PDA

View Full Version : Easy cure for type II Diabetes - but will the fat lazy basturds do it?

baja
07-30-2013, 02:03 PM
http://www.thereisacurefordiabetes.org/simplyraw

W*GS
07-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Why do 90% of your posts with links point to sites selling something?

You're just a shill.

baja
07-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Why do 90% of your posts with links point to sites selling something?

You're just a shill.

The information is 100% FREE. All that is required if your ability to hit play and listen.

Why do you have me on speed dial?

For those that have a longer learning curve like yourself there is a book available.

baja
07-30-2013, 02:36 PM
For the rest of you this is a great break through in treating diabetes.

El Minion
07-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Lose weight by eating more fresh vegetables, fruits and fish. No red meat, no sugar, no processed/packaged foods, no liquid calories (sodas, diet, juices, etc.) and exercise like walking 1 hour a day. Eat big breakfast, medium lunch and small dinner. That's what i'm doing at it has worked, just need to quit the evening wine drinking :griese:

Rohirrim
07-30-2013, 03:26 PM
http://www.thereisacurefordiabetes.org/simplyraw

Why does anybody who eats raw look like a cadaver?

Man should not eat raw. The brain of man was built on cooked foods, especially meats. Many anthropologists are beginning to hypothesize that man's large brain, which separated him from other hominids, began to develop shortly after he learned to control fire. Why? Because he began to cook his food which unleashed far more of the nutrients. His nutrient load became two and three times what was available to other hominids. This built the big brain. Humans still need that nutrient load to support that brain. Raw food won't cut it.

jhat01
07-30-2013, 03:30 PM
Caveman style! Paleo has got me going pretty good. Venison, elk, and bison are our staples. The kids love it too, and my son's asthma has gotten much, much better since we dumped the grains.

baja
07-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Why does anybody who eats raw look like a cadaver?

Man should not eat raw. The brain of man was built on cooked foods, especially meats. Many anthropologists are beginning to hypothesize that man's large brain, which separated him from other hominids, began to develop shortly after he learned to control fire. Why? Because he began to cook his food which unleashed far more of the nutrients. His nutrient load became two and three times what was available to other hominids. This built the big brain. Humans still need that nutrient load to support that brain. Raw food won't cut it.

Gabriel Cousins is 70 years old and you are looking at a Skype picture in the OP

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/29/Gabriel_Cousens_cropped.jpg

I challenge you to out hike or out exercise him.

I won't even address your cooked food claim other that to say research raw food diet's value to humans. The studies are in and they are overwhelming.

Rohirrim
07-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Gabriel Cousins is 70 years old and you are looking at a Skype picture in the OP

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/29/Gabriel_Cousens_cropped.jpg

I challenge you to out hike or out exercise him.

I won't even address your cooked food claim other that to say research raw food diet's value to humans. The studies are in and they are overwhelming.

Okay. Enjoy.

Much of what he's saying is common knowledge. When humans started grinding the endosperm out of their grains and eating processed foods like sugar, corn syrup, and pretty much everything else, their health went in the tank. That doesn't mean you have to eat nothing but raw foods. Just get rid of the processed crap and you'll be fine.

Doesn't change my point. Humans can't get enough nutrients out of a raw food diet. Especially a vegan raw food diet. We are not gorillas, and we don't have eight hours a day to sit around munching on all the foods we would need to even survive on such a diet.

baja
07-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Okay. Enjoy.

Much of what he's saying is common knowledge. When humans started grinding the endosperm out of their grains and eating processed foods like sugar, corn syrup, and pretty much everything else, their health went in the tank. That doesn't mean you have to eat nothing but raw foods. Just get rid of the processed crap and you'll be fine.

Doesn't change my point. Humans can't get enough nutrients out of a raw food diet. Especially a vegan raw food diet. We are not gorillas, and we don't have eight hours a day to sit around munching on all the foods we would need to even survive on such a diet.

