PDA

View Full Version : OrangeMane Podcast - Episode 37 - @ Indianapolis

Taco John
10-22-2013, 09:44 PM
<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/116641963"></iframe>

Download link right here ^^^^^^^

myMind
10-22-2013, 09:49 PM
Nice, switched to soundcloud. Ill listen later tonight.

Kaylore
10-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Really sorry I couldn't participate this time guys. I was ready the last two weeks. We had company over his week.

SoCalBronco
10-22-2013, 11:26 PM
Really sorry I couldn't participate this time guys. I was ready the last two weeks. We had company over his week.

You'll be happy I'm sure that I pointed out that your claim that Shanny "always has that glare" is completely false.

You were missed tho.....:(

fontaine
10-23-2013, 02:26 AM
Thanks for another great podcast folks. Thought you did a great job, especially with Kaylore out. :)

On the pass protection stuff, one way to slow that down is to stop putting the offense pinned right back deep into our own half.

It was so damn frustrating watching Colquitt go 4-5 punts 35, 38 yards in the air (which is ridiculous by any standard) giving the Colts excellent field position only for them to punt and pin us deep in our own half right up against the end zone.

That field position always invites more aggressive pass rush because Defenses have a lot more field to play with and will attack knowing they can give up a quick couple of first downs when Denver has the length of the field to march down.

ZONA
10-23-2013, 02:32 AM
I only got through half of this tonight.

A few comments:

Don't agree with the comment you would rather not have Vickerson on this team. The dude made some really bad decisions this game and he had one dirty play. I've never seen him do this before and I think calling for his head after 1 time is kinda ridiculous

The trade Decker comments - it's not even an option really. He's on a rookie contract still, doesn't make huge bucks. There's no real options for trading him because the same quality player you're looking to get back would probably have a much larger contract.

I agree with wanting more screens. I've been saying this for several weeks now and I think it will help quite bit. It's a low risk play and it WILL slow down the pass rush.

You guys mentioned in regards to the OL that we'll be getting some guys back. Franklin is really the only one. There's nobody else coming back, besides Walton but Manram has been pretty solid so far so we're really not getting "guys" back. We're getting "a guy back". I do agree though, I think the Franklin injury affected the OL play quite a bit because you've now shuffled things quite a bit moving 2 players on the right side. Not to mention, the accumulative affect of all the OL injuries (2 tackles, 2 centers).

Thanks for the effort - was fun to listen to. Will try to catch the 2nd half tomorrow.

El Guapo
10-23-2013, 03:19 AM
Once again, thanks for doing this gents. I look forward to listening in.

TheReverend
10-23-2013, 05:49 AM
Thanks for another great podcast folks. Thought you did a great job, especially with Kaylore out. :)

On the pass protection stuff, one way to slow that down is to stop putting the offense pinned right back deep into our own half.

It was so damn frustrating watching Colquitt go 4-5 punts 35, 38 yards in the air (which is ridiculous by any standard) giving the Colts excellent field position only for them to punt and pin us deep in our own half right up against the end zone.

That field position always invites more aggressive pass rush because Defenses have a lot more field to play with and will attack knowing they can give up a quick couple of first downs when Denver has the length of the field to march down.

Interesting. I was so preoccupied with everything else and he's been so consistently automatic, I didn't even notice Colquitt having a poor game.

TheReverend
10-23-2013, 05:51 AM
Don't agree with the comment you would rather not have Vickerson on this team. The dude made some really bad decisions this game and he had one dirty play. I've never seen him do this before and I think calling for his head after 1 time is kinda ridiculous

**** Vickerson.

That filth belongs in Detroit.

