PDA

View Full Version : Call out thread- remember when you said this:

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 05:06 AM
I love to go back & read old threads to refresh my memory on what some OM ppl thought of the potential for a Manning signing... Remember when you said this:

Not gonna happen, wouldnt want it to.
I'll bet anyone a year long OM ban that Peyton does not end up in Denver.
There is no way that Manning is going to be signed to a reasonable contract conductive with the enormous risk connected to his neck injury and his age. There is going to be some desperate team that loses out on the RGIII sweepstakes and throws a ton of money at him. Denver's not going to be that team. Bring in an inexpensive veteran QB or two and maybe draft a late round project. Let Tebow go into camp and start in 2012. If he sucks, you draft his replacement in 2013.
38 year-old broke neck QB. Pass.
I don't see Peyton wanting to play for Fox and McCoy. If the Broncos wanted Peyton they should have went after Jim Caldwell for OC.
I don't think Peyton respects John Elway enough to get killed behind our offensive line.
I'm not down with forking over $20 million, killing off most of our FA options and building around an offense that we'd have to abandon in 2 years just for a spot in the playoffs. We already had that.
And I don't see Manning being the answer to overcoming the Patriots, at least not for the Broncos, so I don't like our chances of taking it any further.
Can't believe we have people here who actually believe this is possible.
I'm for it if Tebow hangs around.
Seeing as that won't happen I'm off the train. Bringing in a 36 year old with SERIOUS health issues and dumping your possible future is one of the dumbest things I could think off. What happens when Manning goes down week 1...
This move is a complete failure unless they win the Superbowl.
If Manning were worth a damn the Colts would have kept him. They're committed to rebuilding without him. We should be too.
It is a short term fix that financially straps the club when it comes to addressing the multiple areas of need we have. If we were one player away from being a sb team I would think differently but we're not and Manning is old and brittle. Franklin might just get him killed blocking the way he did last year.
can't believe we have clowns on here that think signing Manning would be a good thing for a team that only recently accepted the fact that they needed to rebuild via the draft to fill positional holes all over the roster and to add much needed depth.
we're not talking about 30 year old Manning in his prime without injury.
we're talking about 36 year old Manning, who wants a ton of money, who missed all of last season, had multiple neck surgeries, and still can't even throw the ball with any velocity.
if we were talking about the 30 year version, i wouldn't say a word. but we're not. we're talking about the 36 year old version that is damaged goods. that's why i'm trying to convince you it's a bad idea. since you can't be convinced, i will stop. if Elway figures out a way to do this, it will come at a very high cost and will not end well. mark my words. i'll pull up this thread in 3 or 4 year's time and rub your nose in it, just like i would a puppy who pooped on the living room carpet. ;)
according to Dave Logan, rumors are that Manning and his agent are looking for a 3-year deal, $45M of GUARANTEED money, with NO injury clause.
does anyone believe for a moment that Bowlen could or would do that deal? seriously? anybody??
Elway really doesn't have much tact or guile, does he? it's been one misstep after another from him since he got the job. maybe Bowlen ought to look up Tommy Maddox and see if he'd be interested in being groomed for a FO job...
;)
That neck is going to be a $20 million gamble for somebody. I rather it not be us.
I laugh at the people thinking Manning is in the bag. You guys know lick about contenders/pretenders. The only way he comes here is if we outbid the rest teams...by a lot. Say what you want about MIA...they maybe one of the most dysfunctional FO in the league...but there team is a QB and a WR away from contending.
Through all the talk...it now looks like WAS is not a strong option as previously thought. SEA and ARI look like another strong option. Depending on the amount of money we throw at him I would say we would be his 4 or 5th option.
Maybe, maybe not.
Either way, John doesn't have the bank to write $20 million checks. I'm not even sure Bowlen does. And to do so with no performance metrics or even a proper workout?
I can only hope our FO isn't that dumb. They do know Peyton just signed a fat new guaranteed-money contract right before bailing on last season... don't they?
Burn me once...
You got it wrong dude.. IF Elway pulls the trigger on manning I will laugh my ass off for years. He will become the Michael Jordan of NFL executives..
Manning won't last a week behind the Broncos line. The run game and defense will disappear without Tebow and you will see this team for what it really is.
Tebow will go to another team with a real coach and will show how great he really use and how horribly under utilized he was in Denver...
True, I would be surprised to see Manning sign with the Broncos unless it was just for the money. They are not a Super Bowl team even if had a healthy Manning of 4 years ago much less now. They would also have to trade Tebow since that move would signal no confidence in him and maybe have to anyway if just trying to pursue Manning.
I'll go ahead and call this one for everybody -- the Broncos don't end up with Manning, and we end concluding in hindsight that this whole thing was botched from a PR standpoint.

Miss I.
10-01-2013, 05:11 AM
Dude, it's not like I didn't want him. I just didn't think it was likely. So I was wrong. Going to guess it wasn't the first time I was wrong and probably won't be the last. ;D

TheReverend
10-01-2013, 05:11 AM
I was CERTAIN he was going to Arizona or Tennessee.

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 05:37 AM
I thought he was & would be coming to Denver, but then the night before we signed him Shannon Sharpe tweeted that he heard the deal was done with Tennessee & I was heartbroken, then he signed w/ the Broncos :sunshine:

GoBroncos DownUnder
10-01-2013, 06:07 AM
Nice work on digging out that many posts!

