PDA

View Full Version : Nunes- GOP 'lemming caucus' has set us on fire & sent us to the Valley of Death

Bronco Yoda
10-04-2013, 12:11 PM
(8:00 min mark) "Now that we've set ourselves on fire and made the jump, We are now in the valley of Death. We decided to go into the valley NOW we have to stay together (or burn up together)." Hilarious!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/03/politics/government-shutdown/

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YIuj4k8Nifc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rohirrim
10-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Pretty clearly shaping up to be Cruz as the GOP candidate in 2016. As Claudius said, "Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out." ;D

Bronco Yoda
10-04-2013, 12:23 PM
The Koch bros. are vetting their candidate. How far will he really jump.

Rohirrim
10-04-2013, 12:31 PM
The Koch bros. are vetting their candidate. How far will he really jump.

Speaking of "poisons in the mud." ;)

Rohirrim
10-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Too bad a guy like Nunes isn't in charge of the House. He seems to be in touch with reality.

Taco John
10-04-2013, 01:06 PM
That video is actually hilarious. He calls them lemmings and then says he's supporting it and will continue to support it. What sense does that make?

Rohirrim
10-04-2013, 01:10 PM
That video is actually hilarious. He calls them lemmings and then says he's supporting it and will continue to support it. What sense does that make?

Like he said, he's supporting the party leadership whether he agrees personally or not. He's being the good soldier. Like Clinton once said, "Democrats fall in love. Republicans fall in line."

Taco John
10-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Like he said, he's supporting the party leadership whether he agrees personally or not. He's being the good soldier. Like Clinton once said, "Democrats fall in love. Republicans fall in line."

What's the difference between a lemming and a good soldier in this case?

Bronco Yoda
10-04-2013, 02:13 PM
A lemming calling out other fellow lemmings for being 'really really big fat ugly super lemmings'.

It is a refreshing candid interview. But let's all not forget that the only reason he came forward was that his words where leaked so now he's trying to get in front of it.

They all knew (GOP moderates along with Nunes) this wasn't a smart strategy from the beginning. But they we're all too cowardice to stand up to the tea party bully from the start.

I wonder if this is a tipping point? A bully loses his power once someone in the group steps up and punches back.

Bronco Yoda
10-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Just imagine for one moment if this were a calculated move (or inadvertently turned into one) for the GOP to publicly lay the blame directly at the feet of the the tea party. Thereby saving the face of the GOP brand (for Independents) while still being able to get some concessions for the GOP in some smallish grand bargain. The tea party would have saved face for not backing down (they were ultimately turned on). Obviously the Bully-Primary hammer wouldn't be in affect because it was part of the exit plan.

Something has got to give. An exit strategy will be needed at some point. This would be one way to do it.

Taco John
10-04-2013, 02:51 PM
A lemming calling out other fellow lemmings for being 'really really big fat ugly super lemmings'.

It is a refreshing candid interview. But let's all not forget that the only reason he came forward was that his words where leaked so now he's trying to get in front of it.

They all knew (GOP moderates along with Nunes) this wasn't a smart strategy from the beginning. But they we're all too cowardice to stand up to the tea party bully from the start.

I wonder if this is a tipping point? A bully loses his power once someone in the group steps up and punches back.

I think you're mixing up who the bully and who is punching back here.

peacepipe
10-04-2013, 02:56 PM

you need to get out of your little foxhole more often . JC,you can't see the forest for the trees. I thought you were just pushing a standard talking point but you seem to actually believe the hype.

Bronco Yoda
10-04-2013, 03:41 PM

LOL Now why did I know you'd say something like that :P

'Bully' as in tactic.

barryr
10-05-2013, 07:28 AM
Yes, thankfully the democrats are the party of those who "think" on their own. Sure.

Rohirrim
10-05-2013, 07:30 AM
What's the difference between a lemming and a good soldier in this case?

The good soldier is an adult.