PDA

View Full Version : Unsubstantiated Claim/Rumor: Fox to Retire

EmpireOrange
11-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Just in time for Mr. Elway to hire his guy, Gary Kubiack.

Stay tuned for more insider information at it develops

SoCalBronco
11-03-2013, 10:04 AM
I have changed your title to reflect that it is an assertion, not fact. Please don't post claims/rumors as facts in your titles, it will get people annoyed needlessly.

Do it again and you'll be on a vacation.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
11-03-2013, 11:16 AM
I have changed your title to reflect that it is an assertion, not fact. Please don't post claims/rumors as facts in your titles, it will get people annoyed needlessly.

That's ok. He started another thread. Ban this idiot.

oubronco
11-03-2013, 11:21 AM
That means Fox signed an extension cool thanks man

bronco militia
11-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Was he seen wearing the dreaded walking cast?

DenverBrit
11-03-2013, 11:24 AM
http://www.rtd-fastracks.com/images/uploads/main/Web_new_train.jpg

oubronco
11-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Was he seen wearing the dreaded walking cast?

Damn Lisfranc in his chest

bronco militia
11-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Damn Lisfranc in his chest

RIP

theAPAOps5
11-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Guys I was reading my poop leaves (you know the streaks left on the toilet) and I heard we are bringing back Reeves.

oubronco
11-03-2013, 12:18 PM
And signing Ryan Leaf to a 10 yr $20 contract because Brodie Croyle wanted $30

Jetmeck
11-03-2013, 12:24 PM

Banning someone for making a title you don't agree with...........lol

Get over yourself............

Drunken.Broncoholic2
11-03-2013, 12:45 PM

The guy made more than one. Clearly trying to instill hysteria.

DenverBound
11-03-2013, 12:54 PM
The guy made more than one. Clearly trying to instill hysteria.

Yes. but banning him? lol, C'mon. He might be an idiot but he isn't doing half the **** Chiefs fans do on this board.

Jetmeck
11-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Yes. but banning him? lol, C'mon. He might be an idiot but he isn't doing half the **** Chiefs fans do on this board.

Understatement of the year..............

Shananahan
11-03-2013, 01:01 PM
I feel safer and more secure in my overall awareness of team activity knowing that EmpireOrange is out there longdicking for the rest of us.

Blueflame
11-03-2013, 01:20 PM

1. Ignoring a moderator directive is a bannable offense.

2. SoCal wasn't the moderator who banned him.

3. "Get over yourself......................" Taking your own advice might not be an unwise course of action.

theAPAOps5
11-03-2013, 01:31 PM

3. "Get over yourself......................" Taking your own advice might not be an unwise course of action.

I vote to ban Jettard. His use of ....... Is appalling

Jetmeck
11-03-2013, 01:36 PM

You are funny girl.

An over reach in power is just that and people that use that power

just cause they can are the problem, not people like guy who could

very well be correct considering the situation.

At my age I have seen a few mods who abuse their power and this

is one of those cases.

To let those Chief fans stir the chit and then jump all over this guy

when you have no evidence he is not correct ?

Wrong is wrong and I don't give a **** who thinks otherwise.

Thus whole situation sounds personal.........which would be another

reason not to ban the guy.

Changing the name someone else's thread is BS...........especially

without knowing whom is correct.

Whatever...............

Jetmeck
11-03-2013, 01:37 PM
I vote to ban Jettard. His use of ....... Is appalling

With whomever banned this other guy anything is possible.

theAPAOps5
11-03-2013, 01:44 PM
With whomever banned this other guy anything is possible.

Totally

Blueflame
11-03-2013, 02:24 PM
You are funny girl.

An over reach in power is just that and people that use that power

just cause they can are the problem, not people like guy who could

very well be correct considering the situation.

At my age I have seen a few mods who abuse their power and this

is one of those cases.

To let those Chief fans stir the chit and then jump all over this guy

when you have no evidence he is not correct ?

Wrong is wrong and I don't give a **** who thinks otherwise.

Thus whole situation sounds personal.........which would be another

reason not to ban the guy.

Changing the name someone else's thread is BS...........especially

without knowing whom is correct.

Whatever...............