Miss I's post is pretty harmless, but the ones I LOVE are when people got all uppity thinking Manning was a greedy schmuck, looking for a massive payday!

schaaf
10-01-2013, 06:12 AM
I had a feeling the entire time he was gonna end up in Denver. I thought he would appreciate the more stable organization. But if. Would have laid money down at first it would have been Arizona.

Atwater His Ass
10-01-2013, 06:20 AM
I certainly thought at the time that it was too big a risk to sign Manning and (oh god feels dirty now) I was totally onboard with the Tebow train after that Pitt game. Even after signing Manning, I thought it would be good for Teebs to learn under the Elway/Manning operation. oh well.

Also, it seemed TEN had the inside track towards the end.

Being wrong never felt so good.

Br0nc0Buster
10-01-2013, 06:20 AM
The KO5k and BroncoBeavis guys werent actually Bronco fans, just Tebow cult members who pretended to be

JCMElway
10-01-2013, 06:29 AM
Great thread!

GreatBronco16
10-01-2013, 06:40 AM
Oh the joys of being a fan and nothing more of a team. As if the call outs and I told you so's make you any smarter with the ongoings of the NFL and it's players.

This is about as bad as the "I told you coverage sacks would increase" thread.

Kaylore
10-01-2013, 06:40 AM
I didn't think he'd come here. I thought he'd want to play somewhere indoors or warmer.

GreatBronco16
10-01-2013, 06:43 AM
I didn't think we could land him. Oh the horror of me thinking that. I must not be a true fan. The shame............the shame. :(

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 06:52 AM
Oh the joys of being a fan and nothing more of a team. As if the call outs and I told you so's make you any smarter with the ongoings of the NFL and it's players.

This is about as bad as the "I told you coverage sacks would increase" thread.

well I've posted some dumb stuff myself... like not wanting to draft Von Miller... (well maybe that wasn't so dumb now considering his status in the drug program)

btw who is this Gort dude? and did Dedhed get his 1 year ban?

go_broncos
10-01-2013, 06:55 AM
Last year..playoff loss is one of the horrible loses in broncos history.
so..what's the point of bumping this thread now.
As far as i am concerned, i will remember the playoff loss whenever i remember manning.

I just hope the team plays well and win SB 48 for the fans.
At that time..it's reasonable to bump these type of threads.
Until that time, it looks silly.

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 07:06 AM
Last year..playoff loss is one of the horrible loses in broncos history.
so..what's the point of bumping this thread now.
As far as i am concerned, i will remember the playoff loss whenever i remember manning.

LOL this is a new thread not a bumped one... Silly thread? maybe (aren't they all?) that is your opinion that I don't agree with & quite frankly the historic run & the way Manning is playing... it is worthy of some reflection

mr007
10-01-2013, 07:15 AM

Honestly I thought he was going to SF for sure. In my mind there was no way he was coming to Denver, but when I heard I was like holy **** - we've got Peyton Fing Manning as our QB.

GreatBronco16
10-01-2013, 07:20 AM
well the purpose was not to "call out" anyone.

But that is exactly what you're doing whether you intended to or not.

I've posted some dumb stuff myself... like not wanting to draft Von Miller... (well maybe that wasn't so dumb now considering his status in the drug program)

Hey I didn't think we could get Manning, and in the very beginning, I really didn't want Denver to go after him. I wanted Tebow to get a full year to prove himself. There was no guarantee that we could even get Manning nor was there one were he would be 100% after everything. Was I glad when we did get Manning? Well yes. Am I glad now? Double hell yeah. Does all of that make me a stupid fan because I didn't say I wanted Manning from the very beginning? Well no. It just makes me a fan.

The Joker
10-01-2013, 07:22 AM
I was hoping this would be some if cutthemdown's post from preseason about how awful a team we were going to be this year.

Has he posted since opening week?

MplsBronco
10-01-2013, 07:25 AM
Who cares about whether someone thought we could land him or not or whether he could perform once here. Once we got him my take was and still is that the pressure is on to win a SB. Last time I checked, last year was a pretty miserable failure in that regard. Now, I wasn't expecting a SB victory the first year but once you end up with the number #1 seed you better make a deep run. My complaint with Manning has always been his playoff record.

The jury is still out. This season has been great and all so far but really, these gaudy stats are meaningless unless it leads to a SB win. So far, the playoff experience with Tebow vs the experience with Manning is 1000x better.

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 07:26 AM
But that is exactly what you're doing whether you intended to or not.

wrong all I did was re-post comments that have already been posted, not once did I comment on their comments and really IMO if you didn't want Manning you deserve to be called out, so if the shoe fits..

bowtown
10-01-2013, 07:26 AM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/46/files/2011/04/john_elway_score_pic.jpg

Old Dude
10-01-2013, 07:27 AM
I was too busy banning innocent people to say anything stupid.

MplsBronco
10-01-2013, 07:27 AM
guess you are right about that, so I will say IMO if you didn't want Manning you deserve to be called out, so if the shoe fits..

I'm sorry, have we won anything with Manning yet?

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 07:31 AM

chk the last 14 regular season games... I know what your gonna say we haven't won a playoff game with him... true but you don't get to the playoffs w/o regular season wins & guess what 31 teams don't win the super bowl every year

MplsBronco
10-01-2013, 07:32 AM
chk the last 14 regular season games...

