PDA

View Full Version : Eagles' Riley Cooper, your teammates would like to chat..

Smilin Assassin
07-31-2013, 02:50 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-dEQxO8Yuas?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"I will jump that fence and fight every (N-word) here, bro.”

Cooper released a statement through the Eagles:

"I am so ashamed and disgusted with myself. I want to apologize. I have been offensive. I have apologized to my coach, to Jeffrey Lurie, to Howie Roseman and to my teammates. I owe an apology to the fans and to this community. I am so ashamed, but there are no excuses. What I did was wrong and I will accept the consequences."

The Eagles will have a statement soon.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/7/31/4576358/riley-cooper-is-in-big-trouble

TheReverend
07-31-2013, 02:54 PM
Yikes... is that AT the stadium, too?!?!

cousinal11
07-31-2013, 02:56 PM
Great offseason for Florida Gators. That's pretty bad but at least he didn't fight dogs like a current teammate or kill someone like a former teammate.

Johnny Manziel is probably happy...or is he?

Kid A
07-31-2013, 02:58 PM
Via @WillBrinson on Twitter:

The NFL's offseason, summed up in one photo

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQh4-IxCMAEZqWT.jpg:large

SoCalBronco
07-31-2013, 02:58 PM
Gator gonna be a Gator.

Douchebag.

Smilin Assassin
07-31-2013, 02:59 PM
Great offseason for Florida Gators. That's pretty bad but at least he didn't fight dogs like a current teammate or kill someone like a former teammate.

Johnny Manziel is probably happy...or is he? .

cousinal11
07-31-2013, 02:59 PM
Yikes... is that AT the stadium, too?!?!

Prior to joining Chesney, several Eagles teammates and Chip Kelly on stage for The Boys of Fall, Cooper was with what looks to be Danny Watkins and Jason Kelce in a semi-private area near the stage. In a video that we’ve obtained, we see Kelce and Watkins attempting to calm an agitated Cooper down just before he points in the direction of the crowd (and camera) and says, as best as we can tell: “I will jump that fence and fight every ni***r here, bro.”

DivineLegion
07-31-2013, 03:02 PM

HAHAHAHA! was that pass intended for Hernandez, but going toward Coopers back? Oh Tim!

DBroncos4life
07-31-2013, 03:03 PM
On PTI today they talked about how he should be suspended by Rodger G. I think that is a tad extreme.

Smilin Assassin
07-31-2013, 03:04 PM
On PTI today they talked about how he should be suspended by Rodger G. I think that is a tad extreme.

Maybe a fine or a 2 game suspension and some counseling. The man obviously needs it.

DBroncos4life
07-31-2013, 03:05 PM
Maybe a fine or a 2 game suspension and some counseling. The man obviously needs it.

Just let him get his ass kicked. It will resolve itself.

kent156
07-31-2013, 03:06 PM
who?

Lestat
07-31-2013, 03:07 PM
that was dumb as hell to say, especially into a damn camera.
my guess is that rather than him being a moron and using the word in a pure racist manner that he hangs around so many teammates that use the word and you kind of get used to saying it.

similar to certain derogatory gay terms. sometimes you let it slip and didn't mean it in the way it sounded.

of course... he could just be an idiot.

theAPAOps5
07-31-2013, 03:08 PM

Considering the makeup of the league, I don't.

menonite
07-31-2013, 03:13 PM
He should be stoned. That will teach him.

lolcopter
07-31-2013, 03:14 PM
Considering the makeup of the league, I don't.

http://gator1330.hostgator.com/~mdibug/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/SPWATJJ1.jpg

crush17
07-31-2013, 03:14 PM
Bros will be bros, bro!

Mogulseeker
07-31-2013, 03:17 PM
Just let him get his ass kicked. It will resolve itself.

He's a wide reciever.

Most free safeties are black.

Free safeties hit wide receivers. Hard.

You do the math.

Lestat
07-31-2013, 03:23 PM
He's a wide reciever.

You do the math.

the first game he gets held up and they jump his ass i'm gonna laugh. :rofl:

DBroncos4life
07-31-2013, 03:24 PM
He's a wide reciever.

You do the math.

That is why I think suspending him isn't the answer. Letting him get hit hard is. :thumbsup:

BroncoBrett
07-31-2013, 03:25 PM
Ya know whats funny, he totally sounds like white TT...What a raciest redneck P.O.S. I hope someone on his own team lays himout..

TheReverend
07-31-2013, 03:26 PM
my guess is that rather than him being a moron and using the word in a pure racist manner that he hangs around so many teammates that use the word and you kind of get used to saying it.

similar to certain derogatory gay terms. sometimes you let it slip and didn't mean it in the way it sounded.

Na, it looks he probably grew up saying it...

El Guapo
07-31-2013, 03:49 PM
How many black people does he really think are attending a Kenny Chesney concert? haha. Oh, and this also reeks of the 'roid rage.

Good ole' Philly fans will make his jersey go #1 in no time.

elsid13
07-31-2013, 03:51 PM
Wonder if Vick leads him a little to far in the preseason.

BTW, do we know what pissed him off?

ColoradoDarin
07-31-2013, 03:56 PM

Only if they suspend every player who uses a racial epithet.

lolcopter
07-31-2013, 04:04 PM
Good ole' Philly fans will make his jersey go #1 in no time.

probably this

Smilin Assassin
07-31-2013, 04:11 PM

The Emancipation Proclamation.

Kaylore
07-31-2013, 04:12 PM
You're going to suspend someone for saying something offensive? I don't agree with that.

Archer81
07-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Suspension for use of a word. Going to suspend everyone who says it?

:Broncos:

Mogulseeker
07-31-2013, 04:15 PM
No kidding....

Must be pretty bold to take on every African-American... at a Kenny Chesney concert.

peacepipe
07-31-2013, 04:23 PM
You're going to suspend someone for saying something offensive? I don't agree with that.

Some things shouldn't be tolerated, the N word being one of them.

ColoradoDarin
07-31-2013, 04:26 PM

Make sure you apply that to all players or you are going to face a discrimination suit.

peacepipe
07-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Make sure you apply that to all players or you are going to face a discrimination suit.

Doubt it, you got to look at the context in which the word was used.

Lestat
07-31-2013, 04:33 PM
No kidding....

Must be pretty bold to take on every African-American... at a Kenny Chesney concert.

Hey! I happen to enjoy Kenny Chesney. I'm also a Dave Matthews Band fan.
You trying to say that a African-American can't enjoy non gang banging music?
you racist mother****er!

for those without a sarcasm meter... the green font is for you.

Lestat
07-31-2013, 04:36 PM

different context, inflection and word. they use A on the end not ER.
besides, it's one thing to use a racial term when you're of that race. it's another to use it when you're not.

scorpio
07-31-2013, 04:37 PM
People are surprised that a guy named Riley from Oklahoma is a casual racist.

Lestat
07-31-2013, 04:40 PM
People are surprised that a guy named Riley from Oklahoma is a casual racist.

if he was named John David, Billy Bob, Buck or Early it wouldn't surprise anyone.

ColoradoDarin
07-31-2013, 04:42 PM
besides, it's one thing to use a racial term when you're of that race. it's another to use it when you're not.

Actually I wasn't thinking about that way, but rather other epithets:

Only if they suspend every player who uses a racial epithet.

rugbythug
07-31-2013, 04:46 PM

That is a low tolerance threshold.

Cut him if you want but having the league suspend a guy is a little over the top.

Check 20 players twitter feed that's a lot of guys to suspend.

Lestat
07-31-2013, 04:47 PM
Actually I wasn't thinking about that way, but rather other epithets:

still though, most will use epithets pertaining to their own race or community.
it's only seen as an issue when someone outside of that particular group does so.

uplink
07-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Just my thoughts. Its weird that you can't say the n word if you are white, but you can readily say it if you are not white. In fact Cooper probably hears the word all the time in the NFL environment. The words meaning is kind of changing I think to not really refer to a certain ethnicity of people anymore. Listening to rap and things, some might think its a cool word to use like other lingo. The word doesn't even seem to be used negatively really. If you hear a word a lot your going to pick up saying it I think, its just natural.

extralife
07-31-2013, 04:48 PM
my guess is he is using the word as an interchangeable insult. as in, he wasn't actually directing it at any black people in the audience, but at any people of any race who happened to be pissing him off.

this is actually worse than directing it at black people

extralife
07-31-2013, 04:49 PM
Just my thoughts. Its weird that you can't say the n word if you are white, but you can readily say it if you are not white. In fact Cooper probably hears the word all the time in the NFL environment. The words meaning is kind of changing I think to not really refer to a certain ethnicity of people anymore. Listening to rap and things, some might think its a cool word to use like other lingo. The word doesn't even seem to be used negatively really. If you hear a word a lot your going to pick up saying it I think, its just natural.

how in the **** can you watch that video and think that he is not using the word negatively?

uplink
07-31-2013, 04:51 PM
I didn't watch the video. But I was speaking in general. When I said the word is not used negatively I was not referring to the video, I was referring to its general usage nowadays.

