PDA

View Full Version : Anyone =plan on picking up CJ Anderson when healthy?

Bacchus
09-09-2013, 01:40 PM
I'd hate to wait until he has a huge game and then be 10th on the waiver claim list.

underrated29
09-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Yes I do....But not yet. I figure it will take a week or two before he gets any reps or anything......I just hope and have a feeling that he overtakes hillman and its something like him and ball as the top guys and ronnie and knowshon as the bottom feeders......

Of course he could totally suck balls and only look good against scrubs like he did in that one game, but you never know!

Im still waiting another week or two though.

Bacchus
09-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Yes I do....But not yet. I figure it will take a week or two before he gets any reps or anything......I just hope and have a feeling that he overtakes hillman and its something like him and ball as the top guys and ronnie and knowshon as the bottom feeders......

Of course he could totally suck balls and only look good against scrubs like he did in that one game, but you never know!

Im still waiting another week or two though.

You figure it will take a week or two. What if he goes in there for a couple of carries and explodes? When is he going to be healthy. I think I might grab him and just store him on the roster.

eddie mac
09-09-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm tempted but in one of my leagues I'm already holding 5 players that can't play yet inc Gronk, Harvin, Gordon, Pead and Bell

Doggcow
09-09-2013, 11:10 PM
I'm tempted but in one of my leagues I'm already holding 5 players that can't play yet inc Gronk, Harvin, Gordon, Pead and Bell

Drop Pead. Worthless.

Bacchus
09-10-2013, 02:29 PM
C.J. Anderson @CjAndersonRB9 <IFRAME title="Twitter Follow Button" class="twitter-follow-button twitter-follow-button" style="HEIGHT: 20px; WIDTH: 59px" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/follow_button.1378768434.html#_=1378844767921&id=twitter-widget-5&lang=en&partner=tweetdeck&screen_name=CjAndersonRB9&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&size=m" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no data-twttr-rendered="true"></IFRAME>
I am getting close I'm ready 2 play almost there did alot of cutting and pass routes getting back in shape lets go pic.twitter.com/H22tctjQHR (http://t.co/H22tctjQHR)

Anderson was very solid in the Broncos’ first pre-season game against the 49ers, but wound up hurting his knee at practice. He missed the rest of the pre-season and is expected to be out at least for the Giants game on Sunday, but there’s a solid chance he could be back when the Broncos take on the Raiders on Monday, September 23rd.
Since 2004, the Denver Broncos have had at least one undrafted free agent make the final roster, and Anderson is the third running back to do so, joining Mike Bell (2006) and Selvin Young (2007).
Before he was carted off the practice field, Anderson was running as the Broncos’ #2 goal line tailback, so it’s not out of the question to think he could make an impact at some point this year.
Whatever the case is, Anderson did enough that the Broncos didn’t even want to try and stash him on the practice squad. He showed great quickness and vision in the team’s first pre-season game, so we’ll see what comes of his young career. Exciting news for him that he is close to returning to game action.

Bacchus
09-10-2013, 02:30 PM
I'm going to pick him up after the Giants game.

maven
09-11-2013, 11:08 PM
It's a gamble move, so why not? UP to you.

Old Dude
09-19-2013, 06:19 AM
I picked him up in one 12-team league with really deep rosters, but I don't expect anything to come of it until late in the season, and even then only if one of the other three gets hurt.

Cmac821
09-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Do you think he is worth a roster spot, how many weeks away is he from being a very low flex option? My 12 player league is full of bronco homers so A) I don't have any Broncos and B) I really want one and C) I don't want to miss out.

Rascal
09-19-2013, 05:58 PM
It's always good in fantasy football to pick up a teams #4 RB.

Old Dude
09-20-2013, 09:04 AM
I have a league where I drafted Steven Jackson (out 2-4 weeks), Eddie Lacy (out with concussion), David Wilson (negative FF points), Dwayne Bowe (invisible) and Danny Amendola (injured as usual).

CJ could be my leading scorer by the end of the week.

Greatspirits
09-21-2013, 07:36 AM
I did last week, hoping down the road it will payoff for me and the Broncos.

Quoydogs
09-21-2013, 01:39 PM
He will be our starting back by the end of the year. Thinking more like game 5

canadianbroncosfan
09-26-2013, 01:01 AM
He will be our starting back by the end of the year. Thinking more like game 5

You can't honestly believe this

Quoydogs
09-26-2013, 03:51 AM
You can't honestly believe this

Once he gets healthy and gets a chance he will be #1

canadianbroncosfan
09-27-2013, 02:45 AM
Once he gets healthy and gets a chance he will be #1

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm0f01OBud1qdlkgg.gif

theAPAOps5
09-27-2013, 10:36 AM

Especially when you are playing me! I highly encourage those who want to lose to pick this guy up.

