PDA

View Full Version : You Get NOTHING

frerottenextelway
10-16-2013, 08:06 AM
After shutting down the government, costing many working people their jobs, and pushing the country to the brink of a catastrophic default, the GOP has caved. And gets NOTHING. Well except for a historic stench on their reputations. Can we now ignore the tea-brained Right and let the adults in the room do the talking.

Is Obamacare defunded yet?

frerottenextelway
10-16-2013, 08:09 AM
MATT DRUDGE ✔ @DRUDGE
Speaker Pelosi Part 2: Opening Jan 5. 2015
10:17 AM - 16 Oct 2013
76 RETWEETS 24 FAVORITES

Thank You Ted Cruz, Thank You!

B-Large
10-16-2013, 08:45 AM
We will get to do this again in December..... Great

frerottenextelway
10-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Surely they have learned they were oh so wrong by now, right?

ant1999e
10-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Status quo. Keep raising the debt ceiling, refuse to pass a budget, refuse to compromise, continue failing the American people.

frerottenextelway
10-16-2013, 09:36 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=33041&stc=1&d=1381941230

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/my-offer-is-this-nothing

"Many Republicans knew this was going to be a disaster going in. But just as many totally misread Obama. Just days before the shutdown numerous high profile Republicans insisted there was no way Obama wouldn't negotiate. But probably the key driver of this drama has been President Obama's refusal to negotiate over raising the debt ceiling.

Yes, there's been some back and forth here at the end, but as begging like this suggests, it's mainly been to sort of out terms of surrender. But that refusal has defined the entire standoff."

Requiem
10-16-2013, 09:39 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qLdBrx-ijwQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBeavis
10-16-2013, 09:59 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=33041&stc=1&d=1381941230

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/my-offer-is-this-nothing

"Many Republicans knew this was going to be a disaster going in. But just as many totally misread Obama. Just days before the shutdown numerous high profile Republicans insisted there was no way Obama wouldn't negotiate. But probably the key driver of this drama has been President Obama's refusal to negotiate over raising the debt ceiling.

Yes, there's been some back and forth here at the end, but as begging like this suggests, it's mainly been to sort of out terms of surrender. But that refusal has defined the entire standoff."

The Obamacare implosion is just giving them another exit. They don't have to push for delay. Because it's now obvious that delay is inevitable.

Thanks to the well-oiled execution of your federal government, there's absolutely no way Obamacare can come anywhere near their enrollment goals. Which means new enrollees aren't going to help pay for all those preexisting sick they were supposed to chip in for. Which leads us to near-term panic and rate spikes.

And there's only one group who can now sit back and say "Hey, we did everything we could. But these guys were willing to shut down and default over it"

Meck77
10-16-2013, 09:59 AM
The can is kicked down the road. Gives everyone a bit more time to prepare though. Would utilize it if you haven't for yourself/family.

Requiem
10-16-2013, 10:01 AM
All they ever do is kick the can down the road. That has been the norm for well over a decade.

frerottenextelway
10-16-2013, 10:40 AM
Asked how Boehner gets out of this mess, a GOP lawmaker close to Boehner responded, “With a clear, consistent history of what actually happened. … to remind everybody we had a grand strategy until Cruz played the stupid card.”

Ouch.

Meck77
10-16-2013, 10:40 AM
74 times since 1962 is what I find. The good thing is the battle gets harder and harder to fight.

Not even a massive recession was enough for America to really tightens it's belt. I was just out in California for a week and oh man it's as if the good times are back! lol

$800,000 1 or 2 bedroom condos....you got to be ****ting me.

Well people can blame or give props the government all they want. At the end of the day we as individuals I feel are still in control of our destiny.

Our government and society is so focused on the here and now with little vision for the future. Debt ceiling issue? What issue? We have a couple months to figure it out! lol

At some point the can will get crushed and my gut says it will involve a new currency/massive devaluation.