Don't mean jack sh!t. You must be like 12 years old.

GoBroncos DownUnder
10-01-2013, 07:32 AM
I didn't think he'd come here. I thought he'd want to play somewhere indoors or warmer.
I thought the same!
But after a conversation with a guy I know who works in the NFL, he thought that San Fran would get Manning, but said Denver's organization would "present better" to a veteran QB, ... that gave me hope!

... Does this mean I am turning into a OM troll? ...
I like it when people get all bent out of shape, because the crap they spurted was wrong and they want to pretend like they never said it??
I'm wrong often, but I rarely try to shout my opinion over someone else on a MB in cyberspace.

GreatBronco16
10-01-2013, 07:35 AM
guess you are right about that, so I will say IMO if you didn't want Manning you deserve to be called out, so if the shoe fits..

Call out threads are suppose to be a no no.

But if this makes your epenis grow, then have at it.

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 07:37 AM
Call out threads are suppose to be a no no.

But if this makes your epenis grow, then have at it.

I'm up to 5 inches already-- anything more than a mouthful is a waste

LOL @ the ppl that didn't want Manning & get mad when their comments are re-posted... hahah btw Don't think this can be considered a "call out" thread because I never commented on the comments made I just re-posted what was already posted. Never once did I say so & so is an idiot for posting this or that.. get your facts straight & try again

DivineLegion
10-01-2013, 07:38 AM

Perspective.

If we win our next three games we will have won more games in a season and a half than we did the previous three seasons. If we win 15 games this season, which we probably won't, we will have matched our win total for the previous four seasons. That's a lot of winning.

SeedReaver
10-01-2013, 07:39 AM
Was that thread the cause of the mass exodus of Old Dude? I can't remember, but that was hilarious.

Gutless Drunk
10-01-2013, 07:40 AM
So far, the playoff experience with Tebow vs the experience with Manning is 1000x better.

I don't understand when I hear this constantly.The Tebow season was actually some of the most boring games I ever sat through, 55 minutes of ineptitude. I thought last year was way more fun.

I would rather watch week after week of sustained excellent professional performance. I guess that's because I don't really enjoy the high school/college game.

To each their own I guess. Went just as far, got blown out in the divisional round 45-10 and lost on the divisional round in double OT 38-35.

delany
10-01-2013, 07:44 AM
What should be remembered is that it was not a slam dunk decision. There was a ton of risk involved.

John Elway should get huge props for rolling the dice on this...and then being able to execute it.

People will lose sight of what a gamble it was because it turned out to well. Threads like this show you what a bold move it truly was.

GreatBronco16
10-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Was that thread the cause of the mass exodus of Old Dude? I can't remember, but that was hilarious.

No, that was the thread were Old Dude came in and started telling people that they were not allowed to post in said thread if they didn't stay exactly on topic. Even people who just asked a question got banned. TJ had to step in some time later and pull on the choke collar. Everyone was unbanned(myself included) except for a few. Jhns was one of them that remained banned I think.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-01-2013, 07:50 AM
The jury is still out. This season has been great and all so far but really, these gaudy stats are meaningless unless it leads to a SB win. So far, the playoff experience with Tebow vs the experience with Manning is 1000x better.

Really? One had us in OT in the divisional round, the other was blown out in an embarrassing loss in the divisional round.

I didn't think he would choose denver based on stadium and weather. Didnt think he would go to an NFC team but did think titans. Was a pleasant surprise when it was denver. That thread was fun. Some of the clowns in that list were just tebow fans and bitter that Elway was trying to replace him. If manning chose elsewhere Elway would've still gone with a different QB. Some of these people don't post anymore from shamed, and I wouldn't be surprised if a couple dumped those profiles and made new ones with a fresh persona.

MplsBronco
10-01-2013, 07:52 AM
I don't understand when I hear this constantly.The Tebow season was actually some of the most boring games I ever sat through, 55 minutes of ineptitude. I thought last year was way more fun.

I would rather watch week after week of sustained excellent professional performance. I guess that's because I don't really enjoy the high school/college game.

To each their own I guess. Went just as far, got blown out in the divisional round 45-10 and lost on the divisional round in double OT 38-35.

I said PLAYOFF experience. Although I did find some of the Tebow games, namely their endings, far more exhilarating.

MplsBronco
10-01-2013, 07:53 AM
Really? One had us in OT in the divisional round, the other was blown out in an embarrassing loss in the divisional round.

Laughable. One threw an 80 yard TD pass in OT of a playoff game, the other threw a pick, across his body.

DivineLegion
10-01-2013, 07:56 AM
What should be remembered is that it was not a slam dunk decision. There was a ton of risk involved.

John Elway should get huge props for rolling the dice on this...and then being able to execute it.

People will lose sight of what a gamble it was because it turned out to well. Threads like this show you what a bold move it truly was.

http://www.eballz.com/new/images/da_ballz02.jpg

Elways got em'

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-01-2013, 07:57 AM
Laughable. One threw an 80 yard TD pass in OT of a playoff game, the other threw a pick, across his body.

I saw manning with an 88 yard game winning drive in the 4th quarter. Just slicing up ravens D. Then saw our defense stop flacco on 4th down to seal the win. You can think manning was the reason they lost though.

Last I checked its how far you go in the playoffs. Tebow got punched in the mouth in the divisional round and lost too.

One is still in the league undefeated the other contemplating playing in Russia.

