PDA

View Full Version : OrangeMane Podcast - Episode 33 - vs. Baltimore Ravens

Taco John
09-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Download Episode 33 - vs. Baltimore Ravens (http://k002.kiwi6.com/hotlink/0z3ol9m5yd/130910_orangemanepodcast_33.mp3)
(right click - save as)

KevinJames
09-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Yooooo thanks for this much appreciated guys I got a project for a client ima be workin on all night this will help me breeze right through it. Good timing!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
09-10-2013, 11:36 PM
YYYEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SeedReaver
09-11-2013, 01:10 AM
I came at "bonanza"

The transitioning between topics was a little abrupt, but you guys improve so quickly throughout the season.

Where was SoCal and sirhcyennek?

pricejj
09-11-2013, 02:25 AM
Wow. That was some of the best Broncos/football commentary I have ever heard. :sunshine:

Shaping up for probably the last Manning Bowl ever, and Eli's last chance to beat his older brother Peyton.

broncogary
09-11-2013, 06:48 AM
Very professionally done. Best podcast yet.

Rabb
09-11-2013, 07:16 AM
This has probably been asked before but is there a place to subscribe or is it manual download only?

Vegas_Bronco
09-11-2013, 07:31 AM
So you have a reverend, a mormon and taco conversing? I'm in.

Kaylore
09-11-2013, 07:44 AM
So you have a reverend, a mormon and taco conversing? I'm in.

And the Taco is in charge.

Vegas_Bronco
09-11-2013, 08:16 AM

GreatBronco16
09-11-2013, 08:21 AM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJRucSM0FVit1E09CWIIcWZe7OxBX2l vsOKv3bgOXbONGhjNQN

Rabb
09-11-2013, 08:23 AM

I know in my house it is.

Taco John
09-11-2013, 08:41 AM

http://i.imgur.com/8wyxaZi.jpg

Bronco Boy
09-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Great job guys. Very good listen.

BFDD
09-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Listening while brewing our imperial IPA.

Maybe some day you guys could get the dude from YouTube "that's good broncos"?

Rabb
09-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Very good stuff guys, thank you...well done!

Dr. Broncenstein
09-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Thanks fellas I really enjoyed this

ColoradoDarin
09-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Anyone else sing "Nacho Nacho Man, I want to be a Nacho Man"? When Duke makes a play?

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/1CWK5Tzss8Q?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/1CWK5Tzss8Q?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Dr. Broncenstein
09-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Anyone else sing "Nacho Nacho Man, I want to be a Nacho Man"? When Duke makes a play?

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/1CWK5Tzss8Q?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/1CWK5Tzss8Q?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Nope. Never occurred to me.

ColoradoDarin
09-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Nope. Never occurred to me.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/L_mrNQBLSMU?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/L_mrNQBLSMU?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Rohirrim
09-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Nice stuff. Thoroughly enjoyable (except for that opening music which I think was the theme song from Airwolf, or something ;)) Agree that this offense is a nightmare to match up with (YAY!), but I do think that it was a slow start for the Broncos, and I'm willing to go with PM's explanation that it was the weather delay. I think the Broncos could have pegged another 21 on the Ravens if they had come out in the first quarter the way they came out in the third. After the game, like Manning said, the Broncos are not even firing on all cylinders yet. In other words, they don't know how good they are. I think Kahn hinted at this. This team may be a whole lot better than any of us think. If we do the same thing to the Giants, the rest of the NFL is going to go, "Whoa!"

I also agree that OJ is looking like a young TG, in my honest opinion. He looks like a man among men. The blocking problems I don't really care about. Like Sharpe, he's an offensive weapon first. Rev made a great point about Justin Tuck. We'll see Sunday.

Loved the comments about Welker. Again, the Broncos are a match-up nightmare and we have a QB who has the ability to take advantage of every mis-match.

Loved Rev's insights on the running game. I'm more of a CJ guy still. He seems to have that cut back/hit the hole style that will excel in play action with ZB. (Kaylore just had to throw that BYU stuff in. ;D)

Loved the highlighting of Gase. What a difference he has made!

Loved the Oline discussion. Agree with all. It's better than what you would think if you just read the Mane.