You guys mentioned in regards to the OL that we'll be getting some guys back. Franklin is really the only one. There's nobody else coming back, besides Walton but Manram has been pretty solid so far so we're really not getting "guys" back. We're getting "a guy back". I do agree though, I think the Franklin injury affected the OL play quite a bit because you've now shuffled things quite a bit moving 2 players on the right side. Not to mention, the accumulative affect of all the OL injuries (2 tackles, 2 centers)

Depth prevents guys from playing out of position.

randerson1184
10-23-2013, 07:26 AM
Sweet! Love the podcasts. I've got some spreadsheets to compile and 150 line government forms to fill out this morning. I know what I'll be listening to while I push paperwork!

TonyR
10-23-2013, 07:38 AM
The trade Decker comments...

Did someone seriously suggest this?

DENVERDUI55
10-23-2013, 07:48 AM
Nice Job guys I pretty much agree with all points. As far as the guys for trading Decker let me guess that they are the same guys who wanted to cut Manning and Von.

SeedReaver
10-23-2013, 07:51 AM
Come on Kaylore, you know your voice gives Rev the necessary "vigor" to make sweet love to his girl.

Every time you skip out on a podcast, a girl gets mediocre sexy time. Do it for her.

SeedReaver
10-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Nice Job guys I pretty much agree with all points. As far as the guy for trading Decker let me guess that he is the same guy who wanted to cut Manning and Von.

FYP

fontaine
10-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Interesting. I was so preoccupied with everything else and he's been so consistently automatic, I didn't even notice Colquitt having a poor game.

I was wrong, it was just two short punts. I guess my rage blinded me during the game.

But two were bad enough.

4-10-DEN 20 (5:02) 4-B.Colquitt punts 37 yards to IND 43, Center-46-A.Brewer, fair catch by 13-T.Hilton.

4-10-DEN 20 (1:44) 4-B.Colquitt punts 39 yards to IND 41, Center-46-A.Brewer. 13-T.Hilton to 50 for 9 yards (84-J.Tamme).

37/39 yards in the air? GTFO Colquitt.

Kaylore
10-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the shout out, SoCal. Good job short staffed too.

This coming game is the type of game I usually expect Shanahan to find a way to win. The only problem is it's Manning, and he historically cuts Shanahan teams to ribbons in embarrassing and often historic fashion.

And I agree on Vickerson.

Archer81
10-23-2013, 09:04 AM
I hate centurylink. But... I did get it fixed just as the podcast started. So clearly Tj is afraid of my brilliance. I am on next week, even if I have to pirate my neighbors wifi.

:Broncos:

bronco militia
10-23-2013, 09:52 AM

he has not been very good this year. It's a good thing he got paid this offseason.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/punting/sort/grossAvgPuntYards

ZONA
10-23-2013, 10:50 AM
You guys who would simply cut Vick for a single boneheaded moment are CLEARLY showing why you could never make it as a front man in any NFL office. You can't simply wear your emotions on your sleeve and act upon them like a 10 year old boy who just had his ball taken away. If Vickerson was a repeat offender of playing dirty, I could see your point. We're all human and sometimes being ultra competitive gets the best of us. Vickerson is a really really good player for us and he's never done things like this in the past that I was aware of. That does NOT get you kicked off a team and you guys are clearly overreacting. You say, I'd rather lose then have a guy like that on the team. Well you wouldn't have the job of GM long if you always made decisions like that because you would lose so often you'd be out of that job in a year. Bad call dudes. Just bad.

Miss I.
10-23-2013, 10:52 AM
excellent show as always. Hey can someone maybe get drunk and eat bananas next time. I am doing a comparative analysis of your show and Brandon's and I think that if you all are also drunk eating bananas it will make it more valid.

No, but seriously, good show. I agree on most all of it except maybe that Kahn is wrong about anything.

I think as fans we've gotten a tad spoiled. I suppose the meltdown shouldn't be a surprise after a loss given how much bitching was done when we tragically won by 16 points in the prior game.

