PDA

View Full Version : Facebook

Pony Boy
09-27-2013, 08:13 AM
Wow, what’s going on with Facebook? I bought lightly on the opening IPO and lost my shorts but when it dropped to 18 dollars I bought a crap-load and it's now over 50. I had requested an auto-sell at 50 but pulled it last week. I’m not sure how much longer to ride this out?

Also thinking about jumping hard on Twitter but will probably stay away from the IPO. I don’t see how Twitter will generate income but Facebook didn’t make sense either ………. Go figure, it’s a strange world we live in.

mhgaffney
09-27-2013, 10:13 AM
I don't do F*******K !

DenverBrit
09-27-2013, 10:24 AM
I don't do ********* !
LOL

When did 'facts' get censored?

Meck77
09-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Wow, what’s going on with Facebook? I bought lightly on the opening IPO and lost my shorts but when it dropped to 18 dollars I bought a crap-load and it's now over 50. I had requested an auto-sell at 50 but pulled it last week. I’m not sure how much longer to ride this out?

Also thinking about jumping hard on Twitter but will probably stay away from the IPO. I don’t see how Twitter will generate income but Facebook didn’t make sense either ………. Go figure, it’s a strange world we live in.

Let me ask you this. How many investments in life have you said "woulda coulda shoulda".

Shoulda sold before the clinton .com bubble burst, shoulda sold that rental before the real estate bubble popped in 2008

Shoulda bought gold when it was $300 on ounce etc etc...

Go with your gut pony but I'm big fan of not trying to time the highs and lows and locking in some profits never hurts! Even if FB goes up after you take profits you can buy back in on a dip, move those funds to diversify into something else etc etc

Oh as far as FB itself. It's revolutionizing the way people communicate. It's potential is limitless....

I'm working on a similar idea and relating it to real estate. The traditional methods to buy and sell real estate are stressful and inefficient. Look for my IPO in a couple years. :thumbs:

Pony Boy
09-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Let me ask you this. How many investments in life have you said "woulda coulda shoulda".

Shoulda sold before the clinton .com bubble burst, shoulda sold that rental before the real estate bubble popped in 2008

Go with your gut pony but I'm big fan of not trying to time the highs and lows and locking in some profits never hurts! Even if FB goes up after you take profits you can buy back in on a dip, move those funds to diversify into something else etc etc

Oh as far as FB itself. It's revolutionizing the way people communicate. It's potential is limitless....
I'm working on a similar idea and relating it to real estate. The traditional methods to buy and sell real estate are stressful and inefficient. Look for my IPO in a couple years. :thumbs:

That's why I'm fascinated with Twitter, it is also revolutionizing the way people communicate instantaneously. On the other side I don't see how Twitter will generate income unless they merge with another technology that produces income.

I should be able to get in on the IPO but I will be limited. I don't think it will come in over valued like Facebook. Twitter will probably be another one of those "woulda coulda shoulda" stocks.

W*GS
09-27-2013, 01:35 PM
LOL

When did 'facts' get censored?

LOL

Arkie
11-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Twitter closed at $44.90 a share, 73% above its I.P.O. price of $26. Another "woulda coulda shoulda" for me.

Pony Boy
11-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Twitter closed at $44.90 a share, 73% above its I.P.O. price of $26. Another "woulda coulda shoulda" for me.

A lot of new multi-millionaires over night.

I still think it might drop under 40 in a couple of weeks and if it does I will go in large.

Fedaykin
11-07-2013, 06:14 PM

Nah, only the underwriters and company insiders could actually get it on that. The real open price (i.e. when you or I could have bought it) was $45

ak1971
11-07-2013, 07:18 PM

unless you are looking to kill real estate agents.. Don't need some useless idiot to drive me around in their Lexus

Fedaykin
11-07-2013, 07:56 PM

I love how ho matter the topic, meck77 is just around the corner with an IPO related to that topic.

houghtam
11-07-2013, 08:00 PM
I love how ho matter the topic, meck77 is just around the corner with an IPO related to that topic.

Bullet proof and idiot proof, no doubt!

:thumbsup:

barryr
11-08-2013, 05:43 AM
Bullet proof and idiot proof, no doubt!