The Lone Bolt
10-16-2013, 11:10 AM
The Obamacare implosion is just giving them another exit. They don't have to push for delay. Because it's now obvious that delay is inevitable.

Thanks to the well-oiled execution of your federal government, there's absolutely no way Obamacare can come anywhere near their enrollment goals. Which means new enrollees aren't going to help pay for all those preexisting sick they were supposed to chip in for. Which leads us to near-term panic and rate spikes.

And there's only one group who can now sit back and say "Hey, we did everything we could. But these guys were willing to shut down and default over it"

Consumers have until March 31st to enroll. Be sure to come back then and admit you were wrong. :welcome:

I'd also like to point out that the federal website is only there to cover states that refused to set up their own exchanges. States that didn't refuse have their own websites that are performing just fine thank you very much.

http://www.govtech.com/federal/State-Run-Health-Insurance-Exchanges-Showing-Early-Success.html

So if all states had set up insurance exchanges as planned there would likely be few online enrollment problems.

Arkie
10-16-2013, 11:10 AM
http://www.cartoonmovement.com/depot/cartoons/2012/11/NGKW2OcuQnWLqAnwo23NDA.jpeg

BroncoBeavis
10-16-2013, 12:22 PM
So if all states had set up insurance exchanges as planned there would likely be few online enrollment problems.

Lolz

"Really, States, it's all your fault that you expected us to be able to actually do what we promised in that law we shoved down your throats. You should've just ignored us and done it yourself. Oh, and you're welcome.

Love, The Federal Government"

LOL

houghtam
10-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Lolz

"Really, States, it's all your fault that you expected us to be able to actually do what we promised in that law we shoved down your throats. You should've just ignored us and done it yourself. Oh, and you're welcome.

Love, The Federal Government"

LOL

PIKEW!

BroncoBeavis
10-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Meanwhile, back in the land of the sane:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-14/obamacare-needs-a-drop-dead-date.html

If the exchanges don’t get fixed soon, they could destroy Obamacare -- and possibly, the rest of the private insurance market. The reason that the exchanges were so important was that they were needed to attract young, healthy people into the insurance system. The worry was that if insurance is hard to buy -- if you have to do your own comparison shopping and then call the insurance company, and fax in some paperwork and two years of tax returns -- that the young and the healthy simply won’t do it. Sick people and old people who were getting huge subsidies -- and maybe the ability to buy insurance on the private market for the first time in a long while -- would overcome any obstacles, because if you’re spending $15,000 a year on health care, it’s worth a lot of your time to make sure that you have insurance. But if your biggest annual health-care expense is contact lens solution, you may just decide to skip it and pay the fine.

The administration estimates that it needs 2.7 million young healthy people on the exchange, out of the 7 million total expected to apply in the first year. If the pool is too skewed -- if it’s mostly old and sick people on the exchanges -- then insurers will lose money, and next year, they’ll sharply increase premiums. The healthiest people will drop out, because insurance is no longer such a good deal for them. Rinse and repeat and you have effectively destroyed the market for individual insurance policies. It’s called the “death spiral,” and the exchanges, like the mandate, were designed to keep it from happening.

There's that Death Spiral thing again. Worry? Nah. What we really need is for these federal clowns to be the only single-payer source of health care coverage directly. What could go wrong? LOL

Meck77
10-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Not only is the can being kicked, QE continues to rage on, asset bubbles build and so on and so on.........More than likely we will just roll on until the next election and something "unexpected" like a 9-11 or worse will be there to great the new president. Meanwhile the poor got their health insurance, the millionaires make their way to becoming billionaires, the billionaires become trillionaires, the average joes get their 401ks sucked down the toilet because they can't see the trend coming even though it's like a freight train rumbling straight at them.