Archer81
07-31-2013, 04:52 PM

The word is not suddenly less offensive because the "right" people use it.

peacepipe
07-31-2013, 04:54 PM
That is a low tolerance threshold.

Cut him if you want but having the league suspend a guy is a little over the top.

Check 20 players twitter feed that's a lot of guys to suspend.
You must be someone that doesn't understand context.

WolfpackGuy
07-31-2013, 04:56 PM
No kidding....

I know, right?

I can't see too many being there at the Linc that weren't working as a vendor or as a concessionaire.

peacepipe
07-31-2013, 04:58 PM
I didn't watch the video. But I was speaking in general. When I said the word is not used negatively I was not referring to the video, I was referring to its general usage nowadays.
There is no nonnegative way of saying the N word with an er, nor is it in general use.

rmsanger
07-31-2013, 05:01 PM
Not like 2/3 of the white posters here haven't said similar comments in a friendly environment.

Off the judgement train!

uplink
07-31-2013, 05:02 PM
There is no nonnegative way of saying the N word with an er, nor is it in general use.

I hear people using it every now and then and they are saying it in an endearing way to a friend. It sounds like they are using the er to me.

peacepipe
07-31-2013, 05:04 PM

That's cause no one is saying ****er,they're saying ****a. I'm not black & I say ****a without any issues cause of the context and everybody knowing me.

peacepipe
07-31-2013, 05:05 PM
I hear people using it every now and then and they are saying it in an endearing way to a friend. It sounds like they are using the er to me.
You may need to clean your ears,but feel free to ask the next time you hear ****a used.

errand
07-31-2013, 05:25 PM

Well, obviously he had an issue with people he believed to be "n*@@ers".....

lolcopter
07-31-2013, 05:28 PM

Shut up hippie

bowtown
07-31-2013, 05:29 PM
This is a fun thread.

Lestat
07-31-2013, 05:29 PM

i agree, but that's the perception of society in most cases. it's ok to say the word if you are of that race but if you're not it's offensive.
either way it's dumb as hell to say.

extralife
07-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Not like 2/3 of the white posters here haven't said similar comments in a friendly environment.

Off the judgement train!

...so you are just assuming that everyone runs around saying ****er because you apparently do?

let me be the first to introduce you to civilization.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-31-2013, 05:36 PM
...so you are just assuming that everyone runs around saying ****er because you apparently do?

let me be the first to introduce you to civilization.

Don't get all uppity on us.

Archer81
07-31-2013, 05:38 PM
i agree, but that's the perception of society in most cases. it's ok to say the word if you are of that race but if you're not it's offensive.
either way it's dumb as hell to say.

Indeed. Its ignorant. The English language has literally hundreds of thousands of words, and the word some people pick makes them sound like a moron.

Why, I ask. Why?

OrangeCrush2724
07-31-2013, 05:38 PM

When it ends with a "A" as in *igga...it could be taken as a slang. But he had the "R" in it with a nice southern racist tone to it.

BroncoMan4ever
07-31-2013, 05:39 PM
People are entirely too sensitive about stupidity now. Who gives a **** if a person is a bigot or asshole. Always been people like that. Get over it. Tired of news about racial slurs. I don't care.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-31-2013, 05:40 PM
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/thesponge007/sheeeit.gif

errand
07-31-2013, 05:46 PM

Agreed, the NFL should have a zero tolerance of the word in any form, regardless of if it ends in "a" or "er"....

errand
07-31-2013, 05:52 PM
still though, most will use epithets pertaining to their own race or community.
it's only seen as an issue when someone outside of that particular group does so.

so using that logic, it's ok for you to call your sister or mother a whore but nobody else can?

errand
07-31-2013, 05:56 PM

This^

a derogatory name is still a derogatory name.....if you want to try and end it's use, make it bad for anyone of any race to use it

Dr. Broncenstein
07-31-2013, 05:59 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-r3WRgE4sP2U/UfmynMmgvhI/AAAAAAAAADc/XNx0Mw7hnt8/s300/image.jpg?gl=US

errand
07-31-2013, 05:59 PM

Calling it an endearing term is just their way of getting around using it.....

Here's a thought, change the word to "whore" or "c**t" next time you use it around a woman friend and see the claws come out.

Derogatory names are still derogatory names, regardless of the "context"

BroncoMan4ever
07-31-2013, 06:03 PM
Agreed, the NFL should have a zero tolerance of the word in any form, regardless of if it ends in "a" or "er"....

The NFL should police bad language now? There are more important things in the world than making a big deal out of racists

txtebow
07-31-2013, 06:42 PM
That's cause no one is saying ****er,they're saying ****a. I'm not black & I say ****a without any issues cause of the context and everybody knowing me.

Of course you're not black..you're just a self flagellating limp wristed wannabe and I'd LOVE-LOVE-LOVE to watch you say that word in public around people of African descent and then while dodging body blows and uppercuts listening to you scream "..but I ended it with an 'A' not 'er'!!!"

Or maybe you could bust out your breakdance moves to show you're qualified to use the word...but only if it ends in an 'a' of course....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZISfyfHG454" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#CLOWN

Jay3
07-31-2013, 06:43 PM
This cannot end well -- Aaron Hernandez was on the other side of that fence.

gunns
07-31-2013, 06:43 PM

That's what I'd like to know.

Initially when I heard he said the word at a concert I thought a rap concert and everybody was saying the word. Said in this context he really looks like a fool. I'm all for the safeties going after him, personally, in a game.

Orange_Beard
07-31-2013, 06:51 PM
Wow. That is a good old boy showing his true colors.

Bacchus
07-31-2013, 06:52 PM
http://gator1330.hostgator.com/~mdibug/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/SPWATJJ1.jpg

HAHAHAH naggers!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

gunns
07-31-2013, 06:52 PM
Of course you're not black..you're just a self flagellating limp wristed wannabe and I'd LOVE-LOVE-LOVE to watch you say that word in public around people of African descent and then while dodging body blows and uppercuts listening to you scream "..but I ended it with an 'A' not 'er'!!!""

#CLOWN

You are full of ****. And why would you LOVE LOVE LOVE it?

I'm totally against that word and never allowed it in my house. My boys are not white but they also are not black and while playing in groups they often used that word to friends and around strangers in conversations. Nothing ever happened. I hate any form of the word and feel the blacks degrade themselves while using the "endearing A form". They've made it seem acceptable. It's not.

#IDIOT

errand
07-31-2013, 06:54 PM
Of course you're not black..you're just a self flagellating limp wristed wannabe and I'd LOVE-LOVE-LOVE to watch you say that word in public around people of African descent and then while dodging body blows and uppercuts listening to you scream "..but I ended it with an 'A' not 'er'!!!"

Or maybe you could bust out your breakdance moves to show you're qualified to use the word...but only if it ends in an 'a' of course....

#CLOWN

Peacepipe out and about......

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nzY2Qcu5i2A?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bacchus
07-31-2013, 06:57 PM

I could care less, if anything it should only be a one game suspension. It would probably be best for Cooper if he was suspended one game that way he will have been punished and did his time. If they let him skate on it then people might be looking for payback. Either way too bad Hard Knocks isn't in Philadelphia!!!

errand
07-31-2013, 07:00 PM
You are full of ****. And why would you LOVE LOVE LOVE it?

I'm totally against that word and never allowed it in my house. My boys are not white but they also are not black and while playing in groups they often used that word to friends and around strangers in conversations. Nothing ever happened. I hate any form of the word and feel the blacks degrade themselves while using the "endearing A form". They've made it seem acceptable. It's not.

#IDIOT

you need to read his post again...

