's this year.

Br0nc0Buster
01-28-2014, 02:44 PM
"The team that took the least amount of pictures and/or recordings stepping off the plane is the most focused and will win" - Heath Evans

Kaylore
01-28-2014, 02:45 PM
Oh my goodness, we could make a whole thread of the stupid indicators Heath Evans will give.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-28-2014, 03:03 PM
i think they never advanced til now in the playoffs when they went 13-3 so thats one monkey off our backs along with peyton can't win in cold weather, can't beat the pats ,can't beat the chargers at home, seems like the media and opposing fans keep placing these hurdles in our way . and say you can't do this or that and when we do they make excuses put another in our way.
watch when we win they will make up another hurdle for the broncos and say oh well you cant get over fill in the blank hurdle.
WE WILL WIN !!!

hambone13
01-28-2014, 03:08 PM
This article is loaded with thread relevance....

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2022770897_denverview28xml.html

Requiem
01-28-2014, 03:17 PM
Demaryius' grandma and mom were busted for cocaine and are doing long terms in prison. Apparently, we got this game in the bag like crack. BOOM.

Keira's Lip Balm
01-28-2014, 03:19 PM
The Super Bowl is on Groundhog Day, and a groundhog has four legs, just like a bronco.

pricejj
01-28-2014, 03:21 PM
1. Seattle's Defense is the fastest team anyone has ever seen.
2. Putting on pads actually makes the Seahawks faster.
3. The Seahawks hit harder than anyone else in the NFL.
4. Russell Wilson has the biggest hands in the NFL, and is impervious to everything.
5. The Seahawks are the loosest team in the NFL, because they wear sweatpants and headphones.
6. No one on Seattle's team can be stopped.
7. We have no chance.

elsid13
01-28-2014, 03:22 PM
I'm drinking beer on Sunday, every time the Broncos win was I drinking beer. Thus Denver wins.

Requiem
01-28-2014, 03:28 PM
Ken Griffey played for the Mariners and he is awesome so the Seahawks win.

WoodMan
01-28-2014, 03:45 PM
The sonics won a title once, therefore fantastically incredible super seahawks win the super bowl 49 to 8.

SeahawkTalons
01-28-2014, 03:47 PM
1. Seattle's Defense is the fastest team anyone has ever seen.
2. Putting on pads actually makes the Seahawks faster.
3. The Seahawks hit harder than anyone else in the NFL.
4. Russell Wilson has the biggest hands in the NFL, and is impervious to everything.
5. The Seahawks are the loosest team in the NFL, because they wear sweatpants and headphones.
6. No one on Seattle's team can be stopped.
7. We have no chance.

True except for 7...imo. Any given Sunday...heck the Bucs came out of nowhere on us this year. True, we were bored...but stuff happens.

It's just unlikely that Seattle loses. Not a given bro.

Bronco
01-28-2014, 03:47 PM
-The last 8 sb champs have played the patriots and the NFC east in the regular season.

Atwater His Ass
01-28-2014, 03:51 PM
You forgot the skittles. Boom.

strafen
01-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Simply because...

THIS ONE'S FROM JOHN!!!

Archer81
01-28-2014, 03:56 PM
So Peyton Manning has one fewer playoff appearance in a 15 year career then the Seahawks have in 40 years of existence?

BOOM!

:Broncos:

Rohirrim
01-28-2014, 04:00 PM
There are mobsters buried under that stadium. Seahawks win.

TripleTilde
01-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Did anyone see Bill Polian on espn? He said a bunch of key indicators (at least historically) point to Seattle winning.

They've changed the rules so much though that one wonders whether old metrics apply.

Kid A
01-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Seattle scores every time "I Don't Want to Wait" by Paula Cole comes on the jukebox.

Denver scores every time that guy goes in the basement to fetch beer.

Something has to give.

Atwater His Ass
01-28-2014, 04:15 PM
Old spice.

spdirty
01-28-2014, 04:16 PM
During the Divisional and AFCCG, our backup preacher preached before each game while the normal preacher was on vacation. Despite my pleadings, protests, and begging, the normal preacher is back and will preach this Sunday.

We're screwed.

bowtown
01-28-2014, 04:35 PM
During the Divisional and AFCCG, our backup preacher preached before each game while the normal preacher was on vacation. Despite my pleadings, protests, and begging, the normal preacher is back and will preach this Sunday.

We're screwed.

You probably shouldn't go this week, just to be safe.

Requiem
01-28-2014, 04:36 PM
Yeah just go find a new church.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-28-2014, 04:43 PM
Simply because...

THIS ONE'S FROM JOHN!!!

pat bowlen "this one is for me " gonna pawn this one just like the other 2

errand
01-28-2014, 04:52 PM
Yeah, but will Savage Johnson's impact on the game be?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/28/new-yorkers-fake-nfl-player-super-bowl-xlviii_n_4680455.html

Wes Mantooth
01-28-2014, 04:53 PM
Past 7 winners played NFC East and Patsies in the regular season

ak1971
01-28-2014, 04:54 PM
Mormon Mojo! ..end thread

errand
01-28-2014, 05:05 PM
Teams named after horses (Colts and Broncos) are 4-6 in the Super bowl....while teams named after birds (Ravens, Eagles, Cardinals, and Seahawks) are 2-5

errand
01-28-2014, 05:10 PM
Broncos vs. a team named after a bird are 1-0 in the SB.....

errand
01-28-2014, 05:12 PM
Seahawks in the SB played in cold weather cities are 0-1

Archer81
01-28-2014, 05:13 PM
When the Broncos have a white WR wearing 87, Denver is 2-0 in Superbowls.