This is the portion of the Forum Guidelines that comes into play when one posts rumor as if it were fact:

"False news – Posting fake news is strictly prohibited. Few things will get you banned quicker than posting a fake story during a sensitive news period."

When a poster fails to specifically state that a "news story" is unsubstantiated and/or pure rumor, then the moderator who changes the thread title in order to clarify -- is doing him a favor. It's that or by rule, the poster will be banned for posting fake news.

As for Chefs fans -- forum rules have been applied and at least a half dozen have been dealt with.

It's clear that you disagree with the decision but the Forum Guidelines were followed to the letter.

DomCasual
11-03-2013, 03:08 PM
IMO, the bannable offense was starting the second thread. That was stupid.

That said, there was recently a thread on ChefsPlanet, basically mocking us for all the banning we do. And to be honest, I agreed with most of what they said. TJ could confirm this with actual numbers, but it seems to me we have far less volume of posts than we've had in the past. Obviously, it isn't JUST banning people that has led to that. But that is part of it.

For example, banning trolls, IMO, is a really bad idea. TJ used to generally be against that, and he was right. Banning people for disagreeable, and even deliberately inflammatory posts is a slippery slope.

I also think season and offseason mode should not exist. Sure, it can be frustrating to see non-Bronco posts in the main forum. But this is a community. We are here for the Broncos; but we're also here because we've made relationships with each other. Other things come up. There are other sub-forums for that, of course. And a very small minority of the membership here (myself included) ever really visits them.

Honestly, I see CP as something of a model for moderating a board like this. I hate the Chiefs more than I hate any team in any sport. But for the most part, I like the people that post at CP. This board used to be more like that one - more "wild west," and less "pre WWII era Germany."

If anyone actually sees this, I'm sure I'll take some crap for it. Whatever. It's just my opinion. And if you think about it, I don't think I complain much. So, it's about as constructive as it gets.

Guess Who
11-03-2013, 03:25 PM

You're such a bully, give someone a ban hammer and they think they are jesus.

Blueflame
11-03-2013, 03:30 PM

That said, there was recently a thread on ChefsPlanet, basically mocking us for all the banning we do. And to be honest, I agreed with most of what they said. TJ could confirm this with actual numbers, but it seems to me we have far less volume of posts than we've had in the past. Obviously, it isn't JUST banning people that has led to that. But that is part of it.

For example, banning trolls, IMO, is a really bad idea. TJ used to generally be against that, and he was right. Banning people for disagreeable, and even deliberately inflammatory posts is a slippery slope.

I also think season and offseason mode should not exist. Sure, it can be frustrating to see non-Bronco posts in the main forum. But this is a community. We are here for the Broncos; but we're also here because we've made relationships with each other. Other things come up. There are other sub-forums for that, of course. And a very small minority of the membership here (myself included) ever really visits them.

Honestly, I see CP as something of a model for moderating a board like this. I hate the Chiefs more than I hate any team in any sport. But for the most part, I like the people that post at CP. This board used to be more like that one - more "wild west," and less "pre WWII era Germany."

If anyone actually sees this, I'm sure I'll take some crap for it. Whatever. It's just my opinion. And if you think about it, I don't think I complain much. So, it's about as constructive as it gets.

So in conclusion, Chefs fans mock us for applying the posted forum guidelines -- and this after most of them were directed to the "Forum Guidelines" thread and warned that substance-less, pure trolling isn't going to be tolerated. And some Broncos fans (apparently including you) agree.

On the other hand, some Broncos fans here (see Jetmeck's post above) don't think we take enough action; they believe that Chefs trolls are running amok here, totally unrestrained.

It's a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't for the moderator team. SMH.

We're not going to ignore the rules for the sake of the entertainment of a few Johnny-come-lately rival trolls. Sorry, but forum rules that apply to everyone else -- have to apply to them too.

Shananahan
11-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Blueflame does love to indiscriminately apply rules.

Guess Who
11-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Blueflame does love to indiscriminately apply rules.

yep

DomCasual
11-03-2013, 04:37 PM
So in conclusion, Chefs fans mock us for applying the posted forum guidelines -- and this after most of them were directed to the "Forum Guidelines" thread and warned that substance-less, pure trolling isn't going to be tolerated. And some Broncos fans (apparently including you) agree.