That is a false statement Ro. There are many raw and high% raw people living long healthy lives. Balance is the key. If you really want to know the truth I will post link to books that have the proof. All the proof I need is my own personal experience. I am about 85% raw and never have I felt better.

baja
07-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Okay. Enjoy.

That is why we have blenders and juicers ;D

and nutrient dense super foods

Rohirrim
07-30-2013, 04:49 PM
That is a false statement Ro. There are many raw and high% raw people living long healthy lives. Balance is the key. If you really want to know the truth I will post link to books that have the proof. All the proof I need is my own personal experience. I am about 85% raw and never have I felt better.

Nope. The science supports me:

Sure, raw foods can be nutritious. But cooking breaks apart fibers and cellular walls to release nutrients that otherwise would be unavailable from the same raw food. Cooking tomatoes, for example, increases by five-fold the bioavailability of the antioxidant lycopene. Similarly, cooking carrots makes the beta-carotene they contain more available for the body to absorb. Soups are full of nutrients that would not be available in a pot of raw carrots, onions, parsnips and potatoes.
http://www.livescience.com/26278-risks-raw-vegan-diet.html

Humans have been cooking their food for a million years. Cooking is part of our evolutionary process. In fact, it's probably had more of an impact than the invention of the wheel. Like I said,

The most apparent problems are nutritional deficiencies, particularly for vitamins B12 and D, selenium, zinc, iron and two omega-3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA. Without taking supplements in pill form, it would be very difficult (and, for B12, impossible) to obtain a sufficient amount of these nutrients from raw, plant-based foods. (ibid.)

baja
07-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Nope. The science supports me:

Sure, raw foods can be nutritious. But cooking breaks apart fibers and cellular walls to release nutrients that otherwise would be unavailable from the same raw food. Cooking tomatoes, for example, increases by five-fold the bioavailability of the antioxidant lycopene. Similarly, cooking carrots makes the beta-carotene they contain more available for the body to absorb. Soups are full of nutrients that would not be available in a pot of raw carrots, onions, parsnips and potatoes.
http://www.livescience.com/26278-risks-raw-vegan-diet.html

Humans have been cooking their food for a million years. Cooking is part of our evolutionary process. In fact, it's probably had more of an impact than the invention of the wheel. Like I said,

The most apparent problems are nutritional deficiencies, particularly for vitamins B12 and D, selenium, zinc, iron and two omega-3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA. Without taking supplements in pill form, it would be very difficult (and, for B12, impossible) to obtain a sufficient amount of these nutrients from raw, plant-based foods. (ibid.)

That what vita mix's and green star juicers are for.

This is a very long discussion we are on the edge of that frankly I don't have the time or inclination for. Like I said in a previous post if you ask I will link you some books that explain why raw is best and document long term living proof.

Rohirrim
07-30-2013, 06:25 PM
That what vita mix's and green star juicers are for.

This is a very long discussion we are on the edge of that frankly I don't have the time or inclination for. Like I said in a previous post if you ask I will link you some books that explain why raw is best and document long term living proof.

No thanks. I've been studying this stuff for years. I'm pretty caught up on the latest. I'm looking into fermentation processes now. Very interesting stuff.

baja
07-30-2013, 07:10 PM
No thanks. I've been studying this stuff for years. I'm pretty caught up on the latest. I'm looking into fermentation processes now. Very interesting stuff.

I agree with the value of fermented food, although not raw it is uncooked and does not cause an increase in the white cell count (sent to fight foreign invaders) after ingesting like all cooked food does.

Donna Gates has the definitive book on the subject.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/516rbwSFkbL._SL160_.jpg

spdirty
07-30-2013, 07:21 PM
I couldn't do raw foods. But I got fatter than I ever was in May, bordering on obese, and couldn't stand what I saw in the mirror. Since we got busy in early June, and I bust my ass all day in the heat, and stress of the business screws up my appetite, I've just eaten so much less. First 15 pounds were easy. I want to lose another 10. But for me, I love love love to eat late at night. That's the hard part, since eating at night is so bad for you if you're trying to lose weight. But I've been able to go 1-2 days at a time just drinking water and not eating a thing.