Boom.

:Broncos:

errand
01-28-2014, 05:15 PM
No team wearing puke lime green has ever won a SB......

errand
01-28-2014, 05:22 PM
The last time the Broncos signed two major free agents from San Diego (one on defense and the other OL) and made it to the SB they won it (Darrien Gordon, Harry Swayne '97 and Louis Vasquez, Shaun Phillips '13)

Boom!

pricejj
01-28-2014, 05:27 PM
True except for 7...imo.

You aren't the brightest lightbulb in the grow tent are ya?

errand
01-28-2014, 05:30 PM
No QB under 6' tall has ever won a SB....

Boom

errand
01-28-2014, 05:32 PM
No team from Seattle or the state of Washington has ever won a SB....

Boom

strafen
01-28-2014, 05:36 PM
pat bowlen "this one is for me " gonna pawn this one just like the other 2

He's broke, right? Ha!

Kaylore
01-28-2014, 05:41 PM
By the way, I would love it if Bowlen said this one's for me and walked off with the Lombardi.

Johnykbr
01-28-2014, 06:39 PM
By the way, I would love it if Bowlen said this one's for me and walked off with the Lombardi.

Don't forget he borrows one from our SeaRoid friends and finishes it off by saying "Out."

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-28-2014, 06:51 PM
He's broke, right? Ha!

well dude after paying everyone who works for the broncos he has to do something to pay for his alcohol, so he pawned the Lombardis and replaced them with tin foil replica and well hes out of drinking money again so well he is gonna sell this Lombardi on ebay

Bronco
01-28-2014, 06:52 PM
No team with a QB that wears the #3 has ever won a superbowl.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-28-2014, 06:52 PM
oh forgot my catchphrase http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4758571581705860&pid=1.7

gunns
01-28-2014, 07:14 PM
I just don't know if the Broncos can overcome that one stat, the big one.

Teams that met in the preseason and then played in the SB, the winner of that preseason matchup 5 out 6 times has won the SB.

Seems insurmountable to me.

broncosteven
01-28-2014, 07:32 PM
Let's look at all the things that have absolutely nothing to do with how either team will actually play, but may determine the outcome of the SB for no logical reason whatsoever.

Seattle is 11-12 all time in the postseason. If they win, they will be 12-12 - BOOM!
Seattle has the number one 1 scoring offense. In games where the number 1 scoring offense played the number one scoring defense, the defense comes out ahead 3 out of 4 times.

Why the Broncos will win

The one time the best scoring offense beat the best scoring defense in a Super Bowl, the best scoring offense was one of the best ever (Niners over Broncos.) This year the Broncos have arguably THE best scoring offense ever.
Eli advanced to the SB to win on his brother's home field. Now clearly the powers that be want to complete the circle and have Peyton win in NJ.
Denver is 20-17 in the postseason. A difference of 3. This is Manning's third visit to the SB and if they win, be Denver's Third Lombardi.
4 of the last 5 SB winners won their Championship game by at least 7 points or more.
Denver may be 13-3, but they have overcome a lot of traditionally bad mojo. Including: Beating the Patriots. Beating Phillip Rivers. Advancing to the SB. (Denver has never advanced to a SB as a 13-3 team, usually getting bounced in the first round.) So Denver has shown a tendency to over power all bad omen's this year.

Kahn's Superiorness is slipping

This will be Denver's 7th SB, 7 is John Elway's Number hence:

Broncos WIN!

It is funny but after the close SD win I have felt at peace ever since. After we dominated NE then advanced to the SB I thought I would get worked up about it again but I still feel real good, as well as calm, about the game. So good I invited my parents to the house to watch the game, the Broncos are 2-4 in SB's I have watched with my dad.

ak1971
01-28-2014, 07:51 PM
I would get worked up about it again but I still feel real good, as well as calm, about the game.
Im pretty sure its the quaaludes

Bronco X
01-28-2014, 08:10 PM

Why the Broncos will win

Also on the Broncos side:

The history repeating itself juju between 96-98 and 2012-present! Please note:

* A huge disappointment in 96/12 as they are bounced in the first round after securing a #1 seed with a 13-3 record.

* The next season they advance to the Super Bowl after defeating opponents in the divisional and championship round that defeated them in the regular season. Actually, more specifically, defeated them in week 12 and week 15 in both seasons.

* They are led by a 37 year old quarterback dogged by questions about his legacy and ability to win championships. Both quarterbacks were selected with the #1 overall pick by the Colts.

* The starting running backs are both 5'11", 210 pound Georgia Bulldogs.

* Led by a head coach in his third season coaching the team, following an 8-8 debut and a 13-3 sophomore campaign.

