PDA

View Full Version : DWWBW...20 and counting now

footstepsfrom#27
08-22-2013, 12:36 PM
I posted on this in here several years ago here: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=82182&page=12T

That was 13 (yes THIRTEEN) incidents ago...making the total now 20 since I started counting, probably 4 or 5 more before that. What is DWWBW? Google the acronym and nothing shows up, while the actual phrase "Driving while with a black woman" appears only twice on the web according to Google, and one was in my previous post in here. But check this out: http://wisconsinlawreview.org/wp-content/files/2-Johnson1.pdf It's going on all over, especially with the Cro Magnons in places like Texas.

This time it happened in a south suburban Dallas suburb (Lancaster) where I was traveling on the interstate service road with a 24 year old black woman who happens to be a business colleague, a CPA who does tax analysis on collaborative business projects for me. Most often it's been with my wife though. Pulled over this time for a phantom tail light violation, my vehicle was searched both inside and in the trunk (illegal) without my permission, but get this...6 (yes SIX) cops and a drug sniffing dog went through it for 25 minutes, damaging the globe box in the process. During this racial profiling incident, the woman was taken aside and asked the usual battery of questions; how do you know this guy, who is he to you, where are you going, where are you coming from, do you know his telephone number, what's his address, does he sell drugs, where does he work?...etc, ...while I got the same questions put to me about her, not once but twice as different faces and badge numbers tried to find a hole in the story to no avail.

So after being ARRESTED on the phantom tail light violation (yep not ticketed ARRESTED), I decided to sit this **** out in jail rather than give these people the satisfaction of extorting a dime out of me. Three days later I showed up at the PD to reclaim my belongings and requested 1) names & badge numbers of all officers engaged in the search, a copy of the police car dashboard video and the phone number for the department's internal affairs department. The cop on duty told me the dashcam video was $3 and available to be picked up in a few days...until I then added my final request; a Texas Public Information Act request of the city's federal reporting statistics on racial profiling reporting in the last 5 years. Upon receiving this information, a 15 minute conference ensued with three suits in the back office, at which time I was then told that the Texas AG's office would have to approve me getting the dashcam video now...$1000 says it won't show the search.

But I've had enough of this bull****...and having had a peak at the first installment of the reports...the 2012 version, in which they claim that in over 4,000 traffic stops exactly ZERO occurred with prior knowledge of the driver's race...I'm going after these jackasses with a civil suit.

Meanwhile...this state continues to Jim Crow itself and show their ass. So I've go me a great idea for an app to stop this crap. PM me if you are a LINUX developer please...

Rohirrim
08-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Ever thought of leaving Texas?

footstepsfrom#27
08-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Ever thought of leaving Texas?
Hell yeah...but I gravitate to conflict. ;D

El Minion
08-22-2013, 01:33 PM
I wonder why Republicans (Ruby Ridge) and Democrats can't get behind these injustices.

TAKEN (http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2013/08/12/130812fa_fact_stillman?currentPage=all)
Under civil forfeiture, Americans who haven’t been charged with wrongdoing can be stripped of their cash, cars, and even homes. Is that all we’re losing?
BY SARAH STILLMAN

[...] But civil-forfeiture statutes continued to proliferate, and at the state and local level controls have often been lax. Many states, facing fiscal crises, have expanded the reach of their forfeiture statutes, and made it easier for law enforcement to use the revenue however they see fit. In some Texas counties, nearly forty per cent of police budgets comes from forfeiture. (Only one state, North Carolina, bans the practice, requiring a criminal conviction before a person’s property can be seized.) Often, it’s hard for people to fight back. They are too poor; their immigration status is in question; they just can’t sustain the logistical burden of taking on unyielding bureaucracies. [...]

[...]What was happening in Texas was consistent with a larger pattern. States that place seized funds in a neutral account, like Maine, Missouri (where proceeds go to a public education fund), North Dakota, and Vermont, have generally avoided major forfeiture-abuse scandals. Problems seem to arise in states—such as Texas, Georgia, and Virginia—with few restrictions on how police can use the proceeds. Scandals, too, emerge from the federal Equitable Sharing program, which allows local police to skirt state restrictions on the use of funds. In Bal Harbour, Florida, an upscale seaside village of thirty-three-hundred residents, a small vice squad ran a forfeiture network that brought in nearly fifty million dollars in just three years. The squad travelled around the country, helped to arrange money-laundering stings in far-flung cities, then divided the cash with the federal agencies involved. Last year, the Department of Justice shut down the operation, ordering the village to return millions in cash. But much of it had already been spent: on luxury-car rentals and first-class plane tickets to pursue stings in New York, New Jersey, California, and elsewhere; on a hundred-thousand-dollar police boat; and on a twenty-one-thousand-dollar drug-prevention beach party.[...]