I admit the halfway anorexic way is not something I'd recommend, but it works for me. Because it's fast, and I'd rather just not eat than eat either raw crap or weird crap that I have to force down my throat and try not to throw it back up.

But my goal is to get to 175, and once I get there, if I like what I see in the mirror, then I figure my stomach will be trained to eat smaller portions, and I can go back to basically eating what I want, so long as I look at the scale and watch it.

I know I'm gonna get torched for this approach, but whatever. Works for me. :)

baja
07-30-2013, 07:31 PM
I couldn't do raw foods. But I got fatter than I ever was in May, bordering on obese, and couldn't stand what I saw in the mirror. Since we got busy in early June, and I bust my ass all day in the heat, and stress of the business screws up my appetite, I've just eaten so much less. First 15 pounds were easy. I want to lose another 10. But for me, I love love love to eat late at night. That's the hard part, since eating at night is so bad for you if you're trying to lose weight. But I've been able to go 1-2 days at a time just drinking water and not eating a thing.

I admit the halfway anorexic way is not something I'd recommend, but it works for me. Because it's fast, and I'd rather just not eat than eat either raw crap or weird crap that I have to force down my throat and try not to throw it back up.

But my goal is to get to 175, and once I get there, if I like what I see in the mirror, then I figure my stomach will be trained to eat smaller portions, and I can go back to basically eating what I want, so long as I look at the scale and watch it.

I know I'm gonna get torched for this approach, but whatever. Works for me. :)

No not from me. There is no one right way, every body is different. I think the biggest thing is to learn how to listen to your body. It will tell you what it needs not to be confused with what your brain craves.

spdirty
07-30-2013, 08:20 PM
No not from me. There is no one right way, every body is different. I think the biggest thing is to learn how to listen to your body. It will tell you what it needs not to be confused with what your brain craves.

Well, I don't eat right. Right now I'm freaking craving about 3 juicy johnsonville brats with some cheese fries. 11 more pounds though.

Just need some low calorie crap that doesn't taste too bad, that makes me feel full. Right now its ramen noodles and drinking a lot of that broth makes me feel full. 1 a day. 380 calories. It also saves a ton of money, it's basically all my food for 5 days for a buck fiddy. A lot of sodium in it, thats the one thing, but oh well. It's working.

My problem isn't laziness, it's indulgence. I can go all day busting my ass, drinking water, and eating nothing as long as I can go home to those nachos, or sausage, or burgers, or steak burritos with green chili, or steak, and coke, or whatever. You get the idea. I've taken that and went from once a day, for dinner indulging, to once a week indulging. That's how I can stay sane with this. But if i don't get down to 183 by Friday, gonna switch it up and go oatmeal in the mornings and that'll be it for the day. Once again, I don't recommend this to anyone, it's just what I do. I hate having to have willpower.

baja
07-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Well, I don't eat right. Right now I'm freaking craving about 3 juicy johnsonville brats with some cheese fries. 11 more pounds though.

Just need some low calorie crap that doesn't taste too bad, that makes me feel full. Right now its ramen noodles and drinking a lot of that broth makes me feel full. 1 a day. 380 calories. It also saves a ton of money, it's basically all my food for 5 days for a buck fiddy. A lot of sodium in it, thats the one thing, but oh well. It's working.

My problem isn't laziness, it's indulgence. I can go all day busting my ass, drinking water, and eating nothing as long as I can go home to those nachos, or sausage, or burgers, or steak burritos with green chili, or steak, and coke, or whatever. You get the idea. I've taken that and went from once a day, for dinner indulging, to once a week indulging. That's how I can stay sane with this. But if i don't get down to 183 by Friday, gonna switch it up and go oatmeal in the mornings and that'll be it for the day. Once again, I don't recommend this to anyone, it's just what I do. I hate having to have willpower.

This guy has a sensible plan, check it out;

http://www.thegabrielmethod.com

B-Large
07-31-2013, 09:16 AM
To lose weight, you need to eat a certain amount of any kind of calorie. Gte an app like Lose It, track you calories for 6 months and people lose weight, and lots of it.