:thumbsup:

And how surprising your only contribution to the topic is to take shots at posters. But that is the liberal norm around here, but oh, I know, as you guys claim, you just want honest debate and facts. The evidence of that is so clear in all of these threads LOL

houghtam
11-08-2013, 05:55 AM
And how surprising your only contribution to the topic is to take shots at posters. But that is the liberal norm around here, but oh, I know, as you guys claim, you just want honest debate and facts. The evidence of that is so clear in all of these threads LOL

The conservative posters on this board have long since been bereft of any logic or honesty. They aren't worth much more than one liners.

cutthemdown
11-08-2013, 06:28 AM
My dad always said when you have something better to do with the money, you sell. Or obviously if you sense a fall.....Like if you own tesla stock lol.

cutthemdown
11-08-2013, 06:32 AM
It is wierd how Twitter can generate revenue but when you have that many peoples information, what they say, what they do, it's worth a lot in the age of digital information storage.

Meck77
11-08-2013, 06:52 AM
unless you are looking to kill real estate agents.. Don't need some useless idiot to drive me around in their Lexus

Agreed.

Not kill them. Make them efficient to where they are actually writing contracts, negotiating, and closing the deal. In other words getting paid for the services they actually perform thus savy everybody money and saving the agents time. It's a win win.

The days of having to drive someone around are just about over. Most people find their own homes anyway yet still pay 3% to the agent. Pointless.

We're changing the way buyers AND sellers find one another. Agents will still be needed to put the pieces together unless both parties are experienced with buying/selling. Unlikely.

Trying to figure out how to fix the "idiot lenders" but there have been over 200 pieces of legislation from our Idiot government to regulate them the last few years so most have no clue what they are doing. Just joking with the idiot lender crack. There are some good ones left in the industry.

Pony Boy
11-08-2013, 09:23 AM
The days of having to drive someone around are just about over.

I think first time buyer still falls for this and think the agent is their friend and is looking out for their best interest. The second time buyer realizes the agent works for the seller and will do what ever it takes to unload the listed property.

B-Large
11-08-2013, 09:49 AM

Interesting. It seems to me it would be difficult to make RE tranactions efficient given there are so many moving parts in the equation- I am certainly intrigued.

B-Large
11-08-2013, 09:50 AM

My question: How does Twitter make money? Marketing?

DenverBrit
11-08-2013, 10:51 AM
My question: How does Twitter make money? Marketing?

A few days before the IPO.

Twitter IPO More Expensive Than Facebook Without Profits

“A tech IPO like Twitter with no profit is an emotional event, not a fundamental event.
You either believe or you don’t,” said Max Wolff, chief economist and strategist at ZT Wealth.
“Above $26, I think this thing starts to look a little dicey.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-05/twitter-ipo-more-expensive-than-facebook-without-profits.html

B-Large
11-08-2013, 01:06 PM
A few days before the IPO.

Twitter IPO More Expensive Than Facebook Without Profits

“A tech IPO like Twitter with no profit is an emotional event, not a fundamental event.
You either believe or you don’t,” said Max Wolff, chief economist and strategist at ZT Wealth.
“Above $26, I think this thing starts to look a little dicey.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-05/twitter-ipo-more-expensive-than-facebook-without-profits.html

they've also been running for a while, how much debt do they have.

I know very little about Stocks, but this feels like 1998 when people were throwing money at comapines that were hot, but had tons of debt and no money coming in...

mhgaffney
11-08-2013, 01:22 PM
This says it all...

DenverBrit
11-08-2013, 02:28 PM
they've also been running for a while, how much debt do they have.

I know very little about Stocks, but this feels like 1998 when people were throwing money at comapines that were hot, but had tons of debt and no money coming in...

It has all the hallmarks of a 'bubble' stock, or it could be another Amazon.

I don't know enough about Twitter's earnings & profit potential to consider 'investing'......using the term loosely....so I'll stay clear.

Fedaykin
11-08-2013, 02:43 PM
It has all the hallmarks of a 'bubble' stock, or it could be another Amazon.

I don't know enough about Twitter's earnings & profit potential to consider 'investing'......using the term loosely....so I'll stay clear.

Putting money in companies like facebook, twitter, etc. is not an investment. It's gambling.

Bronco Yoda
11-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Putting money in companies like facebook, twitter, etc. is not an investment. It's gambling.

this

Requiem
11-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Most investments are gambles.

Rohirrim
11-08-2013, 04:50 PM

I have to agree with Buffet's dictum of not putting money in things you don't understand. That's why he invests in things like ice cream. Easy to understand. You buy stuff, you turn it into ice cream, you sell the ice cream. ;D

Arkie
11-08-2013, 06:03 PM

All investments are gambles. The higher risks have the higher rewards.

