PDA

View Full Version : Things you have changed your mind about.

rugbythug
06-08-2013, 11:42 PM
As I have gotten older I am no longer pro capital punishment.

I hated the tebow pick and then grew to like him. (Orton made me do it)

Dr. Broncenstein
06-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Women. They aren't worth the hassle. 20 yrs from now they will have life-like sex robots. I can't wait.

SportinOne
06-09-2013, 12:29 AM
Manning - despised him, obv love him now. But it wasnt him becoming a bronco that did it. It was his SNL skits. Hes one funny MF.

SportinOne
06-09-2013, 12:36 AM
Oh.... this is way overdue: Cutler. So mad when they traded him. Regardless of PMFM, dudes a baby like Rivers. No wonder they had issues.

cutthemdown
06-09-2013, 12:38 AM
Death penalty. Used to be for it but just too many times we have heard about the govt getting it wrong. Govt can't be trusted enough to enforce a death penalty as obviously there is no fixing that once you do it.

cutthemdown
06-09-2013, 12:39 AM
Abortion. Used to be pro choice but after learning a bit more about abortions and how the fetuses look just like little humans I could no longer support it.

SouthStndJunkie
06-09-2013, 12:51 AM
Meatloaf (the food, not the singer....can't stand him and I'll never change my mind on that).

Hated eating meatloaf when I was a kid, now I think it's delicious when prepared properly.

SouthStndJunkie
06-09-2013, 12:52 AM
Mom! The meatloaf! ****!

DenverDynamite
06-09-2013, 01:05 AM
Pot. I remember in high school the local cop coming to speak to us in health class about drug use and telling us all about how one hit of marijuana and before we all know it we'll be dropping acid and shooting heroin between our toes. What a bunch of bullsh*t.

BroncsCheer
06-09-2013, 08:08 AM
God

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Drugs. Was once heavily involved in my school's Just Say No program. Now I'm all "hey hey hey, smoke weed every day."

God. Taught from a young age that the bible was real and true, and then you look at it objectively and... yeah, no. Jesus was a great man, but the Son of God? Born of a Virgin? Nope. Not buying.

Abortion. I'm still against abortion (would never ask or tell a girlfriend to have one), but I'm also in favor of a woman making her own healthcare decisions. Can't see how government minimalists feel they should have a say over someone's body.

The Republican Party. Grew up in a Republican household, with conservative values. The neocon movement completely changed my mind on this.

Jetmeck
06-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Sometimes this board is like a bunch of old women, you will talk about nothing for hours.

CEH
06-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Oh.... this is way overdue: Cutler. So mad when they traded him. Regardless of PMFM, dudes a baby like Rivers. No wonder they had issues.

Same here. Probably the only thing Joe Ellis did right while in charge.

EmoQB is a coach killer. What is this now 4-5 HCs or OCs canned?

bowtown
06-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Boobs - When I was baby I thought they were just a source of food. Once I got older, I discovered that they were also good for other things.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Boobs - When I was baby I thought they were just a source of food. Once I got older, I discovered that they were also good for other things.

Oh definitely. Motorboats and cancer.

UberBroncoMan
06-09-2013, 08:30 AM

This.

I suppose religion like others. It's gone the way of Santa Claus.

The way I eat would be another.

When I was a kid I'd get a BK Broiler with extra may and no tomato.

Now I get the Chicken Tendergrill minus mayo and with tomato.

Video games too. I used to want to play them all the time. Took me over a year to open up and play Mass Effect 3.

bowtown

And staring at.

Archer81
Monkeys. They are evil afterall.

Sushi. Eww raw fish. Then I tried it. Like it. Hate cooked fish. Go figure.

Heights. Still hate them. But its not a fear of being high up. Its a fear of falling.

Titanic. I still clap when Leo drowns.

Moderation. In alcohol. Simply because it is a consumable alcoholic substance, does not mean I should drink it.

FWB. The benefits need to be spelled out before they are carried out.

:Broncos:

ak1971
06-09-2013, 08:31 AM
taking a dump...used to be just a necessity....now with a kid its like mini vacation.

