PDA

View Full Version : Nice and quiet in here...

houghtam
09-18-2013, 10:07 AM
Ahhhh...

Enjoy the respite while you can, brothers.

Whoever is responsible for giving us these last few days of peace deserves a huge thank you.

;D

Meck77
09-18-2013, 10:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

I think after 13 years in this forum the old timers have come to the same conclusion. While some battle the party lines to the bitter end insulting one another the reality is it's all BS.

Carlin sums it up in 3:15 seconds. You can spend your days wasting time telling others they are wrong, working for someone else, working for the owners, or get your **** together.

The notion that it's better in other countries Mexico is even more absurd.

There is an amazing amount of opportunity in America if you take what Carlin has to heart. We won't be part of the club but you can ride the same trends the big boys do but you have to be aware of them.

Rohirrim
09-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Opportunity my ass.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rj-eskow/your-household-lost-seven_b_3945247.html

Methinks you have hopelessly misread Carlin's point.

Rohirrim
09-18-2013, 11:54 AM
Ahhhh...

Enjoy the respite while you can, brothers.

Whoever is responsible for giving us these last few days of peace deserves a huge thank you.

;D

Perhaps reality is actually starting to get through to a few people?

Pony Boy
09-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Carlin sums it up in 3:15 seconds. You can spend your days wasting time telling others they are wrong, working for someone else, working for the owners, or get your **** together.

JFC folks open your eyes, I see business opportunities everywhere I go and in everything I do.

W*GS
09-18-2013, 12:02 PM
JFC folks open your eyes, I see business opportunities everywhere I go and in everything I do.

Pony Boy working:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01404/prostitute_1404310c.jpg

Rohirrim
09-18-2013, 12:06 PM

You a bankruptcy attorney?

houghtam
09-18-2013, 12:15 PM

I think after 13 years in this forum the old timers have come to the same conclusion. While some battle the party lines to the bitter end insulting one another the reality is it's all BS.

There is an amazing amount of opportunity in America if you take what Carlin has to heart. We won't be part of the club but you can ride the same trends the big boys do but you have to be aware of them.

Uhh

This is a great example of taking what someone says and applying your own interpretation without knowing who the person was who said it. My guess is 100 years from now after everyone who saw him speak and knew what he stood for, people like you will quote Carlin as a champion of capitalism.

Makes me wonder how many other people's quotes have been co-opted and corrupted over the years. I'm sure we can start with the Founding Fathers.

Rohirrim
09-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Funny to see how the Heritage Foundation reads TR's "The New Nationalism" speech through their libertarian colored glasses: http://www.heritage.org/initiatives/first-principles/primary-sources/teddy-roosevelts-new-nationalism

The out-of-control greed at the top guarantees that we're headed for class conflict.

Meck77
09-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Perhaps reality is actually starting to get through to a few people?

I think it is. The turning point may have been Obama backing down to Putin. Congress taking a stand and maybe just maybe not listening to the owners saying let's bomb another country.

There is a huge amount of opportunity for the haves. No question about it. Carlin isn't talking about them.

Tens of millions lost their homes to the owners. These owners are now selling them at close to the prices they were pre bust. Just one example.

One doesn't need millions to follow their lead. There is a very clear distinct trend when you are tuned in and it's the best mutual fund one can be in.

ant1999e
09-18-2013, 12:42 PM
You people need to realize that you don't know everything and you aren't always right. Have some humility.

Pony Boy
09-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Pony Boy working:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01404/prostitute_1404310c.jpg

I see your point and it would be a good topic for discussion but you have to put up with crap like this. It will never change ...........

Meck77
09-18-2013, 12:49 PM
I see your point and it would be a good topic for discussion but you have to put up with crap like this. It will never change ...........

Pony Boy I don't agree with everything Carlin says but he really does make it a point to call out BS.

We can only really take care of our own BS before we can help someone else with theirs. I've always had a low tolerance for BS but I think my meter has been reset.

For crying out loud we have people trying to convince us there are lizard people walking among us, that we should accept higher taxes because it's the right thing to do, we should give up our guns because mentally insane people go on shooting sprees and that maybe the government brainwashed them into doing it....so on and so on. lol

Anyway fellas enjoy the day. It was quiet in here. Maybe carlins little rant will kick up some activity! ;D

Rigs11
09-18-2013, 01:59 PM
well the GOP did present a plan to replace obamacare, no specifics of course including how much it would cost.

