PDA

View Full Version : Hate Paris Lenon - Not After Reading This Article

bronco0608
01-27-2014, 08:33 PM
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/27/paris-lenon-denver-broncos-super-bowl-48/

Paul Ferraro, Rams linebackers coach, 2009-11: “One of my favorite players I’ve ever coached, and I only had him for one year. I couldn’t believe when I watched the Lions’ tape that this guy wasn’t with anybody. My biggest disappointment is that we didn’t keep him. The way he studied the game—I had to be on my toes.”

Matt Raich, Cardinals linebackers coach, 2009-2012: “We had a big void when Karlos Dansby left. We signed Paris, and it ended up being one of the greatest signs we had. He was the smartest linebacker I’ve ever coached. All the younger players called him Uncle Paris. He’s just a blue-collar football player. In his second season the team voted him captain.”

Phil Snow, Lions defensive assistant, 2005-09: “Paris is a true bro. He plays the game the way it’s supposed to be played. He became a free agent out of Green Bay, and I kind of found him. He’s not real flashy, so you’re thinking, is this guy any good? And then you see the knowledge of the game and how well he kept himself in condition; that made him a good player.”

bronco0608
01-27-2014, 08:35 PM
“Paris has played a lot of football,” Broncos defensive tackle Terrance Knighton said. “He’s played in different leagues and played with a lot of different guys. He’s played on good defenses and he’s seen a lot of football. And the good thing about him, he shares his knowledge.

“When you have a veteran guy, you can trust him. You know he’s going to be there. When you’ve played as much as he has, nothing is new to you. You aren’t fooled by anything. Paris is always where he’s supposed to be on the field.”

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140127/SPORTS0101/301270091#ixzz2rfGZCnbx

Bigdawg26
01-27-2014, 08:39 PM
He still sucks! Everybody can see him on the field getting abused in coverage and late in the run game.

bronco0608
01-27-2014, 08:42 PM
He still sucks! Everybody can see him on the field getting abused in coverage and late in the run game.

But yet we have shut down the run and given up the least amount points we have all season with him starting the last four games.

Interesting.

BroncosfanGuy
01-27-2014, 08:42 PM
he has been a solid mike in the base imo.

also, from the link in the OP:
From the middle of 2007 through the end of 2009, when he spent a season with the 1-15 Rams, Lenon went through a personal stretch of 2 wins and 38 losses.

broncocalijohn
01-27-2014, 08:45 PM
So he is a smart guy that isn't very good at MIKE.

Foxworth was a very smart guy but we got rid of him.

The Broncos traded Foxworth to the Atlanta Falcons in September 2008 for a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2009 NFL Draft.

He is big time now with the NFLPA.

pricejj
01-27-2014, 08:48 PM
I like Paris Lenon. He's a key cog in the Broncos Defense now.

UberBroncoMan
01-27-2014, 08:50 PM
I don't think anyone "hates" him. More like people wishing we had Karlos Dansby instead.

Bigdawg26
01-27-2014, 08:52 PM
But yet we have shut down the run and given up the least amount points we have all season with him starting the last four games.

Interesting.

Yeah his amazing one tackle a game during that stretch had more of an impact than Woody coming back along with Knighton and the D-line really stepping up.

Paladin
01-27-2014, 08:53 PM
Some guys just don't want to give up their cherished and carefully calculated untruths.

TheReverend
01-27-2014, 08:53 PM
Not a world beater, but he's out performed my expectations.

R8R H8R
01-27-2014, 08:59 PM
Some guys just don't want to give up their cherished and carefully calculated untruths.

This. It just gets me how some guys think they know more than the coaching staff who watch the tape and see him in practice every day.

myMind
01-27-2014, 09:08 PM

I'll rely on a smart leader in base packages to force third downs, and expect young talented athletes to step up in stunts and force punts. Overall we have a very creative yet ruthless DC telling these guys what to do. Our D has time and again played up to the challenge when it matters this year (playoffs). Trevathan lays wood, Champ gets a pick, potroast stuffs the run, drc or carter get a pick six.

R8R H8R
01-27-2014, 09:11 PM
I'll rely on a smart leader in base packages to force third downs, and expect young talented athletes to step up in stunts and force punts. Overall we have a very creative yet ruthless DC telling these guys what to do. Our D has time and again played up to the challenge when it matters this year (playoffs). Trevathan lays wood, Champ gets a pick, potroast stuffs the run, drc and carter get a pick six.