MplsBronco
10-01-2013, 08:02 AM
I didn't say he was the reason we lost. What you can't say is that he was the reason we won. Which was the whole point of bringing him here.

Look all I am saying is there is much to prove still. I don't get all geeked out over stats.

Shananahan
10-01-2013, 08:02 AM
I was wrong once.

Feels good to get it off my chest.

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 08:06 AM
I was wrong once.

Kudos for this reply... awesome post

I didn't say he was the reason we lost. What you can't say is that he was the reason we won. Which was the whole point of bringing him here.

Look all I am saying is there is much to prove still. I don't get all geeked out over stats.

He was the reason we were in that game to start with...

Don't mean jack ****. You must be like 12 years old.
I must be 12 years old b/c I pointed out the FACT that we have won 14 consecutive regular season games? you are a joke & since you have nothing intelligent to say you resort to a personal attack (must be a closet Faider fan) .. ROFL! seriously hahaha best to stop posting-- you already lost

Dedhed
10-01-2013, 08:10 AM
did Dedhed get his 1 year ban?

There has to bet someone has to be willing to pony up for the flip side in order to lose a bet. No one did.

Dedhed
10-01-2013, 08:13 AM

Great post.

MplsBronco
10-01-2013, 08:13 AM

He was the reason we were in that game to start with... best to stop posting-- you already lost

Get a friggen clue. I haven't lost anything. You can't refute anything I have said. In your fantasy land I suppose the 2 kick returns had no impact on us being in that game "to start with".

What Manning is doing this season is great. But it is meaningless unless they win the big one. So your pathetic call out thread is premature, at best.

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Get a friggen clue. I haven't lost anything. You can't refute anything I have said. In your fantasy land I suppose the 2 kick returns had no impact on us being in that game "to start with".

What Manning is doing this season is great. But it is meaningless unless they win the big one. So your pathetic call out thread is premature, at best.

You haven't posted anything knowledgeable to refute.. so yes you lost
btw how do you get to the playoffs einstein? by winning in the regular season (guess Manning had NOTHING to do with that) come back when you have something somewhat intelligent to post

"The 5'7" OM Tough Guy"

I know your kind. Sad really.

LOL @ my sad pathetic life

MplsBronco
10-01-2013, 08:18 AM
You haven't said anything knowledgeable to refute.. so yes you lost

btw how do you get to the playoffs einstein? by winning in the regular season

"The 5'7" OM Tough Guy"

I know your kind. Sad really.

MplsBronco
10-01-2013, 08:24 AM

LOL I must be 12 years old b/c I pointed out the 14 consecutive regular season wins? seriously hahaha best to stop posting-- you already lost

How many times are you going to edit? For your sake, I was hoping you were 12 years old to better explain being 5'7".

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 08:27 AM
How many times are you going to edit? For your sake, I was hoping you were 12 years old to better explain being 5'7".

Oh no not a short joke, boo hoo I'm short, a man in a boy's body.. poor, pathetic me, what a loser I am ... hahahhaha ... just didn't want to "bump" this thread so it is edited for your viewing pleasure... damn 12 year olds & their interwebs, probably would of got away with it too if it wasn't for that damn mettling MplsBronco

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-01-2013, 08:38 AM

If it's how far you go I believe a bye does the same thing as a wildcard win. Both gets you to the divisional round. I know there's a wrap about manning in the playoffs. Some games were on him but others weren't. A drunk kicker owns one of his losses. The year where a decent team was around him he won the SB. And some of those years he was taking a 1-15 team to the playoffs. I have never seen him throw and play the way he's doing it this year. For this first quarter of games I have never seen it from anyone. That's not meaningless regardless of the outcome.

Heyneck
10-01-2013, 08:39 AM
I will eat my crow. I never thought he would pick us. Was certain he was going to the Titans when their Old Timer told the FO to go out and get him.

Drunk Monkey
10-01-2013, 08:49 AM

Lol at your assertion that the season is meaningless unless we win the SB. It would be the icing on the cake and make for a truly memorable season but 13 weekends of wins and a chance to watch my team play in Jan is pretty great. Being in the hunt for the SB makes for a great season. There is nothing worst then 8-8 or 7-9 mediocrity.

GreatBronco16
10-01-2013, 08:52 AM

Trindon Holliday says hello.

bronco militia
10-01-2013, 09:01 AM
I knew a week or two (friend of a friend at Dove Valley) before you guys that we were going after Manning and I didn't believe it either.

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Trindon Holliday says hello.

^ at least that is one dude I'm taller than :wave:

GreatBronco16
10-01-2013, 09:04 AM
hahah btw Don't think this can be considered a "call out" thread because I never commented on the comments made I just re-posted what was already posted. Never once did I say so & so is an idiot for posting this or that.. get your facts straight & try again

Get my facts straight? You agreed with me and now you have eddited your own post and removed it. But anyway, if you are going to take the time to pull all those post from another thread just to start your own thread about what people said in a thumping your chest type move, then yes, you are calling people out for it.

Otherwise, why not just bump the thread you pulled those from.