He was saying basically what you just said....that the word will be taken as derogatory even if the word ends in "a"

txtebow
07-31-2013, 07:49 PM

He was saying basically what you just said....that the word will be taken as derogatory even if the word ends in "a"

Lol! Scary to think that we drive next to these people everyday...

txtebow
07-31-2013, 07:50 PM
I could care less, if anything it should only be a one game suspension. It would probably be best for Cooper if he was suspended one game that way he will have been punished and did his time. If they let him skate on it then people might be looking for payback. Either way too bad Hard Knocks isn't in Philadelphia!!!

No doubt! If only they were on hard knocks!

lolcopter
07-31-2013, 07:53 PM
any suspension would be ludicrous, a fine would fall right in line with typical nfl punishments for stupidity

uplink
07-31-2013, 07:55 PM
You may need to clean your ears,but feel free to ask the next time you hear ****a used.

How do you know that it is me that is hearing it wrong. Maybe the people I heard just didn't know they were supposed to use the *ar instead or the *er, and I heard right all along and I don't have to clean my ears out or ask someone.

Man-Goblin
07-31-2013, 08:24 PM
This guy was so good in the first Hangover too...damn. :(

Kaylore
07-31-2013, 10:25 PM
People shouldn't be suspended for what they say by the league. If the team wants to do something, fine. But saying a rude word isn't illegal. The teams should be responsible of their own PR stuff if what a player is doing isn't illegal. They can make in-house rules and include profanity in their list of punishable offenses. But the league suspending someone because they said something mean? That's ridiculous.

DBroncos4life
07-31-2013, 10:30 PM
People shouldn't be suspended for what they say by the league. If the team wants to do something, fine. But saying a rude word isn't illegal. The teams should be responsible of their own PR stuff if what a player is doing isn't illegal. They can make in-house rules and include profanity in their list of punishable offenses. But the league suspending someone because they said something mean? That's ridiculous.

Suggs didn't even get suspended for dragging his GF outside of a moving car yet this guy should be suspended for saying a hurtful word. :giggle:

Aftermath
08-01-2013, 01:17 AM
Why is this even on ESPN and why is this a thread? Is there no better things to talk about on ESPN than one racist fu*ktard?

Blighty
08-01-2013, 04:43 AM
Hopefully he gets cut and no-one is stupid enough to sign him so his career will be shot to pieces. Better than league intervention.

peacepipe
08-01-2013, 05:07 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZISfyfHG454" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#CLOWN
LOL you don't know **** about me,or my friends. You're just pissed that you can't use the word ****er as freely on this board as you would when you are at one of your Klan rallies.

lolcopter
08-01-2013, 05:49 AM

seriously shut the **** up hippie

vancejohnson82
08-01-2013, 06:16 AM
I didn't care at first just thinking he was using it in a slang manner..but after watching the video I was a little less confident in that....it sounded as if he meant a group of black people, not just a bunch of other people

Shananahan
08-01-2013, 06:17 AM
Words are just words. We should be thankful that Riley Cooper has made us aware of his mental deficiencies and leave it at that.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-01-2013, 06:28 AM
I hope Micheal Vick can somehow allow himself to forgive Riley Cooper for his hurtful words.

gunns
08-01-2013, 06:51 AM

I got that and I do think it's derogatory. What he was saying is that blacks would pummel a white guy saying it around a crowd of blacks and that he would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see that. I was pointing out he wasn't entirely accurate. But then again having read many of his posts, that isn't difficult to believe.

And dude doesn't drive anywhere near me. Hell I didn't even know he was old enough for a license or that they gave people like him a license.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-01-2013, 07:53 AM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-umEcxs7LGU4/Ufp2Ju7TKoI/AAAAAAAAAIM/Ep5dUFeDajw/s512/image.jpg?gl=US

Drunk Monkey
08-01-2013, 08:36 AM
I love the Mane when it comes to racial issues. It's the DRC injury overblown reaction applied to race.

How about we just outlaw the spoken word.

Jason in LA
08-01-2013, 09:00 AM
I don't think that he should be suspended. I would call him a racist for what he said, but the NFL should not police that.

It's more than just the word that he used. If he had said "black" instead of "*igger," it would still be a racial issue, because why did he want to fight black people that night? What was his issue that night with black people to make him want to beat up every one of them, which would mostly be people who did nothing to him?

The guy was so pissed off that he went to the N word. The guy on some level has some racial issues.

As for the use of the slang version of the word, unfortunately it has become a term of endearment among black people. It is extremely illogical, but that is what it has become. It's similar to women calling each other "*itch" without an issue when used in a certain context, but a man couldn't do that in any context. It would always be viewed as a negative. People within a certain race or group can make racial jokes about their own people or use certain terms that people outside of that race or group cannot. That does not logically justify it, but that is what it is.

Personally, I cringe every time I hear a black person freely use the word "*igga" in public, around other races. To me it makes us look bad as a race. I'm not going to lie, I've used the word. Unfortunately it has become a part of "black English." I didn't use the word much, but I was always mindful about who I was around if I did you that word. I'd only say it in the company of other black people. Doesn't make it right, but it is what it is.

BroncoBeavis
08-01-2013, 09:14 AM
I don't think that he should be suspended. I would call him a racist for what he said, but the NFL should not police that.

It's more than just the word that he used. If he had said "black" instead of "*igger," it would still be a racial issue, because why did he want to fight black people that night? What was his issue that night with black people to make him want to beat up every one of them, which would mostly be people who did nothing to him?

The guy was so pissed off that he went to the N word. The guy on some level has some racial issues.

As for the use of the slang version of the word, unfortunately it has become a term of endearment among black people. It is extremely illogical, but that is what it has become. It's similar to women calling each other "*itch" without an issue when used in a certain context, but a man couldn't do that in any context. It would always be viewed as a negative. People within a certain race or group can make racial jokes about their own people or use certain terms that people outside of that race or group cannot. That does not logically justify it, but that is what it is.

Personally, I cringe every time I hear a black person freely use the word "*igga" in public, around other races. To me it makes us look bad as a race. I'm not going to lie, I've used the word. Unfortunately it has become a part of "black English." I didn't use the word much, but I was always mindful about who I was around if I did you that word. I'd only say it in the company of other black people. Doesn't make it right, but it is what it is.

I reserve the N word for th gingers. They usually just think I'm trying to be ironic, but I'm really trying to start a race war.

Brewer
08-01-2013, 09:17 AM
What if, right before Riley said that, some people with brown skin yelled out, "Get off da stage, crakka! We ****as wanna see us some Jay-Z all up in dis piece!" and Riley was so offended that he just couldn't hold back? What then? For ****'s sake, this board is a waste of bandwidth most days.

Shananahan
08-01-2013, 09:49 AM
What if, right before Riley said that, some people with brown skin yelled out, "Get off da stage, crakka! We ****as wanna see us some Jay-Z all up in dis piece!" and Riley was so offended that he just couldn't hold back? What then?
..... the same conversation would be taking place?

gyldenlove
08-01-2013, 09:58 AM
I am just shocked and appalled that someone who attended the University of Florida would ever stoop to such vile hatred or harbor such deep-seeded ignorance.

TheReverend
08-01-2013, 10:01 AM
If there were cellphone cameras in the 90s, we'd probably have 1,000 vids like this of Romonowski

TheReverend
08-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Names of his teammates at his position:

Desean
Damaris
Arrelious

...yeah, this will take care of itself, guys.

bronco militia
08-01-2013, 10:08 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EcLdMcbkGPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gyldenlove
08-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Names of his teammates at his position:

Desean
Damaris
Arrelious

...yeah, this will take care of itself, guys.

If you are a wide receiver fighting to keep your career going and your QB is a black convicted felon, it is probably not a great idea to be openly racist....

ColoradoDarin
08-01-2013, 12:43 PM
If you are a wide receiver fighting to keep your career going and your QB is a black convicted felon, it is probably not a great idea to be openly racist....

Yep, he should have just tortured, mutilated and killed some dog fighting dogs over the course of years instead of using a bad word when he was drunk.

DBroncos4life
08-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Marcus Vick offered a $1000 dollars for the first person that knocks Cooper out via twitter. He had to take it down though.

BroncosfanGuy
08-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Marcus Vick offered a $1000 dollars for the first person that knocks Cooper out via twitter. He had to take it down though.

because he can't afford it or his brother was going to ground him?

ColoradoDarin
08-01-2013, 12:55 PM

How do you knock someone out via Twitter? Seems like you could only just send them a message.

DBroncos4life
08-01-2013, 12:56 PM
because he can't afford it or his brother was going to ground him?

I think its because he can't afford it.