On the other hand, some Broncos fans here (see Jetmeck's post above) don't think we take enough action; they believe that Chefs trolls are running amok here, totally unrestrained.

It's a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't for the moderator team. SMH.

We're not going to ignore the rules for the sake of the entertainment of a few Johnny-come-lately rival trolls. Sorry.

I knew you'd get defensive.

Look, at some point, you take a step back, and you look at the bigger picture. Is the board getting better? Is it staying even? Is it getting worse? My perception is that it's getting worse. I don't have the numbers to back that. It's just my perception. And with the way the Broncos popularity has exploded, plus the way the Internet has changed since the board's inception - this place should be more popular than ever! Yet, I would bet the numbers are way off, from the board's best days. Sure, we probably have more members than ever. What about total posts per day? Or new threads per day?

So, if my perception is right, then you do this place a disservice by saying, "We're just following the rules!" Because apparently, something with "the rules" isn't working!

And let's say you really are just following the rules. The person who started the thread at CP is Rausch. Rausch has been around here for a long time. Go read that thread. In it, he is almost entirely complimentary about the Mane. It's more that he feels incredulous to the fact that he was banned here! Sure, he was talking a little trash when he got banned. But he's been a good rival fan here for a long time. Are we really going to get rid of every non-Bronco fan that pokes a little fun our way? Really? This will become a pretty lonely place! And the practice of doing it shows us to have an embarrassingly-thin skin.

I can show you time after time when TJ didn't cower to demands to ban Bob. He used basically the same argument that I just used in the last four sentences in the last paragraph. And this was freaking Bob!

So, bury your head in the sand all you want - only coming up for air long enough to slap the other tight-sphinctered mods a high-five for your blind "following the rules" approach. In the process, you will be unwittingly killing the board you profess to love.

(For the record, not all of the mods have tight sphincters. But the few of you who do are unsurprisingly the ones who wield the most influence around here. TJ has "grown up" in his real life since he started this, and with a career, a marriage, and children, he understandably doesn't have as much time and energy to run it now. For whatever reason, the place seems to have strayed from his original vision. As mods, maybe you guys should spend some time thinking about where we've strayed.)

Shananahan
11-03-2013, 04:46 PM
After that last fiasco where the guy was banned for accidentally insulting somebody's avatar which, unbeknownst to him, turned out to allegedly be the guy's dead wife, I wouldn't hope for anything from Blueflame.

She has neither opinions nor concerns as to what she does and how she does it, apparently.

Blueflame
11-03-2013, 04:52 PM
I knew you'd get defensive.

Look, at some point, you take a step back, and you look at the bigger picture. Is the board getting better? Is it staying even? Is it getting worse? My perception is that it's getting worse. I don't have the numbers to back that. It's just my perception. And with the way the Broncos popularity has exploded, plus the way the Internet has changed since the board's inception - this place should be more popular than ever! Yet, I would bet the numbers are way off, from the board's best days. Sure, we probably have more members than ever. What about total posts per day? Or new threads per day?

So, if my perception is right, then you do this place a disservice by saying, "We're just following the rules!" Because apparently, something with "the rules" isn't working!

And let's say you really are just following the rules. The person who started the thread at CP is Rausch. Rausch has been around here for a long time. Go read that thread. In it, he is almost entirely complimentary about the Mane. It's more that he feels incredulous to the fact that he was banned here! Sure, he was talking a little trash when he got banned. But he's been a good rival fan here for a long time. Are we really going to get rid of every non-Bronco fan that pokes a little fun our way? Really? This will become a pretty lonely place! And the practice of doing it shows us to have an embarrassingly-thin skin.

I can show you time after time when TJ didn't cower to demands to ban Bob. He used basically the same argument that I just used in the last four sentences in the last paragraph. And this was freaking Bob!

So, bury your head in the sand all you want - only coming up for air long enough to slap the other tight-sphinctered mods a high-five for your blind "following the rules" approach. In the process, you will be unwittingly killing the board you profess to love.

(For the record, not all of the mods have tight sphincters. But the few of you who do are unsurprisingly the ones who wield the most influence around here. TJ has "grown up" in his real life since he started this, and with a career, a marriage, and children, he understandably doesn't have as much time and energy to run it now. For whatever reason, the place seems to have strayed from his original vision. As mods, maybe you guys should spend some time thinking about where we've strayed.)