Geez, some people just feel the need to do a I told you so type thread.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-01-2013, 09:04 AM
I remember someone had a thread like a year or months before the manning news came out saying something about bringing manning in. He bumped it a while back. That guy wins

GreatBronco16
10-01-2013, 09:07 AM
I remember someone had a thread like a year or months before the manning news came out saying something about bringing manning in. He bumped it a while back. That guy wins

I wanted Manning out of college. Too bad the board wasn't around then, so I win.:)

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Get my facts straight? You agreed with me and now you have eddited your own post and removed it. But anyway, if you are going to take the time to pull all those post from another thread just to start your own thread about what people said in a thumping your chest type move, then yes, you are calling people out for it.

I agreed that you took it as a call out thread... after I thought about it I came to the conclusion that this it is not a call out thread b/c I didn't say anything about the comments... so I then edited my post.. you are reading too much into this thread, you are drawing your own conclusions b/c I never posted anything in a "thumping my chest" manner .. nor did I call out anyone, re-posting what was posted w/o commenting I'm not calling anyone out & if you think so that is your opinion.. which we all know what they say about opinions .. it is not my fault if you lose credibility on the mighty OrangeMane board because of something stupid you posted... so if this applies to you: enjoy the so called "I told you so" thread or just keep posting about calling ppl out either way it makes no difference to me.... lol

Rabb
10-01-2013, 09:17 AM

Bmore called this

GreatBronco16
10-01-2013, 09:19 AM
I agreed that you took it as a call out thread... after I thought about it I came to the conclusion that this it is not a call out thread b/c I didn't say anything about the comments... so I then edited my post.. you are reading too much into this thread, you are drawing your own conclusions b/c I never posted anything in a "thumping my chest" manner .. nor did I call out anyone, posting what was posted w/o commenting I'm not calling anyone out.. it is not my fault if you lose credibility on the mighty OrangeMane board because of something stupid you posted

Oh man where to start with this. First, you don't have to say anything about the comments for it to be a call out. Second, when you post something like "Wonder what those same morons are saying today?", that my friend is thumping your chest and calling them out. You posted that in the thread that this one is talking about not 20 minutes after you started this thread. Third, I haven't lost credibility on the mighty Orangemane board. Maybe with you, but I think I'll sleep pretty good at night even knowing that.

Crushaholic
10-01-2013, 09:22 AM
I was wrong once.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9xOQ-oe9w6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Oh man where to start with this. First, you don't have to say anything about the comments for it to be a call out. Second, when you post something like "Wonder what those same morons are saying today?", that my friend is thumping your chest and calling them out. You posted that in the thread that this one is talking about not 20 minutes after you started this thread. Third, I haven't lost credibility on the mighty Orangemane board. Maybe with you, but I think I'll sleep pretty good at night even knowing that.

you saying it is a call out is your opinion-- not fact, and frankly your opinion doesn't mean d*ck to anyone on a message board.. & you couldn't possibly know what most people think of you on an internet forum.. nor should you care

so sleep tight & dream of Peyton Manning TD passes

GreatBronco16
10-01-2013, 09:26 AM
you couldn't possibly know what most ppl think of you on an internet forum.

Oh but I do.:)

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 09:28 AM
Oh but I do.:) you obviously care too LOL

GreatBronco16
So opinions mean d**k now. So why did you start this thread again? Oh yeah.

Kaylore
Think about how many teams would go get him now if he was a free agent.

DENVERDUI55
I thought he would end up in Tennessee for sure. I didn't think he would come to Denver and I thought Arizona was even lucky to get him to show up. Once SF jumped into the mix then I thought he was going there and has time showed he made the right decision. That was one of the happier days as a Bronco fan when he said he was coming to Denver. I never believed that Tebow would make it in this league as a QB and he washed out even quicker than I could of imagined.

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 09:30 AM
So opinions mean d**k now. So why did you start this thread again? Oh yeah.

because it is a forum.. discuss... doesn't mean your opinion matters.. just discuss.. jesus it is not hard to understand

GreatBronco16
10-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Think about how many teams would go get him now if he was a free agent.

Only a handfull would be able to afford him and offer him a decent offense to start with at the same time.

Old Dude
10-01-2013, 09:36 AM
No, that was the thread were Old Dude came in and started telling people that they were not allowed to post in said thread if they didn't stay exactly on topic. Even people who just asked a question got banned. TJ had to step in some time later and pull on the choke collar. Everyone was unbanned(myself included) except for a few. ...

Hilarious! Whatever, dude.

Dedhed
10-01-2013, 09:36 AM
you saying it is a call out is your opinion--
Get over yourself. Pretending this is anything but a call out thread is laughable.

DENVERDUI55
10-01-2013, 09:38 AM
This was an all time meltdown emotional thread. What happened to Baja anyways?

Originally Posted by baja
OK I've read much of this thread and this is my take.

If the Bronco's dump Tebow because they have an old, injured HOA QB for a few years at best I will dump the Broncos as my favorite team of 41 years.

Tebow has earned his shot. If he doesn't get it F the Bronco organization. I don't want to be a fan of a classless organization. There is already too many classless persons playing the sport.

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Get over yourself. Pretending this is anything but a call out thread is laughable.

it is what it is... & you can take it how you want it... but it doesn't mean sh*t to me, just something to discuss & waste time

DENVERDUI55
10-01-2013, 09:41 AM
I don't see him going to Denver. Don't think he would like John Fox's offensive system and the Tebow drama would probably annoy the hell out of him.
Shows your football knowledge. I'm sure the Broncos signed Manning to run the same offense that KC currently runs.
No idea who this dude is. Apparently he's in the Denver media, so idk how credible he is.
Brandon Spano Show‏ @ BrandonSpano
BREAKING: Source says that the Chiefs were the ONLY team to offer a completed contract to Peyton Manning today. Says they are most prepared

GreatBronco16
10-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Hilarious! Whatever, dude.

