PDA

View Full Version : 1960s Government Subliminal National Anthem Video

alkemical
10-01-2013, 04:51 PM
TL:DR Version:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/Rnkg-yCPryE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/Rnkg-yCPryE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Full version:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/WDsI-zk6gfE?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/WDsI-zk6gfE?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Text of subliminals:

TRUST THE US GOVERNMENT
GOD IS REAL GOD IS WATCHING
BELIEVE IN GOVERNMENT GOD
REBELLION WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
OBEY CONSUME OBEY CONSUME
BUY ULTRA BUY NAOMI (Alkemical Note: MK Ultra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra) / MK Naomi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKNAOMI))
WORSHIP CONSUME OBEY BELIEVE
DO NOT QUESTION GOVERNMENT.

Meck77
10-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Text of subliminals:

TRUST THE US GOVERNMENT
GOD IS REAL GOD IS WATCHING
BELIEVE IN GOVERNMENT GOD
REBELLION WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
OBEY CONSUME OBEY CONSUME
BUY ULTRA BUY NAOMI (Alkemical Note: MK Ultra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra) / MK Naomi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKNAOMI))
WORSHIP CONSUME OBEY BELIEVE
DO NOT QUESTION GOVERNMENT.

Based on what I'm reading from posts just today I'd say the brainwashing has worked.

The Lone Bolt
10-01-2013, 09:13 PM
LOLHilarious!ROFL!

Doesn't even look remotely credible! LOL

You do realize that some of those shots are from the 1988 movie "They Live"? Hilarious!

Edit: OK just noticed the title on the second vid so it's clear this is a joke. I'll bet Gaffney wet his pants when he saw it though. :D

houghtam
10-01-2013, 09:23 PM
:)

Lone Bolt came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum.

And he's all outta bubble gum.

alkemical
10-02-2013, 01:14 AM
LOLHilarious!ROFL!

You do realize that some of those shots are from the 1988 movie "They Live"? Hilarious!

Edit: OK just noticed the title on the second vid so it's clear this is a joke. I'll bet Gaffney wet his pants when he saw it though. :D

I'd be interested if you have information proving this false. I understand that it's not a comfortable topic that this presents. If you aren't able to provide us with information of this being false....I'd unplug your cable. ;)

The Lone Bolt
10-02-2013, 01:23 AM
I'd be interested if you have information proving this false.

You're kidding right? Please tell me you're kidding.

Umm... let's see here... clips from a 1980s film featured in an alleged "1960s Government Subliminal National Anthem Video." You see no logical issues with this. Hmmm...

alkemical
10-02-2013, 01:39 AM
You're kidding right? Please tell me you're kidding.

Umm... let's see here... clips from a 1980s film featured in an alleged "1960s Government Subliminal National Anthem Video." You see no logical issues with this. Hmmm...

It's obvious you didn't watch the content and are basing your conclusion on the still shot for the youtube content. Please try again.

The Lone Bolt
10-02-2013, 02:34 AM
It's obvious you didn't watch the content and are basing your conclusion on the still shot for the youtube content.

Well waddya know. I watched the whole thing and yes it appears they were using "They Live" as an example. Not that I'm convinced that this is legit. The web is full of fake conspiracy theory tripe. Anybody who doesn't question it is naive IMO.

But lets assume for a moment this is the real deal. I have a professional background in psychology and the research that I studied indicates that subliminal messages are ineffective (and that's why they're no longer used).

In the 1950s advertisers -- famously -- flashed the message "Drink Coca-Cola" in movies. It didn't work. Why? Because the "priming effect" only triggers a memory, not an urge -- in this case thoughts about drinking coca-cola. And it you hated coke the message only had the effect of repulsing you by priming you to think about a drink you hated. See how that works?

And I would expect the same effect with any other subliminal messages. Considering all of the rebellion that occurred in the 1960s it's clear that -- if they actually existed -- such "mind control" efforts by the government were a failure.

But if some dope really tried this I'd like to know who was responsible.

alkemical
10-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Well waddya know. I watched the whole thing and yes it appears they were using "They Live" as an example. Not that I'm convinced that this is legit. The web is full of fake conspiracy theory tripe. Anybody who doesn't question it is naive IMO.

But lets assume for a moment this is the real deal. I have a professional background in psychology and the research that I studied indicates that subliminal messages are ineffective (and that's why they're no longer used).

In the 1950s advertisers -- famously -- flashed the message "Drink Coca-Cola" in movies. It didn't work. Why? Because the "priming effect" only triggers a memory, not an urge -- in this case thoughts about drinking coca-cola. And it you hated coke the message only had the effect of repulsing you by priming you to think about a drink you hated. See how that works?

And I would expect the same effect with any other subliminal messages. Considering all of the rebellion that occurred in the 1960s it's clear that -- if they actually existed -- such "mind control" efforts by the government were a failure.

But if some dope really tried this I'd like to know who was responsible.

I'm not going to proclaim i'm an expert, but i'll promise you i look at information longer than a glace. ;)

What we do know, is that the MK Ultra & Naomi projects DID exist (See OP with linked info). There has also been a history of sponsored experiments with unknowing participants. So, while I may not be certain myself how "real" this is, it does fall within the timeframe and scope of the MK projects. Interestingly, many of the documents were destroyed upon Watergate.

As speculation may present itself with regard to the effectiveness of subliminal techniques, was this knowledge known in the 50's and 60's, or was this information learned from such testing? If it was known that a negative response would be garnered, was it an experiment to see what the reaction would be? or would a bunch of people on hallucinogens be easier to subject messaging to with greater effectiveness? Or would it be more effective on alcohol?

Just interesting, and with the pattern of behaviour of testing on civilian population, it's not out of the scope of "reality".

Bronco Yoda
10-02-2013, 09:56 AM
LOLHilarious!ROFL!

Hilarious! Lone Bolt is an idiot! Hilarious!

The Lone Bolt
10-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Hilarious! Lone Bolt is an idiot! Hilarious!

Tsk tsk. I skipped through it assuming it was yet more obvious conspiracy theory nonsense of the kind we've all seen ad nauseum on the web. It may still be conspiracy theory nonsense but not as obvious as I initially assumed. Mea culpa.