PDA

View Full Version : DEXTER - the final season

ZONA
06-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Anybody else here watch the season premier tonight? F'n awesome. This show is so bad ass. I'm so excited for this season but kinda sucks it's all coming to an end.

Bronco X
06-30-2013, 11:31 PM
Where'd the writers come up with a name like Elway?

Aftermath
07-01-2013, 12:40 AM
Love the show but its getting to the point where he could kill someone in front of a handful of cops in broad daylight and not even be a suspect. Love me some Dexter Morgan though, favorite character ever.

stopgap
07-01-2013, 02:04 AM
Where'd the writers come up with a name like Elway?

That gave me pause as well. lol

TDmvp
07-01-2013, 03:10 AM
Great show , some of the seasons where so-so , but overall damn good.
And can't wait for next week's.

Ray Finkle
07-01-2013, 04:23 AM
It was once a great show. Every since the Trinity Killer season, it's been a big bag of meh.

Last night was good but still lazy writing.

Answer me this, if you can't reach someone's voicemail because it is full, did anyone ever hear of texting that person? I mean, she did have an iphone....nrrr

Kaylore
07-01-2013, 07:51 AM
I fell out of Dexter after the Tninity season. My wife and I couldn't get into the season with Julia Styles. The story seemed really stupid.

Pick Six
07-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Dexter was great, and so was Ray Donovan (which now follows Dexter)...

ludo21
07-01-2013, 09:10 AM
i need to catch up on the last couple seasons.

I still cannot get over that im rooting for a serial killer and am ok with it....

ZONA
07-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Last year was a great season for Dexter. So much major **** went down it was unreal. If you've followed Dexter before and have not watched last season you're really missing out big time. I feel it was sort of a big pay off season over the last 2 or 3 years. I don't want to go into details and spoil a bunch of stuff but it was damn epic.

Ray Finkle
07-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Last year was a great season for Dexter. So much major **** went down it was unreal. If you've followed Dexter before and have not watched last season you're really missing out big time. I feel it was sort of a big pay off season over the last 2 or 3 years. I don't want to go into details and spoil a bunch of stuff but it was damn epic.

couldn't disagree more.....it was lazy. (writing in code here not to spoil) The forced relationships, which was just pathetic and ruined the dynamic between 2 characters, the ending was equally lame but they painted themselves into that spot. Ray Stevenson rocked though, he was the only saving grace of the season.....and that flower chick.....she was good.

Archer81
07-01-2013, 11:21 AM
My brother loves this show. He did a marathon of the last season and a half before he went to Wyoming. I think its alright, but I have not seen the first few seasons.

:Broncos:

Ray Finkle
07-01-2013, 11:24 AM
My brother loves this show. He did a marathon of the last season and a half before he went to Wyoming. I think its alright, but I have not seen the first few seasons.

the first season was the only one based (somewhat) off the book and was the best by far. Season 2 and 4 were really good. Everything else was bleh.

Archer81
07-01-2013, 11:26 AM
the first season was the only one based (somewhat) off the book and was the best by far. Season 2 and 4 were really good. Everything else was bleh.

My brother said the season with John Lithgow was the best one.

Ray Finkle
07-01-2013, 11:26 AM
My brother said the season with John Lithgow was the best one.

that's 4. I think think the first season was the best but 4 is really close.

Pick Six
07-01-2013, 11:32 AM

I still cannot get over that im rooting for a serial killer and am ok with it....

The catch is that he's killing other criminals. That's the key to sympathy for the character...

Br0nc0Buster
07-01-2013, 11:43 AM
I have not seen the season premier, but do like the show overall

However I agree that the writing is quite lazy
It is almost like they come up with ideas for how to create problems for Dexter, but run out of time on figuring how he is supposed to get through it

Season 4 was the best though
I thought last year's was decent, 5 was garbage and 6 was OK but again the writing was pretty bad at times

ludo21
07-01-2013, 01:16 PM
was 4 the Lithgow one? it indeed was a good one

Pick Six
07-01-2013, 02:25 PM
I still need to go back to the beginning. I found Dexter during the season with Tom Hanks' kid. Apparently, that's one of the weaker seasons, and it STILL had me hooked. The previous seasons must be epic...:strong:

Taco John
07-01-2013, 02:27 PM
My buddy keeps telling me that I should watch this show. Maybe in due time. I just started Breaking Bad.

yerner
07-01-2013, 03:54 PM
i've watched them all, but it's been **** for three years or so.

last night they tried to pass off the sister as an undercover agent even though she was the lead detective on tons of cases giving media press conferences the past three seasons. so stupid. good show, but it's for morons.

ZONA
07-01-2013, 06:17 PM
i've watched them all, but it's been **** for three years or so.

last night they tried to pass off the sister as an undercover agent even though she was the lead detective on tons of cases giving media press conferences the past three seasons. so stupid. good show, but it's for morons.

You call it good and then say it's for morons. Call yourself moron often?

I think alot of you are just trying to hard. This isn't Shakespeare already. It's a fun drama. It has moments of seriousness but on the whole it's not supposed to be non stop serious. It's meant to be a little odd.

Man-Goblin
07-01-2013, 08:00 PM
My buddy keeps telling me that I should watch this show. Maybe in due time. I just started Breaking Bad.

Lucky.

errand
07-01-2013, 08:10 PM

Vigilante justice rocks.....everyone loves it when bad guys get their come uppance.

errand
07-01-2013, 08:16 PM

You'll love it.....my favorites were his confrontations with Sgt. Doakes...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DAGFsROsi44?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ZONA
07-01-2013, 11:29 PM
You'll love it.....my favorites were his confrontations with Sgt. Doakes...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DAGFsROsi44?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ah yeah, Stokes was kick ass. Loved those 2 always going at it. What great about this series is that it's been 8 years. When it's over, you could literally go back and watch again from the beginning and while it would not be completely new, there would still be much of it (the details) that you would have forgotten and it would be quite entertaining.

Oh and for those that said last season wasn't that good, it was the highest rated season of all 7 years and it wasn't even close. Over 6.5 million viewers last year. The Dexter series has shattered Showtime viewing records.

I highly recommend this series to anybody. And I'd start from the beginning.

errand
07-02-2013, 02:22 AM
Ah yeah, Stokes was kick ass. Loved those 2 always going at it. What great about this series is that it's been 8 years. When it's over, you could literally go back and watch again from the beginning and while it would not be completely new, there would still be much of it (the details) that you would have forgotten and it would be quite entertaining.

Oh and for those that said last season wasn't that good, it was the highest rated season of all 7 years and it wasn't even close. Over 6.5 million viewers last year. The Dexter series has shattered Showtime viewing records.

Surprise Mother ****er!

Ray Finkle
07-02-2013, 04:52 AM

just because it was highly watched does not mean it was a good season by any means. I'm hoping it ends with a good ending and not on a let down to make up for the last few seasons.

ZONA
07-02-2013, 10:01 AM
just because it was highly watched does not mean it was a good season by any means. I'm hoping it ends with a good ending and not on a let down to make up for the last few seasons.

I don't know about you Ray but I don't watch stuff I don't like. When you say "good" it's a relative term. Apparently 6.5 million other people thought it was good. You can't please them all. Just face it, you're one of the few who didn't like last season, while millions loved it.

Ray Finkle
07-02-2013, 10:16 AM
I don't know about you Ray but I don't watch stuff I don't like. When you say "good" it's a relative term. Apparently 6.5 million other people thought it was good. You can't please them all. Just face it, you're one of the few who didn't like last season, while millions loved it.

I never said I do not like Dexter, I simply said that it was not a good season. I watch the show since I read the books prior to the series starting and still do. If you read the books, then watched the show, you may have a different opinion.

I loved the show Lost but disliked the final season because it wasn't written well. It was rushed. That doesn't mean I stopped watching it.

American Idol, Glee, and the Voice are highly rated and watched shows, that does not mean they are good.....

ZONA
07-02-2013, 11:17 AM
I never said I do not like Dexter, I simply said that it was not a good season. I watch the show since I read the books prior to the series starting and still do. If you read the books, then watched the show, you may have a different opinion.

I loved the show Lost but disliked the final season because it wasn't written well. It was rushed. That doesn't mean I stopped watching it.

American Idol, Glee, and the Voice are highly rated and watched shows, that does not mean they are good.....

Don't plan on going back and forth with you on this all day but I will say that comparing a show like Glee that's target audience is teens, to a drama series is apples and oranges, not to mention those shows are free to watch, while Showtime is not. Of course anything decent on basic TV will normally have a higher viewing audience then a premier channel you have to pay for. But it's all relative. I bet all those teens think Glee is a good show, even though someone like yourself does not. It's noted, you didn't think last season of Dexter was well written. Millions of others I'm sure thought it was. To each their own I guess. I guess we both can agree, that Dexter is a successful show. While it may be great for some, good for others and maybe even average for some, it is a successful show.

Ray Finkle
07-02-2013, 11:27 AM
Don't plan on going back and forth with you on this all day but I will say that comparing a show like Glee that's target audience is teens, to a drama series is apples and oranges, not to mention those shows are free to watch, while Showtime is not. Of course anything decent on basic TV will normally have a higher viewing audience then a premier channel you have to pay for. But it's all relative. I bet all those teens think Glee is a good show, even though someone like yourself does not. It's noted, you didn't think last season of Dexter was well written. Millions of others I'm sure thought it was. To each their own I guess. I guess we both can agree, that Dexter is a successful show. While it may be great for some, good for others and maybe even average for some, it is a successful show.

well written. I highly recommend reading the first book that season one was based on.

ludo21
07-02-2013, 11:43 AM
ohh that sounds like a good read...

Bronco X
07-02-2013, 03:34 PM
That gave me pause as well. lol

I guess Elway isn't that uncommon a last name, but curious if the inspiration for "Jacob Elway" was the most famous beholder of that surname.

McDman
07-02-2013, 04:20 PM
The writing these past few seasons has been legitimately bad. The first and fourth seasons were amazing though.

McDman
07-02-2013, 04:21 PM

I read two of the books and they were absolute garbage.

SportinOne
07-02-2013, 04:50 PM
I agree that it's been lazy and "not as good" since Trinity. That season was magic. But this new lady, the psychiatrist.. that lady freaks me the f out. she's got that special sort of sickness that trinity had, you can tell by her eyes.. it's messed up.

Kaylore
07-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Yeah Dexter headbutting Doakes was one of my favorite moments of the series.

ZONA
07-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Yeah Dexter headbutting Stokes was one of my favorite moments of the series.

That and the blocked punch, under the arm throat choke. :strong:

Kaylore
07-02-2013, 07:45 PM
That and the blocked punch, under the arm throat choke. :strong:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzpkx1LoOB1r37mdho1_500.jpg

"What's a lab geek need with Advanced Jujitsu anyways?!"

-James Doakes

TDmvp
09-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Wow...

Ray Finkle
09-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Wow...

That was awful.

myMind
09-22-2013, 08:17 PM
That was awful.

Really bad.

I liked this season up until this.

ChampJesusBailey
09-22-2013, 08:22 PM
I thought it was a great ending. A really moving decision by Dexter to allow the other two to live a more normal life. Really goes against how selfish and self-absorbed he normally is.

myMind
09-22-2013, 08:30 PM
I thought it was a great ending. A really moving decision by Dexter to allow the other two to live a more normal life. Really goes against how selfish and self-absorbed he normally is.

Hannah is a serial killer as well. So he just abandoned his son and her to become a lumberjack?

Python much?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xToPCaNxaow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChampJesusBailey
09-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Hannah is a serial killer as well. So he just abandoned his son and her to become a lumberjack?

Python much?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xToPCaNxaow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They loved each other. Hannah wouldn't kill Harrison.

TDmvp
09-22-2013, 09:38 PM
I didn't mind the ending.
It was much better than all the crappy ways I was thinking they would end it.
I can shoot holes in anything I watch for the most part if I wanted , so the story has to be something different or interesting or I'm super negative man about it.
But I enjoyed Dexter from start to finish for the most part ... Beside a few total wtf moments that I just let go so I can enjoy something besides football.

Miss I.
10-20-2013, 06:23 PM
For me Dexter season 1, 2 and 4 were best. Everything else was fine or okay with a few really stupid moments (a lot of them involving Deb). The series finale was highly disappointing. First of all, Harrison has 2 actual family members he should be with, his brother and sister so Hannah has no business getting him. Seriously weak sauce. And Dexter, well running off to the Pacific Northwest would've been okay if they actually show that he's off his leash and gone full on monster. I suppose that could be implied, but it would've been really interesting if they showed him killing like his brother used to or at least gave more visual indicators he is killing but no longer by Harry's code which would've made more sense. In short, it was a let down.

ZONA
10-22-2013, 05:16 PM
For me the finale wasn't the best but I was just more pissy about the entire series ending then I was about the final show. I loved that show and I had a great time watching it.

Homeland is starting out kinda slow this year, hope it picks up soon.

Anybody watching the new series called Masters Of Sex? It's pretty darn good so far.