Mountain Bronco
08-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Nobody should use that word, black, white, green whatever; however, it would be even more of a travesty if people were suspended for using it. The first amendment is far more important than whether or not you offend someone.

oh and er versus a is the dumest logic I have ever heard, even by OM standards.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-01-2013, 01:02 PM

Marcus Vick might be a moral authority figure, but I have my doubts about his ability to cobble together a thousand bucks in cash. That's like a whole summer's worth of tips and its only August.

peacepipe
08-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Nobody should use that word, black, white, green whatever; however, it would be even more of a travesty if people were suspended for using it. The first amendment is far more important than whether or not you offend someone.

oh and er versus a is the dumest logic I have ever heard, even by OM standards.

FYI,the 1st amendment only protects you from the government.

bronco militia
08-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Marcus Vick might be a moral authority figure, but I have my doubts about his ability to cobble together a thousand bucks in cash. That's like a whole summer's worth of tips and its only August.

that's racist!!!! :rofl:

bombay
08-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Michael Vick's response couldn't have been classier.

Mountain Bronco
08-01-2013, 01:51 PM
FYI,the 1st amendment only protects you from the government.

Well aware of that, but when corporations start impeding on those rights, the courts get involved, then the courts upholding those suspensions etc... is a form of the government condoning the restriction of first amendment rights. Complicated, but it is tricky for even non-government entities to impede on the most precious of rights we enjoy in this society.

Your slow to recognize hippy brain may also not have noticed I didn't say it was illegal, rather that it is a travesty and that the first amendment is the most important right we have.

Rabb
08-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Listen, I am as big of a believer in the constitution as anyone but just because you can say something, doesn't mean you should.

Everything has a consequence.

Tombstone RJ
08-01-2013, 02:21 PM
you can't fix stupid... stupid and drunk is a bad combo.

peacepipe
08-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Well aware of that, but when corporations start impeding on those rights, the courts get involved, then the courts upholding those suspensions etc... is a form of the government condoning the restriction of first amendment rights. Complicated, but it is tricky for even non-government entities to impede on the most precious of rights we enjoy in this society.

Your slow to recognize hippy brain may also not have noticed I didn't say it was illegal, rather that it is a travesty and that the first amendment is the most important right we have.

Apparently, if I wasn't slow I would've recognized that you're complete moron & not wasted my time replying to one of your post.

SouthStndJunkie
08-01-2013, 02:32 PM
The media is crucifying Riley Cooper and milking every cent they can from it.

That's all I heard about yesterday and today....his punishment of getting smacked extra hard by black linebackers and defensive backs will be punishment enough.

lolcopter
08-01-2013, 03:12 PM
FYI,the 1st amendment only protects you from the government ****a.

fyp you edgy brah

txtebow
08-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Peacepipe out and about......

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nzY2Qcu5i2A?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

indeed! :rofl:

txtebow
08-01-2013, 05:16 PM
I love the Mane when it comes to racial issues. It's the DRC injury overblown reaction applied to race.

How about we just outlaw the spoken word.

or how about you tell us who is that in your avatar? :)

errand
08-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Michael Vick's response couldn't have been classier.

Well truth be told, killing animals is much higher up on the liberal media's totem pole of evil than being racist.....so he kind of had no choice but to "forgive" Riley.....because he's still in "recovery" and needs to look good in the media's eyes.

peacepipe
08-01-2013, 05:48 PM
All these years growing up being called spic or wetback, I guess I should've not been offended.

errand
08-01-2013, 05:55 PM
All these years growing up being called spic or wetback, I guess I should've not been offended.

Everyone's a victim.......

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-01-2013, 05:58 PM
I counted how many times I heard the N word today and the persons race who said it. 9 times were a black person. 1 time from a white dude and 1 time from a Mexican.

peacepipe
08-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Everyone's a victim.......

Never claimed to be a victim.

kent156
08-01-2013, 06:18 PM
I counted how many times I heard the N word today and the persons race who said it. 9 times were a black person. 1 time from a white dude and 1 time from a Mexican.

I live in florida these white ppl down here got some balls on them or just stupid its like that movie white boyz

broncosteven
08-01-2013, 06:31 PM
The person loving this and the Arron Hernadez case coverage has to be Manti Teo. Keeps the media off his scent and he can have a TC under the radar.

tesnyde
08-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Per A-Rod....If you ere to do something egregious and harm the reputation of your employer and fellow co-workers, negotiate your punishment. Mo-scmooo.

errand
08-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Never claimed to be a victim.

No, you just whined like one....

BTW if you're so bothered by people calling you a spic or wetback, why would you think calling someone ****a was ok?

Dr. Broncenstein
08-01-2013, 06:50 PM
The person loving this and the Arron Hernadez case coverage has to be Manti Teo. Keeps the media off his scent and he can have a TC under the radar.

Dude, your any made me giggle for a good 30 seconds....

peacepipe
08-01-2013, 07:04 PM
No, you just whined like one....

BTW if you're so bothered by people calling you a spic or wetback, why would you think calling someone ****a was ok?
Let me introduce a word new to you or maybe it's not new to you,it may just be too big a word for you to understand. It's called context,look it up.

Tombstone RJ
08-01-2013, 07:12 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-dEQxO8Yuas?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"I will jump that fence and fight every (N-word) here, bro.”[/url]

the preferred nomenclature is African American, please.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-01-2013, 07:29 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-m9aHjYyKOxo/UfsZWxSsruI/AAAAAAAAAIg/l36n3U8bmlA/s512/image.jpg?gl=US

Bacchus
08-01-2013, 09:20 PM
This is pretty good.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xFTqo4rlcG8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broncocalijohn
08-02-2013, 01:32 AM

I remember this happening as I was visiting FLorida at the time and was checking out different practices.

This is one of many Tebow passes that missed the target and hit Cooper in the back of the head. Cooper turned around and yelled, "What N***er just threw the ball at me?" Hernandez told him, "It was Tebow but I will kill him for you."

broncocalijohn
08-02-2013, 01:36 AM

I didnt know there were 9 blacks in Carmel. Who knew?

rmsanger
08-02-2013, 02:30 AM
jesus tap dancing Christ, Riley Cooper might as well just be named Zimmerman at this point.

Drunk Monkey
08-02-2013, 05:12 AM
or how about you tell us who is that in your avatar? :)

Sophie Turner. The Australian model, not the actress from Game of Thrones.

http://ilarge.listal.com/image/3732113/936full-sophie-turner-%28i%29.jpg

Drunk Monkey
08-02-2013, 05:18 AM
At the end of the day this is a PR problem for the iggles and not much more. We have a drunk asshole who really stuck his foot in his mouth and the national media overreacting on a slow media day.

They need to give it another 24 hours then have the owner / HC / or GM come out and say how unacceptable his behavior is. Say they had a team meeting cleared the air ect. Then wrap it up with some counseling for Riley.

yerner
08-02-2013, 07:06 AM
I'm more offended by what he's wearing.

Bigdawg26
08-02-2013, 07:16 AM
Are there are black people that concert??

TheReverend
08-02-2013, 07:34 AM

Just working the event.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-02-2013, 07:50 AM
Just working the event.

And apparently they were annoying.

TonyR
08-02-2013, 08:01 AM
They need to give it another 24 hours then have the owner / HC / or GM come out and say how unacceptable his behavior is.

Fyi, this happened on Wednesday.

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie released a statement on the matter shortly thereafter.

"We are shocked and appalled by Riley Cooper's words," Lurie said. "This sort of behavior or attitude from anyone has no role in a civil society. He has accepted responsibility for his words and his actions. He has been fined for this incident." http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000224176/article/eagles-fine-riley-cooper-for-insensitive-comment

Rabb
08-02-2013, 08:05 AM
And apparently they were annoying.

I bet they hoot and holler during movies

broncocalijohn
08-02-2013, 10:19 AM

Yes, and they speak a little better compared to your post.

Punisher
08-02-2013, 10:22 AM
LEAVE BLACK PEOPLE ALONE!
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/kHmvkRoEowc/hqdefault.jpg

Smilin Assassin
08-02-2013, 10:30 AM

Two.

But, they tried their best not to make eye contact with the irate redneck.

broncosteven
08-02-2013, 10:31 AM

Maybe he thought he was at an NWA concert?

Cito Pelon
08-03-2013, 07:07 AM
**** all these black folks criticizing Cooper for saying ******. When black folks stop calling each other ******, I'll stop calling some of them ******s.