FYP

Brewer
01-27-2014, 09:13 PM
I hate Paris Hilton.

theAPAOps5
01-27-2014, 09:14 PM

Interesting.

Truth, killing him with truth. It is also why you see Woodyard sub in during nickel packages, better coverage.

bronco0608
01-27-2014, 09:22 PM
So he is a smart guy that isn't very good at MIKE.

Foxworth was a very smart guy but we got rid of him.

The Broncos traded Foxworth to the Atlanta Falcons in September 2008 for a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2009 NFL Draft.

He is big time now with the NFLPA.

Umm, they coaches really weren't referring to his academics smarts, but his on the field and playbook smarts.

Foxy was an academic bookworm and that has some, but not much to do with knowing where to be on the field and knowing your assignments and what other teams are running.

But, yea, why not. FOXY SMART BAD FOOTBALL PLAYER. COACH CALLS LENON SMART SO HE BE BAD BECAUSE HE BE TALKING ABOUT ECONOMICS AND ****.

Yea, I see what you are saying.

Br0nc0Buster
01-27-2014, 09:30 PM
He has been solid in our base package diagnosing and flowing to the ball

Action
01-27-2014, 11:00 PM
Lenon does a great job of getting the defense in the right positions.

broncocalijohn
01-27-2014, 11:31 PM
Umm, they coaches really weren't referring to his academics smarts, but his on the field and playbook smarts.

Foxy was an academic bookworm and that has some, but not much to do with knowing where to be on the field and knowing your assignments and what other teams are running.

But, yea, why not. FOXY SMART BAD FOOTBALL PLAYER. COACH CALLS LENON SMART SO HE BE BAD BECAUSE HE BE TALKING ABOUT ECONOMICS AND ****.

Yea, I see what you are saying.

No, Lenin is bad because Lenin isn't very good (yes, this makes sense). Maybe he overachieved and he is now on a team that is in the SB. Great for him. We still need a MIKE for next season. So many here thought the MIKE wasn't important enough to draft but it seems one area we have struggled. Enjoy your fluff piece and it works this week. When it comes to game time, he better take advantage when it matters most.

Dexter
01-27-2014, 11:34 PM
Paris Lenon is to the NFL what Chard Mustard was to the Broncos.

Good guy, but yeah he'll likely be gone after this year. I hope he gets a ring though, would be a nice story. Anyone who goes a stretch of 2-38 has a little bit of good karma coming their way you would think.

IA-Broncosfan53
01-27-2014, 11:48 PM
Chad Mustard? Really? Lenon was on the roster for an entire season. Mustard would be get cut every other week and certainly never started at such an important position. More like Ty Law if we have to make a comparison

broncocalijohn
01-27-2014, 11:49 PM
Paris Lenon is to the NFL what Chard Mustard was to the Broncos.

Good guy, but yeah he'll likely be gone after this year. I hope he gets a ring though, would be a nice story. Anyone who goes a stretch of 2-38 has a little bit of good karma coming their way you would think.

You mean he will be cut, then brought back, then caught and then brought back? Oops, forgot a few. Just cut n paste it. You get the idea.

Dexter
01-27-2014, 11:53 PM
Chad Mustard? Really? Lenon was on the roster for an entire season. Mustard would be get cut every other week and certainly never started at such an important position. More like Ty Law if we have to make a comparison

Pretty much what the NFL did to the poor guy for awhile. But yeah, maybe could have picked a better comparison. I am glad he is a Bronco this year, for whatever its worth

:ouwknow:

ColoradoDarin
01-28-2014, 06:09 AM
He has been solid since the game following his promotion to starter. I was absolutely ripping on him in the beginning of the year (because his limited play was awful and his first start wasn't good either). However, since his 2nd start, he's been solid for us.

Kudos to Paris and to the D coaching staff.

This one's for Paris!

barryr
01-28-2014, 06:11 AM
He's been a big surprise and has helped this defense quite a bit.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-28-2014, 06:13 AM

This.

I hated when he initially replaced Woody, because I'm completely in the tank for ol' Wesley. But he's been a very nice surprise in the stretch run, and I hope it can continue.

Smiling Assassin27
01-28-2014, 07:13 AM

Bingo. Unkie Paris, meet Skittle-boy.

bpc
01-28-2014, 08:49 AM
Defense is producing on the field. If 11 guys are in their spots doing what they need to do, I'll take that every day vs a guy that free lances and makes 1/10 plays , killing us the other 9.