Archer81
06-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Allowing for the slim possibility that at some time, some where, I may improbably be wrong.

Dukes
06-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Abortion. Use to be pro choice until I had kids. Just can't justify doing that to someone who can survive.

Always wanted to live in the mountains or somewhere cold as a kid. Now I want to live in a desert climate.

Br0nc0Buster
06-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Batman and Robin movie

Saw it when I was a kid when it first came out and thought it was OK nothing special

Saw it again on TV about a week ago and apparently I was retarded as a child

gyldenlove
06-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Spinach (used to hate it, now I quite like it)
Rum (used to like it, now I can't stand it)
Constructive criticism (used to think it was a pussy's way of telling someone they were wrong, now I think it is a valuable learning tool and in a few rare cases better than screaming and yelling and destroying people's souls)
Smart phones (used to think it was the biggest time sink outside of marriage and children, now I think they are a great waste of time)

Kaylore
06-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Cutler: I used to hate him because he lied to get out of down. Now he's a douche, but he's totally unapologetic about it. His whole schtick, from the fake cig to mullet costume and of course "dooooooooonnnn't caaaarrrrreeee" have made him charming. A douche still, but a charming douche.

Gay Marriage: I didn't like that the homosexual community was changing what it was. I really believe marriage is between a man and a woman. But I think this is an area we should just let people do what they want. If two consenting adults want to marry someone, that's their business. I'm not advocating force allowing it everywhere, but I think the states should decide.

My religion: Most of the reasons I followed my religion were largely spiritual and rooted in what it gave me that way on a purely personal level. Now with a child and an environment that teaches moral values and provides activities for toddlers up to 18 year olds, I am more happy about the practical applications that it affords.

Dining out: I can cook better than most of the restaurants out there and save myself at least half the money. We'll still go out sometimes, but I cook a lot of my own food now.

ghwk
06-09-2013, 09:03 AM

Well you are just a bundle of joy this morning!

SouthStndJunkie
06-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Finger in my ass during a blow job.

When I was a teen, I would have frowned upon it.

Then one day a chick threw a digit in my 5 hole while blowing me.

It's not something I want every time I get a hummer, but now and then I'm down with a digit.

SouthStndJunkie
06-09-2013, 09:14 AM
I'm sure that was way too much information....but the OP asked a question, so he gets an honest answer.

My contribution to this thread....meatloaf and a finger in the ass during a blow job, but definitely not by Meatloaf.

Kaylore
06-09-2013, 09:17 AM
I'm sure that was way too much information....but the OP asked a question, so he gets an honest answer.

My contribution to this thread....meatloaf and a finger in the ass during a blow job, but definitely not by Meatloaf.

Because he won't do that.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-09-2013, 09:28 AM
Because he won't do that.

But he said he would do anything for love.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-09-2013, 09:30 AM

It's not something I want every time I get a hummer, but now and then I'm down with a digit.

http://fireden.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/I-like-where-this-thread-is-going.jpg.jpeg

Kaylore
06-09-2013, 12:11 PM
But he said he would do anything for love.

I can see why it's confusing. Here's a pie chart to clarify:

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/askville/10431937_10674254_mywrite/image001.jpg

baja
06-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Re OP

Elway as GM

bombay
06-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Women. They aren't worth the hassle. 20 yrs from now they will have life-like sex robots. I can't wait.

Ha. That was the first thing that I thought of.

bombay
06-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Abortion. Used to be pro choice but after learning a bit more about abortions and how the fetuses look just like little humans I could no longer support it.

Ditto. They are little people. No matter how you couch it in different terminology.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
06-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Liberalism. I used to be biggest lib out there. Eco that, share the wealth this. Then I learned libs havebeen trying there stuff for 100 years and not a single idea of theirs has worked. :)

baja
06-09-2013, 01:24 PM

Yes I changed my mind about that too.

broncolife
06-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Masturbation: I use to use only the left hand, but now I use both :kubiak:

SonOfLe-loLang
06-09-2013, 01:32 PM
I can see why it's confusing. Here's a pie chart to clarify:

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/askville/10431937_10674254_mywrite/image001.jpg

I've seen this graph a lot, but is it accurate? There's one thing he won't do, so there needs to be a spot of green somewhere

SonOfLe-loLang
06-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Yes I changed my mind about that too.

