PDA

View Full Version : Roll with Andy Dalton today, or play the waiver wire?

Shananahan
09-08-2013, 08:50 AM
I've got Andy Dalton vs CHI today, and am thinking of dropping my second defense (Baltimore) for a backup QB/spot starter.

Available:
Sam Bradford vs ARI
Alex Smith vs JAX
Phillip Rivers vs HOU
Matt Schaub vs SD
Josh Freeman vs NYJ
Brandon Weedon vs MIA
Ryan Tannehill vs CLE

What would you do?

gunns
09-08-2013, 09:18 AM
I've got Dalton and didn't consider playing him even though he had higher projected pts than my other QB, Peyton Manning. :) But I probably wouldn't have anyway because they are on the road and Dalton sometimes struggles against decent defenses and I have no idea what their defense is like. BUT all of your waivers are going against decent defenses except Schaub and he often is mediocre. I might stick with Dalton. If waivers, probably Smith, Freeman, or Schaub.

Rohirrim
09-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Andrew Luck going up against the Raiders today. :puff:

Bacchus
09-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Dalton did pretty well all things considered.

Bacchus
09-10-2013, 01:32 PM
I have Cutler and Wilson. I plan on plan Wilson on all his home games and then pick the lesser of two evils on his road games. I think Cutler is good for 2 TDs pretty much every week.

maven
09-11-2013, 10:06 PM
I have Cutler and Wilson. I plan on plan Wilson on all his home games and then pick the lesser of two evils on his road games. I think Cutler is good for 2 TDs pretty much every week.

I'd try to trade one of em.

Bacchus
09-11-2013, 10:29 PM
I'd try to trade one of em.

I picked up Cutler off of FA. Nobody would trade for him. One of the dip****s in our league drafted 4 QBs!!

He has Rogers, Kaep, Manning and Luck.... ****head!!!

He lost the first week and he has no depth. I am waiting for him to trade one but then again I might just stay with the two I have.

Shananahan
09-11-2013, 10:46 PM
What'd he do, go QB with his first three picks?

Blighty
09-12-2013, 11:10 AM
I drafted Andy Dalton because some absolute melts in my league decided to draft two quarterbacks in the first 10 rounds. I was aiming for either Stafford or Romo and waited on Romo but missed out and was livid. Ended up trading Redman & Pierce for Romo, despite a guy who drafted Brees and Manning trying to offload Peyts to me. Cut Dalton.

This guy (who drafted Brees and Manning) then completely f*cked himself by accepting a bid of Stafford & Ivory for his Manning. Despite ALSO having Big Ben on his bench, he dropped Bilal Powell to make roster space, so the guy who took Manning from him picked up Powell.

Stafford + Ivory for Manning + Powell.

Crazy