You found that "defensive"? I flat-out don't care if rival fans who only registered here to disrupt the forum -- and will leave once their team is no longer undefeated -- think that they should receive preferential treatment here and whine on their home forum when they don't (not referring to Rausch here; it's the pure trolls like "PeterNorth" who have brought about intolerance for Chiefs fans here and that isn't on the moderator team) .

The bigger picture? The Mane is what it is. I like Rausch -- but don't disagree with a brief vacation for the remarks he made in last week's gameday thread. His posting privileges will be reinstated soon (haven't checked to see just when, but the vacation was not a lengthy one). Life goes on.

Broncos_OTM
11-03-2013, 05:04 PM
I feel safer and more secure in my overall awareness of team activity knowing that EmpireOrange is out there longdicking for the rest of us.

Everyone knows you don't long dick ho's they fall in love.

Shananahan
11-03-2013, 05:04 PM
I think what Dom is saying is that excessive bannings, excessive control and restrictive rules... these things can all hurt the culture of a board. Mindblowing concept, I'm sure.

Blueflame
11-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Again, it's "damned if you do and damned if you don't" -- the community requested a clear, concise listing of rules and TJ complied well over a year ago. Complaints at this late date that those rules are "too restrictive" and/or gratuitous bashing of the moderator team for continuing to enforce those rules might not be an effective avenue to take if the goal is modification of the rules. You'd probably enjoy far greater odds of success by privately contacting TJ (via PM) to express your concerns.

Crushaholic
11-03-2013, 05:26 PM
That particular rule of not posting fake news is in place to protect the integrity of the Orangemane. Otherwise, we would be the National Enquirer...

Broncos_OTM
11-03-2013, 07:01 PM
I have a couple comments on the trolls. I have no issues with opposing fans. I don't mind a little smack, but when all it is smack like its been it drags down on the quality of discussion. I tried for a long time to bring quality posts, like tonight I was told I was a idiot because I liked the slogan "fox strong. I don't mind being a little snarky but when all the response entails is I am a idiot. it turns into a flame war. At this point that is the culture of this board.

Have a smack section and a no smack section as much as I hate mania. It might be the way to go. just my .02 and it might not even be worth that.

Los Broncos
11-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Wait, who was banned?

broncocalijohn
11-03-2013, 08:59 PM

Sorry Dom but a lot of wrong in this post. KC fans come over in droves last week. How many got banned? One! Dude went over there and whined. He earned his banning.

Jet Meck is a twit...... He has no idea about Empire Orange and what he has posted in the past. His main concern is Chiefs fans and wants them all banned. One wasn't enough. Maybe add one more, though for practice.

So, anyone still want Kubiak to replace our guy who's heart is on the mends? Seems Shanny is next to hit the canvas.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
11-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Correctly spelling Kubiak's name would've helped.

Blueflame
11-04-2013, 10:48 AM
As a gentle reminder (because there were at least a half-dozen instances of violations of this portion of the forum guidelines in this thread alone):

"Appealing moderator action – The public forum is not the place to appeal moderator action. Such threads will be moved out of the main forum and closed at the acting mods discretion. Please observe the spam guideline and not spam complaints about mod action in the main forum. If you wish to appeal a banning, send an email to moderation@orangemane.com or send a PM to the moderator directly, or to the administrator of this forum, Taco John. If you have been banned and do not hear back from us, consider the appeal denied.

Moderators are volunteers who have demonstrated a love for the Denver Broncos, as well as the Orange Mane community at large. They are tasked with being the standard bearers of this community – though they are all fallible. The mods are just people who love the Broncos, love this discussion forum, and are trying to do the best they can with the tools they have. If you never have anything nice to say about a mod, then you probably shouldn’t say anything at all – and frankly, you might consider finding another community where you think the mods and guidelines are more to your liking. This forum is not going to tolerate the faithful servants of this forum being publically ridiculed for their service any more than it will tolerate the posters being punished arbitrarily. We strive for balance in everything we do – and most of the time, we succeed (nobody is perfect)."

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105466

If the moderator team were, in actuality so "tight-sphinctered", some of the instances were actionable.

That said, this thread has run its course and will now be closed.