PDA

View Full Version : WHo are your favorite Democrats and why?

Bacchus
07-10-2013, 12:50 AM
Ok so I am Bored. Republicans feel free to post but I do not know why you would. Libertarians, Democrats who do you like and would most like to see running this country?

Obama is way too conservative for me. I like true liberals like Sherrod Brown and Bernie Sanders. Mr. Brown is pretty conservative on some of his economic policies but considering he represents Ohio I can over look those. Bernie Sanders is just a stud.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yme1Lyc-NLQ/UWmPrZFshRI/AAAAAAAAIH8/rOTzHEpAZZc/s320/bernie_sanders_quote.jpg

http://www.prosebeforehos.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/bernie-sanders-social-security.jpg

http://iwanticewater.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/bernie-sanders-quote1.jpg?w=640

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4773852930179158&pid=15.1

http://www.prosebeforehos.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/bernie-sanders-war-quote1.jpg

http://www.famousquotesabout.com/quoteImage/528768/These-aren_t-the-kind.jpg

Republicans are not fiscally responsible

Big government conservatives are spending trillions and wasting billions. Republicans are no longer the party of fiscal conservancy, but the party of runaway spending and corruption.
Sherrod Brown

Raise the minimum wage

Anyone who's tried to pay a heating bill, fill a prescription, or simply buy groceries knows all too well that the current minimum wage does not cut the mustard.
Sherrod Brown

Youth and change

Young people have been at the forefront of every great social movement in our country's history.
Sherrod Brown

Don't sell stupid wars

It is past time for Republican leadership to answer for record deficits and reckless spending, both in Iraq and in the U.S. It's time for a plan to bring our troops home.
Sherrod Brown

Bush Admin sold us a bag of goods.

We were told this war would be over in a matter of weeks, and that the Iraqis would be able to finance it with oil sales. We were promised it was not a mission of nation building.
Sherrod Brown

SoCalBronco
07-10-2013, 12:59 AM
I liked Evan Bayh when he was in the Senate (good all around moderate Dem and solid fiscally.....presidential material IMO). I liked Jane Harman when she was in the House (did very good work on security issues). Generally respect Blue Dogs and the old DLC.

BroncoInferno
07-10-2013, 06:55 AM
Bernie Sanders because he's an actual liberal, unlike the rest of the DINOs in Washington who basically have the same views as Nixon-era Republicans.

Rohirrim
07-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Bernie is not a Democrat. My favorite Democrat right now is Elizabeth Warren. I would vote for her as president one hundred times over GOP Lite Hillary. I like Sherrod Brown as well. Some people see what's going on. Some don't. And some choose not to.

Rohirrim
07-10-2013, 09:20 AM
I liked Evan Bayh when he was in the Senate (good all around moderate Dem and solid fiscally.....presidential material IMO). I liked Jane Harman when she was in the House (did very good work on security issues). Generally respect Blue Dogs and the old DLC.

In other words, all the Nixonians in Democrat clothes. ;D

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Bernie is not a Democrat. My favorite Democrat right now is Elizabeth Warren. I would vote for her as president one hundred times over GOP Lite Hillary. I like Sherrod Brown as well. Some people see what's going on. Some don't. And some choose not to.

This. Loves me some Liz. Smart, capable, and willing to stand up to the moneyed interests.

Pick Six
07-10-2013, 09:28 AM
At one point, Kansas had a Democrat governor. Her name was Joan Finney. I though she was a excellent governor. She didn't shun big business, like D.C. Democrats currently do...:thumbs:

BroncoInferno
07-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Bernie is not a Democrat.

That's technically true, but he always caucuses with them.

Rohirrim
07-10-2013, 09:43 AM
That's technically true, but he always caucuses with them.

Yep. Bernie is what the Democrats should be. What they used to be.

B-Large
07-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Hey lets give some love for Udall and Hickenlooper...

BABronco
07-10-2013, 01:43 PM
“Journalist:
Congressman Kucinich, I believe you're the only one here who voted against the PATRIOT act right away after 9/11. Why is that?

His Reply:
Because I read it.”
― Dennis Kucinich

“Wake up America!
The insurance companies took over health care!
Wake up America!
The pharmaceutical companies took over drug pricing!
Wake up America!
The speculators took over Wall Street!
Wake up America!
They want your Social Security!
Wake up America!
Multinational corporations took over our trade policies!
Wake up America!
We went into Iraq for oil!
WAKE UP AMERICA!”
― Dennis Kucinich

America stands strongest in challenging terrorism when we do not give up an inch of our civil liberties. Kucinich

The “Patriot Act” is not what American patriots have fought and died for. To allow our Bill of Rights to be nullified without judicial supervision invites tyranny. The Attorney General has been handed unfettered power to wiretap, search, jail, and invade our most sacred right to privacy. The government must not be allowed, without probable cause or warrant, to snoop on our communications, medical records, library records, and student records. Kucinich

I like Kucinich because he is one of the few dems that sounds different. I might not agree with him on much but I believe he knows what he stands for and believe he is one of the few congress critters not bought and paid for.

Bacchus
07-10-2013, 11:43 PM

Well, he is a liberal and he sits with the dems

Bacchus
07-10-2013, 11:45 PM
“Journalist:
Congressman Kucinich, I believe you're the only one here who voted against the PATRIOT act right away after 9/11. Why is that?

His Reply:
Because I read it.”
― Dennis Kucinich

“Wake up America!
The insurance companies took over health care!
Wake up America!
The pharmaceutical companies took over drug pricing!
Wake up America!
The speculators took over Wall Street!
Wake up America!
They want your Social Security!
Wake up America!
Multinational corporations took over our trade policies!
Wake up America!
We went into Iraq for oil!
WAKE UP AMERICA!”
― Dennis Kucinich

America stands strongest in challenging terrorism when we do not give up an inch of our civil liberties. Kucinich

The “Patriot Act” is not what American patriots have fought and died for. To allow our Bill of Rights to be nullified without judicial supervision invites tyranny. The Attorney General has been handed unfettered power to wiretap, search, jail, and invade our most sacred right to privacy. The government must not be allowed, without probable cause or warrant, to snoop on our communications, medical records, library records, and student records. Kucinich

I like Kucinich because he is one of the few dems that sounds different. I might not agree with him on much but I believe he knows what he stands for and believe he is one of the few congress critters not bought and paid for.

I loved Kucinich and cannot believe they replaced him. I guess the woman is even more liberal than he was but he was a great politician and I am waiting for his comeback.

Bacchus
07-10-2013, 11:47 PM
This. Loves me some Liz. Smart, capable, and willing to stand up to the moneyed interests.

I love Warren as well, but watching her debates she is not a good politician. She is not very refined. That being said I think she would be a great Vice President and I feel she is honest and forthright. I don't know many politicians I would say that about.

She has a lot of speeches on youtube. She is very smart.

Garcia Bronco
07-10-2013, 11:59 PM
Andrew Jackson.

The only President to ever payoff the National Debt.

Bacchus
07-11-2013, 12:53 AM
Andrew Jackson.

The only President to ever payoff the National Debt.

Old Hickory, there was a lot to like about him. He was the founder of the Democratic Party and you have to love his penchant for dueling. He was shot in one duel but he fired the second shot killing the guy.

He also fought in the Revolutionary War and was a prisoner of war I believe. He also fought the Indians. He was upset by the treatment of the Indians and adopted an Indian orphan boy.

BroncoInferno
07-11-2013, 06:48 AM
I loved Kucinich and cannot believe they replaced him. I guess the woman is even more liberal than he was but he was a great politician and I am waiting for his comeback.

They gerrymandered his district to get rid of him, basically. That's why he's gone now.

Garcia Bronco
07-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Old Hickory, there was a lot to like about him. He was the founder of the Democratic Party and you have to love his penchant for dueling. He was shot in one duel but he fired the second shot killing the guy.

He also fought in the Revolutionary War and was a prisoner of war I believe. He also fought the Indians. He was upset by the treatment of the Indians and adopted an Indian orphan boy.

The only President to be a POW. Also secured Florida for the US from Spain. The last President to not be born under the American Flag. And to me his finest was the Battle of New Orleans.

Native Americans would regard him as Hitler. He treated them poorly and failed to keep his word woth them, but many of his achievements would not have been possible without the help of Native Americans.

Pony Boy
07-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Why, because she has made the value of my gun collection double in value.

The only drawback is she has made ammunition difficult to find at a reasonable price.

barryr
07-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Pretty rich. The liberals love to point out GOP bad candidates, then trot out nut jobs democrats who even lie about their heritage as their favorites. They have an inability to see the flaws in their heroes or simply just excuse them away and play the "this flaw is not as bad as this one" game.