I was listening to Rodney Harrison on the radio just now saying, "I've used the n-word many, many times, and you hear it a lot in locker rooms." But Cooper needs extensive counseling. **** you, Rodney. Go get some counseling and take all your brothas with you.

Kaylore
08-03-2013, 07:10 AM
**** all these black folks criticizing Cooper for saying ******. When black folks stop calling each other ******, I'll stop calling some of them ******s.

I was listening to Rodney Harrison on the radio just now saying, "I've used the n-word many, many times, and you hear it a lot in locker rooms." But Cooper needs extensive counseling. **** you, Rodney. Go get some counseling and take all your brothas with you.

http://nypelagic.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/disappoint4.jpg

TheReverend
08-03-2013, 07:45 AM

...yikes

Bigdawg26
08-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Yes, and they speak a little better compared to your post.

Well I didn't see any in the short video? No need for a smart @** remark!

Bigdawg26
08-03-2013, 08:20 AM

http://suxorz.com/images/2013/08/02/Ulekm.jpg

rmsanger
08-03-2013, 08:25 AM

Because he used the work nukka + is white + a threatening violent act. So automatically he is a racist and everything he ever has done or anyone he has ever known is now tainted.

This f'ing country sometimes!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-03-2013, 08:32 AM

... okay.

errand
08-03-2013, 08:37 AM
...yikes

Can't say I blame Cito for having the attitude he has.......after all, if the president can claim a black person's life experiences can cause their racist views of whites, then why can't the scenario be reversed? Maybe some blacks have wronged Cito......or a member of his family?

Add in that we've been told by the liberals in this nation that

the entire world's ancestors came from Africa,

that Adam and Eve were actually black,

and that it's cool if blacks call other blacks the "N" word regardless if they use the "er" or "a"

so using their alleged truths, then that logically means that Cito's ancestors are from Africa, and were black, and since that means he's really a black man, why can't he use the word if it's allegedly ok for blacks to use it?

If a woman went around calling other women a B itch, a W hore, or a C unt.....why would she then be shocked if a man called her the same thing?

amazing how a black man can call a white man "cracker" or "cracka" and nobody says crap (and "cracker" is used the same way as "N" word is used - to cause hurt, demean, and make fun of)...but when the roles are reversed and a white guy uses that "N" word it's a major crime?

I've said it many times on here....a derogatory name is a derogatory name regardless of who says it. Justice for everyone or justice for no one.....if the NFL is gonna punish him for saying it, they should punish everyone who says it or any other derogatory name regardless of skin color

TheReverend
08-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Can't say I blame Cito for having the attitude he has.......after all, if the president can claim a black person's life experiences can cause their racist views of whites, then why can't the scenario be reversed? Maybe some blacks have wronged Cito......or a member of his family?

and that it's cool if blacks call other blacks the "N" word regardless if they use the "er" or "a"

so using their alleged truths, then that logically means that Cito's ancestors are from Africa, and were black, and since that means he's really a black man, why can't he use the word if it's allegedly ok for blacks to use it?

If a woman went around calling other women a B itch, a W hore, or a C unt.....why would she then be shocked if a man called her the same thing?

amazing how a black man can call a white man "cracker" or "cracka" and nobody says crap (and "cracker" is used the same way as "N" word is used - to cause hurt, demean, and make fun of)...but when the roles are reversed and a white guy uses that "N" word it's a major crime?

I've said it many times on here....a derogatory name is a derogatory name regardless of who says it. Justice for everyone or justice for no one.....if the NFL is gonna punish him for saying it, they should punish everyone who says it or any other derogatory name regardless of skin color

Eh. I'm a white guy. I laugh at racist jokes. I do think there are reverse racism examples (Obama's reelection, for one).

...but I definitely avoid that word. Nothing positive comes from it and there are no words a minority could say to me that has the same emotional degradation or or negative connotation and that's really the bottom-line for me.

"Honkey" or "cracker" will never have the same emasculating effect or have the same power to undercut an entire race and their cultural accomplishments with a single word.

Maybe Jews can associate somewhat since their "k-word" is pretty heavy too, but I simply don't have a place to say either.

So you can turn this into a conversation about liberalism, anecdotal experience and about how common blacks use the word themselves, but the bottom-line is that you're reaching to justify something that's wrong. And even if you found enough to justify it, it's still wrong and always will be.

Last thing: How did you fit a weird anti-evolution rant in there?

bombay
08-03-2013, 08:57 AM
So lots of white guys are pissed because they can't say n*****?

Why would you want to?

Bigdawg26
08-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Eh. I'm a white guy. I laugh at racist jokes. I do think there are reverse racism examples (Obama's reelection, for one).

...but I definitely avoid that word. Nothing positive comes from it and there are no words a minority could say to me that has the same emotional degradation or or negative connotation and that's really the bottom-line for me.

"Honkey" or "cracker" will never have the same emasculating effect or have the same power to undercut an entire race and their cultural accomplishments with a single word.

Maybe Jews can associate somewhat since their "k-word" is pretty heavy too, but I simply don't have a place to say either.

So you can turn this into a conversation about liberalism, anecdotal experience and about how common blacks use the word themselves, but the bottom-line is that you're reaching to justify something that's wrong. And even if you found enough to justify it, it's still wrong and always will be.

+1

yerner
08-03-2013, 09:02 AM
wow, ive never read a thread ive hated more on the mane. really shows some peoples
true colors.

theAPAOps5
08-03-2013, 09:20 AM
wow, ive never read a thread ive hated more on the mane. really shows some peoples
true colors.

My thoughts exactly. I am surprised actually.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-03-2013, 09:21 AM
http://www.belch.com/img/nigerplease.jpg

errand
08-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Eh. I'm a white guy. I laugh at racist jokes.

I agree that many jokes about racial stereotypes are pretty funny...

I do think there are reverse racism examples (Obama's reelection, for one).

reverse racism runs rampant in this country nowadays.....ever notice how it is generally caucasians that are charged with "hate" crimes or labelled racists?

...but I definitely avoid that word.

As do I...in fact the only time it is even uttered by me is when these kind of discussions are debated

Nothing positive comes from it and there are no words a minority could say to me that has the same emotional degradation or or negative connotation and that's really the bottom-line for me.

While I too was raised that "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me"....but not everyone has my attitude to the whole name calling thing.

Some whites do have a problem with being called "cracker" as it is meant to demean them as racist, slave owner loving, pieces of white trash

I'm also a believer that if you legitimize one freakshow you're gonna have to legitimize them all. If using the word "cracker" is ok for blacks to use, then I'm not shocked that some whites don't see the big to do over this guy using the "N" word. Which is why I said if the NFL is gonna have a punishment for using the word they need to make sure ANYONE regardless of race is punished for it.

"cracker' is being used to undercut the white race just the same as "****er" to undercut the black race.

And yet amazingly, the same race baiters like Jackson and Sharpton who point out every use of the "N" word are usually the worst offenders when using Hymie town or Kike once again...a derogatory name is a derogatory name regardless of who says it

I'm not trying to justify anything.....but I do understand where others who feel the way Cito does are coming from. And I've stated numerous times on here that it is wrong to use it, and it shouldn't matter if a black guy or white guy says it

Just pointing out that the ridiculous argument FOR using the word is if you're black, you can use it.......well, according to some people, we're ALL descendants of blacks from Africa, so if being black is justification for using the word, and we all have black ancestors, then that means everyone is justified in using it.

in bold

errand
08-03-2013, 09:38 AM
http://www.belch.com/img/nigerplease.jpg

I'll see your Niger please and raise you Chris Rock's -

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ME4vyCckDQQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncosfanGuy
08-03-2013, 09:42 AM
"cracker' is being used to undercut the white race just the same as "****er" to undercut the black race.

not even close. even a rudimentary understanding of this country's history would show that the term 'cracker' or probably any other racist term has nowhere near the degrading connotations as the n word.

Tombstone RJ
08-03-2013, 09:52 AM
this is a classic example of the media making a big deal out of a very little mistake by a football player who was drunk and said something stupid.

Congrats for making this some huge crapfest people.

The NFL network had a professor from UC Berkeley on--an African American professor--who basically said the same thing. He said he accepts Cooper's apology and that should be enough. Then he basically called out the black community and the media which throws the N word around like it's going out of style.

Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised by what this African American professor had to say on the subject.

peace out

errand
08-03-2013, 09:53 AM
not even close. even a rudimentary understanding of this country's history would show that the term 'cracker' or probably any other racist term has nowhere near the degrading connotations as the n word.