Obama is truly the best Wall Street president they could wish for.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/10/16/what-a-temporary-debt-limit-deal-and-the-bear-stearns-collapse-have-in-common/

B-Large
10-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Consumers have until March 31st to enroll. Be sure to come back then and admit you were wrong. :welcome:

I'd also like to point out that the federal website is only there to cover states that refused to set up their own exchanges. States that didn't refuse have their own websites that are performing just fine thank you very much.

http://www.govtech.com/federal/State-Run-Health-Insurance-Exchanges-Showing-Early-Success.html

My hope is that in worst case scenario, States such as Colorado will keep the health exchanges and the reforms even if Nationally it becomes a mess... I'd like to see us adopt a Massachusetts model... better care, everybody being covered, it would be a real boon to Colorado compared to States who shaft their own people time and again.

If States like Alabama, LA, Texas among others want to screw their people, so be it, let them. I am not going to live somewhere like that anyway, and if I want to go to any of those places I can rent a place... I atually like htis being State based beter anyway.

Rigs11
10-16-2013, 01:19 PM
So this is 43 failed attempt to derail the ACA? bravo rightards:rofl:Fear not though omane sheep, Boner said he will continue to fight obamacare:thumbs:

elsid13
10-16-2013, 02:08 PM
My hope is that in worst case scenario, States such as Colorado will keep the health exchanges and the reforms even if Nationally it becomes a mess... I'd like to see us adopt a Massachusetts model... better care, everybody being covered, it would be a real boon to Colorado compared to States who shaft their own people time and again.

If States like Alabama, LA, Texas among others want to screw their people, so be it, let them. I am not going to live somewhere like that anyway, and if I want to go to any of those places I can rent a place... I atually like htis being State based beter anyway.

From what I read the state that you want to model Colorado off of is Kentucky. They done an outstanding job of creating their exchange and bridging the Medicare/Medicad gap.

The Lone Bolt
10-16-2013, 02:12 PM
Meanwhile, back in the land of the sane:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-14/obamacare-needs-a-drop-dead-date.html

There's that Death Spiral thing again. Worry? Nah. What we really need is for these federal clowns to be the only single-payer source of health care coverage directly. What could go wrong? LOL

"The land of the sane?" Is that what you call it? Umm... okaaaaayyy....Uhh

But once again, be sure to come back in April of next year to admit you were wrong about the "death spiral." Looking forward to it. ;D

BroncoBeavis
10-16-2013, 02:30 PM
"The land of the sane?" Is that what you call it? Umm... okaaaaayyy....Uhh

But once again, be sure to come back in April of next year to admit you were wrong about the "death spiral.: Looking forward to it. ;D

So your best hope is that all the people who were dumped onto the exchanges as of Jan 1 might be able to sign up by April? Good luck with that message. LOL

Besides, the biggest problem is with Obamacare hitting its numbers. If it falls significantly short, rates under the "affordable care act" go way up next year. That is if the rate shock this year isn't enough to bring about the same effect right away...

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-10-13/business/ct-biz-1013-obamacare-deductibles-20131013_1_health-care-overhaul-health-insurance-health-coverage

It's been major sticker shock for most of my clients and prospects," said Rich Fahn, president of the Northbrook-based insurance broker Excell Benefit Group. "I'm telling (clients) that everything they know historically about health plans has changed. They either have to pay more out-of-pocket or more premiums or both. It's an overwhelming concern."

Plans with the least expensive monthly premiums — highlighted by state and federal officials as proof the new law will keep costs low for consumers — have deductibles as high as $6,350 for individuals and $12,700 for families, the highest levels allowed under the law.

The more it sinks in with people what a fiasco it is, the much less likely the White House is going to see anything like the numbers it needs.

The Lone Bolt
10-16-2013, 02:35 PM
So your best hope is that all the people who were dumped onto the exchanges as of Jan 1 might be able to sign up by April? Good luck with that message. LOL

Besides, the biggest problem is with Obamacare hitting its numbers. If it falls significantly short, rates under the "affordable care act" go way up next year. That is if the rate shock this year isn't enough to bring about the same effect right away...