Cito Pelon
01-28-2014, 08:19 PM

That would be cool, but hopefully he has to say, "This one is for Champ" after a champion type of performance.

boppool
01-28-2014, 08:32 PM
2014 - Year of Horse! Herro?

http://photo.elsoar.com/wp-content/images/2014-Year-of-horse-4.jpg

BroncoFanDoug
01-28-2014, 08:39 PM
Every time a team with 13 letters in their name meets a team with 15 letters in their name in the SB they win.

Boom!

Ok i made that up (well heck might be right). And would make as much sense as OP.

cmhargrove
01-28-2014, 08:41 PM
On December 1, 2013, Knowshon cried his famous tears of victory before the game against the Kansas City Chiefs. Those beautiful tears watered the grass, the beautiful green grass that lifted our Denver Broncos to a glorious victory over their bitter foes from mulletville.

After the game, as generally happens in nature, those tears of victory evaporated and were lifted high into the upper atmosphere, where a now small cloud formed, and made the atmosphere beautiful - and victorious.

Time passes, nature runs its course, and the jet stream lovingly accepts the cloud of victorious tears and gently propels them to the East and the North. Along the way, Knowshon's beautifully victorious cloud of tears waters the land with the seeds of victory. These are the places where the Denver Broncos will win games in the future. Wait for it, fate is inexorable - it will happen.

As you may have guessed, the victorious tear cloud is now approaching the eastern seaboard. On Sunday evening, right around kickoff, you will notice a small dusting of snow falling from the sky over MetLife Stadium. It will smell slightly of sweaty socks and fine horse hair. Make no mistake, that is the snow....

Of victory.

ZONA
01-28-2014, 08:47 PM

Why the Broncos will win

Kahn's Superiorness is slipping

This will be Denver's 7th SB, 7 is John Elway's Number hence:

Broncos WIN!

It is funny but after the close SD win I have felt at peace ever since. After we dominated NE then advanced to the SB I thought I would get worked up about it again but I still feel real good, as well as calm, about the game. So good I invited my parents to the house to watch the game, the Broncos are 2-4 in SB's I have watched with my dad.

Yup, he's slipping. Seattle doesn't have the #1 scoring offense.

errand
01-28-2014, 08:57 PM
No team named the Seahawks has ever won the Superbowl

Kaylore
01-28-2014, 09:00 PM
Yeah I suck.

strafen
01-29-2014, 10:43 AM
Has there ever been a running QB win the SB?
It seems to me that most SB winning QB's have been pocket passers.
Drew Brees won the SB in 2010 I believe, he is a mobile QB but he stays in the pocket most of the time, as opposed to Russell Wilson...

Most SB winning QB's have been the ones who stay in the pocket and able to throw the ball from there...

Bronco Boy
01-29-2014, 12:28 PM
Seattle is winless in Super Bowls since pot was legalized in the state. Coincidence?

CEH
01-29-2014, 12:32 PM
Prater 12 kickoffs in playoffs all touchbacks
In NY game in sept in 70 degree weather
8 kickoffs with 5 returned
Special teams better show up and not allow Seattle great starting field position

errand
01-29-2014, 04:46 PM
Has there ever been a running QB win the SB?
It seems to me that most SB winning QB's have been pocket passers.
Drew Brees won the SB in 2010 I believe, he is a mobile QB but he stays in the pocket most of the time, as opposed to Russell Wilson...

Most SB winning QB's have been the ones who stay in the pocket and able to throw the ball from there...

Exactly....while people like to argue that Elway and Young were scrambling QB's....they weren't running as much when they won the SB like they did early in their careers.

To win the SB your QB had better not be one of the leading rushers on your team...and he better be able to make plays from the pocket.

strafen
01-29-2014, 08:52 PM
Exactly....while people like to argue that Elway and Young were scrambling QB's....they weren't running as much when they won the SB like they did early in their careers.

To win the SB your QB had better not be one of the leading rushers on your team...and he better be able to make plays from the pocket.There's a big difference between a running QB and a mobile QB...
Drew Brees is a mobile QB, Wilson and Kaepernick are running QB's
Wilson is vertical challenged and thus can't be a pocket passer, he has to get out of the pocket to be able to survey downfield
Elway, Young, Luck are mobile QB's they made a living throwing from the pocket
Randall Cunninghan was a running QB

spdirty
01-29-2014, 10:11 PM
Chris Collinsworth picked us. The only one out of the panel.

We're fk'ed. :(

uplink
01-31-2014, 04:02 PM
I looked up the map for directions to the dance I'm going to tonight and I see I turn in to the parking lot right next to a Papa Johns store. Plus a chick I thought wasn't interested in me invited me to accompany her to a superbowl party.

sgbfan
01-31-2014, 04:16 PM
Seattle scores every time "I Don't Want to Wait" by Paula Cole comes on the jukebox.

Denver scores every time that guy goes in the basement to fetch beer.

Something has to give.

We need a gang of Broncos fans to show up at that juke box tp keep that song from playing and Jillian Michaels needs to show up at that guys house and make him run stairs until he pukes, then make him get up and run again!