TJ did a great moderating job. Great lead-in to defense discussion. :thumbs:

Agree with Rev on DRC. Awesome exhibition. Also, Rev creates a little controversy with his Champ comment (being third best). Interested to see where that goes. ;D

Loved Kaylore's discussion of the secondary. Well done. I'm slowly being inoculated against my Rahim hatred. (It doesn't help that he was a Bruin)

I would like to have heard more about Shaun Phillips. Besides bringing the pass rush a few times, that play where he fell back into coverage and forced Flacco to throw it OB was awesome. He saw that on his own and acted on it. He's looking like he's found new life on the Broncos.

I agree with Rev's call on this Sunday. Were going to curb stomp them. ;D

Rev's discussion of using OJ was awesome (though it probably could use some diagrams) ;D

Kahn's discussion of Mormon underwear made me uncomfortable.

Really enjoyed it. Excellent show. Should be on the air. Kudos to Taco "Duke" John, "Cougar" Kahn and The Rev.

ColoradoDarin
09-11-2013, 10:37 AM
I don't want to become a Mormon, but I might just have to get some magic camo underwear.

Kaylore
09-11-2013, 11:09 AM
I just finished it. I need to say um much less. I was surprised that you couldn't tell I was getting over a cold.

Also, everyone should wear my underwear.

Rohirrim
09-11-2013, 11:14 AM
I just finished it. I need to say um much less. I was surprised that you couldn't tell I was getting over a cold.

Also, everyone should wear my underwear.

Sorry. I'm a commando. ;D

CEH
09-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Nice stuff. Thoroughly enjoyable (except for that opening music which I think was the theme song from Airwolf, or something ;)) Agree that this offense is a nightmare to match up with (YAY!), but I do think that it was a slow start for the Broncos, and I'm willing to go with PM's explanation that it was the weather delay. I think the Broncos could have pegged another 21 on the Ravens if they had come out in the first quarter the way they came out in the third. After the game, like Manning said, the Broncos are not even firing on all cylinders yet. In other words, they don't know how good they are. I think Kahn hinted at this. This team may be a whole lot better than any of us think. If we do the same thing to the Giants, the rest of the NFL is going to go, "Whoa!"

I also agree that OJ is looking like a young TG, in my honest opinion. He looks like a man among men. The blocking problems I don't really care about. Like Sharpe, he's an offensive weapon first. Rev made a great point about Justin Tuck. We'll see Sunday.

Loved the comments about Welker. Again, the Broncos are a match-up nightmare and we have a QB who has the ability to take advantage of every mis-match.

Loved Rev's insights on the running game. I'm more of a CJ guy still. He seems to have that cut back/hit the hole style that will excel in play action with ZB. (Kaylore just had to throw that BYU stuff in. ;D)

Loved the highlighting of Gase. What a difference he has made!

Loved the Oline discussion. Agree with all. It's better than what you would think if you just read the Mane.

TJ did a great moderating job. Great lead-in to defense discussion. :thumbs:

Agree with Rev on DRC. Awesome exhibition. Also, Rev creates a little controversy with his Champ comment (being third best). Interested to see where that goes. ;D

Loved Kaylore's discussion of the secondary. Well done. I'm slowly being inoculated against my Rahim hatred. (It doesn't help that he was a Bruin)

I would like to have heard more about Shaun Phillips. Besides bringing the pass rush a few times, that play where he fell back into coverage and forced Flacco to throw it OB was awesome. He saw that on his own and acted on it. He's looking like he's found new life on the Broncos.

I agree with Rev's call on this Sunday. Were going to curb stomp them. ;D

Rev's discussion of using OJ was awesome (though it probably could use some diagrams) ;D

Kahn's discussion of Mormon underwear made me uncomfortable.

Really enjoyed it. Excellent show. Should be on the air. Kudos to Taco "Duke" John, "Cougar" Kahn and The Rev.

If think JT is closer in statue and style to Kellen Winslow Sr. 6-5 260 runs the same lumbering style and dominates the seam routes just like KW did in his prime

Rohirrim
09-11-2013, 12:06 PM
If think JT is closer in statue and style to Kellen Winslow Sr. 6-5 260 runs the same lumbering style and dominates the seam routes just like KW did in his prime

I can be happy with that. ;D

Rabb
09-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Rev touched on something I almost asked in the question thread but didn't want to get flamed by the masses. Champ isn't the best CB we have anymore, and in some ways the secondary could be better without him.

Before anyone ****ing destroys me here, I am an enormous fan of Champ and want him back.