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-10-13/business/ct-biz-1013-obamacare-deductibles-20131013_1_health-care-overhaul-health-insurance-health-coverage

The more it sinks in with people what a fiasco it is, the much less likely the White House is going to see anything like the numbers it needs.

Uh huh. Making stuff up here (speculation). And conservative editorials with cherry-picked anecdotes prove nothing.

You know crow tastes better with ketchup. I'd stock up if I were you.

BroncoBeavis
10-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Uh huh. Making stuff up here (speculation). And conservative editorials with cherry-picked anecdotes prove nothing.

You know crow tastes better with ketchup. I'd stock up if I were you.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-10-15/opinion/ct-obamacare-edit-1016-20131016_1_obamacare-health-insurance-insurance-premiums

Who knew the Chicago Tribune went Conservative? LOL

Learn something every day.

Requiem
10-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Almost every employer or company that offers anything (services) in regards to HRA's, FSA's, HSA's, etc. are going through a complete revamp right now with their online enrollment, as well as software and user experience due to what is going on with the ACA. So it isn't surprising that this is going on with enrollment for individuals in this regard.

Rohirrim
10-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Status quo. Keep raising the debt ceiling, refuse to pass a budget, refuse to compromise, continue failing the American people.

The time to pay down the debt was when Clinton left office and Bush came in with a huge surplus. Instead, he went on a spending spree. Too bad the Republicans didn't put a halt to it. First president to go through a first term without a single veto.

Requiem
10-16-2013, 04:26 PM
The time to pay down the debt was when Clinton left office and Bush came in with a huge surplus. Instead, he went on a spending spree. Too bad the Republicans didn't put a halt to it. First president to go through a first term without a single veto.

Put your brain to use and invent time travel so we can go back and fix this mess and have some sort of ricochet effect now in the future. Muster the Rohirrim, we ride for Washington, D.C.!

Jetmeck
10-16-2013, 04:42 PM

Compromise and try to understand you need revenue as well.......

Give a little....get a little

Jetmeck
10-16-2013, 04:45 PM

Its new and there are months to enroll. Why is this so hard to understand..........I understand you hate the guy....get over it.

WIN AN ELECTION, THEN YOU GET YOUR WAY................

Rohirrim
10-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Put your brain to use and invent time travel so we can go back and fix this mess and have some sort of ricochet effect now in the future. Muster the Rohirrim, we ride for Washington, D.C.!

I'm just saying, when the treasury is flush, that's the time to pay down the debt. When the economy has tanked, austerity just makes it tank more. Keynes 101. I for one would love to see us pull back from fighting every fight on the planet. Cut our bloated military budget by huge amounts. Close overseas bases. Even that, I wouldn't do while the economy is in the hole.

I disagree with the first cuts being to programs like Medicare and SS. People receiving those benefits are getting subsistence support. Some, not even that. Think of the billions going into corporate subsidies, especially in the military industrial complex? That's where to start.

houghtam
10-16-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm just saying, when the treasury is flush, that's the time to pay down the debt. When the economy has tanked, austerity just makes it tank more. Keynes 101. I for one would love to see us pull back from fighting every fight on the planet. Cut our bloated military budget by huge amounts. Close overseas bases. Even that, I wouldn't do while the economy is in the hole.

I disagree with the first cuts being to programs like Medicare and SS. People receiving those benefits are getting subsistence support. Some, not even that. Think of the billions going into corporate subsidies, especially in the military industrial complex? That's where to start.

You must hate the military, Roh.

Jetmeck
10-16-2013, 04:54 PM
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-10-15/opinion/ct-obamacare-edit-1016-20131016_1_obamacare-health-insurance-insurance-premiums

Who knew the Chicago Tribune went Conservative? LOL

Learn something every day.

aS I HAVE Said MOST OF YOUR CONSERVATIVES MAKE ME SICK.

Making stuff up, repeating BS until you believe it.

Facts matter and the fact that the website has had issues doen't mean a thing about the long term effects of OBAMACARE.

My wife got her mammagram for free and I will get a colon exam

for free this year. WELLNESS exams.........