DenverBrit
11-08-2013, 06:24 PM
David Weidner's article is spot on. ;D

Your Twitter investment is doomed — here’s why
Commentary: Even successful companies find it hard to overcome hype

Do you think Warren is buying Twitter? Get real.

Your biggest problem is that you haven’t done your homework. You haven’t read the S-1. You probably have never read any S-1. You don’t even know what an S-1 is . That’s what makes you Wall Street’s favorite customer. You bought Groupon GRPN +0.39% and Zynga Inc. ZNGA 0.00% — but don’t talk about it with friends. You keep that tidbit under wraps. Like that unfortunate tattoo.

Now you’re crowing about how your Facebook Inc. FB -0.27% investment has turned around. Well, guess what? You got lucky. And I bet you sold most of your position on the way down. Frankly, it’s a wonder you have anything left to invest. Good thing there are still opportunities for you. Get used to saying, “Hello, and welcome to Walmart!”

To make it clear, I’m going to make it simple. I’m going to use the ABCs.

“A” is for active users. Twitter TWTR +0.24% has 200 million of them. That’s impressive. What’s more impressive? More than 650 million users are inactive. (Read: fad.)

“B” is for bonus. The underwriting brokers at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. GS +2.21% are looking at a big one if they can oversell Twitter. Given the last-minute price increases, it looks like they’ll get it.

“C” is for cashout. See also “B” (And cross-reference Twitter’s early backers.)

“D” is for Dorsey. As in Jack Dorsey, the most-visible co-founder of Twitter. Let’s be honest: Dorsey is a smart guy. But name a single innovative idea he’s had since Twitter was launched. Now compare Twitter’s evolution with Facebook’s. Facebook added video, messaging, new search capabilities — the list goes on. Twitter? Squat. Just a bunch of annoying ads, even if they’re called promoted tweets.

“E” is for ego. Twitter folks act as if they’ve cured cancer. What’s the difference between Twitter and a cancer cure? People would pay for a cure.

“F” is for Facebook. Twitter is exactly like Facebook except it doesn’t have active users, profits or any obvious way to make a profit.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/your-twitter-investment-is-doomed-heres-why-2013-11-07

cutthemdown
11-08-2013, 06:54 PM

That's why capital gains tax needs to be low. Super low. When you invest you can lose money and it really is a lot like gambling.

houghtam
11-08-2013, 06:57 PM
That's why capital gains tax needs to be low. Super low. When you invest you can lose money and it really is a lot like gambling.

Lottery winnings are taxed at 35%. That's fair for capital gains/gambling. :)

Fedaykin
11-08-2013, 07:08 PM
All investments are gambles. The higher risks have the higher rewards.

There's a difference between informed investing, and tossing money at a "hot stock" that you know nothing about and hoping you make money on it.

Fedaykin
11-08-2013, 07:12 PM
I have to agree with Buffet's dictum of not putting money in things you don't understand. That's why he invests in things like ice cream. Easy to understand. You buy stuff, you turn it into ice cream, you sell the ice cream. ;D

In this case it's NOT putting money into something I do understand, heh.

Pony Boy
11-09-2013, 06:22 AM

Warren Buffet has over 2 billion invested in Walmart and you're right it's easy to understand unless you’re a liberal that thinks Walmart is doomed for failure.

cutthemdown
11-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Lottery winnings are taxed at 35%. That's fair for capital gains/gambling. :)

great comparison as usual. People can stop playing the lottery and we will be fine. People stop investing and see what happens.......oh wait we are seeing what happens.

houghtam
11-09-2013, 12:47 PM
great comparison as usual. People can stop playing the lottery and we will be fine. People stop investing and see what happens.......oh wait we are seeing what happens.

Is that why the stock market is at an all-time high?

Is that what we're seeing?

DenverBrit
11-09-2013, 01:22 PM

It's interesting that stock and bond investors are frequently touted as 'job creators.'

houghtam
11-09-2013, 02:25 PM
It's interesting that stock and bond investors are frequently touted as 'job creators.'

The capital gains argument is one of the more ignorant (non-religion-based) arguments the right makes.

"Oh, my profits of investments are being taxed more than I want, so instead of still making money, I'm just not going to invest and then I'll make no money. That'll show 'em!"

mhgaffney
11-09-2013, 02:50 PM

The market has been pumped up with $85 billion in QE every month.

The nation's productivity -- I mean production of real goods -- has not increased proportionally to match the market high.

Ergo, it's a bubble.