DENVERDUI55
09-11-2013, 12:19 PM
I listened for the first 25 min so far. As far as the slow starts it is very similar to last year. Denver played close first half and blew the game open in the second half. Cincinatti, Baltimore, Pittsburgh. It is just they way that we play with Manning.

Bronco Boy
09-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Rev touched on something I almost asked in the question thread but didn't want to get flamed by the masses. Champ isn't the best CB we have anymore, and in some ways the secondary could be better without him.

Before anyone ****ing destroys me here, I am an enormous fan of Champ and want him back.

I agree. He might actually be our 4th best corner.

Irish Stout
09-11-2013, 12:46 PM

You suck RABB!!!! You don't know anything. You don't want Champ back, you just want him to be hurt forever.

ColoradoDarin
09-11-2013, 12:49 PM

Then he could be the best 4th CB in the NFL too!

Irish Stout
09-11-2013, 12:53 PM
I have to make a comment on the comment that Welker is like Stokely in his prime... I think Welker is better than Stokely in his prime. That being said, Stokely is one of my favorite Broncos and I wish he could still be here this year. Dude helped us bag Manning.

Rabb
09-11-2013, 12:59 PM
I have to make a comment on the comment that Welker is like Stokely in his prime... I think Welker is better than Stokely in his prime. That being said, Stokely is one of my favorite Broncos and I wish he could still be here this year. Dude helped us bag Manning.

WHY DO YOU HATE STOKELY?!?!?! TURN YOUR FAN CARD IN, MONSTER!!!!!!!

Bronco Yoda
09-11-2013, 01:04 PM
How did the RB's & TE's block? I missed the second half and don't have all 22.

Also, how did our backfield cover? From the little I saw of the game it seemed that we benefited from some ratbird overthrows and dropsies. Could have sworn I seen some wide open targets that Flacboy just didn't see. But like i said i didn't really get to pay attention to it live not knowing that my DVR would screw up the recording.

TheReverend
09-11-2013, 01:34 PM

I touched on it because it's "COULD" not "is". We don't know yet, but with Harris' growth and DRC's return to form, it's certainly a possibility.

BroncoBeavis
09-11-2013, 01:38 PM

Let's see the guy on the field before we get too carried away, kids.

edog24
09-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Elvis "the office" Dumervil, awesome!

Stan
09-11-2013, 01:47 PM
I don't have a problem with a Rev's statement that he could be the 3rd best on the team. I am very pleased with the way DRC looked but I need to see it over a prolonged period of time and I am a big Harris fan but I would have a hard time placing Carter ahead of Bailey. I will take a healthy Bailey every day of the week ahead of Carter. Nothing against Carter but come on.

g6matty
09-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Am i the only person who doesnt think orange julius is this athletic tight end. I mean he makes some one handed catches but who doesnt in the nfl. When he gets the ball in his hands he doesnt make 'football moves' . For example when he caught that short comeback route and turned it up for like 20 yards orw.e he ran in a circle to get away from the defender. He just does **** ive never seen before

Irish Stout
09-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Am i the only person who doesnt think orange julius is this athletic tight end. I mean he makes some one handed catches but who doesnt in the nfl. When he gets the ball in his hands he doesnt make 'football moves' . For example when he caught that short comeback route and turned it up for like 20 yards orw.e he ran in a circle to get away from the defender. He just does **** ive never seen before

wut

ColoradoDarin
09-11-2013, 02:29 PM

http://imgix.8tracks.com/mix_covers/000/425/283/41626.original.jpg

CEH
09-11-2013, 02:43 PM

I would recommend watching the 1982 Mia/Sd playoff game and watch Winslow run the seam routes and the check downs and compared those routes to what JT did Thursday night. I think you will see more similarities than differences.

Archer81
09-11-2013, 02:47 PM

So...the issue is he did not use a football move to catch a short pass and turn it into a 30+ yard gain? Is that the problem here?

:Broncos:

Archer81
09-11-2013, 02:49 PM
I came at "bonanza"

The transitioning between topics was a little abrupt, but you guys improve so quickly throughout the season.

Where was SoCal and sirhcyennek?

My internet has been a bitch lately. Connects for a minute, disconnects for three. Its an issue with Centurylink. All I can basically do about it is reset the modem and wait. So far today it's been alright. I will be on the podcast next week.