And seriously, I know Decker is a diva, but why are we even talking on the Mane or anywhere else about trading him. Yes, I give you that that idiotic nonsense of looking for a penalty call in about every game is tedious, but having said that, I would take that drama over say the I beats my woman drama everyday. Though Khan says a good beating now and then is part of God's plan. Then he tells me to make a sammich.

Still could be worse, the Mane could've melted down and asked to trading Peyton. I was almost expecting it. Actually come to think of it, there was a lot of stuff about him looking old, checking his eyes, his weak arm and there was yet another Cutler thread, maybe people think we should trade back? Though come to think of it that thread would be hysterical in the epicness of the tantrums it would start. hmm...there is a pot that requires stirring...excuse me.

;D

TheReverend
10-23-2013, 11:42 AM
You guys who would simply cut Vick for a single boneheaded moment are CLEARLY showing why you could never make it as a front man in any NFL office. You can't simply wear your emotions on your sleeve and act upon them like a 10 year old boy who just had his ball taken away. If Vickerson was a repeat offender of playing dirty, I could see your point. We're all human and sometimes being ultra competitive gets the best of us. Vickerson is a really really good player for us and he's never done things like this in the past that I was aware of. That does NOT get you kicked off a team and you guys are clearly overreacting. You say, I'd rather lose then have a guy like that on the team. Well you wouldn't have the job of GM long if you always made decisions like that because you would lose so often you'd be out of that job in a year. Bad call dudes. Just bad.

It's not wearing your emotions on your sleeve, genius. It's an ethical decision based on a player not only trying to injure another player, but literally costing the Broncos the game by extending not one but TWO drives for the Colts.

By all means, continue to cry all you want though.

Taco John
10-23-2013, 11:54 AM
I hate centurylink. But... I did get it fixed just as the podcast started. So clearly Tj is afraid of my brilliance. I am on next week, even if I have to pirate my neighbors wifi.

:Broncos:

Sorry about that. I got wrapped up in the podcast and didn't even see you join...

ZONA
10-23-2013, 11:58 AM
It's not wearing your emotions on your sleeve, genius. It's an ethical decision based on a player not only trying to injure another player, but literally costing the Broncos the game by extending not one but TWO drives for the Colts.

By all means, continue to cry all you want though.

Oh I see. I disagree with something you say and explain in a civil way as to why and you throw out the cry card. Cmon Rev. I said I enjoyed the show, you guys brought up alot of great points. I disagree when it comes to the Vickerson thing and you're gonna tell me I'm just crying. Do you or do you not want us to comment on the show. That means the good and the bad. We're not just here to praise you for a job well done. We're here to give our thoughts on the show. It's kinda fun, I enjoy hearing you guys go back and forth on different topics. But when somebody doesn't agree with 1 thing you say, you can't pull out the cry card. I'm not going to get into a back and forth with you. We'll just leave it as we see differently on the Vickerson issue. He wasn't the reason we lost the game. He contributed to it, but so did alot of other people.

Look forward to the next show.

TheReverend
10-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Oh I see. I disagree with something you say and explain in a civil way as to why and you throw out the cry card. Cmon Rev. I said I enjoyed the show, you guys brought up alot of great points. I disagree when it comes to the Vickerson thing and you're gonna tell me I'm just crying. Do you or do you not want us to comment on the show. That means the good and the bad. We're not just here to praise you for a job well done. We're here to give our thoughts on the show. It's kinda fun, I enjoy hearing you guys go back and forth on different topics. But when somebody doesn't agree with 1 thing you say, you can't pull out the cry card. I'm not going to get into a back and forth with you. We'll just leave it as we see differently on the Vickerson issue. He wasn't the reason we lost the game. He contributed to it, but so did alot of other people.

Look forward to the next show.

No, I'm saying you're making an awfully big deal about disagreeing with one detail of an hour long show and it makes you sound like a huge baby.

ZONA
10-23-2013, 12:19 PM
No, I'm saying you're making an awfully big deal about disagreeing with one detail of an hour long show and it makes you sound like a huge baby.