Arkie
11-09-2013, 07:57 PM
The capital gains argument is one of the more ignorant (non-religion-based) arguments the right makes.

"Oh, my profits of investments are being taxed more than I want, so instead of still making money, I'm just not going to invest and then I'll make no money. That'll show 'em!"

Investors will always invest. It just may be in another country. We already tax capital and income much more than any other rich country. Only Denmark, France and UK exceeded us in 2011, but we are the worst in 2013.

http://img.iex.nl/profs/MR141120123.JPG

Fedaykin
11-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Investors will always invest. It just may be in another country. We already tax capital and income much more than any other rich country. Only Denmark, France and UK exceeded us in 2011, but we are the worst in 2013.

http://img.iex.nl/profs/MR141120123.JPG

Where in the hell are they making that sh*t up from?

The maximum cap gains rate is short term gains for $400,000+ earners, which is taxed @ 39.6%+state taxes. Minimum (long term gains) is now 20%+state, up from 15%+state.

The maximum dividend rate for is 39.6% +state for foreign investment, or 20%+state if you invest long term (defined as >120 days) in companies that are incorporated (and taxed) in the U.S. It's also unchanged except the reintroduction of the 39.6% bracket up from the 35% top bracket.

Of course, dividends come from taxed profits, but if you are investing in a foreign company, their profits are not being taxed. Thus, the max becomes:

Qualified dividends (i.e. a U.S. taxed Company): (against original corporate income)

35% (max corporate rate) + 9.75% (15% of 65%) + state = 44.75% + state (49.38% in Colorado)

The above assumes a company paying their marginal rate, which is almost never the case. The average effective tax rate for a corporation is 12.6%, making the above:

12.6% + 13% (15% of 87.4%) + state = 25.6% + state (30.23% in Colorado)

Regular Dividends (investing in a foreign company):

0% + 39.6% + state = 39.6% + state (44.23% in colorado)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualified_dividend

For an upper middle class person/family in Colorado ($150,000 single taxpayer, Colorado), the typical rates are:

Qualified Dividends: 29.4% (rate including average corporate ETR)
Long Term Gains: 23.8% (new 2013 rate, was 19.63%)
Short Term Gains: 31.8%

Compare this to an average federal tax rate on regular income (read, income derived from adding value to the economy) in that bracket (using $150,000 Gross income)

20% (income with tons of deductions ETR, could easily be much higher) + ~13% (FICA est) + 3.8% (state ETR) = 37%

(EDIT: corrected based on > 113000 income being regressive under FICA)
(EDIT2: all rates corrected for state ETR vs state MTR)

...and, you know why I'm hoping to expand the portion of my income derived from caps and divs. Actually producing something of worth in the economy is taxed far more than sitting on your ass making money from money. Which is why our society and economy are fundamentally broken.

Bronco Yoda
11-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Agreed.

Not kill them. Make them efficient to where they are actually writing contracts, negotiating, and closing the deal. In other words getting paid for the services they actually perform thus savy everybody money and saving the agents time. It's a win win.

The days of having to drive someone around are just about over. Most people find their own homes anyway yet still pay 3% to the agent. Pointless.

We're changing the way buyers AND sellers find one another. Agents will still be needed to put the pieces together unless both parties are experienced with buying/selling. Unlikely.

Trying to figure out how to fix the "idiot lenders" but there have been over 200 pieces of legislation from our Idiot government to regulate them the last few years so most have no clue what they are doing. Just joking with the idiot lender crack. There are some good ones left in the industry.

Sounds like an exciting idea. Good luck my friend. We can all say we knew you 'when'. :thumbs:

Rohirrim
11-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Warren Buffet has over 2 billion invested in Walmart and you're right it's easy to understand unless you’re a liberal that thinks Walmart is doomed for failure.

I doubt that anybody thinks Walmart is doomed to failure, just that their business model is highly unethical, immoral and bad for our country.

Arkie
11-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Where in the hell are they making that sh*t up from?

Let's say you make $100 in pre tax earnings on an American company. $39.20 goes to corporate taxes. Your after tax earnings are now $60.80 taxed again at 20% capital gains. Your after-after tax earnings are now $48.64 and that's already lower than half your original income without even adding in the state taxes yet. There's not another country in the world with higher double taxation.

Fedaykin
11-15-2013, 01:11 AM
Let's say you make $100 in pre tax earnings on an American company. $39.20 goes to corporate taxes. Your after tax earnings are now $60.80 taxed again at 20% capital gains. Your after-after tax earnings are now $48.64 and that's already lower than half your original income without even adding in the state taxes yet. There's not another country in the world with higher double taxation.