Hey, it was a fun thread.

errand
10-01-2013, 09:47 AM
I didn't think we could land him. Oh the horror of me thinking that. I must not be a true fan. The shame............the shame. :(

It's one thing to have an opinion like yours....but the vast majority of those who had doubts were pretty obnoxious in their defense of their opinions and attacked those who had differing opinions.

Go back and read the entire thread and during the time Manning was mulling over his options, this board saw many venomous attacks by Tebow supporters, and Manning haters......we had people calling the Broncos classless for possibly signing Manning and trading Tebow....we had people basically burning their "fan" cards, we had people claiming it would set the Broncos back, we had people blasting Elway, Fox, DT, Decker, Moreno, the OL, and Manning....the very people who are setting NFL records for making opposing teams lick Fido's ass.

Having a differing opinion isn't what makes them bad fans...it was the total trashing of the team, FO, and two of the NFL's greatest QB's while supporting a one hit wonder who is now out of the league less than two seasons after being traded that gives them that distinction

TheChamp24
10-01-2013, 09:50 AM
I honestly thought we had no shot at Manning. Why would he come here? Our defense was still somewhat of a mess, offense was a mess thanks to Mcdaniels giving us unknowns.

maven
10-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Should've kept the Tebow, since he's so good and all.

ROFL!

Dedhed
10-01-2013, 09:58 AM
it is what it is... I know; it is a call out thread. Why the need to pretend it isn't?

errand
10-01-2013, 09:58 AM

Ok, now that's funny...I don't care who you are.LOL

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-01-2013, 10:00 AM

I can pretty much guarantee he was called "a moron" for not thinking the same way as the " morons" referenced in that quote.

errand
10-01-2013, 10:01 AM

Just 15 straight regular season games, the AFC West division title....but no title.

however if winning it all is your logic then Broncos have had 2 good seasons and 51 miserable ones

Old Dude
10-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Hey, it was a fun thread.

What happened, from my perspective, is this.

For some period of time, there had been an increasing number of personal attacks and an increasing degree of hostility among a number of posters on the board.

Jhns was one of the main instigators, but he certainly wasn't alone. Part of it was due to the rift in opinion about Tebow. That was a huge factor. But it really went further back than that - really to the point when McDaniels replaced Shanahan.

We'd let things slide a long, long time.

The Manning thread brought all this stuff to the fore once again.

My initial feeling was to impose as minimal amount of control as possible, first by politely telling people to knock it off. I was ignored, partially because some people did not realize I was a moderator. Others probably missed my initial warning because the thread was so long and moving so fast.

I then decided to impose the minimum sanction possible - "thread bans." Instead of banning people outright, I told them to get out of the thread. This was a mistake, for several reasons. It didn't work. Again, some people didn't realize I was a moderator. Others didn't think I was serious. Others couldn't comprehend the notion of a "thread ban," having never encountered such a beast in their entire time on the internet. I should never have taken that intermediate step. Instead, I should have just issued lesser bans right from the start - one day to one week each, I imagine, would have been sufficient.

Once I started banning people, some posters saw it as me taking sides in the underlying disputes, which I really didn't give a darn about. So we had some deliberate defiance and protests that also drew bans, and I kept escalating the times involved, which just poured more flames on the fire.

TJ did NOT step in. On the contrary, after thinking things over for a bit, and considering feedback from other posters in PMs and the like, I suggested to him that he might want to reduce or lift some of the bans - which he did in a number of cases.

What I learned from that experience was to never use thread bans again.

My apologies to those I offended, except for the ones who deserved it, whoever they were, which I can't even remember now.

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 10:04 AM
I know; it is a call out thread. Why the need to pretend it isn't?

call it what you want to call it, I'm not pretending anything when I made the thread it was not my intention for it to be a "call out" thread more like eat some sh*t thread

would it make ppl feel better if I deleted the usernames out of the quotes?

hahhahahahaha

Miss I.
10-01-2013, 10:07 AM
because it is a forum.. discuss... doesn't mean your opinion matters.. just discuss.. jesus it is not hard to understand

Dude, his name is not jesus. That's Tebow. ;D

Crushaholic
10-01-2013, 10:08 AM
call it what you want to call it, I'm not pretending anything when I made the thread it was not my intention for it to be a "call out" thread more like eat some sh*t thread

hahhahahahaha

Actually, that might have been a better tactic...

errand
10-01-2013, 10:09 AM

so using your own logic, Elway had 2 meaningful seasons and 14 meaningless seasons...got it!

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 10:10 AM
What happened, from my perspective, is this.
For some period of time, there had been an increasing number of personal attacks and an increasing degree of hostility among a number of posters on the board.

^ that is the problem w/ this & most forums, ppl get butt hurt when someone doesn't agree with them... most don't have anything intelligent to say so they resort to personal attacks well because they have nothing else... happens in all my threads ... I'm use to it but it is sad but true

errand
10-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Oh no not a short joke, boo hoo I'm short, a man in a boy's body.. poor, pathetic me, what a loser I am ... hahahhaha ... just didn't want to "bump" this thread so it is edited for your viewing pleasure... damn 12 year olds & their interwebs, probably would of got away with it too if it wasn't for that damn mettling MplsBronco

you're taller than Tom Cruise.....

