PDA

View Full Version : Research suggests that psychedelic drugs might enhance telepathic, precognitive, and psychokinetic a

baja
07-13-2013, 10:36 AM
LSD & ESP: Scientific Studies of Psychics and Psychedelics

Research suggests that psychedelic drugs might enhance telepathic, precognitive, and psychokinetic abilities.

By David Jay Brown / Source: SantaCruz Patch

Few people are aware that there have been numerous, carefully-controlled scientific experiments with telepathy, psychokinesis, remote viewing, and other types of psychic phenomena, which have consistently produced compelling, statistically-significant results that conventional science is at a loss to explain.

Even most scientists are currently unaware of the vast abundance of compelling scientific evidence for psychic phenomena, which has resulted from over a century of parapsychological research.

Hundreds of carefully-controlled studies -- in which psi researchers continuously redesigned experiments to address the comments from their critics -- have produced results that demonstrate small but statistically significant effects for psi phenomena, such as telepathy, precognition, and psychokinesis.

According to psychologist Dean Radin, a meta-analysis of this research demonstrates that the positive results from these studies are significant with odds in the order of many billions to one.

Princeton University, the Stanford Research Institute, Duke University, the Institute of Noetic Science, the U.S. and Russian governments, and many other respectable institutions, have spent years researching these mysterious phenomena, and conventional science is at a loss to explain the results.

This research -- which was originally published in numerous peer-reviewed scientific journals over the past century -- is summarized Radin's remarkable book The Conscious Universe: The Scientific Truth of Psychic Phenomena. Just as fascinating as the research into psychic phenomena is the controversy that surrounds it.

In my own experience researching the possibility of telepathy in animals, and other unexplained phenomena with British biologist Rupert Sheldrake, I discovered that many people are eager to share personal anecdotes about psychic events in their life -- such as remarkable coincidences, uncanny premonitions, precognitive dreams, and seemingly telepathic communications.

In these cases, the scientific studies simply confirm life experiences. However, many scientists that I've spoken with haven't reviewed the evidence, and remain doubtful that there is any reality to psychic phenomenon, because the mechanism isn't understood yet.

Nonetheless, surveys conducted by British biologist Rupert Sheldrake and myself reveal that around 78% of the population has had unexplainable "psychic" experiences, and the scientific evidence supports the validity of these experiences.

http://www.mindpowernews.com/LSDandESP.htm

Rohirrim
07-13-2013, 10:41 AM
I knew you were going to post this.

W*GS
07-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Few people are aware that there have been numerous, carefully-controlled scientific experiments with telepathy, psychokinesis, remote viewing, and other types of psychic phenomena, which have consistently produced compelling, statistically-significant results that conventional science is at a loss to explain.

Actually, this sentence is a complete lie.

But of course baja believes this ****.

baja
07-13-2013, 10:54 AM
Actually, this sentence is a complete lie.

But of course baja believes this ****.

As per the norm Wags shoots from the hip and runs to the mail box to collect his government shill check.

baja
07-13-2013, 10:55 AM
I knew you were going to post this.

LOL

....and I knew you knew.

W*GS
07-13-2013, 11:13 AM
As per the norm Wags shoots from the hip and runs to the mail box to collect his government shill check.

JREF's million dollars is quite safe.

As I said, the claim in the OP is just plain false. There are no instances of scientifically-validated instances of various "psychic" phenomena. None.

baja
07-13-2013, 11:23 AM
JREF's million dollars is quite safe.

As I said, the claim in the OP is just plain false. There are no instances of scientifically-validated instances of various "psychic" phenomena. None.

Really? Go outside and look at your car, the right front tire will be flat or very low on air.

W*GS
07-13-2013, 11:30 AM
Really? Go outside and look at your car, the right front tire will be flat or very low on air.

Nope. Checked 'em last week. They're fine.

How come JREF's million dollars is still around, if the claim in the OP is correct?

baja
07-13-2013, 11:35 AM
because John of God refused to make a claim for it

W*GS
07-13-2013, 11:39 AM
because John of God refused to make a claim for it

Who is "John of God"? This, but waaaaay bigger?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e1/Toilet_370x580.jpg/220px-Toilet_370x580.jpg

Marshall Dumervil
07-13-2013, 11:51 AM
I figured out the meaning of life once on mushrooms. Bad thing is I can't remember what it was.

Rohirrim
07-13-2013, 11:56 AM
I figured out the meaning of life once on mushrooms. Bad thing is I can't remember what it was.

I had the same realization on peyote.

The answer was: Laughter.

alkemical
07-13-2013, 12:18 PM
http://psychedelicfrontier.com/2013/06/low-dose-psychedelics-increase-neurogenesis-help-mice-unlearn-fear/

Low dose psychedelics increase neurogenesis, help mice unlearn fear

You are all in possession of a Schedule 1 drug:

http://disinfo.com/2013/05/breakthrough-dmt-found-in-the-pineal-gland-of-live-rats/

barryr
07-13-2013, 10:01 PM
This is why these forums have become less interesting. Someone starts a thread about about a subject, but some people have a habit when responding, instead of sticking to content, likely butt hurt from some other thread, the person just gets personal attacks that have nothing to do with the content of the subject. And yet people that do this will claim they want discussion and debate, yet do this sort of ad hominem crap every day, all day. It has gotten really old and one can see I am not alone seeing how fewer and fewer threads and posts are made when compared to what it used to be around here.

Heck, as soon as say Gaff posts a thread and it doesn't matter what it is about, the attack circle jerk crowd comes and totally ignore the content and just does the usual name calling garbage. Agree or disagree, but can one do so regardless of who posted? Or better yet, maybe ignore the thread if don't like it instead of asking what Venus is or why he writes books or whatever other silly inane idiocy is thought of. I know liberals are idiots, but I spend little time responding to each and every stupid post they make, much less every single juvenile insult they can only think of making each and every day. Can some people try to show some impulse control and stop this crap already? Geez.

DenverBrit
07-16-2013, 10:31 AM
This is why these forums have become less interesting. Someone starts a thread about about a subject, but some people have a habit when responding, instead of sticking to content, likely butt hurt from some other thread, the person just gets personal attacks that have nothing to do with the content of the subject. And yet people that do this will claim they want discussion and debate, yet do this sort of ad hominem crap every day, all day. It has gotten really old and one can see I am not alone seeing how fewer and fewer threads and posts are made when compared to what it used to be around here.

Heck, as soon as say Gaff posts a thread and it doesn't matter what it is about, the attack circle jerk crowd comes and totally ignore the content and just does the usual name calling garbage. Agree or disagree, but can one do so regardless of who posted? Or better yet, maybe ignore the thread if don't like it instead of asking what Venus is or why he writes books or whatever other silly inane idiocy is thought of. I know liberals are idiots, but I spend little time responding to each and every stupid post they make, much less every single juvenile insult they can only think of making each and every day. Can some people try to show some impulse control and stop this crap already? Geez.

Hilarious! You're on a roll today.

Fedaykin
07-16-2013, 04:14 PM

I hereby nominate those post for hypocrite of the month award.

barryr
07-16-2013, 06:05 PM
I hereby nominate those post for hypocrite of the month award.

LOL, says someone who is guilty of this garbage more than anyone, like now. Try and find a post I have made about you personally where you didn't even make a post in the thread, which again, is unlike you.

barryr
07-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Hilarious! You're on a roll today.

Another one who does the type of thing I just mentioned. You always prove my point, thank you LOL

houghtam
07-16-2013, 06:40 PM
LOL, says someone who is guilty of this garbage more than anyone, like now. Try and find a post I have made about you personally where you didn't even make a post in the thread, which again, is unlike you.

Impossible, because you never directly respond to anyone, nor do you engage in any debate. You simply come in, windows rolled down and guns blazing with anti-liberal rhetoric conveniently devoid of facts or links, let alone precedent or logic.

You are what's wrong with the world. Lets start there and everything else will fall into place.

Fedaykin
07-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Impossible, because you never directly respond to anyone, nor do you engage in any debate. You simply come in, windows rolled down and guns blazing with anti-liberal rhetoric conveniently devoid of facts or links, let alone precedent or logic.

You are what's wrong with the world. Lets start there and everything else will fall into place.

^^

Fedaykin
07-16-2013, 09:03 PM

I almost always provide actual content relevant to the discussion gong on. Any claim to the contrary is absurd. A lot of folks don't like what I have to say, but that's fine.

The only time I don't put the effort in to do so, is in cases like this post where the person doing the posting is just spamming the board with crap, and violating one of the few and far between forum rules (don't commit copyright infringement and get the site in trouble) along the way.

DenverBrit
07-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Another one who does the type of thing I just mentioned. You always prove my point, thank you LOL

Right. Ha!
Anybody suggesting Wolfe play DE in a 4-3 doesn't know crap about football.

chadta
07-17-2013, 03:58 AM

I had the same realization on peyote.

The answer was: Laughter.

but have you ever been on mushrooms and peyote at the same time ?

Arkie
07-17-2013, 11:27 AM

You ever been on mushrooms and peyote at the same time.... on weed?

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/bronstein/2008/08/26/halfbaked4.jpg

barryr
07-17-2013, 11:40 AM
I almost always provide actual content relevant to the discussion gong on. Any claim to the contrary is absurd. A lot of folks don't like what I have to say, but that's fine.

The only time I don't put the effort in to do so, is in cases like this post where the person doing the posting is just spamming the board with crap, and violating one of the few and far between forum rules (don't commit copyright infringement and get the site in trouble) along the way.

LOL, sure man, says the guy whose first comment in this thread was just an attack on a poster and nothing about the content. So you did it in this very thread, but yeah, you don't do that. LOL, pure genius.

W*GS
07-17-2013, 12:38 PM
You ever been on mushrooms and peyote at the same time.... on weed?

and drunk...

http://img.youtube.com/vi/lpBajRIE3s4/0.jpg

Fedaykin
07-17-2013, 01:09 PM
LOL, sure man, says the guy whose first comment in this thread was just an attack on a poster and nothing about the content. So you did it in this very thread, but yeah, you don't do that. LOL, pure genius.

As I said in the very post you're quoting: Copying and pasting from a crank website is not content.

alkemical
07-17-2013, 01:27 PM

Hmmm. No - but amesj523 candy flipped & hippy flipped.

alkemical
07-17-2013, 01:30 PM
"it is no measure of sanity to be well-adjusted to an insane world."

baja
07-17-2013, 02:26 PM
"it is no measure of sanity to be well-adjusted to an insane world."

Who said that?

I love it!

alkemical
07-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Who said that?

I love it!

There are variations of this quote that have been rewritten & resaid. I've heard KD Lang say a variation of this, as well as mckenna.

barryr
07-17-2013, 05:10 PM
As I said in the very post you're quoting: Copying and pasting from a crank website is not content.

Calling a poster a nut and making sarcastic remarks about posters and contributing nothing to the content in the thread is not sticking to content either as you claim you do. It's rather ridiculous to state you don't do such things and then make posts where you do exactly that. About everybody here, including me, has done so at one time or another, though I don't make it a habit to follow posters around in various threads to solely make remarks about them. I mean, is there a post in a thread you didn't even post in where I have posted "Fedaykin is an idiot" or some other insult? If me making posts about liberals includes you and you don't like that, oh well, but singling out posters goes on too much around here and you are not guiltless of that.

Fedaykin
07-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Calling a poster a nut and making sarcastic remarks about posters and contributing nothing to the content in the thread is not sticking to content either as you claim you do. It's rather ridiculous to state you don't do such things and then make posts where you do exactly that.

I didn't say I always do it. In fact, I clearly laid out the exception you are bitching about now. A post that lacks any and all real content does not deserve anything more than what Baja generally gets for those types of posts. When he does actually provide content, I respond in kind.

That you apparently lack the basic reading comprehension to understand that is not my fault.

About everybody here, including me, has done so at one time or another, though I don't make it a habit to follow posters around in various threads to solely make remarks about them. I mean, is there a post in a thread you didn't even post in where I have posted "Fedaykin is an idiot" or some other insult?

I did not make any comment about anyone not already engaged in the thread.

If you don't like that you are the board's canonical example of a zero content poster who 99% of the time just drops in to toss about the same pointless screed, then stop being the canonical example of a zero content poster who 99% of the time just drops in to toss about the same pointless screed.

An especially stop being a hypocrite about it by claiming others, such as myself, engage in that kind of behavior.

[quote]
but singling out posters goes on too much around here and you are not guiltless of that.

If Baja wants to post his idiocy, he'll get responded to with appropriate posts. If he doesn't like that, then he should stick to posts that include content, are legal, and follow form rules.

He's get exactly zero sympathy for not doing that. If you can't handle that, then bugger off.