Actually read my post, then try again.

Fedaykin
11-15-2013, 01:14 AM
Repeat after me x100:

My marginal tax rate does not describe the overall tax I pay.

Pony Boy
12-10-2013, 02:21 PM

I'm starting to fell like I made a pretty good investment (I mean gamble) when I jump heavy on this stock in November.

Twitter stock hits $52

Twitter's stock price climbed nearly 6 percent in Tuesday trading, reaching a new record closing level of $51.99.

The pricey stock has jumped since the company said Dec. 5 it would use ad retargeting to boost revenue. Based on a user's browsing history on company websites, tailored advertising would be fed into the user's Twitter interface, including appearing on mobile devices.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/blog/2013/12/twitter-stock-hits-52.html

DenverBrit
12-10-2013, 03:02 PM
I'm starting to fell like I made a pretty good investment (I mean gamble) when I jump heavy on this stock in November.

Twitter stock hits $52

Twitter's stock price climbed nearly 6 percent in Tuesday trading, reaching a new record closing level of $51.99.

The pricey stock has jumped since the company said Dec. 5 it would use ad retargeting to boost revenue. Based on a user's browsing history on company websites, tailored advertising would be fed into the user's Twitter interface, including appearing on mobile devices.

Did you use bitcoins? ;)

Fedaykin
12-10-2013, 03:59 PM

Twitter stock hits $52

Did I say you couldn't win the gamble?

Pony Boy
12-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Did you use bitcoins? ;)

No but I'm glad I didn't take David Weidner's advice,

David Weidner's article is spot on. ;D

Your Twitter investment is doomed — here’s why
Commentary: Even successful companies find it hard to overcome hype

Fedaykin
12-10-2013, 07:13 PM

Short term gains in a company that doesn't have anywhere near the earning potential its current valuation requires does not mean much.

DenverBrit
12-10-2013, 08:27 PM

Give it time, it's early days. But as you're invested, hopefully he is wrong.

Pony Boy
12-26-2013, 11:37 AM
Short term gains in a company that doesn't have anywhere near the earning potential its current valuation requires does not mean much.

Twitter IncNYSE: TWTR
Dec 26 2:32 PM ET

71.63+1.67 (2.39%)

71.63 a share ......... Merry Christmas to me ......

Fedaykin
12-27-2013, 07:13 PM
Twitter IncNYSE: TWTR
Dec 26 2:32 PM ET

71.63+1.67 (2.39%)

71.63 a share ......... Merry Christmas to me ......

Hope you got out before today.

63.75-9.56 (-13.04%)

Pony Boy
12-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Hope you got out before today.

63.75-9.56 (-13.04%)

No, I'm still in a great position but millions did take profits when it went over $70 and possibly caused the drop in value. This drop will create a great opportunity for them and new buyers to get back in at a lower price before the New Year.

Guess Who
01-01-2014, 01:27 AM

You cannot go wrong for the next year or so.

What I am looking at is google. They are running a test in Kansas City on new fiber optic lines. It is supposed to be revolutionary. Their stock is already pricey but I see it going through the roof.

Also there are two companies I feel out in the front of this 3D Printing. 3d Printing is going to blow up in the next 2 years. It is an exciting time no doubt.

Arkie
01-01-2014, 07:30 AM
Also there are two companies I feel out in the front of this 3D Printing. 3d Printing is going to blow up in the next 2 years. It is an exciting time no doubt.

What companies are in front?

Guess Who
01-01-2014, 11:07 AM
What companies are in front?

I am looking at Stratasys and 3D Systems. Their stock has already started to take off so price is a little high but they are larger companies and will be able to adapt and expand easily as the demand grows.

http://www.stratasys.com/

http://www.3dsystems.com/

I think a lot of the smaller companies will get absorbed or overtaken when the **** hits the fire.

Fedaykin
02-06-2014, 01:25 PM
No, I'm still in a great position but millions did take profits when it went over $70 and possibly caused the drop in value. This drop will create a great opportunity for them and new buyers to get back in at a lower price before the New Year.

2/6

-15.94 (-24.16%)

Why? Even wall street realizes Twitter has no future.

Hope you took your profits and ran PB.

cutthemdown
02-06-2014, 02:38 PM
How will Twitter generate revenue high enough to be a big money maker? Can they advertise along with people's tweet's? Or charge companies to do advertising type tweets? I'm not getting it really? Facebook has a better platform to advertise don't they?