My kids got 200 off their monthly premiums without any subsidies.

Same insurance policy, same insurance company, only diff is

10/1/13.................OBAMACARE

kIDS ON PEOPLES POLICIES UNTIL 26............

kIDS NOT CUT OFF BEACUSE OF LIFE TIME LIMITS...........

nO DENIAL OF INSURANCE BECAUSE OF PREEXISTING CONDITION..........

Sick to death of you people................

Rohirrim
10-16-2013, 04:55 PM
You must hate the military, Roh.

I spent three years in the US Army Infantry. I think our military is waaaay too bloated. Our mission should be to defend the U.S., not the entire world.

Jetmeck
10-16-2013, 04:57 PM

Cut defense spending and take oil company subsidies first and for most ...............

Then you don't take from those with the least.........

A billionaire gets all his mortgage interest written off his taxes....really ??

Think maybe capping at at least a million dollar home makes sense ?

Lot of this crap needs to be taken out of the tax code before

old peopl are touched..................

Rigs11
10-16-2013, 05:48 PM
The ACA is not perfect...but it's a step. Instead of working with the dems to fix it all the rightards can do is bellyache. The only reason that party has not disappeared is because they brainwash people into thinking that god is on their side.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Referenced on MSNBC today as applicable to the GOP and the TeaTards:

Dissolution of the Long Parliament by Oliver Cromwell given to the House of Commons, 20 April 1653

It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!

Pony Boy
10-16-2013, 07:56 PM
You Get NOTHING

Wrong........we got a dam in Kentucky

McConnell-Reid Deal Includes $3 Billion Earmark for Kentucky Project

A proposal to end the government shutdown and avoid default orchestrated by Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and Democratic Leader Harry Reid includes a nearly $3 billion earmark for a Kentucky project.
Language in a draft of the McConnell-Reid deal (see page 13, section 123) provided to WFPL News shows a provision that increases funding for the massive Olmsted Dam Lock in Paducah, Ky., from $775 million to nearly $2.9 billion.

http://wfpl.org/post/mcconnell-reid-deal-includes-3-billion-earmark-kentucky-project

houghtam
10-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Memo bis punitor delicatum...Good day sir!

Rohirrim
10-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Wrong........we got a dam in Kentucky

McConnell-Reid Deal Includes $3 Billion Earmark for Kentucky Project

A proposal to end the government shutdown and avoid default orchestrated by Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and Democratic Leader Harry Reid includes a nearly $3 billion earmark for a Kentucky project.
Language in a draft of the McConnell-Reid deal (see page 13, section 123) provided to WFPL News shows a provision that increases funding for the massive Olmsted Dam Lock in Paducah, Ky., from $775 million to nearly $2.9 billion.

http://wfpl.org/post/mcconnell-reid-deal-includes-3-billion-earmark-kentucky-project

Leave it to Mitch to work a little old timey politics into the deal. Bringin home the bacon. ;D

frerottenextelway
10-17-2013, 07:42 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1397332_10151793187262911_1983647338_o.jpg

Pony Boy
10-17-2013, 07:46 AM
Leave it to Mitch to work a little old timey politics into the deal. Bringin home the bacon. ;D

Yes, so much for the “we will not be held hostage and only pass a clean bill”, what a bunch of crooks on both sides of the isle.

I did like what Tom Coburn said when he voted against the bill. “Washington doesn’t need short-term budget and debt limit extensions as much as we need a long-term spending addiction recovery plan. The American people should do what any responsible parent would do if their adolescent child couldn’t handle the responsibility of a credit card. We should cut up the credit card and live within our means.

Rigs11
10-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Thanks teabaggers!You truly are patriots.