El Minion
09-18-2013, 02:05 PM
well the GOP did present a plan to replace obamacare, no specifics of course including how much it would cost.

Romney:

Well, we do provide care for people who don't have insurance, people -- we- if someone has a heart attack, they don't sit in their apartment and die. We pick them up in an ambulance, and take them to the hospital, and give them care. And different states have different ways of providing for that care...Some provide that care through clinics. Some provide the care through emergency rooms. In my state, we found a solution that worked for my state. But I wouldn't take what we did in Massachusetts and say to Texas, "You've got to take the Massachusetts model."

Rohirrim
09-18-2013, 02:15 PM
You people need to realize that you don't know everything and you aren't always right. Have some humility.

I don't know who you're referring to here, but all I do is look at history and then watch it get repeated, over and over again.

houghtam
09-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Romney:

Romney also advocated starting a business by borrowing money from your parents, which sounds suspiciously like what Meck is suggesting.

Meck77
09-18-2013, 03:44 PM
More BS from the fed! Been calling their BS they are going to taper off QE for many months now. Straight up liars.

$85,000,000,000 a month. A month! A month!

Well like I said. You got to follow the trend of the big boys....

Rohirrim
09-19-2013, 08:46 AM
IMHO, as long as we continue to allow this extreme inequality to continue, our economy will continue to stagnate or regress. We have allowed the creation of a (supposedly) consumer-based system that removes wealth from those who would spend it and funnels it to those who won't. It's like tying a bungee cord around your neck and jumping from a bridge. Sure, you won't hit the bottom, but it won't really matter. We need an economy that serves the interests of more than just 1% of the people. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-reich/free-market_b_3935173.html

It's always interesting to me to hear the spokesmen for the rich blame it on globalization. "We can't do anything about job loss or wealth redistribution because it's just the forces of globalization at work," is their whine. Meanwhile, their income goes up a third.

Any minute now, trickle down will begin. :rofl:

Fedaykin
09-19-2013, 10:08 AM
IMHO, as long as we continue to allow this extreme inequality to continue, our economy will continue to stagnate or regress. We have allowed the creation of a (supposedly) consumer-based system that removes wealth from those who would spend it and funnels it to those who won't. It's like tying a bungee cord around your neck and jumping from a bridge. Sure, you won't hit the bottom, but it won't really matter. We need an economy that serves the interests of more than just 1% of the people. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-reich/free-market_b_3935173.html

It's always interesting to me to hear the spokesmen for the rich blame it on globalization. "We can't do anything about job loss or wealth redistribution because it's just the forces of globalization at work," is their whine. Meanwhile, their income goes up a third.

Any minute now, trickle down will begin. :rofl:

Yep, t continually amazes me how many people simple can't wrap their pea brains around the idea that without demand for goods and services generated by the masses, there won't be a single new job created no matter how much money you shovel at the "job creators".

Rohirrim
09-19-2013, 10:50 AM
Yep, t continually amazes me how many people simple can't wrap their pea brains around the idea that without demand for goods and services generated by the masses, there won't be a single new job created no matter how much money you shovel at the "job creators".

The only jobs they seem able to create is for more bank tellers in the Caymans. ;D

TonyR
09-19-2013, 12:31 PM
The turning point may have been Obama backing down to Putin.

Always consider other perspectives, and not just those force fed to you.

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/09/15/quote-for-the-day-264/

Meck77
09-19-2013, 01:08 PM

Yup...opinions are like aholes!

It's estimated Mother Russia has sold $5,000,000,000 worth of weapons to syria.

We're just trying to figure out how to keep our own government from shutting down.

Russia basically is playing 5 card draw with two Aces on the draw.

We're holding a 2, 4, 8, 5 and jack=Jack ****.

I'm fine with it really. Russia can flex it's muscle in the middle east. Let them. It hasn't done us any good the last 15 years or more. If israel doesn't like it they can take on russia!

Rohirrim
09-19-2013, 01:56 PM
1% got 95% of recovery gains:
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/hedge-fund-billionaire-feds-move-fantastic-rich-4B11199524

houghtam
09-19-2013, 02:27 PM

I love how he also says Obama "backed down" to Putin and Congress "took a stand".

Congress didn't do anything, they didn't even have a vote. They could have, but they didn't because they didn't want to air that dirty laundry in the midterms. Now everyone can say they were right.

Can't have it both ways.

Fedaykin
09-19-2013, 08:23 PM

How in the seven hells do you get the above from (loosely quoted):

"They (the real owners) gotcha by the balls .. they want more for themselves and less for everyone else .. they don't want people smart enough to to figure out how badly they're getting ****ed by the system that through them over 30 years ago ... they'll get it all .. it's a big club, and you ain't in it.

It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it."

You do have any clue what the significance of the "30 years ago" comment means?

houghtam
09-19-2013, 08:35 PM

"They (the real owners) gotcha by the balls .. they want more for themselves and less for everyone else .. they don't want people smart enough to to figure out how badly they're getting ****ed by the system that through them over 30 years ago ... they'll get it all .. it's a big club, and you ain't in it.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3589997&postcount=2010

And here is the full text quote from that rant, from when I posted it over a year ago. In the context of the discussion, that's much closer to Carlin's original intent.

There's a reason for this, there's a reason education sucks, and it's the same reason it will never ever ever be fixed. It's never going to get any better. Don't look for it. Be happy with what you've got... because the owners of this country donít want that. I'm talking about the real owners now... the real owners. The big wealthy business interests that control things and make all the important decisions. Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice. You donít. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own and control the corporations. Theyíve long since bought and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the state houses, the city halls. They got the judges in their back pockets and they own all the big media companies, so they control just about all of the news and information you get to hear. They got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying. Lobbying to get what they want. Well, we know what they want. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else, but Iíll tell you what they donít want. They donít want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They donít want well-informed, well-educated people capable of critical thinking. Theyíre not interested in that. That doesnít help them. Thatís against their interests. Thatís right. They donít want people who are smart enough to sit around a kitchen table and think about how badly theyíre getting ****ed by a system that threw them overboard 30 ****iní years ago. They donít want that. You know what they want? They want obedient workers. Obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly ****tier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime and vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it. And now theyíre coming for your Social Security money. They want your ****in' retirement money. They want it back so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street. And you know something? Theyíll get it. Theyíll get it all from you sooner or later 'cause they own this ****in' place. Itís a big club and you ain't in it. You and I are not in the big club. By the way, itís the same big club they use to beat you over the head with all day long when they tell you what to believe. All day long beating you over the head with their media telling you what to believe, what to think and what to buy. The table is tilted, folks. The game is rigged and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. Good, honest, hard-working people: white collar, blue collar, it doesnít matter what color shirt you have on. Good, honest, hard-working people continue ó these are people of modest means ó continue to elect these rich **********s who donít give a **** about them. They donít give a **** about you. They donít give a **** about you. They donít care about you at all! At all! At all! And nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. Thatís what the owners count on. The fact that Americans will probably remain willfully ignorant of the big red, white and blue dick thatís being jammed up their a-holes every day, because the owners of this country know the truth. Itís called the American Dream, 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it.

peacepipe
09-20-2013, 06:15 AM
Yup...opinions are like aholes!

It's estimated Mother Russia has sold $5,000,000,000 worth of weapons to syria.

We're just trying to figure out how to keep our own government from shutting down.

Russia basically is playing 5 card draw with two Aces on the draw.

We're holding a 2, 4, 8, 5 and jack=Jack ****.

I'm fine with it really. Russia can flex it's muscle in the middle east. Let them. It hasn't done us any good the last 15 years or more. If israel doesn't like it they can take on russia!russia isn't holding ****. they never did hold anything.
congress never took a stand & obama never back down but you being a perfect example of this opinions are like assholes.

peacepipe
09-20-2013, 06:18 AM

he never will have a clue,he's too fixated on his own little conservative fantasyland.

peacepipe
09-20-2013, 06:20 AM
I love how he also says Obama "backed down" to Putin and Congress "took a stand".

Congress didn't do anything, they didn't even have a vote. They could have, but they didn't because they didn't want to air that dirty laundry in the midterms. Now everyone can say they were right.

Can't have it both ways.

rep.

barryr
09-21-2013, 06:24 AM
The liberals claim to be for tolerance and open-mindedness, but reality is they like it when only surrounded by their ilk. They like a world where dissent is silenced(not theirs of course) and those are threatened to keep differing opinions quiet. Many people around here, including me, don't spend as much time around here since the level of liberal circle jerk is pathetic and nothing new. The same routine day after day, with no originality. "Oh, it's so quiet and peaceful." Yeah, because most people find you boring LOL