A huge baby? Really? Commenting twice on something, especially here, hardly qualifies as making an awfully big deal of something. I've seen disagreements go literally pages long here at the mane. I already said it's ok for us to disagree. Now you're throwing the baby card out there. Man you're sensitive dude. But hey, whatever man. I'll be sure in the future to only comment about things I agree with. If I disagree then I'll just keep that to myself. Censorship at it's finest. :twokisses

ludo21
10-23-2013, 12:19 PM
Glad to hear that everyone is still on board with keeping Decker (why this was even a question baffles me)

Also, not to gripe on the penalties from this past game, but not a lot was mentioned on this in the podcast, other than our own stupid mistakes, obvious penalties killed 3 or 4 of our drives.

edit: Also on the Vickerson thing, the guy acted a fool, but you don't go and cut a guy for it. (unless you are therev, then I suppose half the roster could be empty by seasons end) ;D

TheReverend
10-23-2013, 12:32 PM
A huge baby? Really? Commenting twice on something, especially here, hardly qualifies as making an awfully big deal of something. I've seen disagreements go literally pages long here at the mane. I already said it's ok for us to disagree. Now you're throwing the baby card out there. Man you're sensitive dude. But hey, whatever man. I'll be sure in the future to only comment about things I agree with. If I disagree then I'll just keep that to myself. Censorship at it's finest. :twokisses

Fine, we'll go down this road:

1. In what planet do you feel Vickerson is an essential cog to the success of the Broncos? Some information to consider while you form your reply: Vickerson averages approximately 20 snaps per game (1/3 to 1/4 of the defensive snaps) and even when he is in, frankly not that good, and was a MASSIVE liability and a primary contributor to Denver's only loss of the season.

2. Wouldn't you agree that if Sly Williams were playing well Vickerson would be unemployed right now? Why would you not want that level of ethical consistency from the organization?

fontaine
10-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Fine, we'll go down this road:

1. In what planet do you feel Vickerson is an essential cog to the success of the Broncos? Some information to consider while you form your reply: Vickerson averages approximately 20 snaps per game (1/3 to 1/4 of the defensive snaps) and even when he is in, frankly not that good, and was a MASSIVE liability and a primary contributor to Denver's only loss of the season.

2. Wouldn't you agree that if Sly Williams were playing well Vickerson would be unemployed right now? Why would you not want that level of ethical consistency from the organization?

Yes, it clearly looked like Vickerson was trying to twist/hurt Satele's knee, but we don't know what happened before it that may have led to Vickerson doing what he did.

Did he make a stupid decision in the trenches? Yes.

Should the team unequivocally cut him without finding out what exactly happened if Satele had tried something before? Hell no.

Leave this one to the Ginger Hammer, he's got wood for this type of thing and I would expect Vickerson to be treated the same way as any other guy who's screwed up on the field.

TheReverend
10-23-2013, 01:01 PM
Yes, it clearly looked like Vickerson was trying to twist/hurt Satele's knee, but we don't know what happened before it that may have led to Vickerson doing what he did.

Did he make a stupid decision in the trenches? Yes.

Should the team unequivocally cut him without finding out what exactly happened if Satele had tried something before? Hell no.

Leave this one to the Ginger Hammer, he's got wood for this type of thing and I would expect Vickerson to be treated the same way as any other guy who's screwed up on the field.

In bold is the part that matters. You can easily replace his production and contribution on the waiver wire without condoning dirty/unethical behavior and risking further incredibly stupid **** that can cost the outcome of future football games.

fontaine
10-23-2013, 01:07 PM
In bold is the part that matters. You can easily replace his production and contribution on the waiver wire without condoning dirty/unethical behavior and risking further incredibly stupid **** that can cost the outcome of future football games.

Nah, teams don't view it that way. Team rules (contracts) usually state "conduct detrimental to the team/organisation" and not the opposition.

Ha!