I get why your personal feelings may have changed, but I still don't understand why your opinions shoujd affect others. But there's no point in arguing, we will just fundamentally disagree.

God is mine. I was told he was real as a kid so I guess I believed it. Haven't in a very long time though

baja
06-09-2013, 01:41 PM
I get why your personal feelings may have changed, but I still don't understand why your opinions shoujd affect others. But there's no point in arguing, we will just fundamentally disagree.

God is mine. I was told he was real as a kid so I guess I believed it. Haven't in a very long time though

I don't understand your post.

What my post is about is I used to be pro choice but after navigating the river of life and gleaming experience and insight along the way i have shifted to a pro life stance. I am not trying to impose my beliefs on anyone.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-09-2013, 01:57 PM

What my post is about is I used to be pro choice but after navigating the river of life and gleaming experience and insight along the way i have shifted to a pro life stance. I am not trying to impose my beliefs on anyone.

But by being pro life, you are. I don't think anyone on earth is pro abortion, they are just pro choice.

Kaylore
06-09-2013, 01:58 PM
I've seen this graph a lot, but is it accurate? There's one thing he won't do, so there needs to be a spot of green somewhere

That graph represents only things he will do for love. As that is not included in those things, that is not included in the graph.

Kaylore
06-09-2013, 01:59 PM
But by being pro life, you are. I don't think anyone on earth is pro abortion, they are just pro choice.

You could make a case that anytime you stop someone from killing someone else for any reason, you're imposing your beliefs on them.

We cannot do something without imposing on someone else's beliefs.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-09-2013, 02:00 PM
That graph represents only things he will do for love. As that is not included in those things, that is not included in the graph.

But there's the confusion! Doesn't anything imply ALL things? Meatloaf needs to be clearer

R8R H8R
06-09-2013, 02:00 PM

Because if you don't believe the same way some people do, then clearly you are a radical extremist, and very dangerous to society.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Because if you don't believe the same way some people do, then clearly you are a radical extremist, and very dangerous to society.

When did I imply that? Pro life people want to eliminate abortions...period! If you are personally pro life, but for others you don't care, then you're still pro choice.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-09-2013, 02:02 PM
You could make a case that anytime you stop someone from killing someone else for any reason, you're imposing your beliefs on them.

We cannot do something without imposing on someone else's beliefs.

Well that's the fundamental difference. I don't see a fetus as a human yet. Especially an embryo. I get why people do, I just personally don't.

Kaylore
06-09-2013, 02:03 PM
When did I imply that? Pro life people want to eliminate baby murder...period!

FYP

Well that's the fundamental difference. I don't see a fetus as a human yet. Especially an embryo. I get why people do, I just personally don't.

So is a premature baby not human yet? It's alive. What about a fleshy coating and some water on the outside of a baby makes it not human?

I also don't believe everyone is cut and dry pro life or pro choice on everything. For example most support it when the mother's life is in danger or during a rape, but the number of those are so small it's barely moving the needle. The majority of people in America don't support Abortion as a form of birth control, but that's what 99% of abortions are used for.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-09-2013, 02:05 PM
FYP

:D. Haha well there's the difference. To me they aren't babies yet.

Archer81
06-09-2013, 02:17 PM
:D. Haha well there's the difference. To me they aren't babies yet.

So when do they become babies?

baja
06-09-2013, 02:17 PM

I am on the side of the defenseless. I have been given a chance to enjoy this thing we call life and I think everyone conceived should be allowed the same opportunity. If you don't want a baby there are plenty of ways to avoid conception but if this mystery called life bestows into your care a spark of this light you do not have the right to snuff it out.

Kaylore
06-09-2013, 02:20 PM
I don't want to turn this into an abortion thread. I try to use my view of abortion with relation to how I am about eating meat and how I appear to PETA. They probably think I'm a murderer and horrible monster for feeding an industry that tortures and kills animals for my consumption.