Pony Boy
02-06-2014, 02:57 PM
2/6

-15.94 (-24.16%)

Why? Even wall street realizes Twitter has no future.

Hope you took your profits and ran PB.

I moved a lot of Twitter just after the first of the year but still remain invested with an auto sell at $45. I am watching the stock closely and I consult with 2 analysts that have been rock solid the past 10 years. They are both equally divided on Twitter but both are starting to get a little cautious on Facebook.

It’s interesting that one of the concerns seems to be getting Mom to use Twitter and on the other hand young people are moving away from Facebook because it has become the choice of Mom and Grandma. Go figure …….

Pony Boy
02-06-2014, 03:03 PM
How will Twitter generate revenue high enough to be a big money maker? Can they advertise along with people's tweet's? Or charge companies to do advertising type tweets? I'm not getting it really? Facebook has a better platform to advertise don't they?

Twitter generated better that expected revenue of $243 million in its first results since the IPO but it's the user growth that spooked the share holders.

Fedaykin
02-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Twitter generated better that expected revenue of $243 million in its first results since the IPO but it's the user growth that spooked the share holders.

Which is the why of my comment: Twitter has no future. It's a glorified RSS feed. Nothing innovative (unless you consider an arbitrary limit to the size of RSS content innovative), and no plan or path to expanding its revenues.

It's got the same problem as Facebook. It's a fad and will be replaced by something sooner or later. It's a company with no core competency other than having a fad product. Just like a long litany of other "social media" websites

Pony Boy
02-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Marijuana Stocks with Potentially Strong Niches:

Medbox, Inc. (otc pink:MDBX), Creative Edge Nutrition Inc.'s (otc pink:FITX), Medical Marijuana Inc. (otc pink:MJNA)

Don't laugh........ When other states go onboard these companies will be way ahead of the game.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/3-marijuana-stocks-with-potentially-strong-niches-medbox-inc-otc-pink-mdbx-creative-edge-nutrition-incs-otc-pink-fitx-medical-marijuana-inc-otc-pink-mjna-2014-02-06?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Guess Who
02-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Google is working on some high tech fiber optic lines that are going to revolutionize internet and communication as we kow it. Just google, "Google fiber optic lines, Kansas City"

https://fiber.google.com/about/

If you have any extra money you want to diversify google is a great place, although it is expensive now it will get much higher.

In July 2012, pricing for Google Fiber was announced. The service offers three options. These include a free broadband internet option, a 1 Gbit/s internet option for $70 per month and a version that includes television service for $120 per month. The internet service includes one terabyte of Google Drive service and the television service includes a two terabyte DVR recorder in addition to the Google Drive service. The DVR will record up to eight live television shows simultaneously. The television options also include a Nexus 7 tablet that will act as a remote control for the system. In addition, television service will also stream live program content on iPad and Android tablet computers. Neighborhoods that receive the service will be selected based on demand.[5]

cutthemdown
02-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Google is working on some high tech fiber optic lines that are going to revolutionize internet and communication as we kow it. Just google, "Google fiber optic lines, Kansas City"

https://fiber.google.com/about/

If you have any extra money you want to diversify google is a great place, although it is expensive now it will get much higher.

In July 2012, pricing for Google Fiber was announced. The service offers three options. These include a free broadband internet option, a 1 Gbit/s internet option for $70 per month and a version that includes television service for $120 per month. The internet service includes one terabyte of Google Drive service and the television service includes a two terabyte DVR recorder in addition to the Google Drive service. The DVR will record up to eight live television shows simultaneously. The television options also include a Nexus 7 tablet that will act as a remote control for the system. In addition, television service will also stream live program content on iPad and Android tablet computers. Neighborhoods that receive the service will be selected based on demand.[5]

I pay 137 a month for verizon high speed fiber optic internet, tv with HBO and the 2nd tier which includes nfl network, espn etc, and a landline telephone. Not sure about long distance on that i never call long distance. I think certain long distance calls i pay more.

Guess Who
02-07-2014, 09:29 AM
I pay 137 a month for verizon high speed fiber optic internet, tv with HBO and the 2nd tier which includes nfl network, espn etc, and a landline telephone. Not sure about long distance on that i never call long distance. I think certain long distance calls i pay more.

I have no idea about Verizon but the Google fiber optics are supposed to be very fast and will make internet, playing video games and surfing internet on multiple devices at once a piece of cake. Supposed to be the next generation stuff and Google is going to move with it very quickly.