Chris
09-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Last season I was sitting listening to this in an office in New York, now I'm doing it in my Berlin apartment. The podcast remains the same. YOSSSSSSS!

ColoradoDarin
09-11-2013, 03:00 PM
My internet has been a b**** lately. Connects for a minute, disconnects for three. Its an issue with Centurylink. All I can basically do about it is reset the modem and wait. So far today it's been alright. I will be on the podcast next week.

I had that last year, 'twas the modem.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-11-2013, 03:26 PM

Pass whatever youre smoking please?

Kaylore
09-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Am i the only person who doesnt think orange julius is this athletic tight end.

Yes.

Archer81
09-11-2013, 03:35 PM
I had that last year, 'twas the modem.

Centurylink thinks so, too. Now on modem number 3.

Chris
09-11-2013, 03:35 PM
g6gonebattybathsalzburg

Br0nc0Buster
09-11-2013, 03:44 PM
as great as DRC was in man coverage, he blew two plays in zone

One in the first quarter I think when Torrey Smith caught a ball for a first down and Chris Harris tackled him
Harris was PO'd at DRC

The other when DRC let Torrey Smith get behind him and he was wide open

That was the play when we blitzed and Flacco didnt see him

g6matty
09-11-2013, 04:00 PM
I stand by wat i said and have thought this everytime i seen him play.

Eldorado
09-11-2013, 04:16 PM

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/087/e/1/profile_picture_by_watfaceplz-d4u7trn.png

Rohirrim
09-11-2013, 04:26 PM
My internet has been a b**** lately. Connects for a minute, disconnects for three. Its an issue with Centurylink. All I can basically do about it is reset the modem and wait. So far today it's been alright. I will be on the podcast next week.

Centurylink? I just disengaged with those pirates. Worst... company... ever.

Rohirrim
09-11-2013, 04:28 PM
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/087/e/1/profile_picture_by_watfaceplz-d4u7trn.png

He means this place http://wikitravel.org/upload/en/thumb/2/2a/Angkor_lake.jpg/400px-Angkor_lake.jpg

Chris
09-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Khan's mormanswers are some of the funniest **** I is ever hoird.

McDman
09-11-2013, 04:53 PM
as great as DRC was in man coverage, he blew two plays in zone

One in the first quarter I think when Torrey Smith caught a ball for a first down and Chris Harris tackled him
Harris was PO'd at DRC

The other when DRC let Torrey Smith get behind him and he was wide open

That was the play when we blitzed and Flacco didnt see him

Harris got really mad. Shows he knows not only what he is doing but what others should be doing.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Really appreciate the effort guys. This is easily my favorite thing about the Mane.

g6matty
09-11-2013, 05:21 PM
JT is nothing more than the black jacob tamme

fontaine
09-11-2013, 05:27 PM

Uhmm . . . Yes you could put it that way. Or you could see it as a TE making a catch with his back to the defender and end zone with the sideline to his right so he could either crash out of bounds or turn left and head upfield.

He chose correctly and snapped his hips, got his feet right and in a couple of steps ran by the safety who tried but failed to horse collar him. That kind of athletic move is rare for a 250 lb guy.

Welker kind of did the same thing on his first (?) touchdown when he used the defender as a shield and then spun around him by changing his direction and momentum as he turned very quickly.

fontaine
09-11-2013, 05:29 PM
I think Shannon Sharpe said it best in an interview when he said something along the lines of Modern TEs are usually good pass catchers, they have to be, but the elite ones have the flexibility/fluidity to catch the ball and at the same time get their feet/hip set to turn upfield for a big play and yards after the catch.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I see that from Julius. Didn't see it from Tamme/Dressen/Green last year.

g6matty
09-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Uhmm . . . Yes you could put it that way. Or you could see it as a TE making a catch with his back to the defender and end zone with the sideline to his right so he could either crash out of bounds or turn left and head upfield.

He chose right and snapped his hips, got his feet right and in a couple of steps ran by the safety who tried but failed to horse collar him. That kind of athletic move is rare for a 250 lb guy.

Welker kind of did the same thing on his first (?) touchdown when he used the defender as a shield and then spun around him by changing his direction and momentum as he turned very quickly.

Ok we can settle this easiely.

Whats bmore manning got to say about JT

Miss I.
09-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Last season I was sitting listening to this in an office in New York, now I'm doing it in my Berlin apartment. The podcast remains the same. YOSSSSSSS!