How does one racist remark trump another racist remark?

Silly me, for thinking racist remarks are bad no matter what it is or who said it.....

BroncosfanGuy
08-03-2013, 10:00 AM
How does one racist remark trump another racist remark?

Silly me, for thinking racist remarks are bad no matter what it is or who said it.....

no, but it might be silly not understanding bad and worse. or at least feigning not understanding that one word can have much deeper meaning than another.

if you paid attention to any history class from middle school on, you probably understand the difference between the n word and someone calling you a cracker.

Mogulseeker
08-03-2013, 10:11 AM

While I disagree with this completely, I think that Harrison's little rant was wrong, too.

He was saying something about how Ginger Hammer is a disciplinarian, and how he was disappointed with the commissioner's response to the whole thing. He said the NFL should suspend Cooper.

I disagree, because it's setting a different standard for black and white players. In this is a case, it is a black and white issue (pun intended). If you suspend one player for saying the n-word, then you have to suspend every player who uses the word.

Hell, I've seen the word on Ryan Clady and Wes Woodyard's facebook page.

Otherwise, you're holding black players and white players to a different standard.

I'm not saying it's the same when a white person or a black person says the word... I AM saying that the NFL should be colorblind.

Mile High Salute
08-03-2013, 01:21 PM

Wow. Hey Riley, is that you??

peacepipe
08-03-2013, 01:32 PM
While I disagree with this completely, I think that Harrison's little rant was wrong, too.

He was saying something about how Ginger Hammer is a disciplinarian, and how he was disappointed with the commissioner's response to the whole thing. He said the NFL should suspend Cooper.

I disagree, because it's setting a different standard for black and white players. In this is a case, it is a black and white issue (pun intended). If you suspend one player for saying the n-word, then you have to suspend every player who uses the word.

Hell, I've seen the word on Ryan Clady and Wes Woodyard's facebook page.

Otherwise, you're holding black players and white players to a different standard.

I'm not saying it's the same when a white person or a black person says the word... I AM saying that the NFL should be colorblind.
Context. It's like the word gay. For example, cito pelon is really gay about the possible chance that Denver will win the SB. Vs cito pelon is gay.

bombay
08-03-2013, 01:36 PM
The argument that 'they do it' is idiotic.

jerseyboiler120
08-03-2013, 01:37 PM
I've been out of the mane loop for a couple weeks. I was very busy trying to find the punishment roddy white and victor Cruz received or their racist behaviors which actually included stating that people should die in the wake of little angel treyvon's case.

Of course I did not find it.

But clearly Cooper is being treated fairly by exclusion from team activities and counseling. Yes, society truly is fair in these times.

Drunk Monkey
08-03-2013, 01:45 PM
I'll see your Niger please and raise you Chris Rock's -

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ME4vyCckDQQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Please clarify your ethnic background. I am not sure if I should be outraged just yet.

ghwk
08-03-2013, 02:28 PM

You can now find the white dude and the Mexican recovering nicely at your local hospital.

ghwk
08-03-2013, 02:33 PM

You missed Santa Claus. He's definately black too. Nigerian I think.

DENVERDUI55
08-04-2013, 10:35 AM

Agreed they need to suspend about every other black player that freely uses the word or any variation of it.

bombay
08-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Cooper doesn't have to worry much about being suspended. He has to worry about being accepted back into the locker room. I guess that's what happens when you use hateful terminology toward 80% of your teammates. Poor baby.

bombay
08-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Cooper needs a veteran black teammate to cross the locker room, put his arm around him and walk him back to the team.

That would be a generous act.

broncocalijohn
08-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Well I didn't see any in the short video? No need for a smart @** remark!

Dude, concerning your unreadable post on page 6, it was a smart ass remark or reply to a horrible structured sentence. It made no sense. Own up to it and no need to call someone out on it with a little Omane humor to it.

broncocalijohn
08-04-2013, 04:38 PM
I am not sure if Cito or Errand's response to it is worse then the other.

Fact: White guy wants to fight "****ers"...all of them.

He didn't want to fight one a-hole that he wanted to call a ****er, he seems to respond to all blacks. Big difference when blacks call each other ****ers or ****as. Hard for them to complain about the word when they use it so freely.

There are whites that are considered White Trash and there are blacks that are considered ****ers. BUT, calling out what seemed like the whole race (or at least all blacks working the concert) is pretty much the reason he is being lambasted by all people except a few like you two.

I do consider being drunk is an excuse but he should be responsible for what he said. He is probably screwed as he is in a profession where most players are black. Good luck with that Cooper!

nyuk nyuk
08-04-2013, 05:11 PM
While white America is subject to music, movies, and political rants by the likes of

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_uxGKU7wdZ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hqCLr6MSBWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uPRX5bJ261U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And we're going to wail about a drunken football player?

Nuh uh.

nyuk nyuk
08-04-2013, 05:13 PM
Cooper needs a veteran black teammate to cross the locker room, put his arm around him and walk him back to the team.

That would be a generous act.

I don't see why. I see so much anti-white bilge by athletes, entertainers, and elsewhere that people aren't held to the fire for. Why here and now other than the guy is white?

Isn't that racist profiling?

Cito Pelon
08-04-2013, 05:34 PM

How ya doin, white boy? A grown man like yourself, do you like being called white boy? Blacks routinely use that description of whites. Of course, if I used a term like "black boy" oh man, that's off limits, man I need counseling.

**** that, I don't tiptoe around black folks. I'm not scared of blacks like many whites are.

TheReverend
08-04-2013, 05:58 PM
How ya doin, white boy? A grown man like yourself, do you like being called white boy? Blacks routinely use that description of whites. Of course, if I used a term like "black boy" oh man, that's off limits, man I need counseling.

**** that, I don't tiptoe around black folks. I'm not scared of blacks like many whites are.

I'm not that sensitive Cito.

And it's not about what other people do. It's about what you do. That's what matters.

Cito Pelon
08-04-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm not that sensitive Cito.

And it's not about what other people do. It's about what you do. That's what matters.

Alright. Carry on, and let's hope it all works out OK somewhere down the road.

nyuk nyuk
08-04-2013, 07:02 PM

I don't think it's fear so much as white guilt.

I've been called cracker plenty of times. I'm not a man, so "white boy" doesn't apply.

nyuk nyuk
08-04-2013, 07:08 PM

This is how I view the word racist:

It's a racial slur against whites. Why? Because it's used almost exclusively as a character attack against whites only.

Archer81
08-04-2013, 07:11 PM
I dont feel guilt. I can't be sorry for something I have not done. I also cannot be held responsible for the failings of other ethnic groups.

Plus, I have been called worse things then white boy or cracker. Says more about the assbag using that word then anything else.

txtebow
08-05-2013, 06:18 AM
The N-word is more offensive than other racial epithets for the simple reality and legacy of slavery. If you simply put yourself in the shoes of being an AA and imagine someone calling YOU that word, I think it's fairly reasonable to see how powerful in a negative sense that word truly is.

On the other hand, NO ONE SHOULD USE THAT WORD and if we are in the business of persecuting individuals for using that word, the punishment needs to be universal. Our current political climate is one where we tend to hold one group of people to a different/higher standard than others. It's done in the media(see Zimmerman, JENA6 , Duke Rape Hoax and the lack of coverage of the much more prominent interracial crimes that involve black perps and white victims--that's our CURRENT REALITY), at schools (see the current administrations policy on school discipline based on RACE http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/27/obama-backs-race-based-school-discipline-policies/) and in business (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/2/now-its-racist-to-pass-on-hiring-ex-cons/). IF we truly want to move forward as a nation, we need to aspire to having everyone raise up to meet those high standards instead of our current policies of different standards for different races of people while pretending that our country is stronger for it.

Riley Cooper used the N-word out of anger/frustration and it was reprehensible. There are many blacks who use the same word far more often under the same pretense of anger and frustration. This event should truly be about removing the word altogether from our collective vocabularies but instead it's use is being defended by some (Rodney Harrison,etc) as some sort of birth right because one happens to have more melanin than another person. This could be an occasion for the Eagles and the NFL to take a stand against the use of the N word altogether; instead it's become another attempt to politically and culturally assassinate people of European descent, with Riley Cooper being the epicenter.

errand
08-05-2013, 05:51 PM
I am not sure if Cito or Errand's response to it is worse then the other.

then you need to read the posts again.....all I said about Cito's post was I understand his way of thinking....did not say I agreed with it.