Otherwise you would have to cut your secondary every time they go for a helmet to helmet hit on a defenseless WR.

TheReverend
10-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Nah, teams don't view it that way. Team rules (contracts) usually state "conduct detrimental to the team/organisation" and not the opposition.

Ha!

Otherwise you would have to cut your secondary every time they go for a helmet to helmet hit on a defenseless WR.

Behavior like that is and WAS absolutely detrimental to the team...

Two part question: When was the last time you saw someone in Orange and Blue behave like that and what is it about Vickerson's play that you're willing to compromise some morality to keep him in the lineup?

ludo21
10-23-2013, 01:20 PM

Two part question: When was the last time you saw someone in Orange and Blue behave like that and what is it about Vickerson's play that you're willing to compromise some morality to keep him in the lineup?

other than this incident when has he proved to be dirty?

fontaine
10-23-2013, 01:22 PM

1. When one of the OL (was it Nails)? took out a DT's knees on a play when it was clear Plummer was going to spike the ball. There was a huge fight on the field, the DT from the Chargers was still pissed off next year. I think the guy ended going on IR with a busted knee and wasn't the same player again.

2. I'm not compromising my morality - just yours! :)
But seriously, Vickerson doesn't have a previous history of being a dirty player. He gets a 2nd chance in my book. Obviously if he does it again, then that's a different matter.

TheReverend
10-23-2013, 01:50 PM
1. When one of the OL (was it Nails)? took out a DT's knees on a play when it was clear Plummer was going to spike the ball. There was a huge fight on the field, the DT from the Chargers was still pissed off next year. I think the guy ended going on IR with a busted knee and wasn't the same player again.

2. I'm not compromising my morality - just yours! :)
But seriously, Vickerson doesn't have a previous history of being a dirty player. He gets a 2nd chance in my book. Obviously if he does it again, then that's a different matter.

I didn't think that was second chance material at all. Guess there's the difference.

fontaine
10-23-2013, 02:44 PM
I didn't think that was second chance material at all. Guess there's the difference.

Fair enough.

Be interesting to see if the ginger hammer calls it out. It wasn't against a high profile player (QB), so I'm guessing no.

DENVERDUI55
10-23-2013, 03:39 PM
George Foster and jamaal williams.

ZONA
10-23-2013, 04:58 PM
All I can say Rev is that Vickerson is playing well, even if it's for 1/3 of the plays. There are no real stats to measure a DT beasting against the OL taking up 2 linemen and allowing LB's to run free. Vince Wilfork never had beast stats but you could tell he was an important part of the success for the Pats defense. I'm in no way saying Vickerson is as good as Wilfork, but he's playing really solid none the less. And as somebody else pointed out, who knows what happened. Maybe that OLmen did something to him and he was retaliating. I don't know. If Sly was playing great, maybe he would't be starting. But the team did think he was playing good enough and is important enough to have signed him again. That's says something about they guy. I don't think the Broncos have any problems with dirty players. Nobody on our team has a "reputation" as being dirty. I think this was a one time thing and again, who knows if he was provoked or not. And thanks for coming down this road. It was fun no?

DHallblows
10-23-2013, 05:01 PM
Definitely could have used Chris there to tone down the Shanny nob polishing I knew would happen the moment I heard TJ introduce only Rev and SoCal, but whatcha gonna do…

Good analysis as usual, thanks guys!

broncosteven
10-25-2013, 09:41 PM
I think we needed Champ on ST's because we lost a gunner like Willis last year. Not that Willis was a great offensive WR but he was great on ST's. Sounds like they wanted Champs ability to run and make tackles to limit returns.

Mike Anderson was lost for the year in the 4th quarter of a PS game but star players contribute on ST's.

broncosteven
10-25-2013, 09:48 PM
I agree Duke and Safety coverage has been crap.

I hope that Champ can get close to 100% for kFc game even if it is only a rotation.