PDA

View Full Version : Twins

vanbrugh
10-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Totally random topic!
Has anybody had twins or is a twin? I have just found out that me and my girl are expecting twin boys. I cant wait:strong: but would love some tips from people that have been there?

Blueflame
10-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Totally random topic!
Has anybody had twins or is a twin? I have just found out that me and my girl are expecting twin boys. I cant wait:strong: but would love some tips from people that have been there?

Congratulations! We have twin sons. When they were small, they were like a wrestling tag team. When one was asleep, the other was usually awake. Sleep deprivation became a way of life for the first couple of years.

vanbrugh
10-27-2013, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the reply Blueflame. Haha just watched Moreno run it in as i answer. Is it really as crazy as i think it will be? Life gets crazy with twins i here...i'm just trying to get ahead...as much as i can! First for both of us!

Blueflame
10-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the reply Blueflame. Haha just watched Moreno run it in as i answer. Is it really as crazy as i think it will be? Life gets crazy with twins i here...i'm just trying to get ahead...as much as i can! First for both of us!

Raising twins is a challenge, to be sure. If one's being fed, the other will also want to be fed at the same time and you guys will get very good at multitasking. The good part is that throughout early childhood, they'll have a playmate to learn new things with.

Bronco Yoda
10-27-2013, 07:26 PM
Congrats! Buy two of everything is my advice.

Blueflame
10-28-2013, 02:36 AM
I forgot to mention this, but one of the things it's nice to know in advance is that it's not at all unusual for twins to arrive early (my boys were born 4 weeks early -- small but healthy at 4 lbs. 13 oz. and 5 lbs. 15 oz.) so you guys might want to pick up essentials (diapers, newborn clothes, etc.) a little earlier than you normally would with a single-child pregnancy.

oubronco
10-31-2013, 10:04 AM
Congrats Vanbrugh!!

pricejj
11-05-2013, 09:01 PM
I'm a twin.

1. Don't dress them in matching outfits. It's nice when people call you by your name, not your brother's name. Different clothes help alleviate that.
2. #1 most asked question: "If I pinch you will your brother feel it?" Answer: no
3. #2 most asked question: "Do you guys try to play tricks on people, and switch girlfriends?" Answer: no

Congrats on the boys. They each have a best friend for life!

vanbrugh
02-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Hello, thank you for all of your replies so much good advice. I'm so scared now to be a dad for the first time - is that natural? My Girl has a due date of the 25th March. The babies are around 4 lbs each and growing fast....She doesn't even look pregnant from behind....and she's so strong-wow. She also of course knows im a Bronco and I have felt sad and ****e this week.... What do I do this week to re-focus......?

I am the Frown Cannon