Budget battle's bite out of the economy will be in the billions

the goal of the government shutdown was to help taxpayers by curbing government spending and boosting the economy, supporters of the idea got it all wrong. As the dust settles, economists are adding up the collateral damage. The results aren’t pretty:

The loss of government services during the three-week shutdown will take a roughly $3.1 billion bite out of gross domestic product, according to economists at IHS Global Insight. That represents just the hit from lost government services.
The shutdown also forced non-government business losses, temporary layoffs and other interruptions in business spending. The full extent of the damage won’t be known for some time. Economists at Standard & Poor’s estimate the total cost at about $24 billion, or a 0.6 percent GDP haircut. Others guess it's about half that. Either way, it's a heavy price to pay.

Then there's the loss in U.S. economic prestige, which is also hard to gauge, but keeps getting whittled away every time Washington goes into gridlock over spending.

“The exact impact on the rest of the economy will be hard to measure until delayed economic data are released,” according to the research note by IHS economists Doug Handler and Paul Edelstein.

But they estimate the economy will grow at just a 1.6 percent annual rate in the last three months of the year – less than the 2.2 percent they had expected if the government had stayed open.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/budget-battles-bite-out-economy-will-be-billions-8C11409508#

Rigs11
10-17-2013, 08:24 AM
****ing idiots!

TonyR
10-17-2013, 09:04 AM
I cannot believe I’m saying this, but I hope the House flips to the Democrats in 2014, so we can be rid of these nuts. Let Ted Cruz sit in the Senate stewing in his precious bodily fluids, and let Washington get back to the business of governing. http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/strangelove-republicans/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=strangelove-republicans

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Let's not say we got Nothing out of this.

We got an answer on who this government really serves. The answer being "itself"

Rohirrim
10-17-2013, 02:09 PM
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/strangelove-republicans/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=strangelove-republicans

The Republican Party has driven the country to the brink, and this morning, House Republicans bolstered their ranks by … standing together and singing Amazing Grace. It’s Strangelovian. Maybe there won’t be a long-term fallout from this, but I tell you, it’s very hard to see entrusting power to a party that behaves this way, that manufactures crises like this for its own short-term political gain. The Republicans, having lost their mind, have destroyed their brand.

Amazing Grace. They cause this looming disaster — which, make no mistake, would be a global disaster — and then stand there singing a freaking hymn amid the ruins of their party, and the potential crash of our economy! Raving loonies, the lot. Josh Barro is right:

Can you imagine the situation this country would be in if Republicans controlled both houses of Congress right now? Or if we had a President whose administration gets jerked around by Heritage Action in the same way that House Republicans do? It would be a trainwreck, and “reasonable” Republicans like Nunes would still be on television saying they understand it’s a trainwreck, but by golly, operationally, they had no way to stop it.

There is no serious argument for Republican governance right now, even if you prefer conservative policies over liberal ones. These people are just too dangerously incompetent to be trusted with power.

Yikes! And that's from The American Conservative?

Rohirrim
10-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Let's not say we got Nothing out of this.

We got an answer on who this government really serves. The answer being "itself"

Saving the economy only benefited the government?

Jetmeck
Yes, so much for the “we will not be held hostage and only pass a clean bill”, what a bunch of crooks on both sides of the isle.

I did like what Tom Coburn said when he voted against the bill. “Washington doesn’t need short-term budget and debt limit extensions as much as we need a long-term spending addiction recovery plan. The American people should do what any responsible parent would do if their adolescent child couldn’t handle the responsibility of a credit card. We should cut up the credit card and live within our means.

Except you nor the good doctor Coburn know what they are talking about..........

This has to do with paying the bills we already have..........

The current budget numbers are at republican levels............

Arkie
I did like what Tom Coburn said when he voted against the bill. “Washington doesn’t need short-term budget and debt limit extensions as much as we need a long-term spending addiction recovery plan.

That's what I hoped they would do during the last debt limit crisis.

Rohirrim
10-17-2013, 02:17 PM
I keep trying to remember how the Right was so deeply concerned about the debt when Bush was flushing the Clinton surplus down the toilet on unfunded wars and the like, but it just isn't coming to me. Help me out here.

