PDA

View Full Version : Republican Steve King Claims Ronald Reagan Gave 15 Million Votes to President Obama

W*GS
06-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Yet another GOP nutjob...

Republican Steve King Claims Ronald Reagan Gave 15 Million Votes to President Obama (http://www.forwardprogressives.com/republican-steve-king-claims-ronald-reagan-gave-15-million-votes-to-president-obama/)

Arkie
06-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Are you officially on the "Republican-party-is-going-extinct" bandwagon now, or do you believe it's a political cycle?

peacepipe
06-08-2013, 11:46 AM
I don't think the republican party is going extinct,but if they don't change they will be a minority party on a permanent basis.

W*GS
06-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Are you officially on the "Republican-party-is-going-extinct" bandwagon now, or do you believe it's a political cycle?

If the GOP is your party, you need to do some serious housecleaning.

If it isn't, then what do you care?

Arkie
06-08-2013, 12:38 PM
I hope the GOP does clean their own house and bring us real change. Unfortunately, they'll only be back because people will be sick of the Democrats. You thought the GOP would be in power for decades when the pendulum was on the other side, but it swings back and forth every 4 to 8 years, 12 years tops.

peacepipe
06-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Your projecting,majority of Americans don't hate dems as you would like to think.

W*GS
06-08-2013, 12:52 PM
I hope the GOP does clean their own house and bring us real change. Unfortunately, they'll only be back because people will be sick of the Democrats. You thought the GOP would be in power for decades when the pendulum was on the other side, but it swings back and forth every 4 to 8 years, 12 years tops.

The GOP had a real chance to gain more permanent power, but then they went whacky. Gingrich, Cain, Bachmann, this dude King, &c., &c. Unless they straighten up and eject the nutjobs, they're gonna pull a Poseidon and capsize.

Rohirrim
06-08-2013, 01:05 PM

The GOP has brought us tons of change. Are you kidding? They changed the entire tax code of the country to feed wealth to the already rich and shifted the burden of the cost of government to the middle class. They put us firmly on the path of supply side economics. They crushed immigration reform. They crushed health care reform, even turning on their own program. They dismantled Glass/Steagle which led to one of the worst economic disasters in our history. They changed everything from the safe water act to the forest preservation. They have force fed their radical agenda to this country for thirty years. Real change? :spit:

It just shows how excellent the propaganda machine of the Right works. Even their own puppets believe they are still the victims.

Arkie
06-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Your projecting,majority of Americans don't hate dems as you would like to think.

I didn't say the majority of Americans hate Dems. It only takes a small % of people that are tired of the party in power plus the base to get to 51%. The pendulum has been swinging between the lessor of two evils for decades.

Arkie
06-08-2013, 01:21 PM
The GOP has brought us tons of change. Are you kidding? They changed the entire tax code of the country to feed wealth to the already rich and shifted the burden of the cost of government to the middle class. They put us firmly on the path of supply side economics. They crushed immigration reform. They crushed health care reform, even turning on their own program. They dismantled Glass/Steagle which led to one of the worst economic disasters in our history. They changed everything from the safe water act to the forest preservation. They have force fed their radical agenda to this country for thirty years. Real change? :spit:

It just shows how excellent the propaganda machine of the Right works. Even their own puppets believe they are still the victims.

I said "hoped" not "believed." I know real change is a pipe dream. I also said "unfortunately" they'll be back when people get sick of Democrats.

peacepipe
06-08-2013, 01:23 PM
I said "hoped" not "believed." I know real change is a pipe dream. I also said "unfortunately" they'll be back when people get sick of Democrats.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Rohirrim
06-08-2013, 05:04 PM

Show me a policy from the last thirty years that can be classified as liberal? Reagan buried the progressive movement. In all but name, Clinton was a Republican. Obama is only marginally different from Bush. And before the parrots squawk about Obamacare, that policy was hatched in the belly of the Heritage Foundation. It's to the right of Bob Dole's healthcare reform package. We've had thirty years of Right Wing politics in this country. The wreckage is everywhere.

Requiem
06-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Demographics are going to render the party useless unless they change what they believe in.

Rohirrim
06-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Due to the listless wimpery of the Democrats for thirty years, the majority of Americans don't even know what progressive politics looks like. Fox screams in their faces 24/7 and they are led to believe that there is actually a two party system in operation. There's not. There is a Center/Right monolith that just keeps lumbering along in its banal mediocrity, dragging the country into stagnation and eventual dissolution. Death by ennui.

As TS Eliot put it, "This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper."
http://www.artofeurope.com/eliot/eli2.htm

Baja is right. The smart ones see it. The rich ones see it. They sit offshore in secure enclaves, rifling the treasury of a dying empire as it falls.

TonyR
06-11-2013, 10:09 AM
The Republican party is plagued by leaders who really want to be Fox News personalities and talk-radio hosts rather than politicians. Those professions have very different skill sets and very different success metrics. They simply are not the same thing. There’s a reason Bill Buckley never expected to win his mayoral race. Rush of all people should understand that. If you are good at what Rush does, you end up becoming Rush; if you’re not very good at it, you end up becoming Christine O’Donnell. Q: Who thinks the Republican party or the conservative movement needs another Christine O’Donnell? http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/350675/curious-case-limbaugh-v-williamson-kevin-williamson

Righties, kindly take note of the source!

Rohirrim
06-11-2013, 12:13 PM
The movement of Progressive politics in America was launched by Teddy Roosevelt.

The movement of Tea Party politics in America was launched by Ronald Reagan.

I rest my case.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SR5BfQ4rEqQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

nyuk nyuk
06-13-2013, 06:45 PM
"Forward Progressives." You gotta love the circle jerk stuff these guys paste from. I grew out of progressivism crap over 10 years ago.

Get with the times, guys!

nyuk nyuk
06-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Due to the listless wimpery of the Democrats for thirty years, the majority of Americans don't even know what progressive politics looks like.

2 words:

Free ****.