DENVERDUI55
10-01-2013, 10:13 AM

I didn't realize you were such a Teboner and you said a bunch of irrational nonsense about signing Manning. I got a chuckle out of these.

-Cute post but its true.

- He plays a very different style of QB
- the style has proven very effective

If he can improve in each area of his game like most young QBs do, he's certainly capable of chaning the way the game is played.

-Each one of those teams has dramatically superior supporting casts on offense, defense AND special teams...

-And Im ****ing FINE with Manning (dont think hes coming here, but fine with it).

My problem is were still not doing jack or dick to improve a talent bereft football that, quite frankly, sucks dick at nearly every roster spot.

-I would say developing a complete roster with depth and talent and developing your own football players is what it takes to achieve greatness in this league.

Not 36 year olds with neck issues and a **** roster of retreads that wouldnt start elsewhere.

Miss I.
10-01-2013, 10:17 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-y1DGnnTle_4/UkXzKcoimxI/AAAAAAAAHlc/LylrmDIaEgw/s1600/Chocolate+Covered+Bacon+Denver+Bronco+Gift+Box.jpg

Ambiguous
10-01-2013, 10:19 AM
So far, the playoff experience with Tebow vs the experience with Manning is 1000x better.

*Jumps off building*

bombay
10-01-2013, 10:24 AM
It was obvious he would connect with Elway.

Dedhed
10-01-2013, 10:37 AM

hahhahahahaha

Wait, you don't consider an "eat some **** thread" a call out? ummm...ok

BTW, I have no issue with being called out; if I did, I wouldn't post on this, or any, forum. I also don't imagine for a minute that I'm right all the time.

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Wait, you don't consider an "eat some **** thread" a call out? ummm...ok

BTW, I have no issue with being called out; if I did, I wouldn't post on this, or any, forum. I also don't imagine for a minute that I'm right all the time.

semantics.. you say call out, I say eat sh*t, whatever gets you thru the day

I had no problem with your posts I was just replying to the "get over yourself" part..

couldn't figure that out

btw is that even possible?

bombay
10-01-2013, 10:47 AM
If Elway wasn't jealous and Allen wasn't deliberately sabotaging him, tebow would have been a hall of famer.

I guess the tebowners will have to watch his current team/

Dedhed
10-01-2013, 10:48 AM
semantics.. you say call out, I say eat sh**t, whatever gets you thru the day
Wow, I can't think of where to begin here. I think I'll just let your post speak for itself.

Hint: That isn't semantics.

TheReverend
10-01-2013, 10:49 AM
I didn't realize you were such a Teboner and you said a bunch of irrational nonsense about signing Manning. I got a chuckle out of these.

I STILL love Tebow. I'm just sick of arguing about it.

And all of that was true when it was posted. We've made enormous strides to our supporting cast since, most notably with Jack Del Rio... we weren't so hot with that **** bag Dennis Allen calling the shots.

Arizona had a better defense, Fitzgerald to throw to, weather, and Peyton straight up Whisenhunt that he wanted to play there when he got off the plane.

Tennessee had Chris Johnson (pre falling flat on his face), a defense similar to ours, an owner offering Peyton an ownership stake, and a shot at the Colts 2x a year.

Pretty obvious what San Fran was bringing to the table.

So, okay, bump that one where I reiterate I was fine with signing Manning because he's Manning. I have a hundred other posts calling him the GOAT before he was a Bronco and when we were courting him.

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Wow, I can't think of where to begin here. I think I'll just let your post speak for itself.

Hint: That isn't semantics.

I'm no Einstein but

Semantics- the meanings of words and phrases in a particular context
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/semantics

Not sure how this doesn't apply, guess I'm just stupid.. maybe I have a comprehension problem.. but whatever man!!! Thread title changed just for you

Jekyll15Hyde
10-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Love this thread!

Was really hard to not want PFM when you already knew that Teebs was a POS QB who be out of the league in 5 years. Someone can quote me on that cause I posted it several times.

Dedhed
10-01-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm no Einstein but

Not sure how this doesn't apply, guess I'm just stupid.. but whatever man!!!
Here, I'll spell it out for you. An "eat ****" thread is the exact same thing as a "Call Out" thread.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-01-2013, 11:00 AM
I STILL love Tebow.

Hopefully not as a QB

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Here, I'll spell it out for you. An "eat ****" thread is the exact same thing as a "Call Out" thread.

so it is simply a matter of what you or someone else chooses to call it...
so that is Semantics

TheReverend
10-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Hopefully not as a QB

Not as a conventional QB. Never did.

As a QB in the general sense? Absolutely.

Also economically speaking it's full blown madness: This is quite literally the only instance I can ever remember where there is a massive market for something and firms go out of their way not to supply it to households.

It's not Tim teams are shying away from. It's the circus that comes with it.

Dedhed
10-01-2013, 11:10 AM
so it is simply a matter of what you or someone else chooses to call it...
so that is Semantics

No, "synonymous" and "semantics" are not the same thing.

Dedhed
10-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Not as a conventional QB. Never did.

As a QB in the general sense? Absolutely.

Also economically speaking it's full blown madness: This is quite literally the only instance I can ever remember where there is a massive market for something and firms go out of their way not to supply it to households.