Fact: White guy wants to fight "****ers"...all of them.

did it ever occur to you that there were 2-3 or more people in the group he was directing his remarks towards? I doubt he meant every black person in the world....but regardless, where in my posts did I say it was OK to say it?

He didn't want to fight one a-hole that he wanted to call a ****er, he seems to respond to all blacks.

...or as I pointed out perhaps it was a group of blacks

Big difference when blacks call each other ****ers or ****as. Hard for them to complain about the word when they use it so freely.

OK, so now you just said the same thing Cito said....

There are whites that are considered White Trash and there are blacks that are considered ****ers.

Derogatory names are derogatory names..I've always said that. But here you are stating that there are "****ers". Wow....so I'm guessing you use the word a few times?

BUT, calling out what seemed like the whole race (or at least all blacks working the concert) is pretty much the reason he is being lambasted by all people except a few like you two.

Again, read the posts again, because I have stated numerous times it's a derogatory name and shouldn't be used by anyone of any race....so WTF do you mean "you two"?

I do consider being drunk is an excuse but he should be responsible for what he said.

Drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts.....so, no it's not an excuse.

He is probably screwed as he is in a profession where most players are black. Good luck with that Cooper!

Perhaps he is screwed.....but seriously who truly has even heard of this guy until now?

In bold

nyuk nyuk
08-06-2013, 10:24 AM
You can now find the white dude and the Mexican recovering nicely at your local hospital.

That's not a very complimentary thing to say about black people. It implies they're more prone to violent reactions to verbal slights.

broncocalijohn
08-06-2013, 10:30 AM
In bold

I am not going to go over everything as I would have to make this like some essay but yes, I have used the word Ni**er before as well as white trash. In fact, I am sure you won't be able to read the "N Word" but no problem seeing the White Trash phrase. Difference is I don't use the N word in public and I don't refer all blacks as ****ers (as I don't refer all whites as White Trash). I rarely use the word ****er or White Trash but I feel certain type of person earns both words. I wouldn't use it to describe all people as I try to judge everyone on their own merit. I don't want to fight all blacks or ****ers as Cooper stated in his rant. I also believe you do things drunk that you don't do sober and doesn't mean you want to do it but being drunk brings it out. That is way too simple excuse. I doubt most people want to go 100 mph the wrong way on a freeway. Many fights happen during drunk situations but those participants might never have thought of raising their fist in anger.
Was Cooper just saying what he really feels? I am not sure but I do know he might have some issues with drinking or blacks.

nyuk nyuk
08-06-2013, 10:56 AM
The N-word is more offensive than other racial epithets for the simple reality and legacy of slavery. If you simply put yourself in the shoes of being an AA and imagine someone calling YOU that word, I think it's fairly reasonable to see how powerful in a negative sense that word truly is.

I disagree, and I'm sick of hearing "the legacy of slavery" invoked for all types of ****ty behavior. Words we consider epithets today were considered neutral or even polite when used. Words like negro or colored were not epithets at the time. Now I'm told I am "racist" at times for using the word black, even though that was the word that whites were told by black leadership to use in place of words like colored and negro until Jesse Jackson came along in the 1980s and changed it to "African-American."

Modern political connotations are often totally void of historical accuracy.

So all I can figure is that James Brown was being racist when he sang, "Say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud."

TheReverend
08-06-2013, 11:21 AM
I disagree, and I'm sick of hearing "the legacy of slavery" invoked for all types of ****ty behavior. Words we consider epithets today were considered neutral or even polite when used. Words like negro or colored were not epithets at the time. Now I'm told I am "racist" at times for using the word black, even though that was the word that whites were told by black leadership to use in place of words like colored and negro until Jesse Jackson came along in the 1980s and changed it to "African-American."

So all I can figure is that James Brown was being racist when he sang, "Say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud."

I'd bet quite a bit of money that no one ever actually called you racist for using the word "black".

broncocalijohn
08-06-2013, 12:25 PM

When were you called a racist for using the word "Black" instead of African American? I know you are trying to tell a point but don't make **** up.

nyuk nyuk
08-06-2013, 12:42 PM
When were you called a racist for using the word "Black" instead of African American? I know you are trying to tell a point but don't make **** up.

Not often, but it's happened now and again. Twice online and once in person, years ago, I was scolded for saying "black." The one online who called me racist for it was struck silent when I linked her to James Brown's music. Illiteracy is an ugly thing.

nyuk nyuk
08-06-2013, 12:42 PM
I'd bet quite a bit of money that no one ever actually called you racist for using the word "black".

Then you'd lose quite a bit of money.

W*GS
08-06-2013, 02:12 PM
[...]

When were the Newsom/Christian murders?

nyuk nyuk
08-06-2013, 03:21 PM

Why would that matter?

Arkie
08-06-2013, 03:53 PM

W*GS
08-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Why would that matter?

It's been a while. Just another case of your fake indignation.

If you're going to get all angry about 6 years ago, why not 160 too? Oh, because that would violate your premise that black-on-white crime is deliberately overlooked whereas white-on-black crime is excessively hyped. Never mind all those blacks who were killed by whites and literally faced no consequences whatsoever.

TheReverend
08-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Then you'd lose quite a bit of money.

No offense man, but judging from your POV in the discussion, I'm guessing they weren't calling you a racist because you said "black", but instead because you sounded like a racist. You definitely give off that vibe a bit.

errand
08-06-2013, 05:37 PM

January 6, 2007

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/classics/christian-newsom/a-young-couple-disappears.html

nyuk nyuk
08-07-2013, 05:01 AM
No offense man, but judging from your POV in the discussion, I'm guessing they weren't calling you a racist because you said "black", but instead because you sounded like a racist. You definitely give off that vibe a bit.

How's that? Is it necessarily me and not the perception and personal views of the reader?

nyuk nyuk
08-07-2013, 05:04 AM

If you're going to get all angry about 6 years ago, why not 160 too? Oh, because that would violate your premise that black-on-white crime is deliberately overlooked whereas white-on-black crime is excessively hyped. Never mind all those blacks who were killed by whites and literally faced no consequences whatsoever.

Tell this to people who rattle on about Emmett Till and get back to me. You wallow in historical grievances dating back well over 50 years ago while you trash someone on this thread bringing up a savage murder that took place less than 10 years ago, and you do it with a straight face.

Blacks commit 90% of interracial murder and other crimes. As such, how can this be "hyped"? Points made in that regard are absolutely valid. I wasn't the one that brought that couple up, so please, keep your whining directed at the correct person. Why in God's name are you scratching my eyes out?

nyuk nyuk
08-07-2013, 05:05 AM
January 6, 2007

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/classics/christian-newsom/a-young-couple-disappears.html

He's never heard of them before thus proving the point of the person who brought it up to begin with.

txtebow
08-07-2013, 06:04 AM

6 years ago was well within the realm of our modern media machinery of 24/7 cable news and the internet. Yet, for some reason a white man getting his penis cutoff by a group of black thugs while his girl friend watched and the girl friend subsequently being raped and murdered in the most heinous way didn't receive NEAR the attention that the JENA-6 did, the Duke "rape" case or of course the Zimmerman-martin case which was nothing more than SELF DEFENSE . People with your POV are entirely the problem. Like the rest of the masses, you're unwilling to treat people of all races with the same level of scrutiny and are quick to jump on a story that fits the narrative of America circa 1920.... You don't truly know what equality is......

Rohirrim
08-07-2013, 07:29 AM
6 years ago was well within the realm of our modern media machinery of 24/7 cable news and the internet. Yet, for some reason a white man getting his penis cutoff by a group of black thugs while his girl friend watched and the girl friend subsequently being raped and murdered in the most heinous way didn't receive NEAR the attention that the JENA-6 did, the Duke "rape" case or of course the Zimmerman-martin case which was nothing more than SELF DEFENSE . People with your POV are entirely the problem. Like the rest of the masses, you're unwilling to treat people of all races with the same level of scrutiny and are quick to jump on a story that fits the narrative of America circa 1920.... You don't truly know what equality is......