Last Season I was listening to this in England. This year I am listening to it in Virginia. Meh. I'd rather be in England, however, I too am glad that the awesomeness that is the podcast remains awesome. If anything I might like it better.

Great job everyone, particularly Rev., but props also to my faux Mormon Husband #2 Khan and TJ owner of the best Broncos board full of weirdos and meltdowns on the web. And to all, DO NOT WEAR KHAN's UNDERWEAR. I know where it's been and it's, well it's gotten around so yeah, don't do it, unless you like weird scratchy blotchy rashes in uncomfortable places. ;D

SonOfLe-loLang
09-11-2013, 06:14 PM
JT is nothing more than the black jacob tamme

Except Julius is bigger and much more agile and also is too fast for linebackers.

He's a basketball player, he's not stiff.

You can question his football skill, but his athletic skill? Youre wrong.

DivineLegion
09-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Than you gentlemen that was beautiful.

DivineLegion
09-11-2013, 08:13 PM
I don't remember if I saw this on the Mane, or if someone tld me this, but Tony Dungy apparently said it would take Peyton 2 quarters to figure out Baltimores new players tendencies and from there he would start picking apart the Ravens defense. That may have contributed to the slow start.

Eldorado
09-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Ok we can settle this easiely.

Whats bmore manning got to say about JT

Whatever he says, it'll be less retarded than the **** that you say.

TheReverend
09-12-2013, 06:38 AM
I don't remember if I saw this on the Mane, or if someone tld me this, but Tony Dungy apparently said it would take Peyton 2 quarters to figure out Baltimores new players tendencies and from there he would start picking apart the Ravens defense. That may have contributed to the slow start.

I still think if the refs call that 3rd down pi on the first drive there's no 'slow start' being discussed

Eldorado
09-12-2013, 06:58 AM
Hey pod cast gang, Good job! Really enjoyed it. Love the listener question segment. You guys are having fun and it shows. Who wouldn't be with this team, though. Ammirite?

http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/You+sir+just+won+the+internet+_1be57d972869644a545 6051ed8404e12.jpg

Mediator12
09-12-2013, 10:03 AM
I still think if the refs call that 3rd down pi on the first drive there's no 'slow start' being discussed

Definitely agree. A lot of PI, got no calls around the league this week. Just finished watching the last of all NFL games this week. Something I have not done in 2 years. I will break down DEN Tomorrow if I can.

For all the interesting Offensive performances I saw, the one shift I have seen around the league is that DL's are dominating OL more than ever. And, that PI was rarely called all over the league and there were some real obvious ones being let go on third downs....

TheReverend
09-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Definitely agree. A lot of PI, got no calls around the league this week. Just finished watching the last of all NFL games this week. Something I have not done in 2 years. I will break down DEN Tomorrow if I can.

For all the interesting Offensive performances I saw, the one shift I have seen around the league is that DL's are dominating OL more than ever. And, that PI was rarely called all over the league and there were some real obvious ones being let go on third downs....

The little known Richard Sherman effect.

The Joker
09-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Personally, I'm all for allowing the defenders to get away with some more physicality.

Rev, you're a big DB guy, what do you make of Tony Carter? Showed some "flashes" last year, but gets quite a bit of grief on the forum I've noticed. To me he seems like excellent depth for right now, but do you think he could ever be a legit quality starter?

TheReverend
09-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Personally, I'm all for allowing the defenders to get away with some more physicality.

Rev, you're a big DB guy, what do you make of Tony Carter? Showed some "flashes" last year, but gets quite a bit of grief on the forum I've noticed. To me he seems like excellent depth for right now, but do you think he could ever be a legit quality starter?

He's a clone of Tramon Williams. They play exactly alike.

broncosteven
09-13-2013, 12:19 PM

If you saw Thomas in his street Swag you would totally see him as an athletic TE.

broncosteven
09-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Love the podcast. Finally got to listen to the whole thing at the kids soccer practice tonight.

Here is a story that may come back to haunt me. When Kahn got to the Mormon underpants part I laughed hard enough that I tooted, thing was I had the ear buds in and was not sure if other parents sitting near me heard said toot. It was a toot, not a rip and there was a good 10 yards between the other closest group of parents. No one got up and moved but I do now have the doubt for the next year that I will be labeled and known as the dude who tooted while giggling to his iphone, sitting watching soccer practice.