It's not Tim teams are shying away from. It's the circus that comes with it.It is mind-boggling that the Jags haven't signed Tebow. Even if he was inactive their attendance would quadruple.

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 11:13 AM
No, "synonymous" and "semantics" are not the same thing.

clearly "call out" & "eat sh*t" are not spelled or pronounced the same but used in this context they mean the same thing--- Semantics

Dedhed
10-01-2013, 11:19 AM

clearly "call out" & "eat sh*t" are not spelled or pronounced the same but used in this context they mean the same thing--- Semantics

BTW, you're now arguing against your original stance that this is not a call out thread.

TheReverend
10-01-2013, 11:20 AM
It is mind-boggling that the Jags haven't signed Tebow. Even if he was inactive their attendance would quadruple.

Attendance would quadruple, and I think it'd be a successful endeavor, but the rub is that it really does handcuff a new GM.

Instead of acquiring the type of players he wants to, he'd have to alter his whole philosophy and build a team around Tim.

Email convo from yesterday with my Jags fan friend:

Me-Are you feeling that God has smote your team for forsaking his second son?

Him-After Gabbert's pick-six, I looked up to the heavens. Literally, this is what I saw.

http://sinfl.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/tebowwhynot.jpg?w=600&h=300

i4jelway7
10-01-2013, 11:22 AM
BTW, you're now arguing against your original stance that this is not a call out thread.

lol well yeah if you take it that way I guess you could say that.. but I really don't care how it is taken .. take it how you want it.. & if the word Semantics doesn't apply guess I won't be getting that english major ... hahaha

DENVERDUI55
10-01-2013, 11:27 AM
I STILL love Tebow. Peyton straight up Whisenhunt that he wanted to play there when he got off the plane..

Peyton was never serious about signing with the Cardinals. He felt obligated to visiting them and stayed in Glendale for a few hours but tossed them aside pretty early in the process. AZ's OL was awful and over the cap by a long ways. You also mentioned that Denver's roster was full of garbage players and Denver's OL was awful. It's pretty clear the 20 mil spent on Manning was a hell of a lot better than Hakim Nicks, Carr, and Coefield. We all say dumb stuff it's okay REV.

TheReverend
10-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Peyton was never serious about signing with the Cardinals. He felt obligated to visiting them and stayed in Glendale for a few hours but tossed them aside pretty early in the process. AZ's OL was awful and over the cap by a long ways. You also mentioned that Denver's roster was full of garbage players and Denver's OL was awful. It's pretty clear the 20 mil spent on Manning was a hell of a lot better than Hakim Nicks, Carr, and Coefield. We all say dumb stuff it's okay REV.

Pretty crazy to get that impression from "I want to play here"

And Denver's OL was awful... Franklin was a rookie making rookie mistakes, Beadles was awful that season, has Walton even played a snap since? Clady and Kuper were the only good players on it that season.

And what does Hakim Nicks have to do with anything?

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-01-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm sure the attendance would increase but if It would increase that much I would've expected a bigger turn out to their tebow rally. There was more media members than jags fans there.

DENVERDUI55
10-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Pretty crazy to get that impression from "I want to play here"

And Denver's OL was awful... Franklin was a rookie making rookie mistakes, Beadles was awful that season, has Walton even played a snap since? Clady and Kuper were the only good players on it that season.

And what does Hakim Nicks have to do with anything?

Where is the quote "I want to play here?" I live in AZ part of the time and can tell you that saying would of been blowing up the local sports talk. You said Nicks my bad you meant Carl Nicks.

TheReverend
10-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Where is the quote "I want to play here?" I live in AZ part of the time and can tell you that saying would of been blowing up the local sports talk. You said Nicks my bad you meant Carl Nicks.

Oh, yeah, I love Carl Nicks. He was and is great.

And that quote was ever public.

Are you trying to get to a point? I'm waiting.

Dedhed
10-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Attendance would quadruple, and I think it'd be a successful endeavor, but the rub is that it really does handcuff a new GM.

Instead of acquiring the type of players he wants to, he'd have to alter his whole philosophy and build a team around Tim.

Email convo from yesterday with my Jags fan friend:

Me-Are you feeling that God has smote your team for forsaking his second son?

Him-After Gabbert's pick-six, I looked up to the heavens. Literally, this is what I saw.

http://sinfl.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/tebowwhynot.jpg?w=600&h=300
Ha, that's pretty funny. I get the idea of handcuffing the GM in terms of building a team in the long term, but signing Tebow to play out the rest of the season there wouldn't handcuff him.

Signing Tebow could mean Millions in revenue for a club that needs to be overhauled. If it did work out, by Tebow being at least what he was in Denver, then you could determine whether or not to build the future around him. Either way, you've got more money to work with.

TheReverend
10-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Ha, that's pretty funny. I get the idea of handcuffing the GM in terms of building a team in the long term, but signing Tebow to play out the rest of the season there wouldn't handcuff him.

Signing Tebow could mean Millions in revenue for a club that needs to be overhauled. If it did work out, by Tebow being at least what he was in Denver, then you could determine whether or not to build the future around him. Either way, you've got more money to work with.

You're forgetting the human elements of this. A new GM and new coaches are trying to build careers for themselves, not roll the dice with their families' futures. That's why Tim's poison right now.

It would and will take Shahid Khan to do this himself.

Archer81
10-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Call out thread to be locked in 5...

:Broncos: