PDA

View Full Version : Leukemia patient loses his insurance coverage because of Obamacare regulations

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
10-06-2013, 08:28 AM
http://poorrichardsnews.com/post/63089528235/video-leukemia-patient-loses-his-insurance-coverage

<iframe title="MRC TV video player" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/123194" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ďIíve worked hard because Iíve had to, and Iíve had to, because cancer runs in my family,Ē says Cerpok, who picked his current health insurance based on that family history. His monthly premium is just about half of his monthly take-home pay.

Back in 2006, he found out he had an incurable form of leukemia that requires ongoing treatment until he dies.

In 2012, his treatment bill was more than $350,000. But because of his insurance, his out-of-pocket was only $4,500.

Thatís about to change because Michael just got a letter from his insurance carrier saying as of January 1, he would be dropped from coverage because of new regulations under Obamacare. His doctor at the Mayo Clinic may be gone as well.

"Now it doesnít mean I canít go see my current doctor, but my $4,500 out-of-pocket, is going to turn into a minimum of $26,000 out-of-pocket to see the doctor that Iíve been seeing the last seven years," he said.

The Lone Bolt
10-06-2013, 11:48 AM
OK I saw the video.

His insurance company claims he is being dropped due to PPACA regs. What regulations are they referring to? Could they just be using Obamacare as an excuse?

And has this guy tried to get new coverage through his state's insurance exchange? The report doesn't say.

W*GS
10-06-2013, 12:19 PM
OK I saw the video.

His insurance company claims he is being dropped due to PPACA regs. What regulations are they referring to? Could they just be using Obamacare as an excuse?

And has this guy tried to get new coverage through his state's insurance exchange? The report doesn't say.

You mean to tell me that a lot of the context of the story is missing and that the claims of the insurance company are suspect? Perish the thought!

houghtam
10-06-2013, 12:34 PM
OK I saw the video.

I have been saying this about the claims of employers cutting jobs and hours due to the ACA for months. Of course companies (including insurance) would say this. It shifts responsibility off them! Unless we see their P&L, we'll never know, and those already looking for reasons to blame the ACA will lap it up like good little drones.

barryr
10-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Rates will and are going up, but the Obama supporters will find every excuse. Why do they think insurance companies like Obamacare? So they can charge less money? I mean, idiots.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
10-06-2013, 09:34 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6HABaAPKROk?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBeavis
10-06-2013, 10:43 PM
I have been saying this about the claims of employers cutting jobs and hours due to the ACA for months. Of course companies (including insurance) would say this. It shifts responsibility off them! Unless we see their P&L, we'll never know, and those already looking for reasons to blame the ACA will lap it up like good little drones.

Let's see. Employers claim to be cutting hours and BLS is seeing an unprecedented spike in part time vs full time hiring, and you're still just sure they're full of **** because hope n' change. LOL

houghtam
10-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Let's see. Employers claim to be cutting hours and BLS is seeing an unprecedented spike in part time vs full time hiring, and you're still just sure they're full of **** because hope n' change. LOL

See my previous statement.

I've worked in management a loooong time.

Before I traded it all in, this would have been a manager's wet dream.

"Why were my hours cut?"

"Because of Obamacare."

End of story. Doesn't matter whether it is true or not.

So are you a chow chow? Or a ****zu? :)

BroncoBeavis
10-07-2013, 08:11 AM
See my previous statement.

I've worked in management a loooong time.

Before I traded it all in, this would have been a manager's wet dream.

"Why were my hours cut?"

"Because of Obamacare."

End of story. Doesn't matter whether it is true or not.

So are you a chow chow? Or a ****zu? :)

But it can't just be an excuse. Because the data lines up with a massive migration towards part-time labor. So it might be an excuse in some cases. But it's a definite reality in many others.

Not sure why you think the prospect of paying federally mandated insurance vs paying absolutely nothing wouldn't leave many employers looking at cutting a few requisite hours.

Rigs11
10-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Bobo is a lemming

Mr.Meanie
10-07-2013, 09:05 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6HABaAPKROk?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Even if they enrolled today the coverage doesn't kick in until January 1st, right?

nyuk nyuk
10-07-2013, 03:30 PM
You mean to tell me that a lot of the context of the story is missing and that the claims of the insurance company are suspect? Perish the thought!

Yes it has to be a capitalist pig plot because Obamacare is perfect and ****.

W*GS
10-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Yes it has to be a capitalist pig plot because Obamacare is perfect and ****.

What's your dogma's plan for sick people who are poor? They should just die. Preferably in a Heftyģ bag so cleaning up their corpses is quick and tidy.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
10-07-2013, 09:16 PM
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/559882_620184158034189_659519869_n.jpg