If you actually read the details of the case, you would find that the prosecutor DID investigate whether this was a "hate" crime and found no evidence of such. In fact, they found evidence to the contrary, just as in the Zimmerman case. What they did discover was a group of sociopaths led by a psychopath committed a brutal, heinous crime. Of course, you want to leap to the conclusion that this means that all African Americans are sociopaths and psychopaths. Fortunately, your kind is in the minority. Actually, I should say in the fringe.

txtebow
08-07-2013, 05:27 PM
If you actually read the details of the case, you would find that the prosecutor DID investigate whether this was a "hate" crime and found no evidence of such. In fact, they found evidence to the contrary, just as in the Zimmerman case. What they did discover was a group of sociopaths led by a psychopath committed a brutal, heinous crime. Of course, you want to leap to the conclusion that this means that all African Americans are sociopaths and psychopaths. Fortunately, your kind is in the minority. Actually, I should say in the fringe.

How in the world can u make that leap from my post? My beef is with the PC media and the inability of them to deal with the modern day realities of interracial crime; instead they hold on to some early 20th century notion of violently oppressive white males and whenever a story comes along that seems to fit that early 20th century narrative, the media and the race hustlers jump all over it extorting and distorting our justice system for their personal gain. Our reality is that interracial crime where whites are the aggressors are statistically fewer than whites being the victim. Yet our media covers the ABERRATIONAL crimes (and often times those incidents which appear to fit the white aggressor profile) with much more vigor and venom. Why do you think that is?

And where was the constant 24/7 coverage back in 2007 about this heinous crime? why did I not hear about this until over a year later? how does this crime not rise to the level of importance of the faux crime coverage of the JENA-6, The DUke Lacrosse team and of course Zimmerman? It's because the political elite don't want to hold EVERYONE to the same standards...the same political elites who crafted the educational reading and math literacy rates based on Race down in Florida...

nyuk nyuk
08-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Of course, you want to leap to the conclusion that this means that all African Americans are sociopaths and psychopaths. Fortunately, your kind is in the minority. Actually, I should say in the fringe.

Where were you when all the race baiters in the media and black community were calling Zimmerman (and still are) a white racist? God forbid I see a liberal lambast other liberals for the likes of this!

nyuk nyuk
08-07-2013, 10:02 PM
People with your POV are entirely the problem. Like the rest of the masses, you're unwilling to treat people of all races with the same level of scrutiny and are quick to jump on a story that fits the narrative of America circa 1920.... You don't truly know what equality is......

It's what I call 'typical liberal behavior' and has a big part of why I left the left.

Rohirrim
08-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Where were you when all the race baiters in the media and black community were calling Zimmerman (and still are) a white racist? God forbid I see a liberal lambast other liberals for the likes of this!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3875532&postcount=394

Try again, cupcake.

Rohirrim
08-08-2013, 07:51 AM
How in the world can u make that leap from my post?

I make that leap from the context of all of your posts combined.

nyuk nyuk
08-08-2013, 02:17 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3875532&postcount=394

Try again, cupcake.

Nice to see someone saying something but a dissenting drop doesn't stop the tsunami.

txtebow
08-08-2013, 05:36 PM
I make that leap from the context of all of your posts combined.

And you show your lack of mental acuity by making such a leap.....

Requiem
08-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Ro's IQ is five times the size of yours.

txtebow
08-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Ro's IQ is five times the size of yours.

:rofl:

If you only knew what I do for a living...

bowtown
08-08-2013, 09:05 PM
:rofl:

If you only knew what I do for a living...

Pressing sheets?

houghtam
08-09-2013, 03:22 AM
Pressing sheets?

Too cerebral. I'm guessing cabin boy for the SS Heritage Foundation.

broncocalijohn
08-09-2013, 12:41 PM

I have to go with Txtebow on this one. He was posting about where the media was covering this murder(s) and you jump to it being a hate crime and saying blacks are sociopaths or psychos. Nowhere does he claim it (or Nyuk). He just wants the same coverage as the Zimmerman case or cases like it.

houghtam
08-09-2013, 12:46 PM
I have to go with Txtebow on this one. He was posting about where the media was covering this murder(s) and you jump to it being a hate crime and saying blacks are sociopaths or psychos. Nowhere does he claim it (or Nyuk). He just wants the same coverage as the Zimmerman case or cases like it.

Another case of: look at his posting history, get to know the guy a little bit. Then you too will see everything he says as race baiting and bigotry.

nyuk nyuk
08-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Another case of: look at his posting history, get to know the guy a little bit. Then you too will see everything he says as race baiting and bigotry.

It's in the eye of the liberal beholder that suffers a massive case of hostile attributional bias.

I would suggest not labeling others with a slur accusing them of being exactly what you are.

big·ot·ry
[big-uh-tree] Show IPA

noun, plural big·ot·ries.
stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

the actions, beliefs, prejudices, etc., of a bigot.

nyuk nyuk
08-10-2013, 10:39 AM

A lot of TX's criticism is about selective media coverage to promote a certain racial narrative, and in that he is totally correct. This couple is one of literally countless examples of such a thing. The national cable news media - to a man - ignored the largest hate crime spree in Denver history because the victims were nearly all white.

You think that was an accident?

txtebow
08-10-2013, 10:53 AM
A lot of TX's criticism is about selective media coverage to promote a certain racial narrative, and in that he is totally correct. This couple is one of literally countless examples of such a thing. The national cable news media - to a man - ignored the largest hate crime spree in Denver history because the victims were nearly all white.

Precisely. What other sub culture other than poor,African American gangster culture is embraced and apologized for by such a large extent of the media and popular culture? answer: NO other subculture.

Nobody in the media is apologizing for the white trash meth lab cultivating sub culture of Appalachia as having lived oppressed lives and therefore their choice for a course in life is excusable. And further, that culture is not EMBRACED like the gangster black culture is via music and movies where even suburbia has been infected by that filth because of a media empire that chooses to glamorize it. Our media and culture is doing a disservice to ALL AMERICANS but especially AA's by holding them to a lesser standard than European americans...

nyuk nyuk
08-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Precisely. What other sub culture other than poor,African American gangster culture is embraced and apologized for by such a large extent of the media and popular culture? answer: NO other subculture.

Nobody in the media is apologizing for the white trash meth lab cultivating sub culture of Appalachia as having lived oppressed lives and therefore their choice for a course in life is excusable. And further, that culture is not EMBRACED like the gangster black culture is via music and movies where even suburbia has been infected by that filth because of a media empire that chooses to glamorize it. Our media and culture is doing a disservice to ALL AMERICANS but especially AA's by holding them to a lesser standard than European americans...

I think it's even worse than that. How can you say you let a certain group off with lowered standards and expectations like that and say you aren't exercising racism against them?

Get this novel idea: Liberal whites need to stop buzzing around black people trying to "fix" them and leave them alone like they would any other group of adults and allow them to conduct their own affairs like everyone else.

God forbid!

txtebow
08-10-2013, 11:05 AM
I think it's even worse than that. How can you say you let a certain group off with lowered standards and expectations like that and say you aren't exercising racism against them?

Get this novel idea: Liberal whites need to stop buzzing around black people trying to "fix" them and leave them alone like they would any other group of adults and allow them to conduct their own affairs like everyone else.

God forbid!

spot on.

Rohirrim
08-10-2013, 11:41 AM

Actually, the worst race riot in Denver's history was in 1887 and was between Swedish, Polish and Hungarian immigrants. Before that, there was the Hop Alley anti-Chinese riot in 1880 where whites tried to burn out the Chinese and hung a few of them before they were stopped.

nyuk nyuk
08-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Actually, the worst race riot in Denver's history was in 1887 and was between Swedish, Polish and Hungarian immigrants. Before that, there was the Hop Alley anti-Chinese riot in 1880 where whites tried to burn out the Chinese and hung a few of them before they were stopped.

I said hate crime spree, not a single short riot. Over 50 attacks including at least one murder. Television news didn't exist in 1887. That excuse doesn't cut it today.

Rohirrim
08-10-2013, 12:28 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x017zexYdVA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

txtebow
08-10-2013, 01:25 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x017zexYdVA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thank you. Now where's the national outrage?

TheReverend
09-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Cary Williams just threw down his helmet and went after Cooper in practice

DenverBrit
09-05-2013, 10:17 AM
What % of total crimes are hate crimes??

TonyR
09-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Cary Williams just threw down his helmet and went after Cooper in practice

Yup, and Vick broke up the dog fight...

Here's the video: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/05/riley-cooper-fight-cary-williams-eagles_n_3874238.html?ref=topbar

txtebow
09-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Yup, and Vick broke up the dog fight...

Here's the video: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/05/riley-cooper-fight-cary-williams-eagles_n_3874238.html?ref=topbar

"the "dog fight"? Really?