Eat Raw? I have been a Vegan for long time, but I cook my stuff.

nyuk nyuk
07-31-2013, 09:29 AM
Weight loss cures type II. There could be other issues blocking weight loss such as metabolism problems, hypothyroidism, etc,. But yes, weight loss.

That's it.

nyuk nyuk
07-31-2013, 09:31 AM

One meal a day will cause you weakness and increase your cravings. Just learn to moderate and cut out nibbling between meals unless it's a veggy or a fruit.

I imagine all that salt has you peeing a lot at night? The body has to flush it out some time, and salt free broth tastes like warmed-over hell.

gunns
07-31-2013, 07:33 PM
Lose weight by eating more fresh vegetables, fruits and fish. No red meat, no sugar, no processed/packaged foods, no liquid calories (sodas, diet, juices, etc.) and exercise like walking 1 hour a day. Eat big breakfast, medium lunch and small dinner. That's what i'm doing at it has worked, just need to quit the evening wine drinking :griese:

This is exactly what I did when I found out I had diabetes. All of it.

It was unbelievable how fast I lost weight and took my AC1 to 5.2 which is not having diabetes. I have a day each week where I treat myself to old favorites at a restaurant or just something like chips with guacamole. I don't miss sodas I used to drink at all but when I crave some fizz I drink Fresca which doesn't have the diet crap in it, don't miss sugary desserts. When I do have something like that it's a small piece because a big piece is just too much. Diabetes is probably one of the best things that ever happened to me.

Blueflame
07-31-2013, 10:56 PM
Weight loss cures type II. There could be other issues blocking weight loss such as metabolism problems, hypothyroidism, etc,. But yes, weight loss.

That's it.

My husband's father was a rail (maybe weighed 130 - 140 lbs. at 5'10"; 5'11") and he suffered from type II. His mother, on the other hand, had type I (yes, she was overweight). Recently, my husband was diagnosed with type II (both parents being diabetic, the odds were that he would eventually have it too). We're currently trying to put weight back on him because when we got the diagnosis, we immediately went to Google and every single diabetic diet we found is also a weight loss diet. Within two and a half months of an extremely-limited diet (we went way overboard on the strictness of his diet), he'd lost another 18 pounds and at 6'1", I'd never seen him below 175 pounds, but he was at a skeletal-looking 150 - 155. Our efforts to regain some of the lost weight have yielded a modicum of success, but he still is way too thin at 165. And he still takes pills for his type II diabetes. So no, weight loss is not a panacea; thin people do get type II diabetes too.

I personally suspect that the high fructose corn syrup that's in almost every processed food item in the grocery store just might be a factor in the increased rate of diagnosed cases of type II diabetes (did you know the dressing you put on your healthy salad probably contains a healthy dose of HFCS?)

baja
08-01-2013, 05:21 AM
My husband's father was a rail (maybe weighed 130 - 140 lbs. at 5'10"; 5'11") and he suffered from type II. His mother, on the other hand, had type I (yes, she was overweight). Recently, my husband was diagnosed with type II (both parents being diabetic, the odds were that he would eventually have it too). We're currently trying to put weight back on him because when we got the diagnosis, we immediately went to Google and every single diabetic diet we found is also a weight loss diet. Within two and a half months of an extremely-limited diet (we went way overboard on the strictness of his diet), he'd lost another 18 pounds and at 6'1", I'd never seen him below 175 pounds, but he was at a skeletal-looking 150 - 155. Our efforts to regain some of the lost weight have yielded a modicum of success, but he still is way too thin at 165. And he still takes pills for his type II diabetes. So no, weight loss is not a panacea; thin people do get type II diabetes too.

I personally suspect that the high fructose corn syrup that's in almost every processed food item in the grocery store just might be a factor in the increased rate of diagnosed cases of type II diabetes (did you know the dressing you put on your healthy salad probably contains a healthy dose of HFCS?)