That's how I view pro-choice people. I don't think they believe they're doing anything wrong even if I think it's murdering a baby.

Archer81
06-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Nipples on a man. Not useless.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-09-2013, 02:24 PM
I don't want to turn this into an abortion thread. I try to use my view of abortion with relation to how I am about eating meat and how I appear to PETA. They probably think I'm a murderer and horrible monster for feeding an industry that tortures and kills animals for my consumption.

That's how I view pro-choice people. I don't think they believe they're doing anything wrong even if I think it's murdering a baby.

Glad you brought this up because it's often the example I use. We kill millions of animals that have intelligence, feel pain, etc. To me, a fetus or embryo is hardly fully formed, completely dependent on the mother, and frankly doesn't know the difference. I'm not flippant on the subject, I think it's an incredibly difficult decision and is often a sad thing. But far be it from me to force people to have them.

OBF1
06-09-2013, 02:25 PM
I used to live in the C-springs and Denver area's, thought it was the best place around...Now it has so totally became California without the beach.

Let the flaming begin.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Have kids that is

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Cucumbers. Thought they were gross on a sandwich. Not anymore.

R8R H8R
06-09-2013, 02:35 PM
When did I imply that? Pro life people want to eliminate abortions...period! If you are personally pro life, but for others you don't care, then you're still pro choice.

Your assumption that all pro-lifers want to eliminate abortion is flawed and paranoid, and leads to the accusation that pro-lifers are extremists.

I am pro life like you, but while I abhor abortion, I have no intention of overturning Roe vs Wade. It is the law of the land, as divisive as it may be. From my view they get their choice from law, not because I support them, because I don't.

peacepipe
06-09-2013, 02:42 PM

BS. Forcing your beliefs onto others is not a requirement to be pro-life. It's a requirement in being completely ignorant,but then again I could wrong,ignorant & pro-life may be one & the same.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Your assumption that all pro-lifers want to eliminate abortion is flawed and paranoid, and leads to the accusation that pro-lifers are extremists.

I am pro life like you, but while I abhor abortion, I have no intention of overturning Roe vs Wade. It is the law of the land, as divisive as it may be. From my view they get their choice from law, not because I support them, because I don't.

Wow, that's a hell of a conclusion you jumped to. Extremists? Paranoid? Jeez. I said i UNDERSTAND why people would be pro-life, i just don't AGREE with it.

ghwk
06-09-2013, 02:43 PM
You guys have sucked the life out of this thread. No pun intended.

baja
06-09-2013, 02:44 PM
I am on the side of the defenseless. I have been given a chance to enjoy this thing we call life and I think everyone conceived should be allowed the same opportunity. If you don't want a baby there are plenty of ways to avoid conception but if this mystery called life bestows into your care a spark of this light you do not have the right to snuff it out.

I want to clarify a point. This (above) is how I have come to feel about the issue but I will not be carrying a sign in front of an abortion clinic or passing judgment on those that chose an abortion option to their life choices. I leave that to the Light that sparks us all to decide.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-09-2013, 02:45 PM
BS. Forcing your beliefs onto others is not a requirement to be pro-life. It's a requirement in being completely ignorant,but then again I could wrong,ignorant & pro-life may be one & the same.

Of course it is!

let me get something straight. If you're pro-life, you want to eliminate the choice. 100 percent. And that's fine if you believe that, I even get why you do. But there is an argument in America, and if you're pro-life, and want to overturn the law, then pushing your beliefs on others is exactly what you're doing. If you personally would NEVER have an abortion, but allow other people to make a choice, you're pro-choice.

Again, I GET IT. If you think an embryo is a human and should have the same rights as one, then you think its murder. I get that. I just dont agree.

R8R H8R
06-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Hated Hamburger Helper as a kid, love it as an adult.

Hated school, loved college.

Kid A
06-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Not going to touch the abortion analogy, but I did stop eating meat partly on the basis of ethical reasons I had laughed at for most my life.

Politics and religion: my personal beliefs haven't undergone any big changes post-college, but I have come to see even very conservative worldviews as much more understandable and legitimate than I once did.

And not in a patronizing "oh, I get how a person's upbringing might make them hold those incorrect beliefs." More an understanding that different people and societies come to emphasize different values for historically important reasons. One of the best books on the topic is The Righteous Mind by Jonathan Haidt. Won't give the whole synopsis, but it has helped me better see the rational in opinions that I may have previously dismissed as selfish/crazy/ignorant/etc.

I also like mustard more than ketchup now.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Bananas. Hated them, now love them.

baja
06-09-2013, 02:55 PM
I hated canned veggies oh wait I still do.

R8R H8R
06-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Of course it is!

let me get something straight. If you're pro-life, you want to eliminate the choice. 100 percent. And that's fine if you believe that, I even get why you do. But there is an argument in America, and if you're pro-life, and want to overturn the law, then pushing your beliefs on others is exactly what you're doing. If you personally would NEVER have an abortion, but allow other people to make a choice, you're pro-choice.

Again, I GET IT. If you think an embryo is a human and should have the same rights as one, then you think its murder. I get that. I just dont agree.

I just gave you an example that contradicted your statement...me, and I am not alone on that--by a long shot. So who is forcing their opinions on who?

BTW, there is a HUGE difference between pro choice/pro life on a personal level and the political level. I think you are blurring the two in respect to the views of those who claim they are pro life.

Dukes
06-09-2013, 02:57 PM
You couldn't have paid me to eat cottage cheese up until a couple months ago. Now I eat it all the time.

baja
I used to be attracted to a women based on her body now I am more interested in the person within. Still don't feel attracted a sloppy looking one though.

razorwire77
NBA basketball- Loved it as a kid (80's era), can't stand it now.

DYI-I never used to work on cars, homes etc. Started in my late 20's, now in my mid 30's I can fix a lot ****.

Red meat. (Steaks, Ribs, ham, hamburger, pork-chops, bacon) I ate at least 3 servings of red meat per day.) Now I only eat fish and occasionally bbq chicken.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-09-2013, 03:02 PM
I just gave you an example that contradicted your statement...me, and I am not alone on that--by a long shot. So who is forcing their opinions on who?

BTW, there is a HUGE difference between pro choice/pro life on a personal level and the political level. I think you are blurring the two in respect to the views of those who claim they are pro life.

Pro-life, pro-choice is a political issue. I dont see how you can separate the two. You are either for choice or you're against it. You can be pro-choice and never get an abortion.

R8R H8R
06-09-2013, 03:02 PM
I used to hate the raiders, now I just pity them in disgust.

R8R H8R
06-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Pro-life, pro-choice is a political issue. I dont see how you can separate the two. You are either for choice or you're against it. You can be pro-choice and never get an abortion.

You just made my point. You can't separate the two, but assume that is true for everyone.

broncocalijohn
06-09-2013, 03:14 PM

You are gay and Blart wants your number.

baja
06-09-2013, 03:16 PM
I used to love to argue now I find it draining of energy

I think it's because I don't feel the need to be "right" like I did s a young man.

razorwire77
06-09-2013, 03:20 PM
I agree about the arguing part. Arguing and challenging people's core beliefs is futile 99 percent of the time. Really, it just leads to the same circular argument.

R8R H8R
06-09-2013, 03:22 PM
NBA basketball- Loved it as a kid (80's era), can't stand it now.

DYI-I never used to work on cars, homes etc. Started in my late 20's, now in my mid 30's I can fix a lot ****.

Red meat. (Steaks, Ribs, ham, hamburger, pork-chops, bacon) I ate at least 3 servings of red meat per day.) Now I only eat fish and occasionally bbq chicken.

You reminded me, I loved MLB as a kid, absolutely hate it now. The game i loved to play as a kid, i can't stand to watch now.

baja
06-09-2013, 03:27 PM
You reminded me, I loved MLB as a kid, absolutely hate it now. The game i loved to play as a kid, i can't stand to watch now.

Yup me too. I was a huge Red sox fan now I can't name one player on the team.

Same goes for the NBA

SonOfLe-loLang
06-09-2013, 03:33 PM
You just made my point. You can't separate the two, but assume that is true for everyone.

Wtf are you talking about. It's only a political issue. You either support the choice or you don't. If you personally could never get an abortion, then that's your choice.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-09-2013, 03:34 PM

Agreed. Well I don't hate it just don't follow it. I used to think soccer was ****, now I like it

Requiem
06-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Montee Ball

bowtown
06-09-2013, 04:03 PM
I used to look forward all week long to Saturday morning cartoons. Now, for the most part, I find them formulaic and shallow.

Also I used to think public speaking was the most terrifying thing in the world, now I think the scariest thing is death.

yerner
06-09-2013, 04:18 PM
givin a ****, used to, now i don't.

UberBroncoMan
06-09-2013, 04:21 PM
givin a ****, used to, now i don't.

Would you say you, "dooooooooon't caaaaaaaaaaaare" ?

Bacchus
06-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Growing up I used to be a boob man, now its all about the legs and ass.

errand
06-09-2013, 05:07 PM

I'm guessing you don't know who Margaret Sanger is.......

From 1939 to 1942 she was an honorary delegate of the Birth Control Federation of America, which included a supervisory role alongside Mary Lasker and Clarence Gamble in the Negro Project, an effort to deliver birth control to poor African Americans.

She wanted the Negro Project to include black ministers in leadership roles to emphasize the benefits of involving black community leaders, she wrote to Gamble "we do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."

Agamemnon
06-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Elway as GM. His lack of experience scared me, but he's done quite well since taking over.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-09-2013, 05:53 PM
I am on the side of the defenseless. I have been given a chance to enjoy this thing we call life and I think everyone conceived should be allowed the same opportunity. If you don't want a baby there are plenty of ways to avoid conception but if you get pregnant, the government has the right to tell you what you can or cannot do with YOUR OWN ****ING BODY.

fyp

R8R H8R
06-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Growing up I used to be a boob man, now its all about the legs and ass.

I can appreciate that. Also, the ability of a date to speak in complete sentences was not important when younger, in fact, the dumber the better. Now if I want a 2nd date, it is essential.

Man, I'm getting old.

ColoradoDarin
06-09-2013, 06:16 PM
fyp

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/dhaus5650/notyourbody_zps1a826b6a.jpg

SoCalBronco
06-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Lets try to keep this from degenerating into a political bitchfest, guys.

SouthStndJunkie
06-09-2013, 06:22 PM
You are gay and Blart wants your number.

It's only gay if you get a single digit and then ask for the rest of the fist.

24champ
06-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Drugs. Was once heavily involved in my school's Just Say No program. Now I'm all "hey hey hey, smoke weed every day."

God. Taught from a young age that the bible was real and true, and then you look at it objectively and... yeah, no. Jesus was a great man, but the Son of God? Born of a Virgin? Nope. Not buying.

Abortion. I'm still against abortion (would never ask or tell a girlfriend to have one), but I'm also in favor of a woman making her own healthcare decisions. Can't see how government minimalists feel they should have a say over someone's body.

The Republican Party. Grew up in a Republican household, with conservative values. The neocon movement completely changed my mind on this.

This. Also changed my mind on gay marriage, if they want to get married and be miserable...let them.

Pick Six
06-09-2013, 06:57 PM
I grew up in a Republican household, and I STILL retain beliefs of a smaller, more efficient government. However, I've come to realize that ALL politicians are out for themselves. It doesn't matter if they are Republican or Democrat...

DenverDynamite
06-09-2013, 08:39 PM
I struggle with abortion. My ex-girlfriend in college got pregnant from me and went off and had an abortion without telling me. I have always felt a wash of sadness and relief from that situation. Really, I can see both sides of the argument, I just figure I don't have a uterus nor do I walk in the everybody else's shoes. I guess I'm personally against it, but I respect the right while still in the first trimester.

UberBroncoMan
06-09-2013, 08:52 PM
I grew up in a Republican household, and I STILL retain beliefs of a smaller, more efficient government. However, I've come to realize that ALL politicians are out for themselves. It doesn't matter if they are Republican or Democrat...