Jetmeck
10-17-2013, 02:20 PM
I keep trying to remember how the Right was so deeply concerned about the debt when Bush was flushing the Clinton surplus down the toilet on unfunded wars and the like, but it just isn't coming to me. Help me out here.

No worries they will just get the poor and middle class to pay for it all.............all the while asking for tax cuts for the rich AGAIN !

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2013, 02:27 PM

Which Clinton budget was it that produced that surplus? Oh, that's right. It was a Republican budget. One Clinton resisted all the way to Shutdown cuz he wanted to spend more. LOL

More proof that you'll always rah-rah the nearest (D) available, no matter what.

Jetmeck
10-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Which Clinton budget was it that produced that surplus? Oh, that's right. It was a Republican budget. One Clinton resisted all the way to Shutdown cuz he wanted to spend more. LOL

More proof that you'll always rah-rah the nearest (D) available, no matter what.

Better look it up fanboy, they COMPROMISED...........OMG

I bet your head exploded.........................haha

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Better look it up fanboy, they COMPROMISED...........OMG

I bet your head exploded.........................haha

True that. He was definitely more flexible than Obama. Oh wait, what was your point?

Arkie
10-17-2013, 02:41 PM

I understand. Clinton and the Republicans kept the debt "down to" $6 trillion for a long time. Keep in mind that a Republican congress has only raised the debt ceiling three times. It's harder to do when they have control. I was upset with the debt increases under Bush. I'm furious in hindsight. Each additional step gets a little more ridiculous. It's only natural that my concerns deepen as the debt approaches $17 trillion with no plan.

Rohirrim
10-17-2013, 03:39 PM
I understand. Clinton and the Republicans kept the debt "down to" $6 trillion for a long time. Keep in mind that a Republican congress has only raised the debt ceiling three times. It's harder to do when they have control. I was upset with the debt increases under Bush. I'm furious in hindsight. Each additional step gets a little more ridiculous. It's only natural that my concerns deepen as the debt approaches $17 trillion with no plan.

This is another reason to overturn Citizens United and pass major campaign finance reform. Every piece of the budget has its own lobbying group. If one legislator won't play along, they'll simply toss him out and get a new one. The military budget is spread out all over the country, so nobody is going to mess with that. SS and Medicare is backed by AARP, so good luck with that. Besides, what are you going to do, throw old people out in the streets while the rich continue to bask in unprecedented wealth? This is what happens when you cut taxes and raise spending. The "magical" supply side dividends didn't show up, but the rich sure got a whole lot richer. Oh, and BTW, can't raise their taxes either. That's also off the table.

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2013, 03:41 PM
This is another reason to overturn Citizens United and pass major campaign finance reform. Every piece of the budget has its own lobbying group. If one legislator won't play along, they'll simply toss him out and get a new one. The military budget is spread out all over the country, so nobody is going to mess with that. SS and Medicare is backed by AARP, so good luck with that. Besides, what are you going to do, throw old people out in the streets while the rich continue to bask in unprecedented wealth? This is what happens when you cut taxes and raise spending. The "magical" supply side dividends didn't show up, but the rich sure got a whole lot richer. Oh, and BTW, can't raise their taxes either. That's also off the table.

Another good reason not to have all-or-nothing budgets and budget fights. Even worse is continual funding by CR. Nothing gets really looked at, ever.

Rohirrim
10-17-2013, 03:43 PM
This is why the Right always goes after the poor. They don't have a lobby.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
10-17-2013, 06:31 PM
https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1379870_10153344365880494_464737397_n.png

houghtam
10-17-2013, 07:42 PM
https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1379870_10153344365880494_464737397_n.png

Post #3 onward are priceless given what ultimatemonkeyw/keyboard has turned into. :)

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3337612&highlight=Labf#post3337612

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Post #3 onward are priceless given what ultimatemonkeyw/keyboard has turned into. :)

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3337612&highlight=Labf#post3337612

It's amusing to watch this chimp continue to defend a brand that has been tarnished beyond repair.