Almost without exception if it comes in bottle, can or package and was processed it's not good for you. When I go into a large US chain supermarket it is hard to find something I am willing to put into my body unless they happen to have an organic produce section which many now do. I don' even venture in the inner isles of the store, nothing there to eat.

El Minion
08-02-2013, 05:58 PM
This is exactly what I did when I found out I had diabetes. All of it.

It was unbelievable how fast I lost weight and took my AC1 to 5.2 which is not having diabetes. I have a day each week where I treat myself to old favorites at a restaurant or just something like chips with guacamole. I don't miss sodas I used to drink at all but when I crave some fizz I drink Fresca which doesn't have the diet crap in it, don't miss sugary desserts. When I do have something like that it's a small piece because a big piece is just too much. Diabetes is probably one of the best things that ever happened to me.

I do give my myself one day off a week, just like you. But after amending my initial change in regular diet by also eliminating all starches like flour, breads, pasta, rice and beans, I have found that I no longer crave those starchy or sweet foods. In fact my palate is more sensitive to sweets and their detection in foods I eat.

Now if I could only quit drinking wine in the evening with my dinner, damn you :griese:!

baja
08-02-2013, 06:05 PM
I do give my myself one day off a week, just like you. But after amending my initial change in regular diet by also eliminating all starches like flour, breads, pasta, rice and beans, I have found that I no longer crave those starchy or sweet foods. In fact my palate is more sensitive to sweets and their detection in foods I eat.

Now if I could only quit drinking wine in the evening with my dinner, damn you :griese:!

You can not over estimate how important this part is. Refined grains is the biggest addiction in the world.

Everyone should go a week without refined grains just to see what cravings they have. I guarantee most will be looking for that hunk of bread or plate of pasta with overwhelming desire.

W*GS
08-04-2013, 08:13 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/26354_718224698206986_2122118562_n.jpg

sutoazul
08-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Baja,
I would like to know what your diet is for a week.

W*GS
08-05-2013, 07:00 AM
Baja,

Bile with heavy helpings of fear.

baja
08-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Baja,

It is mostly raw local, organic. Green drinks, fruit, raw pâté, nuts.

This is close;
http://thegardendiet.com/

El Minion
08-05-2013, 04:05 PM
You can not over estimate how important this part is. Refined grains is the biggest addiction in the world.

Everyone should go a week without refined grains just to see what cravings they have. I guarantee most will be looking for that hunk of bread or plate of pasta with overwhelming desire.

Once I learned about the glycemic index and turned off/lowered intake of foods that spike my blood glucose fastest and highest, the hunger and cravings went away. My energy level also stabilized regardless if I had eaten or not. Before I would really feel the highs and lows before and after eating, drinking diet soda's just compounded the problem.

Read somewhere that in physics a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, regardless of source, but in human biology the source of the calorie really matters, i.e. your body will react differently to you consuming 100 calories in broccoli to 100 calories in white bread.

baja
08-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Once I learned about the glycemic index and turned off/lowered intake of foods that spike my blood glucose fastest and highest, the hunger and cravings went away. My energy level also stabilized regardless if I had eaten or not. Before I would really feel the highs and lows before and after eating, drinking diet soda's just compounded the problem.

Read somewhere that in physics a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, regardless of source, but in human biology the source of the calorie really matters, i.e. your body will react differently to you consuming 100 calories in broccoli to 100 calories in white bread.

This is so important. Surprising how this has been missed.

It's like saying any internal combustion machine can use wood, coal, propane, grease, gas, diesel, alcohol, ethanol since they all provide energy when burned there is no difference. Obviously you would not put diesel in you gas powered car well the body is affected differently by different foods.

Dwell on this;

"YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT"

Requiem
08-06-2013, 09:48 AM
I had lemon chipotle Walleye. I am a sweet and spicy fish.

baja
08-06-2013, 10:22 AM
I had lemon chipotle Walleye. I am a sweet and spicy fish.

You must eat a ton of Beef JERK-y