Bring back the Monarchy!!!

errand
06-09-2013, 08:57 PM
I struggle with abortion. My ex-girlfriend in college got pregnant from me and went off and had an abortion without telling me. I have always felt a wash of sadness and relief from that situation. Really, I can see both sides of the argument, I just figure I don't have a uterus nor do I walk in the everybody else's shoes. I guess I'm personally against it, but I respect the right while still in the first trimester.

A baby is the most innocent human being.....and killing is the most heinous thing a person could do to another. That should put it into perspective for you....

What if we made abortion retroactive?

TheReverend
06-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Anyone who has a child will change their minds of all sorts of preexisting thoughts, beliefs and lifestyles.

cmhargrove
06-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Damn, this is about as depressing as a game loss thread...

bowtown
06-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Damn, this is about as depressing as a game loss thread...

I used to think game loss threads were as depressing as it gets. Now I think abortion jacking threads are.

Gutless Drunk
06-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Clicking on this thread.

Kaylore
06-09-2013, 10:15 PM

I've realized this as well. I think they're all bad. I used to do a lot of Jersey wearing. Democrats grow government faster than Republicans, but both grow government.

DenverDynamite
06-09-2013, 10:25 PM
A baby is the most innocent human being.....and killing is the most heinous thing a person could do to another. That should put it into perspective for you....

What if we made abortion retroactive?

...But a cell mass is not a baby. Sorry, this is a philosophical discussion and it is not black and white. I have struggled with this question for almost twenty years even still after the birth of my two boys. Sorry, I was merely offering my perspective on the subject and not looking for someone to influence me with absolutisms.

Blueflame
06-10-2013, 03:51 AM
Lets try to keep this from degenerating into a political b****fest, guys.

QFT.

Political topics such as abortion - where individuals have varied and passionately-held opinions and there's a risk of things devolving into personal flaming - are why we have the WRP forum. Please feel free to open a new thread there.

TD4HOF
06-10-2013, 04:09 AM
Lots of promise followed by a disastrous turn, this thread.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-10-2013, 07:29 AM
This was a wholesome thread about misogyny, sexual slave androids, and unsolicited fingers in the ass.

DenverDynamite
06-10-2013, 07:35 AM
Sorry guys, I agree and apologize.

55CrushEm
06-10-2013, 07:41 AM

That's a great song by Disturbed......

Can you feel that?
Ah, ****

Drowning deep in my sea of loathing
Broken your servant I kneel
(Will you give in to me?)
It seems what's left of my human side
Is slowly changing in me

Looking at my own reflection
When suddenly it changes
Violently it changes (oh no)
There is no turning back now
You've stuck your middle digit...in me

[Chorus:]
Get up, come on get down with the digit [x3]
Open up your hate, and let it flow into me
Get up, come on get down with the digit
You mother get up come on get down with the digit
You ****er get up come on get down with the digit
Fingers are the gift, that have been given to me

I can see inside you, the digit is rising
Don't try to deny what you feel
It seems that all that was good has died
And is decaying in me

It seems you're having some trouble
In dealing with these changes
Living with these changes (oh no)
The world is a scary place
Now that you've woken up the demon in me

[Chorus]

(And when I dream) [x4]
No mommy, don't do it again
Don't do it again
I'll be a good boy
I'll be a good boy, I promise
No mommy don't hit me
Why did you have to hit me like that, mommy?
Don't do it, you're hurting me
Why did you have to be such a b****
Why don't you,
Why don't you just **** off and die
Why can't you just **** off and die
Why can't you just leave here and die
Never stick your digit in my arse again b****
**** YOU
I don't need this ****
You stupid sadistic abusive ****ing whore
How would you like to see how it feels mommy
Here it comes, get ready to take all five of my digits

:)

SouthStndJunkie
06-10-2013, 07:54 AM
That was 'disturbing'.

SouthStndJunkie
06-10-2013, 07:55 AM
I used to really like that song....but now I'll think of that every time I hear it.

You've 'tainted' it for me....literally.

Old Dude
06-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Cripes, people.