El Guapo
09-27-2013, 03:33 PM
I picked him up this week for ****s and giggles. There's absolutely no RB's left in my league and I dropped Ingram to grab CJ.

broncogary
09-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Absolutely going to pick him up when I see he's active for a game. Won't start him, but I'll have him later in case he breaks off a big game right off. I'm in a 12 team league so there are no decent rb's available.

canadianbroncosfan
09-27-2013, 10:37 PM

http://www.shutterpoint.com/photos/J/650595-Boy-pointing-up_view.jpg

maven
09-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Lets be realistic. If Hillman is out there and you want a Denver RB, pick him up. If you can have a bench of 20 people, I still would have the other Denver RB's if you can grab 'em.

broncogary
09-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Lets be realistic. If Hillman is out there and you want a Denver RB, pick him up. If you can have a bench of 20 people, I still would have the other Denver RB's if you can grab 'em.

Let's be realistic. At this point of the fantasy season, you have to pick up potential starters before anyone else knows they are good. Then, if they don't pan out, you cut them and pick up another.

maven
09-29-2013, 11:04 AM
Let's be realistic. At this point of the fantasy season, you have to pick up potential starters before anyone else knows they are good. Then, if they don't pan out, you cut them and pick up another.

Depends on the league and how many players you can bench. If you can only hold 5 guys on the bench, I wouldn't waste it on a 4th RB. There are guys out there that can be picked up each week, or stash a DST that plays the Jags the following week. Too many options to make rather than sitting on a 4th RB.

broncogary
09-29-2013, 11:16 AM
You only do it on positions where your bench is below starter quality.

maven
09-30-2013, 10:40 AM
You only do it on positions where your bench is below starter quality.

Do what? Pick up CJ, a 4th RB on the Broncos roster, to sit on the bench?

broncogary
09-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Do what? Pick up CJ, a 4th RB on the Broncos roster, to sit on the bench?

Yes, if he's got the potential to become a starter. If he doesn't step up, you keep churning hoping to get an upgrade. The backup you cut wasn't going to score any points anyway.

You just do this on your weak positions.

maven
10-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Yes, if he's got the potential to become a starter. If he doesn't step up, you keep churning hoping to get an upgrade. The backup you cut wasn't going to score any points anyway.

You just do this on your weak positions.

Don't agree. it's all good.

;)

broncogary
10-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Picked him up, just in case. Not starting him, though. Had to waive Ben Tate, but can probably reclaim him if CJ doesn't do anything since the Texans are on a bye.

Shananahan
10-25-2013, 09:32 PM
You dropped Ben Tate for this guy?

How many teams are in your league?

theAPAOps5
10-25-2013, 10:34 PM

Damn it, why can't Broncogary be in my league!

I may pick him up, but damn do I wish I had Tate instead.

broncogary
10-26-2013, 06:06 AM

Twelve team league. I' m 6-1, tied for first.

Remember Reuben Droughns? Peyton Phillis?

Anytime I can get a guy who is a potential starter over a guy who's a back-up on his own team, I do it. If he doesn't show anything, I keep looking.

broncogary
10-26-2013, 06:10 AM
Damn it, why can't Broncogary be in my league!

I may pick him up, but damn do I wish I had Tate instead.

I told you, I can pick Tate up Sunday afternoon if CJ doesn't flash (that's for Bmore).

Shananahan
10-26-2013, 08:49 AM
You have the top waiver claim, then? Because in almost any other twelve-team league Ben Tate gets claimed right away.

The strategy is fine and all, but it seems like an insane waste of a guy like Tate.

Shananahan
10-26-2013, 08:50 AM
What kind of waiver system lets you pick guys up on Sunday afternoons?

broncogary
10-26-2013, 09:02 AM
What kind of waiver system lets you pick guys up on Sunday afternoons?

Two days after waived.

broncogary
10-26-2013, 09:05 AM
You have the top waiver claim, then? Because in almost any other twelve-team league Ben Tate gets claimed right away.

The strategy is fine and all, but it seems like an insane waste of a guy like Tate.

He's got four broken ribs and he doesn't get that much playing time unless Foster is out.

I'm trying to get a go-to guy and they're are hard to find at this time of the year.