Cito Pelon
01-28-2014, 06:44 PM
Yeah his amazing one tackle a game during that stretch had more of an impact than Woody coming back along with Knighton and the D-line really stepping up.

I guess part of his job is to wear the green dot, take the calls in from the sideline, get everybody aligned correctly. He's done that at each town he's been in from what I Googled.

broncosteven
01-28-2014, 07:18 PM
Lennon has stepped it up along with the rest of the D over the last 8 weeks or so, when ever the last loss was vs SD.

Lennon also had a great stop on 3rd down I believe vs the Pats and has been in some good spots recently in games.

He has zero upside, just depth like the old dudes Fox brought in on D last year did. Hell he is just as good as Brooking was at this point if not better after getting more playing time.

I still think it is odd that Woodyard fell so far. I thought he was playing above his ability but he has better speed and good instincts. I didn't think he was the best MIKE ever but to lose the head set for playcalls then a ton of playing time doesn't bode well.

Hopefully both dudes can make plays on Sunday and get us another ring!

BroncoFanDoug
01-28-2014, 08:50 PM
This is not this complicated. Lenon is a good to very good run stopper and a mediocre cover guy - he just aint fast enough. Woody is really the flip side of this - he is fast but he is just aint big enough esp with all the D-line injuries we have suffered.

We have been playing (and will again this week) teams that are very dependent on their run games. Lenon is probably the best choice. If we had faced a different team Woody might be starting tbh.

DENVERDUI55
01-28-2014, 08:52 PM
He is a bandaid for sure. He isn't Joe Mays bad but he is far from Al Wilson.

Bigdawg26
01-28-2014, 08:58 PM
He is a bandaid for sure. He isn't Joe Mays bad but he is far from Al Wilson.

I agree he is a band aid but based on this thread some people believe he is freakin Ray Lewis in his prime!

ZONA
01-28-2014, 09:04 PM
I don't care how he's been evaluated in the past or what some think of him. All I want is for him to play his best ever on Sunday.

pricejj
01-28-2014, 09:05 PM
I agree he is a band aid but based on this thread some people believe he is freakin Ray Lewis in his prime!

I guarantee you Lenon is doing pushups and crunches in his hotel room right now.

Every single Bronco is adamant that their primary goal is to stop the run. Lenon is the leader of that force.

Vegas_Bronco
01-28-2014, 10:04 PM
Great read - thank you for posting. Dude reminds me of Glenn Cadrez only faster.

Mogulseeker
01-28-2014, 10:20 PM
If smarts alone made a good football player, then Ryan Fitzpatrick would be a first-ballot HOFer, and half the NFL would be made up of Ivy Leaguers.

Agamemnon
01-28-2014, 10:29 PM
I don't get all the Paris Lenon hate. He's no all-pro but our defense has steadily improved with him as our starting Mike.

Agamemnon
01-28-2014, 10:36 PM
This is not this complicated. Lenon is a good to very good run stopper and a mediocre cover guy - he just aint fast enough. Woody is really the flip side of this - he is fast but he is just aint big enough esp with all the D-line injuries we have suffered.

More to the point, Woodyard isn't a Mike.

Guess Who
01-29-2014, 12:35 AM

So he is getting abused on eveyr play and in coverage yet Denver's defense has played better than every other team in the playoffs?

Overreact much???

Guess Who
01-29-2014, 12:36 AM
He would be much better liked if his name wasn't Paris.

You know it is true.

ColoradoDarin
01-29-2014, 07:10 AM
Lennon has stepped it up along with the rest of the D over the last 8 weeks or so, when ever the last loss was vs SD.

Lennon also had a great stop on 3rd down I believe vs the Pats and has been in some good spots recently in games.

He has zero upside, just depth like the old dudes Fox brought in on D last year did. Hell he is just as good as Brooking was at this point if not better after getting more playing time.

I still think it is odd that Woodyard fell so far. I thought he was playing above his ability but he has better speed and good instincts. I didn't think he was the best MIKE ever but to lose the head set for playcalls then a ton of playing time doesn't bode well.

Hopefully both dudes can make plays on Sunday and get us another ring!

The big problem came when the fatties up front started getting injured (Wolfe and Vickerson) and the opposing OL started getting to the 2nd level on us. WW3 just doesn't have the build to take them on. Lenon stepped up big time from then on.